PDA

View Full Version : CCL 2020 - From the Outside Looking In

OgtheDim
02-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Starts in less then 2 weeks

https://i.imgur.com/SrjYcey.png

Seattle traditionally has not taken this seriously. They have the easiest trip to the Semis.

RealG-TFC
02-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Hopefully Montréal doesn't ruin the Canadian coefficient. Rooting for Club León.

magmadragon
02-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Is anyone planning on showing it in Canada? OneSoccer perhaps?

djcuse
02-05-2020, 03:03 PM
I believe TSN is still the rights holders in Canada for the CCL tournament

Is anyone planning on showing it in Canada? OneSoccer perhaps?

Lil'John
02-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Let's hope TSN show the Impact games at least. They never seem to show Impact MLS games...
The top half of the draw looks easier (only one Mexican club and weaker MLS clubs).
Is there a country coefficient? Do we benefit if Impact win it?

OgtheDim
02-05-2020, 05:33 PM

Yes, we need the Impact to get through the first round at least.

MikeForbes
02-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Rooting for the Sounders. I have a ton of respect for that organization.

Mike_S
02-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Let's hope TSN show the Impact games at least. They never seem to show Impact MLS games...
The top half of the draw looks easier (only one Mexican club and weaker MLS clubs).

Yes, TSN has the matches against Saprissa.

OgtheDim
02-17-2020, 10:01 PM
Games this week (all MLS teams play away the first leg)

Tuesday

Atlanta
LAFC

Wednesday

Impact

Thursday

Seattle
NYCFC

Streamed at TSN direct

Lil'John
02-18-2020, 05:58 PM
TSN 5 at 8 for the Impact game tomorrow.
Will be interesting to see what XI TH puts out.

magmadragon
02-18-2020, 09:08 PM
So far in the first half, Cruz Azul hasn't done squat against Portmore United.

OgtheDim
02-18-2020, 10:05 PM
So I turn on the Portmore Cruz Azul game.

2 guys down injured, small team winning - lots of people on the pitch, a stretcher & 6 minutes of extra time.

I LOVE ME SOME CCL

OgtheDim
02-18-2020, 10:13 PM
And there is the CCL we all know

magmadragon
02-18-2020, 10:15 PM
Portmore just got CONCACAF'd

OgtheDim
02-18-2020, 10:16 PM
LAFC with the 3 keepers in the 18 trick

OgtheDim
02-18-2020, 10:27 PM
English language LigaMx commentators on the LAFC game - quite good.

Defoe
02-18-2020, 11:20 PM
Watched the first 15 minutes of LAFC, they were cringe worthy level bad. Big time rust you can tell this is there first real competitive game of the year. Also No Ateusta and they just traded there starting CB.

Smokecell
02-18-2020, 11:22 PM
Few things of note.

1) Portmore v Azul was CONCACAF in its purest form. Underdogs go up. Crazy amounts of extra time. Game flips in said extra time. Game played on cow pasture. Ticks every box.

2) LAFC traded Zimmerman right before this tie because?

3) LAFC travelling support is impressive. Kudos to them.

4) Not an observation but a thought - I hope MLS teams get obliterated as a sign that going cheap with the new CBA can maintain the gap with Liga MX

5) TFC should be here. I love my team but my goodness how did we let the limp act waste a spot like this.

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2020, 11:32 PM
LAFC with the 3 keepers in the 18 trick

I believe that TFC has dressed three keepers only once in their 18 man game day roster?

OgtheDim
02-19-2020, 07:10 AM
Atlanta got the result, LAFC looked like they did against us back in the fall.

Nothing beats CCL experience for dealing with CCL.

Lil'John
02-19-2020, 07:33 PM
Pre-game show on nTSN5 at 7.30.

Blkndkr
02-19-2020, 08:19 PM
J
LAFC with the 3 keepers in the 18 trick forgive my ignorance, but what’s the deal with this?

Auzzy
02-19-2020, 08:32 PM
I hate, hate, hate the CONCACAF 1-minute highlights for these games.

OgtheDim
02-19-2020, 08:49 PM
Not that Montreal is really good but Saprissa's defence has been bad.

Montreal getting into the quarters is useful to us as it means the Canadian co efficient can't drop the 2021 Canadian team down in the rankings.

Dave F
02-19-2020, 09:00 PM

Montreal getting into the quarters is useful to us as it means the Canadian co efficient can't drop the 2021 Canadian team down in the rankings.
Yea good for us If you believe we will be able to retain Canadian championship . I am very concerned about the health of our top players ! This has a chance to go south very fast with Jozy sure to be injured, Piatti who already is being treated with kid gloves as management already stating they will rest him about 30% of matches and Bradley who is gone for 4 months.

Dave F
02-19-2020, 09:08 PM
My friends at the pub are wondering if the Piatti signing was just the club appeasing the fan base who missed out on signing a bigger name?

OgtheDim
02-19-2020, 10:41 PM
Impact were the Impact of last year - great first 20 minutes - can't hold a lead.

SirBobSaget
02-19-2020, 11:27 PM
Impact were the Impact of last year - great first 20 minutes - can't hold a lead.

Have to cut them some slack they are in pre-season form and had to use all 3 subs on injuries. An away draw is never a bad result at this stage for MLS teams.

SirBobSaget
02-19-2020, 11:30 PM

Reminder that we need to put aside our ill-will towards the Impact and hope they go far in this competition. Otherwise when TFC qualifies next they will get to face Mexican opposition instead of softer opposition.

magmadragon
02-19-2020, 11:48 PM
Hate to say it but Impact played fairly well. Kept their shape for the most part but exhaustion did them in in the end.

Joe Kool
02-20-2020, 12:38 AM
Have to cut them some slack they are in pre-season form and had to use all 3 subs on injuries. An away draw is never a bad result at this stage for MLS teams.

Having to sub for injuries is something TFC knows too well. They did have fatigue set in but in the first half they also pulled out an annoying TFC trick by taking their foot off the gas after the 2 goals and just defended. Man I hate when TFC does that. Another 10 minutes they were going to lose that game. I think they are out next game. Hope they get the lines painted right at the Big O.

fergiejr
02-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Yeah, the game was Montreal's for the first 30. Then lose two guys and they lose focus.

Dead legs in the 2nd half did them in. You could tell at 2-0 there was a goal to be had, Saprissa had all the chances.

Montreal looked good in splashes in the 2nd half, but it was basically all Saprissa.

10 more min, and Montreal loses that game.

They do go home with 2 away goals though, so at least they have that. And neither team got Concacafed! Officiating was pretty good for a Concacaf game.

Mikmacdo
02-20-2020, 08:40 AM
I hope Montreal does well, I want to see the day when Canada gets two spots in the CCL.

OgtheDim
02-20-2020, 08:58 AM
They do go home with 2 away goals though, so at least they have that. And neither team got Concacafed! Officiating was pretty good for a Concacaf game.

Apparently, the worst ref so far has been Marufo of MLS in the America game.

Lil'John
02-20-2020, 10:34 AM
Officiating was very good.
Good game.
Impact impressed. Let's hope they're strong, and the #2 team in the East this year!

Yohan
02-20-2020, 10:57 AM
Officiating was very good.
Good game.
Impact impressed. Let's hope they're strong, and the #2 team in the East this year!

I hope Impact gets crushed by Saprissa.

I have only scorn and disdain for any team from Montreal lol

Gazza
02-20-2020, 12:29 PM
I think this is Portmore's year.

Oldtimer
02-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Montreal is going to be in tough both for the return tie and also for the start of the MLS season due to CCL play injuries.

Gotta say we know what that's like.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-20-2020, 11:22 PM
I hope Impact gets crushed by Saprissa.

I have only scorn and disdain for any team from Montreal lol

yeah couldnt ever give less than a shit for that team. Hope they get destroyed. Canada can earn its second place otherways surely.

magmadragon
02-21-2020, 01:45 AM
NYCFC and Seattle were a resumption to the usual CONCACAF shithoussery after a couple of relatively light nights. Seattle, first half in particular, was a total gong show.

OgtheDim
02-21-2020, 07:56 AM
Away goals are good but giving up goals so late - none of these teams seem to have done any fitness work.

OgtheDim
02-25-2020, 10:01 PM
Atlanta going through, probably to play Club America.

First leg would be in the Azteca.

magmadragon
02-25-2020, 11:01 PM
Atlanta going through, probably to play Club America.

First leg would be in the Azteca.

That ref seemed to forget his cards in the locker room.

Lil'John
02-26-2020, 09:04 PM
ATL looked pretty good last night. Particularly Pity. 2nd season in MLS. Good indicator for Poz, I hope.

MTL game 0-0 at half time.

OgtheDim
02-26-2020, 09:22 PM
NYC doing the job.

Tigres? Starting their top guys at home but now losing with away goals.

Yohan
02-26-2020, 09:57 PM
I know it's very early in the season, but damn. Mtl is really bad

Chubbs
02-26-2020, 10:12 PM
Wow! What a finish to the Tigres game, losing 4-4 on away goals in the 94th minute, their keeper comes up and scores the winning goal from a header on a last minute corner kick...

magmadragon
02-26-2020, 10:32 PM
Wow! What a finish to the Tigres game, losing 4-4 on away goals in the 94th minute, their keeper comes up and scores the winning goal from a header on a last minute corner kick...

Yeah a hell of a finish. Got to feel to Alianza, seconds away from going through.

SirBobSaget
02-26-2020, 11:00 PM

Although I always enjoy an upset was pulling for Tigres so that NYFC has to go all out next round which will hamper their MLS campaign.

Defoe
02-26-2020, 11:35 PM
Although I always enjoy an upset was pulling for Tigres so that NYFC has to go all out next round which will hamper their MLS campaign.

Tigres out early would have been better for MLS clubs in CCL though

James17930
02-27-2020, 12:01 AM
Was there a good crowd in Montreal?

Defoe
02-27-2020, 03:12 AM
Atlanta seems to look pretty good with Josef Martinez, Pity Martinez and Barco showing some chemistry. If they can get Rosetto in (there new CM where all the Gressel money went too) and Miles Robinson is back and they can get in form with chemistry they are up there. Also Seattle looks good. NYCFC an outside chance. LAFC is done. Leon and Tigres are the big threats from Mexico imo

OgtheDim
02-27-2020, 07:04 AM

Henry being very pragmatic but Seattle will kill them.

613reppingTFC
02-27-2020, 09:29 AM
Was there a good crowd in Montreal?

They said it was 21,000. The field looked awful.

SoccMan2
02-27-2020, 07:50 PM
Ok but TFC lost to basically the equivalent of a middle of the pack CPL team last year in the Champions League they not only lost but got clobbered by a butch of semi pros lol.

Yohan
02-27-2020, 09:16 PM
Ok but TFC lost to basically the equivalent of a middle of the pack CPL team last year in the Champions League they not only lost but got clobbered by a butch of semi pros lol.yeah, but it's really embarassing when you're at home, but Saprissa had almost 70% possession.

Yohan
02-28-2020, 12:19 AM
Madness in CCL tonight.
LAFC got a bit lucky, scores 3 goals to beat Leon 3-2 on aggregate
Seattle had a brain fart and loses to Olimpia on PKs. Stefan Frei still is one of the worst in PKs

This year's CCL is off to a fun start

SirBobSaget
02-28-2020, 12:24 AM
Seattle home crowd gets to experience the hurt of penalty shootout loss. fyi SUCKS!. Montreal better get in gear.

magmadragon
02-28-2020, 02:47 AM
The 3rd LAFC goal was great. Off the crossbar, then the post, then in.

Defoe
02-28-2020, 03:18 AM
The 3rd LAFC goal was great. Off the crossbar, then the post, then in.

CCL is like March Madness college basketball, anyone can win!!

tfcfans
02-28-2020, 05:43 AM
For all the talk of greatest MLS teams ever --- we still have yet to see an MLS team get close to (CanChamp/US Open Cup), Shield, MLS CUP, CCL Finals loss on Pks (and beating two Mexican giants to get there).....no one else has really been close in pulling off the Treble (never mind Quad)......the best shot to a comparable this year would be if LAFC can run the Mexican gauntlet, win CCL (or lose to Tigres on penalties in the Finals which would be the most MLS thing ever!), and then churn out an MLS Cup this year......to me they are the closest thing to the talent level of the 2017 TFC squad overall....After all these crazy results it just shows how much "luck" can go into this stuff.....oh Marky, if only you could have kept the ball down.....

OgtheDim
02-28-2020, 06:52 AM
Very CONCACAF all that.

US soccer media is going ga ga over LAFC, and in some ways they should as beating Leon is a big thing. But, Leon played very poorly in that game. LAFC having to go to the Azteca for the second leg will be an education, I think.

Seattle going out is satisfying.

I would not surprise me if the only MLS team in the Semis is Montreal.

fergiejr
02-28-2020, 07:57 AM
Seattle going out is satisfying.

Very satisfying. Hey Seattle fans, how does it feel losing out to penalties?

I would not surprise me if the only MLS team in the Semis is Montreal.

They do have the easiest trek now for sure. Should be an interesting round.

Dave F
02-28-2020, 11:59 PM
For all the talk of greatest MLS teams ever --- we still have yet to see an MLS team get close to (CanChamp/US Open Cup), Shield, MLS CUP, CCL Finals loss on Pks (and beating two Mexican giants to get there).....no one else has really been close in pulling off the Treble (never mind Quad)......the best shot to a comparable this year would be if LAFC can run the Mexican gauntlet, win CCL (or lose to Tigres on penalties in the Finals which would be the most MLS thing ever!), and then churn out an MLS Cup this year......to me they are the closest thing to the talent level of the 2017 TFC squad overall....After all these crazy results it just shows how much "luck" can go into this stuff.....oh Marky, if only you could have kept the ball down..... I have been wondering if TFC management will ever try to match the 2017 club, seems like cutting payroll is the new agenda. Really no point participating in CCL if organisation is not willing to go all in.

OgtheDim
03-10-2020, 07:55 PM
Wanyama is playing tonight on that concrete carpet in Montreal. He's doing a lot of awkward jogging

Ultra & Proud
03-10-2020, 08:00 PM
I have been wondering if TFC management will ever try to match the 2017 club, seems like cutting payroll is the new agenda. Really no point participating in CCL if organisation is not willing to go all in.

Yup. We're right in there with the Whitecaps, Rapids, & Dallas.

MikeForbes
03-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Wanyama is playing tonight on that concrete carpet in Montreal. He's doing a lot of awkward jogging

Montreal is doing some awkward defending too. Brault-Guillard just got made to look like a high school level defender.

OgtheDim
03-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Henry not here for this "We got CONCACAF'd" stuff

https://twitter.com/ByDougMcIntyre/status/1237566359296282626

Guy manages like he plays, it seems.

ensco
03-10-2020, 10:18 PM
^Henry knows crying about an obvious uncalled handball will just make him an object of ridicule in the entire sports world tomorrow.

I think they might lead the Irish newscasts with this tomorrow, as it is.

magmadragon
03-10-2020, 10:24 PM
I've seen them given and I've seen them not given.

Usually that's two separate incidents. But this is CONCACAF.

Personally, I don't think it was a penalty simply because it hit his tucked in arm, not the extended overhead one - that would have made it an easy call.

fergiejr
03-11-2020, 07:00 AM
Saw something about this on "Instant Replay" on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Hv70rVLq4ZA?t=149

Apparently the IFAB handball rule has changed.

Handball Law 12 Changes

Deliberate handball remains an offence
The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations:

the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger
if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the bodybigger)
If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf

613reppingTFC
03-11-2020, 09:42 AM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/03/10/montreal-impact-late-penalty-kick-waved-loss-cd-olimpia

Love Jozy's comment at the end haha

fergiejr
03-11-2020, 10:37 AM
Awesome. :-)

Bushmancan
03-11-2020, 11:39 AM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/03/10/montreal-impact-late-penalty-kick-waved-loss-cd-olimpia

Love Jozy's comment at the end haha

Jozy is savage... but if it was anyone other than montreal, there is no debating.

the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger (his top hand is flailing and his other arm, which the ball touched is off his body)

And how in the world did the AR have a better view than the Referee to overturn it.

BendItLikeGio
03-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Seeing Montreal(home) lose 2-1, NYCFC(home) losing 1-0 to Tigres, and Atlanta(Away) getting a thrashing of 3-0 against Club America. IS BITTER SWEET

Smokecell
03-12-2020, 11:32 AM
The CCL has been suspended. LAFC v Cruz Azul will not happen tonight.

Lil'John
04-17-2020, 07:01 PM
NYFC was the last live game, but I'm even glad I got together with my neighbour and watched this Impact game...nothing since then.
I jog past the 'field of dreams' every evening and feel depressed...

Smokecell
12-17-2020, 09:56 AM
What in the actual...LAFC v Cruz Azul was a one legged winner take all affair?

noxx98
12-17-2020, 10:01 AM
What in the actual...LAFC v Cruz Azul was a one legged winner take all affair?
They didn't play leg 1 because of all of the COVID lockdowns. I think all the games going forward in the tournament are also going to be single legs.

benito
12-17-2020, 10:15 AM
They didn't play leg 1 because of all of the COVID lockdowns. I think all the games going forward in the tournament are also going to be single legs.

Yes, the remaining games are neutral site single legs in Orlando. The semi finals are on Saturday and the finals are on Tuesday.

Smokecell
12-17-2020, 10:26 AM
Wow massive advantage afforded to LAFC with that. 1 leg at a neutral venue v a Mexican team, you can't ask for a more advantageous situation to get yourself in.

OgtheDim
12-17-2020, 10:32 AM
Its basically the old school CCL now - I would say LAFC has a chance but Tigres REALLY wants this bad (evergreen statement)

613reppingTFC
12-19-2020, 11:35 PM
Whoa this lafc game is getting out of hand. Atuesta didn't even touch the goalie when getting up. He was the one clipped and should have gotten the penalty kick for getting kicked in the chest. 2nd half might be pretty ugly.

reggie
12-19-2020, 11:36 PM
LAFC jus got concacafucked what a joke

Yohan
12-19-2020, 11:49 PM
and Vela just went beast mode

Red CB Toronto
12-20-2020, 12:22 AM
Both teams down to 10 men with 10 min + to go, after a reckless America tackle on Rossi.

Red CB Toronto
12-20-2020, 12:36 AM
Champions League Final on Tuesday, LAFC vs. Tigres at of all times 10:00 PM. It will pit Vela vs. Gignac whom each scored a brace in their respective teams semi-final victories. LAFC was rock solid defensively in the closing minutes of their victory over Club America before stretching their lead to 3-1. Tuesday night should be an exciting one.

OgtheDim
12-20-2020, 07:06 AM
Reading the post game reports, LAFC is happy to be in the final.

Tigres is going to win this one.

SoccMan2
12-20-2020, 07:59 AM
So happy that finally a team that was CONCACAFED still was able to win the game. Disgraceful performance by the Club America keeper in getting the LAFC player sent off. Also how does a coach who is sent off able to sit in the stands and pretty close to the bench ? Moreover, then uses a phone or some kind of radio device in plain sight to communicate to his bench ? Screw Club America and all their antics justice was done in the end!

Yohan
12-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Reading the post game reports, LAFC is happy to be in the final.

Tigres is going to win this one.
Don't sell LAFC so short. They been behind all 3 Mexican teams they faced but came through. Also, getting straight up CONCACAF'd and still winning is massive.

This LAFC team is mentally tough and don't panic.

OgtheDim
12-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Oh I think LAFC will put in a big shift but Tigres has been hunting this one for years and their whole season is mentally riding on this game. The last team MLS Tigres didn't take seriously was us. Since then, they have thumped every non Liga Mx team.

Strange things happen in a one off game, especially in a neutral environment. Just think Tigres is going to want it more - almost like us in the 2017 final.

SoccMan2
12-20-2020, 05:55 PM
My dislike of the cheating, the diving, the time waisting and all the crap that goes on with these Central American teams be it at the club level and the national team level is why I’m rooting for LAFC to finally lift this damn cup for the MLS , plus Bob Bradley has always been a coach I’ve always wished would one day coach TFC probably one of the best American coaches around .

Yohan
12-20-2020, 09:52 PM
Oh I think LAFC will put in a big shift but Tigres has been hunting this one for years and their whole season is mentally riding on this game. The last team MLS Tigres didn't take seriously was us. Since then, they have thumped every non Liga Mx team.

Strange things happen in a one off game, especially in a neutral environment. Just think Tigres is going to want it more - almost like us in the 2017 final.

Tigres are a big choke artists when it comes to CCL finals.

And manager Tuco Feretti never really prioritized CCL

Jcm144
12-22-2020, 10:04 PM
Anyone got a link for the CCL final?

benito
12-22-2020, 11:30 PM
Diego Rossi with slick finish from a nice pass from Mark Anthony Kaye.

I think Tigres are going increase the pressure for the next 30 minutes.

Bushmancan
12-22-2020, 11:32 PM
Anyone got a link for the CCL final?

LAFC 1 - Tigres 0. 64th Minute

MikeForbes
12-22-2020, 11:35 PM
LAFC look like the better team out there.

benito
12-22-2020, 11:40 PM
That lead didn't last too long.

Tied 1-1 in the 71st minute.

Bushmancan
12-22-2020, 11:52 PM
Gignac 84th Minute. LAFC 1 - Tigres 2

Bushmancan
12-22-2020, 11:53 PM
Now Tigres are doing the kill the clock, I’m injured. This and exactly this, is what kills the game.

Bushmancan
12-23-2020, 12:02 AM
Wasn’t the prettiest game but doesn’t matter, you just need to get there.

tfcfans
12-23-2020, 12:03 AM
They deserve it after this many attempts....hope they show well at the Club World Cup.

Yohan
12-23-2020, 12:05 AM
what I'd pay for a clinical striker like Gignac for TFC

benito
12-23-2020, 12:06 AM
Wasn’t the prettiest game but doesn’t matter, you just need to get there.

yeah it wasn’t the greatest game but MLS is going to win this tourney soon. The divide between the leagues is getting smaller every year.

benito
12-23-2020, 12:09 AM

I just read his stats on Wikipedia and they are impressive. 207 games, 125 goals with tigres.

NK Toronto
12-23-2020, 12:26 AM

Maybe TFC can do a straight swap for Altidore.

OgtheDim
12-23-2020, 06:49 AM
Maybe TFC can do a straight swap for Altidore.

Rumour has it Tigres showed interest in Altidore in 2018.

OgtheDim
12-23-2020, 06:51 AM
The MLS high water mark in CCL remains the moment Giovinco sent that pass in from the left towards Delgado.

ensco
12-23-2020, 07:39 AM
The MLS high water mark in CCL remains the moment Giovinco sent that pass in from the left towards Delgado.

I wasn’t totally paying attention but reading this, it would have really pissed me off to see LAFC “winning” this ersatz tournament in a single game knockout format at a neutral site.

We won the final game in 2018 away at Chivas in a lion's den, in front of 50,000 screaming, increasingly horrified fans. We played the second leg in fabled stadiums in Mexico three different times, and played great every time.

That is what “winning” this thing looks like ...

Thank you Tigres.

portu
12-23-2020, 10:56 AM
I wasn’t totally paying attention but reading this, it would have really pissed me off to see LAFC “winning” this ersatz tournament in a single game knockout format at a neutral site.

We won the final game in 2018 away at Chivas in a lion's den, in front of 50,000 screaming, increasingly horrified fans. We played the second leg in fabled stadiums in Mexico three different times, and played great every time.

Thank you Tigres.
This times a thousand^^^

ag futbol
12-23-2020, 11:50 AM
I wasn’t that wound up about this but when you put it that way.... I’m sort of relieved LA didn’t win.

To be fair, my general thought is teams aren’t reaching the quality of play they did pre covid. It wasn’t as high quality a game as some finals I’d seen in the past. And that’s no fault of the participants but at the same time better to have a clean record of history.

Kamp Berg
12-23-2020, 12:28 PM
Everything this year was bound to have an asterisk beside it, but it was a little sickening to watch the desperate attempt by MLS pundits to crown Seattle a dynasty and LAFC as the first MLS team to ‘really’ win the CCL.

NK Toronto
12-23-2020, 03:59 PM
Rumour has it Tigres showed interest in Altidore in 2018.

Hopefully they are still interested in 2020. If they want more I would throw in Mullins.

NK Toronto
12-23-2020, 04:08 PM
I just heard that today is Festivus. I would like to take a moment to wish a Happy Festivus to those of you who celebrate this iconic holiday. If you don"t know what I am referring to it probably means you were born after 1980.

Canary10
12-23-2020, 04:32 PM

Thank you Tigres.

I couldn't agree more.

Auzzy
12-23-2020, 05:22 PM
I just heard that today is Festivus. I would like to take a moment to wish a Happy Festivus to those of you who celebrate this iconic holiday. If you don"t know what I am referring to it probably means you were born after 1980.

Festivus is the perfect holiday for this forum! Let's all air our grievances!

NK Toronto
12-23-2020, 07:45 PM
Festivus is the perfect holiday for this forum! Let's all air our grievances!

You truly have embraced the spirit of Festivus.