PDA

View Full Version : Match 29 - TFC @ Cincinnati Saturday September 7 7:30 PM - A W In Cincinnati

Red CB Toronto
08-31-2019, 09:59 PM
A W in Cincinnati is a must, hope the Reds can catch this first year last place club in a venus flytrap. Have at it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2drv0joKUcA

gracos
08-31-2019, 10:03 PM
i can see us not performing well, and it may come back at the end of the year and haunt us

Oldtimer
08-31-2019, 11:03 PM
Must win and should win.

OgtheDim
09-01-2019, 06:34 AM
:iagree:

Mikmacdo
09-01-2019, 08:05 AM
Another game on turf. Another game without jozy?

Fort York Redcoat
09-02-2019, 06:50 AM
Late sub for this one. Maybe. Shouldn't need his services tho.

magmadragon
09-02-2019, 08:23 PM
If we can't beat a crap Cinci, we have no business taking part in pussplops.

pfk
09-03-2019, 09:36 AM
A definite must win. If we can't beat the worst team in the league, we are done for this year.

2-1 for the good guys. Late goal by Poz, just to keep it interesting and give us heart palpitations.

stevep
09-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Another game on turf. Another game without jozy?

this is the huge question with this game

according to sportsclubstats TFC has a 76% chance of making the playoffs
If TFC beats Cincinnati the chance of making the playoffs goes up to 89%

so do you start Jozy on turf or not??

risk injury if he plays but are virtually guaranteed to make the playoffs if he plays and tfc wins

pfk
09-03-2019, 01:12 PM
this is the huge question with this game

according to sportsclubstats TFC has a 76% chance of making the playoffs
If TFC beats Cincinnati the chance of making the playoffs goes up to 89%

so do you start Jozy on turf or not??

risk injury if he plays but are virtually guaranteed to make the playoffs if he plays and tfc wins

If we lose, the chances crater down 16%, so we would be down to 60% chance of making the playoffs.

A win is essential, so perhaps sub in Jozy in the second half? The guy's legs are made of glass, so you have to weigh those risks... and Cincy is garbage. It's a tough decision.

TFC1986
09-03-2019, 08:18 PM
You keep jozy as sub. If we ain't winning by 65th minute you sub him on
3-0 TFC

leedsandTFC
09-04-2019, 12:04 AM
start jozy.

too important game to not take that risk.

next game is away in NYCFC and is not a must win.

OgtheDim
09-04-2019, 06:09 AM
Jozy in NYC is a must - he can wreck their defence and the technique of the side speed we have right now will cause them fits.

We have 7 games in 22 days - expect some turnover.

Cas87
09-04-2019, 08:06 AM
3-0 TFC

start jozy.

too important game to not take that risk.

next game is away in NYCFC and is not a must win.

Jozy in NYC is a must - he can wreck their defence and the technique of the side speed we have right now will cause them fits.

We have 7 games in 22 days - expect some turnover.

I see the same line-up as was against the Revs.
Jozy as a Sub just in case we need to finish the game off.

my 2 cents, NYC is a win-able game not only with our wide players but the fact that we can really run 'downhill' at our opponent when we need to

notthesun
09-04-2019, 10:02 AM
From a Wheeler tweet: Morrow questionable, Jozy progressing and probable to play, and Vanney likely to stick with Westberg.

Mikmacdo
09-04-2019, 10:26 AM
Westburg
Auro omar moor mavinga
Bradley Delgado
Gallardo pozuelo benezet
Jozy

Ultra & Proud
09-04-2019, 11:07 AM
Westburg
Auro omar moor mavinga
Bradley Delgado
Gallardo pozuelo benezet
Jozy
I don't see Mavinga at LB and I don't think Moor is good for 90 on plastic. For this match I would rather see Jozy as a sub. No chances on plastic at this point in the season and NYCFC away on Wednesday.

Hopefully our offense fires up and becomes better than the shite it currently is then we can rest a few guys in the second half.

Mikmacdo
09-04-2019, 11:24 AM
I don't see Mavinga at LB and I don't think Moor is good for 90 on plastic. For this match I would rather see Jozy as a sub. No chances on plastic at this point in the season and NYCFC away on Wednesday.

Hopefully our offense fires up and becomes better than the shite it currently is then we can rest a few guys in the second half.
Moor played 90 in Ottawa and Mavinga can play LB. If not Mavinga then Morgan. Actually I think Deleon can play LB so maybe we will see him there.

Ultra & Proud
09-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Moor played 90 in Ottawa and Mavinga can play LB. If not Mavinga then Morgan. Actually I think Deleon can play LB so maybe we will see him there.
Auro didn't look bad switched to the left. I would probably rather do that and have Laryea on as well or else DeLeon as you said.

magmadragon
09-04-2019, 03:26 PM
Keep in mind Laryea will be at BMO with the Nats.

3-0 TFC

So it's tied 0-0 at the 65th and Jozy comes on for a hat trick deep into the 2nd.

You're ideas intrigue me and I would like to sign up for your newsletter.

surtandoom
09-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Hey all. A few friends and I are heading to Cincy for this weekend’s match. I’ve been to a few away games but this is the first time sitting with the traveling TFC supporters. Does anyone know how I can connect with other TFC supporters making the trip? Any of you lot headed down?

TFC1986
09-04-2019, 07:54 PM
Keep in mind Laryea will be at BMO with the Nats.

So it's tied 0-0 at the 65th and Jozy comes on for a hat trick deep into the 2nd.

You're ideas intrigue me and I would like to sign up for your newsletter.

Haha I hope so :)
Also ufc earlier on from 2pm as well. This is going go be a nice Saturday

Oldtimer
09-04-2019, 11:03 PM
According to TFC Pravda, Wheeler states that Vanney wants to play his "best 14" consistently over the remaining games. He also states that Jozy is almost over his physical issue.

So we can expect (1) Jozy to play at least some of the game (2) a strong team, no more playing a weak side to "rest" the team.

Based on the above, I expect a solid win this weekend.

Blindside16
09-05-2019, 03:09 AM
I am fine with only giving Jozy the last 30 minutes off the bench in this one. If we cannot beat Cincy without Jozy playing a full 90 we are not a playoff team. If there is any hope we need all 3 points here. Hopefully Westberg can put that softy behind him.

Canary10
09-05-2019, 10:18 AM
My guess is Jozy was effectively "rested" in New England and the injury was probably largely an excuse.

Ultra & Proud
09-05-2019, 12:14 PM
My guess is Jozy was effectively "rested" in New England and the injury was probably largely an excuse.
That's what I thought too.

I never paid attention to Cinci's carpet this season. Not sure I ever watched them play at home and if I did, I didn't take notice. Is it as bad as New England's?

Lil'John
09-05-2019, 02:54 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the CSA is stupid to schedule Canada-Cuba in Toronto at the same time as TFC are on TV playing this crucial game??
I would usually go to ther Canada game, but I'll instead be in front of my TV rather than at BMO Field.

ag futbol
09-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the CSA is stupid to schedule Canada-Cuba in Toronto at the same time as TFC are on TV playing this crucial game??
I would usually go to ther Canada game, but I'll instead be in front of my TV rather than at BMO Field.
Not really much they can do, it was planned well in advance. I’ll be at BMO and recording the TFC game for later.

Despite their follies, CMNT has my interest right now. Just need to start scheduling games against stronger teams to find our a) how good our team is b) if Herdman actually knows what he’s doing.

magmadragon
09-05-2019, 07:01 PM
TFC is more to blame for choosing to play during an international window. The CSA is usually incompetent but this one's not on them.

Oldtimer
09-05-2019, 08:31 PM
TFC is more to blame for choosing to play during an international window. The CSA is usually incompetent but this one's not on them.

It's the MLS FO that schedules the games, not TFC. Each team can request a certain number of changes to the draft schedule but MLS makes the final decision. So it's on MLS, as is the policy of playing during many international dates in the first place.

Cas87
09-06-2019, 07:50 AM

It's the MLS FO that schedules the games, not TFC. Each team can request a certain number of changes to the draft schedule but MLS makes the final decision. So it's on MLS, as is the policy of playing during many international dates in the first place.

Don't forget MLS FO also back-loaded the TFC schedule anticipating a deep run in the CCL again too.

ag futbol
09-06-2019, 08:22 AM
But did they actually? We fielded a second team in the tournament and showed very little ambition. Why would the club ask for a schedule slanted towards CCL when they aren’t even taking it seriously?

OgtheDim
09-06-2019, 10:33 AM
But did they actually? We fielded a second team in the tournament and showed very little ambition. Why would the club ask for a schedule slanted towards CCL when they aren’t even taking it seriously?

Apart from Dorsey, that lineup in Panama was not a second team (for the team we had at the time)

25 Alex Bono
96 Auro Junior
26 Laurent Ciman
23 Chrys Mavinga
5 Ashtone Morgan
2 Justin Morrow
8 Marco Delgado
4 Michael Bradley C
21 Jonathan Osorio
19 Griffin Dorsey
91 Terrence Boyd

That's our starting defence, midfield baring Dorsey (without Poz remember) & striker at the time.

The formation though was overly ambitious.

magmadragon
09-06-2019, 10:55 AM
I've always understood it to be that teams have the option to not play during international windows when the schedule is being drawn up. They simply end up playing more midweek games. But since the gates are generally weaker during the week, lots of teams forgo doing so and rather play the weekend during an international window. We had a couple seasons like that in that past where we specifically avoided those weekends because we knew Bradley, Altidore etc would be called up.

OgtheDim
09-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Heck this league is so opaque, us playing Cinci this weekend could have been part of the price for Haglund.

Oldtimer
09-06-2019, 12:24 PM
I've always understood it to be that teams have the option to not play during international windows when the schedule is being drawn up. They simply end up playing more midweek games. But since the gates are generally weaker during the week, lots of teams forgo doing so and rather play the weekend during an international window. We had a couple seasons like that in that past where we specifically avoided those weekends because we knew Bradley, Altidore etc would be called up.

It's not unlimited. They can request a certain number of games to be rescheduled. Plus both teams have to agree and the MLS FO ultimately calls the shots.

TFC has had their schedule requests turned down before. They wanted to reschedule a league game in 2018 during their CCL run and the other team declined. More notoriously, the league turned down a reschedule in 2007 when both teams agreed but the MLS FO didn't, and TFC (this was before they had an academy) had to play one of their coaches and an amateur player to fill out the squad.

magmadragon
09-06-2019, 12:39 PM
It's not unlimited. They can request a certain number of games to be rescheduled. Plus both teams have to agree and the MLS FO ultimately calls the shots.

TFC has had their schedule requests turned down before. They wanted to reschedule a league game in 2018 during their CCL run and the other team declined. More notoriously, the league turned down a reschedule in 2007 when both teams agreed but the MLS FO didn't, and TFC (this was before they had an academy) had to play one of their coaches and an amateur player to fill out the squad.

The 2018 one was after the schedule came out (fuck you Houston). I meant moreso during the original drafting of the schedule. Some obviously are avoiding these breaks since it's not a full slate of games this weekend. But I take your points.

OgtheDim
09-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Jozy on the flight to Cinci

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1170029795163422722

Auzzy
09-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Yeah pre-season reschedule requests are different from in-season reschedule requests.

Oldtimer, when you say the league decides, when does the opinion of the broadcaster come into play? I'm sure that TSN has significant sway (anyway since they're owned by TFC's part owner). Different broadcasters for different teams, might be more or less flexible.

CCL / Gold Cup / VC surely played a role for TFC's scheduling; as did TSN. Add the Argos schedule: i.e. TFC can't play on the same day or shortly before the Argos, to leave time for the switchover. Plus they want the grass longer for the Argos. And TFC can't play until a week after the Argos, to leave time for pitch recovery / cutting grass & repainting / switchover. (Not sure if the latter break can be shortened since the hybrid pitch was installed?)

All that adds lots of inflexibility.

ag futbol
09-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Apart from Dorsey, that lineup in Panama was not a second team (for the team we had at the time)

25 Alex Bono
96 Auro Junior
26 Laurent Ciman
23 Chrys Mavinga
5 Ashtone Morgan
2 Justin Morrow
8 Marco Delgado
4 Michael Bradley C
21 Jonathan Osorio
19 Griffin Dorsey
91 Terrence Boyd

That's our starting defence, midfield baring Dorsey (without Poz remember) & striker at the time.

The formation though was overly ambitious.
Yeah, that’s not a winning side (as we painfully found out). Maybe we took the opposition lightly or over estimated our own players, but there was nothing in particular about our preparedness at the start of the season or our urgency in getting signings ready for this game that suggested to me we were all that serious about that matchup.

I don’t think a front four of Boyd, Dorsey, Osorio, and Morrow terrifies anyone.

OgtheDim
09-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Yeah, that’s not a winning side (as we painfully found out). Maybe we took the opposition lightly or over estimated our own players, but there was nothing in particular about our preparedness at the start of the season or our urgency in getting signings ready for this game that suggested to me we were all that serious about that matchup.

I don’t think a front four of Boyd, Dorsey, Osorio, and Morrow terrifies anyone.

I think there was underestimation (not unusual for CCL the first few weeks) but that's not the same as not taking it seriously.

Regardless, we seem to be taking it seriously now.

ensco
09-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Some good Nick Hagglund content here. Always a class act.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1170350627739897857?s=21

Oldtimer
09-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Yeah pre-season reschedule requests are different from in-season reschedule requests.

Oldtimer, when you say the league decides, when does the opinion of the broadcaster come into play? I'm sure that TSN has significant sway (anyway since they're owned by TFC's part owner). Different broadcasters for different teams, might be more or less flexible.

CCL / Gold Cup / VC surely played a role for TFC's scheduling; as did TSN. Add the Argos schedule: i.e. TFC can't play on the same day or shortly before the Argos, to leave time for the switchover. Plus they want the grass longer for the Argos. And TFC can't play until a week after the Argos, to leave time for pitch recovery / cutting grass & repainting / switchover. (Not sure if the latter break can be shortened since the hybrid pitch was installed?)

All that adds lots of inflexibility.

I understand from putting together interviews over the years that the schedule gets initially set by the league, taking into account shared stadium usage, broadcaster needs, holidays, and they honour some FIFA dates. Then the initial schedule gets sent to the teams. They then are allowed to request a certain number of changes (nobody has publicly said how many). The league then works these out between the teams, taking into account again broadcasters, shared stadiums, etc. I'm not sure if at that point the other team needs to agree, or only if it's a request for a change AFTER the schedule has been finalized, but whether or not, the whole thing is an extremely complicated exercise when you count in everything.

TFC has tended to use their exemptions for USMNT games that aren't friendlies, because of who plays for TFC.

Mikmacdo
09-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Good lineup tonight outside of mullens starting.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 05:41 PM
Jozy on the bench - Ciman starting - weird that Mavinga isn't mentionned as he was in the pregame video.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 05:51 PM
Actually Akinola is in that video too. Team might be going to NYC straight from here?

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1170460048432271366

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 05:53 PM
Cinci lineup is makeshift - they have Garza, a RB, as LCB paired with Hagglund.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 06:44 PM
So to the 11 other people on this thread right now....happy to have KJ as against Caldwell on the mic tonight?

James17930
09-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Ciman?

Kill me now.

Graeme
09-07-2019, 06:45 PM
And Hagglund as captain! Based on our history, the odds of him scoring are high, i imagine.

Inklink
09-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Is it just me or does the pitch looks like shit?

James17930
09-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Is it just me or the pitch looks like shit?

Yeah. Hopefully Jozy can in for 30 mins or something.

Inklink
09-07-2019, 06:48 PM
So to the 11 other people on this thread right now....happy to have KJ as against Caldwell on the mic tonight?

Hell yeah, get rid of Caldwell. Basically repeats Luke except he adds "magnificent" and thinks every yellow is harsh.

benito
09-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Nice finish!

tfcfans
Yay!

Inklink
Mullinzzz

Brooker
09-07-2019, 06:54 PM
Get in

ensco
Mullins really has some “fox in the box” to his game

James17930
Great goal.

Why has everyone been dumping on Mullins? He's been scoring at a decent pace.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 06:55 PM
We can't put a pass together but apparently Cinci can for us

Super
09-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Great goal.

Why has everyone been dumping on Mullins? He's been scoring at a decent pace.

He's starting to grow on me. At least he's available, too.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Getting beaten out wide & Auro is having issues covering

Bobo
09-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Hell yeah, get rid of Caldwell. Basically repeats Luke except he adds "magnificent" and thinks every yellow is harsh.

"Not enough quality, in my opinion."

Big goal from Mullins, there. DeLeon looking like a house league full-back so far. The lengths Vanney will go to avoid playing the backup left-back.

samuraizero
09-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Anyone have a source?

Nothing on footybite seems to be working

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:00 PM
"Not enough quality, in my opinion."

Big goal from Mullins, there. DeLeon looking like a house league full-back so far. The lengths Vanney will go to avoid playing the backup left-back.

Yeah, Morgan must be thinking about heading to the CPL by now. If he can't even play his natural position when there's an opening.

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Anyone have a source?

Nothing on footybite seems to be working

http://hdstreams.club/hd/ch4.php

benito
09-07-2019, 07:04 PM
What a volley by Deleon!

tfcfans
09-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Huzzah!!!

ensco
09-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Break out the lampshades

Brooker
09-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Thump. What a day, what a day.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I think DeLeon might have been a good pickup.

samuraizero
09-07-2019, 07:07 PM
http://hdstreams.club/hd/ch4.php

Thanks

This wouldnt load on mobile, was in the car on the way home, missed our two goals D:

samuraizero
09-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I think DeLeon might have been a good pickup.

I've really enjoyed watching him play. Seems really well rounded and isnt afraid to take a shot like so many of our guys are

rydermike
09-07-2019, 07:08 PM
Assuming Cincy doesn't do anything, would you still give jozy some run or save him for NYC fully rested or give him a little run since he's been out?

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Thanks

This wouldnt load on mobile, was in the car on the way home, missed our two goals D:

Hopefully we'll get 2 more!

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:10 PM
Assuming Cincy doesn't do anything, would you still give jozy some run or save him for NYC fully rested or give him a little run since he's been out?

I would say don't risk it. He's not really the type of player that needs a run out.

Rest is much more important for him.

benito
09-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Nice build up, nice cross, nice finish! 3 points!

Inklink
Lol Delgado header! Cinci is bad

tfcfans
Yay!!! We needed one like this - see you on Weds Jozy!

rydermike
09-07-2019, 07:12 PM
What's our biggest win of all time? That 6-1 game in the Canadian cup against the usl Montreal impact?

Edit: found the answer
https://i.imgur.com/xNhgNAZ_d.jpg

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:14 PM
I almost feel bad for Cinci, because we were like this our first year.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 07:15 PM
What's our biggest win of all time? That 6-1 game in the Canadian cup against the usl Montreal impact?

I think the rule is you can't say that until we get 5.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 07:21 PM

Yeah, the home fans just gave their biggest chear for a clearance out of touch - memories.

benito
09-07-2019, 07:26 PM

I have impressed with the Cincy fans. They have supported the club really well over the past few seasons in the MLS and USL.

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Yeah, the home fans just gave their biggest chear for a clearance out of touch - memories.

Though it looks like their attendance is already starting to dwindle. At least that didn't happen with us until later.

Auzzy
09-07-2019, 07:29 PM

Over 30, sometimes even over 40 people in thread now. :D

Yes KJ is a nice change. Sometimes he also talks too much though. The occasional silence can be golden.

FootBallAZ
09-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Hoilett with a beautiful goal off a brutal turn over

Oldtimer
09-07-2019, 07:37 PM

TFC was worse actually, set all the wrong types of records. That being said, Cinci is the worst MLS side in years.

FootBallAZ
09-07-2019, 07:39 PM
J. David with a great individual effort and touches . 2-0

rydermike
09-07-2019, 07:45 PM
Link to the canada gameanyone? Is it only on OneSoccer again?

James17930
09-07-2019, 07:51 PM
I would bring on Endoh for Gallardo. Endoh deserves some minutes and Gallardo has taken some hard knocks already.

FootBallAZ
09-07-2019, 07:54 PM

download acestream, if you are ok with Spanish commentators.
Ill send the link.

leafsman
09-07-2019, 07:56 PM
How does no network show the canada game. How are you gonna increase the fan base when it's on some streaming site only hardcore people will watch.

benito
09-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Yeah, the general public has lost quite a bit of soccer to specialty streaming sites. Champions League, EPL, Canada games are no longer on traditional channels that most Canadians have access to.

it will be interesting to see if this impacts youth participation rates in the sport.

tfcfans
09-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Wow!!!!! Captain!!!!

Auzzy
09-07-2019, 08:03 PM
I think Deleon has been quite good at RB, at least against this team.

That was an awesome team goal!

portu
Excellent performance

benito
Great strike by the general!

Auzzy
09-07-2019, 08:04 PM
We have a LB sighting...

ag futbol
09-07-2019, 08:08 PM
How does no network show the canada game. How are you gonna increase the fan base when it's on some streaming site only hardcore people will watch.
Are you serious? So now if I want to watch this stupid team live each game I have to have cable, one soccer, plus (guessing) DAZN?!?

Good grief

tfcfans
09-07-2019, 08:13 PM
....we have the dreaded Zavs and Ciman combo out there....yikes, I guess it’s 4-0 so that’s about the only time we should see this....

benito
09-07-2019, 08:16 PM
Zavs looks very uncomfortable with the ball. He hasn’t seen the field in ages.

tfcfans
09-07-2019, 08:25 PM

benito
09-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Good hustle by nico on that goal.

Tfc might need to save some of these for the future games. :D

tfcfans
09-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Zavs is embarrassing - two yellows in like 15-17 minutes - please never play him again....

FootBallAZ
09-07-2019, 08:30 PM

lol body check and then shoulder grab.
He should be demoted.

Here comes a VAR.

Auzzy
09-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Ah f it, no clean sheet..?

TFC really dropped off in intensity for a while, not closing out this game.

jloome
09-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Must be blacked out in Toronto as it’s on tsn 4 in Alberta

Cincinnstti arenfucking woeful, like my thumb typing

Bobo
09-07-2019, 08:32 PM
LOL, Zavs is so bad. Hopefully those are the last minutes he gets in a TFC shirt. Way to kill the momentum.

jloome
09-07-2019, 08:33 PM
Zavs is embarrassing - two yellows in like 15-17 minutes - please never play him again....

How many years on his deal? I can see that kind of performance putting a fork in anyone, even the nephew

Leedsoronto
Are you serious? So now if I want to watch this stupid team live each game I have to have cable, one soccer, plus (guessing) DAZN?!?

Good grief

The England game was on ITV, that’s like putting Canada on Global or City TV putting the countries team on a stream channel is showing how little interest the TV stations have for soccer

As for Zavelleta he’s a fucking useless moron and be best if he actually applied for a job he could handle like cab driver or meet greeter at Walmart, I guess is he fuck that up too

Inklink
Get this USL level piece of crap off the roster. Uncle Greg can only carry him along so much. Fkin hell

benito
09-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Solid win tonight. Good ball movement and nice finishing against a weak opponent.

Zavs demonstrated that he shouldn’t be on the field.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 08:34 PM
You could see once they got the 5th, the defence actually started to panic a bit about "MUST get that clean sheet". Annoying that last few minutes but the rest of the night was very professional indeed.

Canary10
09-07-2019, 08:36 PM
VAR is quite honestly the dumbest thing I’ve seen in soccer.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 08:36 PM
How many years on his deal? I can see that kind of performance putting a fork in anyone, even the nephew

I think that even ensures he doesn't play a role in the Voyageurs. Expect that will be Moor & Ciman now. I suspect Zav's sub in was forced by DeLeon's injury and it might have been somebody else going off. I would be very surprised if Zavs is around next year

Oldtimer
09-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Nephew ultimately cost TFC the clean sheet by setting up the set piece. Even before his knuckleheaded play, he was having a terrible game. I think even the most biased uncle's eye can see that he shouldn't play for the Reds again this season, and hopefully never.

Oldtimer
09-07-2019, 08:41 PM
On the good side, a solid win, brings TFC within distance of a home playoff game. Puts more space between TFC and Montreal. Nice to see Bradley get a goal. Morgan had a good 30ish minutes.

Brooker
09-07-2019, 08:50 PM
VAR is quite honestly the dumbest thing I’ve seen in soccer.

Dumber than MoJo? You take that back!

Hamilton_Red
09-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Surely that is the end of Zavaletta at TFC? It was dramatic and conclusive proof that he is not good enough for this level. For me the more disturbing thing is why Vanney felt he should play him? Getting Schafelburg some minutes or Jozy back to match fitness were more important. Zavs should be loaned out or traded. It’s not good for either Uncle or Nephew to be in the same org - really bad judgement from management.

Bradley had a great match today. It will be interesting to see the NYFC game..not sure that wingers will be any use. I’d select the squad based on who played Futsal in their development.

michaeltfc91
09-07-2019, 09:15 PM
All those times I complained about var, people didn’t understand. What a disgraceful way to blow a 5-0 win...

It’s getting comical the amount of goals var has scored on us. How are the referees missing all these CLEAR AND OBVIOUS errors

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Surely that is the end of Zavaletta at TFC? It was dramatic and conclusive proof that he is not good enough for this level. For me the more disturbing thing is why Vanney felt he should play him?...

DeLeon was injured. The only defender left on the bench was Zavs. The option was to either change formation and have Morgan as a CB or this. There wasn't much choice, unfortunately. That and it was 4-0 at the time and Zavs doesn't have a history of rapid stupid yellow card offences (unlike Ciman).

I'm convinced that baring a contract that can't be gotten out of, that Zavs is not here next season.

I'm also still not convinced we make the playoffs. There are issues in the defence & right in front of it that make me think we will have problems against NYC & Colorado. No points in the next 2 & the pressure goes right back on this team - then we are searching for a result in Chicago while under pressure and as we saw once this team started to be thinking about a shutout, I don't think this defence can handle their own self imposed pressure.

I honestly think we don't get another league win this season. Yes, we look better balanced of late but we havn't played a decent team since that loss to the Red Bulls. Wednesday is a big test of quality while next Sunday is a HUGE test of character.

red-o
09-07-2019, 09:46 PM
DeLeon was injured. The only defender left on the bench was Zavs.
Except Moor was there... still shouldn’t have been such a disaster bringing Zav in

stevep
09-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Nephew ultimately cost TFC the clean sheet by setting up the set piece. Even before his knuckleheaded play, he was having a terrible game. I think even the most biased uncle's eye can see that he shouldn't play for the Reds again this season, and hopefully never.

i believe he has also put us in 6th place rather than 5th place
https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

we would have been +4 goal differential vs nyrb +3 now we both are at +3 goal differential

its no big deal in the first round we just now have to play atlanta vs playing dc united

ManUtd4ever
09-07-2019, 10:12 PM
That was fun.

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 10:29 PM
I think the rule is you can't say that until we get 5.

Nice.

OgtheDim
09-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Except Moor was there... still shouldn’t have been such a disaster bringing Zav in

Me bad...forgot about him on the bench.

Yeah, Moor would have been a better choice.

Zavs tonight was a bit like watching Hagglund play that game at RB way back when in Dallas when he got burnt 3 times for goals in the first 10 minutes - that was the lightning storm Seba scoring from the end line game.

DinamoTFC
09-07-2019, 10:33 PM
Great game vs a weak opponent. Great for the guys who scored to boost their confidence going into the playoff hunt.
Nice to see us be ruthless and continue playing for the entire match.

On another note, I hope this is the last time we ever see Zavaleta. This clown looks lost everytime he steps on the field. He should thank Vanney for the rest of his life he was able to fleece management into an inflated and extended contract. Good riddance.

stevep
09-07-2019, 10:34 PM
its funny, how we totally beat up cincy, vanney makes a great decisions to rest mavinga and jozy
we are now virtually guaranteed the playoffs and everyone including myself is compaining about zav

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 10:39 PM
I would bring on Endoh for Gallardo. Endoh deserves some minutes and Gallardo has taken some hard knocks already.

Are you Curtis?

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 10:46 PM
On the good side, a solid win, brings TFC within distance of a home playoff game. Puts more space between TFC and Montreal. Nice to see Bradley get a goal. Morgan had a good 30ish minutes.

Every time he plays, Morgan does well. He should b ahead of Auro.

Red4ever
09-07-2019, 10:47 PM
3 points is 3 points.

Waste of energy though. I hope we dont think about this for longer than a couple minutes. Next.

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 10:54 PM
Me bad...forgot about him on the bench.

Yeah, Moor would have been a better choice.

Zavs tonight was a bit like watching Hagglund play that game at RB way back when in Dallas when he got burnt 3 times for goals in the first 10 minutes - that was the lightning storm Seba scoring from the end line game.

i was furious at the coach that game. So unfair to Hahggs.

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Great game vs a weak opponent. Great for the guys who scored to boost their confidence going into the playoff hunt.
Nice to see us be ruthless and continue playing for the entire match.

On another note, I hope this is the last time we ever see Zavaleta. This clown looks lost everytime he steps on the field. He should thank Vanney for the rest of his life he was able to fleece management into an inflated and extended contract. Good riddance.

He earned that contract. This stuff is way too harsh. Plus it’s 300,000. Not 3,000,000. Lets have some perspective

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 10:58 PM
its funny, how we totally beat up cincy, vanney makes a great decisions to rest mavinga and jozy
we are now virtually guaranteed the playoffs and everyone including myself is compaining about zav

Initial B
09-07-2019, 11:15 PM
If there was ever a game to sub in Zavaleta, that was it. He didn't affect the final result (the win is what matters) and it gave him a chance to showcase his talents and skills. I think the poor guy has lost his confidence and his mind is totally on trying not to screw up, which leads to hesitation and overthinking, which leads to screw ups. And since his contract was signed in Jan 2018, I think it was probably a two year contract and he feels additional pressure to perform to get another contract and is leading to panicked mistakes. I can't see any place for him on this team next year at his current salary (which is more than what Marky Delgado makes), but if he managed to sign a 3 year contract TFC may be stuck with him for next year, which would be a waste because he is obviously a spent force now. If Vanney truly cared about his nephew, then he would have Curtis arrange a trade to a team where he can get his confidence back. Sometimes you need a change of scenery and I think Zavs has reached that point.

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 11:21 PM
PS. Never a penalty. Come on.

MightyDM
09-07-2019, 11:24 PM
If there was ever a game to sub in Zavaleta, that was it. He didn't affect the final result (the win is what matters) and it gave him a chance to showcase his talents and skills. I think the poor guy has lost his confidence and his mind is totally on trying not to screw up, which leads to hesitation and overthinking, which leads to screw ups. And since his contract was signed in Jan 2018, I think it was probably a two year contract and he feels additional pressure to perform to get another contract and is leading to panicked mistakes. I can't see any place for him on this team next year at his current salary (which is more than what Marky Delgado makes), but if he managed to sign a 3 year contract TFC may be stuck with him for next year, which would be a waste because he is obviously a spent force now. If Vanney truly cared about his nephew, then he would have Curtis arrange a trade to a team where he can get his confidence back. Sometimes you need a change of scenery and I think Zavs has reached that point.

Totally agreed. Sad. I have no beef with zavs, and he earned his contract with his performance in 2017. But it’s gone.

Voodooman
09-07-2019, 11:32 PM
What a great time at the game. We had a good bunch of people who were chanting the full 90 at the game!

Fans were really nice as well in Cinci. They let us join them at their supporters bar pregame.

ag futbol
09-07-2019, 11:33 PM
DeLeon was injured. The only defender left on the bench was Zavs. The option was to either change formation and have Morgan as a CB or this. There wasn't much choice, unfortunately. That and it was 4-0 at the time and Zavs doesn't have a history of rapid stupid yellow card offences (unlike Ciman).

I'm convinced that baring a contract that can't be gotten out of, that Zavs is not here next season.

I'm also still not convinced we make the playoffs. There are issues in the defence & right in front of it that make me think we will have problems against NYC & Colorado. No points in the next 2 & the pressure goes right back on this team - then we are searching for a result in Chicago while under pressure and as we saw once this team started to be thinking about a shutout, I don't think this defence can handle their own self imposed pressure.

I honestly think we don't get another league win this season. Yes, we look better balanced of late but we havn't played a decent team since that loss to the Red Bulls. Wednesday is a big test of quality while next Sunday is a HUGE test of character.
Looking at the leaderboard now, I think it would be hard for us not to make the playoffs. But..I don’t think sneaking in with the last spot is any sort of notable accomplishment

Bobo
09-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Where does that PK leave TFC on the all-time single-season list? Got to be getting really close to that record now.

James17930
09-08-2019, 02:20 AM
Are you Curtis?

No, but maybe I could coach ;)

Canary10
09-08-2019, 04:59 AM
I wish people would lay off Zavaletta a bit. We all know what’s up. He’s looked out of place since the 2018 CL run if you ask me. But he was part of the best team we ever had. Let’s just trade knowing glances and move on.

MightyDM
09-08-2019, 07:10 AM
I wish people would lay off Zavaletta a bit. We all know what’s up. He’s looked out of place since the 2018 CL run if you ask me. But he was part of the best team we ever had. Let’s just trade knowing glances and move on.

I agree.

Ultra & Proud
09-08-2019, 08:02 AM

Yeah we all know what's up. Problem is that Vanney doesn't. So until we stop seeing Zavaleta being Zavaleta on the pitch in games that matter, he should be called out.

Mikmacdo
09-08-2019, 08:06 AM
i believe he has also put us in 6th place rather than 5th place
https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

we would have been +4 goal differential vs nyrb +3 now we both are at +3 goal differential

its no big deal in the first round we just now have to play atlanta vs playing dc united

They have one more win so goal differential doesn’t matter right now.

James17930
09-08-2019, 08:47 AM
Yeah we all know what's up. Problem is that Vanney doesn't. So until we stop seeing Zavaleta being Zavaleta on the pitch in games that matter, he should be called out.

I don't know what's up.

What's up?

Ossington Mental Youth
09-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Sadly missed this, there a stream up anywhere I can re-watch the whole thing?

Ossington Mental Youth
09-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Actually same goes for the Canada game if possible.

noimpactinmtl
09-08-2019, 10:27 AM
i was furious at the coach that game. So unfair to Hahggs.

That was the year we had Crevalle and Jackson at RB. Bloom was out for the year and Vanney had to make do with a band aid solution all year.

noimpactinmtl
09-08-2019, 10:29 AM
PS. Never a penalty. Come on.

The message is clear. Defenders in the box must tuck their arms behind their backs now.

OgtheDim
09-08-2019, 10:38 AM

Pretty much this.

Ciman was OK last night - only two heartbreak slide tackles. He'll be good to go with Moor for the Voyageurs. I think there was a lot of "lets get them some minutes before the trip to Montreal" going on. That and we have 7 games in 29 days.

notthesun
09-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Had a great time at the Canada game, and was seeing the updates from this one come in on my phone. Nice to have a comfy victory again. It's Cincinnati, but good to see we dominated rather than eeked it out.

MightyDM
09-08-2019, 12:39 PM
I don’t particularly like Poz on the left. Rather see him in the middle in a 4-2-3-1.

stevep
09-08-2019, 07:32 PM
They have one more win so goal differential doesn’t matter right now.

thanks didnt know that

stevep
09-08-2019, 07:33 PM
I honestly think we don't get another league win this season.

that is quite the statement. scared me at first because if you are correct we most likely wont't make the playoffs

so lets see how accurate your statement is:

not winning a game is the opposite of winning a game
so if tfc has a 65% chance of winning the game, it has a 35% chance of not winning the game 100-65=35

so I made an assumption of what the odds are going to be in each of tfc last remaining five games to figure this out

NYCFC game 25% win, =75% not win odds were posted for this game already
Colorado game 70% win= 30% not win odds were posted for this game already
LAFC game 20% win= 80% not win my assumed odds
Chicago game 40% win=60% not win my assumed odds
Columbus game 65% win=35% not win my assumed odds

multiply all the not win probabilities together .75*.3*.80*.6*.35=0.04

4% chance tfc does not win one game the rest of the season, according to oddsmakers

motorheadfc
09-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Pretty much this.

Ciman was OK last night - only two heartbreak slide tackles. He'll be good to go with Moor for the Voyageurs. I think there was a lot of "lets get them some minutes before the trip to Montreal" going on. That and we have 7 games in 29 days.

i thought ciman was a bit better than ok. clean sheets have to be worth a fair bit. even though it was taken away from them last night. they still deserved it. it says alot for he and omar to hold that against a desperate offence that changed formations and players and we still dominated. he played with confidence which is likely due to him being beside omar. moor should offer the same comfort. i do expect to see them teamed up against mtl in Vcup. i also expect we have seen the last of the nephew.he may not see meaningful minutes for us again. and that is probably the right decision.

Mikmacdo
09-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Every CB looks a lot better playing beside Omar. Ciman might be worth keeping around as long as he isn’t playing with Mavinga or Moor.

James17930
09-09-2019, 06:24 PM
thanks didnt know that

Plus, MLS uses head-to-head results as the first tiebreaker anyway, so goal difference isn't as important.

OgtheDim
09-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Plus, MLS uses head-to-head results as the first tiebreaker anyway, so goal difference isn't as important.

Not at all actually

TEAM STANDINGS, TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES: The team awarded the highest position in the MLS standings will be the team with the greatest number of points (three points for a win, one point for a tie, zero points for a loss). In the event that two or more teams finish the regular season with an equal number of points, the following system will be used to break the tie:
1. Total number of wins
2. Goal Differential (GD)
3. Goals For (GF)
4. Fewest Disciplinary Points*
5. Away Goals Differential
6. Away Goal For
7. Home Goals Differential
8. Home Goal For
9. Coin Toss (tie of two clubs) or Drawing of Lots (tie of three or more clubs)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/competition-rules-and-regulations#tiebreakers

James17930
09-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Not at all actually

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/competition-rules-and-regulations#tiebreakers

Oh, shit. Okay, I'm wrong.

But didn't they used to use head-to-head? Did they change it?