PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games This Weekend - March 23-24 - International Break? Pah! WIMPS

OgtheDim
03-22-2019, 02:31 PM
A pretty underwhelming weekend.

Saturday

Colorado @ FC Dallas 4pm- Two teams that were touted as West darkhorses but have been less then spectacular. What I'm looking at this game? Can FCD create attacks instead of waiting for opportunities (kind of our issue too)

Orlando @ NYRB 7:30pm - Orlando has looked bad & disjointed while NYRB has been stolid. What I'm looking at this game? Signs of whether Nani can make a difference on a team with so much meh quality.

Columbus @ Philadelphia 7:30pm - Philly pulled a surprise last week due to better managment. Columbus got a win at NER & should repeat that this week. What I'm looking at this game? How does CBus do without a lot of starters.

RSL @ LAFC 10:30pm - LAFC has an issue on the wings without Beitashour. They want to revenge their loss to RSL in the playoffs last year. What I'm looking at this game? Can Petke get his team to rebound even with a cross country trip

Sunday

Cinci @ NER 4pm- NER will be smarting but that low block by Cinci is effective. What I'm looking at this game? A good test of how bad OUR defence is in comparison

Auzzy
03-22-2019, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the overview as always!

NYRB stolid or solid? Both work I guess. :D

OgtheDim
03-22-2019, 05:51 PM
Your welcome

Stolid

They are my pick for a treble this season.

OgtheDim
03-23-2019, 09:20 PM
Chaos is always good

Gringo Starr
03-23-2019, 09:33 PM
Philly won easily, be interesting to see how CBus responds next game vs Atl. These early eastern conference results are great, we can build a nice little cushion without having deployed our best lineup

Fort York Redcoat
03-24-2019, 09:14 AM
Your welcome

Stolid

They are my pick for a treble this season.

NJ weren't missing many for the international break and were home for the Snowbirds FC loss. A wee blip for the prospective treblers. hmmm

Fort York Redcoat
03-24-2019, 09:21 AM
Philly won easily, be interesting to see how CBus responds next game vs Atl. These early eastern conference results are great, we can build a nice little cushion without having deployed our best lineup

Glad that Accam didn't show up for their opener v us. Bendik was hung out to dry on 2 of those.

ag futbol
03-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Hard to picture the results on the weekend going any better for TFC. The east looks like a bit of a mess.

Initial B
03-24-2019, 04:36 PM
After this NER-FCC game, I'm not sure how Brad Friedel is going to keep his job.

Defoe
03-24-2019, 05:22 PM
Brutal attendance from New England today

New England 10 k
Dallas: 14.5 k
NYRB: 14 k
Philly: 15 k
LAFC: 22 k

NYRB numbers are so pathetic for a team with quality on the pitch, 71 point supporter shield winners and a great stadium.

The winter/ March numbers really effect NYRB in particular

It’s crazy how much winning impacts the numbers at the gate as well. I guess that is for every league in North America with the amount of competition every market has

OgtheDim
03-24-2019, 06:30 PM
After this NER-FCC game, I'm not sure how Brad Friedel is going to keep his job.

That would require NER upper management to be bothered to watch their team. He has until the end of the season, at least.

Initial B
03-24-2019, 06:45 PM
^ Attendance should talk. Low attendance, low season tickets, losing money... that should get their attention unless they're the tax relief for the Krafts.

OgtheDim
03-24-2019, 07:09 PM
^ Attendance should talk. Low attendance, low season tickets, losing money... that should get their attention unless they're the tax relief for the Krafts.

Krafts just don't care. NER is basically sitting there until the Krafts can figure out/bamboozle somebody for a new SS stadium. To them, this is a lifetime investment that will come good eventually but doesn't lose that much in the meantime.

Auzzy
03-24-2019, 07:14 PM
I honestly don't think the Revs care about 10k attendance in March. If they did, they would try harder to get a stadium closer to downtown. For example there are a ton of colleges/universities in the area, they could have swung a deal with somebody by now. That's in addition to the various other plans that have been half-heartedly floated every few years or so. Gillette Stadium is 45km from downtown, with absolutely no transit for soccer games, in a metropolitan area that has lots of transit usage especially among likely soccer fans.

The results they will start to care about however. And of course the results & atmosphere at the games aren't going to entice many people to make the drive out to Foxborough either.

EDIT: OTD beat me to it. Yeah, I agree with that as well.

ag futbol
03-24-2019, 07:18 PM
So in summary: Bob Kraft might have got a happy ending but no luck for the Revs

Prof
03-24-2019, 08:03 PM
I honestly don't think the Revs care about 10k attendance in March. If they did, they would try harder to get a stadium closer to downtown. For example there are a ton of colleges/universities in the area, they could have swung a deal with somebody by now. That's in addition to the various other plans that have been half-heartedly floated every few years or so. Gillette Stadium is 45km from downtown, with absolutely no transit for soccer games, in a metropolitan area that has lots of transit usage especially among likely soccer fans.

The results they will start to care about however. And of course the results & atmosphere at the games aren't going to entice many people to make the drive out to Foxborough either.

EDIT: OTD beat me to it. Yeah, I agree with that as well.

Nickerson Field is the stadium for Boston University and could easily be expanded from its current 10k to 20 k and would be an ideal downtown stadium for the Revs.

JuliquE
03-25-2019, 01:18 PM
So in summary: Bob Kraft might have got a happy ending but no luck for the Revs
LMAO Too soon, man… too soon. xD

Lil'John
03-25-2019, 06:46 PM
I was at the NYRB game. Actual number of bums on seats 5-10k.
The direct train from Manhattan is also not running all this year, which will hit the numbers, although the change is not too bad.
The good news for us is that neither NYRB (surprisingly) or Orlando (predictably) were very good.
A lot of talk on the train home that BRP is now too old and they need a replacement.
Very good keeper for Orlando (not Bendik!!).