PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2019-2020 player off-season roster discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Oldtimer
10-18-2019, 10:10 AM
TFC 2019-2020

General roster discussion

Player off-season moves/speculation/rumours
Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings can get a separate single thread. All other "inside" and other information goes here.

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 05:15 PM
Sooooooo..........

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 05:35 PM
From the MLS website (https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/10/17/2019-mls-offseason-calendar)

2019 MLS Offseason Calendar

Nov. 11-13
1:00 PM ET
Trade Window Opens
Following a 10-week roster freeze, MLS clubs may sign and trade players.

Nov. 13
8:00 PM ET
Trade Window Closes and Blackout Period Begins
Blackout Period begins whereby clubs may no longer sign and/or trade players until conclusion of 2019 Expansion Draft.

Nov. 14
Club Deadline to submit Bona Fide Offers
MLS clubs notify the League Office in writing of players who have been extended a bona fide offer.

Nov. 19
5:00 PM ET
2019 MLS Expansion Draft
Watch live in the MLS app or on MLSsoccer.com. Inter Miami CF and Nashville SC may select up to five players each from the eligible player list. The list of players eligible for selection in the 2019 MLS Expansion Draft will be released on Nov. 16 at 10:00 AM ET. Expansion Draft Rules (https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2019-expansion-draft-rules/)

Nov. 21
1:00 PM ET
Club Deadline to Exercise Options
MLS clubs notify the League Office in writing of players whose options they are exercising.

Nov. 25
3:00 PM ET
End-of-Year Waivers
The End-of-Year Waivers process is conducted in reverse order of 2019 season finish, taking into account postseason performance. Per the Expansion Priority Draft, Nashville SC will have the 25th pick and Inter Miami CF will have the final selection in each round.

Eligible for selection are players who do not meet the minimum requirements for Re-Entry Process or Free Agency. The list of players eligible for the End-of-Year Waivers will be released on Nov. 22 End-of-Year Waivers Rules (https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2019-waiver-rules)

Nov. 25
Free Agency Opens
Clubs may engage with players, other than their own, that are eligible for Free Agency. Free Agency eligible players are out-of-contract and option-declined players who are at least 28 years old and who have completed a minimum of eight service years. The complete list of Free Agents will be released on Nov. 22.

Nov. 26
2019 MLS Re-Entry Process – Stage 1
The Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 is conducted in the same format as Stage 1 and consists of MLS players who were not selected in the Stage 1. Not all unselected Stage 1 players will be available for selection as players may re-sign with their previous club between stages or may opt out of the process.

The list of players eligible for selection in the Re-Entry Process – Stage 1 will be released on Nov. 22. MLS Re-Entry Process Rules (https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2019-re-entry-draft-rules)

Dec. 3
2019 MLS Re-Entry Process – Stage 2
The Re-Entry Process is conducted in reverse order of 2019 season finish, taking into account postseason performance. Per the Expansion Priority Draft, Nashville SC will have the 25th pick and Inter Miami CF will have the final selection in each round.

The list of players eligible for selection in the Re-Entry Process – Stage 2 will be released on Nov. 3 at 10:00 AM ET. MLS Re-Entry Process Rules (https://www.mlssoccer.com/media-resources/2019-re-entry-draft-rules)

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 06:05 PM
2 other things to take into account

https://twitter.com/Jasoninho10/status/1193663435675971584

A rested Poz should be even better - which should make other teams very very afraid.

&

The CBA is up with a good possibility of a strike affecting the CCL

James17930
11-10-2019, 06:12 PM
They have to get the CBA worked out. They cannot afford to strike.

stevep
11-10-2019, 06:23 PM
Looking forward to the thoughts on this thread.
If you win your weaknesses are not realized, when you lose weaknesses are exposed and strength is gained

gracos
11-10-2019, 06:27 PM
If we have the same exact team we will not achieve greatness, start from top to bottom from management to reserves

Red CB Toronto
11-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Right off the bat I am sure in the next day or two , we will see some options declined especially towards the end of the roster.

gracos
11-10-2019, 06:33 PM
I am willing to say this again, we need to figure out our attack, as Altidore is very fragile like glass, and is injury prone, we need to TAM Bradley or move him on away from this club as he isnt pulling effective weight, our coach has been lucky with a lot of the games, but was almost no passion in the regular season, we luckily got past DC, NYCFC and ATL; but eventually it would catch up to us

OgtheDim
11-10-2019, 06:37 PM
The trick will be keeping the core mentality of the Effin Team that Effin Works - cause we were the better team in 3 out of 4 playoff games.

TheGoodson
11-10-2019, 06:39 PM
At the end of the day going forward we need to look for a younger replacement for Morrow and another striker preferably younger and can play with their back to goal.

besides that clear out some cap space and replenish the bottom of the roster. And keep our captain Bradley

Mikmacdo
11-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Bradley resigned on gam

Sign a versitile dp winger/striker to fill in for jozy when needed.

Resign benezet.

Let bono, zavs, mullens and moor go to free up cap space.

Bring telfer back.

kuku
11-10-2019, 07:27 PM
They need to keep Benezet and get another striker who's not hurt as much as Jozy. Bradley can come back on a reduced deal.

NK Toronto
11-10-2019, 08:32 PM
We need a quality reliable striker. We made it to the MLS Cup final essentially playing 4 games games without a striker

notthesun
11-10-2019, 08:32 PM
No, Benezet should be let go.

We are set up in a 4-3-3, yet don't have a credibly threatening winger on the team. A guy who is good enough that him being in a 1-on-1 situation with the opponent's fullback is a real problem. Having someone like that would open up so many possibilities offensively.

Benezet is not that guy but we're paying him like one. 600k is a max budget roster spot. That should be a guy who's vital to the team. Benezet is too inconsistent. We can replace him with a DP and it will have no effect on our cap. So let's pour resources into the biggest area of need - a goal-scoring winger.

We can pay a DP winger $4 million, drop Benezet, re-sign Bradley for $1.5 million and put a portion of Benezet's salary towards a good backup striker.

If Benezet was around 350k I could see a role for him, but he's not worth what he's at. Let's use the opportunity with an open DP slot to address a real need and re-allocate resources to better fill in the other gaps.

stevep
11-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Morrow is for sure on a downward trajectory due to age

NK Toronto
11-10-2019, 08:41 PM
We also need to play Poz as a central midfielder and not on the wing. If Jozy was healthy and started today would Poz have been on the wing? How will Poz be used next season? I am surprised that this is not more of a talking point.

notthesun
11-10-2019, 09:03 PM
We also need to play Poz as a central midfielder and not on the wing. If Jozy was healthy and started today would Poz have been on the wing? How will Poz be used next season? I am surprised that this is not more of a talking point.

If we stick with a 4-3-3, the midfield 3 can essentially be a triangle with him at the top. He'd be good there.

We should go with something like this:

------------Westberg---------------
Auro---Gonzalez---Mavinga---Morrow
--------Delgado---Bradley-----------
------------Pozuelo-----------------
---RW-------------------LW--------
--------------Jozy------------------

One of the wingers should be a new DP and the other wing can be a rotation of starts for Gallardo, Endoh, DeLeon, and maybe Osorio too (he's versatile enough that he can get minutes in this formation on the wing, in Delgado's spot, or in Pozuelo's spot as the situation necessitates).

The priority list for me is DP winger, backup striker, then there's a big gap and you worry about the rest (backup LB, Ciman replacement, etc.) after you've nailed the first two.

portu
11-11-2019, 04:02 AM
There are a lot of high priority moves that need to be made this off-season. A new DP, Bradley re-signing, moving on from Moor and potentially Morrow, triggering or not triggering Benezet's purchase.

The number one has to be sorting out our striker situation. Jozy is clearly unreliable and we can't win at the highest level without him. So, either he needs to go and be replaced or we need a legitimate and capable back-up.

James17930
11-11-2019, 04:19 AM
There are a lot of high priority moves that need to be made this off-season. A new DP, Bradley re-signing, moving on from Moor and potentially Morrow, triggering or not triggering Benezet's purchase.

The number one has to be sorting out our striker situation. Jozy is clearly unreliable and we can't win at the highest level without him. So, either he needs to go and be replaced or we need a legitimate and capable back-up.

I'm wondering if he'd also drop down to a TAM contract for the good of the team.

We could get 2 more DPs.

portu
11-11-2019, 04:55 AM
I'm wondering if he'd also drop down to a TAM contract for the good of the team.

We could get 2 more DPs.
Guy just got a raise, so I doubt it

rydermike
11-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Benezet is on loan, so retaining him may cost a transfer fee, which could I guess throw him to DP if it's high enough. Now, his team got relegated, so that may be an incentive for the team to get rid of him cheaper. Transfermarkt says his deal expires July 1, 2020 (not the most reliable source), which means maybe we can get him on a free? or wait until July to get him for free.

Ultra & Proud
11-11-2019, 11:53 AM
We can do better than Benezet.

Mikmacdo
11-11-2019, 12:00 PM
Ryan fraser would be a nice pickup as a dp winger. Hes on his way out at bournemouth.

SirBobSaget
11-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Ryan fraser would be a nice pickup as a dp winger. Hes on his way out at bournemouth.

On his way out to Liverpool, not MLS.

Mikmacdo
11-11-2019, 01:46 PM
That was shot down already.

DavemTFC
11-11-2019, 01:57 PM
The DP's are the big thing - Pozuelo just signed and Altidore just re-signed so they're probably guarantees to be back, especially Poz. I have a feeling Bradley is going to take the TAM contract, or whatever it will be after the CBA negotiations, leaving us space for one new DP signing. That signing absolutely must be a winger who can play as a center forward when needed (i.e. when Jozy gets injured). Benezet was pretty good this year but not worth his current salary let alone what he could be on if he were to be signed permanently - we should let him go and keep the rest of our current forwards/wingers to round out the depth chart

The midfield is what I'm most unsure about. I don't want to see Pozuelo somewhere other than midfield next season, he's at his best when he's deeper. But then our midfield also needs a workhorse which Bradley at this point in his career is not. So if Bradley stays Delgado (or someone better, new signing/trade?) needs to start in the midfield 3 leaving Osorio on the outside looking in. It pains me to say it after how long he's been here and how good he's always been in our biggest games, but I think someone on that salary has to be a first-choice starter - even if he would still end up starting lots of games due to injuries - so it may be best for everyone if Osorio moves on (I could see him dominate in Mexico tbh). And that still leaves Fraser probably not getting enough playing time, not to mention Chapman from any conversation months ago. Long story short I think one of Bradley or Osorio has to go and we need to get better defensive players in our midfield - there's a reason Delgado actually had the most minutes on the team in the regular season this year.

I wouldn't mind replacing Moor with a younger CB - we have our rock in Gonzalez now, it would be tough to get rid of Ciman or Zavaleta at this point, and Moor would have plenty of suitors across the league. That should free up some cap space if we find a relatively cheap domestic player who can be a reliable third-string behind OG/CM/LC

Morrow was pretty good in the playoffs and I wouldn't mind keeping him one more year but he's not as good as he was even a year ago. If we do replace him with a new LB it has to be a bona fide starter.

This leaves this as a potential depth chart... http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=v0hx6

Best case scenario though maybe Pozuelo and Osorio improve defensively next year and we can start both with Bradley after all

kuku
11-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Darwin Quintero let go by Minnesota. Always liked him. Would he be a good fit for TFC?

darwin quintero

@darwinJR3
(https://twitter.com/darwinJR3)After two years of living great experiences in @MNUFC (https://twitter.com/MNUFC)
I want to inform you that the technician and the club made the decision not to validate the renewal option. I want to thank you for all that was lived, were two years of much learning .My best wishes and thanks for everything

(https://twitter.com/darwinJR3)

Mikmacdo
11-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Darwin looked amazing vs tfc last year. He can play a few positions up front. Probably a better option than benezet? Not worth a dp spot though.

Oldtimer
11-11-2019, 05:46 PM
I would trade Bono or expose him in the expansion draft. He's an MLS quality keeper who is too good and paid too well to be backup. Westberg is better than him, but he'd be a starter on many teams.

In his place, I'd love to sign Marco Carducci from Cavalry FC. A young Canadian keeper with great potential, a real standout in the CPL. I expect transfer fees from the CPL won't be excessive.

Has Ryan Telfer matured enough? He had a great season in the CPL on loan. He'd be nice backup on the wing, not the main solution.

ag futbol
11-11-2019, 06:46 PM
I’d look at stephen eustaquio if that’s at all realistic. He’s been left adrift at Cruz Azul due to a change in managers but he’s got loads of quality. If he’s recovered from injury he’d potentially be the best DM in MLS. Now that said, maybe Bradley stays or the club feels Fraser will be ready, making this all a moot point.

But task #1: find us the most dangerous wide forward in MLS. Back up the truck of money and find someone to get us excited about

noimpactinmtl
11-11-2019, 07:06 PM
I’d look at stephen eustaquio if that’s at all realistic. He’s been left adrift at Cruz Azul due to a change in managers but he’s got loads of quality. If he’s recovered from injury he’d potentially be the best DM in MLS. Now that said, maybe Bradley stays or the club feels Fraser will be ready, making this all a moot point.

But task #1: find us the most dangerous wide forward in MLS. Back up the truck of money and find someone to get us excited about

If this article (https://btsvancity.com/2019/10/01/auto-draft/) has anything to say, he'll be perfect as a pivot next to Fraser.

notthesun
11-11-2019, 07:19 PM
Has Ryan Telfer matured enough? He had a great season in the CPL on loan. He'd be nice backup on the wing, not the main solution.

I could see Telfer as the backup LB.

Mikmacdo
11-11-2019, 08:39 PM
I could see Telfer as the backup LB.

Hes no left back. He played the front 3 this year for y9 and gad some beautiful goals. He could be a nice backup wing. I would loan the shaff out to get playing time and work on his finishing.

ag futbol
11-11-2019, 08:56 PM
If this article (https://btsvancity.com/2019/10/01/auto-draft/) has anything to say, he'll be perfect as a pivot next to Fraser.
I get the overall thesis but I think some of the comparisons made in the article are out-to-lunch.

Here is a guy who moved on a multi million dollar fee to a big Mexican club and was heavily rumoured to be on the radar of Portuguese team. Yet, he’s “unlikely“ to pass Piette or Hitchinson in the depth chart?? If healthy and fully recovered to his previous form form he’s a top 5 player for Canada and an automatic starter.

TFC/Everton
11-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Good stuff from Steve Buffery: "The word is that the club would like Bradley back next season, but not as a Designated Player. If that’s the case (or if Bradley does not return), TFC would use their third DP slot on a second striker." The article goes on to say we want to bring back Benezet.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-remains-confident-in-gallardo

I don't anticipate this team needing wholesale change, but rather some minor adjustments and we can compete for MLS Cup, SS, and CanChamp next year.

Players we need to let go:

Moor (Turns 36 next year)
Chapman (He simply can't cut it... time to give other homegrowns a chance)
Ciman (Played well in the playoffs, but he turns 35 next year and is a fairly expensive backup)
Zavaleta (Perhaps his worst season in a reds jersey)

Off-season Needs:

1-2 CBs
DP forward
Starting right back. (Morrow has lost a step and he turns 33 next year)

notthesun
11-11-2019, 11:54 PM
Good stuff from Steve Buffery: "The word is that the club would like Bradley back next season, but not as a Designated Player. If that’s the case (or if Bradley does not return), TFC would use their third DP slot on a second striker." The article goes on to say we want to bring back Benezet.

DP striker... given Vanney's desire to play a 4-3-3 I have a hard time believing it'll be a true center forward.

Maybe with the new CBA Benezet's cap hit is less important, or he plays better next year after having more time in the team. I don't dislike him but I just didn't think he showed enough consistency at his salary.

flambe
11-12-2019, 09:29 AM

Ciman (Played well in the playoffs, but he turns 35 next year and is a fairly expensive backup)

You have to think Bono is in that group too, at $382,000 (over three times Q's current salary) that's a lot of money for a backup keeper.

TFC/Everton
11-12-2019, 09:30 AM
You have to think Bono is in that group too, at $382,000 (over three times Q's current salary) that's a lot of money for a backup keeper.

I agree, but it will be difficult to offload his salary. I suspect we will have to buy him out in order to get him off our books.

Bobo
11-12-2019, 09:36 AM
Unless TFC cut Gallardo, will they have enough TAM for even one of Bradley or Benezet? They don't even have CCL TAM coming in, but who really knows. I'd like to see them go after a DP forward who can play up top or wide left. Benezet would be made unnecessary.

Besides the DP situation, they really need to focus on improving the backline. A solid No. 3 CB and a LB are absolute musts. I like Auro's upside but I think he's been made expendable, too.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-12-2019, 09:37 AM
I agree, but it will be difficult to offload his salary. I suspect we will have to buy him out in order to get him off our books.

I haven't looked at rosters of incoming teams but I'd definitely be leaving Bono unprotected in the expansion draft - maybe someone needs an MLS Cup winning goal keeper. I'd think the buy out option has to go to Zavaleta.

Ultra & Proud
11-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Unless TFC cut Gallardo, will they have enough TAM for even one of Bradley or Benezet?

More likely than not TAM will no longer exist in the new CBA so all this MLS mumbojumbo can fade back into the obscurity from whence it came.

James17930
11-12-2019, 10:15 AM
But how are they going to work that, do you think? Just start pretending TAM doesn't exist and count the full number against the cap?

Then the cap really will have to go up to like 10 million, at least, so they don't take up a disproportionate amount of it.

Ultra & Proud
11-12-2019, 11:24 AM
But how are they going to work that, do you think? Just start pretending TAM doesn't exist and count the full number against the cap?

Then the cap really will have to go up to like 10 million, at least, so they don't take up a disproportionate amount of it.
All the rumors I heard is no TAM anymore. The cap is going up for sure and the owners are good with that. Most want it up a lot. What they don't want and what is the major sticking point is the basement salary level. Owners want it kept very low and have it raise very slowly while the PA want it jacked now and have a decent yearly hike.

As for what happens to TAM players now? Absorbed in the new cap or maybe they will give teams more buyouts to accomodate whatever happens.

jabbronies
11-12-2019, 11:47 AM
The DP's are the big thing ... That signing absolutely must be a winger who can play as a center forward when needed (i.e. when Jozy gets injured).

It will be a goal scorer - most probably be a striker. We need creativity in the 18 yard box. A Giovinco type - someone who can take a run into the 18 toward the net - right now no one on the team can do that.

I wouldn't mind replacing Moor with a younger CB - we have our rock in Gonzalez now, it would be tough to get rid of Ciman or Zavaleta at this point, and Moor would have plenty of suitors across the league. That should free up some cap space if we find a relatively cheap domestic player who can be a reliable third-string behind OG/CM/LC

Both Mavinga and Moor will have expiring contracts at the end of 2019. I would love to keep Moor around - hopefully the new CBA allows for this to happen. He'll retire at the end of the year.

Curious to see what Mavinga is worth - I could see the shit head Limp-act Tabernacles trying to go after him and inflating his price.

ag futbol
11-12-2019, 12:20 PM

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-remains-confident-in-gallardo

I don't anticipate this team needing wholesale change, but rather some minor adjustments and we can compete for MLS Cup, SS, and CanChamp next year.

Off-season Needs:

1-2 CBs
DP forward
Starting right back. (Morrow has lost a step and he turns 33 next year)
I’m sketchy on turnover just for the sake of it. Moor is probably done (no issue there).
Ciman, while on a heavy pay packet, knows the team. Continuity is worth something IMO. I’d cut Zavaleta and bring in one of Didic or Zator. Both would be cheap and there’s potential upside.

Morrow I’m on the fence. We saw how painful it was to bring in a new RB. Do we upset the left side? Is it too late to bring back Edwards on minimal dollars?

ensco
11-12-2019, 12:43 PM
We really only have two issues

- way too much money tied up in CBs (something like 2M)
- not good enough on the wing or behind Jozy (need to not just get a backup for Jozy but also probably replace both of Benezet/Gallardo, and have Endoh go back to being a depth guy)

We saw the future Sunday. It's Pozo as a 10 (not a false 9) but with better skill players beside and in front of him. we can unlock any team if we have that (as we pretty much did Sunday)

sn0re
11-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Don't we also getva bit of VdW tam money back?

Initial B
11-12-2019, 01:33 PM

I think Moor will retire either this year or next. Champan is now 25 and has not shown the same development as Osorio did so time for him to go. Ciman... I raised a child with autism and I think it's the right thing to do to keep Ciman on the payroll for at least another 2 year contract to get his daughter some precious development time. Zavaleta is now 27 and in his prime so if that's his ceiling than I think he should be replaced.

Now this is all dependent on how much they raise the salary cap by. If they double it, then there's no point in not keeping some of those players as depth, except to free up some roster slots on better players. I get the feeling that the USL may be seeing a large influx of players next season...

C.Ronaldo
11-12-2019, 03:44 PM
I think Moor will retire either this year or next. Champan is now 25 and has not shown the same development as Osorio did so time for him to go. Ciman... I raised a child with autism and I think it's the right thing to do to keep Ciman on the payroll for at least another 2 year contract to get his daughter some precious development time. Zavaleta is now 27 and in his prime so if that's his ceiling than I think he should be replaced.

Now this is all dependent on how much they raise the salary cap by. If they double it, then there's no point in not keeping some of those players as depth, except to free up some roster slots on better players. I get the feeling that the USL may be seeing a large influx of players next season...

agreed
TFC has to be more than just about winning. Ciman (if a reasonable salary) should stay as depth

stevep
11-12-2019, 04:06 PM

Just a few days ago the big debate was ciman vs Gonzalez to start Sunday.
Ciman is very good.
What if it OG or Mavinga get injured? Then what
Ciman 100% has to stay

pfk
11-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Here's the current state of the centre back salaries which is higher than $2 million:
Omar Gonzalez - $1,193,935, although he arrived mid-season
Chris Mavinga - $663,333
Laurent Ciman - $435,624
Drew Moor - $375,000
Eriq Zavaleta - $296,962

Ultra & Proud
11-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Here's the current state of the centre back salaries which is higher than $2 million:
Omar Gonzalez - $1,193,935, although he arrived mid-season
Chris Mavinga - $663,333
Laurent Ciman - $435,624

This will be what it is next season though unless Mavinga moves on, which is possible. If not, he will be at a higher rate for sure.

At $435K I would keep Ciman.

Mikmacdo
11-12-2019, 05:21 PM
This will be what it is next season though unless Mavinga moves on, which is possible. If not, he will be at a higher rate for sure.

At $435K I would keep Ciman.

I agree keep ciman and bring in a cheap cb from the cpl like zator or didic. Moor and zavs leaving frees up money to spend on a backup striker.

Richard
11-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Mavinga is very underrated and we should do everything we can to get him locked in long term.

I am not convinced about Ciman, I feel like he is an injury away from retirement.

What we should really be worried about is getting a solid Bradley replacement, we need a DP in the position like Poz who is going to take the torch and be the core for years.

James17930
11-12-2019, 05:48 PM
We really only have two issues

- way too much money tied up in CBs (something like 2M)
- not good enough on the wing or behind Jozy (need to not just get a backup for Jozy but also probably replace both of Benezet/Gallardo, and have Endoh go back to being a depth guy)

Why on earth would we get rid of Benezet and Gallardo? Benezet was improving more and more each game, and Gallardo has been described multiple times by the team as a product for the future.

MightyDM
11-12-2019, 07:12 PM
If we stick with a 4-3-3, the midfield 3 can essentially be a triangle with him at the top. He'd be good there.

We should go with something like this:

------------Westberg---------------
Auro---Gonzalez---Mavinga---Morrow
--------Delgado---Bradley-----------
------------Pozuelo-----------------
---RW-------------------LW--------
--------------Jozy------------------

One of the wingers should be a new DP and the other wing can be a rotation of starts for Gallardo, Endoh, DeLeon, and maybe Osorio too (he's versatile enough that he can get minutes in this formation on the wing, in Delgado's spot, or in Pozuelo's spot as the situation necessitates).

The priority list for me is DP winger, backup striker, then there's a big gap and you worry about the rest (backup LB, Ciman replacement, etc.) after you've nailed the first two.

It is very interesting - we have a strong roster in lots of ways but not a 4-3-3 roster. Not sure why Vanney is being so stubborn. We fit a 3-5-2 with the current roster very well - Ciman-Gonzalez -Mavinga; Laryea/ Auro/ Endoh - Marky-Bradley-Oso-DeLeon/Morrow; Poz; Jozy/Mullins. We also fit a 4-4-2. we are overloaded with very good MLS starters in midfield.

ensco
11-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Why on earth would we get rid of Benezet and Gallardo? Benezet was improving more and more each game, and Gallardo has been described multiple times by the team as a product for the future.

We see this differently. I know he scored a couple of huge goals, but Benezet didn’t do enough overall for me relative to other TAM wingers. He was not good enough Sunday.

Gallardo, give me a break. He has to go. Aketxe part deux. Curtis is just talking him up because he has merchandise to move.

Lil'John
11-12-2019, 07:55 PM
We see this differently. I know he scored a couple of huge goals, but Benezet didn’t do enough overall for me relative to other TAM wingers. He was not good enough Sunday.

Gallardo, give me a break. He has to go. Aketxe part deux. Curtis is just talking him up because he has merchandise to move.

Merchandise to move? What do you mean?

MightyDM
11-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Agreed re Benezet. Lovely player but needs to be more than that. Gallardo I don't think we can say as supporters - did not see him. But his place on the bench spoke volumes.

notthesun
11-12-2019, 08:25 PM
I’m sketchy on turnover just for the sake of it. Moor is probably done (no issue there).
Ciman, while on a heavy pay packet, knows the team. Continuity is worth something IMO. I’d cut Zavaleta and bring in one of Didic or Zator. Both would be cheap and there’s potential upside.

Morrow I’m on the fence. We saw how painful it was to bring in a new RB. Do we upset the left side? Is it too late to bring back Edwards on minimal dollars?

I think I agree on Ciman. He scares the hell out of me sometimes but continuity on the backline is important. I don't love his cap hit but if we get rid of Zavaleta and Moor as we probably should that frees up a good amount.

I think Morrow should stay. He's 32, I think he has one more starting quality season in him. We just need a backup LB that can still help us, like Laryea did on the right this year. I would love if we could bring Edwards back.

Agree on Benezet as I've said. Disagree on Gallardo, he hasn't even played 3 games worth of minutes. I haven't loved what I've seen from him or anything but given his relatively low salary I'm fine with giving him a chance to show more next season. Plus, we're thin on the wing anyways.

Agree with others on Chapman, probably time for him to move on. He could be an MVP candidate in the CPL.

Defoe
11-12-2019, 09:55 PM
Bradley DP (year 1) to TAM (year 2+)
Cavalini Loan (year 1) Buy year 2 (DP.)
Altidore to China, Willian in.
Moor out, Zavelta out, Young LB in (Scott Malone) ideally someone younger.

G: Westberg, Bono
LB: Malone, Morrow.
LCB: Mavinga
RCB: Gonzalez, Ciman
RB: Lareya, Auro Jr
DM: Bradley, Delgado, Fraser
AM: Pozuelo, Osorio, Benezet
W: Willian, Deleon, Endoh, Gallardo
F: Cavalini, Mullins, Perruzza(?)

Best 11:

Willian ------- Cavalini ----- Deleon
---------- Pozuelo ----- Osorio
----------------- Bradley
Malone -- Mavinga - Ciman - Lareya
---------------- Westberg

2nd rotation:

Gallardo ------ Perruzza ----- Endoh
---------------- Benezet
--------Delgado----------Fraser
Morrow---(CB?) - Ciman - Auro jr.
----------------- Bono

Start power, great midfield, defence, depth, goaltending, coaching. Back in the supporter shield race for sure.

DavemTFC
11-13-2019, 06:24 AM
I'm fine with keeping Gallardo another year - from what I recall he was always intended to be a bit of a project - and he did make a really good impact off the bench that one game (Colorado I think) when he set up Osorio's winner. There's some talent there and there's also speed, something we have very little of. Having said that he's already 23, I can understand needing some time to get comfy with a new league/country but if he isn't a starter late next year we should move on for 2021 and beyond.

Even if he is a flop though I'm not overly concerned since we made it to a final with Endoh and DeLeon, and we can do it again (and win) as long as at least one of Jozy and the DP winger or backup forward plays too

burlington Red
11-13-2019, 09:25 AM

that's far from being confirmed, if ever. His club are pushing this, as they want a Jan transfer fee as opposed to nothing come the summer, so they are trying to generate interest. Could happen I guess, I just don't see it myself. He may well move to a PL club in Jan but I don't see it being Liverpool.

Oldtimer
11-13-2019, 09:43 AM
TFC do appear to be keeping faith in recent attacking acquisition Erickson Gallardo (http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/erickson-gallardo), with GM Ali Curtis telling the Toronto Sun that the Venezuelan winger remains in the club’s plans (https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-remains-confident-in-gallardo) despite him not appearing in the postseason.

So Gallardo isn't going anywhere. He's a project.

The team is looking for adding another attacking player, pretty obvious need.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/12/toronto-fc-prez-well-shop-strike-partner-altidore-winter-window

ag futbol
11-13-2019, 11:19 AM
You won’t get Cavallini for anything less than full purchase. That’s his market right now. I like him but not sure if we play best with a target man up top. I’d like someone who is versatile enough to hold the ball up a bit but is fast and can get onto balls in behind. Like a Gilberto, but better.

I don’t care if we keep Gallardo but first impressions are he’s underwhelming (playing time or not).

Ultra & Proud
11-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Cavallini is good but pointless unless we have no Jozy. We need a forward with a good amount of versatility. Someone with two good feet and capable of playing all 3 forward positions would be best. Decent speed would be a big bonus because that's something that needs to be addressed.

noimpactinmtl
11-13-2019, 02:55 PM
You won’t get Cavallini for anything less than full purchase. That’s his market right now. I like him but not sure if we play best with a target man up top. I’d like someone who is versatile enough to hold the ball up a bit but is fast and can get onto balls in behind. Like a Gilberto, but better.

I don’t care if we keep Gallardo but first impressions are he’s underwhelming (playing time or not).

Vanney seems to place a lot of faith in Gallardo, and one thing that he pointed out at the End of Season Press Conference was he became a father for the first time. Just getting used to a new country with a new culture and new language alone is a hell of a transition, now becoming a father with sleepless nights. It goes to say that Gallardo never really had a chance to fully transition this year and by the time of the playoffs, an opportunity never opened up where he can use his traits to influence a game as a sub.

I'll be looking out to see Gallardo next year.

ag futbol
11-13-2019, 03:41 PM
Hot off the press: Chapman to Miami for 100k GAM per Kloke

TFC-Fever
11-13-2019, 03:42 PM
https://twitter.com/lauraarmy/status/1194714818139299840?s=20

C.Ronaldo
11-13-2019, 03:42 PM
Hot off the press: Chapman to Miami for 100k GAM per Kloke

im shocked we got 100k
he has the tools but couldn't consistently put it together.

Ultra & Proud
11-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Miami is crazy. Not worth anywhere near that. Bonus money.

TFC-Fever
11-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Miami is crazy. Not worth anywhere near that. Bonus money.

Agree

Oldtimer
11-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Wow. A deal I'd take 10 times out of 10.

benito
11-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Excellent!

Red CB Toronto
11-13-2019, 04:01 PM
Wow. A deal I'd take 10 times out of 10.

Does Jay's homegrown status make him a domestic player for Miami, thats they only way I could see them taking him?

Ultra & Proud
11-13-2019, 04:07 PM
Does Jay's homegrown status make him a domestic player for Miami, thats they only way I could see them taking him?
New CBA will probably class Canadians as domestics on American teams. I have heard the CSA lobbying for this and it makes sense.

Also, I think we're becoming the masters of fleecing teams for allocation $$$. We haven't been on the wrong end of that type of deal in a long time.

MightyDM
11-13-2019, 04:19 PM
im shocked we got 100k
he has the tools but couldn't consistently put it together.

It is more like congestion. He has to play inside and not on the wing - so behind Oso and Poz (who are really battling for one spot) and Benezet really too. If we played 4-4-2 he would get more minutes. Needs to grow. Good for the club in helping him get an opportunity to grow.

CorrwgBach
11-13-2019, 04:26 PM
I feel so sad that I understand GAM and TAM.

Mikmacdo
11-13-2019, 04:27 PM
100k towards keeping bradley with gam money.

MightyDM
11-13-2019, 04:40 PM
I feel so sad that I understand GAM and TAM.

You need a hobby.

notthesun
11-13-2019, 04:55 PM
A big hit to TFC's instagram presence, but a good move. Expansion team should give Chapman a better shot at minutes. He didn't really have a role here anymore.

ensco
11-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Chapman was an important depth player, especially in 2017.

Late in the game in Guadalajara, he subbed in and made to play to Hamilton deep that was almost a real chance.

He deserves a chance to start somewhere.

wopchop
11-13-2019, 05:08 PM
Miami? The Instagram sponsorship opportunities are endless.

Wish him all the best!

ensco
11-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Interesting that this happened in front of the expansion draft. Chapman was a guy we were likely to expose.

EDIT: Whoops. I see that homegrowns under 25 are automatically protected. Now I understand.

DavemTFC
11-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Not a surprise, he's plateaued the last couple of years. Really hope he gets ample minutes in 2020

Miami? The Instagram sponsorship opportunities are endless.

Haha, this is the first thing I thought when I saw the move.

pfk
11-13-2019, 06:13 PM
That last MLS game Chapman played was July 20 against Houston. His last full 90-minute game was against Atlanta on May 8.

He played 522 minutes this year. Hopefully, he gets to play some more in Miami.

I seem to recall him being really well-liked by his teammates and the biggest joker on the team. He seems like a good guy, so best of luck to him.

cincy
11-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Anyone for Zlatan ?

catz4ever
11-13-2019, 07:25 PM
Mavinga just posted he’s moving out!?!?! Do you thinking he’s leaving

OgtheDim
11-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Mavinga said "we surely will win" in his last tweet.

OgtheDim
11-13-2019, 07:34 PM
Speculation Chapman is so Inter does something specific in the expansion draft. The Garber bucks might be the price to buy back whomever Miami takes off us.

MightyDM
11-13-2019, 07:37 PM
Chapman was an important depth player, especially in 2017.

Late in the game in Guadalajara, he subbed in and made to play to Hamilton deep that was almost a real chance.

He deserves a chance to start somewhere.

Agreed. And the club looks good for making it happen.

Voodooman
11-13-2019, 08:04 PM
Or it could be a promise to Miami not to take anyone from our team because of this.

TFC/Everton
11-14-2019, 08:01 AM
I love Cavallini, but if this club wants to stop the slowly declining fan interest (MLS Cup ratings we nearly half of what they were in 2016/17), they need to sign a respected and known DP.

Poz is excellent, but nobody had ever heard of him prior to him joining TFC.

OgtheDim
11-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Listening to Curtis & Manning yesterday, they want a 10-15 goals a year wide forward. Known doesn't come into play for them.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-14-2019, 08:45 AM
Listening to Curtis & Manning yesterday, they want a 10-15 goals a year wide forward. Known doesn't come into play for them.

Very good!
I don't care about "known" either, the only thing should matter is how good and useful for the team is the respective player.

Bushmancan
11-14-2019, 08:58 AM
Very good!
I don't care about "known" either, the only thing should matter is how good and useful for the team is the respective player.

Agreed, there was a time when we needed a big name draw. Would be nice but not the only consideration anymore.

Areathrasher
11-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Mavinga just posted he’s moving out!?!?! Do you thinking he’s leaving

His lease was probably just for the season. He's likely just spending the off season at home.

Ultra & Proud
11-14-2019, 09:27 AM
(MLS Cup ratings we nearly half of what they were in 2016/17), they need to sign a respected and known DP.

MLS Cup ratings have nothing to do with our market. Not our problem that people in LA, Atlanta, and other places without a dog in the final won't watch. Frankly, I could care less. Get us the best guy.

Bobo
11-14-2019, 09:37 AM
So let the baseless speculation begin.

Dries Mertens is out of contract in June and Napoli are a mess right now. Can play anywhere across the front line. Seba-type player but a more willing runner. Was reportedly considering a payday in China. He'll be 33 next year but isn't injury prone and hasn't been showing his age. Some name value and absolutely thrilling to watch when he's on his game. Checks a lot of boxes. Don't think TFC will want to get in a bidding war with Suning/Conte or a Chinese team, though. He might even be a target for the Limp Act, considering Saputo's and Henry's ties.

East Coast Red
11-14-2019, 10:12 AM
So let the baseless speculation begin.

Dries Mertens is out of contract in June and Napoli are a mess right now. Can play anywhere across the front line. Seba-type player but a more willing runner. Was reportedly considering a payday in China. He'll be 33 next year but isn't injury prone and hasn't been showing his age. Some name value and absolutely thrilling to watch when he's on his game. Checks a lot of boxes. Don't think TFC will want to get in a bidding war with Suning/Conte or a Chinese team, though. He might even be a target for the Limp Act, considering Saputo's and Henry's ties.

Maybe if he was 28, but at 33? Pass.

Initial B
11-14-2019, 12:54 PM
If TFC is spending DP money, they will be looking for 25-28 year old in-their-prime striker in the 5-10 million price range. I'm sure they want a top 100 world player if they can manage it.

MightyDM
11-14-2019, 01:01 PM
it will be very interesting to see what they do with MB. Could be TAM; could also be a sort of front loaded deal where he is overpaid this year as a DP and underpaid in years 2-4 to help with roster balance. they were a bit ambiguous in their comments.

Ultra & Proud
11-14-2019, 01:43 PM
it will be very interesting to see what they do with MB. Could be TAM; could also be a sort of front loaded deal where he is overpaid this year as a DP and underpaid in years 2-4 to help with roster balance. they were a bit ambiguous in their comments.
MLS set the precedent by allowing LA to have Pavon as a loan to avoid 4 DPs so it can be done. Barring a typical MLS sudden rule change.

Initial B
11-14-2019, 02:00 PM
I was just reviewing the top soccer player salaries worldwide and other than the top three of Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar, the rest are all probably acquirable if MLSE wants to splash the cash on a 3rd DP. For comparison, the 4th-highest paid player in the world is Paul Pogba at $33million per year, while MLSE is paying Kyle Lowry $34.9million per year for his services.

I wonder what would happen in a MLS owner-operator(say, Arthur Blank) decided to spend $50 million per year on their 3 DPs? Would Garber actively block it? Would it set off an arms race? It would be the most in-your-face method of getting other owners to "put up or shut up" on their desire to compete.

Ultra & Proud
11-14-2019, 02:37 PM
I wonder what would happen in a MLS owner-operator(say, Arthur Blank) decided to spend $50 million per year on their 3 DPs? Would Garber actively block it? Would it set off an arms race?

Guess we'll see in 2021/22 when the guys Beckham really wants are available.

Mikmacdo
11-14-2019, 02:58 PM
The raptors can spend way more because they bring in way more revenue lol. Tfc isnt paying 30 mill a year for anyone lol.

If shaqiri wasnt so injury prone he would be a nice dp winger.

notthesun
11-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Just browsing transfrmarkt here for guys out of contract in summer 2020... I'm curious if we'd go name-brand with a DP or someone lesser known.

"Stars" out of contract in the summer include Willian, Pedro, Gotze, Callejon, Cuadrado (he's probably gonna re-sign though) and Ilicic (underrated).

If we go tier 2 it could be just about anyone... I was looking at one guy, Bryan Linssen, captain of Vitesse and has a good record of production in the Eredivisie. From Youtube highlights he seems to score at least half his goals from headers which is interesting for a winger.

Ultra & Proud
11-14-2019, 04:23 PM
Just browsing transfrmarkt here for guys out of contract in summer 2020... I'm curious if we'd go name-brand with a DP or someone lesser known.

"Stars" out of contract in the summer include Willian, Pedro, Gotze, Callejon, Cuadrado (he's probably gonna re-sign though) and Ilicic (underrated).

If we go tier 2 it could be just about anyone... I was looking at one guy, Bryan Linssen, captain of Vitesse and has a good record of production in the Eredivisie. From Youtube highlights he seems to score at least half his goals from headers which is interesting for a winger.
I bet it's not going to be a star but rather be someone totally under the radar like Pozuelo.

TFC_905
11-14-2019, 04:59 PM
The raptors can spend way more because they bring in way more revenue lol. Tfc isnt paying 30 mill a year for anyone lol.

If shaqiri wasnt so injury prone he would be a nice dp winger.

Shaqiri would be a great signing.... He'd fly down the wing.

stevep
11-15-2019, 10:44 AM
my prediction is bradley signs as dp
and the 12 goal scorer guy is tam

backbeat
11-15-2019, 01:23 PM

me thinks if Bradley isn't signed as a DP then there's something 'hand-shaked' for down the road, as it were, to make amends.....

C.Ronaldo
11-15-2019, 01:26 PM
A big hit to TFC's instagram presence, but a good move. Expansion team should give Chapman a better shot at minutes. He didn't really have a role here anymore.

he had his shot this year early on. wasnt consistent enough

RealG-TFC
11-15-2019, 02:10 PM
me thinks if Bradley isn't signed as a DP then there's something 'hand-shaked' for down the road, as it were, to make amends.....

I think so too, probbaly a guaranteed coaching/other job of some sort.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Dont see it. At most he will get TAM.

Think he's either TAM or high pay. He knows he will coach or sit in FO or both at some point. DP will be a striker, the whole team, FO and support knows and sees this. Couldnt have been more evident at the cup. Like our first cup when we needed Vasquez

ensco
11-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Can we stop? In what universe do the player and the club both publicly acknowledge that they are talking about a non DP deal, but then the player signs a DP deal.

Here is a blinding glimpse of the obvious: Bradley's staying, and it's non DP (or TAM) deal, and they are sorting out term, and what happens depending on different scenarios in the new CBA (if I am him, I'd say, just give me the non DP max under the new deal, whatever that is)

This could still be real money, eg $2-2.5M a year for 3-4 years.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-15-2019, 05:20 PM

Can we stop? In what universe do the player and the club both publicly acknowledge that they are talking about a non DP deal, but then the player signs a DP deal.

Here is a blinding glimpse of the obvious: Bradley's staying, and it's non DP (or TAM) deal, and they are sorting out term, and what happens depending on different scenarios in the new CBA (if I am him, I'd say, just give me the non DP max under the new deal, whatever that is)

Hahahaha this exactly.

Mikmacdo
11-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Bradley isnt worth 2 plus million. Theres no way hes a dp not only because of his play which is solid but his position isnt worthy of using a dp spot on.

OgtheDim
11-16-2019, 06:29 AM
In the right place & time, a DM DP is a good choice - after strikers & midfielders, they are the most valuable piece on any team. If you don't have a decent one, you don't win much anymore.

Bradley has been worth the price because of whom he is as a person & because of how good a DM he has been. He's a rare commodity in that regard.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 08:59 AM

To be fair Ensco, there is one option - MB could be a DP at an inflated rate for one year and then a regular player at a significantly reduced rate for two or three years. Would have an interesting impact on future roster construction - and would be workable if the scorer they want isn’t available until the summer transfer window ie MB gets 5,000,000 this year and 300,000 each of the next three and the future DP gets TAM money this year (for half a season) and DP money next. I agree that this doesn’t seem to be what they are thinking - they want the new player here for the whole year - but there is something going on about how the agreement will be structured.

ensco
11-16-2019, 09:01 AM
Bradley isnt worth 2 plus million.

There is truth to this. Ozzie Alonso never made more than $1.4M. Diego Chara makes $600K.

I think Bradley will get more than $1.4M, just because of the track record of accomplishment here.

ensco
11-16-2019, 09:10 AM
To be fair Ensco, there is one option - MB could be a DP at an inflated rate for one year and then a regular player at a significantly reduced rate for two or three years. Would have an interesting impact on future roster construction - and would be workable if the scorer they want isn’t available until the summer transfer window ie MB gets 5,000,000 this year and 300,000 each of the next three and the future DP gets TAM money this year (for half a season) and DP money next. I agree that this doesn’t seem to be what they are thinking - they want the new player here for the whole year - but there is something going on about how the agreement will be structured.

That is maybe an interesting idea, if you somehow have a big player that you know is coming as a DP in 2021. Hard to imagine though.

TFC/Everton
11-16-2019, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=Ultra & Proud;1913034]MLS Cup ratings have nothing to do with our market. Not our problem that people in LA, Atlanta, and other places without a dog in the final won't watch. Frankly, I could care less. Get us the best guy.[/QUOTE

I was referring to TSN Ratings, not the US market.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 11:36 AM
That is maybe an interesting idea, if you somehow have a big player that you know is coming as a DP in 2021. Hard to imagine though.

Yes. Unlikely because it needs perfect circumstances. I do think they have something up their sleeves though.

PS I am enamoured of it because it’s my idea! I particularly like Bradley saying: “I’ll take a modest contract at the end of my career”. Fantastic leadership.

Ultra & Proud
11-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Yes. Unlikely because it needs perfect circumstances. I do think they have something up their sleeves though.

PS I am enamoured of it because it’s my idea! I particularly like Bradley saying: “I’ll take a modest contract at the end of my career”. Fantastic leadership.
Yeah he has to be back and for the rest of his career. Earlier this season I figured it was time to move in a different direction but Bradley is the heart of the team and I think he is intelligent enough to change his game to go with age. Just give him 4 years at a modest salary, make it a straight decade and then toss a statue outside gate 1.

MightyDM
11-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Yeah he has to be back and for the rest of his career. Earlier this season I figured it was time to move in a different direction but Bradley is the heart of the team and I think he is intelligent enough to change his game to go with age. Just give him 4 years at a modest salary, make it a straight decade and then toss a statue outside gate 1.

I am with you. He looked done. And then he looked superb. A hell of a year for MB. And he really is the player who turned the club around - maybe even more so that Tim L although he deserves lots of credit too.

stevep
11-16-2019, 03:51 PM

How would you do that if tam maximum is $1.5M?

Richard
11-16-2019, 04:13 PM
A DP midfielder is definitely worth it. I would kill to have someone like Kevin Strootman.

Red CB Toronto
11-16-2019, 09:34 PM
How would you do that if tam maximum is $1.5M?

Who knows if it rises in the CBA and/or the cap overall goes up?

Gazza_55
11-19-2019, 05:04 PM
I was just reviewing the top soccer player salaries worldwide and other than the top three of Messi, Ronaldo, and Neymar, the rest are all probably acquirable if MLSE wants to splash the cash on a 3rd DP. For comparison, the 4th-highest paid player in the world is Paul Pogba at $33million per year, while MLSE is paying Kyle Lowry $34.9million per year for his services.

I wonder what would happen in a MLS owner-operator(say, Arthur Blank) decided to spend $50 million per year on their 3 DPs? Would Garber actively block it? Would it set off an arms race? It would be the most in-your-face method of getting other owners to "put up or shut up" on their desire to compete.

Garber can't block it as he has zero say in league financial decisions. The other owners would block it and rightly so.

portu
11-19-2019, 09:55 PM
Garber can't block it as he has zero say in league financial decisions. The other owners would block it and rightly so.

I mean if someone had Pogba (or similar) virtually signed would be a ridiculous decision to block it on so many levels. Some owners can legit afford it so it wouldn't be a stretch as Initial B points out.

Oldtimer
11-19-2019, 10:35 PM
All players signed are subject to league approval. So there can't be any rogue operators. It all depends on what the other owner/operators want to allow.

Voodooman
11-20-2019, 01:07 AM
Apparently, Osorio was battling with an Iron deficiency all season, which led to some weakness.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/toronto-fc-midfielder-osorio-battled-anemia-for-much-of-the-2019-season

rydermike
11-20-2019, 09:07 AM
Is there any website that accuraretly lists the contract status of our players (years left on contract)?

Mikmacdo
11-20-2019, 10:56 AM
Dont we find out today about options being picked up?

OgtheDim
11-20-2019, 01:49 PM
Dont we find out today about options being picked up?

Deadline is tomorrow at 1pm.

stevep
11-20-2019, 02:12 PM
FYI, Bradley announcement is in two weeks

Ultra & Proud
11-20-2019, 03:26 PM
FYI, Bradley announcement is in two weeks
So pass through the re-entry draft and sign for less.

stevep
11-20-2019, 04:35 PM
So pass through the re-entry draft and sign for less.

It was in reference to the two wingers. Manning kept saying two weeks
In his year end statement he said Bradley should be signed in a week

ag futbol
11-20-2019, 07:07 PM
Under the radar here but you would hope next year some of Dunn, Okello, or Perruzza start competing more vigorously for a first team minutes.

If nothing else Perruzza should be loaned out. He’s still only 18 and USL-2 looks too easy for him.

Defoe
11-20-2019, 07:30 PM
Under the radar here but you would hope next year some of Dunn, Okello, or Perruzza start competing more vigorously for a first team minutes.

If nothing else Perruzza should be loaned out. He’s still only 18 and USL-2 looks too easy for him.

Yes it would be nice to find a new partnership for TFC to loan players to at a league higher then CPL or USL

notthesun
11-20-2019, 08:18 PM

I didn't see it posted here but there was a story in the Star that mentioned we're looking at a loan for Fraser if Bradley returns.

I still think I'd rather start reducing Bradley's load and getting Fraser more involved, but if Vanney doesn't want to do that then I guess it is better that Fraser is loaned out and gets to play. But if we go that route it needs to be somewhere where he really will play a lot.

ensco
11-20-2019, 08:49 PM
I still think Morrow is in play. I don’t think you expose a guy of that stature and expect everything to be hunky dory in the locker room next year.

Mikmacdo
11-20-2019, 10:49 PM
Shaff should be loaned out to the cpl like telfer was. Perruzza is probably better than ayo so give him a shot next year.

portu
11-21-2019, 08:44 AM
I still think Morrow is in play. I don’t think you expose a guy of that stature and expect everything to be hunky dory in the locker room next year.

I don't think the Morrow exposure is a big deal. If the FO was smart they would have explained to him that given his age, position, and salary he was highly unlikely to be picked.

ag futbol
11-21-2019, 08:45 AM
I didn't see it posted here but there was a story in the Star that mentioned we're looking at a loan for Fraser if Bradley returns.

I still think I'd rather start reducing Bradley's load and getting Fraser more involved, but if Vanney doesn't want to do that then I guess it is better that Fraser is loaned out and gets to play. But if we go that route it needs to be somewhere where he really will play a lot.
The problem is that Bradley refuses to rest and Vanney can’t seem to make any headway in that battle or just chooses to ignore it.

While we’re better with him in the lineup, there have been a few games where he was clearly gassed but remained on the field to our detriment. I think it’s something we have to manage better for Bradley, Fraser, and TFC in general.

Ultra & Proud
11-21-2019, 09:49 AM
Vets like Morrow know how it works. He knows he is nearing the end of his pro football days and is currently making decent money (for an MLS domestic). Every expansion draft there are a bunch of these kind of players exposed because teams know they're very unlikely to be selected. Happens every time. I don't think too much of being exposed but I wouldn't be surprised if management see Laryea & Auro as better starting options at FB so you never know. But again I think the new CBA will have a lot of say as to who stays and who goes.

GerMc
11-21-2019, 02:49 PM
I thought the deadline for contract decisions was 1 pm today. Has anyone heard anything yet?

Ben - D.O.W.
11-21-2019, 02:52 PM
I thought the deadline for contract decisions was 1 pm today. Has anyone heard anything yet?

NYRB just released there's (Robles, BWP gone, some others) so I'm hoping that's the start and we should hear soon.

fergiejr
11-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Hittin refresh like nobody's business. Nothing yet...

GerMc
11-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Hittin refresh like nobody's business. Nothing yet...

Saw in another story on mlssoccer. com that Ryan Telfer was out of contract, so wonder if that is foreshadowing...that would be too bad, I liked him.

Mikmacdo
11-21-2019, 03:13 PM
Why loan telfer and not bring him back. Hes cheap and did great in thr cpl.

Benezet and Morgan let go but might be back at a lower number. Mullens back is surprising. He was ok i would look at bwp or nemeth as backup 9s.

notthesun
11-21-2019, 03:15 PM
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/11/21/toronto-fc-announces-roster-decisions-conclude-2019-season
(https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/11/21/toronto-fc-announces-roster-decisions-conclude-2019-season)
Options exercised: Auro, Dunn, Laryea, Mavinga, Morrow, Delgado, Fraser, Endoh, Mullins.

Options not exercised: Patterson-Sewell, Morgan, Daniels, Telfer, Bakero.

Out of contract/loan: Moor, Benezet, Bradley.

Under contract: Bono, Westberg, Ciman, Gonzalez, Zavaleta, DeLeon, Dorsey, Gallardo, Okello, Osorio, Pozuelo, Akinola, Altidore.

The release mentions that negotiations are ongoing with Bradley and they are talking with Benezet and Morgan about returns.

Ben - D.O.W.
11-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Mentioned that the club is in negotiations with Bradley, no such mention for Moor or Benezet.

From Ali in the article (nothing on Moor though):
“While we have had positive discussions with Michael and his representation, we also remain in contact with Nico and Ashtone regarding a potential return to the team for 2020."

notthesun
11-21-2019, 03:21 PM
I thought this would be the option year for Zavaleta but I guess that's next year. I was hoping we'd just be able to cut him loose. Maybe one of the expansion teams would take him in a trade?

I think I maybe would have kept Telfer.

Ultra & Proud
11-21-2019, 03:31 PM
I think I maybe would have kept Telfer.

Me too but if the CBA changes the financial landscape a lot then there may be no room for a guy of that level in MLS. Really depends what the basement salary level will be and if the team thinks it would be in the player's best interest to be buried in the supplemental spots. I pass no judgment until the CBA is done and dusted.

Mikmacdo
11-21-2019, 03:54 PM
I wonder if telfer not being able to count in the canadian championship as domestic was why they let him go?

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2019, 04:19 PM
I don't like it at all that Telfer was not kept...

What a horrible deal was when Zavaleta was re-signed, for how many years 3 or 4?

Oldtimer
11-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Why loan telfer and not bring him back. Hes cheap and did great in thr cpl.

Benezet and Morgan let go but might be back at a lower number. Mullens back is surprising. He was ok i would look at bwp or nemeth as backup 9s.

Would Telfer's decision to play for Trinidad factor into the decision, I wonder? Or maybe they are cutting him at his request because he feels his best way forward is in the CPL, and he wants to sign with York9.

levyashin
11-21-2019, 05:00 PM
Possibilities for Ryan Telfer: Sign for TFC ;Be number 20 on the squad;Train play 5 games + in the squad for Voyagers.
CPL: Sign for York 3/4 yrs; train play every game;Be one of the stars:Same money more fun less stress.
Take your pick

Oldtimer
11-21-2019, 05:25 PM
^ makes sense.

I see that thay want to bring Morgan back, but not at his option price. That makes sense. He doesn't play that often, although he's good Canadian depth and apparently very positive in the locker room. I'd bring him back for $90k.

Auzzy
11-21-2019, 05:31 PM
RE the TFC roster decisions, only one that really surprised me is Telfer. Although picking up Morrow's option after exposing him to the expansion draft is also interesting. (Perhaps Morrow would otherwise qualify for the limited free agency for veteran players, and TFC didn't want to lose him that way?) Picking up Mullins' option also triggers a mild head-scratch.

Maybe Zavaleta will be the one yearly buy-out? Or did we use that on VdW?

Possibilities for Ryan Telfer: Sign for TFC ;Be number 20 on the squad;Train play 5 games + in the squad for Voyagers.
CPL: Sign for York 3/4 yrs; train play every game;Be one of the stars:Same money more fun less stress.
Take your pick

Are you sure, same money for him in the CanPL?

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2019, 06:18 PM
Picking up Mullins' option also triggers a mild head-scratch.
+1!
I don't rate Mullins.

Mikmacdo
11-21-2019, 06:29 PM
RE the TFC roster decisions, only one that really surprised me is Telfer. Although picking up Morrow's option after exposing him to the expansion draft is also interesting. (Perhaps Morrow would otherwise qualify for the limited free agency for veteran players, and TFC didn't want to lose him that way?) Picking up Mullins' option also triggers a mild head-scratch.

Maybe Zavaleta will be the one yearly buy-out? Or did we use that on VdW?

Are you sure, same money for him in the CanPL?

He can probably make 70k in the cpl which was what he was making on tfc.

TFC_905
11-21-2019, 09:51 PM
He'd be the highest paid player in CPL at 70k

Mikmacdo
11-21-2019, 10:34 PM
He'd be the highest paid player in CPL at 70k

We dont know cpl salaries. I wonder how much de jong is getting paid.

TFC/Everton
11-21-2019, 10:42 PM
Part of me would love to she Morgan win the CPL MVP award.

Joe Kool
11-21-2019, 11:57 PM
Don't forget Endoh was let go then came back...anything can happen with Telfer. Like Endoh, Telfer could be invited to training camp again and earn a spot back. Who knows....

Ultra & Proud
11-22-2019, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Auzzy;1913348] Picking up Mullins' option also triggers a mild head-scratch.[QUOTE]

This one doesn't bother me too much. We need a few forwards on the roster and he is a solid 3rd or 4th choice. Unfortunately he was first due to us having nobody better.

rydermike
11-22-2019, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=Auzzy;1913348] Picking up Mullins' option also triggers a mild head-scratch.[QUOTE]

This one doesn't bother me too much. We need a few forwards on the roster and he is a solid 3rd or 4th choice. Unfortunately he was first due to us having nobody better.

He is definitely miles ahead of Terrence Boyd and Ben Spencer. I think he's a solid backup for MLS

kuku
11-22-2019, 01:49 PM
Chicago let go of Aleksandar Katai. He would be a good fit for TFC.

Bobo
11-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Chicago let go of Aleksandar Katai. He would be a good fit for TFC.

Always struck me as a bit of a douche. Decent in spurts, but not consistent at all. (Playing under the crappy Paunovic didn't help.) He can play as an outside attacking mid but isn't really a winger or a striker. Would rather bring Benezet back on TAM money.

TFC1154ever
11-22-2019, 02:40 PM
With Morrow coming back for one more season it seems, I’d like to see 3/4 signings.

1) DP winger. Need someone who can break open a match, with a final pass, or someone can score on a half chance. This was evident in the final.

2) This might surprise people, but I’d like us to upgrade on Delgado. I love his off the ball work, and occasionally he makes some nice quick passes (Altidore pass in 2018 champions league) but he leaves a lot to be desired going forward. I’d like to get someone who plays like him off the ball, and better going forward, giving us a little more threat going forward, which takes pressure off Pozuelo.

3) Backup Striker for Altidore. I think Mullins is 3rd guy on the depth chart kind of guy. Someone who can start 10-15 matches a year, and be a somewhat threat (Agedelo?)

4) 4th CB. I kind of get the gist that Moor is going to retire, either now or in one more year. If he retires now, go find a serviceable MLS CB (Zavaleta is our buyout this year).

Having said all that, I think they make 2 of the 4 signings. DP winger, and 4th CB. If that’s the route they go, the DP winger must be able to play striker when Jozy’s eventually hurt.

OgtheDim
11-22-2019, 02:45 PM
I know it makes sense and all but

I will miss Drew Moor and the way he smiled while making his tackles. :frown:

DavemTFC
11-22-2019, 02:49 PM
I expect Bradley and Morgan back on lower salaries

I'd be wary of signing Katai, IIRC he wasn't as good once he got a permanent contract

Joe Kool
11-22-2019, 03:56 PM
I expect Bradley and Morgan back on lower salaries

I'd be wary of signing Katai, IIRC he wasn't as good once he got a permanent contract

He was always a pain in the ass when we played against him.....that is all I know.

Ultra & Proud
11-22-2019, 04:53 PM
I know it makes sense and all but

I will miss Drew Moor and the way he smiled while making his tackles. :frown:
And how he stood up for his teammates and was the voice after Bradley when dealing with various shit.

James17930
11-22-2019, 06:33 PM
And how he stood up for his teammates and was the voice after Bradley when dealing with various shit.

I'm sure he'll be sticking around, either as a player or within the club.

OgtheDim
11-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Nico Hasler is likely to be available via the waiver draft.

Might be worth a punt.

James17930
11-22-2019, 08:24 PM
Nico Hasler is likely to be available via the waiver draft.

Might be worth a punt.

I think we already have enough midfielders.

On a side note, I'm a little surprised that Bradley's contract hasn't been worked out yet.

For two sides who clearly want the same thing, it's taking longer than one might expect, no?

Mikmacdo
11-22-2019, 08:24 PM
With Morrow coming back for one more season it seems, I’d like to see 3/4 signings.

1) DP winger. Need someone who can break open a match, with a final pass, or someone can score on a half chance. This was evident in the final.

2) This might surprise people, but I’d like us to upgrade on Delgado. I love his off the ball work, and occasionally he makes some nice quick passes (Altidore pass in 2018 champions league) but he leaves a lot to be desired going forward. I’d like to get someone who plays like him off the ball, and better going forward, giving us a little more threat going forward, which takes pressure off Pozuelo.

3) Backup Striker for Altidore. I think Mullins is 3rd guy on the depth chart kind of guy. Someone who can start 10-15 matches a year, and be a somewhat threat (Agedelo?)

4) 4th CB. I kind of get the gist that Moor is going to retire, either now or in one more year. If he retires now, go find a serviceable MLS CB (Zavaleta is our buyout this year).

Having said all that, I think they make 2 of the 4 signings. DP winger, and 4th CB. If that’s the route they go, the DP winger must be able to play striker when Jozy’s eventually hurt.

If morgan is let go tfc needs a young leftback to groom under morrow. I wonder if shaffleburg would be a good leftback.

Nemeth from kc would be a nice backup to jozy. What about bwp? I wish they let mullens go. Hes ok as a backup but cant start when jozy is out. What about bringing will Johnson back if fraser is loaned out?

I doubt zavaletta is bought out were stuck with him until vanney is gone.

I think benezet is gone if bradley is brought back.

notthesun
11-22-2019, 08:39 PM
Here's the entire list of players available through the off-season drafts and free agency: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/22/2019-mls-eligible-player-lists

I'm looking but I don't think I see any Nick DeLeon's there really. We also pick 4th last (Seattle and the expansion clubs after) so any players worth taking a flyer on are likely to be gone once we're up.

Waiver draft looks like a bust. In free agency I would maybe consider Meram depending on his salary expectations, maybe Jordan Harvey or Seth Sinovic if either is ok with being a backup. In re-entry I'd maybe consider Opare or O'Neill as cheaper replacements for Zavaleta who is hopefully moved.

ag futbol
11-23-2019, 12:14 AM
+1!
I don't rate Mullins.
I suspect this is a stop-gap until something better arrives at a later date (or is someone is developed).

JuliquE
11-23-2019, 05:10 PM
The problem is that Bradley refuses to rest and Vanney can’t seem to make any headway in that battle or just chooses to ignore it.

While we’re better with him in the lineup, there have been a few games where he was clearly gassed but remained on the field to our detriment. I think it’s something we have to manage better for Bradley, Fraser, and TFC in general.
Full marks.

James17930
11-24-2019, 05:29 AM
Again, anyone find it a bit weird his contract isn't done yet?

For two sides who both supposedly want the same thing, it sure seems to be taking a while.

OgtheDim
11-24-2019, 06:55 AM
The Bradley signing is going to get a day with a presser - couple that with an FO that doesn't leak.

ensco
11-24-2019, 09:13 AM
If Bradley is getting the max non DP amount, it may have to be a handshake deal that awaits the new CBA.

notthesun
11-24-2019, 12:16 PM
If Bradley is getting the max non DP amount, it may have to be a handshake deal that awaits the new CBA.

True. If this is the case I would watch for Manning maybe putting out some hints in the media to tide us over until the CBA is negotiated.

kuku
11-24-2019, 07:14 PM
@NicoSchira
#TorontoFc and #Galatasaray are interested in #Balotelli. Mario could leave #Brescia in January. First talks ongoing. #transfers

Richard
11-24-2019, 07:40 PM
Balotelli & Mavinga would be hilarious.

notthesun
11-24-2019, 07:47 PM
Okay I still think a DP winger is more ideal but Balotelli would be fun as hell.

portu
11-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Balotelli and Altidore would basically force us into 4-4-2. But I'm here for Super Mario.

Westberg; Morrow, Mavinga, Omar, Auro; Pozuelo, Osorio, Bradley, TAM Winger; Jozy, Mario

Detroit_TFC
11-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Balotelli could be a superstar in MLS but he might see it as getting run out of Europe. That probably would put him in the wrong mindset, at least initially. IMO he would eventually realize he should have come to North America years ago. But is TFC the right place for him? IDK.

rydermike
11-24-2019, 08:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6t_FCQ6Vc

Don't want him here.

OgtheDim
11-24-2019, 08:28 PM
Balotelli with the wrong sort of supervision and without people along side him..is a problem.

Balotelli with a captain who speaks Italian, a LOT of black players on the team & with the right sort of motivation.... bosses this league.

My issue is he won't play out wide so it moves us back to a 2 man front, which to me is a downgrade from where we are.

Ultra & Proud
11-24-2019, 08:28 PM
Balotelli could be a superstar in MLS but he might see it as getting run out of Europe. That probably would put him in the wrong mindset, at least initially. IMO he would eventually realize he should have come to North America years ago. But is TFC the right place for him? IDK.

I think he wants out, not run out. He has a young family and he has had enough of the racist crap that's going on all over the place in Europe, especially Italy.

Mikmacdo
11-24-2019, 10:07 PM
No mario unless jozy is sold or they add a dp spot or two in the next cba. I cant see vanney wanting mario.

James17930
11-24-2019, 10:29 PM
Balotelli and Altidore would basically force us into 4-4-2. But I'm here for Super Mario.

Westberg; Morrow, Mavinga, Omar, Auro; Pozuelo, Osorio, Bradley, TAM Winger; Jozy, Mario

Or a 3-5-2.

ensco
11-24-2019, 10:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6t_FCQ6Vc

Don't want him here.

The fact that he didn’t take some worthless preseason friendly seriously is all you need to know... about the people who are upset about that.

Not looking to make this personal, but I mean, cmon... a clinical finisher of his caliber is not available to a secondary league all that often.

If he would come on $5M, he would be worth the DP spot. He is one of the 25 best strikers in the world.

RealG-TFC
11-24-2019, 10:56 PM
He has so much potential to be a home-run for us that I get overlooking the possible problems. We would have won MLS Cup handedly with him on the field.

_Ds6eysNSEA

Lbhu3caBTM8

OgtheDim
11-24-2019, 11:04 PM
I think this is probably not all that serious, to be honest. I'd take him but if its us versus a major team in Turkey, I think he goes to Turkey.

ensco
11-24-2019, 11:09 PM
I think this is probably not all that serious, to be honest. I'd take him but if its us versus a major team in Turkey, I think he goes to Turkey.

Agree. I believe they would pay him $10M+ a year there. It’s just a totally different level of competition for the better Euro players that slide out of the big four leagues.

DinamoTFC
11-24-2019, 11:17 PM
This is the type of transfer gossip entertainment I am looking for.

notthesun
11-25-2019, 12:00 AM
He's supremely talented. It would pretty much either go up in flames or he'll set records here.

He's supposedly on somewhere around $3.5 million if he hits all his bonuses with Brescia (he won't). I don't think he'd be mega-expensive.

James17930
11-25-2019, 03:58 AM
Agree. I believe they would pay him $10M+ a year there. It’s just a totally different level of competition for the better Euro players that slide out of the big four leagues.

But he'd still have to put up with all the same shit in Turkey that he's got to now - I can definitely see him wanting to come here to reinvigorate his career, not to mention have a comfortable life.

Areathrasher
11-25-2019, 06:23 AM
He's the type of player that can be fun but im probably leaning towards watching him being fun for someone else.

Good that we have a rumor and silly season can start though :lol:

portu
11-25-2019, 06:50 AM
The fact that he didn’t take some worthless preseason friendly seriously is all you need to know... about the people who are upset about that.

Not looking to make this personal, but I mean, cmon... a clinical finisher of his caliber is not available to a secondary league all that often.

If he would come on $5M, he would be worth the DP spot. He is one of the 25 best strikers in the world.

$5m? That's Jozy money. Giovinco got 7m. The guy is going to be asking for upwards of 7m and he'd be totally justified given the kinds of contracts we've given out.

ensco
11-25-2019, 07:24 AM
$5m? That's Jozy money. Giovinco got 7m. The guy is going to be asking for upwards of 7m and he'd be totally justified given the kinds of contracts we've given out.

We agree

PizzaEatingYeti
11-25-2019, 08:01 AM
I dunno about Balotelli.
TFC could easily hit a triple homerun with him (1-1 in 3 consecutive seasons :drinking:), or could be easily the worst signing in the history of TFC.

This guy is a native "joker", he's just not the serious enough professional TFC needs.
I mean we all know what a f_uker was VDW before coming here, and he was here again what everywhere else was in his career, ...but he may look like a little boy beside the major fu_ckery Balotelli can bring to TFC.

I dunno...

PizzaEatingYeti
11-25-2019, 08:06 AM
He's supremely talented. It would pretty much either go up in flames or he'll set records here.

He's supposedly on somewhere around $3.5 million if he hits all his bonuses with Brescia (he won't). I don't think he'd be mega-expensive.

If he's really getting just around 3.5 million tops with Brescia, give him 5 million, with some bonuses topping 6 million, depending on performance.
All the other conditions he will experience will be a lot better than anything he can experience in Turkey... except the cold.

portu
11-25-2019, 08:34 AM
We agree

Don't think we do.. Balotelli on anything below 8 million is worth the DP spot imo.

rydermike
11-25-2019, 08:41 AM
The main reason I don't want him is the fact that he can become a major disappointment from coming in with the wrong attitude and thinking it'll be so easy (ie. vDw). Nothing about his quality. If he comes in with the right determination, he could be one of the, if not, the best striker in the league. Key word is IF.

Also, on a funny note, whenever I think of Mario, I remember this and laugh lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYU-SeVofHs

flambe
11-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Well, he does already have a TFC jersey and is familiar with our training ground....
https://twitter.com/finallymario/status/492364464361312256?lang=en

:hump:

ensco
11-25-2019, 10:28 AM
Don't think we do.. Balotelli on anything below 8 million is worth the DP spot imo.

Ah you are right. I agree, that is what it would take to get him.

But I look at Pozo and worry about what he would think if we did that. I’d rather get someone at a number that works better in the room.

jabbronies
11-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Pass on Ballotelli.

If Inter, City, Milan, Liverpool, Nice, Marseille and the Italian National team can't get this guy to play nice - what makes you think an MLS team can do any different?o any different?

ag futbol
11-25-2019, 11:05 AM
Really mixed feelings on this one. The upside is potentially huge but so is the downside.

I feel If the money is actually there for this signing we could potentially set our sights higher.

Canary10
11-25-2019, 11:11 AM
The main reason I don't want him is the fact that he can become a major disappointment from coming in with the wrong attitude and thinking it'll be so easy (ie. vDw). Nothing about his quality. If he comes in with the right determination, he could be one of the, if not, the best striker in the league. Key word is IF.

Also, on a funny note, whenever I think of Mario, I remember this and laugh lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYU-SeVofHs

What about when he burned his house down? Setting off fireworks in his bathroom in the middle of the night before the Manchester derby.

djking2
11-25-2019, 11:58 AM
My favourite would be writing off his Audi R8 on the six block drive to the stadium. On the other hand if he sat down and impressed the front office I'd back the move. In fact I was a little irresponsible in my jearly twenties too.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Ah you are right. I agree, that is what it would take to get him.

But I look at Pozo and worry about what he would think if we did that. I’d rather get someone at a number that works better in the room.

This! Big time!
How Poz would feel?

Is Balotelli worth more than twice as much for our team than Poz?

Never. Ever.
Just in a parallel world maybe!

TFC1154ever
11-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Vanney wants players working hard in practice. Balotelli has notoriously been a slacker in training. Guy has got into it with almost every manager. No thank you. Has unbelievable talent, but not worth the headache. He should get out of Italy though.

ag futbol
11-25-2019, 01:51 PM
Vanney wants players working hard in practice. Balotelli has notoriously been a slacker in training. Guy has got into it with almost every manager. No thank you. Has unbelievable talent, but not worth the headache. He should get out of Italy though.
This is it. We depend quite a bit on the average player here feeling they get a fair shake. We have DP’s that lead by example and train hard, everyone else follows.

Why not look for the next Gio, Vela, or Martinez instead of going down this road?

SoccMan2
11-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Balotelli yes please! This is exactly what this team needs. I mean this team went on a great run made the MLS Cup final and could have won, but still did anyone outside us hardcore really notice? This club needs some excitement needs people to start caring again and more. Yes Balotelli would be a risk but man the attention he will bring this club will be priceless, ever since Gio left that something something has seemed to have left this team, and only a guy like Super Mario can bring it back, please TFC make it happen!

Canary10
11-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Personally, I'd have no problem rescuing Balotelli from this:

Italian soccer club Brescia President Massimo Cellino, asked about his struggling forward, Mario Balotelli, responded: “He’s black, what can I say, he’s working on clearing himself but he’s having a lot of difficulty.”

(https://t.co/tK9z0uzrUC?amp=1)

I don't even know what to say about that. That's pure shit.

rydermike
11-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Sporting KC interested in Lucas Cavallini

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/21/report-sporting-kansas-city-interested-canadian-striker-lucas-cavallini?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=unpaid

PaceyWinger
11-25-2019, 03:29 PM
Bring us Cavallini! Just for the Oso bromance puff peices in the Sun it'll be worth it!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-25-2019, 03:54 PM
In fact I was a little irresponsible in my jearly twenties too.

Yeah people tend to forget this. I was a half wit from 13-30. Also wasn't under a microscope making millions or an adoptee facing racism in the country I was raised in.

I've always felt bad for dude despite some of his stupidity. I think if FO vetted him and ok'd it, it's the type of environment he'd thrive in.

gracos
11-25-2019, 04:12 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/11/25/report-colorado-rapids-sign-drew-moor-free-agent

Drew Moor is heading back to the Colorado Rapids

Ultra & Proud
11-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Yeah people tend to forget this. I was a half wit from 13-30. Also wasn't under a microscope making millions or an adoptee facing racism in the country I was raised in.

I've always felt bad for dude despite some of his stupidity. I think if FO vetted him and ok'd it, it's the type of environment he'd thrive in.
I am still skeptical of this possible signing but this is true.

Also the idea of Jozy/Balo running at MLS defenses together is interesting.

Bobo
11-25-2019, 04:46 PM
Sad to see Moor go, but I don't think he's fits on a team with title aspirations anymore. Retiring in Colorado is a nice story. TFC will definitely need a replacement now, given Mavinga's injury issues.

I hope this Balo stuff goes away. Same child who came up through the Inter ranks. Guy has caused problems everywhere he's played. Unprofessional and doesn't suit Vanney's needs. He'd be coming for a vacation and huge payday. He went back to Brescia on a "hometown discount" and hasn't even been worth that. The racism is obviously terrible, but he lost the benefit of the doubt long ago.

notthesun
11-25-2019, 04:51 PM
Transcribing some tweets (https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1199053442897121281) from Duane Rollins, FWIW:

"Before I begin I acknowledge that I am incredibly biased when it comes to Mario Balotelli. I don’t typically wear a name in the back of my strips. There are two exceptions. Pablo Zabaleta and, yeah, Mario. I am a Balotelli fanboy. I’m not blind to Mario’s faults. He’s a guy that too often let’s his emotions get the better of him. He needs structure and security to be successful and he will shut down when he doesn’t feel supported. Mario is also a victim of racism. Throughout his life. That has shaped him in ways most of us cannot understand and, IMO, it gets brushed over too often and too quickly in the narrative around Mario. With the preamble behind us...what does all that mean as it relates to the possibility of him joining a MLS team/TFC? Shrug. It would depend on whether he felt supported here. I *think* this market might be more supportive than the moron ultra trash he deals with now, but...?

I’ll say this: if he does feel supported...he will excel here. He is a muscular forward that MLS defenders would struggle with. He is more technically skilled than them AND stronger. And if you have Mario and Jozy on the same team you figure out how to play them together. That’s a *very* dangerous attacking duo. If #TFCLive signs Mario and he shows up motivated then TFC is very much a MLS Cup contending team, maybe even the favourites. So, it’s absolutely worth the risk in my mind. That said, I’ll believe it when I see it."

Red I
11-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Sad to see Moor go, but I don't think he's fits on a team with title aspirations anymore. Retiring in Colorado is a nice story. TFC will definitely need a replacement now, given Mavinga's injury issues.

I hope this Balo stuff goes away. Same child who came up through the Inter ranks. Guy has caused problems everywhere he's played. Unprofessional and doesn't suit Vanney's needs. He'd be coming for a vacation and huge payday. He went back to Brescia on a "hometown discount" and hasn't even been worth that. The racism is obviously terrible, but he lost the benefit of the doubt long ago.
Benefit of the doubt when there is clear evidence?? Because of a guy's past, you equate factual events as a "boy who cried wolf" scenario? If you are stating this about his play specifically, when you are targetted, with no support from the league, your team, your supporters and management, in fact belittled by all of them, u should still be great? Maybe it has effect on life and your play, in general?

notthesun
11-25-2019, 05:52 PM
https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/1199094936945254403?s=19

Bobo
11-25-2019, 05:52 PM
Benefit of the doubt when there is clear evidence?? Because of a guy's past, you equate factual events as a "boy who cried wolf" scenario? If you are stating this about his play specifically, when you are targetted, with no support from the league, your team, your supporters and management, in fact belittled by all of them, u should still be great? Maybe it has effect on life and your play, in general?

Balotelli doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because he's been trouble basically everywhere he's played for the past decade. Would have said the exact same thing last summer. I see no reason to believe he'll come to North America and live happily ever after.

Ultra & Proud
11-25-2019, 06:00 PM
Balotelli doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because he's been trouble basically everywhere he's played. I don't see reason to believe he'll come to North America and live happily ever after.
He was good in France.

Bobo
11-25-2019, 06:09 PM
He was good in France.

Off the top of my head:

Nice dropped him due to showing up to training late and overweight. Then he had a falling-out with Vieira at the same time he stopped producing. His last game with Marseille was marred by a red card after something like five minutes. He scored some goals but they didn't want him there longer than six months.

I was a fan of his before most, but the guy is trouble. If he does end up in Toronto, which, somehow, is seeming increasingly likely, I'll be praying I come to eat these words.

https://twitter.com/MLSnewss/status/1199033707543310341

Ultra & Proud
11-25-2019, 06:12 PM
Off the top of my head:

Nice dropped him due to showing up to training late and overweight. Then he had a falling-out with Vieira at the same time he stopped producing. His last game with Marseille was marred by a red card after something like five minutes. He scored some goals but they didn't want him there longer than six months.
Hey I'm not really for it at all. I will just give the benefit of the doubt to Vanney & company to do their due dilligence. They are pretty good at that minus VDW who was a Bez score.

I'd rather see a much better version of Benezet come in on DP money but it is what it is.

Richard
11-25-2019, 06:41 PM
https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/1199094936945254403?s=19

I feel there is something lost in translation.

Otherwise you don't even see this type of overt racism down in the south USA.

100% behind the move if its a two year pay him whatever he want type of deal.

Mikmacdo
11-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
-----------bradley-----------'
Delgado----osorio----
----------pozuelo-------
---jozy-------balotelli

Or

Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
Gallardo-poz-bradley-osorio
-------------Jozy-mario

Or tfc plays a 4-3-3 cause jozy will be hurt half the time and mario suspended the other half ��

sn0re
11-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Reports on the Rapids signing Moor

Ultra & Proud
11-25-2019, 07:41 PM
Or tfc plays a 4-3-3 cause jozy will be hurt half the time and mario suspended the other half ��

There you go. See, it'll work out perfectly.

rydermike
11-25-2019, 07:42 PM
Another of my favourite balotelli stories

https://youtu.be/AwXgfBzK_L4

InDa_110
11-25-2019, 07:48 PM
You think Giovinco would lose his shit when the crummy Delgados of the team made a bad pass to him?

Wait and see how this guy reacts.

kodiakTFC
11-25-2019, 08:26 PM
You think Giovinco would lose his shit when the crummy Delgados of the team made a bad pass to him?

Wait and see how this guy reacts.

This actually made me chuckle. You see pozuelo do it a bit too.

OgtheDim
11-25-2019, 08:31 PM
Heck, you see Osorio do it.

Moor to the Rapids makes sense as they will find a place to play him & he has more non- MLS contacts down there. He is NOT interested in coaching but would be decent as a colour analyst. I could see him finding a niche in something down there more then here.

But...still sad to see him go.

notthesun
11-25-2019, 09:57 PM
It was fun for a while.

https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1199156802648195072

Red I
11-25-2019, 10:04 PM
It was fun for a while.

https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1199156802648195072
Man, why u gotta kill this dream?? Lol

James17930
11-25-2019, 11:22 PM
It could still be true ... or they were floating a balloon.

Oldtimer
11-26-2019, 12:00 AM
It could still be true ... or they were floating a balloon.

I'd believe KJ, if he says it's completely false, it's completely false. All kinds of crazy rumours come this time of year, some of them sparked by player agents with ulterior motives or by foreign journalists looking for a story where there isn't one.

Balotelli doesn't fit the pattern of player this team is looking for. I expect a hard working wide player.

DavemTFC
11-26-2019, 05:56 AM
Moor to the Rapids makes sense as they will find a place to play him & he has more non- MLS contacts down there. He is NOT interested in coaching but would be decent as a colour analyst. I could see him finding a niche in something down there more then here.

But...still sad to see him go.
This. Always had a feeling he'd retire somewhere in the States and there are connections with it being a former team and Fraser being the coach. Hopefully for him it's the right fit, he deserves that. A class act and probably the best CB in club history so far

DavemTFC
11-26-2019, 06:04 AM
re: Balo, I think Toronto would be a perfect fit for him in terms of the city, but really doesn't fit the needs of the team right now. Maybe in a couple years when Jozy starts to slow down?

I'd actually love to see him in Montreal, and they need a center forward there. Plus I'd feel a lot better letting them take the risk of signing them