PDA

View Full Version : Lensky: Can he be convinced to play again?

DigzTFC!
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.feyenoord.nl/pages/newsdetail.aspx?contentcode=20080805_lensky

Feyenoord and Jacob Lensky go out together. The service of the midfielder is at 1 september dissolved. This happens on increasing demand from the midfielder himself. Private reasons lie behind the departure of the Canadian.

'Jacob Lensky has indicated that he fully private reasons would stop playing professional football, "says Peter Bosz, technical director of Feyenoord. "We have understood that he will return to his homeland. Feyenoord regrets the departure of the player, since his footballing skills in themselves were not in question. "

Imagine Lenksy and Ricketts running the wings for us. I hope he didn't quit because of the physical ailments he has suffered. These are the guys TFC should be making sure stay in the Canadian talent pool.

ExiledRed
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I assume 'professional football' includes what TFC does. Correct me if I'm wrong.

LucaGol
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
That's kind of a strange story...what happened there exactly?

DigzTFC!
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
I assume 'professional football' includes what TFC does. Correct me if I'm wrong.'

How clever....read the title of the thread. Could be the same reasons why Ibbe was going to quit soccer too.

Anybody know Jacob personally and have any insight into why he left?

Nodoubtguy
08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Someone on the Voyageurs board said it might be due to constant injuries....

Dirk Diggler
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Wow ... he was in a situation a lot of 19 year old kids would give their left nut to be in. It sucks that he's retiring.

DigzTFC!
08-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Reports indicate that he is sick. With what I have no idea, but it must be serious if he's coming back to Canada and retiring from a promising career. I hope he gets well.

Keegan
08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Im thinking the story is messed up. I think Feyenoord might not realize that there is pro football in Canada/US.

DigzTFC!
08-05-2008, 06:30 PM
He would solve our search for a permanent left sided midfielder once Robert leaves or is released. More than anything, I just hope Jacob and his family are healthy and nothing serious is wrong. Soccer is far distant second to the health and wellbeing of family

Nodoubtguy
08-05-2008, 06:36 PM
He would solve our search for a permanent left sided midfielder once Robert leaves or is released. More than anything, I just hope Jacob and his family are healthy and nothing serious is wrong. Soccer is far distant second to the health and wellbeing of family

:hump: - you hit it on the head man, some things take priority. We have roster issues, but obviously this is more serious

Don Julio
08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I assume 'professional football' includes what TFC does. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Lately I'm not so sure.. :(

LucaGol
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Maybe he's coming home to play for the Impact.