PDA

View Full Version : mike toth on toronto fc fans and the argos coming to bmo

NateDoGG
08-04-2008, 10:00 PM
did anyone watch sportsnet news tonite? well i just saw mike toth rip into tfc fans, he said we should be happy to accept the argos at our stadium, then he went on to say at the end "fc fans should stop whining and just stick to what they do best, drink lots of booze, throw things at the players and refs, and chant hate songs with fake british accents"

if u wanna watch itm, sportsnet news is reairing til 1am, check it out, it will send u into a rage
http://www.sportsnet.ca/bios/toth_mike/

Cambridge_Red
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
LOL commence that Toth bashing..

Chevy
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
did anyone watch sportsnet news tonite? well i just saw mike toth rip into tfc fans, he said we should be happy to accept the argos at our stadium, then he went on to say at the end "fc fans should stop whining and just stick to what they do best, drink lots of booze, throw things at the players and refs, and chant hate songs with fake british accents"

This guy has been in bed with CFL for ages, I think he's a western boy and has some history covering the CFL.

Do you have this cunt's (or his boss') email?

NateDoGG
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
i suggest u guys watch the next airing of sportsnet news
should be on in a few mins..

Chevy
Here is his Wikipedia Entry - What a f'in loser.

Mike Toth (born September 27 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_27), 1963 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963) in Moose Jaw (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_Jaw%2C_Saskatchewan), Saskatchewan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatchewan), Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada)) is a Canadian sports anchor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_anchor). He grew up in Bassano, Alberta. He currently can be seen on Rogers Sportsnet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_Sportsnet) Sportsnet Connected (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportsnet_Connected). He was previously a sports anchor for TSN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sports_Network)'s SportsCentre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SportsCentre). He is widely known across Canada for his hyperactive personality on-air. In February of 2007 he was suspended from on air work for an indefinite period of time. [1] (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070221.TRUTH21/TPStory/TPSports/Television/) Since then he has hosted the Hockey Central (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_Central) program, as well as guest hosted Prime Time Sports (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Time_Sports) on The Fan 590 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fan_590). In a 2006 Toronto Star survey, Toth was named as the most annoying sports anchor in Toronto.
Toth has joined the FAN 590 to co-host the Bullpen show with Mike Hogan from 10:00 am to noon. [2] (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/276927)

PaulinosTFC

Can't say I'm surprised, that cunt is one of the HUGE reasons why I despise sportsnet and everything to do with them. Let the hate-mail and death threats begin...

profit89
08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
toth is a LOSER

Chevy
08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
also looks like he's put on a few pounds lately. PILE ON BOYS!!!!

Torcida
08-04-2008, 10:10 PM
This isn't the first time I have heard the "fake" british accent attack, I think he got that from a YouTube comment. I have been to nearly every TFC home game and I have never experienced this fake british accent phenomenon, I have heard a lot of people with authentic British accents for sure but "fake"? The worst part is how he phrases it, he implies that all "FC" fans are whiners, alchoholics who chant hate songs with British accents.

Superiority Complex = Mike Toth.

Ps: Type in Mike Toth is queer in google and look what shows up.

Chevy
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
More Proof of Stupidity below...(From Feb 2007)

BAD CONNECTION
Looks like Sportsnet Connected has been hit with a prominent short fuse.
A network source confirmed yesterday that Mike Toth, one of the network's more colourful on-air personalities, is spending time in the penalty box.
Word is Toth mixed it up with a producer and was suspended. Already sidelined for a couple weeks, there's no word when he will return as co-host of Connected. Toth is apparently still with the Rogers family, if his appearances on The Fan this week are an indication.
Before the recent tussle, Toth had made the occasional not-so-subtle on-air dig at the new direction the network is headed.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Longley/2007/02/22/3654762-sun.html

Hooligan69
08-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd rather subject myself to several hours of nails on a chalkboard than listen to some dumb cunt pontificating about something he knows absolutely nothing about. An imbecile like Mike Toth isn't worthy of attention from us or anyone else.

It seems to me that nobody in this city is committed to building a successful championship sports franchise. The Leafs, Raptors, Argos, Blue Jays, Lynx, TFC all fall under the same category. The people of this city are no doubt content supporting mediocrity year in and year out as the clubs and the city and the crooked bastard scalpers reach into our pockets and rob us of every last cent. I love this city, but I can't help but feel disgusted and sick to my stomach when I see how pathetic our sports franchises have become. It's about nothing but profit, profit, profit and more profit at the expense of championships and winning seasons. However, I am still a diehard supporter of Toronto FC and will be until the day I die (if the club doesn't fade away before then).

I'm sick of so-called journalists and sportscasters scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for reasons to trash TFC and its devoted supporters. People like Mike Toth would be better served collecting rubbish and whisking away trash bins instead of whining like a bitch with his panties in a twist. Go ahead, Sportsnet, I sense we are once again in dire need of 24 hours straight of NHL talk and endless banter about how the Leafs and Blue Jays promise to be better next season.

I think I've already said more than enough. Any further ranting on this subject and I just might put my fist through the computer monitor.

rocker
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
i wonder what gerry dobson thinks of this cunt... hey gerry, we know you read this board... go down the hall and give him a kick in the nuts for us ;)

reggie
08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
who gives a shit what this hockey fuck says...futbol is the #one sport in the world and always will be(he actually said fake brit accents)fuck that is a racist comment.
i think we should get this redneck fired..........

Oblio2
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Mike Toth can go fuck himself.

A complete bag of douche(s)

rocker
08-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Mike Toth is a wannabe comedian who isn't really funny.. and when conversations get serious, he always seems really really awkward.. like a joker kid at a Sunday church service.

sportsnet has some of the weirdest, strangest hosts tho... I mean, Jim Lang is an alien. and that older morning show guy (is he still on?) was too fake-happy for my liking. Jason Portuando is also really annoying.

Torcida
I wonder if Mike Toth would dare to say that to a true TFC fan, one of the countless supporters who have but their heart and soul into supporting this fledgling franchise, I would like to see Toth say that to my face or the face of one of the RPB, U-Sector, NEE, Celidh House Hoolie, Ultras 114, or one of us at the top of 110/109.

If you see Mike Toth on the street, give a big "Fuck You" from all of us, thanks.

AL-MO
He is a total loser. He should stick to junior hockey.

dupont
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
fake british accents? what a fucking douchebag.

AL-MO
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Mike Toth is a wannabe comedian who isn't really funny.. and when conversations get serious, he always seems really really awkward.. like a joker kid at a Sunday church service.

sportsnet has some of the weirdest, strangest hosts tho... I mean, Jim Lang is an alien. and that older morning show guy (is he still on?) was too fake-happy for my liking. Jason Portuando is also really annoying.

Jim Lang is another idiot. Looks like his eyes are bulging out of his head constantly.

Mrs. Workie
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
"fc fans should stop whining and just stick to what they do best, drink lots of booze, throw things at the players and refs, and chant hate songs with fake british accents"

He called us FC Fans- proving the point further he doesn't have a clue.

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah....those FC fans should shut up.

I am glad he isn't talking about TFC fans...then I'd have to kick his ass. ;)

Torcida
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
mike.toth@sportsnet.rogers.com

I'm not 100% this is correct. As it comes from an anonymous post from someone pissed that he bashed the Jays and their fans.

NateDoGG
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
its coming up on the show if u wanna watch it again
turn ur channel to sportsnet

Torcida
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
its coming up on the show if u wanna watch it again
turn ur channel to sportsnet
I'd rather not, I'm afraid I'd puke over my TV set or something.

Phil
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I love how they market TFC before the show. Douchbags. Honestly I just puked in my mouth on that one.

Kickit09
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM
fuck him and fuck the argos... hope to see him at BMO soon

Bars92
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Mike Toth is a muggy little cunt. My British accent is 100% authentic, same as my British passport.

Chevy
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
For now and for Ever: Mike Toth = Fat Bastard

http://www.rapidfiredreams.com/media/FatBastard.gif

rocker
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
how come we always hear of commentators being muzzled for saying things that go against the "corporate line" ... then when it comes to TFC, anything is fair game.
I mean, Sportsnet is a partner in TFC broadcasts, so Toth is essentially badmouthing the people that will be watching his station's broadcasts. I guess free speech is a great thing, but if somebody on TSN said that about CFL fans, they'd be taken into the boss's office and talked down to.
Or to put it another way, if Toth said the same thing about Leafs or Habs fans before a Leafs or Habs game, he'd be fired (I guess like he was the first time ;)
He'd play it off as fair comment, but really it's inbred biases that direct his thinking.

Oblio2
08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Yep. Born and raised in Essex....Full accent.
Not that anyone has to justify themselves to this fucking cock gobbler.
I bet if you look at his passport picture, it's a picture of a cunt!

Bars92
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
I think he meant "fake English accents", what the hell is a British accent anyways?

TFC07
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
See people, this is why I only watch theScore. TSN and Sportsnet are both shit!

MG42
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
LOL commence that Toth bashing..

Ahem, allow me...

One of the most unprofessional and unknowledgeable sportscasters in this city.

Why unknowledgeable? I have listened/watched to Toth on various TV and Radio segments over the years, and it seems to me that he has no understanding of any of the sports he attemps to cover. Sure he knows how the games are played, but he never gives any insight into the inner workings/dealings/x's and o's of sports.

Why unprofessional? His main "attribute" has ALWAYS been this quirky snappy shtick, which usually attacks some sport/group of fans/athlete etc etc.

Now guys like Bob McCowan can, in my view, generally get away with this kind of thing because they have a great depth of sports/sports business knowledge (whether you like McCowan or not you must honestly agree he's been around and knows a great deal about sports...even horseracing lol)...Toth does not

a classic Tothism;

"Well I played goalie in junior D for the Calgary barebacks, and it got really cold in those old arenas back then, and I would say to my teamates, guys you're lucky you can skate around to keep warm, I'm stuck in this net, hahahahahahahaha"

or

"Well my dad used to hit pebbles with a stick, and you know kids, if you hit pebbles with a stick it's only natural that you'll be great at hitting a baseball" <------this one was from tonight filling in for McCowan on Prime Time Sports

Guys, Toth is a terrible sports personality...he might be a really nice guy if you meet him on the street but he is terrible at his job. some people must think he's good to get as far as he has, but really I think (and hope) noone takes anything he ever says seriously. He's a one trick pony, who's time will come, and we will all forget he was ever here as a sportscaster.

The only way he can keep relevant is to say crap like this...like a troll it's best to ignore him completely.

Sonny Cheeba
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
This isn't the first time I have heard the "fake" british accent attack, I think he got that from a YouTube comment. I have been to nearly every TFC home game and I have never experienced this fake british accent phenomenon, I have heard a lot of people with authentic British accents for sure but "fake"? The worst part is how he phrases it, he implies that all "FC" fans are whiners, alchoholics who chant hate songs with British accents.

Superiority Complex = Mike Toth.

Ps: Type in Mike Toth is queer in google and look what shows up.

if you heard a scottish guy yelling "fir fucks sakes!" every 2 minutes at the montreal game. that was my dad.

he enjoyed himself. he didn't really expect the atmosphere to be as good as it was.

Mike Toth tosses salad without jelly.

Torcida
08-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Ahem, allow me...

One of the most unprofessional and unknowledgeable sportscasters in this city.

Why unknowledgeable? I have listened/watched to Toth on various TV and Radio segments over the years, and it seems to me that he has no understanding of any of the sports he attemps to cover. Sure he knows how the games are played, but he never gives any insight into the inner workings/dealings/x's and o's of sports.

Why unprofessional? His main "attribute" has ALWAYS been this quirky snappy shtick, which usually attacks some sport/group of fans/athlete etc etc.

Now guys like Bob McCowan can, in my view, generally get away with this kind of thing because they have a great depth of sports/sports business knowledge (whether you like McCowan or not you must honestly agree he's been around and knows a great deal about sports...even horseracing lol)...Toth does not

a classic Tothism;

"Well I played goalie in junior D for the Calgary barebacks, it got rally cold in those old arenas back then and I would say to my teamates, guys you're lucky you can skate around to keep warm, I'm stuck in this net, hahahahahahahaha"

or

"Well my dad used to hit pebbles with a stick, and you know kids, if you hit pebbles with a stick it's only natural that you'll be great at hitting a baseball" <------this one was from tonight filling in for McCowan on Prime Time Sports

Guys, Toth is a terrible sports personality...he might be a really nice guy if you meet him on the street but he is terrible at his job. some people must think he's good to get as far as he has, but really I think (and hope) noone takes anything he ever says seriously. He's a one trick pony, who's time will come, and we will all forget he was ever here as a sportscaster.

The only way he can keep relevant is to say crap like this...like a troll it's best to ignore him completely.
LOL at him trying to say that he is a great baseball hitter. What a douche.

Flipityflu
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
we have to rise above this. we can't let ourselves be dragged to the bottom by Mike Toth. we have to keep in mind that he has a really small penis, eats poo in his spare time, and likes to dress up as a girl guide. we must feel sympathy for him, like you would any mental retard. next time you see him, don't yell abuse. give him a hug and lead him to the short bus.

Oblio2
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Mike Toth tosses salad without jelly.

:hump:

HA HA HA

RPB_Brantford_08
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Mike toth is a scumbag of the highest order.

koryo
08-04-2008, 11:18 PM
glorified

frat

boy.

And not worth a second thought.

Don Julio
08-04-2008, 11:31 PM
He's got a point with the fake British accents - pretty embarrassing - but fuck him and the half-tonne he rode in on.

Like it or not there's a lot of 20-somethings at our grounds that get all English when they're singing and then turn and speak to you with an authentic Brampton drawl.. Usually the same retards that start singing for Chelsea halfway throygh a draw. Pretty common - I've seen it in two different areas more than once.

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 11:32 PM
What fake British accents? I haven't heard one from anyone who ISN'T from BRITAIN!

Hooligan69
08-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Well, damn, my rant was a little too long there.

Nomad
08-04-2008, 11:43 PM
What fake British accents? I haven't heard one from anyone who ISN'T from BRITAIN!

You must be deaf....

MrHawk
08-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Gotta love people who can talk all tough on the screen and would act like a pansy ass in real life.

All flame and hate mail towards him would just add fuel to his fire, and cause more idiotic rants like the spew that we had to hear. I guess we're not but a bunch of beer drinking, beer throwing idiots who should be GLAD to have the Argo's?

Are people that moronic, that don't understand what the cause here is? Most of us are fans of the Argos. We just don't want those ugly ass football lines ruining our SSS.

CenturySam
08-05-2008, 12:18 AM
Bio in Mike's own words: "I was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, which makes me arguably the third best goaltender to hail from this prairie paradise, behind Glenn "Chico" Resch and Ed Staniowski. Currently, I am arguably the second best goaltender at Sportsnet, behind former Weyburn Red Wing stalwart Daren Millard.

goes with his big head

Sonny Cheeba
08-05-2008, 12:19 AM
i just watched it on sportsnet.ca clicked on more videos and there it was.

he's just reduced to making insults because he has no fucking clue.

oh to those people who've heard fake english accents..... was it during chants? i'm guessing it's "c'mon you reds".

Captain Croatia
08-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Fuck Toth, fuck the Argo's and the CFL, fuck Sportsnet, fuck all the people who call us FC, fuck the moon, fuck the desk, fuck me, fuck you, fuck everything.

PS. all the fuck reminds me of the Trailer Park Boys Movie LOL

Kickit09
08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
^ fuckin right

Flipityflu
08-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Bio in Mike's own words: I like feltching animals

fixed

Sonny Cheeba
08-05-2008, 12:53 AM
:sheep:

Kickit09
08-05-2008, 01:21 AM
mike toth on his day off
http://etnies.com/site-images/news/article/Tony-fucks-sheep.jpg

Heathen
08-05-2008, 05:59 AM
You're giving the useless fuck exactly what he wants... attention.

BuSaPuNk
08-05-2008, 06:10 AM
Yeah it's so true. He is one of those Howard Stern types any attention is good attention. This guy really doesn't know what he is talking about. I usually listen to Fan 590 at work and well I have herd Toth at his best. Like bringing in Racisim being the reason that Emery couldn't get a job in the NHL this year. And also being behind the NFL coming to Toronto but also backing the CFL so that the NFL doesn't come to Canada. Confused yet??
This guy doesn't know anything about anything. Someone really needs to put him into his place. He is a cancer when it comes to Sports broadcasting.

MG42
08-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Jim Lang is another idiot. Looks like his eyes are bulging out of his head constantly.

LOL I love how every female co-host he works with looks like they are scared out of their minds of him lol

nascarguy
08-05-2008, 06:44 AM
mike toth on his day off
http://etnies.com/site-images/news/article/Tony-fucks-sheep.jpg
yep that is him

zeelaw
08-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Ok, commence internet hate campaign?

mclaren
08-05-2008, 07:00 AM
I have a British accent - does that mean at games I should put on a fake Canadian accent? Does he consider they are quite a few British ex-pats that go to games?

KdotOdot
08-05-2008, 07:00 AM
LOL

whats even funnier is that people actually WATCH THE CFL!!

3 downs?!?!?! Way to REMOVE the run game from your shitty sport.

CanuckPete
08-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Ehhh. Toth's shtick was tired a decade ago.

He is not knowledgeable. At all. And his attempts at humour are cringe-worthy.

Next.

burlingtonguy3
08-05-2008, 07:01 AM
feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com (feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com)

BigLou
08-05-2008, 07:02 AM
I have to say that until this point I have been a big Toth fan. His ignorance calling our buys "FC" and stereotyping us as drunk is too much for me to handle though.

Phil
08-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Ok, commence internet hate campaign?

I wouldn't bother, all you are going to do is give him more ammunition. Last thing we need is another personality who finds it fashionable to hate on 'soccer' in this town.

I would guess the only reason he brought it up on that show was due to the response he got last time. The more we bite on this stuff, the more they will press it.

H Bomb
08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
I remember him going on a diatribe last year about not "getting" the David Beckham stardom thing. He said he understood gretzky or Elvis (he' never done a story that doesn't include Elvis) but couldn't figure out why people cared about Beckham the soccer player. Bottom line is the ignorant should be ignored.

Chevy
08-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Mike Toth = Fat Bastard

canadian_bhoy
08-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Mike Toth is a total waste of time. I used to listen to the Hogan show on the Fan until he picked up Toth as his sidekick, now I never listen. Toth basically knows about junior hockey and the CFL and even those are a stretch.

He fancies himself as a comedian and always goes for the obvious pun (yet falls flat on his face with the delivery). Now that he's on the Fan, he's trying to rip off the persona that Bob McKowan has created - probably in the hope of one day filling his seat (that says it all no?)

His whole argument for the Argos is that its a city building and they should make the most of it.

Well, its a city built soccer specific stadium - designed to enhance the sport in Canada and be a home for the CMNT.

If the Jays built a new retro park with pure and true baseball lines, would people support tearing it up to make room for a football field? I highly doubt it.

The one thing I will say though is that I have heard the fake british accents. I'd say there are probably about 10 people out of 20,000 who do it, so its not really a speaking point as far as I'm concerned.

Inswingingwingman
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
I've been practising that fake accent for years.

And I never drink more than 24 beers.

I swear now and then, at the tv in the den,

And run away from guys seem like queers.

At the end of the day who gives a fuck what he thinks. Get over it.

Watch Cornation Street and learn the real accent. Or last of the summer wine, thou shalt like it.

I've got some small white pills might help, keeps my blood pressure down.

I gotta get me a video cam. I could mock up a studio, dress like Bob and Doug with an english acccent, and host a football I call Wilson.

As for BMO field, I wish they'd ask the fans to wear white kit so you could tell if the far fans on the tv are in the loo, or not there.

Flipityflu
08-05-2008, 08:06 AM
You're giving the useless fuck exactly what he wants... attention.

fair enough...just couldn't resist though :)

jimiv
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Sportsnet has a news show?

Who knew?

Bobo
08-05-2008, 08:34 AM
LOL

Actually CFL is a better game than NFL......

But on topic.....FUCK TOTH. I don't know where journalists get off thinking they can insult football fans. I mean I never hear rugby getting shit on and that audience is a minority too. I think it just stems from bitterness that the sport is so big everywhere else.

feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com (feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com)

Do it people! Even if it's just a one liner. Don't tell yourself you have better things to do, you're already on an internet forum.

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I emailed them.

- Scott

KdotOdot
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
[quote=Bobo;121595]Actually CFL is a better game than NFL......

[quote]

I'm sure it is if you're drinking a keg of Lysol and smoking a pound of freebase before each game.

But back to the topic. FUCK TOTH!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-05-2008, 09:33 AM
:rofl:

Inswingingwingman
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
American football is a tailgate party before watching paint dry while drunk and passing farts from baked beans and beer.

It's the pools, betting and hype. The players are so out of shape they get 4 minutes between plays to get their 300 pounds of beer gut in place for the next run up the middle.

The playbook is simple

AA runs middle.
AA runs right.
AA runs left.
WB kicks ball

where AA = African American
WB=White Boy

reggie
08-05-2008, 09:40 AM
why all the cfl hate here,its the 2nd best pro football league in the world,oh there are only 2 leagues, CFL SUCKS....listen to fan now,i'm sure hogan and toth are wacking each other off talking cfl,jr hockey,and sundin.....

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2008, 09:40 AM
[quote=Bobo;121595]Actually CFL is a better game than NFL......

[quote]

I'm sure it is if you're drinking a keg of Lysol and smoking a pound of freebase before each game.

I really think all of this CFL slagging is one of the saddest side-effects of the whole CFL vs. TFC, Argos vs. BMO saga.

- Scott

MisterMacphisto
08-05-2008, 09:45 AM
:Yawn:

I 100% guarantee you, this cunt is only saying these things for the exact same reason any pundit in any field says shit for the sake of stirring up shit. Controversy is good for ratings.

Douche is not worth our time. Not ever worth a "Who are ya"

KdotOdot
08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
American football is a tailgate party before watching paint dry while drunk and passing farts from baked beans and beer.

It's the pools, betting and hype. The players are so out of shape they get 4 minutes between plays to get their 300 pounds of beer gut in place for the next run up the middle.

The playbook is simple

AA runs middle.
AA runs right.
AA runs left.
WB kicks ball

WB=White Boy

I know eh. That 220lbs of pure smaching machine muscle running back is a fat unahtletic fuck. I mean who needs a break after being smashed by 6 gorillas over and over again.

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
^^^^ meh, the CFL can handle it.....every other league gets slagged at one time or another.

toth is a bi-polar nutjob

Roogsy
08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
But which one takes more skill?

Crashing into a wall for 3 downs or throwing the ball 40 yards? That is what the other side can answer.

I am not one to say one is better than the other...they are different games. It's as useless as the people who say soccer is boring. To each his own.

That is not the point of this thread. The point is that Toth disrespected soccer fans in this city and none of the media seem to be getting that this isn't an anti-Argos thing...it's about keeping BMO Field soccer-specific. They are all making the same argument (it's city-owned) and are all ignoring the same point (the Skydome was built with tax dollars as well...a helluva a lot more tax dollars).

BMO Field was built to promote soccer in this city and this country, using it for pointyball takes away from that purpose and restricts the impact BMO Field will have on soccer in Canada.

Beyond that, you guys can take your CFL/NFL which is better argument to the All Sports Forum.

Inswingingwingman
08-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I can't wait to see how they put the postage stamp size field lines on the turf at the Rogers Center. The fans will be 60 yards from the play. The extra yards in the endzones could be used for a 2000 chick cheerleading group.

I can only hope, I'd watch it for that.

rocker
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
They are all making the same argument (it's city-owned) and are all ignoring the same point (the Skydome was built with tax dollars as well...a helluva a lot more tax dollars).

And I still don't get the argument FOR the Argos moving out of Skydome.

Because "it's not as good an atmosphere"????? is that it?

Certainly it can't be attendance, since they draw 30000 and BMO is smaller... surely it can't be cost, since by all accounts they get a sweetheart deal at Skydome... can't be they are being kicked out due to NFL because the Bills are barely at the Dome over the next 5 years.

Mike Toth and his ilk have yet to make any argument... they are acting on the defensive under some unmentioned assumptions that I have yet to figure out.

What's the reason?

It's irrelevant that it's a taxpayer funded stadium.
You don't move the Argos in "because it's a taxpayer stadium". You move the Argos in because there's some compelling reason to do so. If it's just "we want to be outside" then open the goddamn Dome roof.

Sorry, this the Mike Toth hate thread but I figured I toss that rant in!

olegunnar
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
But which one takes more skill?

Crashing into a wall for 3 downs or throwing the ball 40 yards? That is what the other side can answer.

I disagree 100%. There is a point in saying one is better than the other.
The NFL stands for No free lunch. You earn every inch you win.

The CFL with its rules is a flawed game. The only thing that would stop a good team from scoring is itself. What other competitive sport (horsehoes maybe?) rewards failure like the CFL does. You screw up a punt and put it in the endzone...no probs here's some points, you miss a field goal? no worries you get some points.

The rules take away from the quality of the game as well. Not only are you allowed to have multiple people in motion at the same time, but they're allowed to be moving towards the line of scrimmage. What the hell is that?

Then you have the whole, have to be a yard off the ball, which takes away any sort of lineman play and it degenerates into fatsos playing paddycake. Yes it's true that all lineman have guts, but in the CFL you've got guys like Walby or the worst, Chris Morris, who have no lateral movement skills whatsoever and are just obstacles instead of athletes.

Now you get the field issues. It's the size of Siberia. You can run sideways towards the sideline and still gain yards. Not only that but when you play on a grass field you get to run downhill since the field is crowned.
You've got a field so big it's impossible to cover, add that to the fact they get a running start at the dbs, then you get the yard off so there's no real pass rush, and you've got 30 wide recievers running around like it's a game of flag football in the park. It's a joke.
The size of the field also greatly decreases the number of colisions.
What kind of exotic or even mildly complicated defenses can you call with any confidence? None.

So...to summarize, and to add a comaprision NFL vs CFL
1) you get points for failure in the CFL vs you earn every inch you get in the NFL

2) the rules negate any sort of skillful interplay (one vs ones on the outside, battles between lineman) between various positions or collisions. vs classic battles Strahan vs Elliot Deon vs Jerry Rice

3) the size of the field makes the game a joke. vs in the NFL you can have a film study that last days because of the complicated schemes that are run. It's not just 3 and 4 deep zones.

4) the quality of play sucks. It's like comparing MLS to La Liga.

Then even still in the CFL with all the advantages the offense has, still the players are so bad you get 19-11 snoozefests. If the players were any good you'd get 84-77 type scores. But it's a crap league with crap rules.

If it were called anything other than the "Canadian" football league it would have died long ago. It's hanging on because nationalism is clouding peoples judgment.

As an aside, I've played CIS football. I've also coached high school football. So I'm not some blind hater. From the standpoint of a knowledgeable fan the rules and game of CFL suck ass.

babooo17
08-05-2008, 10:20 AM
what a loser!!!

MG42
08-05-2008, 10:24 AM
1) you get points for failure in the CFL vs you earn every inch you get in the NFL

2) the rules negate any sort of skillful interplay (one vs ones on the outside, battles between lineman) between various positions or collisions. vs classic battles Strahan vs Elliot Deon vs Jerry Rice

3) the size of the field makes the game a joke. vs in the NFL you can have a film study that last days because of the complicated schemes that are run. It's not just 3 and 4 deep zones.

That is a great breakdown.

Inswingingwingman
08-05-2008, 10:39 AM
No one should watch or go to CIS football then?

Geez, by that logic scrap the OHL, CIS sports, anything Canadian Olympic. We are just buch of losers eh?

I tire of how everything American is better........

Northern Soul
08-05-2008, 10:40 AM

The CFL with its rules is a flawed game. The only thing that would stop a good team from scoring is itself. What other competitive sport (horsehoes maybe?) rewards failure like the CFL does. You screw up a punt and put it in the endzone...no probs here's some points, you miss a field goal? no worries you get some points.

The rules take away from the quality of the game as well. Not only are you allowed to have multiple people in motion at the same time, but they're allowed to be moving towards the line of scrimmage. What the hell is that?

Then you have the whole, have to be a yard off the ball, which takes away any sort of lineman play and it degenerates into fatsos playing paddycake. Yes it's true that all lineman have guts, but in the CFL you've got guys like Walby or the worst, Chris Morris, who have no lateral movement skills whatsoever and are just obstacles instead of athletes.

Now you get the field issues. It's the size of Siberia. You can run sideways towards the sideline and still gain yards. Not only that but when you play on a grass field you get to run downhill since the field is crowned.
You've got a field so big it's impossible to cover, add that to the fact they get a running start at the dbs, then you get the yard off so there's no real pass rush, and you've got 30 wide recievers running around like it's a game of flag football in the park. It's a joke.
The size of the field also greatly decreases the number of colisions.
What kind of exotic or even mildly complicated defenses can you call with any confidence? None.

Then even still in the CFL with all the advantages the offense has, still the players are so bad you get 19-11 snoozefests. If the players were any good you'd get 84-77 type scores. But it's a crap league with crap rules.

If it were called anything other than the "Canadian" football league it would have died long ago. It's hanging on because nationalism is clouding peoples judgment.

As an aside, I've played CIS football. I've also coached high school football. So I'm not some blind hater. From the standpoint of a knowledgeable fan the rules and game of CFL suck ass.

Wow.....are you sure you know anything? Comparing MLS to La Liga? You ARE a hater. The linemen aren't athletes??? You won't see anyone like Grady Jackson or Sam Adams in the CFL, because they have to be much more athletic to get to the QB.

1) you get points for failure in the CFL
One thing I agree with you on. The Rouge should go.

You always put your best DB on the other team's best receiver. To say there is no skillful interplay is blind.

The field is bigger, but there are 2 extra players on the field (1 per team). You want to see some good defence, watch the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

That's just ludicrious.

I see so much elitism on both sides of the coin (NFL and CFL). Why can't people just appreciate them both for what they are?

Bars92
08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
The CFL has good athletes, obviously not the calibre of the NFL, but the problem is that the 3-down rules are designed for elite quarterbacks. When good quarterbacks are in supply, (Flutie, Garcia, Moon) the game is great, very exciting. But when there are no proficient quarterbacks you have two teams punting back and forth cause the teams can't move the ball and its boring.

I'd say NFL vs CFL is more like the Premiership vs the lower divisons, but then, they all play the same rules.

Stryker
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Is Toth the douchebag or the Nancy boy?

*checks bio page*

Ah yes hes the douchebag. The Batman to Jamie Campbell's Robin.
Quite the ambiguously gay duo they have there at Sportsnet.

http://home.teleport.com/~rasputin/ImageFiles/amb_gay1.jpg

Bobo
08-05-2008, 11:11 AM

The playbook is simple

AA runs middle.
AA runs right.
AA runs left.
WB kicks ball

WB=White Boy

How can you guys respond to Toth's ignorance with your own? You don't even hold ground to be in the thread.

Open up a football playbook if you think it's simple. I'm not even a huge football guy but dang.......

Loyal
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Fellas, Fellas, Fellas, Let's not get our backs up everytime someone who was not been brought up with the game, does not understand the game, and has no intention of trying, makes an ignorant statement.
Save your energy for the tasks at hand!

Toronto_Bhoy
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I just don't understand why we expend the energy we do on people, who quite frankly…couldn't give a flying fuck about soccer in Canada?

Like I tell my teenage daughters…Britney…Paris…Bobo McClown…Steve Simmons…THEIR NOT IMPORTANT!!!

Honestly…it's like high school all over again…

Vindaloo
08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
He's one of those assholes that football fans come across all the time. Good ol' Canadian boy that thinks anyone who doesn't enjoy a real sport like helmetball or hockey isn't a real man 'cause all other sports are for girls or kids. I'm fed up with this ignorant, macho, ass bandit.

Jeez...he has the gall to say fans are drinking and chanting hate songs. I guess he hasn't gone to a hockey game in awhile. There you get to see drunk people shouting profanity while watching grown men fist fight each other in front of thousands of people including children.

Dirk Diggler
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
The thing about fake British accent is true. I've heard it numerous times myself. It really is quite shameful.

But yeah, don't know where all the TFC hatred is coming from. Why is it so essential for the Argos to move into BMO? They had a chance ... they blew it. It's not like they're being kicked out of Rog Mahal. It's quite shameful that even to this day Toronto seems to have an inferiority complex compared with Montreal. The only reason the Argos want to move out of Rogers Centre is the Als. Just because they started playing in a 20,000 stadium the Argos want to play in one as well.

Roogsy
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM

[...]

LOL!

I think you missed my point.

People will have their preferences...so arguing about it in this forum is pointless...it should have been taken to the All Sports Forum where it belonged.

And for the record...I agree with you. I can't stand CFL style of play, I prefer the NFL having been a full-back myself, I rather enjoyed crashing into Linesmen who in high school...weren't bigger than I was.

AL-MO
08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
LOL!

I think you missed my point.

People will have their preferences...so arguing about it in this forum is pointless...it should have been taken to the All Sports Forum where it belonged.

And for the record...I agree with you. I can't stand CFL style of play, I prefer the NFL having been a full-back myself, I rather enjoyed crashing into Linesmen who in high school...weren't bigger than I was.

Roogsy, :topic:

This is not a debate over CFL/NFL...this is to discuss our hatred of Mike "The Idiot" Toth

Shakes McQueen
08-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Roogsy, :topic:

This is not a debate over CFL/NFL...this is to discuss our hatred of Mike "The Idiot" Toth

What kind of a lame nickname is that? haha.

How about Mike "I enjoy a good douche martini, shaken not stirred" Toth?

- Scott

tfcleeds
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Mike Toth is a douchebag along with his soccer-hating buddy, Hogan. There is no way I would ever listen to their show...

Mango Kid
08-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I've always had the view that if Toth don't like it, it must be good. This is one of those times.

AL-MO
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
What kind of a lame nickname is that? haha.

How about Mike "I enjoy a good douche martini, shaken not stirred" Toth?

- Scott

Obviously I didn't put any thought into it.

How about: Mike "Junior Hockey" Toth

togetherness
08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
I just don't understand why we expend the energy we do on people, who quite frankly…couldn't give a flying fuck about soccer in Canada?

Like I tell my teenage daughters…Britney…Paris…Bobo McClown…Steve Simmons…THEIR NOT IMPORTANT!!!

Amen brother.. I can't beleive the reaction this guy gets.. Wow..
Its Mike Toth for goodness sake..
He is laughing for sure if he reads this thread..
He is a Yocal don't give him attention:noidea:

Barbarez
08-05-2008, 01:30 PM

You got teenage daughters???

ilikemusic
08-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Im consistently amazed at the energy expended everytime somebody says anything about TFC. It does nothing for the public perception of TFC fans.

And if you dont care what the public perception is (because I know the 'we dont give a fuck what they think!' response is coming) then why get so worked up about these kinds of things?

Mango Kid
08-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Im consistently amazed at the energy expended everytime somebody says anything about TFC. It does nothing for the public perception of TFC fans.

And if you dont care what the public perception is (because I know the 'we dont give a fuck what they think!' response is coming) then why get so worked up about these kinds of things?

Words to live by, and sig worthy.

Dirk Diggler
08-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Now see, why do you think my opinion in general is that much different than yours? I completely agree with this post.

AL-MO
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM

I agree, but why does every sportscaster/commentator not involved in the sport get to slam it at every opportunity. And they get away with it because their isn't enough soccer/football media in this country. They are all focused on hockey.

You will never hear a prominent sports media personality say "Hockey is a waste of time sport because noone else in the world gives two shits about it. It is a Sport run by idiots, and it is incredibly amateur"

Those are my thoughts on hockey(I like it but can't take the OVER coverage of it in this country) but if someone in the business was to say this they would be railroaded out of the business FAST....

Thats why people get all up in arms when someone says something about soccer/football

tfcleeds
08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
These guys wouldn't bother badmouthing TFC or their fans if they didn't feel threatened by its popularity. The fact is, they do feel threatened by it. They can't get their heads around the fact that Canadians *gasp* could actually like soccer and that it could grow in popularity as a sport in this country.

They see the real passion TFC fans show, something that obviously has been lacking at other Toronto sports venues for a long time, and they just wish Leafs, Jays, or Argos fans could show the same passion, instead of fans of a sport they think is a girly-sport. So its fear mixed with jealousy, and that's all it is that drives these guys.

Mango Kid
08-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I agree, but why does every sportscaster/commentator not involved in the sport get to slam it at every opportunity. And they get away with it because their isn't enough soccer/football media in this country. They are all focused on hockey.

You will never hear a prominent sports media personality say "Hockey is a waste of time sport because noone else in the world gives two shits about it. It is a Sport run by idiots, and it is incredibly amateur"

Those are my thoughts on hockey(I like it but can't take the OVER coverage of it in this country) but if someone in the business was to say this they would be railroaded out of the business FAST....

Thats why people get all up in arms when someone says something about soccer/football

That isn't entirely true - the Drive This on Hardcore Sports radio (and The Score) crew routinely praise the in stadium atmosphere and fans on their show. Cam Stewart in particular. They even talked of how Vernon Wells said he couldn't believe he was in Toronto when he was at the ASG and how other fans need to be more like TFC fans and less like Leafs fans. I also hear Bill Simmons of ESPN in his podcast talk to one of ESPN's soccer guys who raved about it. Point is, there are people out there who are not bashing the fans/team/sport.

I think too many get wound up over what some of these writers say and want to make it seem like it is a conspiracy or something. Me, I don't care what they say that much, certainly not enough to flood their emails and give them the satisfaction of knowing the public is reading. That just validates their goal, which is to be read and relevant and provoke reaction or thought, even at the risk of being wrong.

Solid example on hockey, really. No question. But it's also about knowing your audience, and most media know it is fashionable (as lame as it is) to kick soccer. It's unoriginal, and lame. But fuck 'em, you know?

DigzTFC!
08-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Word of advice: Watching sportsnet when Toth makes theses comments increases their ratings. Same with clicking on the internet streams.

Just don't watch or listen to him.....period. Shows get cancelled by bad ratings not angry listeners and spectators.

ilikemusic
08-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Doesnt Bob McCown say this on a daily basis? He usually spends 2 of his 3 hours making fun of Bettman, the board of Governers and MLSE.

And what about 'Vinny from Woodbrige'? The mock Leaf fans who goes on and on about 'Dougie'. Id say thats an insult to Leaf fans.

Ill bet a large part of the disrespect shown towards soccer and its supporters in this city by the media is due to the thin skin and the inability to say 'well youre an idiot so who cares?'.

GBV
08-05-2008, 03:46 PM

word.

GBV
08-05-2008, 03:49 PM

on this front, one of my favourite moments in canadian sports broadcasting television was during a raptors broadcast a couple years ago. they went to leaf highlights and jack armstrong -- my fave hoops talker, hands down -- then mumbled something like, "Who cares about hockey?"
can't remember if it was "leafs" or "hockey" but either way classic.

AL-MO
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
on this front, one of my favourite moments in canadian sports broadcasting television was during a raptors broadcast a couple years ago. they went to leaf highlights and jack armstrong -- my fave hoops talker, hands down -- then mumbled something like, "Who cares about hockey?"
hahaha
total classic.

Nice. I love hockey, but Canada needs to diversify its bonds :p

poB8oSahSmM

james
08-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Hes not worth getting all worked up about what he thinks and says about TFC. Hes just another one of those Canadian Boys who are actually more jealous of TFC so he has nothin good to say about them.

Hes jealous TFC got there own stadium and Argos dont. Hes mad that TFC is a big success in its first 2 years, and hes probably jealous that TFC has a better atmosphere and more hard core passionate fans at the matches then any other team in Canada. But he would never want to admit that.

Toronto_Bhoy
08-05-2008, 05:50 PM
You got teenage daughters???

Settle down Barbie…:taz:

Hooligan69
08-05-2008, 05:57 PM

I was tired and cranky and in the mood to sound off on something. :lol:

Why do sportscasters expend so much energy on a sport they couldn't give a toss about? Does it give them their daily ego boost?

Dirk Diggler
08-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Settle down Barbie…:taz:

I love the signature (the quote, not the Celtic supporters bar). More people need to read that.

Jack
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Mike Toth is the equivalent of an internet troll.

Everyone should just hit the ignore button on the ignorant buffoon.

Corcai
08-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm a Fan590 regular listener so I just thought I would give my 2 cents.

Basically callers to the Fan during Gord and Don's, Swirsky's and Bobo's timeslots seem united in that they hate Toth. In fact listening sometime in my car at lunch it almost sounds like Hogan is trying not to beat the shit out of the fuck. They don't seem to hate him in a Bobo McClown sort of way (which is he just says shit to get a rise out of people). They just hate him because he is lame, and can relate any news topic to what he did on the weekend.

He always seems to take anything any guest (like Cito, Gilmour, etc) says and turns it into a story about what he and his kids did the past weekend, like hey they are talking to Gretzky right now but Toth wants to tell us about his picnic with a dog shitting on their blanket.

I was actually surprised to the reaction of the majority of callers when Toth started as I remembered he was on TSN or sportsnet before, people really fucking hate this guy being given the air time he is. I don't mind Hogan but I don't listen near noon anymore. Toth is a jackass.

Bobo
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM

You're a homo.

If you took offense, then point proven. If not, good for you, you didn't bite.:D Didn't want to wait for a response.....

RPB_Brantford_08
08-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Toth couldn't get a real job so he works in the Canadian sports media!!! he's a major assclown

PaulinosTFC
08-05-2008, 11:52 PM
[quote=KdotOdot;121631][quote=Bobo;121595]Actually CFL is a better game than NFL......

I really think all of this CFL slagging is one of the saddest side-effects of the whole CFL vs. TFC, Argos vs. BMO saga.

- Scott

Amen...it's funny how you all refer to the CFL as a shit league cuz it's not the NFL. Isn't that what alot of non-TFC fan thinks about the MLS and TFC?

We're doing the exact same thing that we're all ripping on Toth for and that's kinda pathetic. It's certainly not the Argos players fault that there may be a possible move so trashing them and calling them shit is immature, I've played football and I've seen some unbelievable plays and talent in the CFL that is on par with stuff you'd see in the NFL.

Stop all the Argo hate, I don't want them to move to BMO as much as anyone here but bottom line is no matter what sport you like it's nice to have winning teams in this city, especially considering our franchises haven't had much success.

Daveisonfire
08-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Toth couldn't get a real job so he works in the Canadian sports media!!! he's a major assclown

I wouldn't place Mike Toth with the likes of Ben Knight and Nigel Reed

Redcoe15
08-06-2008, 04:53 AM
sportsnet blogger Ryan Johnston has fought back with a rebuttal on Toth:

Sorry,Toth (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/08/05/johnston_toth_tfc/)

GBV
08-06-2008, 06:10 AM
[quote=Shakes McQueen;121646][quote=KdotOdot;121631]

Amen...it's funny how you all refer to the CFL as a shit league cuz it's not the NFL. Isn't that what alot of non-TFC fan thinks about the MLS and TFC?

We're doing the exact same thing that we're all ripping on Toth for and that's kinda pathetic. It's certainly not the Argos players fault that there may be a possible move so trashing them and calling them shit is immature, I've played football and I've seen some unbelievable plays and talent in the CFL that is on par with stuff you'd see in the NFL.

Stop all the Argo hate, I don't want them to move to BMO as much as anyone here but bottom line is no matter what sport you like it's nice to have winning teams in this city, especially considering our franchises haven't had much success.

hmm i think the difference is that MLS is progressing on the "level of play" front. i can't see the cfl ever narrowing the gap against the nfl as far as level of play goes.
(i'm not talking "excitement," for i find them both equally boring for exclusive reasons and appreciate that "higher level of play" doesn't necessarily mean "higher level of excitement.")

by "both" i mean nfl and cfl. natch.

Phil
08-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Nice to see a reasonable response there :D

canadian_bhoy
08-06-2008, 07:06 AM

Iteresting read, really surprising and refreshing to see someone in the media stand up for the fans.

The one thing that wasn't really emphasised in the article (though was mentioned) is that the supporters aren't anti-argo's, we are anti-changingbmointoamultipurposestadium (that's a word right?)

BMO is the "National Soccer Stadium", built for soccer and is supposed to be a show piece of the sport for the whole country.

When it was built, they told everyone they were building a "soccer specific stadium" - so why are people surprised that fans are upset at this being taken away?

The Kingpin
08-06-2008, 07:30 AM
I can see where the confusion comes from as we often have eg: "F&*% the Argos" emblazoned on peoples signatures and in posts. We are guilty of mixed messaging on a regular basis, and the groups ability to control hyperbole is limited. The problem is that we tend to react as apposed to act. When these issues arise, it would be ideal for a general statement to be released to the membership with respect to positioning, thus we would have the basis for upcoming RPB rhetoric. I'm not really surprised or frustrated by his statements or the blogged response, what we need to do is stay the course and continue flooding the 'market' with the message that we all know is accurate. RPB, et al need to keep the pressure on all outlets with a clear message and be prepared for defensive responses. Responding with profanity only perpetuates the polarisation of support. Just a thought anyway...

denime
08-06-2008, 07:35 AM
This is where damn CSA has to step up and say something,it in CSA interest that BMO stay SSS,as far I know they put money down for National Soccer Stadium.
But of course that would be to much to expect from CSA/OSA.

The Kingpin
08-06-2008, 07:38 AM
This is where damn CSA has to step up and say something,it in CSA interest that BMO stay SSS,as far I know they put money down for National Soccer Stadium.
But of course that would be to much to expect from CSA/OSA.

Is anyone communicating with the CSA regarding the issue? This to me may be the issue, we are expecting them to show their teeth, but they have proved this is not a strong point. A meeting should be set with the CSA to discuss the issue and to assess whether they are working on it in the background, and we need a liaise between the supporters and the CDA, someone who can manage such a relationship.

TorontoBlades
08-06-2008, 07:52 AM

if u wanna watch itm, sportsnet news is reairing til 1am, check it out, it will send u into a rage
http://www.sportsnet.ca/bios/toth_mike/

If you want people to stop saying it - stop doing it...cuz it's true.

Zeke_Jones
08-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Mike Toth is shit, he should go back to saskatchewan and report on the roughriders or dickriders or whatever team he calls his own.

bhoybobby
08-06-2008, 02:08 PM
As posted by an ill informed nutter called Giambac:

Sorry Ryan,

On your last point, Carver should be fired A.S.A.P.

He continues to criticize the rfs, the league, the media and even his own players and boss (Mo Johnson).

TFC is on a 12 game winless streak . That equates to 33% of their total matches (30 league, 4 Canada Cup and 2 friendlies).

Put it into perspective. If the Leafs were to lose 33% of their matches it would equate to 27 game losing streak. If the Blue Jays went on a 33% losing streak it would equate to a 54 game losing streak, Would the coach not be fired???

Last year (expansion year ) TFC finished dead last. This year we are 2nd last in points , only ahead of SJ an expansion team. How much improvement is there?

In 2 months we wnet from being 3rd overall in the league to 2nd last. We are on a 12 game winless streak including gamesa vs Sj and Montreal and Vancouver of the USL.

Carver has made poor player selections and very questionable substitutions decisions. The slide beagan when he benched his international players 12 games ago vs KC. The team hasn't won since.

Blame 1 person - Carver"

giambac

Have to dissagree here Giambac, you can't expect Carver to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Mo has short changed Carver with talent.

The standard of reffing in MLS is piss poor. TFC gets treated like an away team when playing at home.

Carver is a good coach who speaks straight in his assesment of players.

denime
08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
:topic:

This thread is not about Carver.

giambac
08-06-2008, 02:41 PM
:topic:

This thread is not about Carver.

agreed,
stop bringing me back. I didn't quote it in this forum.

My Carver rants have ended. Everyone knows my postion so I will end it there.

I just hope the team turns it around.

JDG
08-06-2008, 02:53 PM
agreed,
stop bringing me back. I didn't quote it in this forum.

My Carver rants have ended. Everyone knows my postion so I will end it there.

I just hope the team turns it around.

Welcome back

Rochdale
08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
The Fan 590 after 11pm (Norm) was getting stuck into the fans last night in regards to throwing beer and bottles on the field.

Jack
08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
People should not throw things on the field.

Kickit09
08-06-2008, 04:26 PM
how is moving to BMO field going to help the argos anyway. its the fans that make the TFC/BMO game day experience what it is and if the argos move into BMO its not like TFC fans and supporter groups are suddenly going to start going to argos games. its still going to be the same boring quiet fans that go to the rogers centre to watch argos. Do they actually think argos games are going to have the same atmosphere as TFC games just because they are in the same building.

james
08-06-2008, 04:37 PM

your right. So many people on this message board bad mouth the CFL and say fuck them i hope the NFL destroys the CFL. But thats not what we are here for, in fact i wish the CFL and Argos best of luck and i hope they one day get there own stadium. But i do not want them to play at BMO field or also known "National Soccer Stadium".

rocktml
08-06-2008, 04:49 PM
what a jackass, doesnt deserve air time

ricciboy
08-06-2008, 05:09 PM
we should make a banner for this guy like Who are ya and a pic of him

ricciboy
08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
[quote=PaulinosTFC;123285][quote=Shakes McQueen;121646]

your right. So many people on this message board bad mouth the CFL and say fuck them i hope the NFL destroys the CFL. But thats not what we are here for, in fact i wish the CFL and Argos best of luck and i hope they one day get there own stadium. But i do not want them to play at BMO field or also known "National Soccer Stadium".

i agree with you

TOBOR !
08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
"well, in case you missed it, I pulled one of the greatest April Fool's jokes in history. I had people believing that our own Bob McClown had taken a job with his good friend George Gillette over at Liverpool Football Club, where he was going to be the Assistant GM, run the marketing department, and also do the play-by-play. And etc. etc. I blah, blah, blah, me, me, me, etc..."

- Mike Toth

Oh, do please shut up.

Cashcleaner
08-07-2008, 07:34 AM

It also sucks to feel like you have to pick one team over another on the forums. Sorry everyone, but I've been following my beloved Double Blue since I was ten. There's always a lot of talk about loyalty and history with people on the boards here, but they don't ever seem to think it carries over to other sports.

jloome
08-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Wow, as bad as media has always been, we're sinking to new lows when people start taking TV reporters seriously.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM

the argois will die a slow death which is good when the NFL sooner or later moves here on a rgeular basis.the CFL sucks and so does the argos, the have their place at the dome and are not welcome at BMO, cfl plaers are shite IMHO, if the CFL players could play the game they would be in the NFL not a backwards canadian league. BMO needs to be SOCCER only,
thats the reason it was built for Soccer Not the Argos!!

james
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
[quote=PaulinosTFC;123285][quote=Shakes McQueen;121646]

the argois will die a slow death which is good when the NFL sooner or later moves here on a rgeular basis.the CFL sucks and so does the argos, the have their place at the dome and are not welcome at BMO, cfl plaers are shite IMHO, if the CFL players could play the game they would be in the NFL not a backwards canadian league. BMO needs to be SOCCER only,
thats the reason it was built for Soccer Not the Argos!!

k i dont know if your joking or what, but you are just an example of what we dont need. We dont want Argos to play at BMO field because of the stadium and grass issues, not because they suck and we want them to die blah blah blah. Stick to the actual reason why we dont want the Argos to play at BMO field.

Bobo
08-07-2008, 04:28 PM
we should make a banner for this guy like Who are ya and a pic of him

I'm all down for voicing displeasure but a banner is really giving more attention than he's worth.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
LOL

they can actually run....they are dropping the ball more then catching it so running should not be a problem!!1

cmonyoureds
08-09-2008, 11:19 AM
i would like the argos to be a successful franchise that can build a business plan that makes enough sense to get the support to build their own stadium.

DON'T PENALIZE US BECAUSE OUR "BUSINESS PLAN" MADE ENOUGH SENSE TO GET MONEY FROM THE CITY.

Maybe if the Argos put more time and effort into minding their own product, than trying to hijack a stadium, they'd have more success. And maybe they should ask those in the know how such a loyal and fanatic fan base was created and is sustaining a franchise.

cmonyoureds
08-09-2008, 11:31 AM
oh and Mike Toth clubs seals, eats baby kittens for breakfast, steals candy from babies, knocks over senior citizens for fun and is a drain on society.

TFC07
08-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Mike who?

NateDoGG
08-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Mike who?

"IT DOESNT MATTA WHATCHUR NAME IS!!!"
-the rock