PDA

View Full Version : Luque?

jloome
08-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Whole passel of Ajax players being released. Is Luque still good enough to be a DP? And Both Rommedahl and Bakircioglu are good players too.

from sportlife.com:

VAN BASTEN HAS A 'NEW VISION' Ajax coach Marco van Basten has dropped Albert Luque, Kenneth Perez, Jurgen Colin and Laurent Delorge from first-team training.
The quartet have all been told they are no longer welcome after failing to impress during pre-season training.
"We have been busy for three weeks now and in those weeks we gave every player their chance," Van Basten told official club website www.ajax.nl.
"In some cases that has led to new vision and that is why we have made some players clear on their position.
"The transfer window closes at the end of the month and we expect something will happen with some of our players.
"We want to work with a selection of 24 players."
Only last week Luque expressed his desire to be an important player at Ajax, claiming Van Basten had told him he had been earmarked for an influential role.
Leonardo, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Dennis Rommedahl and George Ogararu have also been told they are free to find another club.

toonarmy
08-05-2008, 04:04 AM
Whole passel of Ajax players being released. Is Luque still good enough to be a DP? And Both Rommedahl and Bakircioglu are good players too.

from sportlife.com:

VAN BASTEN HAS A 'NEW VISION' Ajax coach Marco van Basten has dropped Albert Luque, Kenneth Perez, Jurgen Colin and Laurent Delorge from first-team training.
The quartet have all been told they are no longer welcome after failing to impress during pre-season training.
"We have been busy for three weeks now and in those weeks we gave every player their chance," Van Basten told official club website www.ajax.nl.
"In some cases that has led to new vision and that is why we have made some players clear on their position.
"The transfer window closes at the end of the month and we expect something will happen with some of our players.
"We want to work with a selection of 24 players."
Only last week Luque expressed his desire to be an important player at Ajax, claiming Van Basten had told him he had been earmarked for an influential role.
Leonardo, Kennedy Bakircioglu, Dennis Rommedahl and George Ogararu have also been told they are free to find another club.

Jesus wept.

arbogast
08-05-2008, 08:06 AM
hmmmm.... Luque played at Newcastle, no?
Maybe Carver can pull some strings.

tlear
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Sounds like Mo should be on the phone with this guy's agent, Newcastle connection too.. very doubtful that he will consider us though.

Canadian Blue
08-05-2008, 09:17 AM
hmmmm.... Luque played at Newcastle, no?
Maybe Carver can pull some strings.

I may be wrong but wasn't he a complete bust at Newcastle?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM

He was terrible, i still wouldnt mind giving him a shot.
Bit doubtful tho

Canadian Blue
08-05-2008, 09:33 AM
We need to remember that playing in europe does not mean automatic MLS Superstar......Luque has been passed around about 4 teams in the past 5 years, not really a good thing. If I am not mistaken though I think he did have a long term injury as well a few years back.

arbogast
08-05-2008, 09:48 AM

Yeah I'm not saying he was lights out or anything, I just noticed a connection.
I'd say the chances of us making a move for him are slim at best.

Jack
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Luque was a beast at Depor when they were top of the league in Spain.

Injuries really hit him the past few years then he had a tough time regaining form, but he's a great player.

Not really a deadly finisher though...so he'd still not be the all out solution to our scoring problems.

Seen
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
There is no way in hell I want Luque on our team. If you think Robert is lazy, you ain't seen nothing yet. It's not just injuries, he only cares about money. After he left Newcastle he admitted he was only there for the money, and because he now had it he couldn't be bothered to put the effort in. He will most likely go back to Spain. Besides he's more of a left sided player than a striker, and I would much rather have Robert.

TFC_Toon
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Lazy bugger when he was at Newcastle, no heart, pass.

Yohan
08-05-2008, 12:04 PM
I'd give rommedahl a look, but we're pretty strong in the wing department.

No thanks on Luque.

Super
08-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Rommedahl is a great player, but he is indeed a winger, and what we need is a striker right now. Also, he wouldn't come out here in a million years. He should have no trouble finding a top club in Europe at this time.

jloome
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, judging by the Toon reaction here I've lost track a little! I remmeber this guy being a hell of a striker in spain a few years back, barging through defensive walls like they weren't there adn scoring highlight reel goals.

What happened?

Jack
08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow, judging by the Toon reaction here I've lost track a little! I remmeber this guy being a hell of a striker in spain a few years back, barging through defensive walls like they weren't there adn scoring highlight reel goals.

What happened?

Even then, his strike rate wasn't anything special.

I should mention, he wasn't a part of the team that won the league, but while he was there, they were in the top 3 a few times.

toonarmy
08-07-2008, 03:24 AM
Just to elaborate on my 'Jesus wept' statement:

Luque is lazy, has a bad attitude, absolutely no talent, and no desire to improve. He would bring nothing to TFC.

Jack
08-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I think you're right on 4 out of the 5 points you make, toonarmy.

He does have talent, he just wastes it because he's lazy, has a bad attitude and no desire to improve. And he would bring nothing to TFC.

TFC_Toon
08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I think you're right on 4 out of the 5 points you make, toonarmy.

He does have talent, he just wastes it because he's lazy, has a bad attitude and no desire to improve. And he would bring nothing to TFC.

Agreed, he has talent but too much baggage with the rest of the points.