https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4RlDl7z3w

On the avenue, there ain't never a curfew, ladies work so hard
Such a melting pot, on the corner selling rock, preachers pray to God
Hail a gypsy cab, takes me down from Harlem to the Brooklyn Bridge
Someone sleeps tonight with a hunger far more than an empty fridge

Have a It People

Oldtimer
09-08-2019, 06:01 AM
A win here could put TFC in a home playoff game spot.

Mikmacdo
09-08-2019, 08:03 AM
It would be great if Herdman could release Laryea early so he could play in this game.

I think Cordova will get the start in the next game for Canada so why bother keeping him eh?

Morrow is doubful to play. Deleon is hurt again. I dont get why Vanney took Auro off when Deleon was still hobbling around out there. I believe Vanney was saving Moor for this game (smaller field and grass) and thats why Ciman started.

Auro-Omar-Moor-Morgan
Pozuelo-Bradley-Delgado
Gallardo-Jozy-Benezet

Maybe give the Shaff a start here for more rotation.

Graeme
09-08-2019, 08:24 AM
Based on the timing of subs from last game, I suspect:

Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--Morgan
Poz--Bradley--Delgado
Gallardo--Jozy--Shaff

SPALE
09-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Based on the timing of subs from last game, I suspect:

Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--Morgan
Poz--Bradley--Delgado
Gallardo--Jozy--Shaff

If the CMNT players are still gone and delion injury is nothing big. I think you will see the same lineup as last night with the only change being up front Jozy for Mullins No way you can sit Nico and play shaff on Wednesday. Maybe at home on Sunday but no way against Nycfc Nico’s got two in two game and you need to just keep riding that. If the National team guys are back then Delion will prob sit and you will see a change there too. Ciman is hit and miss for the next game as well. I think CM (ankle) will still be out and if he is then Ciman should get the start again. I felt that he earned it last night.

MightyDM
09-09-2019, 07:36 AM
On the tiny field touch matters. That speaks to Benezet and Ciman (there is a logic to Moor as well). Oso would be playing if he was with us for that reason.

Section_105
09-09-2019, 08:06 AM
Nice mid-week trip to the big apple. Now if only they could blow out a side of yankee stadium to create a proper pitch shape ;) Hopefully the team does nothing but close quarter rondos to get ready for the 1/2 touch max super futsal court.

Graeme
09-09-2019, 08:06 AM
On the tiny field touch matters. That speaks to Benezet and Ciman (there is a logic to Moor as well). Oso would be playing if he was with us for that reason.

While I would love Benezet to start, I'm not sure his fitness is up for two 90 mins in 4 days. I imagine that is what held him out of the line-up for so long.

Kayaker
09-09-2019, 08:32 AM
I watched NYFC's last game, they look like they can be beat. They've got some international absences, and it looks like Moralez is suspended due to yellow card accumulation. Of course on that pitch, any game is a crap shoot.

Yohan
09-09-2019, 08:37 AM
Heber is also out injured. He's their star striker

Mikmacdo
09-09-2019, 08:55 AM
14 goals in 20 games and came from Croatian league. Makes you think maybe TFC should let Jozy go and look for a guy like Heber who probably costs 1/5th.

Super
09-09-2019, 09:17 AM
14 goals in 20 games and came from Croatian league. Makes you think maybe TFC should let Jozy go and look for a guy like Heber who probably costs 1/5th.

Jozy is a beast, and when he plays he's easily one of our best players. But he's unreliable. We need a striker who will play the vast majority of the games, and who is less injury prone, and also who isn't going to miss games due to international call-ups. He's played 17 and missed 12. That's just not good enough. He missed even more last year.

OgtheDim
09-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Every time Jozy doesn't play a game, the "we should consider somebody else" stuff comes out.

Until he plays again.

In this game, I want his technical skill against their CB's. Benezet should be good to go - it's Gallardo I'd be more worried about.

Oldtimer
09-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Sounds like we're meeting them at an opportune time. Hope TFC can make the most of the opportunity. I had it penciled in as a "loss," but now a tie or even a win is possible, although not guaranteed.

Oldtimer
09-09-2019, 11:02 AM

I guess you're saying you would prefer a cheaper player to be injured? :confused:

Me, I'd prefer an uninjured player.:D

RealG-TFC
09-09-2019, 12:47 PM
Jozy is reliable when it matters most; playoffs.

MightyDM
09-09-2019, 01:02 PM
While I would love Benezet to start, I'm not sure his fitness is up for two 90 mins in 4 days. I imagine that is what held him out of the line-up for so long.

Fair point. I was assuming either defensive systems or attitude message from coaching staff

MightyDM
09-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Bird in the hand. For every Hebert there is a failure of an acquisition by someone - maybe even two.

Canary10
09-09-2019, 01:14 PM
Every time Jozy doesn't play a game, the "we should consider somebody else" stuff comes out.

Until he plays again.

In this game, I want his technical skill against their CB's. Benezet should be good to go - it's Gallardo I'd be more worried about.

Ha! This is so accurate.

OgtheDim
09-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Matrita has been injured but scored a decently played one on Saturday (admittedly a cross to 4 open guys so one of them was bound to bundle it in) & a pen. He was a handful.

As for this game, the team we played back in the spring is not who they have been since. They are NOT going to be easy by any means & a point is more then most people expect us to get. We have to be locked down defensively agaisnt a team that loves to play the channels and play width (i.e. plays exactly where we are weakest). They are not the pass happy NYC of old - they play like we do with a block and then break. NYC are hard to break down - only 2 teams with less GA then them (LA & Atlanta) and when they get it, they play their quick passes and run.

We need to put their back line under pressure with quick quick passing & LOTS of movement everywhere. If we are lazy balling it around the back, we are dead meat.

Yohan
09-09-2019, 02:46 PM
Somehow, TFC's league record in past 10 games is 5W 2L 3D.
Decent form, despite it looks like TFC is crapping the bed.

Mikmacdo
09-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Jozy is a beast, and when he plays he's easily one of our best players. But he's unreliable. We need a striker who will play the vast majority of the games, and who is less injury prone, and also who isn't going to miss games due to international call-ups. He's played 17 and missed 12. That's just not good enough. He missed even more last year.Exactly, between injuries, callups and not playing on turf its a nightmare to be missing a DP for 50% of the games the past two years.

Kayaker
09-09-2019, 03:42 PM
.... and it looks like Sean Johnson was released from international duty, he'll probably start against us.

and apparently the fine that Moralez paid for simulation vs. Cincinnati reset his good behaviour rating (i.e. it effectively takes away one yellow). He's now available for the game vs us.

pfk
09-09-2019, 03:55 PM
Even though NYCFC have only lost one at home this season on the kid-sized turf. I'd be happy with a draw and real happy for a win.

OgtheDim
09-09-2019, 04:49 PM
.... and it looks like Sean Johnson was released from international duty, he'll probably start against us.

and apparently the fine that Moralez paid for simulation vs. Cincinnati reset his good behaviour rating (i.e. it effectively takes away one yellow). He's now available for the game vs us.

The opposite for Moralez - he's still suspended.

https://twitter.com/GlennCrooks/status/1171100924238016513

Kayaker
09-10-2019, 07:43 AM
The opposite for Moralez - he's still suspended.

https://twitter.com/GlennCrooks/status/1171100924238016513

As I quickly read it, it sounded like the yellow cards had been reset (i.e. the reduction of one via 4 games of 'good' behavior). I saw both tweets, but I concentrated on the graph. It looks like the reduction vs. Columbus didn't happen due to the fine vs. Cincinatti. Ergo, the NE yellow was his 5th and therefore warrants a suspension.

Thanks for fixing my faulty logic!

CBTFC
09-10-2019, 08:15 AM
As a couple others have mentioned, all things considered I'd settle for a draw for this one, and then if we can pull off a win against the Rapids on Sunday we'd be in really good shape moving forward.

OgtheDim
09-10-2019, 09:19 AM
As I quickly read it, it sounded like the yellow cards had been reset (i.e. the reduction of one via 4 games of 'good' behavior). I saw both tweets, but I concentrated on the graph. It looks like the reduction vs. Columbus didn't happen due to the fine vs. Cincinatti. Ergo, the NE yellow was his 5th and therefore warrants a suspension.

Thanks for fixing my faulty logic!

I was confused by both tweets as well - finally went with "well the league says x" in my mind

Oldtimer
09-10-2019, 09:36 AM
Moralez is suspended:

With Moralez suspended for Wednesday’s home match versus Toronto FC due to yellow card accumulation, Torrent hinted that Medina would make his fifth start in 15 games against the Reds.

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/new-york-city-fc/maxi-moralez-asks-jesus-medina-to-send-new-york-city-fc-to-the-top-of-the-table/

Heber out injured is even more significant:

Heber has scored 14 goals in 17 games this season. Only three players have scored more. More pertinently, New York have gone 12-2-3 in games that Heber has played. In matches that Heber has not played, City have gone 2-3-5. That paints the full picture.

https://mlsmultiplex.com/2019/09/06/new-york-city-fc-heber-injury-disastrous-seems/

stevep
09-10-2019, 10:23 AM
As a couple others have mentioned, all things considered I'd settle for a draw for this one, and then if we can pull off a win against the Rapids on Sunday we'd be in really good shape moving forward.

in the span of 4 days BET365 had our chance of winning this game at 24%, as of this morning BET365 has our chance of winning this game at 35%
this is a huge move

Bobo
09-10-2019, 05:06 PM
TFC dodged two bullets with Moralez and Heber out, but Castellanos is a very good backup striker by MLS standards. I don't expect TFC to get their first clean sheet in forever tomorrow.

Given the dimensions of that field and that Vanney doesn't rate Morgan, I'm thinking (or at least hoping) we see Mavinga at LB if he's healthy enough to start.

Auro--Moor--Gonzalez--Mavinga
---Pozuelo--Bradley--Delgado---
--Gallardo----Jozy----Benezet--

EDIT - Just noticed NY will be without several starting and backup defenders, too. Starting to like TFC's chances in this one.

MightyDM
09-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Vanney played morgan to get him some minutes. If Morrow doesn't start, he does.

Oldtimer
09-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Vanney played morgan to get him some minutes. If Morrow doesn't start, he does.

Exactly. I wouldn't say Vanney doesn't rate Morgan, it's just he's down the depth chart.

James17930
09-10-2019, 10:28 PM
Plus we've played pretty well in NYC over the last few years. I'd say we have a very decent chance of poaching a win here.

Mikmacdo
09-11-2019, 05:22 PM
Same lineup as last game but Jozy in. I like it, probably the strongest lineup we have seen all season.

SPALE
09-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Same lineup as last game but Jozy in. I like it, probably the strongest lineup we have seen all season.

Figured that’s what it would be. There was no reason to change anything but Jozy and cm If he was good to go. I love the lineup I’m hoping for a good showing from the boys tonight. I think it can be done

Graeme
09-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Mavinga is also in for Ciman

benito
09-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Strong lineup tonight. Looking forward to the match.

ag futbol
09-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Arrg.. that’s not good.

This field is a joke. Shame on the league for continuing to allow this farce

michaeltfc91
09-11-2019, 06:25 PM
another blown call against us .... how many times are referees going to kill us. Never a foul

leafsman
09-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Give that guy a 10

Mikmacdo
09-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Which field is smaller? York9s or this shit?

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Seen em given - chances are going to happen both ways.

ensco
09-11-2019, 06:30 PM
I can’t explain why but I think we will come back and win this game.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Ball movement way too slow.

Esp Pozuelo - if you don't make the dribble, you have to make the pass

ag futbol
09-11-2019, 06:39 PM
A lot of poetic being waxed on a team by the commentators. Interesting given we really have accomplished sweet nothing this season and are down 1-0

portu
09-11-2019, 06:40 PM
A lot of poetic being waxed on a team by the commentators. Interesting given we really have accomplished sweet nothing this season and are down 1-0

What else would you expect with Dunfield on the call.

portu
09-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Still want to see Benezet in the middle and Poz on the left.

stevep
09-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Arrg.. that’s not good.

This field is a joke. Shame on the league for continuing to allow this farce
TFC 4-3-3 is negated by this field

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 06:42 PM
Every single player is taking an extra touch

ensco
Jozy is going to go supernova.

We have scuffed balls into him in the box four times so far.

benito
Tfc passing is off. Most passes are either short or long.

mauser09
09-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Gallardo can't get a solid cross in, Jozy looks frustrated

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Omar didn't need to stick his arms out there. That's what gave the NY player the chance to dive.

Sometimes Delgado & Bradley go too far forward together. Dangerous on this tiny pitch.

TFC has had some decent chances as well, but their final balls have been very poor.

Now Mavinga also stuck his arms out like an idiot, could have been a PK.

I dunno, TFC look a little lax here. They were much more focussed last week. I hope they get it together.

Mikmacdo
09-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Gallardo looks awful. Wow. Should have brought janson back.

ag futbol
09-11-2019, 06:47 PM
It would be nice if this team actually played like it wanted to be higher in the standings.

Describing this performance at apathetic is generous.

Omar
The players haven't adjusted to the smaller pitch. They're not playing quickly enough thinking they're playing on a larger pitch. This lack of urgency isn't new, however. The players' expectations dampen in stadiums with abnormal pitches, and they tend to be sloppier than normal. It's always been apparent under Vanney's spell except for 2017.

We can definitely play better than this, but the players are lacking belief.

portu
Yet to see anything from Gallardo which tells me that he's more than just his pace. Disappointed.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 06:49 PM
We usually play the ball well in this stadium passing it around way quicker then this.

Our passing is really really really bad though. Like worst I've seen all season.

portu
09-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Omar didn't need to stick his arms out there. That's what gave the NY player the chance to dive.

Sometimes Delgado & Bradley go too far forward together. Dangerous on this tiny pitch.

TFC has had some decent chances as well, but their final balls have been very poor.

Now Mavinga also stuck his arms out like an idiot, could have been a PK.

I dunno, TFC look a little lax here. They were much more focussed last week. I hope they get it together.

I wonder if that has to do with the fact that it was a match against the worst team in the league. Can play lax and still win and look competent.

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Yet to see anything from Gallardo which tells me that he's more than just his pace. Disappointed.

I think he's looked decent in some of the other games. I don't think this tiny pitch is good for him though.

stevep
09-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Who needs a regulation field.
Let's just play final third vs final third
Kind of like one on one basketball

Omar
09-11-2019, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jozy gets subbed early on in the 2nd half. He's not chasing after loose balls, and he's getting more frustrated as the game passes on.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 06:53 PM
I think he's looked decent in some of the other games. I don't think this tiny pitch is good for him though.

The first time you play in this stadium, its difficult - the angles are all wrong everywhere and the pitch is so small.

This is a game where Osorio would have been better choice then Delgado.

Pozuelo slowing the ball down every single time is not helping. We are in this game right now but if they get up on us by 2.

LOL at the guy complaining about a penalty after pulling his shirt

ensco
Damn. I knew that was no good right away.

Great ball from Westburg to start that.

portu

To be fair I missed the only game he drew acclaim for. Been unimpressed with him as a TAM guy, as a regular winger sure. I guess he has upside.

Omar
09-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Wait, what?! I'm surprised that's a penalty, but I guess the VAR review will straighten things up.

EDIT: Never mind, he was held and tripped

portu
09-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Gallardo off???

ensco
09-11-2019, 06:57 PM
You can have Vela and all the rest.

in a playoff game, give me Jozy.

He is simply unstoppable in this league.

benito
09-11-2019, 06:58 PM
Calmly taken pk by poz. I wonder if gallardo is injured ?

Mikmacdo
Gallardo off???

Ya that was fast but deserving.

OgtheDim
Gallardo likely injured but Endoh will be a better engine out there.

Omar
09-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Pozuelo slowing the ball down every single time is not helping. We are in this game right now but if they get up on us by 2.
I think Pozuelo is still getting to grips with MLS in general. He's always looking for players on the move for the most part only to find players standing around for the most part. The players still seem to be getting used to him, too. They're expecting him to carry attacks like Giovinco did (and Vazquez on occasion), but Pozuelo's playing like a pure playmaker. A playmaker requires players to create options, and if there aren't much, they'll start playing slower.

I expect him to look better next season.

leafsman
09-11-2019, 07:01 PM
What a joke the mls cup final will be if NYC hosts it.

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Is this the dirtiest team we have played? Feels to me like they are studs up and clipping heels on every contact.

Omar
09-11-2019, 07:04 PM
Is this the dirtiest team we have played? Feels to me like they are studs up and clipping heels on every contact.
They're also going down way too easily. It's getting annoying to watch. At least the referee's seeing through it all.

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Halftime topic. Bradley's ball into Jozy that led to the penalty.

Sublime or magnificent?

Discuss.

Mikmacdo
09-11-2019, 07:11 PM
He looks like shaffleburg but at 10 times the cost.

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Halftime topic. Bradley's ball into Jozy that led to the penalty.

Sublime or magnificent?

Discuss.

Bradley's pass was to Gallardo right? Sublimely magnificent.

How about Pozuelo's penalty? It was so perfectly in the corner, I was sure it was going to miss the net.

benito
09-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Off topic... Davies’ goal from the Canada/Cuba match was a screamer.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 07:14 PM

Nah...New Jersey is waay worse. These guys know how to play on this ground and its quick to get to people.

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Can Vanney or somebody find a way to motivate the team at half? How both teams come out of the dressing room will be key.

EDIT NYCFC coach is dressed worse than Bill Belichick.

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Oh nice pass by Morgan!

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Nah...New Jersey is waay worse. These guys know how to play on this ground and its quick to get to people.

Forgot about them. true.

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:33 PM
Tsubasa! Great idea.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Seen em given - chances are going to happen both ways.

Og Og Og. That was an utter and complete dive. And poor positioning by Q. Very poor.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:38 PM
I can’t explain why but I think we will come back and win this game.

You are lookimg good good so far Mr Ensco

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:44 PM
You can have Vela and all the rest.

in a playoff game, give me Jozy.

He is simply unstoppable in this league.

yes.

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Westburg really is not tall enough, is he...

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:46 PM
They're also going down way too easily. It's getting annoying to watch. At least the referee's seeing through it all.

The NY goal came from a complete dive.

ag futbol
09-11-2019, 07:46 PM
That has to be on net. Not going to get too many better chances

Inklink
09-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Dumfield talks way too much.

I don't know how Poz missed that.

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Oh come on Pozuelo, what a great build-up and such a lousy shot!

TFC was looking pretty good, but for some reason Delgado didn't charge down the player that put the ball off the upright.

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 07:49 PM
Dumfield talks way too much.

I don't know how Poz missed that.

Yup! Dunfield is a nice change from Caldwell, but he definitely hasn't learned the art of silence either.

Omar
09-11-2019, 07:49 PM
We've played with greater urgency in the 2nd half and have looked like the better side. What's also helped is the fact that Benezet's come inside and controlled the tempo. Pozuelo has started playing off of him more, and that's helped us play at a quicker pace. Our only problem is that we're looking for the perfect opportunity and are relying on our big-name players to make something out of nothing. Endoh in particular needs to have more faith in his dribbling and go on the outside more.

Inklink
09-11-2019, 07:50 PM
VAR that shit

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Cmon Pozo !!

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 07:51 PM
PK every day, and twice on Wednesdays.

OgtheDim
Westburg really is not tall enough, is he...

Nick Rimando is 5 cm shorter

Robles - 3 cm shorter

Omar
If Jozy was called for a foul with his handball, then that's an obvious penalty. The ref should have spotted that initially.

ensco
09-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Nick Rimando is 5 cm shorter

Robles - 3 cm shorter

Wow really?

MightyDM
These boards were very hard on TFC in the first half. I was watching in a bar and had a very different impression - an even game in which we were playing the best team in their place pretty well. Good in my books.

ag futbol
That’s a penalty every day of the week. NYCFC are idiots

Inklink
09-11-2019, 07:53 PM
wow not good

portu
Penalty curse again.

Never believed in players taking two pens in a match

Auzzy
Fuck it...

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Damn.

Inklink
Penalty curse again.

Should've been Benz if Jozy didn't want it. But I agree with your take.

tfcfans
Can we just get a point please?! - this is screaming a late goal Loss now where we get nothing out of a decent effort on the road against a top team.

Bobo
Penalty curse again.

Yep, advantage 'keeper. Was really hoping Jozy would step up for that one.

Omar
09-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Mackay-Steven's come on. We're going to be in trouble if we start losing our heads because of that miss.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:55 PM
This is really good. Poz should have had a hat trick he will be angry and frustrated. Bodes well for the rest of the season.

Mikmacdo
09-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Pretty bad game by pozuelo. Get mullens out there for jozy.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Endoh has been excellent. Wonde why he never even made the bench until June

Omar
09-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Vanney's lack of belief in himself, his players, and TFC will be the death of our playoff chances. There's no reason to bring on Ciman especially when we've done well playing higher up the pitch and preventing them from getting control of the ball.

Inklink
09-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Endoh has been excellent. Wonde why he never even made the bench until June

Yep, his work rate has been great. Maybe it just seems better on this bush league pitch.

Omar
09-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Pozuelo's looking tired. He's struggling in the hot and humid conditions. He will need to come off for our final change.

benito
I really impressed with Benezet. He’s very calm on the ball and seems to move really well.

Auzzy
Luke Wileman & Dunfield STFU with the predictions way before the end of the game!

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Benezet. Has to score. Should be 3 or 4

Inklink
09-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Hit the damn target

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 08:02 PM
OMFG how many golden chances have we missed! Way more bona fide opportunities that NYCFC.

Omar
09-11-2019, 08:02 PM
I've always liked Endoh. In 2017, his decision making was a problem, and Vanney didn't play with wingers, so he never really fit in. His inclination to come inside also had Vanney try him out in the midfield (he was never good there).

This season, he's playing in his natural wide role more often and has looked much, much better. The fact that he's relatively cheap should make him a valuable player in our squad.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Soooo many missed shots

leafsman
Pozuelo should have at least 3 or 4 his own let alone with benezet chances

MightyDM
On the other hand Q should not have let the goal in v NE or tonight. Could have been 3 in a row.

portu
09-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Does Jozy even have a shot on goal today

Yuushalinsky
09-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

I do think that this should be encouraging that form has been good so far - as long as we don't get away from here with 0 I'm happy, but I'm disappointed we couldn't convert on another couple goals.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:06 PM
I've always liked Endoh. In 2017, his decision making was a problem, and Vanney didn't play with wingers, so he never really fit in. His inclination to come inside also had Vanney try him out in the midfield (he was never good there).

This season, he's playing in his natural wide role more often and has looked much, much better. The fact that he's relatively cheap should make him a valuable player in our squad.

Spot on

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 08:06 PM
Why isn't Vanney making his third sub? Throw on Mullins or something!!!!!

portu
09-11-2019, 08:08 PM
Poz seriously has no idea where the goal is tonight, which is surprising because he already has a goal

Auzzy
Benezet has good stamina, nice surprise!

Muting Dunfield & Co. now, ah much better!

69Chevy396
Frankly, this is the best that we can expect from a team with only one proven goal scorer. When he is off his game, (Jozy) a 1-1 draw with the first place club is always better than a loss.

portu
09-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Mavinga lucky if that's not a red card

Omar
09-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Why isn't Vanney making his third sub? Throw on Mullins or something!!!!!
I can see why Vanney's hesitant to make a 3rd sub. Our front 4 are operating well for the most part. Bradley and Delgado are winning the ball quickly in the midfield; taking either of them off makes us vulnerable to the counter. The only problem is Benezet and Pozuelo's poor finishing. Maybe Mullins could have come on for Pozuelo or Jozy, but oh well.

Inklink
VAR chants lmao

tfcfans
Thank goodness....

portu
That's a red card and a pen no doubt for me

Eastend
09-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Deserved a win given all the chances...lucky for the draw as the Mavinga play could have been a penalty.

Take it and run.

jloome
09-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Benezet has good stamina, nice surprise!

Muting Dunfield & Co. now, ah much better!

He’s looked a really solid winger so far. Gallardo not so
much.

Omar
09-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Castellanos pulled Mavinga and put him off balance. The flailing arm was in no way an infringement.

OgtheDim
Yup, that should be a red, 2 games & a pen.

ensco
NYCFC are right to be pissed. We dodged one there.

You know what? I saw something tonight. TFC looked to me like a playoff team that nobody wants any part of in a single game knockout format.

MightyDM
Great point. And we were the better side.we have hope; need better goaltending.

leafsman
09-11-2019, 08:13 PM
Can't be a penalty when a foul was called before that. Could've been red though

jloome
NYFC fans should feel fortunate, not
pissed.

Auzzy
Coulda shoulda been 5-2 for Toronto, but a draw against the top team in the east, with some of the officiating going our way:

START THE CAR!

zorsofstesab
The absolute worst display of SHOOTING I have ever seen in my 51 years of life.

tfcfans
09-11-2019, 08:14 PM
The quality of Benezet on the ball is becoming more and more apparent, his finishing needed some work today but the quality is there.

benito
09-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Would have preferred the win but happy with the tie. Very fortunate that the ref called the initial foul on Mavinga or else that would have been a pk and possibly a red. I wonder if they will review that play post game?

ag futbol
09-11-2019, 08:15 PM
lol @ Castellanos.

Think we did enough to get three but i'll take the single point. I still don't think the potential of this team is all that high. We lack a Giovinco type player to break the game open and be a threat on goal. We're also lacking some who is that competitive. Too many guys on this team need a kick in the ass to get going and they're not getting it from the coach.

MightyDM

What? The NYC player tugged his shirt. That’s a foul every way and every day. So cannot be a penalty ever under any interpretation of the rules.

Couldnit be a red on Mvinga? Would be seriously harsh as his swipe was clearly to remove the hand fouling him by tugging his shirt.

Og, what’s happening? You are usually so spot on.

jloome
Not even close to a red. A trailing hand catching the guy behind you while being jostled? Not fucking likely.

Bobo
09-11-2019, 08:16 PM
You can debate if that's a red (I really don't see it - Mavinga was shielding the ball and can definitely argue he was put off balance), but there is zero reason to call that a penalty when he was fouled beforehand.

Could've, maybe should've won this one, but I think both teams will be content with the point.

notthesun
Boy I thought that was going to be a VAR penalty on us for sure. I'll take the draw.

We seemed to have, or are in the process of somewhat turning it around...

OgtheDim
Well the defence was pretty good - only 1 really stupid move and for once it didn't cost us. Way more then I expected. Offence ticking along - gotta bury some of those. Shots coming from all over is good. On the balance of play, a 3-2 win for us would have been fair.

khso11
09-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Most atrocious finishing I’ve ever seen....flat out embarrassing

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 08:20 PM

Nah very clear shirt tug before that. Could have been a foul called in TFC's favour, AND a red card against Mavinga. We might see some supplemental discipline. (Of course there's been far more dicey calls than that against TFC, so they should still feel fortunate.)

tfcfans
09-11-2019, 08:21 PM
When the schedule came out the idea of 5 road games and 2 home games to end the year if we were in a tight playoff race seemed daunting, 5 points and no losses in three road games where we could have won all three games feels pretty good from where this team was in the middle of the year.

Realistically 3 of their 4 remaining games are winnable and frankly I’d play the “A” team against Mtl on the 18th/25th and send the “B” team out west to LAFC, in what is likely a lost cause after a long flight for little likelihood of success.

Oldtimer
09-11-2019, 08:21 PM

Same thing as happened to TFC a couple of games ago. The first foul means that any subsequent foul does not count.

pfk
09-11-2019, 08:22 PM
What a missed opportunity. So many chances in the second half to win it. Poz had so many glorious chances and miffed each one.

Mavinga got pretty lucky not to get a red card (it was Penso reffing). It sort of looked accidental but sort of looked intentional too. I’m just glad it was not a PK.

I caught the NYCFC broadcast stream and the announcers were saying TFC will be a dangerous team in the playoffs. Have to agree with them, but only if we can score.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 08:22 PM
What? The NYC player tugged his shirt. That’s a foul every way and every day. So cannot be a penalty ever under any interpretation of the rules.

Couldnit be a red on Mvinga? Would be seriously harsh as his swipe was clearly to remove the hand fouling him by tugging his shirt.

Og, what’s happening? You are usually so spot on.

Fair enough

Ok, looking at it - not a penalty because of the foul but the fling back of the arm is violent play. Maybe ref thought it yellow level. I think that one though is way more likely a red then the keeper tackle in New England.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Certainly not a pen : foul for shirt tugging. And in the EPL no red for trying to knock away someone tugging your shirt. not even close.

Oldtimer
09-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Fair enough

Ok, looking at it - not a penalty because of the foul but the fling back of the arm is violent play. Maybe ref thought it yellow level. I think that one though is way more likely a red then the keeper tackle in New England.

The keeper tackle could have broken his leg and completely reckless. Definitely a red. This one was yellow at worst given the context.

Anyway, neither counted, and in both cases the referee correctly applied the rule.

red-o
09-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Happy for a point here - tired of thinking we deserved more, but...

Defoe
09-11-2019, 08:30 PM
Pozuelo has played back to back seasons in the most travel intensive league in the world. He's physically done. He will be a new player next year.

Ratings for this game

Benezet - 8.0
Gonzalez - 8.0
Westberg - 7.5
Endoh - 7.5
Bradley - 7.5
Mavinga - 6.0
Altidore - 6.0
Morgan - 6.0
Pozuelo - 5.5
Delgado - 5.0
Auro - 4.0

PaceyWinger
09-11-2019, 08:34 PM
Certainly not a pen : foul for shirt tugging. And in the EPL no red for trying to knock away someone tugging your shirt. not even close.

Foul on the bloody guy and a red to match his swollen face for his incolence. You dont get to grab a shirt then cry foul. i completely agree.

Oldtimer
09-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Nice seeing TFC in 4th place (home playoff game).

Auzzy
09-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Pozuelo has played back to back seasons in the most travel intensive league in the world. He's physically done. He will be a new player next year.

Benezet, Endoh and bunch of others were controlling the ball well near the end and bringing it forward. I would have been OK with Mullins coming on for 10 minutes and giving Pozuelo a break.

Or Pozuelo off for 10; shift Benezet to the middle; bring on Der Schaffner and kill 'em / pin 'em back with speed to close out the game.

69Chevy396
09-11-2019, 08:36 PM
lol @ Castellanos.

Think we did enough to get three but i'll take the single point. I still don't think the potential of this team is all that high. We lack a Giovinco type player to break the game open and be a threat on goal. We're also lacking some who is that competitive. Too many guys on this team need a kick in the ass to get going and they're not getting it from the coach.

This will be the epitaph for the 2019 season.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Fair enough

OK you are redeemed. Fair and reasonable comments.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:39 PM
WhTs the keeper tackle

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Nice seeing TFC in 4th place (home playoff game).

thank f’cking god. I travel for work if we stay in 4Th when is that game?

barticusz
09-11-2019, 08:48 PM
I don’t watch a good portion of the game but from what I saw, things are coming together. I like the direction we’re going in as we’re finally starting to play like a cohesive team. Good result. On to the next!!

Oldtimer
09-11-2019, 08:49 PM
WhTs the keeper tackle

New England game. Red not called because of a previous foul.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Benezet not happy with himself about his misses.

https://twitter.com/NicolasBenezet/status/1171962172420894722

Guy is playing for a contract and wants to score - I like him a lot and I think he will make a difference the next few weeks.

ManUtd4ever
09-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Great second half. We should've had 3 points, but a draw on the road against a red hot NYCFC club is a good result.

Benezet keeps getting better as he gets more acclimated.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 08:58 PM

Guy is playing for a contract and wants to score - I like him a lot and I think he will make a difference the next few weeks.

OK Og, we are now together. He has exceeded my expectations

Areathrasher
09-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Benezet is a baller

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 09:02 PM
I missed 45 - 55. What happened with the “Keeper tackle”

pfk
09-11-2019, 09:10 PM
thank f’cking god. I travel for work if we stay in 4Th when is that game?

Here’s all the dates:
Round 1 - October 19-20
Conf semis - Oct 23-24
Conf finals - Oct 29-30
MLS Cup - Nov 10

Reference at the bottom of this page: https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings/scenarios

stevep
09-11-2019, 09:11 PM

really really sorry for people that bet on poz tonight

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Pool reporter asked the ref about the Mavinga thing.

Pretty clear his thinking here - can't see this becoming a suspension.

https://twitter.com/Dylan_Butler/status/1171964834688229377

General Woolfe
09-11-2019, 09:15 PM
I really don’t know what to say. We just shoot ourselves in the foot continuously. We played a great second half, ripped their left flank to shreds, but couldn’t hit a barn door with a howitzer from 10 yards. Two vital points squandered through abysmal finishing. Every time this team gets my hopes up they prove that ultimately there are just too many average players in the squad. Pozeulo is no Giovinco or Vazquez. I don’t see it with Auro at all (can’t defend, is scared to take on the last defender and put over a cross) Give me Layrea and Morgan anyday. Gallardo and Benezet might be slight upgrades but they are far from game changers. Benezet’s shooting tonight was woeful at best. One bright spot was I though young Endoh had a very good second half, he found himself acres of space on the right, but he needs more confidence to take on the full back and whip over a cross, instead of the cautious maintains of possession playing back to Bradley in midfield. He has two good feet and can put over a decent cross, but strikes me as a little fearful at times. I don’t expect him to beat the fullback every time, but reckon he has the ability to do so more often than not, if the belief was there. Better he try to hit the byline and only put over a telling cross 50% of the time, than take the crab pass 9 times out of 10. However he looks far better in this formation than he did first time in the side after the draft

i want to believe in this team, and we are showing slow signs of improvement. Vanney seems to have found a shape that works. However, realistically Curtis has weakened us to the point we are so far from the champions of 2017, were not contenders no matter how much I want us to be. We blew a great side by making a determined run for a competition that was always stacked in favour of Mexican sides. Forget the CCL, forget the Canadian championship, MLS Cup is the only trophy that matters and should be our priority every year. Besides winning a three team tournament is hardly anything to write home about.

Oh and for the record I wouldn’t let the same player take two penalties in the same game. It gives the goalie a psychological edge imo. Pozeulo looked tired. He had a poor effort on goal just before the kick was awarded. In hindsight (a great thing) maybe Jozy should have hit the 2nd, although to be fair, he looked out of gas as well. Even Delgado, who also had a great 2nd half on the left wing, would have been a better option.

Still we are now in the top four. We need to stay there. I know the Energy Drinks and NER now have a game in hand, but there are realistically 9 pts left for us. We need to take them all and try to stay in the top four to have any chance of a decent run in the playoffs

p.s. That Micky Mouse 7-a-side pitch in the Bronx simply has to go. Garber simply has to tell NYCFC relocate within a set period or you’re out the league. It makes a mockery of the game playing on such a narrow pitch. The advantage City-lite must get from training and playing there has to be substantial.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Good result, but we should have won. Easily.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Here’s all the dates:
Round 1 - October 19-20
Conf semis - Oct 23-24
Conf finals - Oct 29-30
MLS Cup - Nov 10

Reference at the bottom of this page: https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings/scenarios

thx appreciated

Mikmacdo
09-11-2019, 09:22 PM

Ratings for this game

Benezet - 8.0
Gonzalez - 8.0
Westberg - 7.5
Endoh - 7.5
Bradley - 7.5
Mavinga - 6.0
Altidore - 6.0
Morgan - 6.0
Pozuelo - 5.5
Delgado - 5.0
Auro - 4.0

Wtf? Auro and delgado were good. Benezet should have scored. Endoh way too high. Gallardo was the worst tfc player today.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 09:26 PM

Spot on by-the referee.

OgtheDim
09-11-2019, 09:27 PM
We are currently the 4th best team for goals scored. Offence has not been our issue.

MightyDM
09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
I really don’t know what to say. We just shoot ourselves in the foot continuously. We played a great second half, ripped their left flank to shreds, but couldn’t hit a barn door with a howitzer from 10 yards. Two vital points squandered through abysmal finishing. Every time this team gets my hopes up they prove that ultimately there are just too many average players in the squad. Pozeulo is no Giovinco or Vazquez. I don’t see it with Auro at all (can’t defend, is scared to take on the last defender and put over a cross) Give me Layrea and Morgan anyday. Gallardo and Benezet might be slight upgrades but they are far from game changers. Benezet’s shooting tonight was woeful at best. One bright spot was I though young Endoh had a very good second half, he found himself acres of space on the right, but he needs more confidence to take on the full back and whip over a cross, instead of the cautious maintains of possession playing back to Bradley in midfield. He has two good feet and can put over a decent cross, but strikes me as a little fearful at times. I don’t expect him to beat the fullback every time, but reckon he has the ability to do so more often than not, if the belief was there. Better he try to hit the byline and only put over a telling cross 50% of the time, than take the crab pass 9 times out of 10. However he looks far better in this formation than he did first time in the side after the draft

i want to believe in this team, and we are showing slow signs of improvement. Vanney seems to have found a shape that works. However, realistically Curtis has weakened us to the point we are so far from the champions of 2017, were not contenders no matter how much I want us to be. We blew a great side by making a determined run for a competition that was always stacked in favour of Mexican sides. Forget the CCL, forget the Canadian championship, MLS Cup is the only trophy that matters and should be our priority every year. Besides winning a three team tournament is hardly anything to write home about.

Oh and for the record I wouldn’t let the same player take two penalties in the same game. It gives the goalie a psychological edge imo. Pozeulo looked tired. He had a poor effort on goal just before the kick was awarded. In hindsight (a great thing) maybe Jozy should have hit the 2nd, although to be fair, he looked out of gas as well. Even Delgado, who also had a great 2nd half on the left wing, would have been a better option.

Still we are now in the top four. We need to stay there. I know the Energy Drinks and NER now have a game in hand, but there are realistically 9 pts left for us. We need to take them all and try to stay in the top four to have any chance of a decent run in the playoffs

You are right about Endoh

stevep
09-11-2019, 09:29 PM
love terry dunfield, way way better than caldwell

TFC1154ever
09-11-2019, 09:35 PM
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I thought that was Bradley’s best game of the season. MOTM for me. Vintage performance. Was all over the place winning the ball back, and gave the pass of the match.

General Woolfe
09-11-2019, 09:45 PM

Ratings for this game

Benezet - 8.0
Gonzalez - 8.0
Westberg - 7.5
Endoh - 7.5
Bradley - 7.5
Mavinga - 6.0
Altidore - 6.0
Morgan - 6.0
Pozuelo - 5.5
Delgado - 5.0
Auro - 4.0
I’ll have what you’re smoking if you thought Benezet was our best player. His shooting was simply awful. He had two great chances to seal three points and blew them both, and that’s before we get to misplaced passes. Delgado and Endoh were far better shouts for MOTM along with the captain who again was quietly effective. I agree however Auro stunk tonight and it’s time he was dropped and shipped out. Layrea and Morrow are our best options s FB. Still not convinced by Gonzalez. He was decent enough tonight, but for me looks like he just picking up a pay check.

General Woolfe
09-11-2019, 09:46 PM
love terry dunfield, way way better than caldwell
Comparing us to Man City was a bit OTT

General Woolfe
09-11-2019, 09:47 PM
We are currently the 4th best team for goals scored. Offence has not been our issue.
It sure was tonight

ag futbol
09-11-2019, 10:15 PM
I’m pretty happy with that performance from Benezet notwithstanding the shooting (which I think is pretty forgivable)

He broke NYC’s defensive shape on multiple occasions running through midfield. That was key to starting a lot of our offence.

barticusz
09-11-2019, 11:43 PM

p.s. That Micky Mouse 7-a-side pitch in the Bronx simply has to go. Garber simply has to tell NYCFC relocate within a set period or you’re out the league. It makes a mockery of the game playing on such a narrow pitch. The advantage City-lite must get from training and playing there has to be substantial.

Ok, I'll bite... Curtis weakened the team from it's 2017 form to now?

In 2017, everything for us clicked, everyone was working together and injuries did not kill us. In 2018, while Bez was in charge we lost key locker room guys like Beita, and brought in potential talent (Van Der Veil and Aketxe), neither of which worked. Than we got rocked by injuries, and that was the end of 2018.

Curtis came in for 2019 and had a 32 year old seeking an increase to his already top end salary in the league and could not, nor should he have matched a reported increase from a Saudi club. That's not on Curtis, that is the player making what they believe is the best decision for themselves. Vazquez only featured in 21 games due to ongoing injury problems. He then left to Qatar, where he was subsequently traded to another team within the same year. Vazquez, as great as he was for us is going in the opposite direction and one could easily argue he would not be a major influence to this team. Especially not anywhere near what we had in 2017. Curtis came in and had to deal with a bunch of scenarios that are quite challenging. In no way has he weakened this team.

Though I agree with you that these last two years have been difficult to watch, I see a ton of positives right now from this group. We're starting to get that desire back that seems to have been lacking. There's urgency and positive movement on the field.

Even with all of our struggles this year, we've beaten Atlanta, NYFC, NYRB and Philly. It's a very tight race in the east, but we're right there even if we're not at the top of the standings. If we get in the playoffs any one of these teams has a chance at making it to the final.

Ultra & Proud
09-12-2019, 05:20 AM
Agree about Curtis. Time to stop blaming him for every bad goal against, every poor half, and every player who gets rested or injured. We were trash last season and almost every move was garbage. Our team today is much better than what we had at the end of Bez's tenure. That's Curtis' job and he has done his part.

Mikmacdo
09-12-2019, 06:05 AM
Agree about Curtis. Time to stop blaming him for every bad goal against, every poor half, and every player who gets rested or injured. We were trash last season and almost every move was garbage. Our team today is much better than what we had at the end of Bez's tenure. That's Curtis' job and he has done his part.

Exactly and bez brought in ciman the worst signing this offseason before he bolted. Curtis has been good so far maybe the only bad signing do far has been gallardo.

CBTFC
09-12-2019, 06:23 AM
So let me get this straight...we're on a 6 game league unbeaten streak, in 4th place just a handful of points behind ATL, and we draw the top team in the conference on the road, and some are choosing to "bring up the past" and point fingers and blame all over the damn place. Really?!?

Give your heads a shake, and smell the coffee. We deserve to be right where we are right now, for better or for worse.

burlington Red
09-12-2019, 07:30 AM

I think we can stop calling Endoh young now, he's 26 now lol

pfk
09-12-2019, 08:50 AM

It often gets overlooked, but I think the Omar Gonzalez signing was very good. His presence has really stabilized the defence. Anyone remember how bad our D was last year?

Mikmacdo
09-12-2019, 08:53 AM
So let me get this straight...we're on a 6 game league unbeaten streak, in 4th place just a handful of points behind ATL, and we draw the top team in the conference on the road, and some are choosing to "bring up the past" and point fingers and blame all over the damn place. Really?!?

Give your heads a shake, and smell the coffee. We deserve to be right where we are right now, for better or for worse.I agree lets stay positive but they also didn’t have a few of their best players and TFC had a million chances to score but couldn’t hit the net.

Oldtimer
09-12-2019, 09:01 AM

Give your heads a shake, and smell the coffee. We deserve to be right where we are right now, for better or for worse.

It was interesting to see two coaches with almost identical philosophies face off, the only significant differences were the experience on the small pitch, the roster qualities, and the effort by the players. Not surprising to see a tie, and honestly the real difference between NYFC and us is that we lost Giovinco for the whole season, and they've only lost Haber for a few games.

C.Ronaldo
09-12-2019, 09:53 AM
endoh > gllardo

Layrea > auro

thats a lot of potential cap space to save on some back up Full back/ wingers and CBs next year

stevep
09-12-2019, 10:35 AM
between pozuelo and benezet they took a total of 11 shots
only 2 were on target by pozuelo
and i believe those two on target by pozuelo were the penalty shots

so we should not see that again, (i hope)

Mikmacdo
09-12-2019, 11:31 AM
endoh > gllardo

Layrea > auro

thats a lot of potential cap space to save on some back up Full back/ wingers and CBs next year

Telfer has the pace of gallardo and can find the back of the net these days.

TFC-Fever
09-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Perfect rationale .. thanks for sharing this.

stevep
09-12-2019, 12:13 PM
endoh > gllardo

Layrea > auro

Anybody else here yelling at the tv last night for endoh to shoot

Derko
09-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Yes :facepalm:

notthesun
09-12-2019, 12:27 PM
MLS Youtube highlights are annoying. Couldn't watch this game much, come here and see a bunch of posts about all our chances, but the highlight package only has our penalties basically. Sigh.

C.Ronaldo
09-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Telfer has the pace of gallardo and can find the back of the net these days.

doesn't he play on the other side?

C.Ronaldo
09-12-2019, 02:19 PM

for sure, even on the PK. the pass was a poor and riskier than shooting

but for TAM money, gollardo doesn't offer much more than endoh. Endoh was finding himself a tonne of space with that little engine of his

Mikmacdo
09-12-2019, 02:47 PM
doesn't he play on the other side?

Telfer has played all over the field for york9 this year. Left wing right wing even as a 9.

MightyDM
09-12-2019, 04:31 PM
for sure, even on the PK. the pass was a poor and riskier than shooting

but for TAM money, gollardo doesn't offer much more than endoh. Endoh was finding himself a tonne of space with that little engine of his

Endoh was excellent. Am happy for him. He has siezed his chances with both hands. Or feet really...

Slick
09-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Not sure where all this Auro hate is coming from. I thought he had a pretty decent game last night.

portu
09-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Not sure where all this Auro hate is coming from. I thought he had a pretty decent game last night.

Auro's one of those guys that I hope is in the side for the next 3 years at least

Mikmacdo
09-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Im on your side. Plus it has to be hard to play left back as a right footed player.

Ultra & Proud
09-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Wouldn't be so soon to write off Gallardo. Young guy, new country, new language, new league, new culture, etc. Some players take that first half season to acclimate. I also look forward to seeing a fully off season rested Pozo.

Mikmacdo
09-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Wouldn't be so soon to write off Gallardo. Young guy, new country, new language, new league, new culture, etc. Some players take that first half season to acclimate. I also look forward to seeing a fully off season rested Pozo.

To be fair dmhe didnt exactly light up the Venezuela league either but i will give him another year.

Defoe
09-12-2019, 07:04 PM
Wtf? Auro and delgado were good. Benezet should have scored. Endoh way too high. Gallardo was the worst tfc player today.

What? Endoh was good when he came on he was finding space and creating open lanes and shooting opportunities for his teammates. Benezet was also good at bringing up the ball and beating defenders one on one and was very lively but he did miss a few good chances. Auro and Delgado had the most turnovers on the team, not sure what game you're watching

magmadragon
09-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Benezet slaloming around the midfield. If he ever improves his shooting accuracy he'll have a long career here.

Endoh needs to be more confident in taking shots. I know Vanney has seemingly drilled into these guys that every wing play needs a cross or hold up, but sometimes just cut in and put your laces through it. Hell he had a nice curler at one point as well.

You can tell that Poz had played close to 70 games. Man needs an offseason.

Lots of missed chances but we are looking better overall compared to how we looked just a few months ago.

Auzzy
09-12-2019, 08:49 PM
MLS Youtube highlights are annoying. Couldn't watch this game much, come here and see a bunch of posts about all our chances, but the highlight package only has our penalties basically. Sigh.

I very much agree. I wanted to show my wife the highlights after the game, and I couldn't believe how little they showed.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-12-2019, 11:55 PM
Exactly and bez brought in ciman the worst signing this offseason before he bolted. Curtis has been good so far maybe the only bad signing do far has been gallardo.

Even then it's too soon to say that Gallardo has been a bad signing.

Section_105
09-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Haven't watched the replay to see what it looked like on TV but I was there and we dominated that game. The result was shit with the missed chances for sure but the way those chances were created was brilliant.

We just took the top team on our side of the draw and took them to the woodshed in their own pathetic house (F&$# that field is terrible for footy). Unfortunately we didn't take all the points.

I was hoping for a good game after the Cincinatti adventure and they didn't drop. Just wish there was a tonne more accuracy on those shots.......so damn close.

Bradley was imperious. Blocking runs off the play and sorting out attacks before they started. The people behind me were quite upset at how well he was playing.

Oh, and man those NYCFC fans have been practicing their V - A - R chant. loudest they were all night.

TFC John
09-14-2019, 07:05 AM
Haven't watched the replay to see what it looked like on TV but I was there and we dominated that game. The result was shit with the missed chances for sure but the way those chances were created was brilliant.

We just took the top team on our side of the draw and took them to the woodshed in their own pathetic house (F&$# that field is terrible for footy). Unfortunately we didn't take all the points.

I was hoping for a good game after the Cincinatti adventure and they didn't drop. Just wish there was a tonne more accuracy on those shots.......so damn close.

Bradley was imperious. Blocking runs off the play and sorting out attacks before they started. The people behind me were quite upset at how well he was playing.

Oh, and man those NYCFC fans have been practicing their V - A - R chant. loudest they were all night.

I was at the game as well. Here are my take aways;

1. Each team had one decent shot on goal. NYCFC’s went off the post and TFC’s was saved by Johnson. All the other shots were weak, wide or totally predictable and easy to defend. Mostly the teams brought the ball 3/4 of the way up the field and then lost the plot.

2. There would have been no scoring without the help of the referee.

3. I know the NYCFC fans wanted a VAR at the end of the game but they kept shouting V-A-Oar. So maybe that’s why it wasn’t reviewed.

4. Yankee Stadium is a great sports venue. It’s not ideal for soccer but it’s also not as bad as it seems on tv. Maybe the low attendance helped but I never had to stand in line for more than a minute or two and there were no washroom line-ups after the game.

5. They allowed fans to bring in bottled water as long as it was unopened! I doubt anyone from BMO Field will read this but I wish they would do this in Toronto. An unopened bottle of water poses no threat to anyone (apart from the guy wanting to sell one bottle for more than I usually pay for 40).

6. After the game NYCFC players signed the game balls and kicked them into the crowd - mostly towards the supporters groups. What a great way to connect to fans and show some love in the other direction.

Overall I thought the game was disappointing but I’m happy with the result. I was more pleasantly surprised by the stadium and the way fans were treated. I strongly recommend a road trip to anyone who is thinking about a trip to NYC.

MightyDM
09-14-2019, 08:30 AM
I was at the game as well. Here are my take aways;

1. Each team had one decent shot on goal. NYCFC’s went off the post and TFC’s was saved by Johnson. All the other shots were weak, wide or totally predictable and easy to defend. Mostly the teams brought the ball 3/4 of the way up the field and then lost the plot.

2. There would have been no scoring without the help of the referee.

3. I know the NYCFC fans wanted a VAR at the end of the game but they kept shouting V-A-Oar. So maybe that’s why it wasn’t reviewed.

4. Yankee Stadium is a great sports venue. It’s not ideal for soccer but it’s also not as bad as it seems on tv. Maybe the low attendance helped but I never had to stand in line for more than a minute or two and there were no washroom line-ups after the game.

5. They allowed fans to bring in bottled water as long as it was unopened! I doubt anyone from BMO Field will read this but I wish they would do this in Toronto. An unopened bottle of water poses no threat to anyone (apart from the guy wanting to sell one bottle for more than I usually pay for 40).

6. After the game NYCFC players signed the game balls and kicked them into the crowd - mostly towards the supporters groups. What a great way to connect to fans and show some love in the other direction.

Overall I thought the game was disappointing but I’m happy with the result. I was more pleasantly surprised by the stadium and the way fans were treated. I strongly recommend a road trip to anyone who is thinking about a trip to NYC.

We were there for the 5-0. It was great from that perspective. Although the tiny field
is still weird and produces a kind of frenetic game.

stevep
09-14-2019, 10:49 AM
#5 I believe you can bring unopened water into bmo