PDA

View Full Version : A THANK-YOU message

Across_The_Pond
08-04-2008, 06:30 PM
I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who I met yesterday at BMO Fields for the hospitality shown towards me. Everyone one of you who I spoke to before, during and after the game. It was good to put names to faces finally!

I had a terrific day, and am looking forward to the next time I watch TFC play again. I was extremely impressed with the organisation of such a new supporters group and the enthusiasm and passion you guys showed. I couldn't have wished for a better day, except of course for the result. But hey, sometimes you have to take the ough with the smooth.

Having finally soaked up the atmosphere at Shoeless Joes, after a year of reading about in online (!!!), it capped off a great day. I don't want to list the names of the people that I met because I'll no doubt leave someone out by mistake, and I wouldn't want to do that! You know who you are, and for the ones that I didn't get o speak to, then I'll make a greater effort to catch a conversation with you next time.

I'm proud to say that RPB has a branch in Wales! And no matter what the outcome of the games TFC play, I'm sure the support and energy generated from you guys will grow and grow.

Thank-you once again

Lee

:canada:

BC101
08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Was great meetin you too mate... Thanks for comin out.

RYANTFC
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
finally, it's nice to hear people that aren't going on about boycotting the matches and sack mo, sack carver...blah blah blah. Great to hear you had a good time

Boris
08-04-2008, 06:33 PM
awesome meeting you...

Baggio2TFC
08-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Hearing that...I must say, puts things in perspective for me. I don't know this guy, but to hear that from someone from europe is huge for me. Enough with the negativity ppl! We have a good...I mean great thing here. Lets not ruin it but boycotting and what not(for now anyways)!

I know we complain, and rant as all true fans do, but lets be honest, we are number one in the league, and soon(i hope) our team will be too. We are the class of MLS, and will be that way for sometime to come!!

TFC...TFC...!!!

Phil
08-04-2008, 06:39 PM
It was great to meet you yesterday Lee!

Thanks for helping out at that match :wink:

TFC FAN72
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Nice meeting you too. The RPB Wales T-Shirt was a nice touch as well.

Forgot to ask if that was given to you or did you have that before coming over?

Sab0tage
08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself. What section were you in anyways?

Across_The_Pond
08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Nice meeting you too. The RPB Wales T-Shirt was a nice touch as well.

Forgot to ask if that was given to you or did you have that before coming over?

I was given the shirt as a Christmas present last year, but had the text on the back of the top put on earlier last week.

Glad you enjoyed yourself. What section were you in anyways?

Right in the 'mixer' with the rest of the RPB!

rocker
08-04-2008, 07:01 PM
so i'm curious to hear what the experience was like compared to games in Wales???

TFC FAN72
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I was given the shirt as a Christmas present last year, but had the text on the back of the top put on earlier last week.

Right in the 'mixer' with the rest of the RPB!

Glad to see you understood my post.:o

I thought the RPB made it for you as a special gift. Either way, very original and hopefully more folks in Wales will follow our boys in the future.

boban
08-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I just wanted to say thank-you to everyone who I met yesterday at BMO Fields for the hospitality shown towards me. Everyone one of you who I spoke to before, during and after the game. It was good to put names to faces finally!

I had a terrific day, and am looking forward to the next time I watch TFC play again. I was extremely impressed with the organisation of such a new supporters group and the enthusiasm and passion you guys showed. I couldn't have wished for a better day, except of course for the result. But hey, sometimes you have to take the ough with the smooth.

Having finally soaked up the atmosphere at Shoeless Joes, after a year of reading about in online (!!!), it capped off a great day. I don't want to list the names of the people that I met because I'll no doubt leave someone out by mistake, and I wouldn't want to do that! You know who you are, and for the ones that I didn't get o speak to, then I'll make a greater effort to catch a conversation with you next time.

I'm proud to say that RPB has a branch in Wales! And no matter what the outcome of the games TFC play, I'm sure the support and energy generated from you guys will grow and grow.

Thank-you once again

Lee

Thats all fine and dandy but what are your thoughts on Carver? Mo?
Cunny and who should we get for a DP?

Toronto_Bhoy
08-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Lee, it was a delight meeting you…glad you had a terrific day despite the result.

I was at a party on Sunday night and remarked to a number of friends about meeting Lee. Their reaction was, surely he can find better football "across the pond"! And I tried to explain, this is what being a member of a supporters group is all about…it's more than making banners and chanting throughout a game…it's about connecting and engaging with folks from all walks of life and sharing a common thread…in this case TFC.

Look forward to seeing you again Lee!

All for One!
Brian

Mrs. Workie
08-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Glad your TFC experience was a good one Lee :)

CretanBull
08-04-2008, 08:49 PM
After a year of talking in the FL1 thread, it was good to meet you and put a face to the name :D

justin
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
very great to have met you, and to witness the obvious skill gap in footie between us and you in the morning kickabout. glad you were on my side. i'll never forget that gazelle like run from half :lol:

glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again some time

JDG
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
That Swansea flag is SICK.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2734451498_7660046cd8.jpg

very great to have met you, and to witness the obvious skill gap in footie between us and you in the morning kickabout. glad you were on my side. i'll never forget that gazelle like run from half :lol:

glad you enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again some time

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2734426364_a9e9509da9.jpg

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Who...are...

ya?

LOL! Sorry didn't get a chance to meet'cha...

AL-MO
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Glad you had a good time. Some nice goals you scored yesterday!

Miss Jones
08-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Nice meeting you.
Hopefully Swansea will make it into the Cup Final next year!

koryo
08-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Great to finally meet you Lee. Hope you'll be down again soon.

cheers.

ACSertL
08-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Lee mate!

Awesome to meet and have a pint with ya. For all of you that didn't have a chance to meet him, he's a class guy and I'm sure he'll be back before long!

So what do you think, Swansea and Forest 1 and 2 in the Championship? :D

Shaughno
08-05-2008, 07:24 AM

Thank-you once again

Lee

Cheers Lee, it was great to finally meet you and have a quick chat. It's a shame your two goals were overshadowed by mine. ;) Glad you enjoyed it and hopefully a few more as well.

mclaren
08-05-2008, 08:26 AM
nice meeting you - and well played on a great couple of goals for our side!

Velvet Elvis
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
I was great to meet you Lee, and to share a game on the pitch as well.
Hope you can make it out to a few more.

Shaughno
08-05-2008, 10:01 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2733580131_77c32b14f6.jpg?v=0

Shaughno
08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
and another...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3261/2734410448_cef025244f.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2734410486_f9c9430b3c.jpg?v=0

rocker
08-05-2008, 10:13 AM
is this the new DP signing?

Shaughno
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Between he and I we had 4 goals on the day all beauties. I think we had more shots than TFC has all season as well. :lol:

The Oz
08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
WHOA when did that game happen?

Shaughno
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
WHOA when did that game happen?

Sunday 11:30am-12:30pm ;)

Across_The_Pond
08-05-2008, 12:08 PM
so i'm curious to hear what the experience was like compared to games in Wales???

I was asked this a few times on Sunday so here's what I noticed:

1. No large away following. Without a doubt, the atmosphere made at the game would be different with a greater away following. But like I said on Sunday night to the other lads at Shoeless Joes, I live 30 minutes from the nearest away club, and if you live in and around Manchester or London there's at least 20 teams close by. 5 hours is the maximum I'd have to drive to watch Swansea in an away game this season! (Fingers crossed that the MLS bring in Montreal)

2. The FA back home wouldn't stand for the bottles and beer being thrown on the pitch. And it's my only concern after going to BMO that this could turn into a big problem if it isn't sorted out.

Other than that, the experience was very much as I expected it to be, except I didn't realise you could drink in the stands! It wa great to be part f the tailgate too, with the BBQ's going, this is a nice touch and I enjoyed it.

I was at a party on Sunday night and remarked to a number of friends about meeting Lee. Their reaction was, surely he can find better football "across the pond"! And I tried to explain, this is what being a member of a supporters group is all about…it's more than making banners and chanting throughout a game…it's about connecting and engaging with folks from all walks of life and sharing a common thread…in this case TFC.

Exactly.

GeorgeB
08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
good to meet you Lee.nice goals btw and im glad our team beat the red team :D

RedLion
08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Good to meet you, mate. Glad it lived up to your impression of the game-day experience!