PDA

View Full Version : Voyageur's Cup Semi First Leg - TFC@Ottawa Wed August 7th 7:30pm - A Tale Told...

OgtheDim
08-01-2019, 09:02 AM
By An Idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3p2HnNicug

Have at It People

Mikmacdo
08-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Bono
Laryea/zavaletta/dunn/morgan
Fraser/chapman/osorio
Gallardo/mullens/benezet

Red CB Toronto
08-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Bono
Laryea/zavaletta/dunn/morgan
Fraser/chapman/osorio
Gallardo/mullens/benezet

Would not be surprised to see a TFCII regular or two with it being the second of three games in eight days. I am also sure playing on turf will factor into the lineup. Either a first team player who has been playing down in USL or someone who is on a USL deal. Seeing Noble Okello get a run out after his performance in the homegrown game would be interesting. You also have Griffin Dorsey. Maybe Jordan Peruzza who has been scoring at a pretty good clip fpr TFCII. We have seem a number players make their first and in some cases only appearance with the Reds in these type of games ie Allando Matheson, Brian James, Malik Johnson, Mitch Tainter etc.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/taintor_mitchell-1040x572.jpg

Red CB Toronto
08-01-2019, 06:34 PM
For reference here is the starting 11 from the opening leg of the semi-finals at Ottawa last year. Lots of the regulars were missing including all three DPs.

https://live.staticflickr.com/917/42593566535_c9bc7af121.jpg

Initial B
08-02-2019, 07:02 AM
Sorry, I can't root for TFC on this one...

I'm thinking Vanney will choose players on the field for either a last shot at redemption or enough rope to hang themselves.

OgtheDim
08-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Sorry, I can't root for TFC on this one...

I'm thinking Vanney will choose players on the field for either a last shot at redemption or enough rope to hang themselves.

I think we also will see the TAM twins.

tfcfans
08-04-2019, 05:50 AM
Can anyone confirm whether this will be shown LIVE anywhere? --- OneSoccer has this listed at 10:00PM after they show the Mtl/Cal match live at 7:30......do they not have the ability to show two games at the same time? am I reading the OneSoccer site incorrectly?

Auzzy
08-04-2019, 06:34 AM
Can anyone confirm whether this will be shown LIVE anywhere? --- OneSoccer has this listed at 10:00PM after they show the Mtl/Cal match live at 7:30......do they not have the ability to show two games at the same time? am I reading the OneSoccer site incorrectly?

I don't know about that either... Pretty amazing though, I just noticed that TFC isn't listing these games on their schedule yet at https://www.torontofc.ca/schedule

BTW this is what TSN 2 is showing at the same time as this game on Wed., starting at 8pm: "2019 WCO World Cornhole Cup

OgtheDim
08-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Game on tape delay - this is exactly why I ditched onesoccer after 2 days - they can't show more then 1 game at a time, even after they are done. Its like they have only 1 webstream - ever.

Relying upon twitter feeds for updates is going to be interesting, especially as none of the journos are likely to go to Ottawa for the game.

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Game on tape delay - this is exactly why I ditched onesoccer after 2 days - they can't show more then 1 game at a time, even after they are done. Its like they have only 1 webstream - ever.

Relying upon twitter feeds for updates is going to be interesting, especially as none of the journos are likely to go to Ottawa for the game.

I would not be surprised if The Beezer goes for the Sun, but then again they do have both the Citizen and Ottawa Sun for resources too.

Fort York Redcoat
08-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Not live anywhere? I'll be looking for updates. At Joes.

stegosaurus
08-04-2019, 10:25 AM

OneSoccer is awful through and through. When they inked the 10-year deal you just knew it was going to be a disaster.

I guess someone incompetent is running the show here? The parent company is fine from a general perspective, but OneSoccer has had more than it’s fair share of “growing pains.” It’s like they hired some unpaid interns and made them throw it all together without sending anyone over from the mothership.

Richard
08-04-2019, 11:50 AM
You know what I wish DAZN bought MLS rights as well.

This is such a joke.

noimpactinmtl
08-04-2019, 03:39 PM
You know what I wish DAZN bought MLS rights as well.

This is such a joke.

DAZN has MLS rights, TSN just exercises local broadcast rights to make it as useless as possible.

pdogg
08-04-2019, 06:02 PM
DAZN has MLS rights, TSN just exercises local broadcast rights to make it as useless as possible.

Yup - everything that everyone complains about with DAZN is a direct result of archaic contracts that the broadcasters have set-up. It seems like I can't watch half of MLS games because of TSNs rights and I get the privilege of watching them on a 48+ hour delay. I've already gotten the highlights and watched match breakdowns by that point - thanks TSN.

stegosaurus
08-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Yup - everything that everyone complains about with DAZN is a direct result of archaic contracts that the broadcasters have set-up. It seems like I can't watch half of MLS games because of TSNs rights and I get the privilege of watching them on a 48+ hour delay. I've already gotten the highlights and watched match breakdowns by that point - thanks TSN.

Obviously it sucks, but sports are the last stronghold of traditional media and there’s no way it gets better before it gets worse.

Just wait until every non-traditional media company is purchased by the traditional ones during the death throes. They will just throw money at all the VC backed companies haemorrhaging it (like DAZN), and then we’ll end up with the same thing different story, unfortunately.

Either that or every “disruptive” company just does the same thing the traditional media did, because eventually you have to make money somehow.

A cursory glance at streaming media services pretty much shows it already, and with traditional media lobbying governments and governments being clueless or worse means it isn’t exactly going to get better.

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2019, 08:44 PM
A number of first team reserve players including five who played at Ottawa last season suited up in TFCII's 4-1 loss last Wednesday and I full expect to see them, Zavaletta, Chapman (CDN), Fraiser (CDN) Akinola (CDN?) and Morgan (CDN) in action at the Fury. This group alone would meet the Canadian starter mandate set by the CSA, Also would not be surprised to see Noble Okello make his first team debut. With a big division matchup at home vs. Orlando on Saturday, I don't expect to see many of the regular starters plus the fact that the match is being played on turf will come into play as Greg sets the lineup considering a player like Erickson Gallardo is recovering from a quad strain. I would say the Reds would be quite happy to take a 1-0 lead into the home leg just like last year.

So with Justin missing next Saturday after picking up a red card against the Red Bulls does he suit up in Ottawa. Also with Mavinga and Deleon leaving Saturday's match with knocks does that keep out their replacements as I sure they would not want to be risked with a league match only a few days later. I will be very interested to see if anyone from TFC II is called up for the match like we have seen in the past?

jazzy
08-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Wonder how mlse is showing the game at a private local by invitation only ? And I can’t support any first team players playing after Vanneys last year disrespect to the whole champions league process .

Red CB Toronto
08-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Wonder how mlse is showing the game at a private local by invitation only ? And I can’t support any first team players playing after Vanneys last year disrespect to the whole champions league process .

Is this one of these typical season ticket holder draw type things? I will be curious if the CSA/MLSE get a deal with One Soccer to get it streamed through their website with it apparently being shown on delay. Even though I will be at the game that's completely unacceptable not have this available in real time.

Initial B
08-05-2019, 08:36 AM
So how many are going up for the game Wednesday? Will I see any of you there?

stegosaurus
08-05-2019, 08:50 AM

Maybe you need to stream the game from your phone for those of us who won’t get a chance to watch live :)

Red CB Toronto
08-05-2019, 09:11 AM

I will be there will my brother. Have southside GA tickets. Likely in section W.

ChrisFizik
08-05-2019, 04:51 PM
not making the trip on wednesday to ottawa but was looking forward to the away viewing -- get that changes in the landscape (football and broadcasting) affect things, onesoccer in play ..... But delayed? Come on

Still looking forward but may end up being a combo of radio silence/match updates and a late delay viewing at Joes (we'll sort it out)

tfcfans
08-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Is the Duke of Gloucester showing the game live at 7:30? If so, how is no one else able to watch it at that time in this city?

Oldtimer
08-06-2019, 07:03 AM
One Soccer just tweeted that they will have this game live, as well as Montreal / Cavalry.

https://twitter.com/onesoccer/status/1158701753786937345

You may have to stream it from the site onesoccer.ca instead of using the app.

Just a reminder that if you don't have a subscription to Onesoccer you can do a one month trial for free.

BeninatoTFC
08-06-2019, 07:35 AM
One Soccer just tweeted that they will have this game live, as well as Montreal / Cavalry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/onesoccer/status/1158701753786937345

Thanks for the tweet, was honestly surprised at the earlier info that it was originally supposed to be on tape delay at 10pm.

Initial B
08-06-2019, 12:35 PM
I will be there will my brother. Have southside GA tickets. Likely in section W.
Oh, that's where the last couple of games a lot of pre-teen kids congregate to cheer on the Fury and heckle the opposition. It's almost adorable. :D

One issue I have with OSEG is that i've heard hardly any promotion for the game. I would figure they would want as much advertising as possible because this is a game that casuals would pay money to see.

noxx98
08-06-2019, 05:14 PM
TFC is bringing Osorio, Morrow, Gallardo, Benezet and Shaffelburg to Ottawa.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-will-face-the-fury-with-some-big-guns

From Instagram it looks like Morgan, Ciman, Laryea, Endoh, Akinola, and Zavaleta have also made the trip. Mavinga was visiting the CN Tower today, so I'm guessing he isn't traveling.

I wonder if Akinola will be counted as one of the three required Canadian players this year.

Red CB Toronto
08-06-2019, 05:37 PM

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-will-face-the-fury-with-some-big-guns

From Instagram it looks like Morgan, Ciman, Laryea, Endoh, Akinola, and Zavaleta have also made the trip. Mavinga was visiting the CN Tower today, so I'm guessing he isn't traveling.

I wonder if Akinola will be counted as one of the three required Canadian players this year.

Not sure on Ayo with him being a dual national and to play for Canada he would have to file his one time switch. Not like they need for him to count tomorrow night with handful of Canadians in the group of 11 who have made the trip.

Mikmacdo
08-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Bono
Laryea/zavs/ciman/morgan
-------------fraser--------'----
Benezet/chapman/oso/shaff
-------------akinola---------

Bring gallardo off the bench.

stegosaurus
08-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Not sure on Ayo with him being a dual national and to play for Canada he would have to file his one time switch. Not like they need for him to count tomorrow night with handful of Canadians in the group of 11 who have made the trip.

This is an interesting one though. What is the status of dual nationals for competitions like this?

You’d think they’d count as Canadians but I’ve never seen the actual rule, but given nationality in soccer has little to do with actual passports or statuses at times it would be interesting to see.

jazzy
08-06-2019, 06:58 PM
They’re saying hrs r 6:30 to 10:30 ?? It’s sketchy at best ....not a draw , invitations .......not to me but I can go , no one I know received same ??

Auzzy
08-06-2019, 08:06 PM

I hope Morrow is on the bench, only for emergencies. I think he needs a break.

Red CB Toronto
08-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I hope Morrow is on the bench, only for emergencies. I think he needs a break.

He will have Saturday off due to the Redcard in NY last weekend though.

noxx98
08-06-2019, 09:47 PM

It’s something that Soccer Canada needs to consider more though. What makes someone a Canadian for the completion or not? Is a passport enough or do you need to officially declare for Canada.

Red CB Toronto
08-06-2019, 10:13 PM
It’s something that Soccer Canada needs to consider more though. What makes someone a Canadian for the completion or not? Is a passport enough or do you need to officially declare for Canada.

Well he is still eligible for Canada at this point since he has not been cap tied to his other country, the USA.

Auzzy
08-06-2019, 10:18 PM
He will have Saturday off due to the Redcard in NY last weekend though.

Oh good point, I forgot about that!

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 06:16 AM
Yeah, I think Morgan might see the pitch in the second half just to give him time before Saturday.

TFC Tifoso
08-07-2019, 07:11 AM
wow....so our domestic cup, much of MLS, pretty much every European league, CL, and EL all unavailable on cable now....thank God that the soccer heads in this country are doing all they can to hype up the World Cup in 2026....nonsense...

nfitz
08-07-2019, 08:37 AM
wow....so our domestic cup, much of MLS, pretty much every European league, CL, and EL all unavailable on cable now....thank God that the soccer heads in this country are doing all they can to hype up the World Cup in 2026....nonsense...Most of this countries MLS matches are still on cable on TSN. Though surely OneSoccer is cheaper than TSN - and DAZN is far cheaper than all the cable channels you had to subscribe to to get all the EPL/CL/EL games.

Though I'm still trying to figure out how to get the promo code that season ticket holders were told they have for OneSoccer, to watch tonight's TFC game.

Section_105
08-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Bono
Laryea/zavs/ciman/morgan
-------------fraser--------'----
Benezet/chapman/oso/shaff
-------------akinola---------

Bring gallardo off the bench.

Zavs and Ciman?!?! no no no. please no. <insert GIF of guy saying NO, No, Please GOD NO..>

if we are brought to that level I'd love to see if any of the academy CB's are up for it. Otherwise that's a good line up.

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 09:14 AM
Its a USL opponent - a step above TFC2 - that's about Zavs level.

Red CB Toronto
08-07-2019, 09:18 AM
Zavs and Ciman?!?! no no no. please no. <insert GIF of guy saying NO, No, Please GOD NO..>

if we are brought to that level I'd love to see if any of the academy CB's are up for it. Otherwise that's a good line up.

At least one TFC II player was in the 18 man game day lineup and played in each of the last two years matches at Ottawa. So we shall see closer to game time if there were any callups.

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 09:19 AM
wow....so our domestic cup, much of MLS, pretty much every European league, CL, and EL all unavailable on cable now....thank God that the soccer heads in this country are doing all they can to hype up the World Cup in 2026....nonsense...

The domestic cup was a sportsnet property for awhile but the CSA packaged that with the CSL - try following the US Open Cup - same thing.

European has always been open to the highest bidder and for a long time was unavailable on basic cable (TSN used to not be on basic cable while sportsnet was - Rogers going to Rogers)

We actually get more non-Canadian MLS on TSN then we did 3 years ago - if TSN wants a match, DAZN loses it for live streaming. We get more on cable here then people with ESPN & FS1 get in the US.

Ultra & Proud
08-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Though I'm still trying to figure out how to get the promo code that season ticket holders were told they have for OneSoccer, to watch tonight's TFC game.

Never heard this. What's the deal with it?

If it involves Onesoccer's one IT itern setting up something special then I don't have a lot of faith in it working.

Luanda
08-07-2019, 10:24 AM
so what is the promo code?

Ultra & Proud
08-07-2019, 10:30 AM
so what is the promo code?
The question of the day.

TFC Tifoso
08-07-2019, 11:17 AM
Most of this countries MLS matches are still on cable on TSN. Though surely OneSoccer is cheaper than TSN - and DAZN is far cheaper than all the cable channels you had to subscribe to to get all the EPL/CL/EL games.

I get that, but its all about accessibility. Believe me, I know because I subscribed to all those channels.

I just find that as it currently stands, it may be hard to get a younger generation of fans on to the sport...seems like if you want to watch any soccer in this country anymore, you need a credit card.

The domestic cup was a sportsnet property for awhile but the CSA packaged that with the CSL - try following the US Open Cup - same thing.

European has always been open to the highest bidder and for a long time was unavailable on basic cable (TSN used to not be on basic cable while sportsnet was - Rogers going to Rogers)

We actually get more non-Canadian MLS on TSN then we did 3 years ago - if TSN wants a match, DAZN loses it for live streaming. We get more on cable here then people with ESPN & FS1 get in the US.

Fair enough on the bolded...but a $20 package would get you all SN and TSN channels.

And non-Canadian MLS on TSN amounts to pretty much 1 game a week on average. More than 3 years ago, sure, but still not at all good.

After being anti-DAZN for a while, I finally bought a subscription in the spring. Have to say I enjoy it so far, and while that is great for me, its impossible for a kid to turn on the TV now on Sat/Sun morning and watch some soccer.

mr k
08-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the tweet, was honestly surprised at the earlier info that it was originally supposed to be on tape delay at 10pm.

That was people getting confused between OneSoccer's 24hr channel schedule and individual match stream schedule. Cavalry vs Impact will be on their 24hr channel while TFC/Fury will be available live as an individual stream and then replayed on the 24hr channel at 10pm.

Luanda
08-07-2019, 05:21 PM
OK, I do not know where the rollerblading spirit has gone.

BUT....tonight's game is being listed at http://www.firstsrows.com/

BeninatoTFC
08-07-2019, 05:45 PM

DAZN has the money to spare buy up the rights to stuff like Champions League and so forth. Sportsnet is neck deep in the NHL contract and TSN has their hand in the NFL, NHL, World Cup, NBA, etc, etc. They have a lot less to throw around, especially for a contract that airs games at 2:30PM during a weekday afternoon for example. Less than ideal for advertisers.

MightyDM
08-07-2019, 05:54 PM
Line up posted. It’s curious. But looks like he’s learnt from Houston

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 06:14 PM
OK, I do not know where the rollerblading spirit has gone.

Retired this week (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/07/diego-forlan-retires-after-21-year-playing-career-football-uruguay)

portu
08-07-2019, 06:21 PM
I like the new lineup graphic the old one was tired

BeninatoTFC
08-07-2019, 06:29 PM
3-4-3 it looks like. Happy to see Benezet get the start tonight.

Defoe
08-07-2019, 06:32 PM
3-4-3 it looks like. Happy to see Benezet get the start tonight.

To bad Gallardo isn't starting. Don't do us any favours Vanney!

DFloorDanny
08-07-2019, 06:36 PM
BUT....tonight's game is being listed at http://www.firstsrows.com/

Thoughts on how to get it to work?

BeninatoTFC
08-07-2019, 06:39 PM
None of the ones work, they're all dead.

Klinsmann
08-07-2019, 06:43 PM

The links appear to have a virus too

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Mullins —- yeesh!

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Marky going to Marky

Defoe
08-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Is this game not televised lol

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Bono doing crazy Bono things and Endoh with our third great chance in the first 4 minutes....

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Can anyone finish not named Jozy or Poz?

BeninatoTFC
08-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Is this game not televised lol
https://onesoccer.ca/ through the internet only, you need to buy a subscription to it lol.

SirBobSaget
08-07-2019, 06:49 PM
https://onesoccer.ca/ through the internet only, you need to buy a subscription to it lol.

They offer first month free trial. After that its 10$ a month if decide to keep it.

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Of our 3 early chances, I find it interesting that the one guy I thought would score was Endoh and not the striker or the usual starting mid.

Luanda
08-07-2019, 06:54 PM
None of the ones work, they're all dead.

was hoping for others to shime in ((::

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 06:57 PM
For those on one soccer not wanting to listen to Wheeler, click the headphones and change it to mul - crowd noise but no commentary.

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 06:59 PM
Looks like Mullins was a worthwhile acquisition.

portu
08-07-2019, 07:00 PM
One Soccer quality is such ass

mauser09
08-07-2019, 07:00 PM
for those on one soccer not wanting to listen to wheeler, click the headphones and change it to mul - crowd noise but no commentary.

thank you sir

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 07:01 PM
One Soccer quality is such ass

If you can’t even stream an Ottawa-TFC Canadian Cup game properly, maybe you’re in the wrong business.

portu
08-07-2019, 07:03 PM
If you can’t even stream an Ottawa-TFC Canadian Cup game properly, maybe you’re in the wrong business.

Seriously.

portu
08-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Some of these guys are playing embarrassingly below their own level right now.

OgtheDim
And now the mul sound is 5 seconds ahead of the video.....

tfcfans
Looks like Mullins was a worthwhile acquisition.

Was just thinking the same thing - literally see no greater hope in him scoring than anyone we already have on TFC 2 or sitting on our bench tonight (or the guy we traded for him)....but hey prove me wrong Patrick, I’ll be thrilled....

nfitz
08-07-2019, 07:06 PM
so what is the promo code?It's only available for CPL season ticket holders - they don't do it for MLS season ticket holders, they've told me.

Seems unfair - CPL SSH get lots of games, and pay $50. MLS SSH get very few, and have to pay $75. Odd pricing. I finally ponied up ... sigh.

Fair enough on the bolded...but a $20 package would get you all SN and TSN channels.I've got a $40 cable package, and it only gets me the basic SN and TSN channels. Adding TSN2 and Sportsnet 1 would set me back another $14.

But that doesn't get you Sportsnet World, where many of the EPL games were ... that channel alone is $20.

portu
08-07-2019, 07:07 PM
Why the fuck is Ayo not playing.

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 07:10 PM
MOOR!!!

Klinsmann
08-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l Drew moor what a beauty...off the corner kick

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 07:12 PM
(Impact just scored)

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 07:13 PM
So we got the away goal

time to bunker :ihih:

Defoe
08-07-2019, 07:15 PM
How is Benezet looking?

nfitz
08-07-2019, 07:15 PM
For those on one soccer not wanting to listen to Wheeler, click the headphones and change it to mul - crowd noise but no commentary.Oh ... that explains why there's no commentary on my Roku - just on my Android and PC.

For some reason the Roku defaulted to the mul (track 2 - multiple languages) rather than English.

Thanks, I hadn't realized there were multiple language options. It's the '*' button on Roku.

(OneSoccer was added to Roku today!) Oops, I missed the goal while it was switching audio tracks (which for some reason resets the video).

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 07:24 PM
How is Benezet looking?

Like somebody who hasn't played on turf in years nor with this team much. Finding space but the passing in the midfield is less then crisp.

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 07:26 PM
Good half - pretty clean and got the away goal. 45 to go.....

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Like somebody who hasn't played on turf in years nor with this team much. Finding space but the passing in the midfield is less then crisp.

Yeah, tbh I don’t think he’s super match fit after being banished to the reserves and stuff either. Best to not go all out on turf.

He exists is about it at the moment.

Oldtimer
08-07-2019, 07:44 PM
You don't need a promo code to watch this game for free, sign up on the website for the one month free trial.

Oldtimer
08-07-2019, 07:44 PM
I have to say that the OneSoccer feed quality is poor.

DFloorDanny
08-07-2019, 07:51 PM
As much as those of you who have OneSoccer are annoyed by the feed, I can't help but think about how an opportunity was sorely missed here to use TFC's platform as a springboard for it's service and for the Canadian Premier League. Most casuals I talked to just opted for something else to watch because they just thought it wasn't being broadcast

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 07:53 PM
I have to say that the OneSoccer feed quality is poor.

They definitely went the opposite direction on gambling with rights while spending no money on the production value and hoping it will be enough instead of providing good production that people would actually want to watch, especially beyond the few CPL fans.

What a blunder. I guess they figured having a captive market for 10 years was good enough.

nfitz
08-07-2019, 07:56 PM
You don't need a promo code to watch this game for free, sign up on the website for the one month free trial.Used free trial already!

So I finally ponied up. Though would have appreciated the discount all the CPL SSH get.

I have to say that the OneSoccer feed quality is poor.Really? I've been sitting here gushing how good the picture is. Better than an overly compressed signal on a Rogers HD cable station, and far better than it used to be on the SD channels like GOL TV.

Watching on Roku now, but it didn't seem much worse on my laptop earlier - though it froze a couple of times on the laptop before I switched over.

Perhaps it's your Internet?

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 07:58 PM
To be fair, they have at least 4 cameras. The pics are OK and if you are used to dodgy streams for USL, the quality is better. Not getting a "You have used up your time, please refresh" screen every 30 minutes is good.

Its Div 3 level stuff - just over priced for Div 3 level.

Ultra & Proud
08-07-2019, 08:03 PM
To be fair, they have at least 4 cameras. The pics are OK and if you are used to dodgy streams for USL, the quality is better. Not getting a "You have used up your time, please refresh" screen every 30 minutes is good.

I was thinking the same thing.

portu
08-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Wow TAM winger exists

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 08:07 PM
2 weeks away is today!

mr k
08-07-2019, 08:08 PM
They definitely went the opposite direction on gambling with rights while spending no money on the production value and hoping it will be enough instead of providing good production that people would actually want to watch, especially beyond the few CPL fans.

What a blunder. I guess they figured having a captive market for 10 years was good enough.

OneSoccer is owned by Mediapro - the same company that does la liga and about 20 other leagues. They also take care of VAR video for some leagues. They have had some growing pains and the usual techincal difficulties that tv broadcasters also have. Announcers/analysts need improving but that's because Canadians aren't that good yet in doing football. Camera wise, they don't make mistakes like tsn/sportsnet do with too many close ups, too many replays and useless crowd shots of people sitting on their hands while missing live action.

I also have dazn which had much more severe issues in its first year. So, OneSoccer is ahead of dazn at the same point. Both aren't at the quality of netflix but they aren't doing regular live broadcasts.

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 08:09 PM

The picture quality isn’t bad, but the production is amateur for someone looking to compete with traditional broadcasters and actual streaming services.

The good thing is that the streams are easily ripped to VLC or whatever so at least you don’t have to pay for it (regardless of the free trial).

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Mullins yelling at the mids to get out and give him some support rather then just sitting back & inviting pressure - he has a point.

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 08:12 PM
OneSoccer is owned by Mediapro - the same company that does la liga and about 20 other leagues. They also take care of VAR video for some leagues. They have had some growing pains and the usual techincal difficulties that tv broadcasters also have. Announcers/analysts need improving but that's because Canadians aren't that good yet in doing football. Camera wise, they don't make mistakes like tsn/sportsnet do with too many close ups, too many replays and useless crowd shots of people sitting on their hands while missing live action.

I also have dazn which had much more severe issues in its first year. So, OneSoccer is ahead of dazn at the same point. Both aren't at the quality of netflix but they aren't doing regular live broadcasts.

I know all about MP; I was posting about it earlier on this board. Whoever they have in Canada operating it hasn’t done a very good job and there have been numerous issues.

“Growing pains” shouldn’t happen with a company with that sort of experience.

Edit: I think I was actually defending them before, so I admit I was wrong and that a company with experience can still make tons of amateur mistakes to the point I feel like I’m watching a USOC Facebook stream.

Nerepis
08-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Anyone know if Morgan was subbed because of an injury?

Slick
08-07-2019, 08:18 PM
TFC has Moor's goal on Facebook. I had to watch it on mute.

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Oh Patrick.....

OgtheDim
08-07-2019, 08:23 PM
2 weeks looks about 2 levels above everybody else on the pitch.

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 08:25 PM
2 weeks looks about 2 levels above everybody else on the pitch.

Yeah, pretty impressive for a guy who may or may not exist and is between the ages of 22-26.

Mullins on the other hand...

Yuushalinsky
08-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Gallardo definitely coming as advertised - really strong on the ball and good instincts on the attack.

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Endoh!!!!!

rydermike
08-07-2019, 08:27 PM
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=733723297084487
Moor's goal. Horrendous goalkeeping

DFloorDanny
08-07-2019, 08:28 PM
Is anyone listening to the Ottawa TSN radio broadcast? These guys are having a field day making fun of the refs and linesmen. It's comical

rydermike
08-07-2019, 08:29 PM
2-0 with 2 away goals.

tfcfans
08-07-2019, 08:29 PM
Perfect Road game....good job TFC....

notthesun
08-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Found it a pretty meh game. Got the job done, moving on.

rydermike
08-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Impact beat Calvary 2-1, but the CPL team got an away goal. Hopefully they can upset Montreal next game

Luanda
08-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Well that site does work, or at least http://www.firstsrows.com/us does!
Watching
Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers

Mikmacdo
08-07-2019, 08:48 PM
My thoughts on the game:

Mullens is shit, should have played Ayo and give him the backup striker spot.

The Shaff lacks skill in the final third. Maybe he is a future LB?

Delgado cant score a goal to save his life.

Gallardo looked decent in the couple of times he touched the ball.

Benezet doesn’t seem like someone coming from Ligue 1 yet.

Good game by Bono.

Fraser was ok.

Endoh has something the other wingers don’t have, finishing ability.

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 08:54 PM
While you can’t really draw any conclusions from this match, it’s interesting that Vanney’s insistence on playing possession this year doesn’t translate to facing weaker opposition where it should be more effective.

42% possession and just 73% pass accuracy.

Oldtimer
08-07-2019, 09:05 PM
Mullins appears to have Chad Barrett syndrome.

Osorio looking a shadow of last year's Osorio, nearly cost us a penalty, too.

Bono looking like Bono. Great shot stopping, poor distribution. He's more confident going for the ball which is an improvement over the funk he'd gotten into.

Gallardo looks good, he'll be a good fit and nice addition. I expect him to get some clever goals or assists in future games.

The team should have done better, but did enough that we won't have to waste our DPs on the second half at home.

Defoe
08-07-2019, 09:10 PM

Bono looking like Bono. Great shot stopping, poor distribution. He's more confident going for the ball which is an improvement over the funk he'd gotten into.

Gallardo looks good, he'll be a good fit and nice addition. I expect him to get some clever goals or assists in future games.

The team should have done better, but did enough that we won't have to waste our DPs on the second half at home.

Glad to hear Gallardo looked good, hopefully Benezet can get it going next game

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 09:13 PM

Osorio should be stepping it up, especially in games like these.

Beginning to look like the new contract wasn’t a good idea.

19Barrett19
08-07-2019, 09:53 PM

Easy tiger, easy!

Red CB Toronto
08-07-2019, 09:55 PM
Impact beat Calvary 2-1, but the CPL team got an away goal. Hopefully they can upset Montreal next game

I want another road trip to Montreal , love those games each and every time.

SirBobSaget
08-07-2019, 11:01 PM
Anyone know if Morgan was subbed because of an injury?

Maybe because hes starting on Sat since Morrow is suspended.

flambe
08-07-2019, 11:08 PM
Away goals don’t count for anything more in CCL. Fury can still tie it up if they win 2-1 at BMO. Unlikely, but still.

stegosaurus
08-07-2019, 11:35 PM
Away goals don’t count for anything more in CCL. Fury can still tie it up if they win 2-1 at BMO. Unlikely, but still.

Away goals still count, at least according to the press releases. They just removed extra time and it goes straight to penalties in the event of a draw after considering away goals.

If the Fury win 2-1 at BMO, TFC would still move on as the aggregate score would be 3-2 for TFC.

Hamilton_Red
08-08-2019, 01:27 AM

This isn’t CCL..its the Voyageurs Cup/ Canadian Championship. Away goals certainly do count.

Redpunkfiddle
08-08-2019, 07:39 AM
Away goals still count, at least according to the press releases. They just removed extra time and it goes straight to penalties in the event of a draw after considering away goals.

If the Fury win 2-1 at BMO, TFC would still move on as the aggregate score would be 3-2 for TFC.

This isn’t CCL..its the Voyageurs Cup/ Canadian Championship. Away goals certainly do count.

Even in CCL, away goals were used as a tiebreaker up to the semi finals last year, just to be precise. It was only the finals that didn’t use them.

Initial B
08-08-2019, 07:46 AM
At the game last night, and I think the graphic on the MLS side is wrong. TFC didn't start the game in a 3-4-3, they played the first half in a flat 4-4-2 and played for the counter - not what I was expecting and probably why the possession metrics seemed off. At the half, Vanney took off Morgan and put on Shaffleberg and switched to a more attack-minded 4-3-3 with Fraser playing Bradley's role and Benezet playing Pozuelo's role and Shaff and Endoh on the wings. I didn't even notice when they changed Benezet for Gallardo. Moor was a great stabilizing influence on the backline and Zavaleta was lucky he only got a Yellow after cynically hauling down a Fury player on the way to the goal. They used a pretty solid B team. I think we'll see the same players trotted out next week as Vanney will probably keep his best players rested for the Finals.

stegosaurus
08-08-2019, 08:45 AM
At the game last night, and I think the graphic on the MLS side is wrong. TFC didn't start the game in a 3-4-3, they played the first half in a flat 4-4-2 and played for the counter - not what I was expecting and probably why the possession metrics seemed off. At the half, Vanney took off Morgan and put on Shaffleberg and switched to a more attack-minded 4-3-3 with Fraser playing Bradley's role and Benezet playing Pozuelo's role and Shaff and Endoh on the wings. I didn't even notice when they changed Benezet for Gallardo. Moor was a great stabilizing influence on the backline and Zavaleta was lucky he only got a Yellow after cynically hauling down a Fury player on the way to the goal. They used a pretty solid B team. I think we'll see the same players trotted out next week as Vanney will probably keep his best players rested for the Finals.

Quick question for the local Fury fan: how much is the roster you guys fielded last night worth? How have the Fury looked this season overall?

I’m just wondering, because TFC looked pretty flat for much of the game despite fielding three TAM players and a few other starters, and really didn’t dominate the match like they should have. Could have been a lack of effort, not exerting themselves on turf, etc., but the score line really belies a pretty uninspiring performance overall.

Despite being a “B-team” there were no TFC2 players and this lineup could have pretty much been our starting lineup for half of this season anyway.

It’s a win, sure, but it wasn’t very inspiring.

Auzzy
08-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Quick question for the local Fury fan: how much is the roster you guys fielded last night worth? How have the Fury looked this season overall?

I’m just wondering, because TFC looked pretty flat for much of the game despite fielding three TAM players and a few other starters, and really didn’t dominate the match like they should have. Could have been a lack of effort, not exerting themselves on turf, etc., but the score line really belies a pretty uninspiring performance overall.

Despite being a “B-team” there were no TFC2 players and this lineup could have pretty much been our starting lineup for half of this season anyway.

It’s a win, sure, but it wasn’t very inspiring.

One could say, TFC did what they needed to do... However top teams use games like this as a bit of training exercise, practicing & refining their normal strategies, bringing bench players into the mix etc.

I thought it looked like most TFC players didn't know each other well, and had difficulty stringing passes together even when there wasn't much pressure. (Give Ottawa credit, they did press quite a bit.) TFC had 74% overall passing accuracy, compared with 81% accuracy for the lower-league team. Benezet & Gallardo are green on the team, but the rest should know each other.

I think the bouncy unfamiliar pitch also played a role for TFC.

I'm happy with the results so far. Let's see how next week goes, hopefully a bit more consistency from TFC.

Initial B
08-08-2019, 12:00 PM
I have no idea how much the Fury's roster salary is, but I estimate it between $1.2-0.8 million. That's somewhat higher than the rumoured CPL salary cap of around $750K. The Fury currently sit 6th in the Eastern Conference of the USL, the lowest placed of the 4 teams that left NASL before it folded but still well above the playoff line. It's one of the more entertaining teams they've fielded in the last 4 years, but I noticed that the Fury players were playing a a higher tempo than they usually do against USL/CPL opponents and they played pretty much their A-team.

OgtheDim
08-08-2019, 06:35 PM
The post game presser with Vanney had a few things of note

a) the field is a bouncy pitch the team isn't used to because of the quality outdoor surfaces they all train & play on

b) Morgan subbed because he isn't used to a lot of game time yet (he's playing Saturday is what I got out of that)

c) Benezet isn't used to working with people yet while Gallardo is getting to fitness

d) He said our crosses were just not good enough - stuff not connecting at all

On point d - if we are to go with a wide attack then into Jozy & others, the crossing has to get better - Shaffs is OK & Poz is Poz but Morrow & Laryea have to do better

stegosaurus
08-08-2019, 06:59 PM
I have no idea how much the Fury's roster salary is, but I estimate it between $1.2-0.8 million. That's somewhat higher than the rumoured CPL salary cap of around $750K. The Fury currently sit 6th in the Eastern Conference of the USL, the lowest placed of the 4 teams that left NASL before it folded but still well above the playoff line. It's one of the more entertaining teams they've fielded in the last 4 years, but I noticed that the Fury players were playing a a higher tempo than they usually do against USL/CPL opponents and they played pretty much their A-team.

Thanks!

Vanney’s post-game comments (thanks Og) pretty much confirm it, I guess.

I was hoping with the combination of poor performance and the loss to the Fury a couple years ago that we’d have seen them really try to give them a throttling, but I guess it wasn’t in the cards.

I can understand the pitch and getting guys acclimatized, but I guess I was hoping to see a little more, especially when Benezet, Gallardo, and Osorio all saw the pitch (though Gallardo looked good).

Fort York Redcoat
08-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Not too many great moments in this one but job done.

The broadcast was spotty but glad we could get together for it.

Gareth is still improving each game for his calls but that matches atmo took a lot out of it. Audio mics were low. Prolly because of last year but oh well.

On to BMO