PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 5 - TFC @ Seattle Sat April 13 4pm - So many stories

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
04-07-2019, 07:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8pQLtHTPaI

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to

Have at It People

Fort York Redcoat
04-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Looking forward to this one down at Joe's!

notthesun
04-07-2019, 04:45 PM
Hope and expect us to put up a good fight but I'll be surprised if this isn't our first loss of the year. Don't think we'll be defensively solid enough vs. Seattle's attack to come away with points.

Mikmacdo
04-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Hopefully Auro is back and Westburg gets a crack at starting.

Hugh Jazz
04-07-2019, 11:38 PM
Not sure if I'd want Westburg's first start to be in a challenging spot like Seattle. After this match there are some easier opponents coming up. Bono does need to show some improvement though.

Seattle plays mid-week in Colorado. Don't know if that will factor much this early in the season.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-08-2019, 04:57 AM
I much doubt we can put up 3 goals on the scoresheet to have a very strong chance at a draw, or maybe (just maybe) even more.
Any less than 3, and I'm afraid this will be our first loss of the season.

...Because seems out of a sci-fi scenario to think we'll not be scored on minimum 2 times in Seattle, as per what our defence and goalkeeping has showed us so far this season.
I rate our defense places 13-24 in the league (but just because most are very bad), and our goalkeeping places 19-24.

PS: I also doubt Vanney will sit Bono in this one, like he should.
Probably we must endure 2-3 more weak ass showings in row of Bono, to see Westburg.

Mikmacdo
04-08-2019, 06:33 AM
I much doubt we can put up 3 goals on the scoresheet to have a very strong chance at a draw, or maybe (just maybe) even more.

...Because seems out of a sci-fi scenario to think we'll not be scored on minimum 2 times in Seattle, as per what our defence and goalkeeping has showed us so far this season.
I rate our defense places 13-24 in the league (but just because most are very bad), and our goalkeeping places 19-24.

PS: I also doubt Vanney will sit Bono in this one, like he should.
Probably we must endure 2-3 more weak ass showings in row of Bono, to see Westburg.

TFC still has a top ten defense, its just that most defenses in MLS are really bad. Your right about Bono though he has to be bottom five at the moment, its time to give Westburg a shot he has a pretty solid resume.

ensco
04-08-2019, 09:04 AM
I can hardly wait to see these boards if you lose this game, as we probably will.

It'll be swords at dawn. With 10 points in 5 games.

Ultra & Proud
04-08-2019, 09:12 AM
I can hardly wait to see these boards if you lose this game, as we probably will.

And even if we win, it will be lucky and we will still have the shittiest defense in world football and Osorio will be trash. You know, the usual.

stegosaurus
04-08-2019, 09:18 AM
And even if we win, it will be lucky and we will still have the shittiest defense in world football and Osorio will be trash. You know, the usual.

Incoming 10 goal Osorio game making him Zidane’s summer galactico signing and 2019-2020 Ballon d’Or recipient.

Gringo Starr
04-08-2019, 09:28 AM
Oso is the new Dero needs his own thread

OgtheDim
04-08-2019, 09:32 AM

We play Seattle, RSL, Vancouver, LAG & LAFC away.

With the exception of the Vancouver game, we will be lucky to get a point at any of those. (I rate RSL rounding into form eventually + altitude as a loss) People need to tamp down expectations for out of conference away matches.

This is a team bonding exercise. A chance to work on chemistry & cohesion in a hostile environment. A loss is my expectation. A big bad defensive blowout is way more likely then an away win.

paul-collins
04-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Oso is the new Dero needs his own thread
Lol yeah some serious spurned lover action

Gringo Starr
04-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Seattle have a mid week in Colorado, might make for tired legs come Saturday, a point is doable

Ultra & Proud
04-08-2019, 10:30 AM
I think a draw is doable too. Overall the defense isn't nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. It's much better than last season and pretty solid for about 80-90% of a match. Unfortunately still have a few let downs per match and they're costing us. With solid goalkeeping we probably only allow 2 goals against at this point, maybe 3. Hopefully that is something corrected sooner than later because it will force the defense into by trying to do too much to cover for Bono.

stegosaurus
04-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Lol yeah some serious spurned lover action

Reality is often less exciting than personal fantasies.

ag futbol
04-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I think a draw is doable too. Overall the defense isn't nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. It's much better than last season and pretty solid for about 80-90% of a match. Unfortunately still have a few let downs per match and they're costing us. With solid goalkeeping we probably only allow 2 goals against at this point, maybe 3. Hopefully that is something corrected sooner than later because it will force the defense into by trying to do too much to cover for Bono.
While true, we haven’t played anyone particularly elite yet in terms of attacking talent. Right now we’re giving up goals on mistakes alone. If you add in guys who are bound to break through on occasion even with solid defending, it might look ugly.

But agreed, less of a tire fire than last year. More lineup consistency and less Zavaleta helps

stegosaurus
04-08-2019, 11:31 AM
While true, we haven’t played anyone particularly elite yet in terms of attacking talent. Right now we’re giving up goals on mistakes alone. If you add in guys who are bound to break through on occasion even with solid defending, it might look ugly.

But agreed, less of a tire fire than last year. More lineup consistency and less Zavaleta helps

Did you see Pozo’s comments about last game? He seemed pretty frustrated by Chicago’s “tactics” which he described as “not football.” Maybe a team that isn’t sitting in their own box all game capitalizing on individual mistakes could allow for a bit more opportunity... no penalties in the regular season after all.

Mike_S
04-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Seattle plays mid-week in Colorado. Don't know if that will factor much this early in the season.

It might...fingers crossed! Not a short trip; playing at altitude may lead the Seattle players more time to recover and thus possible player rotation in Starting XI...

I think fondly back to the last time Toronto was in Seattle...1-0 thanks to a Jozy penalty, and shorthanded to boot...:D

noimpactinmtl
04-08-2019, 12:21 PM

At some point, we have to give Zavaleta another chance to show his form again. His form at the end of last season was truly rock bottom.

To an extent that would apply to Bono as well, except I’m not sure if it’s form or simply an overreliance on reflexes rather than making the correct read.

Jack
04-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Did you see Pozo’s comments about last game? He seemed pretty frustrated by Chicago’s “tactics” which he described as “not football.” Maybe a team that isn’t sitting in their own box all game capitalizing on individual mistakes could allow for a bit more opportunity... no penalties in the regular season after all.

It wasn't helped by the officiating. The referee was letting Chicago get away with a lot of pushing, pulling and other contact. Pozuelo will likely need some time to get used to how bad and inconsistent MLS refs can be.

ag futbol
04-08-2019, 12:34 PM
It wasn't helped by the officiating. The referee was letting Chicago get away with a lot of pushing, pulling and other contact. Pozuelo will likely need some time to get used to how bad and inconsistent MLS refs can be.
I feel like MLS has collectively had their officiating teams swallow their whistles. The amount of obstruction off the ball and after a going on is ridiculous. And the allowances provided prior to making a call are too much. There’s obstruction of basically any player trying to make a good run in the final third.

Not much of a fan. We need to look to somewhere like Germany as a the mould. No easy calls for people who fall over but attacking play is promoted.

Nobody is going to sell the league on the way Chicago “played” on Saturday.

stegosaurus
04-08-2019, 12:52 PM
I feel like MLS has collectively had their officiating teams swallow their whistles. The amount of obstruction off the ball and after a going on is ridiculous. And the allowances provided prior to making a call are too much. There’s obstruction of basically any player trying to make a good run in the final third.

Not much of a fan. We need to look to somewhere like Germany as a the mould. No easy calls for people who fall over but attacking play is promoted.

Nobody is going to sell the league on the way Chicago “played” on Saturday.

I wonder if it’s a symptom of the “let VAR settle everything so you don’t make the wrong call” or something.

paul-collins
04-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Thing is, the tug on the shoulder at the start of the run is killing the sort of offence this team could generate, before the runner has even begun. It was very effective for Chicago and I'm sure PRO is not going to notice it any better in the games ahead.

Our outlet runners will have to find ways to be slippery so that those hands don't find purchase. (starting with wearing a size smaller of jersey, I guess)

Or Jozy could just bulldoze through the defenders like he did on that last charge through the box. That wasn't called, either.

Jack
04-08-2019, 02:21 PM
It seems like Jozy has to put up with about twice as much shit to get a call, just because of how strong he is.

shwade
04-08-2019, 03:08 PM
It seems like Jozy has to put up with about twice as much shit to get a call, just because of how strong he is.

This. It's so frustrating to watch ..even when he's just standing there he'll get a call against him cuz the defender sold it.

Hamilton_Red
04-08-2019, 03:44 PM
We play Seattle, RSL, Vancouver, LAG & LAFC away.

With the exception of the Vancouver game, we will be lucky to get a point at any of those. (I rate RSL rounding into form eventually + altitude as a loss) People need to tamp down expectations for out of conference away matches.

This is a team bonding exercise. A chance to work on chemistry & cohesion in a hostile environment. A loss is my expectation. A big bad defensive blowout is way more likely then an away win.

Eff that..we’ve beaten Seattle away a couple of times...including the Bloody Big Deal season. They are our nemesis and stole one of our MLS Cups. We have to get up for this game and send a proper fucking message...that we are back and a force to be reckoned with.

Hamilton_Red
04-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Seattle have a mid week in Colorado, might make for tired legs come Saturday, a point is doable

:facepalm: :nono: :megaphone: ...We should expect and demand a win. No resting players...play the best 11 we have. This Seattle team is not as good as the record shows. The West conference is not as good as the records show. Will Bruin for eff sake.

ag futbol
04-08-2019, 07:21 PM
I understand wanting to have the right mentality. Nobody is suggesting the team throw the game, that we don’t want to win, the players don’t try to win, or that winning is impossible. Only that if we are to look at where we are to date, it would appear we have some work to do before we should expect to consistently to win road games against top 4-5 sides in MLS. Our roster needs some improvement and the team still needs more cohesion.

If we just look at everything as winning the next game with a blind eye to everything else it’s like staring a tree but losing sight of an entire forest. I want the club thinking long term. And how it gets back to being as dominant as it was in 2017.

stegosaurus
04-08-2019, 08:39 PM
I understand wanting to have the right mentality. Nobody is suggesting the team throw the game, that we don’t want to win, the players don’t try to win, or that winning is impossible. Only that if we are to look at where we are to date, it would appear we have some work to do before we should expect to consistently to win road games against top 4-5 sides in MLS. Our roster needs some improvement and the team still needs more cohesion.

If we just look at everything as winning the next game with a blind eye to everything else it’s like staring a tree but losing sight of an entire forest. I want the club thinking long term. And how it gets back to being as dominant as it was in 2017.

Exactly. The team doesn’t step onto the pitch thinking they’ll throw games like they did last year during the CCL.

Everyone here wants the team to succeed but how many of you were optimistic during the worst team in the world years? I sure as hell didn’t show up expecting performances like we’ve got in the past few years. I figured if we didn’t get obliterated it was good enough.

But now we have a SS and a cup. We spend more than other teams do. We have a relatively talented squad.

TFC will try to win games, but there’s definitely issues that need to be addressed. We don’t win the cup making the mistakes we’ve been making against MLS 3.0 teams like LAFC.

Spot on post, as usual, ag_futbol.

James17930
04-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Yes, 'expecting' a win here is a bit silly.

A point would be a great result, just like getting a point on the road is a good result in most leagues in the world.

stegosaurus
04-08-2019, 08:45 PM

A point would be a great result, just like getting a point on the road is a good result in most leagues in the world.

Considering MLS has one of the most skewed home advantages, yep.

Initial B
04-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Over the last couple of years, TFC has done well at CenturyLink. I'm hoping for a win, but would be satisfied with a tie. Would be disappointed in a loss.

Hamilton_Red
04-09-2019, 10:26 AM

Your talking about average teams - consistent winning teams like Bayern, Barca, Celtic, PSG, Liverpool/Man City ...they expect to win every game and their fans demand it. That’s the mentality that we should foster for TFC. Those bastards beat us in our own stadium to win the Cup. we should beat them every chance we have to make up for it.

It’s what worries me about the Toronto sport mentality - they allowed the Leafs to lose for 50+ years. We need to be vigilant amd demanding. 😎

OgtheDim
04-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Your talking about average teams - consistent winning teams like Bayern, Barca, Celtic, PSG, Liverpool/Man City ...they expect to win every game and their fans demand it.

Non parity leagues without conferences and teams who's longest travel is less then our shortest.

Ask their supporters about away results in the Euro competitions.

DinamoTFC
04-09-2019, 10:36 AM
Last week I predicted a 3-0 win. I truly felt we would have gotten that if it wasn't for Bono's mistake.
Seattle is a good team but they've played only weak opponents so far so we will also be a good test for them. They also are playing in Colorado on Wednesday. I think we will regroup and come out strong this game. I think Vanney will be tough on the guys to not make individual mistakes. I'm hoping for a 2-1 win.

stegosaurus
04-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Non parity leagues without conferences and teams who's longest travel is less then our shortest.

To illustrate:

In 2016 only 17% of away matches in MLS ended with the visiting team taking away all 3 points. I’m not sure if someone has calculated the values for 2017/2018, but MLS teams do still suffer with immense distances without private jets, terrible weather and weather disparity, and even playing at altitude.

I’m sure most European sides don’t want to fly over to Baku or play on cow pastures in Kazakhstan. Just look at Red Star in the CL group stages this year.

I’d like a win too, but anything can happen.

Section_105
04-09-2019, 11:32 AM
hope they go out early to try and get over the flight. Glad it's early so we don't have to play at the abnormal times of 10 to midnight....

James17930
04-09-2019, 04:12 PM
To illustrate:

In 2016 only 17% of away matches in MLS ended with the visiting team taking away all 3 points. I’m not sure if someone has calculated the values for 2017/2018, but MLS teams do still suffer with immense distances without private jets, terrible weather and weather disparity, and even playing at altitude.

I’m sure most European sides don’t want to fly over to Baku or play on cow pastures in Kazakhstan. Just look at Red Star in the CL group stages this year.

I’d like a win too, but anything can happen.

Exactly.

Obviously I want to win, but if we draw I'd be more than satisfied, and I don't think that's a 'bad mentality,' it's just being realistic.

Red CB Toronto
04-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Exactly.

Obviously I want to win, but if we draw I'd be more than satisfied, and I don't think that's a 'bad mentality,' it's just being realistic.

Never accept failure in life and that is what exactly a draw is. Only be satisfied with victory and nothing else. 3 puts or die.

ag futbol
04-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Never accept failure in life and that is what exactly a draw is. Only be satisfied with victory and nothing else. 3 puts or die.
You know, interesting thing about this win every game mentality.... a lot of losing clubs have it too.

I still remember all those deadline deals the leafs made in the 90’s and the championships that followed. That myopic desire to always win without any big picture thinking really left a lasting legacy.

ensco
04-09-2019, 05:16 PM
There is a big difference in life between effort and outcomes.

I expect 100% effort and a strong game plan on Saturday, same as every game.

The outcome will be what it will be.

MightyDM
04-09-2019, 06:05 PM

If TFC drew Man City, full line ups, would that be a failure for TFC? For most, it would be a huge achievement. But the draw against Chicago, that was a failure.

jazzy
04-09-2019, 06:27 PM

Have to agree , we’re not the blue jays rebuilding till the end of time but gladly taking your $ . If we tie or lose only happy if it’s a all out fight to the finish . ..that’s why we pay athletes .

ensco
04-09-2019, 07:03 PM
If TFC drew Man City, full line ups, would that be a failure for TFC? For most, it would be a huge achievement. But the draw against Chicago, that was a failure.

Sorry, no. I look around the league and I see all kinds of crazy games and crazy results. We want these narratives like “Chicago sucks” to be true, but they aren’t.

We were the better team Saturday, but not by a lot. TFC dominated the first half but really they played us even in the second half. They had a decent bend but don’t break gameplan, put 10 behind the ball, chopped Pozo and Altidore like everyone knew they would and everyone else will. Scored an absolute beauty of a first goal against the run of play (which everyone except me somehow is convinced was only the result of a goalkeeping error- sorry, that was only a part of it, and not the most important part)

It wasn’t failure, and frankly the wins against NE and Philly weren’t success either, not in the 2017 meaning of the word.

We have a lot of work to do, and with 10 points, a bit of breathing space to do it.

ps the Bono story from Saturday has become toxic. It's counterproductive. Alex has needed to sit since last summer for a lot of reasons, but everyone piling on the guy because Chicago made an incredible play that probably would have exposed 90% of MLS keepers isn’t helpful to his confidence if he does sit. He actually had an OK game Saturday.

ag futbol
04-09-2019, 08:17 PM
^ okay I agree it’s not a “last game” thing but a longer run of performance with Bono. That said, I think his positioning was clearly in error.

motorheadfc
04-09-2019, 08:33 PM
Sorry, no. I look around the league and I see all kinds of crazy games and crazy results. We want these narratives like “Chicago sucks” to be true, but they aren’t.

We were the better team Saturday, but not by a lot. TFC dominated the first half but really they played us even in the second half. They had a decent bend but don’t break gameplan, put 10 behind the ball, chopped Pozo and Altidore like everyone knew they would and everyone else will. Scored an absolute beauty of a first goal against the run of play (which everyone except me somehow is convinced was only the result of a goalkeeping error- sorry, that was only a part of it, and not the most important part)

It wasn’t failure, and frankly the wins against NE and Philly weren’t success either, not in the 2017 meaning of the word.

We have a lot of work to do, and with 10 points, a bit of breathing space to do it.

ps the Bono story from Saturday has become toxic. It's counterproductive. Alex has needed to sit since last summer for a lot of reasons, but everyone piling on the guy because Chicago made an incredible play that probably would have exposed 90% of MLS keepers isn’t helpful to his confidence if he does sit. He actually had an OK game Saturday.

bono had far better service from the defence this week over last. against nyc he was forced to just clear it more times than he should have. im not sure if a different keeper can do better with what was given to him during nyc. the team was able to play off bono's distribution far better this week, obviously they cooked something up in the lab to address that. getting that to result in wins should be this weeks homework. everyone wants a win. if thats with bono...great. if thats with someone else....also great.

ensco
04-09-2019, 09:33 PM
^ okay I agree it’s not a “last game” thing but a longer run of performance with Bono. That said, I think his positioning was clearly in error.

He panicked, but it was because Chicago sprang a fantastic attack out of nothing/nowhere. It was a small m mistake, not a howler.

portu
04-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Bono's mistake wasn't disgustingly bad, but it did cost us a goal and if you cost us a goal I'll call that a big m mistake.

Bono has needed to sit for a long time. The Mistake he made last match is just another illustration of why.

TomLawrence
04-10-2019, 02:37 AM

Don't even need to ask supporters, the greatest manager of all time in Sir Alex consistently said in Europe that a draw away is a good result. Win the home games and just grab a draw away. It is the exact same in the MLS.

James17930
04-10-2019, 04:25 AM
I just want to exactly clarify my point so there's no confusion.

I'm not at all saying we should play for the draw, as in, go there and play 10 behind the ball, bunker etc. We should of course go and try to play our game and try to control the rhythm and set the pace. We go there of course trying to win. But, if in doing that, we only get a draw, I would not be disappointed in the slightest (barring some weird event like we completely and utterly dominate and really should win but don't, but I don't see that happening), and then if we do win it's just chocolate frosting on everything.

And remember, this is Seattle we're talking about there, which is a good team and a very long flight. If this was away to Columbus I would feel we should consider a win more strongly possible. But for Seattle, I don't see why anyone should be disappointed with 'only' a draw.

Defoe
04-10-2019, 04:35 AM
The first game I ever watched, Defoe scored 2 goals vs Seattle. Hence my username, which is a bit out of date, lol.

James17930
04-10-2019, 08:35 AM
The first game I ever watched, Defoe scored 2 goals vs Seattle. Hence my username, which is a bit out of date, lol.

Yes, we have, somewhat strangely, had a lot of success in that stadium, but that's not technically relevant to this weekend's match.

zamperina
04-10-2019, 10:35 AM
Seattle's game tonight against Colorado has been cancelled due to poor weather...Not good news for TFC

With extreme weather forecast in the Denver area on Wednesday, the Week 7 match between the Colorado Rapids and the Seattle Sounders has been postponed.
The match, which was set to be played at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, will now be held on Saturday, September 7 at 9 pm ET.

Ultra & Proud
04-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Seattle's game tonight against Colorado has been cancelled due to poor weather...Not good news for TFC

With extreme weather forecast in the Denver area on Wednesday, the Week 7 match between the Colorado Rapids and the Seattle Sounders has been postponed.
The match, which was set to be played at Dick's Sporting Goods Park, will now be held on Saturday, September 7 at 9 pm ET.
But since it's only announced now I assume they still flew there.

OgtheDim
04-10-2019, 11:25 AM
On the Seattle announcement

Due to these circumstances, Sounders FC’s players and technical staff are returning to Seattle

ensco
04-10-2019, 11:59 AM
Too bad. They are expecting a blizzard. Would have been amusing to watch.

ag futbol
04-10-2019, 01:30 PM
In other news: Moor is likely out for the weekend and Auro is still a maybe.

Looks like it’s going to time for Ciman to prove why he’s here.

OgtheDim
04-10-2019, 02:39 PM
If we got 3 at the back, there will be a Zavs sighting for sure.

We can, of course, fully expect TFC supporters to treat his appearance with the forebearance & patience provided the last week or two to pretty much everybody on this team not named Altidore or Bradley. :rolleyes:

Mikmacdo
04-10-2019, 03:47 PM
If we got 3 at the back, there will be a Zavs sighting for sure.

We can, of course, fully expect TFC supporters to treat his appearance with the forebearance & patience provided the last week or two to pretty much everybody on this team not named Altidore or Bradley. :rolleyes:

I can't see three at the back without moor, TFC won't even have a backup CB if someone got hurt.

Auro is questionable too the backline might be scary.

Laryea and ciman would probably give me a heart attack starting on the right side.

Joe Kool
04-10-2019, 04:20 PM
I can't see three at the back without moor, TFC won't even have a backup CB if someone got hurt.

Auro is questionable too the backline might be scary.

Laryea and ciman would probably give me a heart attack starting on the right side.

All we have to do is keep scoring each time they do then we are fine....problem solved....haha.

Auzzy
04-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Crap Moor already injured again. Hopefully they're shutting him down early / as a precaution and it won't last. I thought he played great against NYC, both defending and passing; looked a few years younger to me actually. But against Chicago, Bono gets the stick, but questionable passes from Moor contributed to both goals against.

I really think we need another (younger) Moor or Mavinga-level defender to get us through the season. For a Mavinga backup, it doesn't have to be at his elite athletic ability, maybe a bit calmer than Mavinga (or Ciman), and a bit faster than Moor (or Ciman). I don't suppose any of TFC's young defenders are at that level...?

RE expectations against Seattle, what matters for me more than results is a) 90-minute effort, and b) not repeating mistakes over and over again. That's my biggest worry for this team (both individual players, and the whole strategy incl. formation, captain & coaching): that when things go sideways, and mistakes are made, that they really seem to struggle to turn things around or learn from their mistakes.

RedsYNWA
04-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Seattle v Colorado game Postponed ....Sucks for Us

Fort York Redcoat
04-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Seattle Salt Lake were one-sided for most of that match. We are in for a test.

Cas87
04-11-2019, 08:50 AM
with the news of Auro and Moor out for the game I see a switch to a 3 (or 5) at the back:

Laryea -- Zavs -- Ciman -- Mavinga -- Morrow

or pull out Mavinga to the bench (load management):

Laryea -- Zavs -- Ciman -- Morrow

I also see a littel bit of rotation up front too:

Bradley (bc he plays every game anyway)
Chapman -- Poz -- Delgado (Give Oso a break as he is coming off his sports hernia, and run out Champan and Delgado)
Boyd -- Hamilton
Load management again for Jozy, plus gives the run-out to Boyd and Hamilton as we need to know if they can hold down the fort if Jozy if pulled to the USMNT for the Gold Cup, which may still happen at the rate he is going.

Oldtimer
04-11-2019, 08:57 AM
I don't think they are going to want both Moor and Mavinga out. I think Mavinga plays, maybe misses the match after that.

DinamoTFC
04-11-2019, 09:51 AM
I don't think they are going to want both Moor and Mavinga out. I think Mavinga plays, maybe misses the match after that.
I think so to. Ciman will start with Mavinga in the back. If everything goes to plan and we aren't losing I could see Vanney putting Zavaleta on and switching to 3-5-2. He hinted at giving them minutes this week or next.

Grandia
04-12-2019, 03:01 PM
finally validated

should be a fun match

ensco
04-13-2019, 07:44 AM
Be interesting to see how Pozo handles the flight/jetlag . He looked whipped getting off that flight from Madrid. He is not used to these distances.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Seattle is viewed as a big fav by the bookmakers:

Pinnacle (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/link/)
-122 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/betslip/p/&leagueid=2663&periodnumber=0)
+280 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/betslip/p/&leagueid=2663&periodnumber=0)
+351 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/betslip/p/&leagueid=2663&periodnumber=0)
96.7%

SBOBET (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/link/)
-130 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/betslip/p/www.sbobet.com/euro/football/usa-major-league-soccer/2655184/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc)
+260 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/betslip/p/www.sbobet.com/euro/football/usa-major-league-soccer/2655184/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc)
+320 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/betslip/p/www.sbobet.com/euro/football/usa-major-league-soccer/2655184/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc)
92.5%

(1st column is for Sea victory, 2nd column for the draw, and the 3rd column for Tor victory)

For those not into betting, here is a short explanation:

If using Pinnacle sportsbook:
- to have a net gain of $100, you have to risk $122, if you bet on Sea to win
- to have a net gain of $351, you have to risk $100, if you bet on Tor to win.

stevep
04-13-2019, 11:33 AM
If Bono made the mistake the Chicago goalkeeper made last night
I shudder to think of the comments here. Myself included.
This same keeper was great against us last week.
I guess we've got to temper things a little bit. Mistakes get made.
Also, none of us are privy to how well Bono plays during practice

Richard
04-13-2019, 11:45 AM
I think we have a surprise win in us. :hump:

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2019, 12:14 PM
So are peps heading to Jose’s for this one ?

TFC1986
04-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Seattle is viewed as a big fav by the bookmakers:

Pinnacle (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/link/)
-122 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/betslip/p/&leagueid=2663&periodnumber=0)
+280 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/betslip/p/&leagueid=2663&periodnumber=0)
+351 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/pinnacle/betslip/p/&leagueid=2663&periodnumber=0)
96.7%

SBOBET (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/link/)
-130 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/betslip/p/www.sbobet.com/euro/football/usa-major-league-soccer/2655184/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc)
+260 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/betslip/p/www.sbobet.com/euro/football/usa-major-league-soccer/2655184/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc)
+320 (https://www.oddsportal.com/bookmaker/sbobet/betslip/p/www.sbobet.com/euro/football/usa-major-league-soccer/2655184/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc)
92.5%

(1st column is for Sea victory, 2nd column for the draw, and the 3rd column for Tor victory)

For those not into betting, here is a short explanation:

If using Pinnacle sportsbook:
- to have a net gain of $100, you have to risk $122, if you bet on Sea to win
- to have a net gain of $351, you have to risk $100, if you bet on Tor to win.
Terrible odds. Use bet365.
100$ will pay 500$...net gain of 400$

PizzaEatingYeti
04-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Terrible odds. Use bet365.
100$ will pay 500$...net gain of 400$

This maybe valid for these odds, however bet365 is a crap book (they will ban or will severely limit long time/constant winners), while Pinnacle is the world's best book by far (the choice of most of the pros, because they never limit you), and SboBet is also an extremely solid bookie.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Here's some streams for today:

https://www.olweb.tv/tsn2
http://giostreams.eu/1.html?ch49
http://firstrowas.eu/watch/723213/1/watch-seattle-sounders-fc-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://myfeed2all.eu/watch/723213/1/watch-seattle-sounders-fc-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://livetv.sx/enx/eventinfo/789047_seattle_toronto/
http://sportcast.fun/enx/eventinfo/789047_seattle_toronto/

Mikmacdo
04-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Ciman at RB and Zavaleta starting, I feel sorry for westburg in his first start.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2019, 02:11 PM
Interesting to see Westberg in net today.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 02:25 PM
3 at the back was always the most likely approach. Westberg is not going to be the saviour of this team but it was time.

Interested in seeing how Poz does after travel & on turf.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2019, 02:31 PM
3 at the back was always the most likely approach. Westberg is not going to be the saviour of this team but it was time.

Interested in seeing how Poz does after travel & on turf.

Westberg could actually be huge for the Reds after the gaffes Alex had last week.

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 02:35 PM
Glad Zavaleta is getting some minutes. Caldwell had an interesting analysis of the weakness in our D on his and KJ’s last podcast - essentially if Bradley plays really deep, it pushes the centre halves apart and with the fullbacks pushed up, we are really vulnerable on the counter. Kind of blames both Bradley and Vanney.

andyboy
04-13-2019, 02:38 PM
If Bono made the mistake the Chicago goalkeeper made last night
I shudder to think of the comments here. Myself included.
This same keeper was great against us last week.
I guess we've got to temper things a little bit. Mistakes get made.
Also, none of us are privy to how well Bono plays during practice

Free verse!

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 02:56 PM
3-5-2 but probably more like a 3-2-4-1

Jozy vs. Marshal is going to be interesting

noimpactinmtl
04-13-2019, 02:58 PM
Glad Zavaleta is getting some minutes. Caldwell had an interesting analysis of the weakness in our D on his and KJ’s last podcast - essentially if Bradley plays really deep, it pushes the centre halves apart and with the fullbacks pushed up, we are really vulnerable on the counter. Kind of blames both Bradley and Vanney.

Thats the inherit risk playing such a style with Bradley acting as the Busquets dropping between the center halves. Barcelona is also vulnerable to counter attacks as demonstrated by teams sitting back and countering.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 03:02 PM
Here's some streams for today:

https://www.olweb.tv/tsn2
http://giostreams.eu/1.html?ch49
http://firstrowas.eu/watch/723213/1/watch-seattle-sounders-fc-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://myfeed2all.eu/watch/723213/1/watch-seattle-sounders-fc-vs-toronto-fc.html
http://livetv.sx/enx/eventinfo/789047_seattle_toronto/
http://sportcast.fun/enx/eventinfo/789047_seattle_toronto/

Thanks!

I have no time to go somewhere to watch the game, and it's blocked on DAZN for 48 hours. So I thought of giving TSN Direct a try today. Luckily I checked the schedule before; apparently the TFC game isn't being shown on TSN Direct? Does that sound right? Man what BS, why wouldn't they show most major events, I guess they don't want my money.

Somewhere it said the game would also be shown on CTV in addition to TSN 2, but I think that's an error. Oh well, I tried.

Super
04-13-2019, 03:02 PM
Please post a link to the stream if you have one. Thanks!

CBTFC
04-13-2019, 03:06 PM
Just spent the past few hours exploring around nature, beautiful spring day out. Now bunkering in for an evening of sports.

Westberg getting the call between the pipes, let's see how he seized this new opportunity.

C'mon you Reds!

RedsYNWA
04-13-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm calling this early Westberg kills it and Bono sits until the Canadian Cup games

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Please post a link to the stream if you have one. Thanks!

There's a couple posted above. The first one works, but isn't great quality. Trying the others, got partway through, no luck yet.

RedsYNWA
04-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Poz with a great Ball :scarf:

Thomas
04-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Listening to Sky sports commentators. Night and day compared with Caldwell and co....

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Ooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

flatpicker
04-13-2019, 03:22 PM
well, at least I'm listening to it on youtube.

ensco
04-13-2019, 03:22 PM
The Wizard of Poz

flatpicker
04-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Listening to Sky sports commentators. Night and day compared with Caldwell and co....

An understatement

portu
That cross was out of nothing amazing vision to see that

Jozy's header had to be perfect as well

Thomas
Yeah, and great Jozy finish.

CBTFC
Poz Dispenser

ensco
04-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Liking the 3-5-2

A lot

notthesun
04-13-2019, 03:28 PM
The Wizard of Poz

This is good. I'll be shocked if this isn't an MLSsoccer.com headline soon.

notthesun
04-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Wow that is ridiculously unlucky

edit: Oh shut the hell up Caldwell. Ciman is in position to head away a regular cross into the box. That looping ball is undefendable.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 03:35 PM
And there's our defence

ensco
04-13-2019, 03:35 PM
And there's our defence

unlucky is all it was

flambe
04-13-2019, 03:36 PM
WTF was that Ciman?

flambe
04-13-2019, 03:37 PM
unlucky is all it was

Unlucky? The deflection caused Ciman to lose his man? C'mon.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Great goal by Poz & Altidore.

But why do both Mavinga & Ciman stop running there? And why doesn't Westberg at least try to dive or stick a foot out? That was not a hard header. Also TFC started off intense and pressing, but they let off, giving Seattle way too much space for passes and crosses into the box.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Come on TFC, wake the fuck up, you were playing so well!

ensco
04-13-2019, 03:41 PM
Unlucky? The deflection caused Ciman to lose his man? C'mon.

Deflections lead to guys being free in space, and goals. That’s life

ensco
04-13-2019, 03:43 PM
There is a lot of criminalizing mistakes and bounces on the boards these days.

ag futbol
04-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Delgado looking a tad sluggish today (to say the least)

ensco
04-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Ciman has had a good game. Even with the deflection/goal.

flambe
04-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Deflections lead to guys being free in space, and goals. That’s life

That deflection would've taken Bruin by surprise too, sorry, that goal's on Ciman.

ensco
Delgado looking a tad sluggish today (to say the least)

I agree with this. I dont think he is a start in a 3-5-2.

Auzzy
There is a lot of criminalizing mistakes and bounces on the boards these days.

A good pass also could have reached Bruin. No need for either Ciman or Mavinga to leave him that much space.

portu
04-13-2019, 03:49 PM
I've always liked DeLeon so I've always paid attention to him, but damn he looks amazing this year

ensco
That deflection would've taken Bruin by surprise too, sorry, that goal's on Ciman.

That ball could have gone anywhere.

You are bummed, I get it. But you are wrong.

notthesun
There are chances here for us if we can break Seattle's initial press after we recover the ball.

ag futbol
Outrageous that Kim isn’t getting a yellow for that. This league is on crack

portu
04-13-2019, 03:50 PM
Ciman has had a good game. Even with the deflection/goal.

I dont know how to convince you if you disagree with this statement

flambe
A good pass also could have reached Bruin. No need for either Ciman or Mavinga to leave him that much space.

Exactly. Anyways, it is what it is.

ensco

The angles reshuffled with the deflection. They were in good shape, then suddenly they weren’t. This is a common occurrence, cmon guys.

RedsYNWA
These Dumb Fack Americans Booing Jozy...Really:facepalm:

he is your best Striker

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 03:51 PM
"Bit of a poor decision for Zaveletta"

About sums up the first half defensively

I agree with Caldwell though - these are two of the better teams in MLS.

TorontoGooner
04-13-2019, 03:52 PM

I can't stand Caldwell. He drones on and on. It takes him three minutes to finish one sentence

Thomas
04-13-2019, 03:53 PM
I am frightened every time Zavs comes near the ball.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 03:56 PM

Where are you watching with Sky commentators? That would be nice.

ag futbol
04-13-2019, 03:58 PM
The whole right side is a dumpster fire. You have Delgado who is giving away the ball left and right or just passing it backwards every time. DeLeon who’s less comfortable in that wide role, and Zavaleta who looks like an eyesore on that back line.

Yet, still 1-1 and everything to play for in the second half.

ensco
04-13-2019, 04:01 PM
The whole right side is a dumpster fire. You have Delgado who is giving away the ball left and right or just passing it backwards every time. DeLeon who’s less comfortable in that wide role, and Zavaleta who looks like an eyesore on that back line.

Yet, still 1-1 and everything to play for in the second half.

I hope Delgado is getting subbed here. I feel he is a weak link wide in this formation. Chapman is better on the ball.

Thomas
04-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Watching a stream on Kodi. Supremacy add on.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 04:02 PM
Westburg is kinda no drama back there, so far. Nice change.

They are targetting Zavs which is drawing DeLeon back but their attacks are starting because we don't make the simple pass out of the press. I wouldn't mind a Laryea for Zavs switch around the 65th minute & going with a 4-5-1.

flambe
04-13-2019, 04:04 PM
The angles reshuffled with the deflection. They were in good shape, then suddenly they weren’t. This is a common occurrence, cmon guys.

True. I just feel that Ciman could and should have adjusted better than he did.

flatpicker
04-13-2019, 04:09 PM

I'm watching here:

http://live.harleyquinnwidget.net/streamvideo12/seattle-sounders-vs-toronto-fc-live-stream-4899548.html

Not the best picture quality though

69Chevy396
04-13-2019, 04:11 PM
I can't stand Caldwell. He drones on and on. It takes him three minutes to finish one sentence
All he does, is reiterate the babble his partner feeds us....just when you think it is done, Caldwell gives us his perspective, and it is always the same...it wouldn’t surprise me if they wore the same clothes and ate the same food...no suspense, no excitement...just driveling nonsense. Just call the fucking play by play, or give us silence.

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:11 PM
5 am.

Second half. Let's get this done.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 04:12 PM
And the Zavs experiment ends.

Gringo Starr
04-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Was probably a bit unfair for Zavs to get Seatle for his first minutes of the season.

Also it's nice to see a game without white jerseys being used

RedsYNWA
04-13-2019, 04:15 PM
I never heard "this is our house" chant at a raptors game is this something new?

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Man, Ciman has this tendency to give up the ball & cause us to be backpedalling for 2 minutes straight.

Richard
04-13-2019, 04:18 PM
All he does, is reiterate the babble his partner feeds us....just when you think it is done, Caldwell gives us his perspective, and it is always the same...it wouldn’t surprise me if they wore the same clothes and ate the same food...no suspense, no excitement...just driveling nonsense. Just call the fucking play by play, or give us silence.

+1

Both commentators are insufferable.

notthesun
That, now that was not good from Ciman. No idea why he took so long with that clearance and it led to a bunch of problems.

Auzzy
TFC look a bit out of sorts all over the place, need to settle it down somehow.

69Chevy396
04-13-2019, 04:19 PM
We need more pace up front. Osorio, Chapman, Delgado are too slow

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Man, Ciman has this tendency to give up the ball & cause us to be backpedalling for 2 minutes straight.

But he's also had some great passes today.

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:20 PM
Outrageous that Kim isn’t getting a yellow for that. This league is on crack
Totally

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:21 PM
We need more pace up front. Osorio, Chapman, Delgado are too slow

Yeah, and the left side is not Oso's best place to play.

We really need that left-footed winger.

DinamoTFC
04-13-2019, 04:24 PM
Westberg's distribution is night and day compared to Bono's. Pinpoint passes all day.

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:27 PM
Poz is looking pretty disinterested at the moment.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Shut the fuck up Caldwell, don't defend the Seattle dipshit who sticks his elbow in Altidore's face.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 04:28 PM
Poz is looking pretty disinterested at the moment.

I agree.

andyboy
04-13-2019, 04:29 PM
F@ck, power out east end!

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:30 PM
Oso and Jozy both look a bit off the pace today. Chapman actually looks like he has pace. The turf and travel might be hurting. There don’t seem to be any Oso haters on the boards right now, anticipating some, I kept track of giveaways and incisive passes on the first half - out of Oso, Poz, Bradley, Marky Oso had the least giveaways (Bradley second) in the first half and they each had two incisive passes - Poz’s the best, obviously.

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:32 PM
I like Caldwell. But a) he cursed them b) I didn’t see them as comfortable at all - they were getting deeper and deeper and putting themselves under pressure more and more.

Auzzy
F@ck, power out east end!

You're lucky, believe me.

flambe
Caldwell, “ I don’t want to curse TFC but they look pretty comfortable”. Oh wait, shit.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 04:33 PM
Ugh what was Ciman doing there?

69Chevy396
I agree.
He has discovered that there is only one TFC player who knows what to do when he has the ball. Reminds me of VV rolling his eyes all the time, ir Seba throwing up his arms in frustration. Other than Altidore, this team has nothing up front.

Jack
Our defence...

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Yeah....not good enough.

portu
Michael Bradley lazy there not tracking his runner

MightyDM
Westerberg should have had the second one But what were Bradley and Oso doing In The build up.

69Chevy396
This team needs a Giovinco bit of magic....oh wait.

Jack
Chapman is lost

Auzzy
WTF Michael Bradley?

Everybody jogging. Most players don't seem to want to turn this around.

notthesun
04-13-2019, 04:35 PM
Second goal was quality, that one was not. Complete defensive breakdown.

We 100% should be spending part of our TAM on a CB.

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:36 PM
That was pathetic defending.

And Poz is not coming back far enough to make himself available for a pass. He's just standing around and letting himself get cut out.

Jack
Beauty seeing-eye pass from Pozuelo!

DinamoTFC
We have no width. Poz playing 2nd striker is neutralizing his strengths. He needs to find teammaters but we have no one running. Causing more pressure onto the defense by sitting back.

jazzy
It’s a shame Bradley is back to the old ways of being lost in space staying back . We cannot win with a Bradley sitting back , team gets lost . We have to be on the move always going forward , seems Vanney has let bad habits get then 2 quick goals .

Richard
04-13-2019, 04:37 PM
What a goal by Jozy!

flambe
THAT was a nice goal. Great pass from Poz and precision from Jozy.

James17930
My word, Jozy is a God.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 04:38 PM
Well watching Jozy & Pozuelo is fun at least.

Richard
04-13-2019, 04:39 PM
We have a championship offense.

Please get the defense sorted Manning.

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:39 PM
Maybe Akinola on for Delgado and just go for it?

DinamoTFC
04-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Seattle has excellent crossers of the ball. All their crosses look dangerous. Ours look like shit or dont get by the first defender

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Vanney telling Bradley 'spread out'.

Looking to have Ash whip some crosses in.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 04:43 PM
It’s a shame Bradley is back to the old ways of being lost in space staying back . We cannot win with a Bradley sitting back , team gets lost . We have to be on the move always going forward , seems Vanney has let bad habits get then 2 quick goals .

But if he's back there, at least he needs to help organize the defensive midfield. So often TFC look completely disorganized today.

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:44 PM
Maybe Akinola on for Delgado and just go for it?

Good call. Although for reasons that escapee me I want to see Boyd

stevep
04-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Delagado gives up possession a lot

James17930
Good call. Although for reasons that escapee me I want to see Boyd

I can see that. Go big and tough and bully one in.

Though now Torres is coming in which makes that plan much more difficult.

Richard
What is Delgado doing, Jeez

ag futbol
04-13-2019, 04:46 PM
Delgado is where every play goes to die this game it seems

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Westberg has guts. Wow

Jack
04-13-2019, 04:48 PM
Pozuelo looks gassed

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:48 PM
I can see that. Go big and tough and bully one in.

Though now Torres is coming in which makes that plan much more difficult.

It’s Ayo!

ag futbol
04-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Good grief, Vanney really over thought that one bringing on Morgan.

We need goals Greg!

Thomas
04-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Bono would have let that one in.

Westberg has guts. Wow

stevep
04-13-2019, 04:50 PM
Delgado is where every play goes to die this game it seems

Thank God he's coming out

jazzy
04-13-2019, 04:50 PM
Ito win you’d think we’d put out an attacker but it seems we are back to nondescript subs not early enough ....Akinola will come on but with no time remaining , this is my problem with unemotional Vanney . Go for it damn it .

James17930
04-13-2019, 04:51 PM
This sub should have happened about 10 mins ago.

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Morrow hasn’t played particularly well.

MightyDM
04-13-2019, 04:53 PM

We need goals Greg!

He is trying to create width I assume. And Morrow is all we have.

Richard
04-13-2019, 04:58 PM
Wow almost.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 05:01 PM
Defence is crud but all in all better then last year - a few good lessons learned in that game.

James17930
04-13-2019, 05:02 PM
Fuck.

That stupid 3rd goal.

ag futbol
At this stage of MLS, he’s an emergency body, not too much more. Love the guy but it’s the truth.

Good effort today. We still need a handful of pieces but decent effort.

DinamoTFC
We are lacking width. We need those Tam players. Morrow doesnt give enough as a left winger against a good team.

Grandia
damn, we lost

stevep
04-13-2019, 05:03 PM

We need goals Greg!

playing with Morgan on the field is like playing with 9 men

notthesun
04-13-2019, 05:03 PM
We came damn close to getting that draw despite our defensive frailty. Really good mentality, nothing like last year.

Sign a starting quality CB and we're a top 5 team guaranteed.

Keep starting Westberg also.

I'm relatively pleased with this performance.

DinamoTFC
04-13-2019, 05:04 PM
I liked what I saw from Westberg. Other than that 3rd goal which maybe he could have stopped he had a good game.

stevep
04-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Defence is crud but all in all better then last year - a few good lessons learned in that game.

agreed, lessons learned. you don't learn much playing Chicago, you learn a little but playing against Seattle you learn a lot!

Oldtimer
04-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Thoughts
Too many mistakes by Zavaleta & Ciman
Smith is a great pick up for Seattle

Despite the loss, I think we might have our new starting Keeper. Westberg is much better than Bono at the moment.

Pozo and Altidore are a great combo. Looking forward to seeing how it develops during the season.

Disappointing loss, TFC should not have given up that third goal.

jazzy
04-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Damn , hate Seattle , we had a good chance to win that but , our D , is simply average . Still if only Vanney when we are losing would pull out the stops sooner . I really think he feels happy that his formations were successful , regardless that we lose . No we lost , that’s the point . That’s why we play . Such a waste of an amazing Jody effort . Goal keepers aside his kicks were top grade . We give up superior reaction saves from Bono but this keepers distribution is professional . Considering it’s his first game , hopefully not his last .and again like last year why waste a highly paid Bradley too deep worrying about the D . That’s why we lost last year , wasted his talent.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 05:09 PM
I can live with the result, away to Seattle.

Pozuelo with a couple of amazing passes, but he often looked out of sorts. Probably the plastic turf & long flight didn't help. Also, although there is some bad hacking in this league, you're not going to get a foul called every time somebody lightly presses you from behind.

Biggest issue for me is team mentality when things are going sideways, and learning from mistakes. I've said it often. Although Vanney has grown quite a bit, it's the same basic thing we saw in his first year, when we kept on giving up points when the other side went down a man. My guess, Vanney is a great teacher, but not a great motivator or disciplinarian. But that's not just on the coach; the players & leaders on the field have to be able to turn things around as well.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 05:12 PM
We came damn close to getting that draw despite our defensive frailty. Really good mentality, nothing like last year.

Sign a starting quality CB and we're a top 5 team guaranteed.

Keep starting Westberg also.

I'm relatively pleased with this performance.

I'm also relatively pleased with the performance. And I liked the fight they showed for stretches. But the mentality was not good for significant portions of the game. Seattle could have easily scored a few more goals.

69Chevy396
04-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Thoughts

Despite the loss, I think we might have our new starting Keeper. Westberg is much better than Bono at the moment.

Pozo and Altidore are a great combo. Looking forward to seeing how it develops during the season.

TFC is comparable to a dozen other MLS teams. Three very good players (Altidore, Poz, Mavinga), and a dozen very avg players. predicting a playoff run is a crap shoot, because any sustained injury to the aforementioned three, and the losses will pile up.
2017 Was essentially the same, except we had 4 very good players, and that made all the difference

Hamilton_Red
04-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Positive:.

Altidore is playing brilliantly.
Poz - also great we need to get him on the ball more. That’s Bradley’s job.
Westburg - excellent debut...should hold his spot.

Negatives:

Defence...Bradley on the 3rd goal.. CB’s watching esp Ciman. Wingers playing to far forward - the really hurts us attacking the LB and RB postions.

We need to use the TAM money on the best CB we can get. It was a crisis last year that when Moor and Mavinga were injured and we didn’t respond. It’s the single most important move we can make. Wingers will have to wait.

Overall an excellent performance. Seattle finished completely gassed and knowing they had played a very good team. Btw...we win that game if they had played mid week.

General Woolfe
04-13-2019, 05:18 PM
A very, very, disappointing result after what was a half decent performance against one of the league’s top sides. We really only have ourselves to blame. We got a fabulous start with a great combination from Pozuelo and Altidore, only to cough up the lead by allowing Seattle the cheapest of equalizer. That just about sums us up right now. We look great going forward but are an absolute disaster defensively. Vanney really needs to sort that out pronto or we’re going nowhere. In fact you can’t just blame the defence as there is no support from midfield. Our right flank was also a mess the entire game and Seattle cut down that side like a knife through butter. I’ve been pushing for a replacement for Séba (which I still feel is more important than a winger. God forbid Jozy gets hurt and we have to go with Hamilton or Boyd) however I think a quality central defender might well be more urgent. What stings most of all today is Seattle scored all three goals without a decent challenge on Bruin or Roldan.

I fear MLSE have pulled a ball & cup trick on us this off season because whatever way you spin it we lost our best player and he hasn’t been replaced. Sure Pozuelo looks impressive but I he falls quiet for large stretches of the game and is incapable of dominating and changing a game the way Séba did. I see him more as a replacement for Vazquez which leaves us short on quality up top. I can see us making the playoffs this season, however any thoughts of a Supporters Sheild or MLS Cup is nothing but a dream unless that defence is fixed and we have reasonable quality in depth up top.

noimpactinmtl
04-13-2019, 05:18 PM

Vanney is also sending a message to Curtis and Manning, if they didn’t get it already. Can’t just rely on Morgan apart from CANCON requirements.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-13-2019, 05:32 PM

Sorry that I was right on these thoughts.

Some after game observations:

1. With this defense we wont get anywhere, ever.
2. If Jozy will miss games, we are in deep shit, because Poz will have nobody to play to upfront. All other attacking obtions ve have are dead hands compared to Jozy... but this is of course too obvious for everybody. Another problem: if this happens, I'm afraid Poz will get very frustrated.
3. Nice debut for Westburg, I hope I won't see Bono for a while after this.
4. This was the very first good team we played this season.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 05:35 PM
I fear MLSE have pulled a ball & cup trick on us this off season because whatever way you spin it we lost our best player and he hasn’t been replaced. Sure Pozuelo looks impressive but I he falls quiet for large stretches of the game and is incapable of dominating and changing a game the way Séba did....

Who scored again?

And on passes from whom?

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 05:38 PM
BTW I would recommend everyone give Michael Leach a follow, he's on Twitter, Instagram & just started his own YouTube channel. Nice to see another journalist covering TFC more closely, after a couple others were re-assigned, spread over multiple sports, or at least reduced in their TFC coverage. Journalism is a tough market these days, let's support what we have.

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Congrats to Quentin on becoming the 211th player to suit up for the Reds in team history.

Sorry that I was right on these thoughts.

Some after game observations:

1. With this defense we wont get anywhere, ever.
2. If Jozy will miss games, we are in deep shit, because Poz will have nobody to play to upfront. All other attacking obtions ve have are dead hands compared to Jozy... but this is of course too obvious for everybody. Another problem: if this happens, I'm afraid Poz will get very frustrated.
3. Nice debut for Westburg, I hope I won't see Bono for a while after this.
4. This was the very first good team we played this season.

Mikmacdo
04-13-2019, 06:08 PM
TFC really misses Auro. If we have two TAM spots available sign a CB and a winger 100%. The problem with MLS teams is the depth, once you ar emissions half of your starting back four, its going to be rough out there.

Mikmacdo
04-13-2019, 06:08 PM
Who scored again?

And on passes from whom?

Pozuelo has 2 goals and 4 fucking assist in 3 games and people are complaining? Wow.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Pozuelo has 2 goals and 4 fucking assist in 3 games and people are complaining? Wow.

Apparently he was "coasting" & "uninterested". Personally, I think he's like Seba in that the degree of difficulty of stuff he is trying is quite high. He is laying off passes that nobody is even remarking upon because he makes it look so darn easy.

Our defence suks & we all know & see that. But the Poz to Jozy combo is causing opposing defences fits.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 06:55 PM
This tweet makes my point better

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1117214150696898561

jazzy
04-13-2019, 07:02 PM
After last weeks debut Laryea surely would have widened the field . He was spirited last week . Spirit isn’t highly prized with this coach .

ag futbol
04-13-2019, 07:09 PM
After last weeks debut Laryea surely would have widened the field . He was spirited last week . Spirit isn’t highly prized with is coach .
Not to diminish Laryea, but Chicago was on something like their 3rd or 4th choice LB. This was not the same scenario.

stevep
04-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Just rematched both jozy goals.
I do not understand how anybody can criticize him.
The skill level shown on both of the goals is really high.

Richard
04-13-2019, 07:55 PM
This tweet makes my point better

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1117214150696898561

Poz is the Ineista of this league.

Smokecell
04-13-2019, 09:25 PM
Just rematched both jozy goals.
I do not understand how anybody can criticize him.
The skill level shown on both of the goals is really high.

This.

Unsurprisingly there's little noise now from the bright individuals who were trying to chase Jozy out in the offseason...give your heads a shake.

Only on these forums will you find people clamouring for the return of Nico Hasler yet calling for Jozy's head. :facepalm:

He is a legend.

Auzzy
04-13-2019, 09:33 PM
This.

Unsurprisingly there's little noise now from the bright individuals who were trying to chase Jozy out in the offseason...give your heads a shake.

Only on these forums will you find people clamouring for the return of Nico Hasler yet calling for Jozy's head. :facepalm:

He is a legend.

Do you realize "these forums" is not one person? If some people wanted Jozy gone, those are very likely not the same people that wanted Hasler back. Plus they're on very different salaries, with very different roles.

portu
04-13-2019, 10:32 PM
This.

He is a legend.

I can still want Jozy gone while acknowledging he's been lights out this season apart from injury. All this does increase the ease with which we can get rid of him

ensco
04-13-2019, 10:33 PM
Seattle nearly conceded own goals twice in 30 seconds in the 90th minute under pressure, then Ciman kissed the post.

So so close to pulling out a result.

OgtheDim
04-13-2019, 10:34 PM
I can still want Jozy gone while acknowledging he's been lights out this season apart from injury. All this does increase the ease with which we can get rid of him

He signed a DP contract - he's going nowhere.

gracos
04-13-2019, 10:42 PM
We can score but if we dont improve our defence it doesnt matter how many goals we score, we will be more likely to lose then win, Defense is crucial and we are looking for a winger instead of Defense, i dont know if i should support this move as it doesnt make sense to me

portu
04-13-2019, 10:43 PM
He signed a DP contract - he's going nowhere.

Fair, but I still want him gone. And that contract could just as easily serve to secure transfer value of the player

Hamilton_Red
04-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Seattle nearly conceded own goals twice in 30 seconds in the 90th minute under pressure, then Ciman kissed the post.

Yes and their players looked battered and gassed... That game goes for 5 more minutes and we get a point. We are in the mix as a top 3-4 team in the league as it stands today.. we have to fix the Centre of Defense and have a second reliable goal scorer. If we do that we have a chance of getting back to the top. We may have solved our goalkeeper problems as well - which is encouraging. West burg had better distribution than Bono..it was apparent after about 10 minutes.

Smokecell
04-13-2019, 11:38 PM
Fair, but I still want him gone. And that contract could just as easily serve to secure transfer value of the player

One can only assume there is something personal behind your takes on Jozy. Outside of that it’s complete lunacy....what would you like to replace him with? A world class striker that can score consistently and reliably while providing championship moments...oh wait

Derko
04-14-2019, 12:51 AM
Thoughts

The third goal is all on Bradley, he gave the ball right to Seattle in the middle of the park, that was the glaring mistake,
Zavs is far too slow and indecisive, you can read what he will do with the ball, Delgado always gives up the ball.

portu
04-14-2019, 05:17 AM
One can only assume there is something personal behind your takes on Jozy. Outside of that it’s complete lunacy....what would you like to replace him with? A world class striker that can score consistently and reliably while providing championship moments...oh wait

If you think Jozy is world class or that there aren't better ways to spend that money we're far apart in terms of how we rate players.

Derko
04-14-2019, 05:33 AM
If you think Jozy is world class or that there aren't better ways to spend that money we're far apart in terms of how we rate players.

Come on guys, take the Jozy debate elsewhere, every game thread it's the same thing, it spirals beyond the actual game analysis :facepalm:

Auzzy
04-14-2019, 06:45 AM
The third goal is all on Bradley, he gave the ball right to Seattle in the middle of the park, that was the glaring mistake,
Zavs is far too slow and indecisive, you can read what he will do with the ball, Delgado always gives up the ball.

And then Bradley jogged slowly, didn't look around, and didn't follow the players into the box. Morgan ended up having to deal with 3 players on his own, the ball holder and two runners, one of whom ended up scoring.

JohnnyEnglish
04-14-2019, 07:18 AM
Reported 71% Passing accuracy for Westberg, impressive considering the mix of playing it long and passing out the back that we saw. Distribution is an area that massively lets Bono down and having a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet is a massive bonus with the way we set up.
Thought he could have done better with all three of the goal but let’s see how he does against Minnesota. Hopefully the competition does Bono some good.

Hamilton_Red
04-14-2019, 07:26 AM

And then Bradley jogged slowly, didn't look around, and didn't follow the players into the box. Morgan ended up having to deal with 3 players on his own, the ball holder and two runners, one of whom ended up scoring.

It’s worrying to see Bradley’s form dip. I know everyone thinks he has an iron clad mentality and his contract situation won’t effect him. Well I think everyone is human & it seems to be effecting him. We need to get it resolved and have him stabilized. We missed Auro and Moor badly.

Auzzy
04-14-2019, 07:33 AM
It’s worrying to see Bradley’s form dip. I know everyone thinks he has an iron clad mentality and his contract situation won’t effect him. Well I think everyone is human & it seems to be effecting him. We need to get it resolved and have him stabilized. We missed Auro and Moor badly.

I don't think this is a form dip for Bradley. I've seen this off & on from Bradley for years. Sometimes he makes lung-bursting full-field runs topped off by incredible game-saving tackles. And other amazing feats. Sometimes he drifts, doesn't look around, doesn't organize his area of the midfield, and jogs after turnovers. Sometimes his intense focus and zen-like demeanour are assets; sometimes they're not. And I wonder if the coach has authority over him.

OgtheDim
04-14-2019, 07:45 AM

Yeah, it was shockingly bad bit of play from Bradley. Vanney called out the midfield for not tracking runners when its no longer 3/5 at the back.

I suspect that is going to get hammered into them this week because the Loons & Portland love to run wide and then throw it at runners coming in late.

Auzzy
04-14-2019, 07:58 AM
Yeah, it was shockingly bad bit of play from Bradley. Vanney called out the midfield for not tracking runners when its no longer 3/5 at the back.

I suspect that is going to get hammered into them this week because the Loons & Portland love to run wide and then throw it at runners coming in late.

I'm glad that Vanney mentioned that. I don't want to hammer Bradley too much; other midfielders also mess up on defensive duties. I just expect more from Bradley, as an experienced player, captain, and supposed midfield general. Mostly he delivers; sometimes he doesn't.

I feel we never adequately replaced Will Johnson. I think we need that kind of defensive midfield destroyer, at least for certain games or game states. I think we should be able to find a cheaper version of that, from the inside (academy etc.) or the outside. Hasler and a few other former players, had some of those qualities. I think Liam Fraser has lots of skills, great for starting the play and passing the ball forward. But I don't think he has the mobility & terrier-nature to play that Will Johnson role (and support Bradley in that way). Maybe Fraser can be trained for that. Or maybe DeLeon, after we get a TAM winger?

ag futbol
04-14-2019, 08:38 AM

I think that was going in but it took a slight deflection off a Seattle player. So slight, we didn’t get a corner from it.

ag futbol
04-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Reported 71% Passing accuracy for Westberg, impressive considering the mix of playing it long and passing out the back that we saw. Distribution is an area that massively lets Bono down and having a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet is a massive bonus with the way we set up.
Thought he could have done better with all three of the goal but let’s see how he does against Minnesota. Hopefully the competition does Bono some good.
Let’s not forget he charged out and stole the ball off someone’s foot in what looked to a play where two Seattle players were basically in on the keeper. Easily could have been 4-2 had he not made that play.

Richard
04-14-2019, 09:03 AM
I think we need to give Westberg a run of games.

Auzzy
04-14-2019, 09:13 AM
Did anyone think his reaction time / shot blocking was not quite top notch? I'm not sure either way. It depends on the speed of the shots. Also some experienced keepers won't even go for attempts that they don't think they can reach; others will almost always make an effort.

GerMc
04-14-2019, 09:26 AM
Overall, I think it wasn't a bad result, all things considered. 3-2 away against one of the best teams in the league. And the team never gave up after going down 3-1.
1. Poz and Jozy are magic together. Poz is putting passes onto postage stamps, and both of Jozy`s finishes (especially the toe poke) were high quality.
2. I was impressed with Westberg, with some good distribution for a change. I don`t think he was at fault on the first two, and on the third one he went down and the player went up. Can`t criticize him for making a choice and committing to it. Bono`s indecision and unwillingness to commit has cost us goals this year
3. Defence was a weak spot again. We really missed Moor. I have read lots of criticism on the boards on him, but our defence is just not as good without him. I don`t question Vanney`s decision to leave him at home, as we do need to manage his minutes. I do think we could use another CB
4. I also thought Laryea should have been given a run out.
5. Was a little confused by the Morgan sub. Regardless of Vanney`s plan, I don`t think it panned out (and like others, I also think Ashtone is a great guy). I do think that substitutions are often an area of challenge for Vanney

This team is miles ahead of where we were in 2018, both in terms of points, but also quality on the field. We aren`t where we were in 2017, but we have something to build on here. And if we make a few good additions, maybe getting close to 2017 quality isn`t out of reach.

Auzzy
04-14-2019, 09:29 AM
I liked the way Westberg came out into a crowd & got a good punch on the ball. That has been hit & miss with Bono.

Also Westberg's part in our own 2nd goal was significant.

portu
04-14-2019, 09:31 AM
Come on guys, take the Jozy debate elsewhere, every game thread it's the same thing, it spirals beyond the actual game analysis :facepalm:

Sorry, pulled myself into it there

barticusz
04-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Our right side was constantly targeted by Seattle. Throwing Laryea in to play defence against Rodriguez and company would have resulted in the same result if not worse.

Overall not a bad performance but we need to get a win next game to build on our confidence.

ensco
04-14-2019, 10:11 AM
It kills me to say this but Marky just has to sit.

He is not able to handle pressure, almost inevitably making back passes... I think he is a big part of the back line problem too. Balance is important, if you have a weak link, the guys behind the weak link start getting pulled out of position... which happened repeatedly yesterday.

I think Marky is a versatile utility sub, maybe for Bradley (that is another problem, Bradley cannot automatically go 90, he isn’t 26 years old anymore)

We do need that winger. It was glaring yesterday. We are a pretty good team otherwise.

paul-collins
04-14-2019, 11:15 AM
TAM CB, and FFS play Poz behind Jozy, not up top. He needs to be back far enough to receive the outlet.

Also, yeah, we need someone else up top with Jozy / ready to replace Jozy. But CB first. (I would have just switched Oso and Poz in the formation, today)