PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Third Round - TFC @ Atlanta Wed Oct 30 8pm - F'ing Good Team F'ing Works

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
10-24-2019, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=QBoCKAO_mWo

Onwards

Have at It People

ensco
10-24-2019, 09:12 PM
This game is CRYING OUT for effin' Jozy Altidore.

tfcfans
10-24-2019, 09:14 PM
Can’t say I’m surprised, Atlanta was always the biggest threat in the East, and LAFC, Seattle and “Zlatan” (maybe not his team), the biggest threats out West - frankly we will be a solid underdog against every team left...time for Jozy and Omar to get on the pitch and for TFC to put on their “big boy pants”, and grind out a result....

barticusz
10-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Really happy to play them. Gotta beat the champs to become the champs.

boozilla
10-24-2019, 09:28 PM
The Atlanta stadium and crowd is amazing. Martinez's goal was sick, but they can be
weak at the back. We got this.

OgtheDim
10-24-2019, 09:35 PM
I have a lot of time for Atlanta fans - but like LAFC, they have no clue about their opponents. The journalists who cover that team are not better. To most of MLS punditry, we are underdogs in this match but at least will be discussed in terms of what we bring to the game. To Atlanta fans & journos, we are a character development plot device in this week's soccer procedural TV show.

The closest thing Atlanta has faced to us in the playoffs was NYRB - and Armas botched that up by deciding that was the week he was going to go against team dynamics & make a drastic change to NYRB's philosophy (NYRB has never recovered)

Expect to hear a lot about "well the Campeones cup showed we can play against a determined squad".

They are a very good team - I expect us to lose simply because their attack style is exactly what we can not handle well - fast counter over the top followed up by quick passing towards a shot.

But, GAWD, the narrative surrounding them is self-centred without any self-awareness.

ensco
10-24-2019, 09:41 PM
^They have won a lot of playoff games but they have not yet faced someone with our pedigree.

Ignore the predictions. Sports is full of teams that are more dangerous than their regular season records in knockout series. It was obvious that NYCFC not actually a big favourite. You heard Torrent postgame. He didn’t really have the horses, and he knew it all along.

Atlanta has gone long stretches, all season and in both playoff games, where they have been listless and/or really weak at the back. Now they have no Parkhurst.

This is one is a tossup if Jozy can go. Without him Atlanta is a slight favourite.

Blindside16
10-25-2019, 12:28 AM
I would have Philly but Atlanta does not scare me. Atlanta under De Boer is not the same Atlanta that was under Tata. They have had and are prone too falling flat. Hopefully Jozy is fit and ready to go. If he is I really like our chances. If Atlanta starts Pogba, Laryea will absolutrly torch him on the wings. Our only other trip to the Benz this year was a 2-0 loss BUT we were the much better team in the first half and should have been up 2 or 3 - 1. The 2 goals we gave up was a Zavleta brain cramp special and horrible man marking. Regardless of how the game finishes, they have surpassed what I expected them to do mid summer. It's the conference finals and we are the underdogs. I like it!! After all we have a Fuckin good team :stogey:

Brooker
10-25-2019, 12:47 AM
Come on you beautiful Reds. I love being the underdog. Nobody would have picked us to be 2 wins away from MLS Cup Champions.

Fuck the world! Let's be having yaaaaa!

Auzzy
10-25-2019, 04:03 AM
Not scared either. Should be a great game. At least it's a full week break; fingers crossed The Beast is back. I remember that glorious game in Atlanta with Jozy and Seba, where Seba ended up (pretending to) drink from the tossed beer cup. On occasion, TFC has shown that they can replace Seba by committee.

One worry for me though if Jozy can go: that it leads to Vanney sticking Pozuelo back on left wing. Pozuelo has stated that he'll do what the coach wants, but that it doesn't work well for him to play there. I gotta agree. I don't mind them switching back and forth during the game, and Poz being on either side for a bit especially to get a break from man marking. But if he is positioned there for longer, he doesn't have the speed to beat people down the wing. Instead he ends up with far less touches than in the middle, and less chances to create. We have better options for either wing.

DavemTFC
10-25-2019, 07:19 AM
Something I just noticed - the final four are the Supporters Shield winners plus the last 3 MLS Cup champs. Stacked

BelfastBoy
10-25-2019, 07:56 AM
I'd like to see a poll on the playoff format - old vs. new. I wonder if they will stick with this format.

This team was lying in the weeds all season, completely under the radar and they knew when to turn it on.

Oldtimer
10-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Something I just noticed - the final four are the Supporters Shield winners plus the last 3 MLS Cup champs. Stacked

Good observation. Shows that parity is lessening. Fortunately TFC is in the conversation here.

Kiwi10
10-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Do we know what the away section is? Flights booked already!

Canary10
10-25-2019, 09:46 AM
I have a lot of time for Atlanta fans - but like LAFC, they have no clue about their opponents. The journalists who cover that team are not better. To most of MLS punditry, we are underdogs in this match but at least will be discussed in terms of what we bring to the game. To Atlanta fans & journos, we are a character development plot device in this week's soccer procedural TV show.

The closest thing Atlanta has faced to us in the playoffs was NYRB - and Armas botched that up by deciding that was the week he was going to go against team dynamics & make a drastic change to NYRB's philosophy (NYRB has never recovered)

Expect to hear a lot about "well the Campeones cup showed we can play against a determined squad".

They are a very good team - I expect us to lose simply because their attack style is exactly what we can not handle well - fast counter over the top followed up by quick passing towards a shot.

But, GAWD, the narrative surrounding them is self-centred without any self-awareness.

Ha ha! Well done!

Bushmancan
10-25-2019, 09:47 AM
Not scared either. Should be a great game. At least it's a full week break; fingers crossed The Beast is back. I remember that glorious game in Atlanta with Jozy and Seba, where Seba ended up (pretending to) drink from the tossed beer cup. On occasion, TFC has shown that they can replace Seba by committee.

One worry for me though if Jozy can go: that it leads to Vanney sticking Pozuelo back on left wing. Pozuelo has stated that he'll do what the coach wants, but that it doesn't work well for him to play there. I gotta agree. I don't mind them switching back and forth during the game, and Poz being on either side for a bit especially to get a break from man marking. But if he is positioned there for longer, he doesn't have the speed to beat people down the wing. Instead he ends up with far less touches than in the middle, and less chances to create. We have better options for either wing.

I agree Poz needs to be in the middle.

Too late to go there for next week but why haven't we tried a 4-4-1-1 with an attacking bent. Any thoughts?

Think we could go to our traditional 3 in the back for Atlanta with the Wingbacks going crazy. Poz and Jozy upfront, with Marky, Osorio and Bradley in the middle. Hard not to play Endo & Benezet though (glad we have options)

:scarf:
COYRs

Bushmancan
10-25-2019, 09:50 AM
Good observation. Shows that parity is lessening. Fortunately TFC is in the conversation here.

And need to stay in the conversation!!! :idea:for MLSE management. When we win, it does get coverage.

TFC Tifoso
10-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Buffery writing today in the Sun that both Jozy and Omar are expected to go v Atlanta.

I'm very confident, but win or lose, I am so very proud of this team and staff the way they gutted out the last 2 months.
Well done lads...fuckin' good team!

michaeltfc91
10-25-2019, 10:19 AM
As much as I would love to see TFC win, I feel like there isn't too much pressure to win. Regardless LAFC will be almost impossible to beat (the league wants them to win) so there isn't much pressure and we have already had a memorable season.

I truly believe we win MLS Cup next year no matter what... Bradley will sign as a TAM to replace let's say Gallardo and we will sign another incredible DP and have a very similar team as this year but have a full 34 matches with them (no Gold Cup, no Champions League)

Ultra & Proud
10-25-2019, 10:28 AM
. Regardless LAFC will be almost impossible to beat
I wouldn't write off Seattle so fast. Much like Atlanta is facing a team with championship pedigree so are LAFC and we'll see how well they deal with negative football for 90 minutes.

Canary10
10-25-2019, 10:36 AM
I wouldn't write off Seattle so fast. Much like Atlanta is facing a team with championship pedigree so are LAFC and we'll see how well they deal with negative football for 90 minutes.

As we know, there is no team more well versed in it than Seattle.

flatpicker
10-25-2019, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see a poll on the playoff format - old vs. new. I wonder if they will stick with this format.

This team was lying in the weeds all season, completely under the radar and they knew when to turn it on.

I liked how the 2 game aggregate allowed more time to build animosity between teams and drama for fans. But the one and done rewards higher ranked teams with home advantage. So I'd lean more in favour of any format that gives more importance to each regular season game.

ManUtd4ever
10-25-2019, 11:28 AM
I love being the underdog.

notthesun
10-25-2019, 11:45 AM

They're playing at home, so I doubt they completely park the bus. Which actually works in LAFC's favour I think.

Richard
10-25-2019, 11:58 AM
From "worst team in the world" to "Fooking great team".

My new signature.

ensco
10-25-2019, 12:00 PM
I would have Philly but Atlanta does not scare me. Atlanta under De Boer is not the same Atlanta that was under Tata. They have had and are prone too falling flat. Hopefully Jozy is fit and ready to go. If he is I really like our chances. If Atlanta starts Pogba, Laryea will absolutrly torch him on the wings. Our only other trip to the Benz this year was a 2-0 loss BUT we were the much better team in the first half and should have been up 2 or 3 - 1. The 2 goals we gave up was a Zavleta brain cramp special and horrible man marking. Regardless of how the game finishes, they have surpassed what I expected them to do mid summer. It's the conference finals and we are the underdogs. I like it!! After all we have a Fuckin good team :stogey:

That game in Atlanta was one Vanney conceded before kickoff. He started at least four guys (Akinola, Chapman, Morgan, Zavaleta) who have maybe 200 combined minutes in last four months. Boyd came on for Akinola. It is an irrelevant data point.

ensco
10-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Fun things happen when Toronto plays in Atlanta in the playoffs (I'll leave the Jays highlights for someone else!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f46J22PkMK4

(We won that game and that series btw. As underdogs.)

MKR
10-25-2019, 12:45 PM

Old system by far! I agree that the final should be a one off (based on regular season standings) but the games leading up should be as they are in UEFA champions league. It feels like a proper football/soccer knockout round competition.

Canary10
10-25-2019, 01:42 PM
They're playing at home, so I doubt they completely park the bus. Which actually works in LAFC's favour I think.

I'm not sure I understand this comment. Seattle is the away team. Far more likely to park the bus.

notthesun
10-25-2019, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure I understand this comment. Seattle is the away team. Far more likely to park the bus.

You don't understand because it made no sense. :lol: Whoops.

I don't know how I got it in my head Seattle would be hosting... so yes, I definitely agree, they're very likely to park it as the away team. LAFC has so much quality though and Seattle isn't the defensive rock they used to be.

I can't see LAFC not taking it, but either way we have a juicy match up in the finals if we can make it. It's either a tiebreaker against Seattle in their barn or we defend 2017 TFC's place as the best MLS team of all time.

Canary10
10-25-2019, 02:19 PM
You don't understand because it made no sense. :lol: Whoops.

I don't know how I got it in my head Seattle would be hosting... so yes, I definitely agree, they're very likely to park it as the away team. LAFC has so much quality though and Seattle isn't the defensive rock they used to be.

I can't see LAFC not taking it, but either way we have a juicy match up in the finals if we can make it. It's either a tiebreaker against Seattle in their barn or we defend 2017 TFC's place as the best MLS team of all time.

Ha! I thought I was losing my mind or something. Yeah, Seattle is not the same defensive team. But anything can happen in one game. They beat us after all!

Cuchulain
10-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Current odds to win MLS Cup:

Oddschecker

LAFC 11/18 Atlanta 4/1 Seattle 7/1 Toronto 7/1

Odds Portal:

LAFC 1.61-1 Atlanta 4.5-1 Seattle 8-1 Toronto 8-1

My Bookie:

LAFC -105 Atlanta +350 Seattle +700 Toronto +700

matteo30
10-25-2019, 03:46 PM
I have been wanting to post here for a while so it's good to be back! There has been so many positives from TFC the last two matches that i'm excited to take a swing at Atlanta. They look shaky at the back. To the poster above who said the league wants LA to win I disagree they are trying to make Atlanta the new Galaxy I find Atlanta a very very unlikeable team that dives around a lot we will have to keep our composure. I'm interested at Atlanta at home when they are up a goal it seems from an outsiders perspective they allow so few goals against at home. We will have to generate scoring chances from wing play and force them to play defence which is something they hate, I expect a lot of rolling around and faking and bad sportsmanship. If they feel threatened they will be rolling around any chance they get. The team that made the finals in Mexico a lot of those guys are still here and played in many big matches before. The hostility won't get to our guys or shake us. I was watching the end of them vs Philly and the ref waved away a stonewall penalty for Philly and refused to Book Atlanta for several dirty challenges. I feel like a bunch of fouls won't be called and we will be hacked repeatedly without cards and in the box. Score first and play on the front foot as much as possible you can't back up against Atlanta they have too much offensive firepower if we go into it looking to counter the whole match we lose 3-0. I'm excited both the TFC and Raptors championship have done a lot for my Toronto sports confidence and our guys will come in fired up. Endoh is one of my favourites so I want to give him a start he will step up and cause Atlanta problems and Altidore is always good for a big goal and I think he might have another in him. Sorry for the long post excited to be back on here!

Cuchulain
10-25-2019, 03:51 PM
TFC - Atlanta Game:

Atlanta Draw Toronto
1.72 4.1 4.2

Lil'John
10-25-2019, 05:11 PM
Pozuelo played really, really well in NY.
I'm just a little worried he plays less well with Jozy on the field.
Poz plays well with fast moving parts running all around him. When we play Jozy there are less players crashing the net. Without Jozy we seemed to have attacks with 3 or more players.
On the other hand, we also played really well at LAFC when they were both on the field.
Thoughts?

stevep
10-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Current odds to win MLS Cup:

Oddschecker

LAFC 11/18 Atlanta 4/1 Seattle 7/1 Toronto 7/1

Odds Portal:

LAFC 1.61-1 Atlanta 4.5-1 Seattle 8-1 Toronto 8-1

My Bookie:

LAFC -105 Atlanta +350 Seattle +700 Toronto +700

I check the outright odds every week. A month before the season ended I believe we were around
40, then 30, started playoffs at 20. Now 8.

stevep
10-25-2019, 05:16 PM
I have been wanting to post here for a while so it's good to be back! There has been so many positives from TFC the last two matches that i'm excited to take a swing at Atlanta. They look shaky at the back. To the poster above who said the league wants LA to win I disagree they are trying to make Atlanta the new Galaxy I find Atlanta a very very unlikeable team that dives around a lot we will have to keep our composure. I'm interested at Atlanta at home when they are up a goal it seems from an outsiders perspective they allow so few goals against at home. We will have to generate scoring chances from wing play and force them to play defence which is something they hate, I expect a lot of rolling around and faking and bad sportsmanship. If they feel threatened they will be rolling around any chance they get. The team that made the finals in Mexico a lot of those guys are still here and played in many big matches before. The hostility won't get to our guys or shake us. I was watching the end of them vs Philly and the ref waved away a stonewall penalty for Philly and refused to Book Atlanta for several dirty challenges. I feel like a bunch of fouls won't be called and we will be hacked repeatedly without cards and in the box. Score first and play on the front foot as much as possible you can't back up against Atlanta they have too much offensive firepower if we go into it looking to counter the whole match we lose 3-0. I'm excited both the TFC and Raptors championship have done a lot for my Toronto sports confidence and our guys will come in fired up. Endoh is one of my favourites so I want to give him a start he will step up and cause Atlanta problems and Altidore is always good for a big goal and I think he might have another in him. Sorry for the long post excited to be back on here!

I was such a dummy for not betting on Atlanta in the Atlanta vs Philadelphia game. As if this league is going to throw away 4M USD by having the game in Philly vs Atlanta.
Philadelphia was really good against NYRB
They didn't show up for the Atlanta game
As tfc fans we better pray lafc wins

rydermike
10-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Haha you used my thread title idea from the last game thread. Thanks Og

Lil'John
10-25-2019, 09:01 PM
Do we know what the away section is? Flights booked already!

We're going too. Does anyone know what section?

Prof
10-26-2019, 08:09 AM
https://tfcontheroad.ca/collections/2019-tfc-on-the-road-trips/products/toronto-fc-eastern-conference-finals?omnisendAttributionID=email_campaign_5db3d0 d8b0d46742010344f9&omnisendContactID=5a0082a5bf57195c3cd0a4f2&omnisendScopeID=59d2ade8597ed71dca0ebcd6_2_1856358 1&utm_campaign=campaign%3A+2019+Toronto+FC+Eastern+C onference+Finals+%285db3d0d8b0d46742010344f9%29&utm_medium=email&utm_source=omnisend

Kiwi10
10-26-2019, 08:40 AM

Apparently 229 is the usual away section which is greyed out on ticketmaster. I ended up grabbing just across the aisle in 230.

Canuckistan
10-26-2019, 01:03 PM
As much as I would love to see TFC win, I feel like there isn't too much pressure to win. Regardless LAFC will be almost impossible to beat (the league wants them to win) so there isn't much pressure and we have already had a memorable season.

I truly believe we win MLS Cup next year no matter what... Bradley will sign as a TAM to replace let's say Gallardo and we will sign another incredible DP and have a very similar team as this year but have a full 34 matches with them (no Gold Cup, no Champions League)

Bradley will never sign as a tam ever and this hopium idea needs to stop.

Pogba vs. Philly could have had 3 penalties called against him in that game that conveniently was ignored by the refs....so there's a narrative. League may want LAFC vs atl. We must expose pogba at all times.

Our back line will have to be perfect...that us our real question mark. They must defend their quickness.

And has Gallardo fallen out? He looks fine.

OgtheDim
10-26-2019, 01:09 PM

He was asked that very question by Kloke

Would you consider taking a differently structured deal than the one you’re on now, perhaps a TAM deal, to stay with TFC next season? Absolutely.

https://theathletic.com/1303155/2019/10/18/qa-michael-bradley-on-his-legacy-at-tfc-contract-negotiations-and-advice-for-leafs-captain-john-tavares/

MightyDM
10-26-2019, 02:11 PM

Thats how it looked against Philly. If they are going to do that, might as well foul them properly and make it hurt.

MightyDM
10-26-2019, 02:13 PM

Pogba vs. Philly could have had 3 penalties called against him in that game that conveniently was ignored by the refs....so there's a narrative. League may want LAFC vs atl. We must expose pogba at all times.

Our back line will have to be perfect...that us our real question mark. They must defend their quickness.

Agree with both of those. They have exploited our slow CB's. But OG/ Mavinga or Ciman/Mavinga offer a different challenge.

OgtheDim
10-26-2019, 05:26 PM
Atlanta took a very South American approach to MLS in their first season and a half - lots of rolling around and pleading - doesn't work with MLS refs because we are a very CONCACAF league - hard tackles, lots of body tackles.

Eventually Tata learned his team needed to CONCACAF more - go to ground but then rub your shins, play the delay game, take umbrage, get in people's faces, do the fouls necessary to let them know you are there and they can't make a fool out of you.

Under De Boer, they are actually quite good at the CONCACAF thing now.

But we are masters at these dark arts too. And unlike every other team in this league, we are not afraid of the Benz.

redcard
10-26-2019, 08:40 PM
I spoke with TFC FO they said details will be available on Monday.

stevep
10-26-2019, 09:50 PM

I don't believe Gallardo has fallen out.
Endoh offers more defense.
He is a real pain in the butt to the opponent.
I haven't done this but I bet the goals scored on tfc is really low when he is in the pitch

ensco
10-27-2019, 08:15 AM
Mullins is a gamer. I think he has a big goal in him Wednesday. Just a feeling.

stevep
10-27-2019, 07:15 PM
In the past two days the odds have swing by around 2% in tfc favor.
This would imply to me that jozy and Omar are playing

Ossington Mental Youth
10-27-2019, 07:59 PM
Mullins is a gamer. I think he has a big goal in him Wednesday. Just a feeling.

inclined to agree, has been a decent trade so far. Good back up striker who doesnt mind the role and can put it out there when needed.

Section_105
10-28-2019, 10:02 AM

Apparently 229 is the usual away section which is greyed out on ticketmaster. I ended up grabbing just across the aisle in 230.

call the SSH line. For NYC they had a link set up (by NYCFC I think) that got us tickets in the away section at a decent price. Maybe they will have the same. Unfortunately I cannot travel this week.

buddies
10-28-2019, 10:59 AM
I don't care if Jozy's crippled at the present time I'm putting him in the 18 even if it's just to put him on a minute before the game goes to penalties. Surely he can take a spot kick if required and with all of the games we've lost on penalties ... he's one of the few who can take one. I'm fed up with the disappointment of losing on penalties so if there's a possibility of the game going there I'm hoping Vanney's been preparing for it. Bradley, Osorio etc. have missed too many. Time to rethink who should be on the field at that point and hopefully it includes some other options in practice this week ... Benezet ... Mullins etc. to see if they're any better ...

TFC1154ever
10-28-2019, 12:57 PM
From the sounds of Vanney yesterday from practice, Altidore is at best going to be on the bench... he still isn’t shooting the ball.

Oldtimer
10-28-2019, 01:07 PM
From the sounds of Vanney yesterday from practice, Altidore is at best going to be on the bench... he still isn’t shooting the ball.

He was supposed to start on Monday. We'll see.

613reppingTFC
10-28-2019, 02:11 PM
Looks like Miles Robinson was just ruled out of Atlanta's line-up for the game

Smokecell
10-28-2019, 04:48 PM

Don't put much stock into anything you hear, Vanney won't want Atlanta to prepare one way or the other. For all we know he was shooting balls a week ago. Smoke and mirrors

TFC1154ever
10-28-2019, 08:29 PM
I don’t think we have talked about this enough, but Westburg has made some HUGE saves in both games in the playoffs. I’ve always harped on Bono for his ball distribution, but Westburg is one of the better keepers in the MLS at it, which has helped a tons.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-29-2019, 04:46 AM
Don't put much stock into anything you hear, Vanney won't want Atlanta to prepare one way or the other. For all we know he was shooting balls a week ago. Smoke and mirrors

Yeah, exactly!
If I was Vanney and if Josy was perfectly healthy and game fit by now, I would come out with the same answers about his possibility of playing any role in Wednesday's game, leaving more hints that at best he will play max 20 minutes or so... Plus I would instruct everybody in the team's inner circle under penalty of death to not say a word about Josy's situation. I would not let anyone not in the inner circle of TFC seeing how Josy is training.

What I do think is he may play, but no more than 30 minutes, if needed. The major problem is that even if he would be game fit, he's not played for too much time in a official match (3 weeks, 1 month?), and more often than not he'll need playing minutes before getting up to full potential.

So at best we may have the chance to see a fully impactful Josy only if we'll qualify for the final.

Areathrasher
10-29-2019, 11:11 AM
Hoping this is some serious mind games...

Neil Davidson
@NeilMDavidson
(https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson)
3m (https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/1189210628168310784)

No Jozy Altidore at training in Atlanta. Looks like he did not make the trip. Will have more when team speaks after practice. #TFCLive
https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/MLS_19_TFC/MLS_19_TFC.png
(https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hashtag_click)

Ultra & Proud
10-29-2019, 11:27 AM
Roll out the same line up except with Omar in for Ciman.

noxx98
10-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Jozy did fly to/from NYC separately from the team last week. So perhaps he'll just be a late arrival? One can hope...

Areathrasher
10-29-2019, 11:50 AM
Wheeler with the update

Follow up MRI for Altidore, and he’ll be flying to Atlanta later today, according to Vanney from #TFCLive
https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/MLS_19_TFC/MLS_19_TFC.png (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hashtag_click)
(https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hashtag_click) training. Chances are slim he’ll play a part, but hasn’t been ruled out.

Joe Kool
10-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Great if Altidore can be there but I really hope they don't take any risks that can cause long term issues. Who knows, we may need him even more for MLS Cup if that should be our fate.....

OgtheDim
10-29-2019, 12:33 PM
Would like him now in order to be there in 11 days - if Jozy not cleared to go, then we figure it out. Don't need a banger against Atlanta.

pfk
10-29-2019, 12:41 PM
According to Sportsnet: Jozy absent from training and back home for another MRI.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/injured-altidore-absent-training-atlanta-said-back-home/

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

EDIT: looks like he may fly to Atlanta after (article slightly older than Twitter updates). Good news is that Omar could be ready to go!

JuliquE
10-29-2019, 12:42 PM
Great if Altidore can be there but I really hope they don't take any risks that can cause long term issues. Who knows, we may need him even more for MLS Cup if that should be our fate.....
If that's the case, you'd want him to get some minutes under him in this one.

Fingers crossed, then.

TFC1154ever
10-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Altidore will not start per KJ. He MIGHT be available off the bench. Jesus Jozy... this campaign has been really disappointing, and I’m a Jozy guy.

jabbronies
10-29-2019, 02:40 PM
He isn't flying there to be on the bench - He's going for moral support. I'd be shocked if he shows up on the lineup card.

TFC1986
10-29-2019, 03:09 PM
At this point. Got to just forget about Altidore.
He can play next season.
Got to work with what's guaranteed available now.
Let Vanney the maestro take us to the Promise Land's front door for the third time

Joe Kool
10-29-2019, 03:21 PM
He isn't flying there to be on the bench - He's going for moral support. I'd be shocked if he shows up on the lineup card.

This is my gut feel too. Vanney has said already he is playing safe with not having the possibility of having to sub a guy out in the first half due to coming back too early so if not already in full training I don't think he is even in the 18. Just moral support as you said. You can't take risks in these one off games.

OgtheDim
10-29-2019, 04:05 PM
If we lose tomorrow, it's not because Jozy is injured.

Oldtimer
10-29-2019, 04:14 PM
The team without Jozy is clicking so well, it could actually be an advantage to not have him back yet.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
10-29-2019, 05:27 PM
Even when Jozy comes back from injury it usually takes him three games to get back into form. I don’t feel we have time for that. At best it’s looking like a super sub in the finals if we make it.

matteo30
10-29-2019, 05:33 PM
Penso + Salazar combination and the fake Bandwagon of Atlanta fans, and unlikeable arrogant players. They are such a "likeable group" I got into one of there exclusive practices...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8 Would love a bandwagon to be shut down similar to how annoying the golden state was . MLS loves there storylines and treat it live a damn soap opera too bad because there has been some great entertaining matches this post season. About to be ruined by MLS can't wait for them to ignore 3 penalties and lose by one goal but if we get that first goal the dynamic changes.

Bushmancan
10-29-2019, 05:38 PM
The team without Jozy is clicking so well, it could actually be an advantage to not have him back yet.

I think Richard said it best in another post...

Great post.

Jozy, Gio, and Bradley all deserve their numbers retired.

or honored

I think the team is playing very well but to suggest in some sort of fashion that even for 10 minutes, we are not better off having an 80% Jozy (whatever the number is) as an option is crazy.

The good problem we have is that TFC has filled Vanney's cupboards pretty well. But still Vanney knows which of his seven subs isn't playing...no matter what. Moor, Gonzalez, Deleon, Mullins, Bono, Lareya and Gallardo were on the bench last game. if Jozy can play have him there, problem is who do you replace? I like them all for different reasons.

Just my opinion.

James17930
10-29-2019, 09:07 PM
I think Richard said it best in another post...

I think the team is playing very well but to suggest in some sort of fashion that even for 10 minutes, we are not better off having an 80% Jozy (whatever the number is) as an option is crazy.

The good problem we have is that TFC has filled Vanney's cupboards pretty well. But still Vanney knows which of his seven subs isn't playing...no matter what. Moor, Gonzalez, Deleon, Mullins, Bono, Lareya and Gallardo were on the bench last game. if Jozy can play have him there, problem is who do you replace? I like them all for different reasons.

Just my opinion.

Omar will start, pushing Ciman to the bench which leaves out Moor. Then I think you put in Jozy for Mullins if you want like-for-like, or for Gallardo since he seems to never get in anyway.

notthesun
10-29-2019, 10:17 PM
I feel like Jozy only sees the pitch if we need a goal. I don't know if he'll even make the 18.

I don't think Gallardo gets any minutes in these playoffs either, he's barely played. He's a project for next season. We can only be putting guys out there that we know what we'll get at this point. DeLeon is going to be the wide player sub.

Blindside16
10-30-2019, 05:04 AM
GAME DAY!!!

I am cautiously optimistic. I can't help but feel that this game is ours for the taking. The core of this team knows how to rise to the occasion under pressure. Two years ago we ran the Mexican gauntlet and came within a Delgado sitter from being Champions of Concacaf. Granted this team has seen a fair amount of turnover since then, but there is a core that remains the same. This Atlanta team is beatable and the pressure is all on them. The reigning champs, at home, against a team that is possibly without it's main striker. All the "experts" have already written us off. I like it. Let them crown Atlanta in their pre-game predictions. I relish the underdog role.

With that being said, I can't see Jozy starting. He will probably make the bench as a threat late if needed. But this game calls for speed. Atlanta's backline it foot slow and can be exploited with speed. I think we go with the same line up as the NYC game. The only change I might make is starting Laryea over Morrow.

PawTar711
10-30-2019, 06:04 AM
:flare::flare::scarf: this has to happen right here and right now, that we cant lose to a team that was only good as of recent times, I think seattle is waiting for us to continue this derby I call the XBOX Derby because if we have money in Toronto and were able to play Seattle again for their sponsored by XBOX Its the sam reason I think I need my red This is our house jersey from Erin Mills to come down to the stadium sometime soon with someone special if only I could have a coffee or you know, some good old Piwo in the meantime, cheers.:flare:

Hamilton_Red
10-30-2019, 08:41 AM
This is the deepest squad that TFC has ever had. The depth we have right now is a huge advantage for switching tactics mid game and overcoming injuries. We are quietly confident despite Jozy being injured.

Did anyone else look at RuiDiaz’s performance and think that he is looking like the new Giovinco? Would very much like to go to Seattle to see us in the Cup.

benito
10-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Did anyone else look at RuiDiaz’s performance and think that he is looking like the new Giovinco? Would very much like to go to Seattle to see us in the Cup.

Ruidiaz played really well last night. Definitely the man of the match and his performance was entertaining to watch.

DinamoTFC
10-30-2019, 08:57 AM
I have a good feeling about tonight. We have so much huge experience in the past few years in huge, competitive games. Our experience will be our advantage.

pfk
10-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Alan Kelly is the ref tonight.https://twitter.com/PROreferees/status/1189527709900251136

ManUtd4ever
10-30-2019, 09:24 AM
Regardless of the outcome, I'm proud of the boys for overcoming adversity and making it this far. It's going to be a very tough environment tonight.

pfk
10-30-2019, 09:28 AM
Don't forget the boys are riding a 12-game unbeaten streak. I have a good feeling about tonight. We got this.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 09:36 AM
Atlanta talk is

"Oh my gosh, we now have a free lane to a repeat"

stevep
10-30-2019, 09:41 AM
I have a good feeling about tonight. We have so much huge experience in the past few years in huge, competitive games. Our experience will be our advantage.

I believe in our last 3 playoff years of 2016, 2017 and 2019 we have not lose one playoff game in regulation time!

RealG-TFC
10-30-2019, 09:44 AM
A part of me thinks Vanney comes out with a surprise in the lineup. He's done it before.

noxx98
10-30-2019, 09:56 AM
I believe in our last 3 playoff years of 2016, 2017 and 2019 we have not lose one playoff game in regulation time!
We lost the first leg against Montreal in 2016 3-2 and the second leg against NYRB 1-0 in 2017, although we were able to win each of these over the two legs.

stevep
10-30-2019, 10:04 AM
We lost the first leg against Montreal in 2016 3-2 and the second leg against NYRB 1-0 in 2017, although we were able to win each of these over the two legs.

oh yeah, forgot about those events

Section_105
10-30-2019, 10:25 AM
That game last night had a bunch of everything and has made me both super excited for today and full of nerves. crazy.

really really hoping for the 3 peat rubber match.

stevep
10-30-2019, 12:39 PM
oh yeah, forgot about those events

now that i recall that NYRB game, I was at that game.
goofy goal by NYRB off the defection, and we were a missed BWP sitter from being out.

scary memory, anyways just shows anything can happen tonight

TFC TFC

pfk
10-30-2019, 01:17 PM
now that i recall that NYRB game, I was at that game.
goofy goal by NYRB off the defection, and we were a missed BWP sitter from being out.

scary memory, anyways just shows anything can happen tonight

TFC TFC

The 2017 home legs of the NYRB and Crew games were very tight affairs. The NYRB game had the tunnel incident (Penso reffing). The Crew game was 1-0 on a Jozy goal; Bradley made a game-saving tackle near the end of the game. We then dominated the Sounders in the Finals.

Section_105
10-30-2019, 02:45 PM
I CAN"T WORK! COME ON GAME TIME. (and fuck I'm nervous)

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 03:38 PM
The 2017 home legs of the NYRB and Crew games were very tight affairs. The NYRB game had the tunnel incident (Penso reffing). The Crew game was 1-0 on a Jozy goal; Bradley made a game-saving tackle near the end of the game. We then dominated the Sounders in the Finals.
I will add the caveat that RBNY are the dirtiest scum off all time. They should have finished every game with 8 players. They had no interest in playing the game and the officials let them get away with murder

MightyDM
10-30-2019, 03:43 PM
A part of me thinks Vanney comes out with a surprise in the lineup. He's done it before.

EDIT: with Jozy.

stevep
10-30-2019, 04:08 PM

don't think so

on bet365 odds for atlanta win dropped to 1.66 from 1.80
this happened 15 minutes ago, somebody knows something

Canary10
10-30-2019, 04:12 PM

I really hope Jozy plays. Seems unlikely. The fact he got an MRI is a big red flag.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 04:50 PM
In with a chance

Expect to lose

Hope to compete

No pressure on us tonight as we are expected to crash and burn

Rather be us than any other team in this league

ensco
10-30-2019, 04:56 PM
The news on Jozy dropped too early. To me it means there’s no hope he plays.

It was done to influence who Atlanta would put in the 18.

If he were good to go, that would have dropped only as close to game time as possible

Auzzy
10-30-2019, 04:56 PM
Alan Kelly is the ref tonight.https://twitter.com/PROreferees/status/1189527709900251136

He's the guy from Ireland, I thought he started very well in the league. However later I remember that he would let way too much stuff go, hacking etc. If the player's leg wasn't a bloody stump after a tackle, he would wave on. Do I remember correctly?

Brooker
10-30-2019, 06:16 PM
I'm stuck at work. Is it gonna be on radio?

69Chevy396
10-30-2019, 06:17 PM
He's the guy from Ireland, I thought he started very well in the league. However later I remember that he would let way too much stuff go, hacking etc. If the player's leg wasn't a bloody stump after a tackle, he would wave on. Do I remember correctly?
With both teams from LA and NYC out, does anybody believe the ref will give TFC any breaks tonight on close calls? Bet Garber has been shitting himself all day worrying about another low rating Seattle-TFC final.

James17930
10-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Exact same lineup.

No Jozy on the bench. I don't like seeing Ciman in there. You put Omar back in. That shouldn't even be a question.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIKYOfDWkAIVy5q.jpg:large

Auzzy
10-30-2019, 06:20 PM
Gonzalez on the bench?

No surprises otherwise. I hope this fuckin' team fuckin' works. So thin in the striker department.

tfcfans
10-30-2019, 06:25 PM
Omar for Ciman is the obvious move despite two decent games in a row - we all “hope” Ciman plays well, but I’m much more confident in Omar playing well. Lareya as a sub versus starting for Auro is debatable both ways to me in terms of Lareyas offensive ability being more effective when teams are “tired” rather than at the start of the game - offensively this is tough though - hope a miracle is in there somewhere....

James17930
10-30-2019, 06:28 PM
Omar for Ciman is the obvious move despite two decent games in a row - we all “hope” Ciman plays well, but I’m much more confident in Omar playing well. Lareya as a sub versus starting for Auro is debatable both ways to me in terms of Lareyas offensive ability being more effective when teams are “tired” rather than at the start of the game - offensively this is tough though - hope a miracle is in there somewhere....

Exactly. Ciman has played well, but all it takes is one moment of him deciding to lunge in and we could be screwed.

Overall I like Vanney, but one of his faults is he's sometimes overly-loyal to players.

Oldtimer
10-30-2019, 06:35 PM
I'm stuck at work. Is it gonna be on radio?

Nope. NFL game instead.

jloome
10-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Exactly. Ciman has played well, but all it takes is one moment of him deciding to lunge in and we could be screwed.

Overall I like Vanney, but one of his faults is he's sometimes overly-loyal to players.

I think Ciman's well-suited to Atlanta. We stay at home when those two are back there, and Atlanta loves to counter, so it won't suit them. IF we were playing higher with the back line Gonzalez would be in there.

DavemTFC
10-30-2019, 06:45 PM
I guess you could argue it's a risk to start a guy coming off an injury in a playoff game but it's only been 3 and a half weeks.

Ciman has been much better the last couple of months, and he had his best game of the year against NYC so I'm not too worried. Still gonna be keeping my eye on him though

pfk
10-30-2019, 06:48 PM
Vanney playing 4-3-3.

Richard
10-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Lets do this boys!

For all the pomp and flash of those "sexy" teams it sure amounted to nothing.

Toronto VS Seattle is the final MLS deserves, us two are still the true champions of the past 4 years, we just gave the other teams a chance last year. g:D

Valdal
10-30-2019, 06:58 PM
anyone have a stream please love you long time

James17930
10-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Here's the Fox Sports stream. If I find something better I'll post it later.

http://cdn.livetv224.me/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1240977&lang=en&eid=866831&lid=1240977&ci=64&si=1

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Man Endoh looks nervous. Almost hyper-ventilating!

jloome
Gonzalez on the bench?

No surprises otherwise. I hope this fuckin' team fuckin' works. So thin in the striker department.

You know, the way he's played in spot duty this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they've made a 10 goal a season guy out of Endoh. He looks dangerous a lot these days.

OgtheDim
Lets go boyz

jloome
10-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Meanwhile, Martinez looks like he just ate Roberto Duran.

portu
10-30-2019, 07:17 PM
You know, the way he's played in spot duty this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they've made a 10 goal a season guy out of Endoh. He looks dangerous a lot these days.

Endoh always looked to be good. Guy can ball.

Red Adder
10-30-2019, 07:22 PM
COYR! And a sake toast - Give us a goal Tsubasah !

jloome
We're playing a high line against Atlanta. Insane.

OgtheDim
Bradley offside trap fail

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Whats Bradley doing there?

tfcfans
Well that fast.....Go Seattle.....:facepalm:

sn0re
Bradley offside trap fail

That was fast

James17930
Fucking hell.

portu
I'm sorry that was offside. Bullshit.

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry that was offside. Bullshit.
Was it though? Looked like he was on based on the replay.

Ciman has to mark tighter there. Can’t afford to have that final pass released

jloome
10-30-2019, 07:26 PM
Well this is looking disastrous

notthesun
10-30-2019, 07:26 PM
... why are playing that high a line? Madness against a team like Atlanta. We got caught with our pants down after pressing up the pitch.

jloome
10-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Why on Earth would we play a high line against Atlanta? It just seems arrogant and insane.

OgtheDim
Their defence is not that good.

But Bradley is having a shocker

portu
Michael really doesn't want that option year triggered.

Actually that was not a penalty jesus we're getting fucked by the refs tonight.

Richard
10-30-2019, 07:28 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

jloome
Dive.
Fuck me.

ag futbol
That’s bullshit, he went down really easily

JonO
How does that not go to VAR? Ridiculous

jloome
Justice.

SirBobSaget
Barely a touch what a joke

benito
10-30-2019, 07:29 PM
Big stop. Justice being served for the dive.

jloome
It did, the ref waived it off I think.

Oh, you mean him checking it out. He doesn't have to take the advice.

Richard
What a fucking diving cunt.

DavemTFC
Ciman has played well, but all it takes is one moment of him deciding to lunge in and we could be screwed.
Looks like youre right. Forget everything I said earlier

Edit: I love Q

stevep
Ok ciman is scaring me

portu
10-30-2019, 07:30 PM
Westberg keeping us in it

Red Adder
Good on Westberg!

OgtheDim

Kelly never goes to VAR - he argues with the VAR and his standing orders are "unless you think I am totally wrong, don't show me"

zorsofstesab
Someone please tell me why Bradley appears to be playing centre back? Sorry, very confused at the moment.

SirBobSaget
Redeem yourself Bradley

leafsman
Why do we have VAR in mls? To use it to get the teams you want to win

jloome
Our. Back. Line. Is. Too. High.

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Yes!

Fuck pro, fuck Var, fuck Atlanta, and fuck Alan Kelly

benito
Yeessssssss!

jloome
Mais oui!

Inklink
Gonzales should be in there maybe

wopchop
10-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Beauty Benezet!

oranje boven
Well son of a gun....

OgtheDim
Our. Back. Line. Is. Too. High.

Yup

But their defence is stunningly sloppy

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 07:33 PM
Woooohoooo!!!

portu
Holy shit Ciman to Benezet and into the net. That might be my favourite goal. I didn't think it was in until it was in.

Inklink
Beauty!

Richard
Suck on that.

Leedsoronto
Cracking game gromit !!

jloome
Yup

But their defence is stunningly sloppy

We do have the advantage that they're playing two centre halfs out of position as wingbacks.

stevep
10-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Ok ciman is scaring me

Ok who else do you want me to criticize?
Whoever I criticize makes a great play

Richard
Championship response.

portu
Someone please tell me why Bradley appears to be playing centre back? Sorry, very confused at the moment.

I genuinely think he doesn't trust Ciman. Like when you're playing Sunday league and you don't trust your fullback so you track back way more as the winger.

James17930
10-30-2019, 07:35 PM
My heart can't take this.

Blkndkr
10-30-2019, 07:36 PM
No surrender in that Frenchman.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 07:37 PM
I genuinely think he doesn't trust Ciman. Like when you're playing Sunday league and you don't trust your fullback so you track back way more as the winger.

Well Ciman blew the play that led to their penalty by going to ground so....

zorsofstesab
10-30-2019, 07:39 PM
We need Poz more involved in play. Get him the ball please!!

benito
10-30-2019, 07:40 PM
We need Poz more involved in play. Get him the ball please!!

He’s been invisible so far.

jloome
10-30-2019, 07:41 PM
He’s been invisible so far.

We've been on the break mostly and he's playing a false nine. Cant' do much without some buildup.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 07:45 PM
Gotta work through their press better.

jloome
10-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Bradley's ending up centrally by design. We're funneling them into a central zone to double team their strikers. The first two attempts over the top didn't work so well because we were too high, but the idea is that even if they beat the backline, Bradley is supposed to be quick enough to drop into a sweeper role and challenge the ball.

zorsofstesab
10-30-2019, 07:49 PM
I think Larryea will cause some grief to the Atlanta back four when/if he is inserted. Keep it close until he comes on.

oranje boven
10-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Looks like Benezet and Endoh have switched sides... interesting cause Benezet scored by cutting in from the left

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 07:52 PM
Constantly lobbing up balls to the non existent hold up man at the half-line. Looking bad

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 07:54 PM
What a load of shit that call was. If Kelly is going to cal garbage like that it will be a long night

zorsofstesab
10-30-2019, 07:55 PM
Are Osorio and Delgado on the field? I can't seem to find them.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 07:56 PM
Looks like Benezet and Endoh have switched sides... interesting cause Benezet scored by cutting in from the left

Endoh is more defensively minded - they were using Gressel all the time.

Defence looking very circa 2018 out there.

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 07:57 PM
Jeez Bradley is looking rattled punted a ball under no pressure.

jloome
10-30-2019, 08:00 PM
Osorio isn't seeing what's there tonight. EDIT: Or maybe he's just being super disciplined. I thought he had a clear run to the box there.

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Need Mullins on for Endoh to offer some semblance of hold up play

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Benezet is walking. Might have picked up a knock. Half time sub I suspect. He' been wasteful since his goal.

Mullins for?

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 08:02 PM
I mean, I appreciate aspects of this formation but when you look up and Pozuelo has dropped in making Delgado the most advanced player, that doesn’t exactly strike me as “we’re going to score”

James17930
10-30-2019, 08:03 PM
Too many cutesy little back passes. Just run into space and be direct.

GBV
10-30-2019, 08:05 PM
does wileman ever shut up?
no more "tidbits" or "fun facts" please.
this ain't baseball.

jloome
10-30-2019, 08:05 PM
LOL. "Who're you gonna call..."

Originality busters, apparently.

oranje boven
10-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Whew....if not for a great Westberg save would have been down 2-0 after 10. Now 1-1 at half... I’ll take it, let’s get em

SirBobSaget
Kelly calling half 15 sec short of 2 mins when TFC had a chance to send the ball back in ... ?

ag futbol
I’ll take it. Maybe this is my naivety but think the longer this goes the more things favour us.

notthesun
10-30-2019, 08:08 PM
We need to get Pozo on the ball more

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:09 PM
Vanney is right about having the free guys be Bradley & a CB - people not getting into spaces enough.

HalfCanadian
10-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Can we reinstate visitor goal just for the remaining half please!!! :drum:

tfcfans
Halftime 1-1 - a blessing - do we go to Omar, Lareya and DeLeon soon?

rydermike
How are Atlanta's subs? Inserting Laryea and Mullins can completely alter our formation and mess them up. Anything like that for them?

Oldtimer
10-30-2019, 08:12 PM
A change to a 3-5-2 could help, but if Benezet is injured I don't think it can work.

rydermike
10-30-2019, 08:12 PM
Atlanta watering both halves of the field.

stevep
10-30-2019, 08:13 PM
does wileman ever shut up?
no more "tidbits" or "fun facts" please.
this ain't baseball.

Exactly. He is driving me nuts

DavemTFC
10-30-2019, 08:14 PM
This isn't going to stay tied for long unless we change something. Other than tweaking players' positions I wonder if an early sub is warranted. The Fox commentators mentioned Atlanta was pushing their fullbacks forward partly because there was no real speed on the wings to worry about (plus Endoh and Benezet were dropping into midfield to defend) so I wonder if this might be the playoff game, if any, to use Gallardo in

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:15 PM
How are Atlanta's subs? Inserting Laryea and Mullins can completely alter our formation and mess them up. Anything like that for them?

Ambrose is the defensive sub. They have a lot of attacking power on the bench in Meram, Villalba & Remedi.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Endoh for Laryea says twitter

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Endoh for Laryea says twitter

Good call Endoh looked overwhelmed and panicked since the anthem. He was not ready for this

DavemTFC
10-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Laryea on (yay!) but are we really putting Auro at CB???

James17930
10-30-2019, 08:24 PM
Who did Laryea come on for? I didn't see.

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Laryea on (yay!) but are we really putting Auro at CB???

He's replacing Endoh on right side of the front 3. So frustrating Atlant getting every call tonight

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:26 PM
Benezet's lack of defensive responsibility is causing us to have to compress backwards - this will not end well

zorsofstesab
Anyone get the feeling that we are going to get screwed by the ref?

ag futbol
This has to change. We can’t hang our hat on Pozuelo playing hold up man

portu
10-30-2019, 08:28 PM
Jesus we could really use a striker. Maybe Oso off and Mullins on.

NK Toronto
10-30-2019, 08:28 PM
We are losing every 50/50 battle.

James17930
10-30-2019, 08:29 PM
We need speed.

We need Gallardo.

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Do we get an extra sub if this goes for a full 120?

portu
We're going to lose this match due to poor squad building and that's really it. Not having a real back-up to your constantly injured striker is a bad plan. Who knew.

OgtheDim
Do we get an extra sub if this goes for a full 120?

Tied after 90, 1 extra sub.

PaceyWinger
10-30-2019, 08:32 PM
We could use a midfielder who can receive a pass and not blindly pass it into space 20 yards from the nearest teammate. Not even close to connected. enough. It's bad. But it is still 1-1.

jloome
10-30-2019, 08:34 PM
Damn Wileman talks a lot....

NK Toronto
10-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Right now I would take my chances with penalties.

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 08:37 PM
How is that not a foul on Laryea? What a joke

James17930
10-30-2019, 08:38 PM
How long does the keeper have to wait to pick up the ball after a back pass? 3 secs? 5 secs?

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:39 PM
We been outplayed in playoff games/series in the last few years.

But we havn't lost a playoff series/ one off game since Montreal in 2015. Tonight feels like that in some ways - the weaknesses of the team stark against a superior opponent.

PaceyWinger
10-30-2019, 08:39 PM
These refs are smoking crack. and not even just non calls against us.

jloome
10-30-2019, 08:42 PM
That offside rule is retarded and we're going to get an injured player as a result.

I Mean, Martinez was five feet offside.

wopchop
10-30-2019, 08:42 PM
This delayed offside is garbage, sorry.

JonO
10-30-2019, 08:43 PM
MLS need to revisit the way they handle offside. No need for the linesman to keep the flag down on that one.

Richard
Why do they let the blatant off sides go.

ag futbol
Agreed he was offside by 5 yards.

The rule is not there so you can play through an obvious offside

zorsofstesab
10-30-2019, 08:44 PM
1 sub remaining. Be careful Vanney.

EDIT - no subs left.....Fuck it, go for it.

613reppingTFC
10-30-2019, 08:44 PM
Can't believe Pogba has gotten away with those two calls

DavemTFC
10-30-2019, 08:45 PM
He's replacing Endoh on right side of the front 3. So frustrating Atlant getting every call tonight
Which makes more sense. Vanney told the Fox interviewer just before the half they were switching to more of a "3-5-2"

zorsofstesab
10-30-2019, 08:46 PM
Are Osorio and Delgado on the field? I can't seem to find them.

Bueller, bueller.

Still cannot seem to find them.

SirBobSaget
10-30-2019, 08:46 PM
That offside rule is retarded and we're going to get an injured player as a result.

I Mean, Martinez was five feet offside.

Not defending the offside decision but Auro was injured upfield despite the offside call.

PaceyWinger
10-30-2019, 08:48 PM
the yellow card strategy is not smart. keep with your man.

daner90
It would be a lot easier for Barco to just stay on the ground so he wouldn't have to waste energy running around and diving

James17930
Okay we can't keep doing these tactical yellows because they might accidentally lead to a red.

OgtheDim
10-30-2019, 08:51 PM
You know, for a team just whipping us in midfield, they are not getting that many clear cut chances.

jloome
10-30-2019, 08:51 PM
Man, Ciman special there...

ag futbol
10-30-2019, 08:53 PM
Have we won a ball in midfield all game? Jesus

jloome
10-30-2019, 08:54 PM
Wonder goal!

benito
10-30-2019, 08:54 PM
Wow!