PDA

View Full Version : 2019 MLS Expansion Draft

TFC1154ever
10-20-2019, 08:01 AM
I wasn’t going to make this thread with us still in playoffs, but I just realized it’s under one month away (November 19th).

Miami and Nashville joining this year. They get to pick 5 players each from any MLS team. Each MLS team can protect 12 players (DP’s must be protected). If either Nashville or Miami take someone from us, both can no longer take another player from TFC.

DC United, NY Red Bulls, Houston, Vancouver, and Dallas all are exempt from this draft because they had players selected by Cincinnati last year. So we are most likely losing someone.

Altidore
Pozuelo
Auro
Delgado
Endoh
Gallardo
Gonzalez
Laryea
Mavinga
Osorio
Westberg
Morrow

If TFC don’t win the MLS Cup, Bradley’s option can be declined (Just thought of this. This is probably why TFC haven’t signed Bradley yet. So they don’t have to protect him).

Benezet is on loan. Don’t have to protect him.

Apparently Bono is still Generation Adidas. Even if he isn’t, we’re hoping someone takes him on that money.

Dorsey is Generation Adidas

Shaffelburg is auto protected

The only one I’m not sure is/isn’t is Liam Fraser.

So that leaves unprotected:
Zavaleta
Telfer
Patterson-Sewell
Mullins
Morgan
Moor
Deleon
Ciman
Fraser (potentially)

From that list, the only two that are enticing are Deleon and Fraser (id consider protecting him if we have too).

Who’s your protected 12?

rydermike
10-20-2019, 08:10 AM
Is there a good site anywhere that shows when our contracts expire? Could affect the selections, by not protecting a player expiring

Mikmacdo
10-20-2019, 08:11 AM
I believe Telfer is a free agent. I would protect Fraser over half your list due to his age/potential.

Mikmacdo
10-20-2019, 08:12 AM
Laryea is a free agent as well so no need to protect him.

TFC1154ever
10-20-2019, 08:58 AM

Perfect. You can swap him with Fraser. The only guy I’d be upset with them taking is Deleon. Everyone else is easily replaceable.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-20-2019, 12:33 PM
Absolutely despise the expansion draft. It's embarrassing we even still have one.

OgtheDim
10-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Mullins is also a free agent.

DeLeon's contract has 2 more seasons on it.

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2019, 12:58 PM
But who is going into their option year that can be declined or picked up. Whats up with the likes of Aiden Daniels, Julian Dunn and Jon Bakero?

Initial B
10-20-2019, 01:12 PM
Aiden was used mostly as a substitute in the Ottawa Fury games I attended. He'll probably stick around Ottawa next year too.

notthesun
10-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Wait a second. I just looked this up and they changed the rules. In the 2018 expansion draft, HG players had to occupy a supplemental or reserve roster slot to be ineligible for selection. But according to the 2019 rules (https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2019-expansion-draft-rules) it now says any HG player 25 or under (born in 1994 or later), regardless of roster designation is, is ineligible.

This is great for us because it means Marky Delgado is protected. We would've had to protect him under the old rules. Fraser is protected as well (though he would've been under old rules also).

This should be our full list of automatically protected players:
- Marky Delgado
- Liam Fraser
- Jay Chapman
- Ayo Akinola
- Jacob Shaffelburg
- Noble Okello
- Griffin Dorsey
- Julian Dunn
- Aidan Daniels

Bono has graduated from Generation Adidas so he would be exposed.

OgtheDim
10-20-2019, 02:05 PM
If I was Nashville or Miami, I'd pick up Bono, if for nothing other then trade potential.

However, I suspect Miami makes no moves without thinking about the "coolness" factor.

ag futbol
10-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Not exactly. If you don’t protect him another team potentially gets first right of refusal.

But agreed with Ossington. This is a stupid and embarrassing exercise for the league

ensco
10-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Deleon would likely get picked if he were available. DCU's mistake was in not realizing the price of depth had gone up so much. A good utility guy on 250-300K now makes tons of sense in this league

Mike_S
10-21-2019, 11:10 AM
^^ I agree. If he is left exposed and there is no "handshake" deal, he isn't coming back.

rydermike
10-21-2019, 05:04 PM
Maybe we can strike a deal with them. We trade them Bono for an asset. Basically tell them, we're going to protect him, but we'll trade him to you if you don't pick one of our other players in exchange for maybe a player another team leaves unprotected. Kind of like how Raheem Edwards was claimed from us and dealt.

EDIT: Forgot there were two teams picking players. Can't really make this handshake deal, since the other team could select our player since they'll be under no obligation to not pick. Maybe the trade is we purposely leave Bono unprotected and you pick him.

rydermike
10-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Absolutely despise the expansion draft. It's embarrassing we even still have one.

Especially since Nashville is currently a USL team. So they already have all those players.

OgtheDim
10-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Especially since Nashville is currently a USL team. So they already have all those players.

Cinci & Minnesotta proved that all but a few USL players are not MLS class.

James17930
10-29-2019, 09:09 PM
I was going to say I thought we were going to lose Marky, but if he's automatically protected that's good.

Voodooman
11-13-2019, 08:25 AM
Well this being on the 19th, and only a few days away. I guess its time to reping this.

Reality, you hate to lose anyone. Here is hoping, we don't lose anything notable/we worked out a deal with both teams to take someone.

ensco
11-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Looking at the lists of the other teams, wow, a lot of major names will be available.

We might lose Endoh I suppose... but I think I see 10 names I would rather have

Raheem Edwards, anyone?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/14/predicting-who-will-be-available-2019-mls-expansion-draft-ben-baer

rydermike
11-14-2019, 07:06 PM
Looking at the lists of the other teams, wow, a lot of major names will be available.

We might lose Endoh I suppose... but I think I see 10 names I would rather have

Raheem Edwards, anyone?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/14/predicting-who-will-be-available-2019-mls-expansion-draft-ben-baer

Remember that's a predicted list, not the real lists

wopchop
11-14-2019, 07:12 PM
So tired of these drafts, and we have to sit through more in '21 and '22, ugh.

I would not be surprised to see Bono picked up.

ensco
11-14-2019, 09:38 PM
So tired of these drafts, and we have to sit through more in '21 and '22, ugh.

I would not be surprised to see Bono picked up.

On $400K? I doubt it.

Ultra & Proud
11-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Raheem Edwards, anyone?

We don't get to pick in this thing and not all of these players won't receive 'bonafide' offers if they are out of contract. I'd pass on Edwards even if he was available in the re-entry draft. We can do better now and hopefully the cap will allow that post-CBA.

ensco
11-15-2019, 11:55 AM
We don't get to pick in this thing and not all of these players won't receive 'bonafide' offers if they are out of contract. I'd pass on Edwards even if he was available in the re-entry draft. We can do better now and hopefully the cap will allow that post-CBA.

Everyone knows that.

I am just reminding everyone that Raheem moved to Montreal via trade in an expansion draft.

Ultra & Proud
11-15-2019, 12:14 PM
I hope the cap basement goes up to a high enough level that we can stop swooning over nearly every Canadian player in hopes that we can get them here. Or back here.

Mikmacdo
11-15-2019, 12:19 PM
Call me crazy but i might leave osorio unprotected at his salary i doubt anyone takes him plus he plays a position we are strong at.

Ultra & Proud
11-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Call me crazy but i might leave osorio unprotected at his salary i doubt anyone takes him plus he plays a position we are strong at.
Probably not but if they make Canadians domestics in the next CBA and owners have wind of it happening, you never know. Miami did just pay $100K for Chapman.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Benezet, Ciman and Morrow unprotected. Interesting

Mikmacdo
11-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Benezet is on loan so no need to protect him. They should have let bono go.

ag futbol
11-16-2019, 11:52 AM
I hope the cap basement goes up to a high enough level that we can stop swooning over nearly every Canadian player in hopes that we can get them here. Or back here.
Not sure if this is where you’re going with the above but I consider at least some local flavour and domestic content as important.

Raheem Edwards, anyone?

Somewhat ironically, Edwards has actually been protected. Let’s hope this kid can still salvage a career. I think he has more upside than Laryea TBH.

https://www.chicago-fire.com/post/2019/11/16/chicago-fire-announces-protected-players-advance-2019-mls-expansion-draft

pfk
11-16-2019, 12:09 PM
MLS Expansion Draft Eligible Player list has been released: https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/11/16/eligible-player-list-announced-2019-mls-expansion-draft

Jon Bakero
Nicolas Benezet
Laurent Ciman
Tsubasa Endoh
Drew Moor
Ashtone Morgan
Justin Morrow
Patrick Mullins
Caleb Patterson-Sewell
Ryan Telfer
Eriq Zavaleta

Full MLS list here: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/15/2019-mls-expansion-draft-eligible-player-list

ensco
11-16-2019, 12:29 PM
So they protected Bono and exposed Morrow. Did they really think Bono would move given his salary?

Wow.

I would grab Morrow if I were GM of one of the expansion teams. Great veteran leadership guy, played in every chmpionship game for us, who can still play.

This is going to bum me out.

Smokecell
11-16-2019, 12:33 PM
You could select half of our championship back 4 with Beita and Morrow exposed...interesting

Ultra & Proud
11-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Not sure if this is where you’re going with the above but I consider at least some local flavour and domestic content as important.

Only if they're good and not just selected because of birthplace. We did that already and stunk out the league.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Only if they're good and not just selected because of birthplace. We did that already and stunk out the league.

I can’t see anywhere in our history that an over reliance on Canadians was the cause of the issues the club faced, and recently, it’s more the opposite - Canadians not developing the way they could / should / might - its one of the blind spots of the otherwise very good work Vanney does.

Oldtimer
11-16-2019, 01:09 PM
Hoping they don't pick Morrow or Endoh and do pick Zavaleta. Best for Zavaleta and best for TFC.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Hoping they don't pick Morrow or Endoh and do pick Zavaleta. Best for Zavaleta and best for TFC.

Pretty unlikely on those wages. But agreed he needs a new start. Like Chappy

Interesting that no one seems to mind if they take Benezet. Nice player, but not what was hoped I think. One great moment.

ensco
11-16-2019, 01:20 PM
There is zero chance Zavs gets picked. There are a ton of good cheap younger players, or good veteran starters that are on Zavs type money.

He will be bought out.

ensco
11-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Morrow is going to be the first guy picked, I bet.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 01:38 PM
Morrow is going to be the first guy picked, I bet.
It is odd Bono was protected over Morrow.

If he goes then Auro and Laryea start. Not sure that’s good enough. Are there fullbacks coming up through TFC2? Or wingers we can convert? Telfer?

Zavaleta does need to go. Ciman Omar Mavinga is very strong and then players like Dunn need a chance

Mikmacdo
11-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Protecting bono is dumb unless there is a trade offer on the table? Morrow has declined so maybe they have their eyes on a younger left back?

noimpactinmtl
11-16-2019, 05:45 PM
You could select half of our championship back 4 with Beita and Morrow exposed...interesting

Beitashour and Morrow have both slowed down since 2017. Endoh was roasting Beitashour on his side our last matchup and Morrow has been sitting back more.

ensco
11-16-2019, 07:07 PM
I don't get protecting Bono at all. Who exactly do they think rates Bono on $380K? It's bizarre.

Miami acquired a USA U23 GK from the Quakes a few days ago. He cost them $150K in TAM. If you want a more proven option, Portland exposed Jeff Attinela, who has every bit as good a resume as Bono, probably better, and makes $187K.

I would watch Bez here. He is in wheel and deal mode.

Morrow is from Ohio and on $330K represents Deleon type value -the Crew had a big problem at LB when Valenzuela went down, and who knows if/when Valenzuela can play...

OgtheDim
11-16-2019, 09:12 PM
IF Morrow goes, who is the replacement? Auro & Laryea are too right footed.

Wild speculation here - Miami picks up Morrow - trades him back to us with some Garber bucks for Bono. It wouldn't be the first time a player was protected in order to be traded.

ensco
11-16-2019, 09:27 PM
IF Morrow goes, who is the replacement? Auro & Laryea are too right footed.

Wild speculation here - Miami picks up Morrow - trades him back to us with some Garber bucks for Bono. It wouldn't be the first time a player was protected in order to be traded.

That is a good speculation. But I would try to pry someone else loose with that move if I were Miami (as they made a pretty major GK move already).

Maybe Delgado. Fraser needs to play,

James17930
11-16-2019, 10:11 PM
FWIW, the mock draft on the MLS site didn't have any of our guys getting taken.

Are we over concerned?

Mikmacdo
11-16-2019, 10:19 PM

Are we over concerned?

We can only lose one guy. I could see endoh being selected.

Red CB Toronto
11-16-2019, 11:08 PM

I am sorry , really do not see the expansion draft as the place where we see Eriq's departure from TFC. Too many better choices here.

ensco
11-17-2019, 12:35 AM

Are we over concerned?

I feel the writer of that story was showing off that he “knew” all the cheaper unknown guys.

There are tons of good MLS vets, based on history some (3-4?) will get taken.

Ben Sweat. Morrow. Nguyen. Maybe even Adi.

James17930
11-17-2019, 01:57 AM
I feel the writer of that story was showing off that he “knew” all the cheaper unknown guys.

Yes, I generally agree. We will lose someone.

Hamilton_Red
11-17-2019, 02:00 AM

Rodriguez unprotected in Seattle. I can’t see both teams passing on Endoh or Morrow....one of them will go.

MightyDM
11-17-2019, 07:39 AM
Rodriguez unprotected in Seattle. I can’t see both teams passing on Endoh or Morrow....one of them will go.

Wow. He turned the game when he came on. Wow.

ensco
11-17-2019, 08:05 AM
Wow. He turned the game when he came on. Wow.

The issue with him is salary ($1.5), plus injuries, plus even when healthy he hasn’t been a regular. He's a bit of an enigma.

I personally doubt he moves.

EDIT: I see stories saying he wants to go back to Spain.
https://www.sounderatheart.com/2019/11/15/20967313/victor-rodriguez-indicates-he-wants-to-return-to-spain

ensco
11-17-2019, 08:14 AM
One or two of those veterans will be taken to be traded, like Raheem was.

Mikmacdo
11-17-2019, 12:37 PM
One or two of those veterans will be taken to be traded, like Raheem was.

They can only take one player from tfc.

ensco
11-17-2019, 01:07 PM
^That is pretty obviously not what I am saying.

It's that the draft will not just be 10 “Endohs”, there are several attractive “Morrows” - not just ours, but also the names above eg Sweat. Teams may be willing to trade with Miami or Nashville to get them.

matteo30
11-17-2019, 04:54 PM
So Morrow is going to be picked then... I think there is a way we can get him back right? Like Edwards there was an option to get him back it would be kind of shitty to let him go after his last game in a TFC shirt was giving up an own goal in the finals.. How does this format work can we get him back and give Bono to Miami FC instead not a fan of giving up defenders when we clearly don't have a lot of options in the back. Arguably with a better back line, we end up beating Seattle. We outplayed them the majority of the match. Had it not been for the Own goal we are winning that in extra time and have two stars next year. Morrow was a big part of the runs to the four finals... even if we only won one give him another year. Adversity leads to some of the best years, and our guys have the potential to pull a 2017. We need quality upfront from elsewhere and you don't rip the spine of the team that got you to four finals. And if it's Endoh i'm protecting him too and I don't want a guy that works as hard as Endoh gone he has come along and is getting better and better.. Dissapointing but not surprising can anyone explain the process they can be picked but we can give money to get them back? How does this work...

notthesun
11-17-2019, 05:20 PM
So Morrow is going to be picked then... I think there is a way we can get him back right? Like Edwards there was an option to get him back it would be kind of shitty to let him go after his last game in a TFC shirt was giving up an own goal in the finals.. How does this format work can we get him back and give Bono to Miami FC instead not a fan of giving up defenders when we clearly don't have a lot of options in the back. Arguably with a better back line, we end up beating Seattle. We outplayed them the majority of the match. Had it not been for the Own goal we are winning that in extra time and have two stars next year. Morrow was a big part of the runs to the four finals... even if we only won one give him another year. Adversity leads to some of the best years, and our guys have the potential to pull a 2017. We need quality upfront from elsewhere and you don't rip the spine of the team that got you to four finals. And if it's Endoh i'm protecting him too and I don't want a guy that works as hard as Endoh gone he has come along and is getting better and better.. Dissapointing but not surprising can anyone explain the process they can be picked but we can give money to get them back? How does this work...

It's just making a normal trade after the expansion draft. We could work our a deal where one of the teams picks Morrow and then we trade them some other assets back immediately after the draft to re-acquire him. But it's totally up to Miami and Nashville. If either team just thinks Morrow is a good add to their squad at his salary they can just pick him and keep him.

Initial B
11-17-2019, 06:40 PM
Maybe Bono still falls under a former Generation Addidas exemption? Or else TFC still feels he can improve and will have the chance to win his job back next year.

pekduck
11-17-2019, 08:32 PM
I don't get protecting Bono at all. Who exactly do they think rates Bono on $380K? It's bizarre.

Miami acquired a USA U23 GK from the Quakes a few days ago. He cost them $150K in TAM. If you want a more proven option, Portland exposed Jeff Attinela, who has every bit as good a resume as Bono, probably better, and makes $187K.

I would watch Bez here. He is in wheel and deal mode.

Morrow is from Ohio and on $330K represents Deleon type value -the Crew had a big problem at LB when Valenzuela went down, and who knows if/when Valenzuela can play...

Bono is still Generation Adidas as of 2019 season thus automatically protected.

https://www.torontofc.ca/players/alex-bono

Generation adidas players who have not been graduated at the end of the 2019 MLS Season and Homegrown Players (ages 25 and under –born in or after 1994) on a club’s Roster at the end of the 2019 MLS Season are automatically protected. Clubs do not have to use a protected slot on them.

notthesun
11-17-2019, 08:39 PM
Maybe Bono still falls under a former Generation Addidas exemption? Or else TFC still feels he can improve and will have the chance to win his job back next year.

No he's graduated, roster designations are viewable on the MLS website: https://www.mlssoccer.com/rosters/2019/toronto-fc

ensco
11-17-2019, 08:55 PM
Bono is still Generation Adidas as of 2019 season thus automatically protected.

https://www.torontofc.ca/players/alex-bono

Generation adidas players who have not been graduated at the end of the 2019 MLS Season and Homegrown Players (ages 25 and under –born in or after 1994) on a club’s Roster at the end of the 2019 MLS Season are automatically protected. Clubs do not have to use a protected slot on them.

I think he has graduated.

btw great seeing you in Seattle, pekduck!

matteo30
11-19-2019, 12:36 AM
It seems like it's a pretty forgone conclusion that Morrow is picked up the guy goes to 4 finals and he's not protected I was there when he scored a hat trick at home against the RBNY to clinch the supporters shield. I really wonder why Bono wasn't put on the unprotected list I hate these stupid expansion drafts. Now he has to start over on a shit team. Can he not report and then be signed back? This is really a good way to treat one of your backbone of a guy who helps you go to four finals, Someone start the Justin Morrow appreciation thread... and lets try and make it at least 5 pages....:(

PizzaEatingYeti
11-19-2019, 05:38 AM
It seems like it's a pretty forgone conclusion that Morrow is picked up the guy goes to 4 finals and he's not protected I was there when he scored a hat trick at home against the RBNY to clinch the supporters shield. I really wonder why Bono wasn't put on the unprotected list I hate these stupid expansion drafts. Now he has to start over on a shit team. Can he not report and then be signed back? This is really a good way to treat one of your backbone of a guy who helps you go to four finals, Someone start the Justin Morrow appreciation thread... and lets try and make it at least 5 pages....:(

Sorry but Morrow has slowed down too much lately and/plus offers too little going forward, and of course the tendency will just get accentuated as the years are going by.
IMO at the same price there can be found a more useful player for TFC at that position.

I appreciate Morrow and all that, and this also goes for all the players who were better or a lot better for TFC when they were in "form", and contributed huge to big things realized by the team. But... this is a result oriented business, and past performance has to never ever be the main/deciding reason why a player is kept or not if at prezent he's not who once was, there are very slim chances he will ever be, and there are to be found better options.

I know a lots of you will disagree, but I also know a lots of you will agree with this kind of mentality of managing/building a football team.

ensco
11-19-2019, 07:30 AM
I think Morrow still has at least a year left. I didn’t really see the “he's slowing down” thing. Maybe a little. We haven’t used him charging down the wing 10 times a game like we did in 2017 in the 3-5-2, but I bet he can still be a starter in this league for another year or two.

Looking at various mock drafts, a bunch have him going first or second, a bunch don’t have him moving at all. There are other decent defenders available.... I think he goes just because of pedigree, he is a champion, every new team needs one or two of those.

Bobo
11-19-2019, 08:37 AM
If I was looking for a LB in this draft, I'd take LAFC's El-Munir over Morrow (though I'm unsure of his contract status). Not nearly as accomplished but offers more upside at this point I think.

Oldtimer
11-19-2019, 08:49 AM
I would be very surprised if the deal for Chapman to Miami didn't include a handshake agreement that they not pick anyone from TFC in the draft.

While there's a chance Morrow gets selected by Nashville, I think there's more likely prospects.

Anyway, the draft is going to be streamed live on the MLS website at 5:30.

FootBallAZ
11-19-2019, 09:28 AM
Appreciate everything he did for the club.
But he has regressed, lost a step and could never make a cross to open players.

I think he had 1 cross this year and the rest were loss of possession or kicking it directly at the defender with no air underneath the ball, to be seems to be lack of concentration when making that final pass in the box.

ag futbol
11-19-2019, 09:41 AM
I think Morrow still has at least a year left. I didn’t really see the “he's slowing down” thing. Maybe a little. We haven’t used him charging down the wing 10 times a game like we did in 2017 in the 3-5-2, but I bet he can still be a starter in this league for another year or two.

Looking at various mock drafts, a bunch have him going first or second, a bunch don’t have him moving at all. There are other decent defenders available.... I think he goes just because of pedigree, he is a champion, every new team needs one or two of those.
I don’t necessarily think he’s slowed down but the requirements of fullbacks in this league have changed. He’s now counted on to defend better players than he was in the past and contribute going forward in different ways.

It’s noticeable he’s a step behind offensively and his teammates don’t necessary have a lot of trust to use him as an outlet. Defensively he’s still very good but you have to take that with a grain of salt because he’s very conservative with his positioning.

I could go either way. We might have one more year left but we also need to consider how the team needs to evolve. MLS won’t stop changing just because we have.

Mikmacdo
11-19-2019, 10:31 AM
I don’t necessarily think he’s slowed down but the requirements of fullbacks in this league have changed. He’s now counted on to defend better players than he was in the past and contribute going forward in different ways.

It’s noticeable he’s a step behind offensively and his teammates don’t necessary have a lot of trust to use him as an outlet. Defensively he’s still very good but you have to take that with a grain of salt because he’s very conservative with his positioning.

I could go either way. We might have one more year left but we also need to consider how the team needs to evolve. MLS won’t stop changing just because we have.

I thought tfc was at its best with auro at lb and richie at rb.

Morrow has an option for next season i recall hearing in the post season press conférence.

I dont think he will be picked but i think he will have his option declined and either take a paycut or go in the re-entry draft.

Endoh is the most likely to be picked today. Hes cheap, had a decent year and not too old.

Captain
11-19-2019, 11:16 AM

I think they protected Bono so they could trade him. There is a lot of value in Bono. A young keeper who's won a cup. I'm sure they could get back something decent for him in a trade rather than give him up for free.

I love Morrow. He's been a great asset to the team but he's not the same since his injury last year. He's aging now but he still has a lot to offer a new team. In a recent interview Bradley listed him as one of the leaders in the locker room (along with Moor and Q).

ag futbol
11-19-2019, 11:36 AM
I thought tfc was at its best with auro at lb and richie at rb.

Morrow has an option for next season i recall hearing in the post season press conférence.

I dont think he will be picked but i think he will have his option declined and either take a paycut or go in the re-entry draft.

Endoh is the most likely to be picked today. Hes cheap, had a decent year and not too old.
The best football we played all year was the first half against LAFC and I think that was with Auro at LB. Having two fullbacks capable of stepping into midfield and moving the ball makes a huge difference.

ensco
11-19-2019, 05:55 PM
Morrow isn't obviously going to Miami - unless they trade him.

They spend their first two picks on other fullbacks - Sweat and Powell.

EDIT: now it's three of four. Valentin goes to Nashville, but he will be traded. Hmmmm... could it be to us for Morrow plus something?

That MLS mock draft was a joke btw, it's basically all name guys and vets so far.

DOUBLE EDIT: classic. I type the above and the next three guys are off the MLS mock list!!

TRIPLE EDIT: No TFC player taken. Now we'll see if Morrow gets traded. (Three way with Columbus? Valentin to TO, Morrow plus some GAM to Columbus, more GAM to Nashville)

rydermike
11-19-2019, 06:12 PM
So we lost nobidy

PizzaEatingYeti
11-19-2019, 06:12 PM
So we lost nobidy
Right!

Mikmacdo
11-19-2019, 06:13 PM
No one was selected in the expansion draft.

Voodooman
11-19-2019, 06:13 PM
So far so good!

Let's wait and see who these trades are!

Edit: We good!

Guess that Chapman trade was to make sure nobody got selected.

notthesun
11-19-2019, 06:20 PM
Glad we escaped with no losses.

Yohan
11-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Rarely do players with big cap hit gets taken in the expansion draft.

Nguyen being an exception to this year.

OgtheDim
11-19-2019, 09:03 PM
https://twitter.com/ImagesMls/status/1196968664119021570

Oldtimer
11-19-2019, 10:33 PM
It's a real message to us that our team is not really exceptional. They have been punching above their weight.

ensco
11-19-2019, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I got this one all wrong.

I am pretty surprised that Powell went and Morrow didn’t.

Ultra & Proud
11-20-2019, 08:40 AM
It's a real message to us that our team is not really exceptional. They have been punching above their weight.
We tend to overate our players. Like Endoh? He is alright and fairly affordable but you can do better at a wide spot than him (and we should). Morrow is older and also expensive. I expected us to lose nobody because there was much better elsewhere.

rydermike
11-20-2019, 09:06 AM
We tend to overate our players. Like Endoh? He is alright and fairly affordable but you can do better at a wide spot than him (and we should). Morrow is older and also expensive. I expected us to lose nobody because there was much better elsewhere.

I agree with Endoh. He definitely improved since he was last here, but still not good enough to be a regular starter IMO. Solid depth piece though. The one big knock against him is the use of an International Spot. If he had been a domestic, I could see him being taken by one of the two clubs yesterday

Oldtimer
11-20-2019, 09:31 AM
I agree with Endoh. He definitely improved since he was last here, but still not good enough to be a regular starter IMO. Solid depth piece though. The one big knock against him is the use of an International Spot. If he had been a domestic, I could see him being taken by one of the two clubs yesterday

Remember that Endoh wasn't signed for the longest time and couldn't get another club to take him.

TFC1154ever
11-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Have it on good authority that TFC made private deals with Miami and Nashville to protect their players. What those are, I have no idea. I’m guessing the Chapman deal with Miami was one.

Ultra & Proud
11-20-2019, 12:22 PM
Have it on good authority that TFC made private deals with Miami and Nashville to protect their players. What those are, I have no idea. I’m guessing the Chapman deal with Miami was one.
I doubt they really wanted anyone. They just used the draft as leverage to get a protected player they wanted for $100K.

Auzzy
11-20-2019, 03:09 PM
I doubt they really wanted anyone. They just used the draft as leverage to get a protected player they wanted for $100K.

But you don't really know that either. People are gonna believe what fits their narrative.

Oldtimer
11-20-2019, 03:28 PM

Like I said, I would have been surprised if the Chapman deal didn't come with that.

Nashville? I guess they could have threatened to annoy us like with the Lovitz pickup that went to Montreal a few years back and extorted a few Garber bucks or some "future considerations."

SirBobSaget
11-20-2019, 08:41 PM

Overrate our players and underrate the manager. Guys like DeLeon are considered to be just nothing special MLS depth guys when on teams like DC. But for year Kreis was a miracle worker that was highly lauded on this board. The one manager that would get us on the winning path.