PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 19-TFC@LAGalaxy Thursday July 4 10:30pm - The Lion gets some REM Tonight?

OgtheDim
07-01-2019, 05:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqsCzxWQDY

Have at It People

Section_105
07-02-2019, 12:16 PM
well judging by the insta/twitter posts the boys are having a grand old time in Cali. hope for a redux of last year. Zlatan wonder goal while we win the game based on his terrible errors.

OgtheDim
07-02-2019, 12:47 PM
FWIW, LAG is 3rd in PPG

https://www.mlssoccer.com/standings/supporters-shield?sort=ppg

We are underdogs almost always when away from home. When away out West, a point is gravy.

Voodooman
07-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Down in LA for the game. Ready to make some noise!

Section_105
07-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Down in LA for the game. Ready to make some noise!

Sweet. should get a good whack of fireworks at this game. nothing like a good Independence Day game. Hopefully no sightings of Will Smith flyovers/sightings (damn that movie is 23 years old.....feck I'm old)

pfk
07-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Apparently, according to a guy on Twitter, this is the 500th competitive match in TFC's history! He compiled a few interesting stats: https://twitter.com/martyn_bailey/status/1146778380446162944

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 01:55 PM
Osorio shown prominently on the TFC ads for this game.

Mikmacdo
07-04-2019, 05:44 PM
I wonder what the lineup will look like. Osorio is back with the team and Auro/Mavinga could be ready to play.

Westburg

Auro-Ciman-Mavinga-Morrow
————-Fraser—————
Laryea-Delgado-Oso-Shaffleburg
————Pozuelo——-

Maybe Endoh in for Richie? Or Auro comes off the bench?

daner90
07-04-2019, 07:20 PM
Lets get it!

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 08:47 PM
I wonder what the lineup will look like. Osorio is back with the team and Auro/Mavinga could be ready to play.

Westburg

Auro-Ciman-Mavinga-Morrow
————-Fraser—————
Laryea-Delgado-Oso-Shaffleburg
————Pozuelo——-

Maybe Endoh in for Richie? Or Auro comes off the bench?

Deleon has to be playing.

portu
07-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Drew Moor is out until how long again?

ChrisFizik
07-04-2019, 08:55 PM
headed down Joe's for a late pint n match

Out to road warriors on the ground, always a nice reminder you're in a distant land on an away day when the environment changes: in this case, the magnitude 6.4 earthquake earlier this afternoon! Safe n home with road points!

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 09:06 PM
Hmmm...Ciman out with a mild MCL strain.

Mavinga back in.

Zavs in.

Osorio playing

Shaffelberg starts.

Auro on the bench

Seen worse, and there will be better.

Oldtimer
07-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Deleon on the bench.

Super
07-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Shaffelberg has been a delight to watch. I hope he keeps it going tonight!

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 09:28 PM
CFL game going to go late....happy flipping & this will affect streams at first

ensco
07-04-2019, 09:30 PM
Late breaking news. Kawhi is playing GK.

But for whom?

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Deleon on the bench.

So surprisedbythat.

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Game starts at 10:41 apparently.

They have 4 TSN channels showing the last few minutes of the CFL right now & can't switch any to MLS - the game is on the TSN app, and is an option on TSN Direct.

stegosaurus
07-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Is an American broadcaster doing this match?

michaeltfc91
07-04-2019, 09:41 PM
this is a joke. flag on every play and the time stops on every play what is going on?

stegosaurus
07-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Is LA Galaxy the most appetizing team in MLS featuring both Kitchen and Polenta?

Maybe they’ll sign Lasagna next.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 09:45 PM
Game starts at 10:41 apparently.

They have 4 TSN channels showing the last few minutes of the CFL right now & can't switch any to MLS - the game is on the TSN app, and is an option on TSN Direct.

They could switch one. fFS

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 09:48 PM
And its Over the bar by Delgado

oh dear....

MightyDM
WTF Marky.

ensco
Jesus. Delgado. Mirror image of Guadalajara miss.

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 09:52 PM
1 bad pass & 1 bad miss by Delgado in the first 4 minutes but apart from that, decent start.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Should have been the second yellow. Foul on Morrow was the first. By the way, the CFL is a great advert for getting rid of VAR

notthesun
07-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Fraser is awesome. We really should just sell Bradley.

stegosaurus
07-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Fraser looking good.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:06 PM
Holy cow lucky

Mikmacdo
07-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Layrea cant defend. Hes not a fb vanney put him at rw.

stegosaurus
07-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Layrea cant defend. Hes not a fb vanney put him at rw.

He did kind of prevent that goal, I guess. Neither Laryea nor Auro are proficient defenders.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:13 PM
Someone tell Laryea to put on the proper boots. That’s the third time!

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:15 PM
It’s a lot of them. Harsh on Laryea byme. But he should still change his boots

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 10:19 PM
The pitch is cutting up.

This looks like a couple of 6th place teams playing each other after only a few days rest.

OgtheDim
07-04-2019, 10:23 PM
Zlatan on an island but we have really no forward play as Pozuelo keeps coming back. Osorio with a decisive run but its way too slow right now, without the excuse of it being hot.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:25 PM
The pitch is cutting up.

This looks like a couple of 6th place teams playing each other after only a few days rest.

Ha. Nicely played.

Mikmacdo
07-04-2019, 10:26 PM
Fraser is great. Honestly i notice no drop off from Bradley. He better not get benched when bradley is back.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Field is quite chewed up. And where are the replays when we attack?????

Brooker
07-04-2019, 10:28 PM
hooooooooooooold on.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:28 PM
Fraser is great. Honestly i notice no drop off from Bradley. He better not get benched when bradley is back.

I l8ke Fraser but Bradley is miles ahead.

notthesun
07-04-2019, 10:29 PM
Dude what is this pitch...

stegosaurus
07-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Dude what is this pitch...

Do they have CFL in LA?

Brooker
07-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Pitch? Is that what it is?

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:54 PM
That was brilliant by Osorio. Brilliant.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Another by Oso! Nice run of play here. Pozuelo pretty pissed at Scaff.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 10:58 PM
Fourth or fifth time they have kicked Schaff’s ankle

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 11:00 PM
Sixth time. That could have been a red.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 11:02 PM
“Most lads would be using the rubber studs. Which I never get. I just use the big metal ones” says Caldwell ����

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Oh dear Zavs. How could you let “Irbahimovic” loose at the back post?

PizzaEatingYeti
07-04-2019, 11:20 PM
Lol, Zavs versus Ibra.
A 8 million dollar value difference in this moment.
What else should have been expected?

Auzzy
Fourth or fifth time they have kicked Schaff’s ankle

Sixth time. That could have been a red.

“Most lads would be using the rubber studs. Which I never get. I just use the big metal ones” says Caldwell ����

I'm so fucking sick of Caldwell downplaying really nasty fouls, especially when TFC is being fouled. E.g. the ankle stamp, and more recently the elbow to Deleon's head.

notthesun
Bah. Great cross. We kinda deserve this with how wasteful we've been. We've played well but wasted so many chances with bad final balls & decisions.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 11:26 PM
Poor Zavaleta got owned there too by the 17 year old.

Mikmacdo
07-04-2019, 11:30 PM
Why put boyd in lol hes useless

Auzzy
07-04-2019, 11:31 PM
Is TFC going for some kind of record, for the number of passes made in the opposing penalty area w/o taking a shot?

Thinking of how poorly the Galaxy have been playing most of the time, really ridiculous that TFC is going to come out of this with 0 or at most one point.

Yohan
07-04-2019, 11:32 PM
I can't wait until Ibra retires so that he stops embarrassing TFC

portu
07-04-2019, 11:32 PM
That goal was just fucking painful to watch. Do these guys give a fuck? Mavinga just watched Zlatan walk into our box. Literally.

Auzzy
07-04-2019, 11:33 PM
Fucking garbage. TFC finding new ways to piss me off.

MightyDM
07-04-2019, 11:34 PM
Ah well. We held our own for a while. Actually think we needed Oso on the field. Same as Canada; when he went off, the tide changed.

Oldtimer
07-04-2019, 11:35 PM
If Delgado scores that early chance, TFC probably wins. However...

notthesun
07-04-2019, 11:35 PM
I can't believe Boyd is still getting minutes, just fucking admit the guy is done professionally and sit him on the bench the rest of the season.

pfk
07-04-2019, 11:36 PM
Ugh, did TFC just give up in the end? Why let Ibrahimovic just walk in on the second goal?

Why did I stay up to watch this second half?

Omar
07-04-2019, 11:37 PM
Mavinga was terrible on both of the Galaxy's goals. In the first one, he put Efrain Alvarez under no pressure when out wide, and in the second one, he didn't even pay attention to Ibrahimovic making a run past him. As good of a defender as he is, he tends to make these silly mistakes.

portu
07-04-2019, 11:39 PM
Hey, hey, hey

Guys

It's okay

We're still in the playoffs

tfcfans
07-04-2019, 11:40 PM
Well, about as good as expected playing in LA without two DPs and some other starters - the season really begins on July 13th - lets see who our starting 11 is that day and if we can put out a “full” lineup for the first time in a long time and then see what we can do...we found a Lareya and a Shaffelburg while everyone was gone so that was a nice bonus I think.....

I think it’s pretty basic frankly, if Jozy plays 80% of the remainder of the season we will make the playoffs easily, if it’s much less than that, I think we have no chance unless another scorer is signed who can play regularly....

The schedule is not that bad with only one “awful” game left at LAFC, other than that, Montreal is probably the “best” team we play the rest of the way (no Philly, DC, Atlanta, and no other West road games).....

PizzaEatingYeti
07-04-2019, 11:41 PM
I can't wait until Ibra retires so that he stops embarrassing TFC

He would embarrass the likes of Zavaleta even if he would be 45 and Zavs 27.

jloome
07-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Mavinga was terrible on both of the Galaxy's goals. In the first one, he put Efrain Alvarez under no pressure when out wide, and in the second one, he didn't even pay attention to Ibrahimovic making a run past him. As good of a defender as he is, he tends to make these silly mistakes.

He can't read a game to save his life. He's a brilliant athlete and a hell of a technical player, but sometimes he just isn't thinking. It's like watching Damian Perquis with physical skills, or a 30-something Doneil. In fact, Doneil was probably more consistent, and he was anything but consistent.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-04-2019, 11:50 PM
I can't believe Boyd is still getting minutes, just fucking admit the guy is done professionally and sit him on the bench the rest of the season.

I really hope this was the last official game where I have spotted Boyd in a TFC shirt.
Seriously.
I wish the guy all the best in the future, maybe he can have a decent end of career in the USL or CSL.

ag futbol
07-04-2019, 11:51 PM
I l8ke Fraser but Bradley is miles ahead.
All around, absolutely. But I really prefer Fraser’s range of passing. I find Bradley incredibly stale on the ball these days. We should also factor in one guy is earning a small portion of the other and is at an age where he can still improve drastically, if he gets the required playing time.

Fell asleep before this one started. Sounds like we were let down by a few players. Shame to hear Shaffelburg is getting kicked off the park. Nobody pays to watch thugs like Caldwell foul opposing players out of a game. MLS should really get off its ass and start enforcing the persistent infringement rule consistently.

Auzzy
07-04-2019, 11:55 PM
Well, about as good as expected playing in LA without two DPs and some other starters - the season really begins on July 13th - lets see who our starting 11 is that day and if we can put out a “full” lineup for the first time in a long time and then see what we can do...we found a Lareya and a Shaffelburg while everyone was gone so that was a nice bonus I think.....

I think it’s pretty basic frankly, if Jozy plays 80% of the remainder of the season we will make the playoffs easily, if it’s much less than that, I think we have no chance unless another scorer is signed who can play regularly....

The schedule is not that bad with only one “awful” game left at LAFC, other than that, Montreal is probably the “best” team we play the rest of the way (no Philly, DC, Atlanta, and no other West road games).....

Beforehand, I wasn't expecting much from this game. I don't mind losing points on the road in a well-played game. However regardless of TFC's lineup and missing players, the Galaxy played poorly for about 80% of the game, and it was there for the taking. TFC had no idea what to do in front of the net when attacking. Most of the time the 0-striker lineup is idiotic when you have two strikers on the bench. And Pozuelo was often way too far back to threaten the goal. BTW Pozuelo used to be capable of taking good long shots before he came to TFC; what happened?

The defending on the goals was comically bad.

Thanks for that effin' birthday present TFC. Sometimes this team REALLY pisses me off.

BTW people going off on Boyd: today he pissed me off less than a bunch of other TFC players. Boyd helped out well in the build up a couple of times. And he NEVER got any service in front of the net so I'm not sure what people could be upset about.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-04-2019, 11:58 PM

That great chance dropped to the worst possible person on the field from TFC at that time, except Westburg.
Wait, maybe I'm wrong, probably it's "to the worst possible person on the field from TFC at that time, including Westburg".

:facepalm:

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2019, 12:08 AM
I don't mind losing points on the road in a well-played game. However regardless of TFC's lineup and missing players, the Galaxy played poorly for about 80% of the game, and it was there for the taking. TFC had no idea what to do in front of the net when attacking. Most of the time the 0-striker lineup is idiotic when you have two strikers on the bench. And Pozuelo was often way too far back to threaten the goal. BTW Pozuelo used to be capable of taking good long shots before he came to TFC; what happened?

The defending on the goals was comically bad.

This sums it up great.
It's infuriating when TFC comes up totally empty handed against a supposedly good team, which played like crap.

"Most of the time the 0-striker lineup is idiotic when you have two strikers on the bench."
=> maybe this has something to do with that in Vanney's mind is crystal clear that outside of Jozy right now in this team there's no a true forward which would be a starter in any MLS team, except maybe the 2-3 worst ones.

OgtheDim
07-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Oh dear Zavs. How could you let “Irbahimovic” loose at the back post?

Ask CB's all over Europe - he's been doing that all of his career. No shame in this one. Great cross. In this league, strikers of quality make a difference. Zlatan did. Looking forward to Jozy doing so on his return against Montreal.

Question moving forward is do we play Fraser instead of Delgado - I prefer DeLeon over Delgado personally.

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2019, 07:27 AM
(The Shaff)
And he just gets up and goes at it again. Refs need to protect quality players.
Hes obviously no Ronaldo but it reminded me of his younger days in PL

DinamoTFC
07-05-2019, 08:03 AM

I honestly cant recall the last time Delgado hit the net from a distance. It still boggles my mind how you can be a professional player and lack a complete skill in a certain area.

MightyDM
07-05-2019, 08:04 AM
morning after - game was there for the taking. Vanney needed to switch it up to either go for it or shut it down earlier; we had sort of an in between line up on. I thought we did pretty well until they scored. They kicked Shafflberg all game. the referees have to protect him. Really poor there, I dont think there was one foul called. Id love to see a photo of his ankles and feet published to show what the referees did not stop. Oso Poz and Deleon Poz both very effective with a winger on the pitch. I am glad Endoh has got his chance but I am afraid he didnt look nearly as effective this game. And if Vanney wants to play with one striker, it wont be JHams - he needs to be in a 2 where he can be really effective. Boyd wasnt bad, I dont think he deserves flack for that game

MightyDM
07-05-2019, 08:05 AM
And he just gets up and goes at it again. Refs need to protect quality players.
Hes obviously no Ronaldo but it reminded me of his younger days in PL

Sorry, who do you mean?

DinamoTFC
07-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Richie Laryea continues to impress me. He's quickly learning and adapting and improving each game (ignore all the falls last night the pitch was not good).
I wouldnt be surprised if he beats out Auro for the RB position. I also wouldnt be suprised if Auro is pushed to be a right sided winger depth certain games.

Oldtimer
07-05-2019, 08:29 AM
I honestly cant recall the last time Delgado hit the net from a distance. It still boggles my mind how you can be a professional player and lack a complete skill in a certain area.

Basically the definition of an MLS lunchbox player that every team has. Limited skill set but has enough ability in other areas to stay on the pitch, given the salary and roster restrictions.

There's a lot of players on our team who would have buried that chance. Unfortunately Delgado isn't the one, and he's unlikely to ever improve in that one area.

paul-collins
07-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Why was it that only Osorio seemed willing to have a go? Everyone else got to the box and looked for the pass instead of taking their own chance.

Game definitely changed when Osorio left.

Poz playing deep is very effective in getting our possession to the doorstep, but he can't be striker and playmaker at the same time. I actually like him in the playmaker role better than striker, but man do we need Jozy and some wide threats to make his work pay off.

The goals looked weak but as someone else pointed out, Irbahimovic has been doing that to quality defenders all his life, so ... to be expected? I guess... definitely had the vibe of "late in the game with your second best defenders on 4 days rest."

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2019, 09:23 AM
game was an excellent reminder on:

Delgado is a pretty good bench player (and thats it)
Hamilton is surely headed to CPL
Boyd isnt what we'd hoped (his build up play was pretty good though)
Deleon need to hold a clinic on how to just go fwd and shoot. That many midfielders and we cant give better serivce or have more shots? We recycle the ball way too much!

Ultra & Proud
07-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Richie Laryea continues to impress me. He's quickly learning and adapting and improving each game (ignore all the falls last night the pitch was not good).
I wouldnt be surprised if he beats out Auro for the RB position. I also wouldnt be suprised if Auro is pushed to be a right sided winger depth certain games.
Neither is great defensively but I give Laryea the nod on offense right now. I think it would depend on what's in front of them. If we get solid winger(s) then I would rather have a steady defensive minded RB than either of these two but if nothing coming then maybe Auro. If we stand pat then Laryea.

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2019, 09:30 AM
Basically the definition of an MLS lunchbox player that every team has. Limited skill set but has enough ability in other areas to stay on the pitch, given the salary and roster restrictions.

There's a lot of players on our team who would have buried that chance. Unfortunately Delgado isn't the one, and he's unlikely to ever improve in that one area.

but cant he just line up 500 balls in practice and shoot for hours on end? I mean i learned to pitch by aiming a tennis ball at specific bricks, this seems like an Unwillingness to learn on his part. Had I missed that sitter in the CL, I would have been working my ass off to improve my shot, even at the peril of another skill

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2019, 09:32 AM
Sorry, who do you mean?
sorry, the shaff

ag futbol
07-05-2019, 09:52 AM
game was an excellent reminder on:

Delgado is a pretty good bench player (and thats it)
Hamilton is surely headed to CPL
Boyd isnt what we'd hoped (his build up play was pretty good though)
Deleon need to hold a clinic on how to just go fwd and shoot. That many midfielders and we cant give better serivce or have more shots? We recycle the ball way too much!
Assuming no transfer craziness in the summer window, I think our midfield needs to be some collection of Bradley, Fraser, Osorio, and Pozuelo. Maybe with Poz playing further up the pitch in a 4-5-1 with wide players similar to the ones we’ve seen in the last few games.

Bradley gets (slightly) repurposed in the Delgado role as a 2-way mid. Both he and Fraser can serve as outlets off the back line (negating the major issue of everything going through Bradley).

To drop Fraser to the bench at this stage would be a travesty.

Lil'John
07-05-2019, 09:56 AM
Another good performance, but very few shots on goal. Encouraging, but we would have won 3-0 with Jonathan David on the field.

Section_105
07-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Assuming no transfer craziness in the summer window, I think our midfield needs to be some collection of Bradley, Fraser, Osorio, and Pozuelo. Maybe with Poz playing further up the pitch in a 4-5-1 with wide players similar to the ones we’ve seen in the last few games.

Bradley gets (slightly) repurposed in the Delgado role as a 2-way mid. Both he and Fraser can serve as outlets off the back line (negating the major issue of everything going through Bradley).

To drop Fraser to the bench at this stage would be a travesty.

totally agree. Delgado sits and comes off the bench if chappers isn't available. of the bench Chapman's pace is useful late in game.

Auzzy
07-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Agreed that the Delgado miss was embarrassing, but just a reminder that players on this team almost never take long or quick shots; and if they do they're often very weak / scuffed efforts. Too many passes in the opposing penalty area going nowhere. I'd say almost every player needs 500 balls to practice taking shots from various positions.

Oldtimer
07-05-2019, 12:05 PM
but cant he just line up 500 balls in practice and shoot for hours on end?

As overrated as he was, that's how Beckham became one of the best free kick takers in the world.

I don't get it. While everyone wants to maximize their strong areas, people should work on their weaknesses.

stegosaurus
07-05-2019, 12:08 PM
Agreed that the Delgado miss was embarrassing, but just a reminder that players on this team almost never take long or quick shots; and if they do they're often very weak / scuffed efforts. Too many passes in the opposing penalty area going nowhere. I'd say almost every player needs 500 balls to practice taking shots from various positions.

This is just like a crossing into the box while no one is even remotely there thing.

Crosses into box: good.
Crosses into box but no one is even remotely there: not good.

Hufflepuff was getting his ankles and feet kicked off just to make a cross with no one around. Pozo drops back pretty deep, then simultaneously has to be front and centre, then is drifting off to the left to set up another play — he’s a talented player and it’s great that he’s expected to do everything, but it’s not anywhere near optimal.

Passing around the box and then going backwards, missed penalties, skied balls ... it’s just TFC DNA at this point. Possession was mostly lopsided in our favour, but there’s no bite at the end.

Just goes to show how important it still is in MLS to have a player like Ibra who can jog 99% of the game but is always dangerous and very clinical on goal.

stegosaurus
07-05-2019, 12:25 PM
As overrated as he was, that's how Beckham became one of the best free kick takers in the world.

I don't get it. While everyone wants to maximize their strong areas, people should work on their weaknesses.

If the pop science 10,000 hours to mastery thing was ever true instead of simply being something made up entirely, anecdotal, or coincidental, then even Boyd would be a world beater.

Delgado isn’t a lazy guy, and there’s a reason he keeps being selected despite having other midfielders with positive qualities. He’s probably kicked a gazillion shots and penalties and is just incapable of doing it in game for whatever reason.

It’s up to the coaching staff to minimize the weaknesses of players (most of them are more than aware and probably do work on them).

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2019, 12:32 PM
This is just like a crossing into the box while no one is even remotely there thing.

Crosses into box: good.
Crosses into box but no one is even remotely there: not good.

Hufflepuff was getting his ankles and feet kicked off just to make a cross with no one around. Pozo drops back pretty deep, then simultaneously has to be front and centre, then is drifting off to the left to set up another play — he’s a talented player and it’s great that he’s expected to do everything, but it’s not anywhere near optimal.

Passing around the box and then going backwards, missed penalties, skied balls ... it’s just TFC DNA at this point. Possession was mostly lopsided in our favour, but there’s no bite at the end.

Just goes to show how important it still is in MLS to have a player like Ibra who can jog 99% of the game but is always dangerous and very clinical on goal.

EXACTLY.
Delgado is missing with noone there.
Im not asking him to be Ronaldo or Messi. Im asking him to at least hit the keeper hard and low

C.Ronaldo
07-05-2019, 12:38 PM
If the pop science 10,000 hours to mastery thing was ever true instead of simply being something made up entirely, anecdotal, or coincidental, then even Boyd would be a world beater.

Delgado isn’t a lazy guy, and there’s a reason he keeps being selected despite having other midfielders with positive qualities. He’s probably kicked a gazillion shots and penalties and is just incapable of doing it in game for whatever reason.

It’s up to the coaching staff to minimize the weaknesses of players (most of them are more than aware and probably do work on them).

Hi mechanics on his shots are wrong, hes skying it. When he does shoot or doesn't shoot at all and passes backwards while in the box. Just toe punt it already.

Agreed something is on the coaching staff, because its more than just Marky who seem to prefer to pass. Deleon is newer to TFC (and no sharpshooter) but he'll just go for it.
This team should at least be capable of scoring rebound/garbage goals

stegosaurus
07-05-2019, 12:51 PM
garbage goals

You have now activated Tosaint Ricketts.

Ultra & Proud
07-05-2019, 12:53 PM
This team should at least be capable of scoring rebound/garbage goals

You need forwards that consistently makes runs into the 6 yard area for those and we have one guy that does it consistently and he isn't playing right now.

samuraizero
07-08-2019, 09:11 AM
You need forwards that consistently makes runs into the 6 yard area for those and we have one guy that does it consistently and he isn't playing right now.

The only other guy that does it is a midfielder, and is often on the starting end of a play into the box