PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 09 cover with Edu?!

MKR
08-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey,
I was looking at EB games upcoming releases and couldn't help but notice that "we" made the cover.
check it out:

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/190518bm.jpg

pretty cool i suppose.
It also made me realise that Maurice Edu is one overrated player seeing what he brought to the table this year. Haha. I wonder what his player rating is going to be?

In any case, it's pretty good for team exposure.

RealG-TFC
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
That's pretty damn cool!!1

Stryker
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
His stats were already overrated in Fifa 08.
Good exposure for the team though. Shame the team logo got cut out.

RealG-TFC
08-05-2008, 11:34 AM
I still think he has good in him. He's just been having a shitty year..

Danbwoy
08-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Mo Edu is a sweet dude.

LucaGol
08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
F*ck you EA for making Mo Edu's head as big as the Epcot centre.

That's probably part of the reason why he's been playing like crap....his head is in the clouds with all this attention.

Edit: Putting Edu on the cover is probably nothing more than the boys at EA headquarters in Vancouver giving TFC and Canada a little props.

RealG-TFC
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
^^ proly

Carts
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Mo will rebound - and come into form (I hope sooner rather than later)...

Awesome that we made the cover...

Carts...

adampz
08-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Heres a link for a video with mo edu
http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&vid=9982cd94-bca0-483f-88a4-182fcfb7b303&fg=rss&from=33

Kickit09
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
the big winner here is bank of montreal

ilikemusic
08-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Thats awesome!

I didnt buy 08 because I really didnt like the 360 build of that game but I have no choice but to buy it now. TFC on the cover isnt going to happen every year. Even if it is Edu.

And BMO must be over the moon! :p

MG42
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
the big winner here is bank of montreal

lol for sure they are...they should have at least had the TFC crest visible...but hey who's complaining, it's cool...let's hope they actually have BMO Field in it this time.

adampz
08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
lol for sure they are...they should have at least had the TFC crest visible...but hey who's complaining, it's cool...let's hope they actually have BMO Field in it this time. Theres supposed to be 15 new stadiums in the game, they have yet to be named though

Dunc
08-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Last I heard, they still aren't including the fucking CMNT in the game.

MG42
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM

That is so sad...you have to go back to world cup '06 to find CMNT in an EA game

Parkdale
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
hmmm......

I'd bet that's just a mock up of the cover. I just can't see EA releasing the game with a prominent BMO logo on the cover. Product placement is a big thing in video games, and without some cash from BMO, I doubt they'd get their logo on the cover.

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM

That's probably part of the reason why he's been playing like crap....his head is in the clouds with all this attention.

Edit: Putting Edu on the cover is probably nothing more than the boys at EA headquarters in Vancouver giving TFC and Canada a little props.

Yeah, the FIFA games are made at EA Canada. I'm sure the guys there were just waiting for a good excuse to put a Toronto FC player on the cover. Edu's rookie of the year status from last season gave them that opportunity.

I am also pretty optimistic that BMO Field will be in the game, given the "fame" it has now garnered amongst MLS followers.

- Scott

RealG-TFC
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM

on 08 they had Australia and fucking New Zealand!!!! And no Canada! Fuck EA Canada!!

adampz
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
hmmm......

I'd bet that's just a mock up of the cover. I just can't see EA releasing the game with a prominent BMO logo on the cover. Product placement is a big thing in video games, and without some cash from BMO, I doubt they'd get their logo on the cover. Parkys right, this definetly wont be the cover they sell worldwide, maybe the cover they sell in canada.

ACSertL
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Again with Ronaldinho?

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Parkys right, this definetly wont be the cover they sell worldwide, maybe the cover they sell in canada.

They always have different covers, to appeal to the different regions they release the game in.

Rooney was featured as the main player on the FIFA 08 cover in England. I've heard that it was apparently Ronaldinho in the US. And going from memory (at work), I believe Jozy Altidore was on the cover here as well.

- Scott

nimamalek
08-05-2008, 12:05 PM
he is not overrated i think our expectation was too high for a second year player. Give him a couple of years.

Parkdale
08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
he is not overrated i think our expectation was too high for a second year player. Give him a couple of years.

how many goals does he have for us this year? The one that was actually a defenders mistake?

romburgundy
08-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I wonder if this is only for North American Release and a different cover will go to the UK and Europe?

MKR
08-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh it's certainly going to be the cover for all North America and not for other regions (europe, Asia, etc.) EA always do that.

Yes, last year we had Altidore and that Mexican keeper, and Ronaldinho.

But i don't think its a mock though. I got from EB games' official website, so it's more than likely the one that will be used.

And i totally agree that this will probably go to Mo's head. Dude has been a complete letdown and not-deserving of the hype.

Torcida
08-05-2008, 12:16 PM
First Brennan is the only TFC player to make the all-star game, now this?

:shocked: :skep:

jaahuuu
08-05-2008, 12:18 PM
how many goals does he have for us this year? The one that was actually a defenders mistake?
Last time I checked those still counted the same.

Nodoubtguy
08-05-2008, 12:20 PM
First Brennan is the only TFC player to make the all-star game, now this?

:shocked: :skep:

Just wondering, who else do you think deserved to make the All-Star team?

Parkdale
Last time I checked those still counted the same.

okay.... so he has one goal on paper, even though he didn't score it himself.

to paraphrase: he hasn't score any goals by himself this year.

MG42

Once again I present to you the Mo Edu website...watch for such great topics as;

-goal celebration voting

-"Mo's Story"

-"Mo Cap"

and many others! Enjoy! LOL

http://www.mauriceedu.com/edu/index

Alarius
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM
They usually have a MLS Player on the cover of the North American edition. Last years edition had Ochoa, Ronaldinho and Altidore on the cover.

EDIT: Lol someone posted the above info before me.

Torcida
08-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Edu is not in the game to score goals even though his hilarious poll on his website might make you think so (the first option is 5-10 goals for this season). Goalscoring is just one aspect of a midfielder's game and from watching Edu this season he has been terrible at every aspect of the game, especially passing, I have never seen a midfielder give the ball away so much since Andy Welsh...

MKR
08-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Edu is not in the game to score goals even though his hilarious poll on his website might make you think so (the first option is 5-10 goals for this season). Goalscoring is just one aspect of a midfielder's game and from watching Edu this season he has been terrible at every aspect of the game, especially passing, I have never seen a midfielder give the ball away so much since Andy Welsh...

Or Carl Robinson! ;)

Nodoubtguy
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
From the wikipedia page from Fifa 09 (supposedly the North American Cover).....no Edu
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/FIFA09.PNG

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2008, 12:31 PM
From the wikipedia page from Fifa 09 (supposedly the North American Cover).....no Edu
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/FIFA09.PNG

There is a gap on Ochoa's left shoulder though, where another player clearly should go. My guess is that THIS was probably either a) Photoshop job, or b) a work in progress.

- Scott

MKR
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lbox/200503bm.jpg
again, off of EB games - this time the xbox 360 section.

also, when you look at the screen shots section, there are about 4 of maurice edu alone. and in an all-red kit (no white shorts) - making me think that he will be on the cover. They usually give a lot of preview-type screen shots to players who are on the cover.

Nodoubtguy
08-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Anyone else notice the "FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY".....maybe not the actual game cover....

Detroit_TFC
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Thats awesome!

I didnt buy 08 because I really didnt like the 360 build of that game but I have no choice but to buy it now. TFC on the cover isnt going to happen every year. Even if it is Edu.

And BMO must be over the moon! :p

QFT+++

Quite a coup for BMO. Also, it will really wind up the haters on Big Soccer, ha!

SilverSamurai
08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
TFC logo could show up on the 360/PS3 cover as the PSP box is thinner...

BMO Field in a game? W/ streamers? lol
I might have to buy this game...

Damien
08-05-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.cynamite.de/imgserver/bdb/241600/241616/Detail.jpghttp://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs32/300W/f/2008/216/d/8/FIFA_2009_Cover_by_DARK_THREATdoteu.jpg

Also....

http://www.fifa2009news.com/possible-fifa-soccer-09-cover-revealed/

A lot of unofficial FIFA 09 covers keep appearing, but I think I’ve found something that looks pretty legit.

This could be the cover for FIFA Soccer 09, which means it’s the US-version of FIFA Soccer 09.

The cover shows Guillermo Ochoa, Ronaldinoho, who both was on the US-cover last year, and Maurice Edu has replaced Jazy Altidore this year.

nascarguy
08-05-2008, 02:54 PM
TFC logo could show up on the 360/PS3 cover as the PSP box is thinner...

BMO Field in a game? W/ streamers? lol
I might have to buy this game... I know I would but I would get mo to sign it

TheRenter
08-05-2008, 02:55 PM
pretty sweet!!

dupont
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
http://fifa09.ea.com/us/readnews/entryid/24862

TORONTO FC STAR MAURICE EDU NAMED THE NEW FACE OF EA SPORTS FIFA SOCCER 09

2008-08-05 Edu To Become First MLS Player Created as Customized Mii™ REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 5, 2008 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced that Toronto FC star Maurice Edu is taking his game to the cover of the world’s most popular soccer videogame* where he will join Brazilian International Ronaldinho and Mexican national team goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa as cover athletes and spokespersons for EA SPORTS™ FIFA Soccer 09 in the United States, Canada and other regions in North America.

Edu will also become the first and only Major League Soccer player to appear as a customized Mii™ character exclusively for the Wii™ home video game system in FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play. EA SPORTS has created a unique version of Edu and his character will be playable alongside some of the world’s biggest soccer stars, including Ronaldinho, Wayne Rooney, Franck Ribéry and others— all created as special Mii characters exclusively for FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play.

“I got a kick out of my Mii because it looks like he has a lot of fun on the pitch and he’s capable of pulling off some wild moves,” said Edu. “It’s fun to take control of my character and blast outrageous shots on goal with a flick of the wrist. I’ve never played soccer like this before.”

One of the rising stars of MLS and the U.S. Men’s National Team, Edu is in his second season with Toronto FC after being selected first overall in the 2007 MLS Superdraft and then being named MLS Rookie of the Year. Edu has earned caps with the US National Team and is currently training with the U.S. Under-23 Men’s National Team in Beijing. The 22-year-old midfielder was born and raised in Fontana, California, and prior to joining Toronto FC, played three seasons at the University of Maryland, winning the NCAA National Championship in 2005.

Earlier this month Edu participated in a body motion capture session with the EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 09 videogame development team at EA Canada in Burnaby, British Columbia. During the session Edu’s body movements, individual moves and playing style were captured and digitized, and will become the life-like movement of his virtual self in FIFA Soccer 09 and future versions of the game.

Packaging for FIFA Soccer 09, the Mii version of Edu, photos of Edu’s motion capture session, and screenshots can be downloaded at http://info.ea.com.

dupont
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
So it looks like he is indeed the cover star for the north american release of fifa fro xbox, ps3 and wii.

and it's funny about how the tutorial mode for wii has his mii character. i wonder how close it looks to him.

mdc 77
08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
and the ego grows...haha

I remember reading that Mo helped with the production of the game, with player moves and such at the EA studios when TFC played in Vancouver.

Stryker
08-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I can't believe Edu got onto Fifa's cover. Thats just utter and complete horseshit. That kid must have been born with a horseshoe up his ass cause nobody seems to recognize him for talentless hack he actually is.
Oh well... hopefully this is just more leverage Mo can use to fleece some other team with when they finally trade him.

GabrielHurl
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
That kid must have been born with a horseshoe up his ass cause nobody seems to recognize him for talentless hack he actually is.

:noidea:

Stryker
08-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok your right he's not a talentless hack. But IMO he's marginally better than the average centerman in the league.
Just gets me so angry when there's so many other players who deserve that honour more. Dero and Jimmy B being good examples.

Canadian Blue
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Shame the team logo got cut out.

MLSE probably wanted too much money for the use of the logo

Rudi
08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
He's a defensive midfielder.

GabrielHurl
08-05-2008, 05:42 PM
okay.... so he has one goal on paper, even though he didn't score it himself.

to paraphrase: he hasn't score any goals by himself this year.

so he didn't score the goal in DC either?

GjDdeDVbrb8

Keegan
08-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Man EDU IS SHIT

How can they not have CANADA in the game? They have Austria, Finland and NEW ZEALAND?

FUCK EA

Julian De Guzman would look sick on the North American cover instead of Mo if you want to give Canada props. But then again they could put Canada in the game.... I mean our WHOLE TEAM is in the game anyways how hard is it to put them together?

dantdot
08-05-2008, 06:52 PM
No Canada? I was going to buy it this year cause it's looking better than PES for the first time but fuck 'em, I'm downloading it.

adampz
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
lol I was watching the tv guide channel, and in the little info part, it said " Toronto fc STAR maurice edu will grace the cover of fifa 09 by appearing on it". Hes not a bad player, but since when do we have any real Star players on tfc?

SilverSamurai
08-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Man EDU IS SHIT

How can they not have CANADA in the game? They have Austria, Finland and NEW ZEALAND?

FUCK EA

Julian De Guzman would look sick on the North American cover instead of Mo if you want to give Canada props. But then again they could put Canada in the game.... I mean our WHOLE TEAM is in the game anyways how hard is it to put them together?
WTF? NO Canadian national team? This is a joke right?
I'd LOVE to get JDG on the cover, but hardly anyone would recognize him, even here in Canada! Sad but true. :(

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-05-2008, 07:37 PM
That is so sad...you have to go back to world cup '06 to find CMNT in an EA game
What they do is they only stick every national team in the 'Road to the World Cup' FIFA games, which come out every World Cup year. They started it in '98, then 2002 and 2006, and you can expect every FIFA nation to be in the 2010 version.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Man EDU IS SHIT

*points at signature*

:rolleyes:

Nodoubtguy
08-05-2008, 07:40 PM
at least the crest comes up in the PS3 edition....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/08/05/edu_fifa_cover_courtesy_260.jpg

SilverSamurai
08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
at least the crest comes up in the PS3 edition....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/08/05/edu_fifa_cover_courtesy_260.jpg
Ya, the PSP version is just because it's a thinner box. Only reason TFC logo didn't show up.

Kickit09
08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
im surprised so many people think canada should be in fifa 09. yeah it would be nice, but lets be realistic. soccer is the #1 sport in all the countries mentioned above (like austria, finland ,ect..), but in canada soccer is prob like 5th or 6th down the list... but yeah, it would of been nice.

ilikemusic
08-05-2008, 09:59 PM
im surprised so many people think canada should be in fifa 09. yeah it would be nice, but lets be realistic. soccer is the #1 sport in all the countries mentioned above (like austria, finland ,ect..), but in canada soccer is prob like 5th or 6th down the list... but yeah, it would of been nice.

In the US soccer is probably like number 5 or 6 as well. Whats your point?

The Canadian team is competitive with both the US and Mexico. There is no good reason for us not to be included and it really is bullshit.

dantdot
08-05-2008, 10:00 PM
It's made in Canada for fuck sake, someone kick the developers in the balls.

Kickit09
08-05-2008, 10:09 PM
The Canadian team is competitive with both the US and Mexico.

:smilielol5:

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
*sigh*

I'm not sure what the dumbest post yet in this thread was... Too many candidates.:rolleyes:

Canary Canuck
08-05-2008, 11:02 PM

Not to nit pick but Hockey is bigger than soccer in Finland and Soccer barely registers in New Zealand behind Rugby and Cricket

Stryker
08-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Cool that the BMO logo is on the jersey. It wasen't in Fifa 08.

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/2051/1217979195.jpg

Dunc
08-05-2008, 11:26 PM

They had New Zealand in FIFA 08. Soccer isn't the number one sport there either, and they aern't terribly good at it either. Their rating as a team in FIFA 08 was 1.5 stars out of 5.

I once put a Canadian team together and it rated at 3.5 stars. Not great, but better or as good as a ton of the national sides in that game. It cant be very much effort to put in another national side. While we might not stack up to other world powers, the fact is that there's a huge number of people in Canada that buy FIFA games from EA, so it would be nice if they show us a bit of appreciation and include our national team.

It really wouldn't be that much effort. Most of our national team players are already in the game with their club teams. When they put in Russia, China, New Zealand, and many other national teams, they actually have to put players on the squads that aren't found anywhere on club teams because they don't play on clubs included in the game.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-05-2008, 11:44 PM
I agree that they should probably have Canada in the game this year, seeing as football is virtually exploding in popularity in this country at the moment, and we have a good chance at making the World Cup... Hopefully when we qualify for South Africa 2010 we'll be a regular fixture in future FIFA games. ;)

And if they had BMO Field in this year's FIFA.... that would be AWESOME. I'm looking forward to hearing Martin Tyler and Andy Gray banter back and forth about TFC's great fan support...

Keegan
08-06-2008, 12:07 AM
:smilielol5:

How is that funny? Compare Canada to the US and Mexico and it is really close.

We have two of CONCACAF's best players in De Rosario and De Guzman. The latter being THE BEST in CONCACAF.

We should have beaten the US in the Gold Cup. So who is laughing now KickIt?

Kickit09
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
according to the FIFA website last time canada (mens) beat USA was 1985, last time canada beat mexico was 1990...how is that competitive?

sure i'd like canada to be in FIFA 09 and to be competitive with USA and mexico but lets be realistic people. are we all just a bunch of homers here.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-06-2008, 12:24 AM
according to the FIFA website last time canada (mens) beat USA was 1985, last time canada beat mexico was 1990...how is that competitive?

sure i'd like canada to be in FIFA 09 and to be competitive with USA and mexico but lets be realistic people. are we all just a bunch of homers here.
We beat Mexico 2-1 at the 2000 Gold Cup, and we came within a bullshit offside call of beating the USA last year at the tournament.:rolleyes:

And like people here are saying, De Guzman was named Deportivo's player of the year last year, and they're a big club. He's probably the best player in CONCACAF, not to mention we have DeRo (who again terrorized New England's defence tonight) and a host of other good young players. Rob Friend at Borussia Monchengladbach is no slouch either. I admit we've been a joke for ages, but Canada are on the way up.

Kickit09
08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
^ your right i missed that. so they beat mexico once in the past 17 years. thats still not very competitive. yes canada has gotten a lot better but i still wouldnt put them on the same level as mexico and USA. im just being realistic... but we'll see this september when they take on mexico. hopefully they win.

:canada:

ilikemusic
08-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Good to know youre arguing from an educated perspective kickit.

Who watches the Gold Cup anyway?:rolleyes:

KdotOdot
08-06-2008, 06:36 AM
The real question us Fifa nerds have is WILL BMO FIELD BE A PLAYABLE PITCH???!!??

Mango Kid
08-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Clearly, the Madden Jinx has grown to include all EA Sports games.

Phil
08-06-2008, 06:53 AM
I think Canada should be in there. The majority of the CMNT are already modeled and its largly produced in Vancouver.

At least there is TFC though. I think they had BMO on their shirts last year too.

MKR
08-06-2008, 06:54 AM

Yes it was. I have the 360 version and the PSP version. It appears in both.

I like that they've gone to an all-red kit.

Also, by the looks of that screenshot, it doesn't appear that BMO field is not in the game. Maybe they're adding it, but i would bet against it.

And just to add, i think Canada should definately be in the game.

dupont
08-06-2008, 07:29 AM
here is his mii character from the wii version training mode:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6725/fifa09mauriceedumiipb0.jpg

HAHA I love that shit!

SilverSamurai
08-06-2008, 08:17 AM
IGN article about FIFA 09
http://sports.ign.com/articles/896/896597p1.html

Wagner
08-06-2008, 08:23 AM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1186/fifa2009uh4.png

I think it's just a mock up.
it's the same pic that was in the PS3 poster they gave out at BMO.

Wolfe
08-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Does anyone know for sure if BMO or CMNT made the game?

t.o_moose
08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Clearly, the Madden Jinx has grown to include all EA Sports games.

I wouldn't say that.. it's VERY exclusive to Madden

...and maybe 1/3 of this year's Fifa release :rolleyes:

(and good on EA sports for attempting to break the Madden curse this year by putting a retired legend on the... oh wait :o)

ilikemusic
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
They jinxed his retirement. :p

But ya, its really just a Madden jinx. Wasnt Iginla on NHL 2003 or 2004 the yeat the Flames went to the Cup?

ricciboy
08-07-2008, 12:41 AM
why is rondalidinho on the cover for the 3rd time in a row i know he is a good player but plz 3 times in a row let some one else be on the cover like gerrard or torres

Keegan
08-07-2008, 02:03 AM

Pretty sure we beat both the US and Mexico in 1990

yah we did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_NAFC_Championship

Then we beat Mexico in 2000. We drew the USA in 2006. So we ARE competitive. Look it up, you don't need to beat a team to be competitive.

Not to mention our current team is about 1000 times better than all of those past Canada teams that beat/drew/whatever.

In the USA soccer is about 5/6 if lucky. In Canada it is easily the 3rd sport at least. Most played sport and increasingly popular on TV and in the news.

New Zealand in the game? wtf? The game barely registers over there, they like games such as Rugby, Cricket, Touch (still dont know what that is) and ya... I MEAN ANDREW BOYENS AND JARROD SMITH PLAY FOR THEM FFS. Considering those two aren't even good enough for TFC and our men's team would beat TFC probably 6-0.

Fort York Redcoat
08-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Hold on since when does a team have to be competitive to be in a video game? The game is made in Canada and the sport is making money here. -Real Question- Can one play as a New Zealand club team in FIFA 09? Canada should be in the game.

Steve
08-07-2008, 08:19 AM
They had New Zealand in FIFA 08. Soccer isn't the number one sport there either, and they aern't terribly good at it either. Their rating as a team in FIFA 08 was 1.5 stars out of 5.

I once put a Canadian team together and it rated at 3.5 stars. Not great, but better or as good as a ton of the national sides in that game. It cant be very much effort to put in another national side. While we might not stack up to other world powers, the fact is that there's a huge number of people in Canada that buy FIFA games from EA, so it would be nice if they show us a bit of appreciation and include our national team.

It really wouldn't be that much effort. Most of our national team players are already in the game with their club teams. When they put in Russia, China, New Zealand, and many other national teams, they actually have to put players on the squads that aren't found anywhere on club teams because they don't play on clubs included in the game.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. Yes, we're not the best national team (though we're better than some in the game) but we are a HUGE videogame market. Of the 40 national teams in the game, how many sell more copies of FIFA than Canada? I'm not saying we'd be first, but we wouldn't be last either. Add to that the fact that the game is made in Canada, and the lack of inclusion is ridiculous.

I think an email campaign of some sort has to be in order. It wouldn't take them much effort, hell, it could even be in a patch if the game is too far along.

torontofcfan
08-07-2008, 08:30 AM
nice i managed to get the torontofc name on the playstation network a year back and only play with tfc on that account looking forward to this new edition

Dalybro
08-07-2008, 11:07 AM

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/2051/1217979195.jpg

Last time I checked my Fifa 08 had BMO on the jerseys.

Wolfe
08-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know anybody at EA? I think that they could either

1. Create the Canadian team (likely very easy, most if not all players are already in the game so they would just have to do the uniforms and create the actual team file)

2. Release the team as a download or patch at a later date just like they do with roster updates (this would be the case if it is a little harder than I assume above)

3. Add a create a team feature like most other EA games (this would likely be hard and time consuming, although if the script between EA Sports titles are similar, then they may be able to use NHL or something like that with a few changes)

I think that 1 and 2 could also be options for adding BMO in case it isn't currently in the game.

Anyone know anyone to talk to there, or do we think we could do a petion and send it to them?

Or maybe RPB, NEE, USector, Voyageurs could each write up their own official letter and send it to the EA Sports people in Vancouver. That is of course if all these groups feel the same way people seem to around here.

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 09:03 PM
They even have New Zealand in FIFA Street 3.

Zeke_Jones
08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Team Canada is ranked one hundred and what according to FIFA rankings??????

When EA leaves out countries ranked in the 30's and 40's thats have players actually starting in top english clubs, spanish clubs and italian clubs what on earth makes you think CANADA deserves to be there???

Heres a better question......... If Team Canada were in FIFA 09 what would they be rated???????

king10
08-08-2008, 03:45 PM

When EA leaves out countries ranked in the 30's and 40's thats have players actually starting in top english clubs, spanish clubs and italian clubs what on earth makes you think CANADA deserves to be there???

Heres a better question......... If Team Canada were in FIFA 09 what would they be rated???????

canada is actually ranked 79th at the moment and the lowest is has ever been was 103rd for only a month

ilikemusic
08-08-2008, 04:16 PM

You talk as if it is a difficult task to put an extra team into a videogame.

Pop in the logo, the colours, and youre done. All the players are already in the game.

SQUIRREL
08-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I think we would be ranked a 2.5 to 3.5. Canada should be in the game for sure just due to the fact of what region the game is selling in.

Bars92
08-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I think we would be ranked a 2.5 to 3.5. Canada should be in the game for sure just due to the fact of what region the game is selling in.

Sure EA would maybe sell a few extra copies, but I think the FIFA video game franchise is comitted to some degree of integrity/ realism and Canada has not yet earned the right to be included.

Wolfe
08-08-2008, 10:49 PM
canada is actually ranked 79th at the moment and the lowest is has ever been was 103rd for only a month

I also think that with their recent history in the Gold Cup, 3 top 3's since 2000 (5 tournaments) that Canada could be deserving.

iansmcl
08-08-2008, 11:38 PM
The real question us Fifa nerds have is WILL BMO FIELD BE A PLAYABLE PITCH???!!??

... Since when did BMO Field have a playable pitch? ;) :D

SilverSamurai
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Canada was in the last World Cup game. I remember picking them but losing since I had no clue what I was doing. lol
Anyways FIFA Manager has Canada and TFC. Just need to do a roster changes and then make BMO Field. Then again getting the game is hard enough...

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Canada was in the last World Cup game. I remember picking them but losing since I had no clue what I was doing. lol
Anyways FIFA Manager has Canada and TFC. Just need to do a roster changes and then make BMO Field. Then again getting the game is hard enough...It's all about Football Manager, mate. ;) Actually, at the moment I'm pretty much addicted to Champ Man 03/04...