PDA

View Full Version : MLS Cup Final - TFC @ Seattle Sun Nov 10 3pm - Now Don't Be Sad

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s

Have at It People

catz4ever
10-30-2019, 09:40 PM
Wow!!! Who would have thought we’d make it to MLS Cup Final

sidvan
10-30-2019, 09:44 PM
How do we get tickets?

glaze
10-30-2019, 09:45 PM
Wonder why Saturday night didnt make sense?

mauser09
10-30-2019, 09:49 PM
Game really gonna be at noon pacific time? Seems strange for a final

Yuushalinsky
10-30-2019, 09:56 PM
I'm happy whatever the result is... that being said,

COME ON YOU REDS. I want to see us storm their house and bury it.

rydermike
10-30-2019, 09:58 PM
Westberg
Auro-Gonzalez-Mavinga-Morrow
Delgado-Bradley-Osorio
Pozuelo-Altidore-Benezet

Laryea and DeLeon as supersubs

Drew Moor as a 90th minute sub ala Cheyrou in 2017

TFC lifts trophy

Initial B
10-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Can't wait for the rubber match!

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 10:24 PM
One aspect of this game that I think changes things a lot.

Both teams are not going to let this game define them. There will be no massive pressure to succeed. Everybody wants to win, but there is no overarching "we HAVE TO win this game" mentality like there was in 2016 & 2017.

I think both teams will go in with a lot of freedom to play a fun expansive game, knowing full well that this one game isn't the be all and end all for the franchise.

Waggy
10-30-2019, 10:24 PM
I cant fucking believe it. what a run. what a team. westberg needs a statue

JoesphNdo
10-30-2019, 10:25 PM
How's everyone getting there? Flying to Vancouver seems to be the best play, really tempted to pull the trigger on flights there

pfk
10-30-2019, 10:28 PM
I can't believe it! This is amazing! What a fuckin' good team!

Redcoe15
10-30-2019, 11:10 PM
One aspect of this game that I think changes things a lot.

Both teams are not going to let this game define them. There will be no massive pressure to succeed. Everybody wants to win, but there is no overarching "we HAVE TO win this game" mentality like there was in 2016 & 2017.

I think both teams will go in with a lot of freedom to play a fun expansive game, knowing full well that this one game isn't the be all and end all for the franchise.

If there is pressure, it will be on Seattle to win it in front of their own fans.

Red CB Toronto
10-30-2019, 11:27 PM
There is only thing left to do this season ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

pfk
10-30-2019, 11:42 PM
I wonder if MLSE will open up BMO or Scotiabank for a viewing party on the 10th?

The Leafs play on the 9th and are away in Chicago the next day. The Raptors play in LA on the 10th. Inside it will be nicer and closer to the screens.

Brooker
10-30-2019, 11:51 PM
You couldn't write this east/west playoff if you tried. Unbelievable.

I can't believe it. What a trip.

Red CB Toronto
10-30-2019, 11:59 PM
https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY3OTg4NDA4OTE5MDA4NjQw/toronto-fc-atlanta-united-mls-cup.jpg

spe18
10-31-2019, 12:28 AM
Wonder why Saturday night didnt make sense?

College football :)

James17930
10-31-2019, 02:35 AM
So the wife won't let us spend $3000 to fly the family there for the game.

Time for a divorce?

pekduck
10-31-2019, 02:52 AM

Time for a divorce?

She said “the family at $3000 for some rubbish” is a bad deal. You will be a good husband and agree with her and inform her that you have a noon business meeting that you have to attend for important matters.

No?

rocktml
10-31-2019, 05:59 AM
How many reds are Expected at the game? I know Seattle had a very decent turnout when they came here in 2017 and 16 for that matter

Richard
10-31-2019, 06:13 AM
I think what we are seeing is all the champions league experience from the main core. How many times did we go down to Mexico, and endure wave, after wave, after wave of attacks. We bent but did not break, and stole the game when we needed to.

Bluenose13
10-31-2019, 07:11 AM

Time for a divorce?Yep...grounds for divorce for sure.

Parkdale
10-31-2019, 08:07 AM
If there is pressure, it will be on Seattle to win it in front of their own fans.

absolutely. Luckily TFC have been filling the role as "hometown party poopers" quite well recently.

Prof
10-31-2019, 08:12 AM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1856/3581/products/image_98d1d2b5-bdff-46fc-a619-6b1e141818fe_110x110@2x.jpg?v=1572491605

Hamilton_Red
10-31-2019, 08:28 AM

This is true. The dismal nature of their one win & the fact they were outplayed badly in both finals will be something they will want to change. Rui Diaz is the danger man - he’s playing like Giovinco through these playoffs and is the big difference in their team

pfk
10-31-2019, 08:55 AM
How many reds are Expected at the game? I know Seattle had a very decent turnout when they came here in 2017 and 16 for that matter

CenturyLink expands up to 68k for special soccer events. I'd say a couple of thousand, maybe.

MLS controlled the ticketing for the 2016/2017 MLS Cups, and I'd imagine it may be the same.

Tickets are on sale at 1pm on Friday.

FootBallAZ
10-31-2019, 09:24 AM
I've used this with the raps during their run, proud to do the same for tfc.

Let's get it, don't stop

FootBallAZ
10-31-2019, 09:25 AM
Any one driving down lol

What section are supporters

Prof
10-31-2019, 09:32 AM
Westberg
Delgado-Bradley-Osorio
Pozuelo-Altidore-Benezet

Laryea and DeLeon as supersubs

Drew Moor as a 90th minute sub ala Cheyrou in 2017

TFC lifts trophy

I like this but I think with the large field at Century Link and there quickness up front, we have to be a little more conservative. I'd go with:
Westberg
Bradley
Deleon-Delgado-Pozuelo-Benezet
Altidore

Sub- Laryea-Osorio and Moor to lift the trophy.

James17930
10-31-2019, 09:50 AM
She said “the family at $3000 for some rubbish” is a bad deal. You will be a good husband and agree with her and inform her that you have a noon business meeting that you have to attend for important matters.

No?

Yep.

"Okay honey, I have a meeting at noon. I'll be back in three days."

Heepster
10-31-2019, 09:54 AM
I wonder if MLSE will open up BMO or Scotiabank for a viewing party on the 10th?
The Leafs play on the 9th and are away in Chicago the next day. The Raptors play in LA on the 10th. Inside it will be nicer and closer to the screens.I think Maple Leaf Square would be more likely, bit I suppose we'll find out soon.

Ultra & Proud
10-31-2019, 10:12 AM
I'd run out the same line up and same sub pattern with hopefully the third one being Jozy instead of Mullins or (hopefully) Omar to hold the fort late.

Don't mess with what's working.

ryan
10-31-2019, 10:28 AM

Patriots win the Super Bowl, as the road team.
Blues beat the Bruins 3/4 times away, including Game 7 in Boston to win the Cup.
Raptors beat the Warriors 3/3 times away, including Game 6 in Golden State to win the Larry OB.
Nationals win the WS in 7 games, all road victories.
Both MLS Conf Finals, road wins.

I mean, that's kind of cool....

ManUtd4ever
10-31-2019, 10:43 AM
I'd run out the same line up and same sub pattern with hopefully the third one being Jozy instead of Mullins or (hopefully) Omar to hold the fort late.

Don't mess with what's working.

It wasn't working very well last night though. We were incredibly fortunate to advance. We capitalized on the only 2 chances we generated.

With another week and a half to recuperate, I would definitely start Gonzalez. With Jozy, we'll have to wait and see where he's at.

GerMc
10-31-2019, 11:13 AM
It wasn't working very well last night though. We were incredibly fortunate to advance. We capitalized on the only 2 chances we generated.

With another week and a half to recuperate, I would definitely start Gonzalez. With Jozy, we'll have to wait and see where he's at.

I would agree with this analysis.

I think you start Gonzalez. To be fair, Ciman has impressed me over the last few games. For the most part, gone seems the out to lunch sprawling tackles (though he did one just before the penalty last night). But he has been a stay at home, more conservative defender for the most part, and that pass to Benezet was wonderful. But I would take the stability of Gonzalez, which also should allow Bradley to roam upfield a bit more, and even Mavinga as well.

With respect to Altidore, I bet he is 50/50 even with another week and a bit. But if he can go, I think you start him. I liked the Mullins sub last night, because it allowed Pozuelo to drop back and try to influence the play more. Pozuelo is great in many ways, but he is not strong on the ball, can't do hold up play and if he holds on too long, he often gets pushed off by a defender. So with Altidore's strength up front, you have a Route 1 channel, and Pozuelo can drop back into what is a more natural (and effective) position for him.

I might also start Laryea. I think it has worked very well to have Auro do the first half and then Laryea come in later, but it takes up a substitution. When Mavinga went down with what looked like an arm injury last night, I got a little scared as we had used up all our subs. I think we need to take it to Seattle and get an early goal, so having Laryea running down the wing earlier in the game, sounds like the right approach.

Now it is obvious that my years of armchair coaching far outweigh the skill and experience of the TFC coaching team, so they should obviously just do as I say :-)

OgtheDim
10-31-2019, 11:19 AM
This is true. The dismal nature of their one win & the fact they were outplayed badly in both finals will be something they will want to change. ..

To be honest, they don't think like that about their win and 2017 at all. They know how they won & why they lost. They are cool with it.

To both them and us, this is all just part of the journey.

Which raises another point.

Our team defined itself by that 2017 win...and then redefined itself in 2018, negatively, by the pain of the CCL near miss.

I think our team has finally put that past them and redefined itself as

fkn team fkn works

No matter what happens in this game, TFC are here again - a fkn team that fkn works

Oldtimer
10-31-2019, 11:41 AM
Agreed with ManUtd4ever and GerMc.

One thing to keep in mind that was evident in the Atlanta game is that when the opposition can cut off channels to Pozuelo is when he seems poor up front.

That's different from the DC United and NYCE games where Pozuelo was able to play a key role because there were channels to get him the ball.

I expect the Seattle game to be more like the Atlanta game, so having a tall target man like Jozy up front would be a positive because Pozuelo can't do the hold up role. I'd play Jozy, if fit, which means Pozuelo plays out wide or Vanney switches from 4-3-3.

Red CB Toronto
10-31-2019, 01:33 PM

One thing to keep in mind that was evident in the Atlanta game is that when the opposition can cut off channels to Pozuelo is when he seems poor up front.

That's different from the DC United and NYCE games where Pozuelo was able to play a key role because there were channels to get him the ball.

I expect the Seattle game to be more like the Atlanta game, so having a tall target man like Jozy up front would be a positive because Pozuelo can't do the hold up role. I'd play Jozy, if fit, which means Pozuelo plays out wide or Vanney switches from 4-3-3.

Having Jozy beasting his way around the box will open things up for Pozuelo just it did for Seba. Gives them more space to operate and do their thing. The uncertainty of Jozy playing or not will be a the forefront of the 10 days. Will be interesting to see how the Reds play it, guess it will come down to what they know from the scan he had earlier this week.

ochos
10-31-2019, 02:40 PM
First 10 minutes were horrendous for Ciman last night... up until Westberg made the PK save it looked as though it was going to be a very dour evening for us at the stadium. From our view you could see in super detail how different the ball bounces on that pitch, and how well trained the Atlanta players are tuned to it. They were pouncing on our defence like vultures. Thankfully the boys adjusted and were able to stem the flow after that. We also stopped making suicide lateral passes in the back. A nerve racking one and very fortunate to come out with the W!

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 03:49 PM
I cant fucking believe it. what a run. what a team. westberg needs a statue

love it!

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 03:50 PM

The Leafs play on the 9th and are away in Chicago the next day. The Raptors play in LA on the 10th. Inside it will be nicer and closer to the screens.

Shoeless Joes will be fantastic. It was fabulous last night.

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 03:52 PM
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1856/3581/products/image_98d1d2b5-bdff-46fc-a619-6b1e141818fe_110x110@2x.jpg?v=1572491605

Looks interesting but its unreadable. Any way you can enlarge?

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 03:53 PM
CenturyLink expands up to 68k for special soccer events. I'd say a couple of thousand, maybe.

MLS controlled the ticketing for the 2016/2017 MLS Cups, and I'd imagine it may be the same.

Tickets are on sale at 1pm on Friday.

How do you know this? My ticket rep said they do not know yet, and seattle is already selling tickets.

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 03:56 PM

Yes, that makes sense. But someone else dropped Oso. i don't see that, at all. Maybe Benezet if Jozy plays.

pfk
10-31-2019, 03:57 PM
How do you know this? My ticket rep said they do not know yet, and seattle is already selling tickets.

I was repeating what was posted in the 'MLS Cup Tickets...' thread. It's from the Sounders webpage, so it may be their general sale.

Globetrotter
10-31-2019, 03:58 PM
For anyone close to the Buffalo airport, you can use FlyFrontier (which is Denver based). Flights are about $115 USD Buffalo to Seattle one way.

I just used them to fly to Portland. It's a low cost airline that does the trick.

pfk
10-31-2019, 03:58 PM

Here's a link via the TFC subreddit - https://i.redd.it/fzcm99ii8wv31.jpg

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 03:59 PM

If Jozy plays, its tailor made for 3-5-2 ie 3-5-1-1 Likely Ciman Omar Mavinga auro delgado bradley oso morrow poz jozy. Might even work to do that with Mullins up front and have benezet endoh deleon and laryea off the bench for scoring

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 04:01 PM
I was repeating what was posted in the 'MLS Cup Tickets...' thread. It's from the Sounders webpage, so it may be their general sale.

Ah! OK, thanks.

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 04:02 PM

THX again!

69Chevy396
10-31-2019, 05:04 PM
First 10 minutes were horrendous for Ciman last night... up until Westberg made the PK save it looked as though it was going to be a very dour evening for us at the stadium. From our view you could see in super detail how different the ball bounces on that pitch, and how well trained the Atlanta players are tuned to it. They were pouncing on our defence like vultures. Thankfully the boys adjusted and were able to stem the flow after that. We also stopped making suicide lateral passes in the back. A nerve racking one and very fortunate to come out with the W!
Despite his boneheaded moments, Ciman has stepped up and was better than any of the Atlanta defenders. His pass for our first goal, was sublime.

Prof
10-31-2019, 05:04 PM

Try this. https://tfcontheroad.ca/collections/2019-tfc-on-the-road-trips/products/2019-toronto-fc-mls-cup-finals

marquis
10-31-2019, 07:22 PM

Tickets to the game not included?

Defoe
10-31-2019, 07:29 PM
Try this. https://tfcontheroad.ca/collections/2019-tfc-on-the-road-trips/products/2019-toronto-fc-mls-cup-finals

The only change I'd make would be Gonzalez for Ciman. I'd also like to start Altidore, but that's on Vanney to know if he can make it through at least 60 minutes or not. If not Bring on Altidore in the 55th minute or earlier if we are down or tied. Bring Lareya and Deleon shortly after. But if Altidore is good to go, any chance we go back to a 4-4-2? I mean we won a championship with the 4-4-2... just saying.

------Benezet-Altidore
Osorio-Pozuelo-Bradley
----------Delgado
Morrow-Mavinga-Gonzalez-Auro

ochos
10-31-2019, 07:36 PM
Despite his boneheaded moments, Ciman has stepped up and was better than any of the Atlanta defenders. His pass for our first goal, was sublime.

100%, he had a stellar game after that! But we were gnawing our fingernails off nonetheless! Like most I'd still go with Gonzalez if he's fit as he's been playing amazing of late

MightyDM
10-31-2019, 08:27 PM

I agree with you. He and Bradley were out of sync on the high line - Bradley on the first goal, Ciman on the (never a) pk; but otherwise he was vastly better than early on in the season. Almost a different player.

YYZ_Fan
11-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Tickets not included. I messaged them directly.

pfk
11-01-2019, 08:28 AM

That would appear to be the case. It's sort of key to the whole travel to Seattle thing. haha. It looks like YYZ_Fan did some digging and confirmed tickets are not included.

Joe Kool
11-01-2019, 08:41 AM

His passing is good but those boneheaded moments are in every game. He just didn’t get burned with them in the last couple and got lucky. I would rather have Gonzalez as a lower risk option plus we get much better aerial presence. Ciman should always be backup to a fit Gonzalez in my opinion. Only takes the one boneheaded moment to burn us in a tight game. Yeah Bradley I am looking at you too. Bradley is good for one poor turnover per game. Hope he gets it out of the way early this time. This will be a win ugly match. I can’t see it getting too open.

YYZ_Fan
11-01-2019, 09:34 AM
That would appear to be the case. It's sort of key to the whole travel to Seattle thing. haha. It looks like YYZ_Fan did some digging and confirmed tickets are not included.

Correct.
Here is the flight itinerary with Lorena @ Wandertravel/TFC on the road shared. It includes 2 nights hotel. It does not include tickets to the game.

$ 1260 cad (airfare, hotel and tax)

09 NOV 19 - SATURDAY
AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:4901 ECONOMY
OPERATED BY PIEDMONT AIRLINES AS AMERICAN EAGLE
LV TORONTO ON 330P EQP: EMBRAER 145 JET
DEPART: TERMINAL 3 01HR 45MIN
AR PHILADELPHIA 515P NON-STOP
ARRIVE: TERMINAL F REF: MKGKDK
AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:436 ECONOMY FOOD FOR PURCHASE
LV PHILADELPHIA 620P EQP: AIRBUS A321
06HR 17MIN
AR SEATTLE TACOMA 937P NON-STOP
REF: MKGKDK

11 NOV 19 - MONDAY
AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:1317 ECONOMY FOOD FOR PURCHASE
LV SEATTLE TACOMA 1022A EQP: BOEING 737-800
04HR 12MIN
AR CHICAGO OHARE 434P NON-STOP
ARRIVE: TERMINAL 3 REF: MKGKDK
AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:2277 ECONOMY
LV CHICAGO OHARE 638P EQP: AIRBUS A319
DEPART: TERMINAL 3 01HR 39MIN
AR TORONTO ON 917P NON-STOP
ARRIVE: TERMINAL 3 REF: MKGKDK

wynne
11-01-2019, 10:26 AM
I also looked into that package and asked about the ticket aswell because I thought it was weird I didn’t see anything about the ticket being included, and I was told tickets weren’t included in the price because they weren’t available yet. But I was also told to reach out to my rep if I was a season ticket holder, so maybe there’s some sort of block given to Toronto FC

wynne
11-01-2019, 11:08 AM
I also looked into that package and asked about the ticket aswell because I thought it was weird I didn’t see anything about the ticket being included, and I was told tickets weren’t included in the price because they weren’t available yet. But I was also told to reach out to my rep if I was a season ticket holder, so maybe there’s some sort of block given to Toronto FC
https://twitter.com/torontofc_stm/status/1190291970490617857?s=21

and sure enough..

Oldtimer
11-01-2019, 11:59 AM
They've given a presale to TFC SSH for the away section. Phone entry only, tickets non-transferable, anyone wearing Seattle colours will be kicked out. I presume this will be followed by the general public.

matteo30
11-01-2019, 02:01 PM
Have fun everyone that's going. Hope we get more then 1500 but know it's more then likely capped.It will be very upsetting if the refs intervene and ruin a great final like they almost did the ECF, Losing 3 out of the 4 finals isn't something I wouldn't want as a fan... We got this far we might as well finish the job. I expect another match like the first two was impressed by Seattle attacking against LAFC they were able to clog the midfield. The problem is if it's called like the ECF and we can't battle for the ball without somebody going down like there is a sniper in the stands and then massive booing how as a team do you cope with that. Having already won in that capacity and having played in Mexico it won't faze our guys we need to keep diving in to a minimum as they will play for free kicks penalties and for players to be sent off. My question to you all is one who would you cope if we lose the finals again for the 3 out of 4 time, and two how would you defend a soft team that you know is playing for fouls in all areas of the pitch. I would think playing on the front foot and bringing the game to the Sounders but this is a road game tactically what can you do?

pfk
11-01-2019, 02:05 PM
Have fun everyone that's going. Hope we get more then 1500 but know it's more then likely capped.It will be very upsetting if the refs intervene and ruin a great final like they almost did the ECF, Losing 3 out of the 4 finals isn't something I wouldn't want as a fan... We got this far we might as well finish the job. I expect another match like the first two was impressed by Seattle attacking against LAFC they were able to clog the midfield. The problem is if it's called like the ECF and we can't battle for the ball without somebody going down like there is a sniper in the stands and then massive booing how as a team do you cope with that. Having already won in that capacity and having played in Mexico it won't faze our guys we need to keep diving in to a minimum as they will play for free kicks penalties and for players to be sent off. My question to you all is one who would you cope if we lose the finals again for the 3 out of 4 time, and two how would you defend a soft team that you know is playing for fouls in all areas of the pitch. I would think playing on the front foot and bringing the game to the Sounders but this is a road game tactically what can you do?

We only lost one final, on penalties.

michaeltfc91
11-01-2019, 02:15 PM
We only lost one final, on penalties.

He is probably taking into account Champions League..

2016 - Lost MLS Cup on Penalties
2017 - Won MLS Cup
2018 - Lost Champions League on Penalties
2019 - ?

pfk
11-01-2019, 03:13 PM

2017 - Won MLS Cup
2019 - ?

Ah yes, you are correct. I was thinking he/she was talking about the MLS Cup only.

noxx98
11-01-2019, 04:39 PM

2017 - Won MLS Cup
2019 - ?
Also lost Voyageurs cup on penalties in 2019 if we want to throw that in there.

matteo30
11-01-2019, 05:50 PM
Also lost Voyageurs cup on penalties in 2019 if we want to throw that in there.

Yeah trying to forget the Delgado miss though....:facepalm:

OgtheDim
11-01-2019, 06:59 PM
Soooooooooo....about the game itself.

Loderio & Ruidiaz are legitimately good. But I think their defence can be had.

Auzzy
11-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Yeah trying to forget the Delgado miss though....:facepalm:

Imagine if Delgado were to score the game-winning goal in this cup final -- that would finally make us forget the CCL miss!

(But I never focussed too much on that miss anyway; there were lots of other wasted opportunities over the two games. Starting off sluggish & losing 2-1 in Toronto really didn't help.)

Hamilton_Red
11-02-2019, 01:35 AM
You can fly from Hamiton to Abbotsford on Swoop - it’s an easty drive to Seattle from there.

hulkrogan
11-02-2019, 11:00 AM
What's the word on Jozy and Omar? I'm guessing an Omar start is possible, Jozy available from the bench at best?

MightyDM
11-02-2019, 12:58 PM
What's the word on Jozy and Omar? I'm guessing an Omar start is possible, Jozy available from the bench at best?

We wont know until the end of the week i am sure.

OgtheDim
11-02-2019, 03:20 PM
If things go like they have before

Monday - in Toronto training & media availability

Tuesday - Travel (Charter)

Wed - Training

Thursday - Media Day

Friday - Training

Red CB Toronto
11-02-2019, 04:44 PM
One win away from hosting the 2020 Campeones Cup ... ( :

Red CB Toronto
11-02-2019, 04:46 PM
The full schedule for the week will be posted here at some point. Saturday will be a training session for each team at the stadium. Was down at BMO for the day before in both 2016 and 2017.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources

If things go like they have before

Monday - in Toronto training & media availability

Tuesday - Travel (Charter)

Wed - Training

Thursday - Media Day

Friday - Training

OgtheDim
11-02-2019, 05:06 PM
22 minutes of Greg Vanney posted this afternoon

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/11/02/training-sound-greg-vanney-november-2-2019?autoplay=true

Oldtimer
11-02-2019, 05:51 PM
One win away from hosting the 2020 Campeones Cup ... ( :

LOL, if won, put the Cameones Cup in the basement storage locker, along with the Trillium Cup.

Red CB Toronto
11-02-2019, 06:08 PM
LOL, if won, put the Cameones Cup in the basement storage locker, along with the Trillium Cup.

Thing is the Campeones Cup is an official cup match where the Trillium Cup is some made up BS.

We will also have the Leagues Cup coming up in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Leagues_Cup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Leagues_Cup)

Redpunkfiddle
11-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Thing is the Campeones Cup is an official cup match where the Trillium Cup is some made up BS.

We will also have the Leagues Cup coming up in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Leagues_Cup (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Leagues_Cup)

They are all official AND made up BS.

Red CB Toronto
11-02-2019, 06:55 PM
They are all official AND made up BS.

Trillium Cup is made up marketing thing, the other two are sanctioned matches by both MLS, MX and CONCACAF, that count in the alltime official stats.

FootBallAZ
11-02-2019, 07:17 PM
The full schedule for the week will be posted here at some point. Saturday will be a training session for each team at the stadium. Was down at BMO for the day before in both 2016 and 2017.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources

confirmed they fly out Thursday, option was wed or Thursday.

flatpicker
11-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Trillium Cup is made up marketing thing, the other two are sanctioned matches by both MLS, MX and CONCACAF, that count in the alltime official stats.

I suppose Campeones Cup is worthwhile for bragging rights. But I don't really pay much attention. I had actually forgotten that Toronto hosted the inaugural edition, losing to Tigres in 2018.
The Leagues Cup seems really pointless. I mean, isn't it basically Champions League but ignoring the other countries? Seems silly.

OgtheDim
11-03-2019, 07:14 AM
I suppose Campeones Cup is worthwhile for bragging rights. But I don't really pay much attention. I had actually forgotten that Toronto hosted the inaugural edition, losing to Tigres in 2018.
The Leagues Cup seems really pointless. I mean, isn't it basically Champions League but ignoring the other countries? Seems silly.

There is serious coin in Leagues Cup. And the Liga Mx squads have been decent quality.

I'm looking at it like Europe League.

pfk
11-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Yes, it's a little early to predict the weather for Sunday (and weather predictions are iffy this far out), but just for people's interest if watching the MLS CUP outside in Toronto or if you are lucky to go to the game:

Toronto: Cloudy with 60 percent chance of rain showers or flurries. High plus 4C.
Seattle: 70% chance of precipitation (around 20mm of rain). High of 12C

Initial B
11-04-2019, 01:50 PM
There is serious coin in Leagues Cup. And the Liga Mx squads have been decent quality.

I'm looking at it like Europe League.
Same. I'm thinking in terms of prestige, it will be CCL > Leagues Cup > Concacaf League.

And it's interesting that it's possible the MLS Cup winner will not be playing in the CCL next year. That should generate some discussion on MLS message boards...

rydermike
11-04-2019, 02:42 PM
Jozy Altidore says it will take a miracle to play MLS Cup finalhttps://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jozy-altidore-says-will-take-miracle-play-mls-cup-final/

notthesun
11-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Jozy Altidore says it will take a miracle to play MLS Cup final

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jozy-altidore-says-will-take-miracle-play-mls-cup-final/

Now it's up for everyone to decide if this is legit or if it's a smokescreen.

Personally I feel like management knew his injury was going to be long-term after it happened, but has been playing coy since. I'll be shocked if he's in the 18.

pfk
11-04-2019, 03:55 PM
^Hopefully it's a smokescreen and Jozy plays and scores twice on Frei. A natural progression of goals in the Finals. 0 goals-2016, 1 goal-2017, 2 goals-2019.

Ultra & Proud
11-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Now it's up for everyone to decide if this is legit or if it's a smokescreen.

Personally I feel like management knew his injury was going to be long-term after it happened, but has been playing coy since. I'll be shocked if he's in the 18.

I figured he was out for the whole playoffs when it happened, especially with everyone playing coy but this comment is odd. This makes me wonder if he is actually okay for some minutes.

Red4ever
11-04-2019, 04:31 PM
^Hopefully it's a smokescreen and Jozy plays and scores twice on Frei. A natural progression of goals in the Finals. 0 goals-2016, 1 goal-2017, 2 goals-2019.

This is a ridiculous statement; and illogical.

We skipped a year in the final, so he'll score 3.

pfk
11-04-2019, 05:17 PM
This is a ridiculous statement; and illogical.

We skipped a year in the final, so he'll score 3.

I didn't want to be too greedy. I hope you are more correct than I am!

OgtheDim
11-04-2019, 05:47 PM
Officials Crew - seen worse

REF: Allen Chapman
AR1: Brian Dunn
AR2: Corey Rockwell
4TH: Rubiel Vazquez
VAR: Edvin Jurisevic
AVAR: Cameron Blanchard
RAR: Brian Poeschel

Captain
11-04-2019, 11:25 PM
Jozy Altidore says it will take a miracle to play MLS Cup final

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/jozy-altidore-says-will-take-miracle-play-mls-cup-final/

This headline is taken out of context. Also, Vanney implied there's still a chance he could play. I think they're just messing with Seattles game plan.

Blindside16
11-05-2019, 01:06 AM
This headline is taken out of context. Also, Vanney implied there's still a chance he could play. I think they're just messing with Seattles game plan.

I agree. I feel he will play in some way. I cannot see Jozy or the team tipping their hand this early before a final. I smelled head games as soon as I read the headline. He will be in the 18 but I will be shocked if he starts

ensco
11-05-2019, 06:10 AM
Officials Crew - seen worse

REF: Allen Chapman
AR1: Brian Dunn
AR2: Corey Rockwell
4TH: Rubiel Vazquez
VAR: Edvin Jurisevic
AVAR: Cameron Blanchard
RAR: Brian Poeschel

As I recall, we thought he handled the 2017 Cup game pretty well.

ensco
11-05-2019, 06:39 AM
I agree. I feel he will play in some way. I cannot see Jozy or the team tipping their hand this early before a final. I smelled head games as soon as I read the headline. He will be in the 18 but I will be shocked if he starts

He will be in the 18 if he can look OK in warmup, even if he cannot play. The threat that he might come on would influence the Sounders sub choices.

ManUtd4ever
11-05-2019, 12:05 PM
It's going to be an uphill battle without a healthy Jozy.

Instead of playing Poz out of position, I would prefer starting Mullins as a target man. He has looked good when called upon.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Instead of playing Poz out of position, I would prefer starting Mullins as a target man. He has looked good when called upon.

Is Mullins enough of a threat to keep Seattle honest at the back though? I have no problem with him coming on later in games, but a start in the MLS Cup final seems like too much of an ask for him.

Auzzy
11-05-2019, 01:27 PM

A couple of times in the season, especially when Mullins came in late, I liked him. Brought lots of energy on offence + the high press on D; got some good shots on goals.

In the game vs. Atlanta I thought he looked really weak though. Within minutes of coming on, he was doing a slow jog when pressing, while his teammates were working their tails off for much longer.

denime
11-05-2019, 01:53 PM

How they say,Never change a wining team,right?
We managed to win last 3 games with this 11, I would start them again,it's worked very well for us until now, no need to change it,definitely not up front. If you want Richie for Endoh or Auro, Ciman for Gonzales fine,but middle and attack should stay as it is.

matteo30
11-05-2019, 02:39 PM
How they say,Never change a wining team,right?
We managed to win last 3 games with this 11, I would start them again,it's worked very well for us until now, no need to change it,definitely not up front. If you want Richie for Endoh or Auro, Ciman for Gonzales fine,but middle and attack should stay as it is.
Endoh or Auro, Ciman for Gonzales fine,but middle and attack should stay as it is.[/QUOTE]

I was shocked our Defence managed to hold out against NYC and Atlanta in front of 60,000 fans in an MLS cup finals it will be very difficult. The conditions in 2016 made it very difficult to play through the midfield and pass which suited Seattle fine. Having dealt with a lot of faking in the last round I expect more of the same its difficult to play against teams that roll around a lot It's soccer. How do you defend a team that fakes that much you lose your physical edge going into tackles and 50 50 balls. I don't see our previous strategy holding up. We need to play on the front foot How do we attack the Sounders? what formation do we use? obviously it's not impossible but in the last 2 finals, it took a long long time to get that first goal, and that was after dominating for such a long time. What makes them so effective Also it would be nice as a community to post some supportive things to our guys on Instagram Delgado has only a little over 3,000 followers maybe a kind message like You got this Marky or your scoring the winner I don't know. I hope our guys have adjusted there clocks and are going through there game day routines, if there not practicing does anyone know if they are in Seattle yet or are they leaving Wed or Thursday? We need to adjust and get the 1st goal I was really happy we scored 2 goals from open play last round, It always hard to guess but I would say that the chances of us getting free kicks and a penalty at home are really slim. So expect a lot of hacking. Jozy is a game changer with his ability to hold up play and create space for others If he starts or plays it changes the dynamic...

Oldtimer
11-05-2019, 03:44 PM
Gonzales will play over Ciman, for sure.

Graeme
11-05-2019, 04:11 PM

I also think that Vanney will have some kind of surprise lined up, but what that is, I have no idea. The surprise could even be "no surprise--same line-up."

DinamoTFC
11-05-2019, 06:53 PM

I also think that Vanney will have some kind of surprise lined up, but what that is, I have no idea. The surprise could even be "no surprise--same line-up."

IMO I think the surprise could be a 3-5-2 keeping both Gonzalez and Ciman on. And giving our wide players extra protection against Seattle's wingers who like to overload their sides.

OgtheDim
11-05-2019, 08:23 PM
The MLS website is painful this week.

Maybe its because when we hosted I was thinking about getting there etc. etc. so have more time this go around. But gosh the clickbait comparisons are annoying. Everybody is great, everything needs to be analysed, everything needs to be praised. Its been less then a week since we beat Atlanta & I just want the hype to be over with.

MightyDM
11-05-2019, 09:51 PM
IMO I think the surprise could be a 3-5-2 keeping both Gonzalez and Ciman on. And giving our wide players extra protection against Seattle's wingers who like to overload their sides.

Could be. I like the surprise idea too. But the key is Lodero. That is who is in Vanneys mind because he is the only Seattle player he mentioned. How to you control him? Midfield dominance. Which speaks to a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 variant, not a 4-3-3 unless it is effectively a 4-5-1. Which could speak to Deleon starting in a 4-3-3 over Benezet

Joe Kool
11-05-2019, 11:56 PM
The MLS website is painful this week..

I had to stop looking at it. I don’t think I can take those guys anymore. They have been a joke this whole post season. Nice thing is though none of them see us winning and look how that has worked out for them and their predictions.

Blindside16
11-06-2019, 03:18 AM
I had to stop looking at it. I don’t think I can take those guys anymore. They have been a joke this whole post season. Nice thing is though none of them see us winning and look how that has worked out for them and their predictions.

They are all practically tripping over themselves to give Seattle the title. That is fine, I relish the underdog role. They keep bringing up the fact that it sold out in 10 minutes. It is a final why is this shocking news? In 2016 the final sold out in 3 minutes and in 2017 in 5.

I said it prior to last game and I will say it again, all the pressure is on the home team. A first ever cup final at home against a team who's number 1 striker in all likelihood won't play. Couple that with their undefeated playoff streak at home and it is not hard to see why they are the favourites. That is fine, I believe in this team. Lets make Bradley a DP for another year.

Initial B
11-06-2019, 07:11 AM
They are all practically tripping over themselves to give Seattle the title. That is fine, I relish the underdog role. They keep bringing up the fact that it sold out in 10 minutes. It is a final why is this shocking news? In 2016 the final sold out in 3 minutes and in 2017 in 5.
Well, they do have almost double the number of seats in their stadium, so it is pretty impressive. As for the MLS pundits all choosing Seattle, I think they're running an experiment since everything has run contrary to their predictions. I remember that Weibe said after everyone picked Seattle, "So congratulations to Toronto for winning the 2019 MLS Cup." This could be in line with that.

ensco
11-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Any objective analysis has to have Seattle as a favourite. They are at home. They looked incredible in that LAFC game, we looked lucky in ours. Probably there is no Jozy, our historical difference maker.

But so what? Sounds a lot like how anybody would have talked about us before the 2016 game.

What I think is, they looked beatable in their two previous games vs Dallas and RSL. We have looked vulnerable at times too. It's a 50/50 crap shoot. I hate to say it, but I expect PKs.

Mike_S
11-06-2019, 10:31 AM
^^ Agreed. And to give the MLS website guys some credit, no one is saying it will be a cake walk for Seattle, and a popular opinion among them is Toronto has the horses off the bench to win it if it is tied after 60-70 minutes and will not be intimidated at that point, which is fair.

pfk
11-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Any objective analysis has to have Seattle as a favourite. They are at home. They looked incredible in that LAFC game, we looked lucky in ours. Probably there is no Jozy, our historical difference maker.

But so what? Sounds a lot like how anybody would have talked about us before the 2016 game.

What I think is, they looked beatable in their two previous games vs Dallas and RSL. We have looked vulnerable at times too. It's a 50/50 crap shoot. I hate to say it, but I expect PKs.

This is what it feels like to be the underdog, and I definitely feel less nervous than in 2016 and 2017.

This one will be anyone's game. I think it will be a messy affair with potential rain on FieldTurf. It's going to be a wild ride. I just hope it doesn't go to PKs.

69Chevy396
11-06-2019, 09:49 PM
I am still in a state of shock, that TFC made it this far, with the lineup we have. The 2016-17 teams would beat this squad 9 out 10 times, but having said this, Atlanta should have beaten us too. But, they didn’t, and I think this is another one of those underdog stories like last years Stanley Cup champions. The team simply plays harder and smarter, and full credit must go to Vanney for this, who, if we win, should be manager of the year.
Seattle will be tougher than Atlanta. From what I have seen during their playoff run, they are no fluke. Their team is loaded with talent, having two of the top offensive players in the league, and arguably the top keeper. They are playing at home, on turf.
We should lose by 2 or 3 goals.
My prediction.....TFC 2. Seattle 0

rydermike
11-07-2019, 11:10 AM
We should lose by 2 or 3 goals.
My prediction.....TFC 2. Seattle 0

I love this. The sudden change. Made me laugh at my desk

Canuckistan
11-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Chipping our backline still makes me nervous. If Atlanta kept doing that, we would have lost. Ciman has played well these playoffs and I hope there is no rust with Gonzalez. I really like Gallardo's speed but not sure if he has fallen out of favour with the team dynamics, but maybe he will be used as a surprise because he is fast and would be unexpected. I don't think we see Jozy, but it could be gamesmanship. I have no idea what to expect. That stadium was built like an orchestra cathedral and it will be loud as hell. Should be a doozy. Maybe Seattle finally gets that shot on goal they have coveted for 2 years...lol

Joe Kool
11-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Chipping our backline still makes me nervous. If Atlanta kept doing that, we would have lost. Ciman has played well these playoffs and I hope there is no rust with Gonzalez.

I don't agree necessarily. They would have kept chipping it over the line if they could have because that is one of Atlanta's preferred ways of attack. Toronto made adjustments after being caught badly on the first couple chips so it doesn't come down to Atlanta no longer doing it in my opinion but more that TFC adjusted to negate it and force Atlanta to change their attack. With regards to Ciman, I would take a slightly rusty better defender in Gonzalez over an unnecessary risk taker like Ciman any day. Sure he may have done well enough for most of the time but the unnecessary slide tackles in and around the box every game doesn't sit well with me for this game. The difference will likely come down to one goal in this game and you don't want it to be from one of these stupid moves that he loves to do.

OgtheDim
11-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Well Jozy & Omar have left on the plane.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1192522518286012416

Red CB Toronto
11-07-2019, 03:18 PM

That is great to see, it will really ramp up the speculation on if he plays or not.

Oldtimer
11-07-2019, 03:26 PM
That is great to see, it will really ramp up the speculation on if he plays or not.

Nobody plays the mind games better than Vanney. If I'm Seattle I have no idea what to expect. Formation, players, who knows?

Captain
11-07-2019, 03:45 PM

Every single player currently on the roaster made the trip regardless of status. They want everyone there to celebrate!

OgtheDim
11-07-2019, 03:59 PM
Every single player currently on the roaster made the trip regardless of status. They want everyone there to celebrate!

Now you let the cat out of the bag - there are rave green lurkers on here desperate to alert their team to anything....even if their team has already figured it out.

ensco
11-07-2019, 05:02 PM
Looks like the field will be dry, which is actually pretty lucky/surprising

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-approaching-record-dry-spell-for-start-of-november-meteorologist-says-1.4673648

Games on that field are the ice capades, in the rain.

stevep
11-07-2019, 05:02 PM
As of today pinnacle sports has Seattle 1.96
Translated oddsmakers have TFC having a 50/50 chance of winning the game or tying the game after 90 minutes.
Very similar odds to the nycfc and Atlanta games.

TFC TFC TFC

GerMc
11-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Altidore injury update...hoping it is more headgames, but doesn't really sound like it...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toronto-fcs-altidore-offers-bleak-injury-update-ahead-mls-cup-final/

Oldtimer
11-08-2019, 09:27 AM
As of today pinnacle sports has Seattle 1.96
Translated oddsmakers have TFC having a 50/50 chance of winning the game or tying the game after 90 minutes.
Very similar odds to the nycfc and Atlanta games.

TFC TFC TFC

Interesting, because 100% of the analysts on the MLS website give it to Seattle.

FootBallAZ
11-08-2019, 10:56 AM
On the plane in buffalo ready to go.
Land at 4pm Seattle time
Any one hanging out tonight or tomorrow ? Would love to be with the supporters.

Lets get it, don't stop.

Ultra & Proud
11-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Interesting, because 100% of the analysts on the MLS website give it to Seattle.
Espnfc panel is 80% Seattle with only Shaka taking TFC.

Mariner & Gomez were against TFC every round so far so it's not a surprise.

flambe
11-08-2019, 12:27 PM
https://twitter.com/jozyaltidore/status/1192838041339154439?s=21

Head games, or has a miracle occurred?

Oldtimer
11-08-2019, 12:39 PM

or both...

Scotty74
11-08-2019, 01:43 PM

It keeps the Sounders guessing(and TFC fans I guess ha ha) if nothing else

DinamoTFC
11-08-2019, 03:52 PM
My guess for Sunday's match

--------------------Poz---------------
-----------Benezet-----------
Morrow---Oso-------Delgado-----Auro
--------------Bradley-----------------
---Mavinga---Gonzalez---Ciman------
-------------Westberg---------------

Substitutes: Jozy for Benezet, Laryea for Auro, Deleon for whoever tires the most between Oso/Delgado

Bradley to man mark Lodeiro most of the game, Mavinga and Ciman to double team Seattle wingers, Gonzalez and Ciman up for every set-piece, Gonzalez to keep back line organized and calm against Ruidiaz

pfk
11-08-2019, 03:59 PM

Substitutes: Jozy for Benezet, Laryea for Auro, Deleon for whoever tires the most between Oso/Delgado

Bradley to man mark Lodeiro most of the game, Mavinga and Ciman to double team Seattle wingers, Gonzalez and Ciman up for every set-piece, Gonzalez to keep back line organized and calm against Ruidiaz

Jozy or DeLeon to score the winner as a sub. I like it. :)

Scott
11-08-2019, 04:10 PM

Endoh has done a great job of pressuring opposition back lines and I feel like he will still get the start up front instead of Benezet.

I don't mind seeing Ciman & Omar on at the same time.

Keep your eye on Marky for man "Marky-ing" as he has been spotted doing that before.

I suspect Q will have to make 1 or 2 big saves for us again but we'll be fine. TFC 3 - SEA 1.

flambe
11-08-2019, 04:43 PM
Deleon for whoever......

Scoring a screamer from the half way line...

https://media.giphy.com/media/rVVFWyTINqG7C/giphy.gif

SirBobSaget
11-08-2019, 11:21 PM
Kinda sad and weird but I'll be watching the 8pm TSN broadcast on delay paying out for the 24 hr TSN subscription. Feels so awkward and unfulfilling. For the hosted MLS cup games I was there at the stadium but having it away I'm overrode by family commitments.

Hamilton_Red
11-08-2019, 11:35 PM
I think Laryea will match up better against Morris...might give him the start and bring Auro on off the bench.

Hamilton_Red
11-08-2019, 11:39 PM
We have such a deep bench...there are 5 guys in the bench who could equally comfortably start.

Seattle have not scored a goal in an MLS Cup Final .. 210 minutes of play zero goals. Only in a PK tiebreaker...let’s keep that record up.

James17930
11-09-2019, 12:14 AM
1 1/2 more sleeps!

Auzzy
11-09-2019, 12:28 AM
1 1/2 more sleeps!

Sleep? What's sleep? (I'm stressed about other things as well, not getting much sleep these days...)

jloome
11-09-2019, 02:07 AM
Looks like the field will be dry, which is actually pretty lucky/surprising

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/vancouver-approaching-record-dry-spell-for-start-of-november-meteorologist-says-1.4673648

Games on that field are the ice capades, in the rain.

I feel good about this one. Our cohesion right now is great. A lot comes down to Osorio contributing. He's kicked it into a higher gear in every game like this since his big breakout year, pretty much. If he and Bradley are klicking our midfield shuts a lot down and transitions well between the lines. I think Morris has a tougher time against Laryea than Auro and we should probably start Richie. The long ball out of the defense isn't likely to be a big tool, so Ciman's best trick right now isn't as valuable as Gonzalez and Mavinga controlling the box.

The Peruvian dude, Ruidiaz, is a straight-up killer, like Poz. So I imagine we'll play that central funnel with Bradley again.

James17930
11-09-2019, 02:07 AM
Sleep? What's sleep? (I'm stressed about other things as well, not getting much sleep these days...)

Half a bottle of whiskey helps.

DavemTFC
11-09-2019, 08:23 AM

This is what I expect to see if we move away from the 4-3-3.

It's going to be interesting to see what personnel we go with - one or both of Benezet/Endoh, one or both of Gonzalez/Ciman, Auro or Laryea, Jozy magically showing up with a 100% healed ankle. There are really only 7 players more or less guaranteed to start on Sunday

GuelphStorm2007
11-09-2019, 09:49 AM
lets hope for the best, If we can win the battles in the midfield which will free u spacw for Pozuelo to do his stuff and also Osorio we have a chance

OgtheDim
11-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Jozy out there in training today - hoping to get some minutes tomorrow.

Globetrotter
11-09-2019, 06:37 PM
To get the juices flowing (even more so), TSN2 has the 2016 cup final, 2017 cup final, DC, NYFC, ATL, DC, NYFC, ATL marathon on from about 8pm tonight until 2pm tomorrow.
TSN1 2-3pm pregame.

Cuppy
11-09-2019, 07:09 PM
To get the juices flowing (even more so), TSN2 has the 2016 cup final, 2017 cup final, DC, NYFC, ATL, DC, NYFC, ATL marathon on from about 8pm tonight until 2pm tomorrow.
TSN1 2-3pm pregame.
To this day I still cannot watch the 16 final As being there was painful enough. Will be tuning in upon completion

FootBallAZ
11-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Anyone able to record these games ?

I've managed to get all games, except for the atl, and nyfc.

I think also missing the champions league finals.

James17930
11-10-2019, 03:06 AM
12 more hours!

Brooker
11-10-2019, 03:54 AM
11h13m

Auzzy
11-10-2019, 05:58 AM
Do we know roughly what the actual kickoff time will be? I assume the game doesn't really start until after 3pm EST?

CBTFC
11-10-2019, 06:13 AM
Awake and damn EXCITED for today. Feeling carefree and uplifted, which as others have mentioned is a far cry of the anxiety filled 2016 and 2017 cup runs.

This team is completely dialed in right now, something which they've built slowly since about the summer. That's when our tide turned (ironically just about when omar came in ; ).

I'll be disappointed with a loss today, but completely proud of what this team has done in just a few months.

Bend, not break. We can do this!

PizzaEatingYeti
11-10-2019, 06:42 AM
I'll be disappointed with a loss today, but completely proud of what this team has done in just a few months.

Same here...
And no matter win or lose today, I know for sure our regular season in 2020 will be a lot better than this year's regular season, for sure we'll finish in the top 3 of the East.

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 07:15 AM
Do we know roughly what the actual kickoff time will be? I assume the game doesn't really start until after 3pm EST?

Journos said 8 minutes after

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 07:32 AM
The result, no matter if a horrid heatbreaker, or an undeserved win due to a ref decision or we get thumped - no matter what happens, this is all gravy.

Last year, and earlier this year, we were horrid, again. Bad defence that we all knew was going to leave us with a loss.

We are no longer horrid.

I don't need this team to win forever to support it. I just need to see it work.

And this fn team fn works.

Enjoy the day everybody.

GuelphStorm2007
11-10-2019, 08:16 AM
There were times that this team was unwatchable this season and to be honest I kind of ignored. I did not realize how much of a transition season this was, but as the Summer prgressed this team was getting better. My attitude towars this team changed was after the draw with LAFC were this team actually dominated at times and hadf some really good chances , Isaid to myself this team is going to do something. No matter what happens today Im still pruod of this team and look forward to see them get better in the future

ensco
11-10-2019, 09:17 AM
How many games/ties have we actually lost in knockout competitions since 2015?

2016 - Domestic Cup - Will Johnson with epic save. MLS - won every round until PKs in final (never lost)
2017 - Treble.
2018 - Domestic Cup - won. CCL- Won every round until PKs in final (never lost)
2019 - CCL - lost in Panama. Domestic Cup - lost in PKs. MLS - won every round so far.

Counting only the domestic final... that's 15 “do or die” ties (games or two game elimination series) in four years... and we have actually lost only once.

The PK crapshoots obscure the magnitude of what these guys are.

TFC victory is the way to bet this.

ag futbol
11-10-2019, 09:24 AM
The result, no matter if a horrid heatbreaker, or an undeserved win due to a ref decision or we get thumped - no matter what happens, this is all gravy.

Last year, and earlier this year, we were horrid, again. Bad defence that we all knew was going to leave us with a loss.

We are no longer horrid.

I don't need this team to win forever to support it. I just need to see it work.

And this fn team fn works.

Enjoy the day everybody.
Agreed. The season is a huge success regardless of today’s result.

MightyDM
11-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Seattle SSH were told 3:08

Ponderosa
11-10-2019, 09:34 AM
6am and Sleepless in Seattle dreaming of gold ⭐️ and soccer songs!

(Olde Towne Road)
we’re gonna win this cup-
we’re gonna take it home...
we’re gonna fly it to the t dot oh ! (repeat).

It’s Cup Day!

pfk
11-10-2019, 10:32 AM
CHAMPIONSHIP DAY!!! COYR!!

To all those Reds in Seattle: Sing loud!

FMJ04
11-10-2019, 10:32 AM
As I lie awake in my hotel room just thinking of what this day will bring. Win or loose this season has become a successful one, a few months back... we’ll we were a few looses from not making it to the dance. So for that I congratulate these guys and will continue to support them to the end no matter what. I made the trip to Atlanta and now Seattle because no matter what heat I’ve received from my wife I believe in them and know they will continue to make us proud and bring home the Cup.

Walking the streets of Seattle and seeing the amount of people in red is amazing, we are all here for on reason, to show these guys we believe and support them in getting this done.

Let’s do this....Go Reds

tfcfans
11-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Hard to believe we are here! - if you would have told me this on July 1st or so I would have thought you were nuts....Let's bring this home boys!!

COYR!

:scarf:

PawTar711
11-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Com on you reds, I remember when I had nothing to do all summer, and when the franchise first started, alot of people said com on you reds, and we used to go to bars and stuff and now we dont because marijuana is legal, I wasj ust wondering, if you were to not be able to do anything, would you still win, because I think there would be alot of talking to do. I sincerely hope we win, lets do this!!! :scarf::flare::flare::flare::drum::drum::drum::sca rf::canada:

Cuchulain
11-10-2019, 12:21 PM
Watching from home today feeling confident about a win. Go get'em boys!.

Lennon
11-10-2019, 12:25 PM
I have a dream in my heart:drunk:

daner90
11-10-2019, 12:27 PM
Lettttts goooo!!!

FootBallAZ
11-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Lets get it, don't stop.

ManUtd4ever
11-10-2019, 12:57 PM
No matter what happens today, the boys deserve a ton of credit for such a remarkable turnaround mid season.

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 01:24 PM
To me, all TFC today is this

https://i.imgur.com/Ml8WsWu.jpg

https://www.gimmiespaghetti.com/shop/red-gravy

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 02:12 PM
Jozy in the 18

Gonzalez starts

Rest stays the same

tfcfans
11-10-2019, 02:17 PM
Omar starting - Jozy on the bench — better....

James17930
11-10-2019, 02:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJCJZ4vVAAAc5UM.jpg

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Torres starting on their back line in anticipation of Jozy starting & for corners to cover Gonzalez. He's not the fastest right now - we might be able to exploit that.

But our midfield is going to have to cover a lot of ground given how little defence Benezet & Poz provide. I fully expect them to go at Morrow hard.

James17930
11-10-2019, 02:26 PM
I went to bed at 9:30 so I could wake up now to watch this. As others have said, this final feels so much different from 2017 because there's no weight of expectation. Just gonna enjoy it.

James17930
11-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Here's the stream, by the way:

http://cdn.livetv227.me/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1279492&lang=en&eid=868184&lid=1279492&ci=64&si=1

daner90
11-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Just go out and win this fuckin thing!

GerMc
11-10-2019, 02:54 PM
COYR!

In our seats and ready to sing and cheer our hearts out!

Great traveling support :scarf:

James17930
11-10-2019, 02:58 PM
COYR!

In our seats and ready to sing and cheer our hearts out!

Great traveling support :scarf:

How many are there?

Inklink
11-10-2019, 03:06 PM
TSN says 1000 TFC fans.

TFC!

Mark TFC
11-10-2019, 03:08 PM
TSN says 1000 TFC fans.

TFC!

Good on us!!! TFC!!!

Graeme
11-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Endoh is starting an MLS final!

tfcfans
11-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Just thought the same thing — Hard to believe Endoh is starting an MLS Cup Final....

Auzzy
11-10-2019, 03:16 PM
TSN says 1000 TFC fans.

TFC!

I would think it's more than 1000. I thought 3000 tickets were reserved for TFC fans? Also looking at those sections compared to the complete stadium, it feels like more than 1000.

Inklink
11-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Is Gallardo injured. Just realized I haven't heard of him in a while.

James17930
11-10-2019, 03:21 PM
Is Gallardo injured. Just realized I haven't heard of him in a while.

He's on the bench.

613reppingTFC
11-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Benezet is really showing some good hustle and work on the ball so far. Looks like he is eager to get involved!

Richard
11-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Much better start.

Auzzy
11-10-2019, 03:33 PM
How the fuck was that not at least a yellow for the ankle stamp on Pozuelo?

James17930
11-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Omar and Mavinga are getting quite bunched up so far. They need to get their spacing right and work out who should be where.

Richard
11-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Those watching a stream I recommend the Sky Sports broadcast.

James17930
11-10-2019, 03:48 PM
The streams have been bad today.

It's the final and I can't even find one in HD.

samuraizero
11-10-2019, 03:51 PM
anyone having a working, ACTUAL HD stream?

Edit: Best I can find so far..
https://homosports.xyz/fzony-st-pauli.php

samuraizero
11-10-2019, 03:57 PM
that pull on auro should have been a foul just out side the box.

samuraizero
11-10-2019, 03:59 PM
TFC just needs to take a bloody shot

Inklink
11-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Ref getting played.

jazzy
11-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Gotta shoot , not walk it in continuously .... leaves us open to their wanted counter and Vanney belief in Endoh is tested , he’s having trouble and getting pushed off the ball , mistake not starting Laryea ....yes he’ll b a sub but it’s risky . And thought I’d never say it but maybe CIMAN was better choice with Gonzales off the bench he’s major rusty ...

tfcfans
11-10-2019, 04:06 PM
For being on the road as the underdog, a 0-0 half where we were competitive, is a good result so far....

Richard
11-10-2019, 04:07 PM
We should be up 1-0.

This game is begging for Altidore. How much can he give us?

zorsofstesab
11-10-2019, 04:08 PM
The game is ours with 2 simple changes....one name not heard of today has been Morrow.

1) Laryea for Morrow and 2) DeLeon for Endoh. Seattle will not be able to handle the pace.

Save Altidore until needed (if we are down) but I would keep the last change to put it Ciman if we are holding a lead.

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 04:11 PM
Yeah, TFC the much better team here - Seattle didn't seem to watch any game tape of how the false 9 was going to work - almost like they assumed Jozy would start.

The TSN feed via the internet is 3 minutes behind reality.

RealG-TFC
11-10-2019, 04:12 PM
Where did we find Westberg!? My word..

I think DeLeon for Endoh would be good change. I think Osorio has played well as well.

James17930
11-10-2019, 04:13 PM
65% possession. Double the number of passes.

We're dominating the game. Just need that finish.

daner90
11-10-2019, 04:14 PM
I agree. Jozy will make a huge difference if he can play, we have the ball around rge 18 yard box but no one is able to make a difference right now

benito
11-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Solid half by the tfc. They have played well so far and adding Laryea‘s pace should open up things in the second half.

Richard
11-10-2019, 04:31 PM
I'm going to be seriously annoyed if we don't win this.

portu
11-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Ugh wow defensive shape is disgusting there

Richard
11-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Fuck sake. Knew this shit would happen.

Leedsoronto
11-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Ugh 😑 not fare

gracos
11-10-2019, 04:34 PM
Morrow just scored on his own team, very frustrating

samuraizero
11-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Morrow just scored on his own team, very frustrating

Weird deflection, shit happens, but...

Leedsoronto
11-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Altidore be out soon

James17930
11-10-2019, 04:37 PM
So, we play even better when there's adversity, right?

gracos
11-10-2019, 04:38 PM
So Seattle has 12 men on the field, still fairly disappointed

tfcfans
11-10-2019, 04:38 PM
Seattle does nothing the whole half and takes one shot off of our defender and it’s a fucking goal.....Can’t believe we will lose two finals to these guys when we were the better playing team again....ridiculous....

James17930
11-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Seattle does nothing the whole half and takes one shot off of our defender and it’s a fucking goal.....Can’t believe we will lose two finals to these guys when we were the better playing team again....ridiculous....

Calm down, still lots of time.

Richard
11-10-2019, 04:41 PM
This ref is blind.

James17930
11-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Okay, save us Jozy.

gracos
11-10-2019, 04:47 PM
I dont see us scoring 2 goals in regulation anymore, best option is to score one and score another in extra time

Leedsoronto
11-10-2019, 04:49 PM
We having more chances against our own goal

jazzy
11-10-2019, 04:49 PM
All that possession and Seattle patiently wins the bet , Laryea is the only winger who consistently breaks down the box....on the bench ....

Oldtimer
11-10-2019, 04:50 PM
That's it.

portu
11-10-2019, 04:52 PM
That's that. Was a good run certainly beyond my and most's expectations. In the end we were done in by the lack of defensive organization and any depth at striker.

jazzy
Done , and Vanney passing back and forth across the field doesn’t win games , proof . Seattle’s coach ignore u and now Laryea , too late .....

gracos
If we had a proper striker might of been different, its just not meant to be

tfcfans
11-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Season over - At least that was a real goal....

portu
11-10-2019, 04:54 PM
If we had a proper striker might of been different, its just not meant to be

Sky Sports mentioned we'd be three up at the half with Ruidiaz on our side. I agree.

James17930
11-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Still time.

smtavare
11-10-2019, 04:57 PM
Morrow missed penalty in 2016 he asked to take which should have been our striker Rcketts we lose final, he causes the own goal in 2019 and Costs us the final - I always hated him - overrated underachiever, play always dies on his side, only scored goals in 2017 because no opposition would cover him as he wasn't rated by them and then Giovinco would hand it over to him on a silver platter

zorsofstesab
11-10-2019, 05:00 PM
we stopped playing for 15 minutes and it killed us. I respect Vanney but I think the changes were needed at half....

gracos
11-10-2019, 05:00 PM
Still time. yes, very always is time, but without a proper build of a team; time doesnt mean much

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 05:03 PM
Done , and Vanney passing back and forth across the field doesn’t win games , proof .

Uh, we got to a final how again? By playing it quickly, which is what Vanney wants. For some reason, this team ALWAYS reverts to pass it across the back when behind - they shouldn't because Vanney has said consistently since he came to the team he HATES that back and forth across the back stuff.

Stuff happens. Own goal & we lost composure - not because of the crowd but because that happens to most teams when they go behind on an own goal after dominating.

jloome
BULLLLLLLSHIT. (not you OG, the official scorekeeper).

That first goal was an own goal. I'll give them the second because they deserved it. We got deflated after going down despite dominating.

Hard to lose this one. Better team, again.

OgtheDim
Sky Sports mentioned we'd be three up at the half with Ruidiaz on our side. I agree.

Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that we need a good striker of the ball wide left or right in this 4-3-3.

Oldtimer
11-10-2019, 05:04 PM
I still think a lot of team for this run.

jloome
Poor Chris. Hurt foot. Trying to keep up. Looks despondent.

RealG-TFC
Change needed to come at the half full stop

daner90
11-10-2019, 05:05 PM
I went into this playoff run with low expectations...but maiibg this far and losing still hurts. I love this team

rydermike
At least if the pattern continues well win the cup next year in seattle

jloome

They played their hearts out and were on their way until a bad break. It's the TFC story. But man they fought hard this year. Fucking heroic playoff effort.

Richard
BULLLLLLLSHIT. (not you OG, the official scorekeeper).

That first goal was an own goal. I'll give them the second because they deserved it. We got deflated after going down despite dominating.

Hard to lose this one. Better team, again.

Yeah this tough.

When you look at it this core underachieved.

Should be 3 MLS Cups, 1 Champions League, and 1 Supporters shield.

This is football though.

zorsofstesab
11-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Altidore has done nothing. He was not ready to play, imo. Playing with 10 men

EDIT - Well that was bad timing on my part. Still stand by above.

69Chevy396
11-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Uh, we got to a final how again? By playing it quickly, which is what Vanney wants. For some reason, this team ALWAYS reverts to pass it across the back when behind - they shouldn't because Vanney has said consistently since he came to the team he HATES that back and forth across the back stuff.

Stuff happens. Own goal & we lost composure - not because of the crowd but because that happens to most teams when they go behind on an own goal after dominating.
It was a terrific run. The team needs a designated player at forward. In a close game, after 20 passes, you don’t want the shot on goal right into the Keepers stomach (Osorio). In the first half, all that possession resulted in nothing, because we never replaced Giovinco.

Mark TFC
11-10-2019, 05:07 PM

100% agree with you.

Oldtimer
11-10-2019, 05:08 PM
Change needed to come at the half full stop

Yeah, the extra five minutes would have totally changed the outcome, lol.

JavierMartini
11-10-2019, 05:08 PM
2 fouls led to two goals for SS the game should be 1-0 How can you play a cup final where the other team can throw body checks and commit obvious fouls with no penalty.

portu
11-10-2019, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I'm coming to the conclusion that we need a good striker of the ball wide left or right in this 4-3-3.

Or you know... in the middle.

jloome
11-10-2019, 05:09 PM
I have to question, based on what he's looked like, why Jozy didn't start. I k now we won without him, but... if you're him, wouldn't you be fighting to the death to get into this game? I dunno. That goal was almost bittersweet.