stevep
03-18-2019, 09:25 AM
At the game last night.
Supporters section full as always
200's west side were pretty full
100's west side full
100's on east side fairly full
200's on east side looked pretty sparse maybe 25% full

I think the problem for TFC sales office this year is going to the east side 200's

mind you it was freezing last night. i had long johns on, 3 shirts winter jacket, two pairs of socks, boots and I was shivering by the 40th minute
a lot of people left at halftime, the seats looked a lot emptier

on a side note a few of the regular season seat holders near me were not at the game. did they not renew? or just too cold last night?
will know in a few more games

Section_105
03-18-2019, 09:40 AM
200's on east side looked pretty sparse maybe 25% full....

mind you it was freezing last night. i had long johns on, 3 shirts winter jacket, two pairs of socks, boots and I was shivering by the 40th minute
a lot of people left at halftime, the seats looked a lot emptier

i'm in lower east so was wondering why it was only 23k when it looked really full. that explains it.

oh, and Hand Warmers from Canadian Tire. 10 pack for like 12 bucks. put em in your gloves or your pockets and hold on to them an they will add far more warmth than another shirt layer. makes it easier to hold those cold beer cans as well :)

OgtheDim
03-18-2019, 09:43 AM
At the game last night.
Supporters section full as always
200's west side were pretty full
100's west side full
100's on east side fairly full
200's on east side looked pretty sparse maybe 25% full

I think the problem for TFC sales office this year is going to the east side 200's

Agreed on all that.

The Top tier on the East are not as good seats as the West but about the same price - they need to rethink those.

03-18-2019, 10:55 AM
I'm on the 100s east side as well and it looked reasonably full from my vantage point. But above me looked pretty empty when I saw it on TV.

You will get the occasional full house for premium games during the summer, but they will likely average lower to mid 20s for the rest of the games.

Tickets aren't cheap anymore. They are priced like Jays tickets now, in some cases, they are even more expensive.

CBTFC
03-18-2019, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't put too much weight on attendance for last night's game...It was on a Sunday night, in March, at the end of March break (tons of parents and people preparing to return to school/etc after 7-10 days off).

Yesterday's game should've been during the afternoon, we all know that.

Kaz
03-18-2019, 11:23 AM
Agreed on all that.

The Top tier on the East are not as good seats as the West but about the same price - they need to rethink those.

Actually I really like sitting up there. You get a decent view, it is my preferred Cost/View seats. I do get why people would want to avoid them though. They are really steep.

Prof
03-18-2019, 12:13 PM
i'm in lower east so was wondering why it was only 23k when it looked really full. that explains it.

oh, and Hand Warmers from Canadian Tire. 10 pack for like 12 bucks. put em in your gloves or your pockets and hold on to them an they will add far more warmth than another shirt layer. makes it easier to hold those cold beer cans as well :)

2 for my gloves, 2 for my boots and 2 in my back pockets and you don't even feel the cold.

Scotty74
03-18-2019, 12:57 PM
The cost of tickets in the 200's in the East is an issue as well, I bought for the Minnesota game in April, back few rows were $40 but if you wanted like half way down, center field in section 207, tickets were over $60, which is too much imo

noimpactinmtl
03-18-2019, 05:01 PM
The cost of tickets in the 200's in the East is an issue as well, I bought for the Minnesota game in April, back few rows were $40 but if you wanted like half way down, center field in section 207, tickets were over $60, which is too much imo

The thing about tickets, is that the prices usually bottom out on StubHub and SeatGeek.

FootBallAZ
03-18-2019, 06:05 PM

my seasons are 207 row 3 center line, paying over 2k for sure

ensco
03-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Those upper deck seats, I am repeating myself but I never understood that, when there was lots of room in the corners... that was for the Grey Cup, which seemed dumb (heck it's still dumb)

90% of them are the worst seats at BMO.

If TFC want them full for more than 3 or 4 games, they will have to price them at $10, the way Seattle and Atlanta price their upper decks

James17930
03-18-2019, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't put too much weight on attendance for last night's game...It was on a Sunday night, in March, at the end of March break (tons of parents and people preparing to return to school/etc after 7-10 days off).

Yesterday's game should've been during the afternoon, we all know that.

I agree. Given all that, 23k+ is actually very good. And I can tell you, watching it on TV, it sounded like way more. The noise was fantastic.

SoccMan2
03-18-2019, 07:38 PM
Those upper deck seats, I am repeating myself but I never understood that, when there was lots of room in the corners... that was for the Grey Cup, which seemed dumb (heck it's still dumb)

90% of them are the worst seats at BMO.

If TFC want them full for more than 3 or 4 games, they will have to price them at $10, the way Seattle and Atlanta price their upper decks
I agree why build that upper deck on the east side when they could have just filled all the open spaces behind both nets and all the open corners, but this is Canada and North America where they seem clueless when building stadiums, I’ll repeat BMO Field is one of the worst stadiums in the MLS in terms of design and how open it is and I doubt even with the World Cup coming they will still get it wrong with the BMO upgrades for the World Cup.

Kaz
03-18-2019, 10:11 PM
I agree why build that upper deck on the east side when they could have just filled all the open spaces behind both nets and all the open corners, but this is Canada and North America where they seem clueless when building stadiums, I’ll repeat BMO Field is one of the worst stadiums in the MLS in terms of design and how open it is and I doubt even with the World Cup coming they will still get it wrong with the BMO upgrades for the World Cup.

Because you can see the Entire Pitch end to end. 207 is really great to watch from to me. I've sat nearly everywhere but the south end. Watching from the Ends is not enjoyable. In the hold Hospitality structures was the best place to watch in the North End. Even in the "new stands" in the north it wasn't great to watch. The corners 219 226 isn't great. I find I enjoy setting in 207 around row 20 as much as I do when I have been in back 123.

I've sat in 122, 123, 125, 219, 221, 226, 129(old), 102 (old), 132 (old), 105, 109, 204, 206, 207 and 208. I've really explored the seating. I have sat in 207 4 times now. It is the first place I look for a ticket. I think it gets a bum rap.

stevep
03-18-2019, 11:08 PM
Because you can see the Entire Pitch end to end. 207 is really great to watch from to me. I've sat nearly everywhere but the south end. Watching from the Ends is not enjoyable. In the hold Hospitality structures was the best place to watch in the North End. Even in the "new stands" in the north it wasn't great to watch. The corners 219 226 isn't great. I find I enjoy setting in 207 around row 20 as much as I do when I have been in back 123.

I've sat in 122, 123, 125, 219, 221, 226, 129(old), 102 (old), 132 (old), 105, 109, 204, 206, 207 and 208. I've really explored the seating. I have sat in 207 4 times now. It is the first place I look for a ticket. I think it gets a bum rap.

I like 223, the lower rows. I now have very similar seats in 108. same height from field near middle of the pitch. However, I don't like west side too many people for one area at halftime.
it is not possible to get a beer and washroom in 15 minutes on that side.
i think west side you dont get the cold wind as much and you definitely don't get the sun in your eyes like on east side

James17930
03-19-2019, 12:09 AM
I think there will be over 28k next game (assuming the weather is decent).

MightyDM
03-19-2019, 07:10 AM
I like 223, the lower rows. I now have very similar seats in 108. same height from field near middle of the pitch. However, I don't like west side too many people for one area at halftime.
it is not possible to get a beer and washroom in 15 minutes on that side.
i think west side you dont get the cold wind as much and you definitely don't get the sun in your eyes like on east side

I am on the West Side, upper. You get the wind. And the rain. Trust me.

But need a good bladder, that’s true.

paul-collins
03-19-2019, 07:59 AM
I'm in 205 close to 206 and I can confirm the seats are excellent for viewing. I'm in the lower numbers for row so I have quick access to the entrance, which means I never line up for my first choice of washroom or concession, only the second (or, if I'm lucky, third) errand requires a wait.

I moved this year from row 11 (above the entrance) to row 3 (below the entrance) this year and liked it this weekend. We'll see how it goes once the crowd fills in... Lots of already-drunk St Patty's celebrants on Sunday.

BritSOL
03-19-2019, 01:12 PM
I'm in 205 close to 206 and I can confirm the seats are excellent for viewing. I'm in the lower numbers for row so I have quick access to the entrance, which means I never line up for my first choice of washroom or concession, only the second (or, if I'm lucky, third) errand requires a wait.

I moved this year from row 11 (above the entrance) to row 3 (below the entrance) this year and liked it this weekend. We'll see how it goes once the crowd fills in... Lots of already-drunk St Patty's celebrants on Sunday.

I am also 205 row 3 on the end next to 206 Been there 4 years now. Like you say, quick access in and out.

stevep
03-19-2019, 01:26 PM
walking the red has a code now for 25% seats TFCRED
i tried to get seats on ticketmaster and there was no where to enter the code

this makes my season seats less valuable

OgtheDim
03-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Its the rows about 10 that are difficult to get people to come back for. I was in row 20 sec 207 last year for a couple of games & although the view is great in a "hey this is like watching a game on TV from White Hart Lane" sort of way, the in an out is not easy.

69Chevy396
03-19-2019, 01:56 PM

For the 17 final, I opened all 10. Boots, mitts, pockets, under parka hood. Down my underwear.

69Chevy396
03-19-2019, 01:59 PM

I was in row 2, for 2016 and 2017....Terrific section.

stevep
03-19-2019, 02:28 PM
walking the red has a code now for 25% seats TFCRED
i tried to get seats on ticketmaster and there was no where to enter the code

this makes my season seats less valuable

not so sure about this statement any more.
i studied the tickets for NYCFC game. Very few seats available in the 100's. in the 200's only availability is generally really high up

I guess they are trying to get bums in the really high up seats that are not worth current prices.(as some on this board have pointed out)

Toronto Ruffrider
03-19-2019, 04:19 PM
I think 23k for a home opener in mid March is pretty good. I have seasons in Section 210, Row 18, which is about as exposed to the wind as you get. It was cold, but not very windy on Sunday. I had lots of thermal layers on, and although the weather was far from ideal, we've had worse days at BMO. The festive atmosphere and winning performance certainly warmed things up. :)

The seats in the east-side upper deck are a little higher/farther from the pitch than the equivalent upper-deck tickets on the west side, so in that respect the former tickets are overpriced. That said, I feel like the amenities are back on the east side - i.e. more washrooms, concession stands, etc.

paul-collins
03-20-2019, 09:47 AM
I am also 205 row 3 on the end next to 206 Been there 4 years now. Like you say, quick access in and out.
Wait was that you complaining about the cigarette smoke from the drunks over our right shoulder? My son and I are in row 3 right beside you (well, 4 seats in)

It hadn't even occurred to me what I was smelling but I was glad you noticed ... One thing I noticed having moved down from row 11 is that I can't hear the travelling supporters nearly as well. Not sure if that's good or not, I kind of enjoyed the commotion. But I will say the lower rows mean that I don't have the Toronto Late Arriving Fan stream blocking my view.

BritSOL
03-20-2019, 06:35 PM
Wait was that you complaining about the cigarette smoke from the drunks over our right shoulder? My son and I are in row 3 right beside you (well, 4 seats in)

It hadn't even occurred to me what I was smelling but I was glad you noticed ... One thing I noticed having moved down from row 11 is that I can't hear the travelling supporters nearly as well. Not sure if that's good or not, I kind of enjoyed the commotion. But I will say the lower rows mean that I don't have the Toronto Late Arriving Fan stream blocking my view.

Yes, that was me. I have no issues with people smoking until I can smell it.

GuelphStorm2007
03-20-2019, 08:31 PM
23 k for a game on a Sunday night in mid march is okay . Still dumb to play at that time though Thanks TSN