PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 3 - NYC @ TFC Friday March 29 8pm Cometh the man who will fight beside me

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-19-2019, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rllfr-_dhOk

Cometh the hour of our reckoning, we will be ready
Cometh the man who will fight beside me and be steady

(And who doesn't like a little bit of anime Opera)

Have at It People

GerMc
03-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Wow, do you think we can go 3 and 0 in the league after all the pre-season drama? I hope that Poz will be ready to show us what he can do!

DinamoTFC
03-19-2019, 02:25 PM
Supposedly Pozuelo is arriving on Friday. Flight is 440pm

pfk
03-19-2019, 03:24 PM
Supposedly Pozuelo is arriving on Friday. Flight is 440pm

I had a slight panic that he would barely make the game that same evening. Then I realized the game is next Friday. Phew.

Redpunkfiddle
03-19-2019, 04:04 PM
I had a slight panic that he would barely make the game that same evening. Then I realized the game is next Friday. Phew.

Dan Gargan tying his boots in a taxi on the way to Crew stadium.

Initial B
03-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Ah, I remember that movie. Didn't think it was one of the better ones, but the soundtrack was really good. I wonder if Pozuelo will get enough time to practice with the team and gel. I think he might just be brought in as a substitute with Jozy after the first half, depending on how the game is progressing.

James17930
03-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Ah, I remember that movie. Didn't think it was one of the better ones, but the soundtrack was really good. I wonder if Pozuelo will get enough time to practice with the team and gel. I think he might just be brought in as a substitute with Jozy after the first half, depending on how the game is progressing.

Nah, he'll have a week in training - they'll both start.

DinamoTFC
03-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Nycfc rumoured to be getting a very good LW/FWD in Brazilian Heber from Croatia's HNK Rijeka. He's exactly a player I would love on our team. Probably going to cost 2 - 3 million euros transfer. But mls site says it's to be a TAM deal so if that's true I'm assuming it must be spread over a longer period.
Hopefully he doesn't join in time for our game against them.

Edit: forgot he's been out injured so if he has recovered he won't be in form.

OgtheDim
03-19-2019, 10:43 PM
My issue with that move is this

The move could fill a gaping hole at the top of the formation for NYCFC, which has four forwards listed on its current roster but no one who plays a natural central striking role. Heber has mostly featured on the left wing...

To me its a little bit like Jozy & Akinola - two forwards who play the same sort of style.

Heber plays the same place that Mitrita plays on the left. Neither of them are strong centre forwards & unless NYC wants to play with 2 false 9's & force Mitrita to the right, I'm not sure this works yet - I still think NYC goes out and finds a workhorse CF.

Defoe
03-20-2019, 12:38 AM
What if Akinola is the real deal and he developes into a future TAM level player. It changes everything. He could be our Jonathan David. Exactly what we need. We can still add some wingers but it’s just nice to have a player show promise because we can’t realistically buy 18 quality players

———-Akinola-Altidore
—————-Pozuelo
——-Osorio ———Bradley
—————-Delgado
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

James17930
03-20-2019, 03:43 AM
What if Akinola is the real deal and he developes into a future TAM level player. It changes everything. He could be our Jonathan David. Exactly what we need. We can still add some wingers but it’s just nice to have a player show promise because we can’t realistically buy 18 quality players

———-Akinola-Altidore
—————-Pozuelo
——-Osorio ———Bradley
—————-Delgado
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

I think Bradley and Delgado would be switched there. Also, I worry Auro is too much of a defensive liability in a 4-4-2.

We might still just be best with a Ciman-Moor-Mavinga back 3 with Bradley sweeping.

MightyDM
03-20-2019, 07:05 AM

———-Akinola-Altidore
—————-Pozuelo
——-Osorio ———Bradley
—————-Delgado
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

Don’t rule out Hamilton. In a 4-4-2 he is the hold up player and is getting effective at it. Jozy was very complimentary to him the other day.

DinamoTFC
03-20-2019, 12:35 PM
I think Bradley and Delgado would be switched there. Also, I worry Auro is too much of a defensive liability in a 4-4-2.

We might still just be best with a Ciman-Moor-Mavinga back 3 with Bradley sweeping.

Kj and Caldwell did mention the possibility of Delgado being groomed more for a defensive mid role to move Bradley up into the box to box role (outside diamond or outside of 3 man midfied) like he was vs Philly. If Delgado proves to be a good defensive midfielder it would cement him a starting spot and improve midfield as Bradley is better than Delgado in that 8 position.

Ultra & Proud
03-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Kj and Caldwell did mention the possibility of Delgado being groomed more for a defensive mid role to move Bradley up into the box to box role (outside diamond or outside of 3 man midfied) like he was vs Philly. If Delgado proves to be a good defensive midfielder it would cement him a starting spot and improve midfield as Bradley is better than Delgado in that 8 position.
I think it's probably Delgado's best position. He always had a knack for reading passing lanes and disrupting play. Just have to sort his passing out because his errant passes will be a lot worse right in front of our box rather than in midfield or further up.

Fort York Redcoat
03-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Only Oso away on Canada duty Sunday.

edit

Now Chapman as well.

GuelphStorm2007
03-20-2019, 08:25 PM
This team is a work in progress but I do like what I am seeing I was especially happy with the play of Hamilton, Akinola, and Chapman on Sunday to me that was a good sign of things to come hopefully. I think we have some issues in the back but that can fixed I believe. As far as our match v NYC those giys seem to have our number especially in the regular season so I am a little cautious I like the Idea of Delgado playing behind our mids .

DinamoTFC
03-20-2019, 10:18 PM
Vanney will have some tough line up choices that's for sure. A good problem to have.
I could see Vanney testing out his 4-3-3 again at some point during the match.
----------------Altidore---------------
---Akinola---------------Deleon---
---------------Pozuelo---------------
--------Osorio-----Bradley--------
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

stegosaurus
03-20-2019, 11:49 PM
Vanney will have some tough line up choices that's for sure. A good problem to have.
I could see Vanney testing out his 4-3-3 again at some point during the match.
----------------Altidore---------------
---Akinola---------------Deleon---
---------------Pozuelo---------------
--------Osorio-----Bradley--------
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

Akinola isn’t a winger, and this formation can’t work in this format as we’d get blown out defensively.

James17930
03-21-2019, 01:24 AM

Maybe. I just always see Bradley as being a central, up-the-middle guy I can't see him doing much on the outside, unless it's something like Poz sitting on the top of a triangle, with Bradley and Delgado behind him (is that what you meant by 'outside diamond'?)

ensco
03-21-2019, 06:33 AM

The “grooming” comment is odd, if they said that. That role is exactly how Marky was used all of 2017 in the 3-5-2, it's how he came into the starting XI in the first place. That is his natural role.

My fear with him is that we move him, and he blossoms into a long stud career somewhere else, in that exact DM role.

DinamoTFC
03-21-2019, 09:37 AM
Akinola isn’t a winger, and this formation can’t work in this format as we’d get blown out defensively.

1) Akinola has played US u-20 games as a winger and has had success. He's also 19 so should be able to adapt. That's why I put him as LW because he has played it.

2) This isnt the same line up as first leg vs Panama. This 4-3-3 is with better players. With Vanney himself, KJ and Caldwell on their podcast, all saying they prefer to see 4-3-3 with Pozuelo because it brings out the best of his qualities.

3) Osorio and Bradley more reserved. Deleon and Akinola have shown that they track back A LOT. So they do help out defensively.

Whether it works or not is to be determined. But it will be tested.

DinamoTFC
03-21-2019, 09:41 AM
The “grooming” comment is odd, if they said that. That role is exactly how Marky was used all of 2017 in the 3-5-2, it's how he came into the starting XI in the first place. That is his natural role.

My fear with him is that we move him, and he blossoms into a long stud career somewhere else, in that exact DM role.

Delgado always had bradley beside him. And in any 4-4-2 variation Delgado was the number 8, box to box midfielder.

In their podcast I believe they meant testing Delgado as a sole defensive midfielder. In the sense to swap positions with Bradley.

DinamoTFC
03-21-2019, 09:45 AM
Maybe. I just always see Bradley as being a central, up-the-middle guy I can't see him doing much on the outside, unless it's something like Poz sitting on the top of a triangle, with Bradley and Delgado behind him (is that what you meant by 'outside diamond'?)

Bradley has an engine. He can play box to box. Box to box also allows him to use his attacking qualities that have been supressed as a defensive midfielder. Most of his goals for Borussia Moch. and Herenveen were when he was box to box. This only works if there's another suitable sole DM.

Outside diamond as in more box to box:
----- Poz---
Osorio----Bradley
------Delgado-----

Or 3 man midfield as in:
-------Poz-----
----Bradley---Delgado/Osorio

or

Bradley-------Poz
----Delgado------

Mikmacdo
03-21-2019, 09:55 AM
3 man back line works best for TFC

Go to a 3-4-3 or 3-4–1-2

—-Ciman-Moor-Mavinga
Auro-Osorio-Bradley-Morrow
————-Pozuelo
——-Altidore-Akinola

You could put Deleon in Auros spot or Hamilton in Akinola spot.

or

——Ciman-Moor-Mavinga
Auro-Pozuelo-Bradley-Morrow
—-Deleon-Altidore-Osorio

Ultil they add some real wingers I would use these formations.

burlington Red
03-21-2019, 09:57 AM

Yeah I could see that happening. Bradley in a more box to box role as opposed to defensive as he has been. Delgado as the DM with Osorio and Pozuelo as the attacking/creativity from mid. Looks good that to me

stegosaurus
03-21-2019, 01:20 PM
1) Akinola has played US u-20 games as a winger and has had success. He's also 19 so should be able to adapt. That's why I put him as LW because he has played it.

2) This isnt the same line up as first leg vs Panama. This 4-3-3 is with better players. With Vanney himself, KJ and Caldwell on their podcast, all saying they prefer to see 4-3-3 with Pozuelo because it brings out the best of his qualities.

3) Osorio and Bradley more reserved. Deleon and Akinola have shown that they track back A LOT. So they do help out defensively.

Whether it works or not is to be determined. But it will be tested.

I’d like to see a 4-3-3 as well but even having seen Akinola play on the wings I’m not sure he’s good enough there... time will tell, I guess.

I just have trouble envisioning our defense here unless they start to perform. Auro is a bit rough defensively, Moor is slow, and both Mavinga and Ciman look a bit lost at the moment. Bradley will have a lot of work to do...

OgtheDim
03-21-2019, 02:04 PM
NYC is basically 2 teams in one:

A back 4 that can be beat one on one but is well shielded by 3 decent DM's + an attacking unit that likes to run from the wings.

I feel this game is going to be one of those where we swing the ball around the park from side to side slowly and can't penetrate while they come at us quickly & score. Given our defence, I would not be surprised if we lose this one 3-1 or worse.

Hugh Jazz
03-21-2019, 03:05 PM
I think this game will be a good indicator of how Auro is coming along as a defender. DeLeon can give him good support if he's out on the wing.

MightyDM
03-21-2019, 03:14 PM
NYC is basically 2 teams in one:

A back 4 that can be beat one on one but is well shielded by 3 decent DM's + an attacking unit that likes to run from the wings.

I feel this game is going to be one of those where we swing the ball around the park from side to side slowly and can't penetrate while they come at us quickly & score. Given our defence, I would not be surprised if we lose this one 3-1 or worse.

Possible. But we did show some penetrating ball movement, and some good combinations. There is potential there. For reasons others have said, I like the 3-4-1-2. Although it’s questionable whether Poz starts. And in that formation I think DeLeon is preferred to Aruo, possibly Hamilton to Ayo for compatibility reasons with Jozy.

jloome
03-21-2019, 11:19 PM
Delgado always had bradley beside him. And in any 4-4-2 variation Delgado was the number 8, box to box midfielder.

In their podcast I believe they meant testing Delgado as a sole defensive midfielder. In the sense to swap positions with Bradley.

When we first got Delgado he played as a DM and a right back, which is what he'd primarily played at Chivas USA.

Hamilton_Red
03-21-2019, 11:56 PM
So two games in and we have scored 6 goals. Now we have Jozy back and Pozuelo in..I think our goal scoring situation is going to be OK for now. I’d be careful moving Bradley from a DM position while our CB situation is still very fragile. Ciman and Mavinga are a long way from reliable form. The main focus should be on keeping a clean sheet on Friday. We will score goals.

stevep
03-25-2019, 05:50 PM
nobody asked this the presser today.
is tfc going 4-3-3 on Friday?

Defoe
03-25-2019, 08:21 PM
nobody asked this the presser today.
is tfc going 4-3-3 on Friday?

I didn’t watch the whole thing but I’m gonna guess, Yes.

Aside from formations, I’m a believer in playing the best 11.

1) Pozuelo
2) Altidore
3) Bradley
4) Mavinga
5) Morrow
6) Akinola (sounds crazy I know)
7) Osorio
8) Moor
9) Deleon
10) Auro
11) Ciman
12) Delgado
13) Hamilton

Etc

4-4-3

Akinola-Altidore-Deleon
Osorio-Pozuelo-Bradley
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

These are our best 10 players in my opinion. This lineup can compete. Top 4 lineup in the east

stegosaurus
03-25-2019, 08:40 PM
I didn’t watch the whole thing but I’m gonna guess, Yes.

Aside from formations, I’m a believer in playing the best 11.

1) Pozuelo
2) Altidore
3) Bradley
4) Mavinga
5) Morrow
6) Akinola (sounds crazy I know)
7) Osorio
8) Moor
9) Deleon
10) Auro
11) Ciman
12) Delgado
13) Hamilton

Etc

4-4-3

Akinola-Altidore-Deleon
Osorio-Pozuelo-Bradley
Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

These are our best 10 players in my opinion. This lineup can compete. Top 4 lineup in the east

It’s possible, but pretty imbalanced.

I see Pozo playing under Jozy and Ayo or playing off Jozy with us lining up fairly similar to how we normally do.

Testing the 4-3-3 with a player just being integrated against a direct rival and Eastern team who could burn us doesn’t seem to be the best idea, but who knows...

Seems more like they’re looking for acquisitions and will test out the 4-3-3 when it doesn’t hurt us. A 4-4-3 would be awesome though... if they threw Big Ben (where did he end up?) on no one would notice him so I’m sure it’d be fine.

Bluenose13
03-26-2019, 02:52 PM
I think we are more likely to see a 4-4-2 with a diamond in the midfield.

-----Altidore - Akinola---

-----------Pozuelo-------

-------Osorio - Deleon---

------------Bradley-------

Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

Joe Kool
03-26-2019, 03:06 PM

Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. I think they will be pretty cautious with the 4-3-3 implementation and this is maybe not the game to do it. Vanney said he was going to have Pozuelo play the same position as he did in Genk so it should be an easier integration into our team. Anyone know where he was and in what formation for Genk?

Joe Kool
03-26-2019, 03:09 PM
This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. I think they will be pretty cautious with the 4-3-3 implementation and this is maybe not the game to do it. Vanney said he was going to have Pozuelo play the same position as he did in Genk so it should be an easier integration into our team. Anyone know where he was and in what formation for Genk?

Answer to my own question....

http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2019/02/1739979_K_Racing_Club_Genk.jpg

Mikmacdo
03-26-2019, 03:33 PM
I like the back 3 more. I would go with a 3-4-1-2.

————--Ciman Moor Mavinga

Deleon/Auro Osorio Bradley Morrow

————————Pozuelo

——————Akinola Altidore

Defoe
03-26-2019, 04:49 PM
I like the back 3 more. I would go with a 3-4-1-2.

————--Ciman Moor Mavinga

Deleon/Auro Osorio Bradley Morrow

————————Pozuelo

——————Akinola Altidore

Ciman hasn’t been great out of the gate but more importantly after these 3 CB’s there isn’t a whole lot of quality CB depth on the team. They may want to be careful with their minutes and rotate them as you know an injury will happen at some point

Mikmacdo
03-26-2019, 04:52 PM
Ciman hasn’t been great out of the gate but more importantly after these 3 CB’s there isn’t a whole lot of quality CB depth on the team. They may want to be careful with their minutes and rotate them as you know an injury will happen at some point

That's fair but the team had played better with three at the back so far. Give ciman more time before benching him.

MightyDM
03-26-2019, 10:40 PM
Zavaleta needs a start soon. Also if its a 2 up front Hamilton is likely due to hold up play. But that diamond makes sense to me given Vanney's past decisions and personnel available.

stegosaurus
03-26-2019, 10:53 PM
Zavaleta needs a start soon. Also if its a 2 up front Hamilton is likely due to hold up play. But that diamond makes sense to me given Vanney's past decisions and personnel available.

Zavaleta needs no starts and shouldn’t see the pitch unless it’s against a CPL team or due to injury.

Why would Hamilton start over Akinola in a front 2 with Jozy? Jozy is the hold up player in that scenario.

Won’t be surprised to see Pozo playing off Jozy and slotting in up front considering his quality and form. Seba was initially playing an AM role too.

Hamilton_Red
03-26-2019, 11:39 PM
i’d try this

---------Jozy

Oso ---Pozo-- Deleon

---Bradley Delgado

Morrow Mavinga Moor Auro

I’d be tempted to bench Mavinga for Zavaletta or Ciman after that insane penalty tackle/assault. At this stage I’d be more concerned about putting a few clean sheets on the board.

OgtheDim
03-27-2019, 08:30 AM
Zavaleta needs no starts and shouldn’t see the pitch unless it’s against a CPL team or due to injury.

Why would Hamilton start over Akinola in a front 2 with Jozy? .

The only reason we think Akinola is worthy of starting is the one game he got a shot in this year. Based on last year, nobody thought either Akinola or Zaveleta deserved a game.

IF Zaveleta works hard enough in practice to deserve a shot, he'll likely come of the bench at some point. Like it or not, at one point this season we are going to need a 4th CB & until we get another one in a trade, Zavs is it.

He regressed last year - can't tell if that's permanent until he gets into a game.

Joe Kool
03-27-2019, 08:41 AM
The only reason we think Akinola is worthy of starting is the one game he got a shot in this year. Based on last year, nobody thought either Akinola or Zaveleta deserved a game.

IF Zaveleta works hard enough in practice to deserve a shot, he'll likely come of the bench at some point. Like it or not, at one point this season we are going to need a 4th CB & until we get another one in a trade, Zavs is it.

He regressed last year - can't tell if that's permanent until he gets into a game.

If I recall correctly he did better with Moor beside him too than when he was with Hagglund so supporting cast around him will also be crucial if and when he sees the pitch.

Kaz
03-27-2019, 12:05 PM
I would recommend people curb the expectations for this game.

NYCFC has played Orlando, LAFC and DC. All teams kicking off a good early start.

Toronto has played just two games both teams with multiple loses. In fact New England has scored just 3 goals in 4 games now.. 2 of them against us.

NYCFC will steam roll if the boys come out with the Form we saw against New England.

The Attack will be better though rusty I'm sure. The Defence though is a mess because once again for the second off season in a row we have done nothing to actually improve it. We literally replaced a young CB with an old one and lost a RB without replacing him at all really. Oh and of course we lost 2 forwards 1 starting and 1 depth and midfielder and replaced 1 depth forward and the midfielder.

So over all we are two pieces down at front and back and no better in any other role. That means we need to really curb our expectations and hope the defence steps up.

Honestly I see this being 3-1 for NYCFC I know that is a downer but I'd rather be surprised by a win or a tie rather than disappointed by the likely loss.

Joe Kool
03-27-2019, 12:42 PM
I would recommend people curb the expectations for this game.

NYCFC has played Orlando, LAFC and DC. All teams kicking off a good early start.

Toronto has played just two games both teams with multiple loses. In fact New England has scored just 3 goals in 4 games now.. 2 of them against us.

NYCFC will steam roll if the boys come out with the Form we saw against New England.

The Attack will be better though rusty I'm sure. The Defence though is a mess because once again for the second off season in a row we have done nothing to actually improve it. We literally replaced a young CB with an old one and lost a RB without replacing him at all really. Oh and of course we lost 2 forwards 1 starting and 1 depth and midfielder and replaced 1 depth forward and the midfielder.

So over all we are two pieces down at front and back and no better in any other role. That means we need to really curb our expectations and hope the defence steps up.

Honestly I see this being 3-1 for NYCFC I know that is a downer but I'd rather be surprised by a win or a tie rather than disappointed by the likely loss.

So just expect to lose every game then...then you are not surprised if it happens and pleasantly surprised when it doesn't. Seems like a good recipe to never be disappointed. :) I myself can't take that view though. Your post makes it seem like we will be lucky to tie or win this one but I just can't see it that way despite some of the shaky moments. When I watch other games with other MLS teams they are also having shaky moments. Not solely a TFC thing. Just early season MLS.

leedsandTFC
03-27-2019, 01:28 PM
Any indication of whether pozuelo will start?

MightyDM
03-27-2019, 01:42 PM

Why would Hamilton start over Akinola in a front 2 with Jozy? Jozy is the hold up player in that scenario.

Won’t be surprised to see Pozo playing off Jozy and slotting in up front considering his quality and form. Seba was initially playing an AM role too.

Zavaletta needs a start so he is ready as depth, and as a test of ability. Vanney spoke about rotation. Hamilton is a hold up player. Jozy can but it isnt the best use of his talent.

Mikmacdo
03-27-2019, 02:23 PM
Zavaletta needs a start so he is ready as depth, and as a test of ability. Vanney spoke about rotation. Hamilton is a hold up player. Jozy can but it isnt the best use of his talent.

Now isn't the time to start zavs. When the schedule gets busier then you can plug him in the starting lineup.

MightyDM
03-27-2019, 02:52 PM
Now isn't the time to start zavs. When the schedule gets busier then you can plug him in the starting lineup.

I am not saying he should start. I am saying he needs a start, and Vanney has spoken to rotation. So I think he will start, if not this game, soon.

Super
03-27-2019, 04:01 PM
Any indication of whether pozuelo will start?

Pozuelo said he's ready to play on Friday, so I think it's fair to say he'll be starting.

MightyDM
03-27-2019, 05:45 PM
Pozuelo said he's ready to play on Friday, so I think it's fair to say he'll be starting.

Of course it’s likely, but new acquisitions often start from the bench. So not certain.

OgtheDim
03-27-2019, 05:49 PM
The weekly training ground interview with Vanney hinted at a few things.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/03/27/training-sound-greg-vanney?autoplay=true

They won't start rotation of players yet - but its coming in May
Poz may or may not start (Vanney's not going to tip his hand)
Bradley is going to play
Vanney changed things up the first 2 games from what the team is going to play in order to get results while waiting for the team to all get together (i.e. Jozy healthy & Poz in the fold)
NYC is not going to change how it plays for just its one new player - he expects them to want the ball and to look to create spaces to move into & exploit
Mitrita sounds a lot like Piatti - comes in from the left & operates in space

stegosaurus
03-27-2019, 06:08 PM
The weekly training ground interview with Vanney hinted at a few things.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/03/27/training-sound-greg-vanney?autoplay=true

They won't start rotation of players yet - but its coming in May
Poz may or may not start (Vanney's not going to tip his hand)
Bradley is going to play
Vanney changed things up the first 2 games from what the team is going to play in order to get results while waiting for the team to all get together (i.e. Jozy healthy & Poz in the fold)
NYC is not going to change how it plays for just its one new player - he expects them to want the ball and to look to create spaces to move into & exploit
Mitrita sounds a lot like Piatti - comes in from the left & operates in space

Héber is supposed to miss this match (or NYC now has next level mind games planned), so we can probably expect how they’ve been setup so far.

Kaz
03-28-2019, 11:59 AM
So just expect to lose every game then...then you are not surprised if it happens and pleasantly surprised when it doesn't. Seems like a good recipe to never be disappointed. :) I myself can't take that view though. Your post makes it seem like we will be lucky to tie or win this one but I just can't see it that way despite some of the shaky moments. When I watch other games with other MLS teams they are also having shaky moments. Not solely a TFC thing. Just early season MLS.

Or maybe we should actually work on our defence?

11' 19' 35' 48' 53' 79'

Defoe
03-28-2019, 03:17 PM

Morrow-Mavinga-Moor-Auro

I like this. Akinola deserves to start again in my opinion.

TheSloanRanger
03-28-2019, 06:35 PM
because why the hell not ...

[

IMG]http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2019/03/1745584_Toronto_FC.jpg[/IMG]

stevep
03-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Odds for tfc win increased nicely today
they opened on Tuesday at around 2.15 tfc win now down to 1.95 tfc win

what does this mean??? is pozo starting??

i predict by time starting lineup is announced odds will drop to 1.80 tfc win

TFC TFC

Blindside16
03-29-2019, 12:40 AM
Lets not forget the fact that Chris Penso is in charge of this game. How he still has a job with PRO is beyond me.

In lighter news I hope both Jozy and Pozo get the start tonight. I can't wait to see their link up play.

MightyDM
03-29-2019, 06:00 AM
Game Day!

Graeme
03-29-2019, 06:04 AM
because why the hell not ...
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/2019/03/1745584_Toronto_FC.jpg

I think we loaned out Fraser to York 9, didn't we?

OgtheDim
03-29-2019, 06:06 AM
No rain in the forecast.

NYC new striker isn't in the country yet.

There will be NYC fans there tonight - unlikely to be the Fascists.

Boddington
03-29-2019, 07:11 AM
The transit directions connected to the Match Day Guide for today's match include for a transfer to a replacement bus for those taking the 509 from Union. Does anyone know if that is that current or out of date? I didn't notice anything on the TTC site but it is very possible I missed it. First match for me this season and match days are the only time I am in Toronto so I don't always know what is going on with transit.

https://bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/directions/

flatpicker
03-29-2019, 08:35 AM
The most important question today is, how do I dress for appropriately when it will be a high of 10 this afternoon but hovering around zero at BMO tonight? So difficult. I should just sell my tickets and stay home.

Prof
03-29-2019, 08:35 AM

I like this except for Osorio at wing. I'd replace him with Akinola at the wing position.

paul-collins
03-29-2019, 08:39 AM
Both the TTC website and google maps say the 509 goes right into Exhibition Place loop.

paul-collins
03-29-2019, 08:42 AM
The most important question today is, how do I dress for appropriately when it will be a high of 10 this afternoon but hovering around zero at BMO tonight? So difficult. I should just sell my tickets and stay home.
I don't know where you're getting your weather predictions? I have the weather network telling me at Waterfront Community (ie Queens Quay) that it will be an afternoon high of 6 and evening temp of 5 (and no wind)...

OgtheDim
03-29-2019, 09:11 AM
The transit directions connected to the Match Day Guide for today's match include for a transfer to a replacement bus for those taking the 509 from Union. Does anyone know if that is that current or out of date? I didn't notice anything on the TTC site but it is very possible I missed it. First match for me this season and match days are the only time I am in Toronto so I don't always know what is going on with transit.

https://bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/directions/

Out of date. Exhibition loop trains running.

As for weather (Toronto Islands FWIW)

https://i.imgur.com/jmDdDer.png

ManUtd4ever
03-29-2019, 09:14 AM
Looking forward to this one. It seems like an eternity since we've had 3 healthy DPs on the pitch together.

flatpicker
03-29-2019, 10:34 AM
I don't know where you're getting your weather predictions? I have the weather network telling me at Waterfront Community (ie Queens Quay) that it will be an afternoon high of 6 and evening temp of 5 (and no wind)...

Well, to answer your question, I was getting it from the weather network. I had seen 3 feeling like 0. But it does seem to have improved slightly by about 2 degrees. So I guess I’ll be joining you in wearing shorts and t-shirt tonight. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of dressing warmly.

Auzzy
03-29-2019, 10:42 AM
I brought extra clothes to work, will put on extra layers before biking to the game, depending how it feels by then.

I like to use South Parkdale as my BMO Field weather station: https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/south-parkdale

mauser09
03-29-2019, 11:05 AM

Ryan Telfer

https://york9fc.canpl.ca/roster

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 11:36 AM
Jozy and Pozo are both supposed to start.

paul-collins
03-29-2019, 12:32 PM
Well, to answer your question, I was getting it from the weather network. I had seen 3 feeling like 0. But it does seem to have improved slightly by about 2 degrees. So I guess I’ll be joining you in wearing shorts and t-shirt tonight. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of dressing warmly.
Get those pasty legs ready!

stevep
03-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Odds for tfc win increased nicely today
they opened on Tuesday at around 2.15 tfc win now down to 1.95 tfc win

what does this mean??? is pozo starting??

i predict by time starting lineup is announced odds will drop to 1.80 tfc win

TFC TFC

man am i good or just lucky

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B1/C1/D8/E79610167/F3/G0/H0/I1/P^13/Q^40532336

MightyDM
03-29-2019, 01:39 PM

Don’t do that!

MightyDM
03-29-2019, 01:40 PM
Jozy and Pozo are both supposed to start.
Where did you see that?

Defoe
03-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Looking forward to this one. It seems like an eternity since we've had 3 healthy DPs on the pitch together.

Something fun to point out, is that while we hit on our DP'S, since the addition of new money into the league; TFC swung and missed pretty hard on spending that money on Van Der Weil, Aketke and Janson was only here for 11 games while much of the roster was injured.

If you hit on those 2-3 spots available with our DP's, strong veteran supporting cast, finally some young players showing promise (Akinola, Hamilton) etc this team would surpass 2017. Top 120 club in the world potential.

CBTFC
03-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Yeah this weather is too nice to pass up this evening...gonna bike to the game in cargo shorts.

Pants off for TFC! :scarf::flare::drum:

James17930
03-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Prediction time:

TFC 4 - 1 NYC

Jozy with a brace, Akinola with one, Poz with 1 and 3 assists.

Graeme
03-29-2019, 04:57 PM
Ryan Telfer

https://york9fc.canpl.ca/roster

Thanks! Now the loan makes more sense to me.

portu
03-29-2019, 05:00 PM
More so than Pozuelo starting, I want to see Bono on the bench. His play hasn't been good enough over the last 4 matches to warrant starting.

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 05:32 PM
A key to this game is how Poz links up with Morrow, Akinola, Delgado, and Osorio. We know what to expect from the back three, Bradley, and Altidore, but the midfield could take a while. I recall the first few games VV having trouble orchestrating any rhythm to the attack...it wasnt until late summer 2017, that everyone was on the same page with the clever one touch football he instilled (and virtually lacking when he wasnt on the pitch. in 2018 ..including this season).

Petor
03-29-2019, 06:07 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1111765549124648960

oranje boven
03-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Happily in my seat .. Turf looks decent. Watching with excitement the team stretch and looking forward to seeing the Poz tonight.

Richard
03-29-2019, 06:40 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1111767879756800000

Fort York Redcoat
know that is a downer but I'd rather be surprised by a win or a tie rather than disappointed by the likely loss.

Surprised. But never impressed or excited?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/04/a8/9b/04a89bec62925a0b8fa70f94e5233c25--eeyore-pictures-eeyore-tattoo.jpg?b=t

ag futbol
So no Akinola and no Hamilton on the game day roster??

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 06:42 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1111767879756800000

I have more hope for Mavinga beside Moor.

Richard
03-29-2019, 06:43 PM

Akinola on the bench, I think he deserved another start, not sure why Hamilton is not even on the bench.

oranje boven
03-29-2019, 06:49 PM
Akinola on the bench, I think he deserved another start, not sure why Hamilton is not even on the bench.
Probably cause we already have Boyd and Akinola on the bench. Three strikers for six subs would be a lot.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 06:50 PM
Where did you see that?

Told ya so.

portu
03-29-2019, 06:51 PM
I feel so bad for these kids. I don't know how any young attacker can be happy playing for an MLS side with a DP forward.

portu
03-29-2019, 06:51 PM
Also... s t r e a m s anyone?

Valdal
03-29-2019, 06:52 PM

Yes Please anyone have a stream I will love you long time

ag futbol
03-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Probably cause we already have Boyd and Akinola on the bench. Three strikers for six subs would be a lot.
Why does Boyd even deserve a spot on the bench? I’m not at training but simple eyeball test in games tells me somebody has scored 2 goals to date and somebody has put a penalty into orbit that still hasn’t landed. Disheartening if you’re Hamilton.

Richard
03-29-2019, 06:56 PM
Pleas have add-block, or similar security.

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1143812&lang=en&eid=784045&lid=1143812&ci=64&si=1

JustSaying
03-29-2019, 06:58 PM

This is working for me:
http://www.usagoals.live/c/football/3011489/13/toronto-fc-vs-new-york-city-live-stream/

Kaz
03-29-2019, 07:03 PM
on the plus side it is the best possible line up.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:06 PM

Footybite.com usually has HD streams.

portu
03-29-2019, 07:06 PM
Why does Boyd even deserve a spot on the bench? I’m not at training but simple eyeball test in games tells me somebody has scored 2 goals to date and somebody has put a penalty into orbit that still hasn’t landed. Disheartening if you’re Hamilton.
Akinola and Hamilton both scored goals and played stellar games. One is on the bench and one didn't even make the 18. I'm sorry but straight up if I'm either of them, and especially if I'm JHams, I'm saying fuck this bullshit. Forget the fact that waste of space T Boyd is on the fucking bench.

Edit: I'm going to go on because I'm actually cheesed by this. This club talks about their player pathway so fucking much, but when their young and homegrown players play their hearts out, score goals, draw fouls one week and can't get minutes the next I think that speaks volumes.

Richard
03-29-2019, 07:09 PM
The hype is real, excited to have Poz.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Osorio playing like trash again. Brilliant pass by Pozo.

portu
03-29-2019, 07:18 PM
Hahaha good job boys. That's the luck we need

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 07:19 PM
Any recommendations to pick up the audio from a different source than tsn? Luke Wileman in his glory,, he has babblespeak down to a science. In one sentence, he discusses the NY captaincies, David Villa, NY record from 2018, how many points they have....all while TFC have the ball in the NY end

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 07:23 PM
Any recommendations to pick up the audio from a different source than tsn? Luke Wileman in his glory,, he has babblespeak down to a science. In one sentence, he discusses the NY captaincies, David Villa, NY record from 2018, how many points they have....all while TFC have the ball in the NY end

NYCFC have their own radio if you want to hear that.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:26 PM
Osorio playing like trash again. Brilliant pass by Pozo.

Osorio has lost the ball how many times now? Back to the old Osorio after getting a new contract...

portu
03-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Oso really not having a good match. Overall intensity seems pretty low. Could use a hungry player on the field... Maybe Akinola?????

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 07:28 PM
I will check that..wish they would just call the play and stop trying to give us a soccernews report...so annoying

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Looks like Pozo is playing a Seba role more than a VV.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:39 PM
Pozo playing insanely well.

James17930
This game is a lot slower than I thought it would be. I hope it opens up soon.

Richard
That was beautiful.

jloome
Dope.
Guy can fucking play man

notthesun
03-29-2019, 07:41 PM
That is unreal vision by Pozuelo to see that pass. Wow.

rydermike
03-29-2019, 07:41 PM
Pozo perfect fit so far.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:42 PM
Coulda been another if Osorio weren’t such a bum too.

James17930
03-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Poz still looks a bit tentative and he's still doing well. I can't wait until he gets warmed up.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Poz still looks a bit tentative and he's still doing well. I can't wait until he gets warmed up.

He’s bossing people around pretty good. Should be good to have another captain-quality player on the pitch to help out, plus Jozy telling Akinola where to run last game.

Looking good.

jloome
03-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Holy bullet

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Holy bullet

Morrow is playing out of his mind tonight too.

James17930
03-29-2019, 07:53 PM
This is shades of 2017.

notthesun
03-29-2019, 07:53 PM
And he puts in a shift defensively. Love this guy already.

Richard
03-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Bring in Akinola out wide next half and this should be in the bag.

rydermike
03-29-2019, 07:56 PM
Morrow is playing out of his mind tonight too.
Pozos presence feels like it just makes everyone else better.

witenite
03-29-2019, 08:00 PM
Ill always love gio but man poz has blown me away. He is way better than advertised. He’s going to be the class of mls 2019

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 08:00 PM

He's a great target for that last pass (Even if it's a pass into the net). The players love having more options.

Defoe
03-29-2019, 08:01 PM

Giovinco vs Pozuelo is a damn hard comparison to make but Alejandro will get more out of those around him imo

Pozo is pure quality legit Vázquez and Giovinco hybrid

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 08:03 PM
This Pozo guy ain’t no Andy Welsh. Relieved,. already better than VV in that role. Osorio needs to stop fucking overthinking....he should find open space instead of trying to dribble by everybody...
Delgado making usual harebrain back passes....Morrowand Auro very good...Mavinga back to 2017 ....team looks good so far

Oldtimer
03-29-2019, 08:04 PM
Pozo is very good.

Mikmacdo
03-29-2019, 08:05 PM
Pozuelo is looking great! Auro has been showing me something tonight too. Need to upgrade Delgado and Deleon with the two TAM signings.

Mikmacdo
03-29-2019, 08:07 PM
I would like to see Vanney put Akinola and Ciman in and switch to a 3-4-1-2 at one point in this game.

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 08:07 PM
Pozuelo is looking great! Auro has been showing me something tonight too. Need to upgrade Delgado and Deleon with the two TAM signings.
I promised not to rag on Osorio this year, but unless he starts producing, I can see Vanney sitting him likehe did much of 2017. I have yet to see him do anything special in 2019.

Kaz
03-29-2019, 08:10 PM
.Mavinga back to 2017 ....team looks good so far

This.

I'm very much shocked about it. I expected to see a different NYCFC. This is not the same team. Which is a good thing because it is giving gel time and confidence boosting. A few poor plays defensively but over all we looked more likely to score and really did in the windows where goals tend to happen then they did. That was a big change.

I went into this expecting to see a team that was unlucky to have not won games so far. Instead I'm seeing a NYCFC that was lucky to get ties against the opponents they had. Very Middle Table. (Which isn't a bad thing, if we didn't have Moor and a in form Mavinga this could be a different game.

I'm pleasantly surprised first half.

Yohan
03-29-2019, 08:12 PM
I promised not to rag on Osorio this year, but unless he starts producing, I can see Vanney sitting him likehe did much of 2017. I have yet to see him do anything special in 2019.
yet somehow Oso is credited with 2 assists through 2 and half league games

General Woolfe
03-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Decent enough first half from an attacking standpoint but this game should be dead and buried. We should be much further ahead than a one goal lead. Potswello looks like he can be a competent enough replacement for Vazquez but we still need a replacement for Séba, and I say that with a fit Altidore in the side. He should have scored though instead of firing straight at Johnson.

our defence worries me though. They look decidedly shaky especially when teams run at them. We could really struggle against the better teams in the league if this is not addresssed.

Just what has has happened to Osorio? He has been rank this year (and a large part of last season too) His lazyness cost us a goal when he should have got in front of the defender from Potswello’s cut back. And what the hell was that shot when he was whistled offside? Don’t tell me it was because the play was whistled dead. He should have burst the net from there instead of hitting the corner flag. Was 2017 a fluke season for him, and this is the real Osorio we’re seeing, or is it one of the longest slumps in football history. Either way he needs to get his act together quick.

Once again im impressed with DeLeon, I shudder to think what that right side would be like without him as I’m afraid Auro doesn’t cut it for me. I still maintain the two biggest mistakes we made post 2017 was not giving Séba a new contract immediately and more importantly letting Betashour go.

oh well, onwards and upwards. A quick second would settle my nerves and I just hope we don’t rue those missed chances in the 1st half

p.s. Can TSN please get rid of Caldwell, it’s like listening to the NYCFC Chanel with him broadcasting

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 08:21 PM

Oso pretty much agreeing with KJ he's trying to gel with Poz.

Clearly he's working on it.

Richard
03-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Bono man.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:23 PM
Bono man.

Has he successfully distributed the ball once tonight?

Richard
03-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Cheeky bastard.

Fort York Redcoat
oh well, onwards and upwards. A quick second would settle my nerves and I just hope we don’t rue those missed chances in the 1st half

p.s. Can TSN please get rid of Caldwell, it’s like listening to the NYCFC Chanel with him broadcasting

Settled?

Caldwell crooning on about Poz. Good?

jloome

And been involved in the build on others. Strange how he seems to keep being involved in us scoring goals.:rolleyes:

jloome
03-29-2019, 08:28 PM
The other guy who's really impressing so far is Auro. He must've added fifteen pounds of muscle, for one thing. Marking still isn't perfect but much better so far through three than last year.

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 08:30 PM
Cheeky bastard.

Oooo like that first celebration with our corner!

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:30 PM
The other guy who's really impressing so far is Auro. He must've added fifteen pounds of muscle, for one thing. Marking still isn't perfect but much better so far through three than last year.

People were saying Auro came back fat, as if he’d be playing in that condition....

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 08:31 PM

Ok ya I didn't remember him being so Mack truck-y.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:33 PM
Ok ya I didn't remember him being so Mack truck-y.

Body by Shaqiri.

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 08:36 PM
Body by Shaqiri.

Eww

but accurate.:lol:

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:39 PM
Delgado quietly having a good game.

jloome
03-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Double nutmeg. Dude is sick.

ag futbol
03-29-2019, 08:44 PM
I’d love to see our xG for this game. Should be 5-0

jloome
03-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Best.
Debut.
Ever.

Richard
03-29-2019, 08:46 PM
What the fuck!

ag futbol
03-29-2019, 08:46 PM
That. Was. Outrageous.

Finally Osorio didn’t overthink something

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:47 PM
That. Was. Outrageous.

Absolutely disgusting. He’s looking absolutely dominant.

“Belgian league sucks, right guys? How good could this guy be?”

jloome
03-29-2019, 08:48 PM
Absolutely disgusting. He’s looking absolutely dominant.

“Belgian league sucks, right guys? How good could this guy be?”

There were a number of American fans on mlssoccer ragging on TFC for hiring someone who wasn't worthy of the money.

Hehheh.

Richard
03-29-2019, 08:48 PM
MVP, and dare I say better than Giovinco? He is younger has many years left.

Loyal
03-29-2019, 08:49 PM
Never mind the two goals - he did things within the game rarely seen in this league

If you have ever wondered what a true world class player looks like....

A replacement for Auro Jr. who struggled all night and we are a true contender!

notthesun
I'm dumbstruck. That's a top 5 TFC goal all-time. I can't believe he did that!!

Tfc/lfc
Just wow'at this guy. Outstanding!

jloome
Delgado had a good game.

ag futbol
There were a number of American fans on mlssoccer ragging on TFC for hiring someone who wasn't worthy of the money.

Hehheh.
Unlike Matri, who made a real impact on this game.

jloome
03-29-2019, 08:50 PM
No nerves from the kid on the finish. Man, NY have given up now.

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:51 PM
“I DID IT FOR THE ‘GRAM!” - Chapman

notthesun
Dare I say vibes of 2017 right now...

ag futbol
I think we just knocked NYCFC into the Chivas USA level of the power rankings

ag futbol
03-29-2019, 08:52 PM
“I DID IT FOR THE ‘GRAM!” - Chapman
Rumour is the goal is already on Snapchat

TFC Tifoso
Sebawho?

Wow.

Fort York Redcoat
That. Was. Outrageous.

Fantastic. Seriously, can we say that he improved to a level we want to see every match, all match. And that he did it in one match.

*don't worry we'll revisit his quality level every match. ;)

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 08:53 PM
Rumour is the goal is already on Snapchat

Pozo skill osmosis to his substitute.

Tdot_LFC
03-29-2019, 08:57 PM
That was an incredible debut for Pozuelo. Team moving the ball very well in general. Very enjoyable win here.

Yuushalinsky
03-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Remember, this is a man who wants you to watch his play rather than describe it. We hear you loud and clear, Maestro.

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 09:02 PM
First 3 wins to start the season. Huh.

I'll be looking to see what Chicago does this weekend.

Poz on the mic. Adorable.

Welcome

So much Welcome

jloome
03-29-2019, 09:04 PM
First 3 wins to start the season. Huh.

I'll be looking to see what Chicago does this weekend.

Poz on the mic. Adorable.

Welcome

So much Welcome

Us and Seattle. Hmmm..... round three anyone?

Richard
03-29-2019, 09:06 PM
Poz promised the president he would make the panenka penalty haha.

James17930
03-29-2019, 09:08 PM
I predicted 4 - 1.

Sorry to have underestimated our defence.

Fort York Redcoat
03-29-2019, 09:08 PM
Us and Seattle. Hmmm..... round three anyone?

Hey now

Can we enjoy this ride please?:p

I'll gladly revisit it after next Saturday though. Rave Greeners coming up soon!

ManUtd4ever
03-29-2019, 09:09 PM
What an absolutely phenomenal debut. Pozuelo is even better than advertised. The whole team fed off him and looked fantastic in possession.

We got our swagger back boys.

ag futbol
03-29-2019, 09:10 PM
Lost in all this is probably Auro’s best game. He beat the shit out of NYC all night

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 09:18 PM
Lost in all this is probably Auro’s best game. He beat the shit out of NYC all night
I agree. His pass on that Chapman goal was sublime, and he never quit.
Delgado played well, but he needs to get at least one shot on goal before he retires.
Everyone had a good game. It helped that NY was brutal.

Mikmacdo
03-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Never mind the two goals - he did things within the game rarely seen in this league

What? Auro was pretty good.

notthesun
03-29-2019, 09:25 PM
I need a good shot of Jozy's reaction to Pozuelo's chip. I need it.

benito
03-29-2019, 09:29 PM

I had the same reaction as Jozy!

barticusz
03-29-2019, 09:35 PM
Well I’ll be. I was hopeful Poz would come in and deliver a decent enough performance to keep the naysayers back. But holy hell.

For all those comments that came in saying TFC aren’t going to spend any money, that MLsE only care about hockey, that we’re going back to the early TFC years what do you say now.

We’re not going to win every game like this but I think it is clear that MLSE cares about this team performing at the top and Poz is going to help us unlock teams as well as VV ever did. I feel like he’ll bring this team together more than Gio did as well which is even more exciting.

What a debut.

Defoe
03-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Giovinco had some pretty amazing games; as far as regular season games go, this performance from Alejandro has to possibly be the best ever. He did everything.

Pozo at 27 and 4 million > Giovinco, 32 and his wage demands. We'll see it how plays out over 34 games and playoffs but pretty confident MLSE made the right investment here.

Oldtimer
03-29-2019, 09:46 PM
Well I’ll be. I was hopeful Poz would come in and deliver a decent enough performance to keep the naysayers back. But holy hell.

For all those comments that came in saying TFC aren’t going to spend any money, that MLsE only care about hockey, that we’re going back to the early TFC years what do you say now.

We’re not going to win every game like this but I think it is clear that MLSE cares about this team performing at the top and Poz is going to help us unlock teams as well as VV ever did. I feel like he’ll bring this team together more than Gio did as well which is even more exciting.

What a debut.

Paging ensco.... :-p

Pozo is more of a team player than Giovinco. Like Vazquez did he makes the whole team better.

I thought Morrow had a pretty poor second half, not that it mattered.

Auzzy
03-29-2019, 09:48 PM
That was beautiful.

Areathrasher
03-29-2019, 09:48 PM
That was simply....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/37022343cff73367804d4c11a369b9f7/tenor.gif?itemid=9554280

stevep
03-29-2019, 09:49 PM
I have been following giovinco games.
The Al halil games pop up on my cellphone. I think it has been 6 games in a row gio hasn't scored.

69Chevy396
03-29-2019, 09:51 PM

Pozo is more of a team player than Giovinco. Like Vazquez did he makes the whole team better.

Seba was league MVP, largely due to his 16 assists.

burlington Red
03-29-2019, 09:51 PM

strange analysis on Auro.

Detroit_TFC
03-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Well, alrighty then.

69Chevy396
I have been following giovinco games.
The Al halil games pop up on my cellphone. I think it has been 6 games in a row gio hasn't scored.
He can’t get a good espresso, or glass of Italian wine, in that place.

Auzzy

I loved near the end, we're up by a bunch of goals to nothing, NYC tries a breakaway down Auro's side. Auro is probably tired as hell after running all game, but he harassed the NYC player like crazy near the half-way line, w/o committing a foul, and totally killed their play.

oranje boven
03-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Someone mentioned our swagger back and I have to agree. Not juston the field but you could feel it in the stands, even at 1-0 at half the mood was good, you knew we we seeing a new positive team. If this keeps up look for tickets to start to become in demand again.

Blixa
03-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Fcuk me, that was amazing.

TFC/Everton
03-29-2019, 10:03 PM
That was an incredible performance from Poz. I can't remember the last time we dominated a game like that (Probably 2017).

We also have lots of TAM available to reinforce and improve. A winger and a defensive player at 1 million a piece and we are the best team in MLS again.

However, I will say all the "Giovinco who?" stuff on twitter is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Seba is a TFC legend. What he did for this club can be measured in trophies, MLS records, fan interest and front page headlines. No need to pretend he never mattered to us.

Anyway, great night!

General Woolfe
03-29-2019, 10:03 PM
That’ll do for me....

Some truly outstanding passages of attacking play from TFC tonight, capped off with a really world class third from Pozuelo (It was so good I learn to spell his name right) If he can maintain his stamina throughout the season (Bearing in mind hes almost played a full season in GentJ and we can keep Jozy fit, we should be looking forward to an exciting season ahead on the attacking front.

It was of course a superb debut by the Spaniard topped off by his second goal which was just absolutely sweet. Let’s remember Johnson is no mug of a goalie either, and to chip him like that was just utter class. I’ve never been a fan of the ‘Panenka’ but that one in particular seemed to hang in the air for an eternity. I’d much rather a player take a decent run up and put his laces through it when it comes to PKs, but you can’t complain about the outcome. I’m not sure the old ticker could stand many more like that one tonight. It’s only one game I know but he strikes me more as an attacking midfielder rather than a playmaker in the Vazquez mould, but hopefully this will help compensate for the Giovinco goals we’ll undoubtably miss this year. I still think we need a replacement for the Italian, maybe not quite at the same level, but let’s spend our GAM & TAM on a forward with a proven record he can score in this league. Otherwise its Akinola & Boyd as back ups for Jozy, not enough if we’re to make serious challenge for the MLS Cup.

I’ll spare you all the moans as it doesn’t seem right after a four goal victory and a masterclass from our new designated player. However the real test of whether or not we can be contenders this year will come in two weeks time when we travel to Seattle. I still hadve reservations about our ability to defend as a team, but we’ll leave that for another time. It must be said though NYCFC were horrific tonight and it’s amazing how far they have fallen so quickly from the Vierra/Villa era. However, as the saying goes, you can only beat what’s in front of you, and the Reds certainly beat their opponents tonight in a convincing manner (you have to wonder all the same how the second half would have gone had Medina buried that chance early in the second half rather than smack the post) In retrospect VAR got everything correct tonight as frustrating as it was not to get the first two ‘goals’. Absolutely no doubt they got the Altidore penalty call spot on. Although I think the big man might have embellished it a tad, he was clearly being hauled back by Callens, which stopped Jozy from getting in place to get a header on goal

So, onwards and upwards TFC. Let’s hope this great start in term of points means we’re going to enjoy another 2017 type season. If we address a few of our problems, I see no reason why we can’t. I certainly feel a lot better after tonight’s performance than I did two weeks ago

COYR!!! :scarf:

Player Ratings
Bono:6
Auro: 6
Moor:6
Mavinga:6
Morrow: 7
Delgado: 5
Bradley:6
DeLeom:7
Osorio:5
Altidore:8
Pozuelo:9

Chapman:7
Akinola:4
Boyd: 4

Bushmancan
03-29-2019, 10:10 PM

i know now it will be hard, but let’s not compare the two. Completely stellar first game, still can’t figure out if he is left or right footed. It is true the whole team looked better. I know the paneka and the chip were sick but imho it was the small things, unlocking Jozy at least three times, the quick touches at midfield to keep possession that were mesmerizing.

i will always love Gio and I think he got bad advice but we have a new era and let’s hope this is the first of many remarkable nights.

Oso and Deleon look rock solid on the left and right but look out if we add pace and one more defender for depth to this team.

Come on You Reds!

General Woolfe
03-29-2019, 10:17 PM
Don’t want to put a downer on a great night but I can’t agree with that at all. Give me Betashour every day of the week. Yes he did great in the assist for Chapman, but that was his sole contribution all night from my perspective. He is a horrible player defensively, it’s like playing without a full back at all sometimes. The middle third is probably where he makes his greatest contribution, but too often he breaks up attacks by stopping and playing a sideways pass to a midfielder rather than hit the by line and whip over a telling cross. He is a player I just can’t take to. Last year I thought it was because of VDW, but if it wasn’t for the contributions of DeLeon our right flank would be completely impotent.

TheSloanRanger
03-29-2019, 10:18 PM
That performance, and those highlights, will drive the fence sitters back into BMO. I know it’s early, but we have exciting football

pfk
03-29-2019, 10:21 PM
Wow, what a debut! Poz was brilliant. That second goal is definitely up there in all-time best TFC goals.

Even though NYCFC was not very good, that felt like a last-2017 TFC domination. If we get a few more TAM signings and stay healthy, this team will go far.

I’m pumped for this year.

MKR
03-29-2019, 10:26 PM
wow. That was something else. Looks like the team that was last season has been erased from memory. Can't find anything negative after watching that game.

I saw some auro criticism earlier in this thread which to me is hilarious. Auro played awesome and had some real brilliant moments tonight. I think a large part of that is due to pozuelo. Its like his presence alone has lifted the spirits and confidence of this team. You could see it in osorio too. I think hes the one player who's going to benefit the most from the pozo addition. Although maybe Jozy will disagree.

OgtheDim
03-29-2019, 10:33 PM
Pozos smile and humility are going to go a long way in this town.

We will lose games.

He will make mistakes and go out of form.

But that attitude is going to bring in a LOT of people.

Oldtimer
03-29-2019, 10:33 PM
He can’t get a good espresso, or glass of Italian wine, in that place.

Actually, it's beer that makes him score! Especially one thrown by a fan.

Auzzy
03-29-2019, 10:34 PM
That Panenka was premeditated. Arrest Pozo for first-degree murder on Sean Johnson!

https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1111812887977312256

Oldtimer
03-29-2019, 10:37 PM
i know now it will be hard, but let’s not compare the two. Completely stellar first game, still can’t figure out if he is left or right footed. It is true the whole team looked better. I know the paneka and the chip were sick but imho it was the small things, unlocking Jozy at least three times, the quick touches at midfield to keep possession that were mesmerizing.

i will always love Gio and I think he got bad advice but we have a new era and let’s hope this is the first of many remarkable nights.

Oso and Deleon look rock solid on the left and right but look out if we add pace and one more defender for depth to this team.

Come on You Reds!

To make it clear, I loved Gio, I'm just looking at the whole team dynamic. You can't really compare the two players, they have different qualities. Pozo is more comparable to Vazquez, and even then plays a different kind of game.

Hamilton_Red
03-29-2019, 10:43 PM
I predicted 4 - 1.

Sorry to have underestimated our defence.

I thought that Auro had an excellent game...Moor was outstanding for me he was back to his best.

ag futbol
03-29-2019, 10:46 PM
Don’t want to put a downer on a great night but I can’t agree with that at all. Give me Betashour every day of the week. Yes he did great in the assist for Chapman, but that was his sole contribution all night from my perspective. He is a horrible player defensively, it’s like playing without a full back at all sometimes. The middle third is probably where he makes his greatest contribution, but too often he breaks up attacks by stopping and playing a sideways pass to a midfielder rather than hit the by line and whip over a telling cross. He is a player I just can’t take to. Last year I thought it was because of VDW, but if it wasn’t for the contributions of DeLeon our right flank would be completely impotent.
I think the opta stats for this game more than back that Auro had a good game.

This may well be down to football philosophy. I noticed you rated Morrow higher on the opposite flank. He is literally where the attack goes to die on most plays down the left side. Players are pleading for him to make more aggressive runs or setup for simple 1-2's but he isn't capable. As soon as he hot-potato's the ball to his teammate in the corner, he turns into a statue, offering no option but a negative pass backwards. However, he's conservative with his positioning and rarely caught out defensively. That said, the only real chance NYCFC had this game Morrow does a terrible job closing out Medina, who walks straight inside and hits one off the post.

Dust settles on this game, Auro literally has twice the pass numbers Morrow does and a much higher passing percentage because his teammates know they can give him the ball and he'll keep it moving. Somebody else makes the runs forward and Auro finds them the ball, Morrow is looking backwards for the easy pass because his range is limited. His teammates realize this too, so unless he's in a good amount of space they rarely use him as an outlet. He's also a bit behind the play offensively in terms of his positioning and anticipating the play.

Now that said i think both guys are usable fullbacks in this league. But you can't compare the defensive presence of a guy who is tasked to get forward a huge amount each game with another who is basically an after thought in the final third despite poaching the odd goal.

Canary10
03-29-2019, 10:47 PM
Panenka on your first penalty?!!! That was insane.

The two most ridiculous goals I’ve ever seen together.

catz4ever
03-29-2019, 10:47 PM
Wow!!!! So worth the wait!!! I loved seeing how the TFC embraced him and taught him the drums. We all saw how great the team played, I’m not going to comment on how one or two players played not so good. The best thing about tonight was how it was an actual team effort and not an individual effort. One of things that I loved from Poz tonight was how when he got subbed off he went to ref spoke I think some kind words and shook his hand, that’s another example of him being a world class player. Also, loved the lack of drama on field that we use to get from Gio. He will always be a TFC legend, but it was time start a new chapter and last season was a great example of that.

MightyDM
03-29-2019, 11:07 PM
Brilliant night.

Osorio was playing out of his mind - great little touches, insightful passes, and tracking back to make a great defensive play stopping a good goal scoring opportunity - I don't get the hate on for him on these boards, its just weird; Deleon was a monster, worked incredibly hard and was effective, as was Bradley (a couple of brain cramps aside). Auro looked good, Chapman took his goal superbly. And WHAT A DEBUT! Defense still a bit rocky, but from inside the stadium, the team was on fire. The only big negative, again from inside the stadium, was VAR - it kills momentum, spirit, passion. Our whole area was wondering if Jozy's goal was going to be called back and only sort of half cheered. They need to seriously reconsider this going back and looking for fouls in the buildup or offsides. Let the game play man. Penalties, ok, because the game stops anyway, but calling Deleon's offside from 30 seconds before the goal? Come on.

stevep
03-29-2019, 11:16 PM
Brilliant night.

Osorio was playing out of his mind - great little touches, insightful passes, and tracking back to make a great defensive play stopping a good goal scoring opportunity - I don't get the hate on for him on these boards, its just weird; Deleon was a monster, worked incredibly hard and was effective, as was Bradley (a couple of brain cramps aside). Auro looked good, Chapman took his goal superbly. And WHAT A DEBUT! Defense still a bit rocky, but from inside the stadium, the team was on fire. The only big negative, again from inside the stadium, was VAR - it kills momentum, spirit, passion. Our whole area was wondering if Jozy's goal was going to be called back and only sort of half cheered. They need to seriously reconsider this going back and looking for fouls in the buildup or offsides. Let the game play man. Penalties, ok, because the game stops anyway, but calling Deleon's offside from 30 seconds before the goal? Come on.

Osorio was third best player on the pitch tonight according to the audi index. his rating was 600 points just behind pozo and jozy

leedsandTFC
03-29-2019, 11:30 PM
we will win the supporters shield this year

jazzy
03-29-2019, 11:32 PM
In person it was quite unbelievable. Pozeulo runs all the time his defensive efforts are simply in another class compared to Seba . This is like an extra man on the field . He was far ahead of the majority of teammates in his soccer IQ and caught a surprised a few with his quick feet . But to their credit the team seemed to jump on his back and enjoy the Adrenalin . BTW does anyone else have an heart attack every back pass to Bono . He is far too casual . On one effort I thought a Mavinga in his slide to save an errant kick from a Bono was going to get injured . He did make one great save but , our keeper is inconsistent. And credit to Bradley , who simply stayed out of the way and let Pozeulo have room .

C.Ronaldo
03-30-2019, 12:08 AM
In person it was quite unbelievable. Pozeulo runs all the time his defensive efforts are simply in another class compared to Seba . This is like an extra man on the field . He was far ahead of the majority of teammates in his soccer IQ and caught a surprised a few with his quick feet . But to their credit the team seemed to jump on his back and enjoy the Adrenalin . BTW does anyone else have an heart attack every back pass to Bono . He is far too casual . On one effort I thought a Mavinga in his slide to save an errant kick from a Bono was going to get injured . He did make one great save but , our keeper is inconsistent. And credit to Bradley , who simply stayed out of the way and let Pozeulo have room .

Bono is just too bad of a passer for the money he earns

Defoe
03-30-2019, 12:14 AM
Brilliant night.

It's an expectations thing and his style of play. He's pretty slow in pace and moving the ball at times. He also got a raise recently, maybe some don't think he's worth it or it inflates their expectations.

He's actually technically very gifted though, he's good with ball, he can move it around and an overall very good possession player who can keep up with better players. Your right he makes a lot of great little touch's and he definitely does track back.

If people can just accept him as a slow, technically gifted possession player that helps out the team but will never be explosive or the main focus of attack, people will be much happier with him.

Defoe
03-30-2019, 01:08 AM
The only downer is the lack of football love in this country. God bless MLSE for spending money on some quality players. One day the masses will be pullled away from Blue Jays coverage.

Well, we only need to sell out 30,000 for 17 regular season games, some concacaf stuff and playoffs.

We're already around 25-26 k on average so one day it will be 30 k every game

Brooker
03-30-2019, 01:46 AM
http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4kecr699T1r5r8duo1_500.gif

GuelphStorm2007
03-30-2019, 02:07 AM
I just finished watching the game There ball movement was great, Still need some help on the backline but that will work itself out hopefully

James17930
03-30-2019, 02:13 AM
I just finished watching the game There ball movement was great, Still need some help on the backline but that will work itself out hopefully

Yeah, the way they were moving the ball around was amazing. I was shocked that the half-time possession stat for TFC was only 53%. I thought for sure it was going to be in the 70s.

GuelphStorm2007
03-30-2019, 02:29 AM
Yeah, the way they were moving the ball around was amazing. I was shocked that the half-time possession stat for TFC was only 53%. I thought for sure it was going to be in the 70s.
YA James me to I actually thought it was like 60% at the least but nonetheless great performance last night , I am liking from what I see from this team They seem like a motivated bunch and I like that

GuelphStorm2007
03-30-2019, 02:33 AM
The only downer is the lack of football love in this country. God bless MLSE for spending money on some quality players. One day the masses will be pullled away from Blue Jays coverage.
All TFC needs to do Is just keep winning and hopefully people will notice. The best part of a TFC game is the Fan experience some thing You do not see at a Jays, or Leafs game very sedaited corporate crowd over there

Gringo Starr
03-30-2019, 05:04 AM
It's only been one game but Poz = MLS G.O.A.T..

OgtheDim
03-30-2019, 06:02 AM

The first 6 minutes, TFC couldn't get the ball. The offside play that led to the Morrow called back goal was against the run of play. NYC wants to press but move the ball out of the back methodically.

Still think our defence sucks. Bono's distribution was bad. And we have this tendency to not deal with plays & get ourselves into trouble. Auro was great going forward & he stifled the fast NYC kid who came on in the end. I think he defensively pairs well with De Leon (who once again had a solid steady MLS quality game). Morrow was on a bit of an island as Delgado tucked in more.

NYC was way less then I thought they would be. No Maxi Morales meant nobody pulling the strings. Mitrita is really a LWF (which apparently the new guy Herber is too). David Silva's work rate & ability to hold the ball is sorely missed. Their defence has been this bend / not break exercise since they started. Ring as DM worked to change that - until this game. Toronto got through the NYC press pretty easily & that wasn't just Pozuelo.

The NYC brain trust hasn't really figured out their identity yet, which is an indictment on Man City Group. They allowed their team to become "whatever David Silva could do with the cast around him while the rest of us try to play out of the back". Mitrita is a good DP but he's not the type that will take a game by its throat and win it singlehandedly. You want to play like Man City in MLS - then build a 4-3-3 like that with better full backs who are a threat out wide & a true DP forward who just scores.

They also brought in a coach not as adaptable as Vierra who consistently underestimates the need to manage a team against its opponents. Just not impressed by them last night. There is a reason why they have only 4 wins out of his 20 games.

We had a great game - lots of positives. But our opponent was drek.

ensco
03-30-2019, 06:07 AM

MLSE aren’t serious if we don’t sign Pato.

———;-/

Just kidding.

I was wrong. I don’t get the business case for signing Pozo, so it’s a good thing I don’t run the team!!

MightyDM
03-30-2019, 07:12 AM
The first 6 minutes, TFC couldn't get the ball. The offside play that led to the Morrow called back goal was against the run of play. NYC wants to press but move the ball out of the back methodically.

Still think our defence sucks. Bono's distribution was bad. And we have this tendency to not deal with plays & get ourselves into trouble. Auro was great going forward & he stifled the fast NYC kid who came on in the end. I think he defensively pairs well with De Leon (who once again had a solid steady MLS quality game). Morrow was on a bit of an island as Delgado tucked in more.

NYC was way less then I thought they would be. No Maxi Morales meant nobody pulling the strings. Mitrita is really a LWF (which apparently the new guy Herber is too). David Silva's work rate & ability to hold the ball is sorely missed. Their defence has been this bend / not break exercise since they started. Ring as DM worked to change that - until this game. Toronto got through the NYC press pretty easily & that wasn't just Pozuelo.

The NYC brain trust hasn't really figured out their identity yet, which is an indictment on Man City Group. They allowed their team to become "whatever David Silva could do with the cast around him while the rest of us try to play out of the back". Mitrita is a good DP but he's not the type that will take a game by its throat and win it singlehandedly. You want to play like Man City in MLS - then build a 4-3-3 like that with better full backs who are a threat out wide & a true DP forward who just scores.

They also brought in a coach not as adaptable as Vierra who consistently underestimates the need to manage a team against its opponents. Just not impressed by them last night. There is a reason why they have only 4 wins out of his 20 games.

We had a great game - lots of positives. But our opponent was drek.

David Villa!

i agree with your comments, spot on, with one exception - the NYC press vanished fairly early on, not to be seen again.

MightyDM
03-30-2019, 07:14 AM
It's an expectations thing and his style of play. He's pretty slow in pace and moving the ball at times. He also got a raise recently, maybe some don't think he's worth it or it inflates their expectations.

He's actually technically very gifted though, he's good with ball, he can move it around and an overall very good possession player who can keep up with better players. Your right he makes a lot of great little touch's and he definitely does track back.

If people can just accept him as a slow, technically gifted possession player that helps out the team but will never be explosive or the main focus of attack, people will be much happier with him.

He was great last night. A key piece in the ball movement on almost every goal, including the ones VAR ruled out. He’s not Poz or Giovinco but he is a skilled, highly effective, hard working player. And he is ours. What’s not to like?

RichieRich
03-30-2019, 07:54 AM
I know it's bee one game but MLSE should issue Pozo stickers for our new magnet calendars. :smile:

benito
03-30-2019, 08:34 AM

There’s a good shot of his reaction in this highlight package.

https://youtu.be/2qlFV7E_4Io

andyboy
03-30-2019, 08:47 AM
OK maybe this has been done before but what the hell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q1FvCRtYXs

Kaz
03-30-2019, 08:50 AM
There was some good in this game. There was a lot of good. The attacking playing was nice to see.

I hadn't realized NYCFC was such a shadow of it's former self. Much like TFC last year they were making mistakes. Early this week I listed off 6 times I figured goals would come. I wasn't far off. I complain about TFC's Defensive failures at the beginning of a half, and after a goal.

NYCFC could have easily scored (yay posts) early in the second half. TFC scored or nearly scored within a few minutes of every other mark. NYCFC was scared of Pozo, Jozy and Osorio which prevented them from going all out. The instant the third sub came on the pitch TFC slowed the attack and NYCFC started looking more dangerous.

This was a great game. However, the fact a goal was nearly given up early in the second half yet again right inside the first 5 minutes because of sloppy defensive play is still something everyone should be concerned about. The moment the attack was slowed we started to see a poorer defensive shape.. this is something that has to be seriously watched.

We started the pest possible 11 tonight and it was great to watch....

Just remember Defoe seemed amazing his first game too so lets becareful with the expectations.

All that being said... there is a lot to look forward to and the boys can be proud and should be today.

MightyDM
03-30-2019, 09:04 AM
There’s a good shot of his reaction in this highlight package.

https://youtu.be/2qlFV7E_4Io

watching that, the boys look really happy together. Struck by the fact that it was Chapman who came to get Poz to play the drum.

Redcoe15
03-30-2019, 09:54 AM
3-0-0 to start the season. First. Time. Evah! g:D

Last night's game was 2017 like dominant. Poz was everything he was advertised as. The team controlled the play throughout most of the match and never letup at any time. And yeah, our side thoroughly beat a poor NYCFC, but that's what good teams are supposed to do with the weaker ones.

This could be another memorable year.

:scarf:

Thomas
03-30-2019, 10:11 AM
What a great night at BMO, and a fantastic debut for Poz. Where are “the sky is falling” people? The Reds are fully deserving of credit here.

SoccMan2
03-30-2019, 10:27 AM
It looks like Morrow is back to his 2017 form he has looked like his 2017 self again. He was a big part of the 2017 success and they need the 2017 Morrow in 2019 .

jazzy
03-30-2019, 10:30 AM
Next 3 games will be more realistic , Chicago ( with Gaitán) , Seattle ( how do we stop Morris) and a newly inspired Minnsota , please don’t take lightly . Get past this stretch and we’re for real . It’s exciting at least . With an improved goal keep , our D could be solid .

Richard
03-30-2019, 10:47 AM
We should also praise VAR yesterday, the ref's were making good decisions throughout the game. +1

Derko
03-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Great game and let's not forget, you have to beat the teams that are around you or below you in skill, and your games at home, it just builds confidence, yes there will be games that are a lot tougher, but we must give credit where it is due.
It was quoted somewhere above, a RPB's disdain for Hamilton and Akinola not getting the start even though they played well at the home opener, which is a shame, but if your best XI are healthy and fit you play them, this isn't a charity league, perhaps JHams didn't show up and impress in training, he has been known to do that, he will get his chances during the run of schedule.

MightyDM
03-30-2019, 10:59 AM
We should also praise VAR yesterday, the ref's were making good decisions throughout the game. +1

cant fully agree with you. Using VAR to go back in time to a foul or an offside ruins the flow of the game and sucks a lot of the life out of the experience in stadium. The first VAR was ruling DeLeon offside, which was way earlier in the play. The result was that in our part of the stadium nobody was sure whether to cheer for Jozy’s Goal or not because we were all wondering if it would be reviewed. They need to get rid of that kind of review. PK’s ok because the play is already stopped, or should be.

jazzy
03-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Next 3 games will be more realistic , Chicago ( with Gaitán) , Seattle ( how do we stop Morris) and a newly inspired Minnsota , please don’t take lightly . Get past this stretch and we’re for real . It’s exciting at least . With an improved goal keep , our D could be solid .

MightyDM
03-30-2019, 11:13 AM
None of the three teams we have played have really attacked our suspect defence by either pressing hard (like Red Bulls do) or counter attacking at pace like Atlanta. That makes it hard to tell about our defence. We will see. In the meantime, that was fun. Boy was that fun.

oranje boven
03-30-2019, 11:29 AM
Couple of game experience points... 1. The pitch improvement is significant. 2. I enjoy how they are playing the TFC Legend song with player intros. 3. The Go Transit debacle after the game. A 7pm Jays start and a 8pm TFC start is bound to clash. So they decide to bring in an extra W/B train but have it arrive on the normal E/B track. Now we had a large number of people who were trying to go in the opposite direction of the masses thru the tunnel to get to track 4, only for GO to switch ideas and have the train go to Union and come back on track 1. Felt bad for fans with small kids or our senior fans.

Hamilton_Red
03-30-2019, 11:29 AM
None of the three teams we have played have really attacked our suspect defence by either pressing hard (like Red Bulls do) or counter attacking at pace like Atlanta. That makes it hard to tell about our defence. We will see. In the meantime, that was fun. Boy was that fun.

This is true - the very important thing is that we have racked up 9 points while giving the defence time to gel and settle. A clean sheet was important last night & I thought Moor’s performance was under appreciated - he organized the group well.

Steve

TFC1986
03-30-2019, 11:31 AM
Lots of unorganized plays last night. Vanney and the boys need to stay in position and communicate.
Our defense when attack is at average.
Seeing even Pozo and Bradley over running all over the field, will confuse other non experience TFC players that are one dimensional.
A couple pages back here, someone has rated the players and I say that's pretty accurate.
Attacking was on point. And ref was pretty good last night, compared to other refs we had.

Shway
03-30-2019, 11:35 AM
There was sooo many obvious positives.... so i list some negatives.

Bono - is continuing to decline, he is so suspect especially with his distribution.

Delgado - is another. Think he needs a new change as he doesn't do much forward for me. Times when he should display composure, hes just hoofing it. He has never seen a pass backward that he doesn't like, and it will take away from the affect Pozo can have when teams will literally man mark him.

Jozy - No complaints other than him being noticeably unfit, which is fine. But we definitely will need another striker for when he's gone. Cause Boyd aint it.

Hamilton_Red
03-30-2019, 12:01 PM
There was sooo many obvious positives.... so i list some negatives.

Bono - is continuing to decline, he is so suspect especially with his distribution.

Delgado - is another. Think he needs a new change as he doesn't do much forward for me. Times when he should display composure, hes just hoofing it. He has never seen a pass backward that he doesn't like, and it will take away from the affect Pozo can have when teams will literally man mark him.

Jozy - No complaints other than him being noticeably unfit, which is fine. But we definitely will need another striker for when he's gone. Cause Boyd aint it.

This is fair. Bono - doesn’t look like a #1 anymore. Delgado - is cringeworthy when he lines up for a shot. Boyd - doesn’t seem like he has added anything even depth...takes a spot from a youth player.

ag futbol
03-30-2019, 12:02 PM
cant fully agree with you. Using VAR to go back in time to a foul or an offside ruins the flow of the game and sucks a lot of the life out of the experience in stadium. The first VAR was ruling DeLeon offside, which was way earlier in the play. The result was that in our part of the stadium nobody was sure whether to cheer for Jozy’s Goal or not. They need to get rid of that kind of revie. PK’s ok because the play is already stopped, or should be.
Agreed. That's looking too far backwards in the play to be reviewed.

Really, MLS needs to beef up its training and compensation for officials. Especially linesmen. Using VAR as a safety blanket will not save anyone's bacon.

ag futbol
03-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Couple of game experience points... 1. The pitch improvement is significant. 2. I enjoy how they are playing the TFC Legend song with player intros. 3. The Go Transit debacle after the game. A 7pm Jays start and a 8pm TFC start is bound to clash. So they decide to bring in an extra W/B train but have it arrive on the normal E/B track. Now we had a large number of people who were trying to go in the opposite direction of the masses thru the tunnel to get to track 4, only for GO to switch ideas and have the train go to Union and come back on track 1. Felt bad for fans with small kids or our senior fans.
The city needs to hurry up and fix the tunnel situation. They are playing with fire continuing to let this go on, 10+ years in.