PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 2 - NER @ TFC Sunday March 17 7:30pm - I had a thought, dear

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-07-2019, 11:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrleydRwWms

I will not ask you where you came from
I will not ask you, neither should you

Have at It People

ManUtd4ever
03-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Genk couldn't have agreed to release Poz a couple of days earlier?

Mikmacdo
03-07-2019, 12:23 PM
It could have been the summer window so lets not complain too much. At least Jozy will be back!

—-Ciman Moor Mavinga
Auro-Delgado-Bradley-Morrow
—-Deleon-Jozy-Osorio

I expect another 3 points even without POzuelo that’s a solid lineup.

Fort York Redcoat
03-07-2019, 09:21 PM
NE looked beatable in their first week. Let's see if they change much this weekend.

Mikmacdo
03-07-2019, 10:13 PM
NE looked beatable in their first week. Let's see if they change much this weekend.
They only have one DP player, they should be beatable.

Section_105
03-08-2019, 09:58 AM
NE just seems to have our number far too often when we should really have steam rolled them. weird little team that.

Kamp Berg
03-08-2019, 10:17 AM
NE just seems to have our number far too often when we should really have steam rolled them. weird little team that.

Just like we always seem to have Phillies. Just goes to show how much mentality matters to playing well.

Auzzy
03-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Well maybe they could have negotiated about that for a few more months... :-/

ManUtd4ever
03-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Well maybe they could have negotiated about that for a few more months... :-/

I'm glad the deal's done, I just want us to have our cake and eat it too. :P

Section_105
03-08-2019, 01:19 PM
I'm glad the deal's done, I just want us to have our cake and eat it too. :P

Your other Red team took down PSG. thats enough cake for you :)

stegosaurus
03-08-2019, 02:33 PM

I hope this is true, but I’d be surprised if Jozy gets trotted out on the slip n slide — meaning we will only have one too.

Mikmacdo
03-08-2019, 02:40 PM
I hope this is true, but I’d be surprised if Jozy gets trotted out on the slip n slide — meaning we will only have one too.

The grass should be in better shape by then? I think at worst he plays as a sub.

OgtheDim
03-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Tomorrow is the last day forecasted where the temps don't get above freezing at some point. But there is only 1 night when it doesn't go below freezing.

The pitch ain't gonna grow much grass in the next 10 days.

jabbronies
03-08-2019, 03:14 PM
It could have been the summer window so lets not complain too much. At least Jozy will be back!

Are you sure? I thought he wasn;t due back until the home opener?

There;s no way they use him in NE on that fucking player killing shit field.

Joe Kool
03-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Tomorrow is the last day forecasted where the temps don't get above freezing at some point. But there is only 1 night when it doesn't go below freezing.

The pitch ain't gonna grow much grass in the next 10 days.

Booooo for your facts and lack of optimism....but of course I think you are right. :)

OgtheDim
03-08-2019, 03:44 PM
Booooo for your facts and lack of optimism....but of course I think you are right. :)

The optimisim of 2017 has to die for the realism of 2019 to live. :coolgleam:

Chubbs
03-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Are you sure? I thought he wasn;t due back until the home opener?

There;s no way they use him in NE on that fucking player killing shit field.

This is the home opener.

jabbronies
03-08-2019, 05:56 PM
This is the home opener.

Oh shit! Bye-week.

James17930
03-08-2019, 06:33 PM
Is it bad that I'm 100% expecting a win here? Is my optimism going to get my heart crushed?

I think that the 4-0 loss really woke us up, and the two games since then have been pretty solid, and in theory we can only get better, and we're at home, and we'll have Jozy available ...

I just think that's a good stew to get us the win. I have heady visions of us being 2-0-0 and then having Poz come in and he lights up the league. Gives me goosebumps!

PizzaEatingYeti
03-09-2019, 03:27 AM
Is it bad that I'm 100% expecting a win here? Is my optimism going to get my heart crushed?

I think that the 4-0 loss really woke us up, and the two games since then have been pretty solid, and in theory we can only get better, and we're at home, and we'll have Jozy available ...

I just think that's a good stew to get us the win. I have heady visions of us being 2-0-0 and then having Poz come in and he lights up the league. Gives me goosebumps!

I totally agree with you, except the bolded part.
I saw nothing solid in the 1-1 game at home with the Panama team.

James17930
03-09-2019, 07:11 PM
I totally agree with you, except the bolded part.
I saw nothing solid in the 1-1 game at home with the Panama team.

Well, maybe not solid, but at least more like ourselves ... Like, remembering how to actually play properly.

Fort York Redcoat
03-10-2019, 08:36 AM

After watching highlights of NE vs Columbus I can 100% agree with you. NE improved over the week but they can be riled. We should have this.

spe18
03-10-2019, 10:00 AM

Uhhh....I'm not actually sure the number of DPs a team has is indicative of how good or bad a team is.

I'm sure other factors include the general make up of the team, formations, style of play, chemistry, coaching abilities/motivations, etc.

Mikmacdo
03-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Uhhh....I'm not actually sure the number of DPs a team has is indicative of how good or bad a team is.

I'm sure other factors include the general make up of the team, formations, style of play, chemistry, coaching abilities/motivations, etc.

There’s definitely a correlation between spending and winning in football. Especially in MLS with DPs, would TFC be better off with just one DP?

stegosaurus
03-10-2019, 12:43 PM
The grass should be in better shape by then? I think at worst he plays as a sub.

Maybe it’ll be thawed out by then.

spe18
03-10-2019, 03:57 PM
There’s definitely a correlation between spending and winning in football. Especially in MLS with DPs, would TFC be better off with just one DP?

i would suggest you take a look at the 2013 Sporting KC & 2015 Portland Timbers team.

And btw - there's a chance Toronto FC will have one 1 DP on the field for the home opener. So based on your interpretation, each team will have 1 DP a side, which evens it out.

Also, it's not just the number of DPs you have and how much you spend - it's also a question if the DP fits correctly into the system.

stegosaurus
03-10-2019, 04:36 PM
i would suggest you take a look at the 2013 Sporting KC & 2015 Portland Timbers team.

And btw - there's a chance Toronto FC will have one 1 DP on the field for the home opener. So based on your interpretation, each team will have 1 DP a side, which evens it out.

Also, it's not just the number of DPs you have and how much you spend - it's also a question if the DP fits correctly into the system.

Oddly enough, there was a chart on Reddit listing the number of players over maximum salary charge (not necessarily DPs), and it was interesting to see that teams not considered to be spenders actually had more players over the maximum charge than those who spend big.

OgtheDim
03-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Our defence isn't good enough to keep NER off the scoresheet. We are going to need 3 goals minimum to win.

Hamilton_Red
03-10-2019, 10:03 PM

I’d say that there have been more poor DP signings than good ones. TFC’s record of signing DP’s was abysmal...the rest of league has been as bad... Gerrard, Lampard, Kaka, Howard, Pirlo, etc has Vancouver ever signed a real DP even? The football would be better if they had a $20 Million cap... and abolished all the other rubbish DP, TAM, GAM, etc.

stegosaurus
03-10-2019, 10:51 PM
I’d say that there have been more poor DP signings than good ones. TFC’s record of signing DP’s was abysmal...the rest of league has been as bad... Gerrard, Lampard, Kaka, Howard, Pirlo, etc has Vancouver ever signed a real DP even? The football would be better if they had a $20 Million cap... and abolished all the other rubbish DP, TAM, GAM, etc.

But you’re just listing bad DPs (Kaka wasn’t all that bad, and Lampard wasn’t awful considering he was injured during most of his stint at NYCFC).

There are plenty of good DPs, and someone like Zlatan wasn’t even a DP his first year at LAG.

MLS is still basically in its infancy, probably loses a bunch of money (TFC does) every year, and has basically no TV market compared to other sports.

Having a low cap may affect club quality but it allows teams with money to spend as much as they want on a few players so that the stingy owners don’t abandon their teams, and a low spending team can still be competitive.

I’m not defending MLS’ wage structures, but saying that clubs can all of a sudden spend 5-10x as much means basically no one is hiring domestics, but also there are no marquee signings or superstar players drawing average population spectators to the stadium.

There are currently teams who don’t even want DPs let alone actually spend on their starting 11. Raising the cap won’t fix that either.

zorsofstesab
03-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Was the home opener not scheduled for a 1:30pm start time? When/why did it get changed to 7:30pm?

Cas87
03-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Was the home opener not scheduled for a 1:30pm start time? When/why did it get changed to 7:30pm?

TSN.

They have F1, The Players in the PGA and NASCAR all in the afternoon at different times on their 5 channels.

Probably moved TFC to the night slot to maximize the ad revenue (as they really isn't much on a Sunday night).

sn0re
03-11-2019, 09:50 AM
TSN.

They have F1, The Players in the PGA and NASCAR all in the afternoon at different times on their 5 channels.

Probably moved TFC to the night slot to maximize the ad revenue (as they really isn't much on a Sunday night).

F1 starts very early (like 1am) in the morning because the first race is in Melbourne

Cas87
03-11-2019, 10:29 AM
F1 starts very early (like 1am) in the morning because the first race is in Melbourne

Repeats later on the in the morning and in the afternoon depending on the feed (with a couple of EPL games)

SarniaTFC
03-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Is there a march or anything planned?

Auzzy
03-11-2019, 01:05 PM

Yeah it was changed a while ago. Such dumbfuckery to do that in mid-March in Toronto. Yeah I know TSN would have influenced that, but it's like they want the team to fail. Sunday early afternoon it will be nice & sunny, a bit above freezing, relatively good conditions for the players. So they move it 7:30pm, when it will be cold, dark, and miserable. Yes I'll still be there of course, but lots of other people won't be, and you have to wonder what the players think about it.

Richard
03-11-2019, 05:46 PM
Absurd scheduling.

ag futbol
03-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Good grief, they have to put an end to this nonsense. At the end of the day you can’t schedule around every other sporting event out there and expect that to = ratings.

MightyDM
03-11-2019, 07:39 PM
yes its a terrible time for a kick off in March. All the early spring games should be 3pm kick offs. Unfair to the players, the fans, and the spectacle

Hamilton_Red
03-11-2019, 10:11 PM
that’s just crazy scheduling. Almost contemptable treatment of fans. Home opener and we’ll have 10k fans in the stadium. What was the attendance for the CoNcacaf game btw?

Joe Kool
03-11-2019, 11:38 PM
yes its a terrible time for a kick off in March. All the early spring games should be 3pm kick offs. Unfair to the players, the fans, and the spectacle

Agreed. Not only is it in the evening on a cold March day but it is on a Sunday evening. Not sure about everyone else but I prefer Saturday over Sunday evenings. Our preference is low on the totem pole though when it comes to scheduling but maybe they should think about the players instead then.

Mike_S
03-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Good grief, they have to put an end to this nonsense. At the end of the day you can’t schedule around every other sporting event out there and expect that to = ratings.

I agree with your argument, though in general, Sunday night prime time is the BEST time to be on TV.

andyboy
03-12-2019, 01:49 PM
I don't like all your song choices... just most of them! Thanks Og!

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2019, 04:41 AM
New England losing their home opener with Columbus is the worst possible result for TFC.
New England will be motivated like crazy to fight to get at least 1 point from TFC, otherwise they will have a total shitty start of 1 point from 9 possible.

So I see this coming match a lot more difficult for TFC than the game with Philly.
I think it will be a 1-0 or 2-1 win for TFC, but with a lots of emotions.

I hope I'm wrong, and won't be that difficult...
Anyways, beginning with 2 wins from 2 would be a sensational start from TFC, given all the conditions.

James17930
03-13-2019, 05:48 AM
Yes, a win would be amazing, regardless of how messy it is.

DinamoTFC
03-13-2019, 07:51 AM
New England losing their home opener with Columbus is the worst possible result for TFC.
New England will be motivated like crazy to fight to get at least 1 point from TFC, otherwise they will have a total shitty start of 1 point from 9 possible.

So I see this coming match a lot more difficult for TFC than the game with Philly.
I think it will be a 1-0 or 2-1 win for TFC, but with a lots of emotions.

I hope I'm wrong, and won't be that difficult...
Anyways, beginning with 2 wins from 2 would be a sensational start from TFC, given all the conditions.

Normally and logically I would agree with you. But last year seeing TFC lose 2 3 or 4 in a row after losing one game has taken all logic out of me.

Hopefully this is unsettling the REVS like it did for us and we come away with the win.

Joe Kool
03-13-2019, 08:25 AM
Normally and logically I would agree with you. But last year seeing TFC lose 2 3 or 4 in a row after losing one game has taken all logic out of me.

Hopefully this is unsettling the REVS like it did for us and we come away with the win.

Revs seem to have our number sometimes but hopefully MLS home opener will give the boys enough emotion to pull us out a win and maybe intimidate the other team a bit. It all depends who adapts better to our lovely sandy pitch on the day I would say. Hopefully the team has been training at a beach to get ready for it :)

Section_105
03-13-2019, 08:44 AM
Revs seem to have our number sometimes but hopefully MLS home opener will give the boys enough emotion to pull us out a win and maybe intimidate the other team a bit. It all depends who adapts better to our lovely sandy pitch on the day I would say. Hopefully the team has been training at a beach to get ready for it :)

This. need to get back to this stadium being a huge benefit for the team. Need to get the rest of the stadium as up for the game as the south end to provide what we can

PizzaEatingYeti
03-13-2019, 09:47 AM

I'm lazy to look up stats, but IMO the Revs have our number just in their shitty stadium, not at the BMO field.
So much, that from any 10 games played at Gilette stadium, I would expect 1 win, 2 draws and 7 losses for TFC, no matter of the momentarily shape, form, or position in the league table of any of these 2 teams.

ag futbol
03-13-2019, 10:10 AM
I agree with your argument, though in general, Sunday night prime time is the BEST time to be on TV.
True, can’t help if the stands are half empty though

DinamoTFC
03-13-2019, 10:28 AM

Only when we play at Gillette stadium. We can never win there and the Revs play like a totally different team. But at BMO we have won the last few games handedly. So I think we got this.

Auzzy
03-13-2019, 10:59 AM

They should really replace the team benches & sideline seating with beach chairs. Own it, be proud of it! :D

Ultra & Proud
03-13-2019, 11:18 AM
The Gillette stadium advantage is that carpet they call a pitch. Usually teams rest their good players for matches there and the ones who do play seem to take it easy on it because they're probably worried about turning an ankle or knee.

Valdal
03-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Why is this board so dead?

Joe Kool
03-13-2019, 12:48 PM

Everyone is on the FedEx site.

Nuvinho
03-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Everyone is on the FedEx site.
lol!!!!

stegosaurus
03-13-2019, 01:45 PM

Fine! This thread is now the Nick Hagglund, MLS Player of the Week thread.

Please discuss anything Nick here!

TheSloanRanger
03-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Fine! This thread is now the Nick Hagglund, MLS Player of the Week thread.

Please discuss anything Nick here!

I even saw him doing a weather report for a Cincinnati news channel !!!

Valdal
03-13-2019, 02:56 PM
I dont mean just this thread I mean the whole message board. Where are all the dam Fans? At least on Real GM with the Raptors and HF Board with the Leafs they are populated daily with content and conversation

Ultra & Proud
03-13-2019, 03:02 PM
I dont mean just this thread I mean the whole message board. Where are all the dam Fans? At least on Real GM with the Raptors and HF Board with the Leafs they are populated daily with content and conversation
Our FO is silent about everything and there's no leaks at all. Not much to talk about that hasn't been covered earlier. Also this match is the Revs. Not exactly exciting stuff.

Richard
03-13-2019, 03:42 PM

I take it you were not here for the Seba/Pouzelo transfer soap.

There are many great posters here.

OgtheDim
03-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Well if you want content...

weather

formation

opponents

officials

beer choices

OgtheDim
03-13-2019, 04:02 PM
https://thecup.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/ted-unkel-300x150.jpg

Joe Kool
03-13-2019, 04:22 PM

Feel free to add some content instead of just complaining about it.

OgtheDim
03-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Transit for this weekend -

Going to or from Union via GO OK.

But no subway via Union.

http://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/Mar_16-17_StGeorge_to_King_L1.jsp

Omar
03-13-2019, 08:30 PM
If the weather isn't too bad, I expect the atmosphere to be raucous in this year's home opener. Last year, the Crew's first goal killed much of the excitement in the air, and I hope that we can start better than we did last year.

CBTFC
03-15-2019, 09:12 AM
Is it an actual 7:30-7:40 kickoff, or a 7:30 1/2 hour pregame TSN show and then 8pm kickoff?

***yes I know, it shouldn't matter what time kickoff game is because I should be in my seat 2 hours before the game ;) :P

Cas87
03-15-2019, 09:29 AM
Is it an actual 7:30-7:40 kickoff, or a 7:30 1/2 hour pregame TSN show and then 8pm kickoff?

***yes I know, it shouldn't matter what time kickoff game is because I should be in my seat 2 hours before the game ;) :P

Looking like a hard 7:30-7:40 kick-off as TSN only has 2 hours scheduled for the game on their site

James17930
03-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Gah, why is this game taking so long to arrive?

I'm dying here. Dying!

Smokecell
03-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Guinness and TFC...what a fantastic combination for Sunday :drinking:

jazzy
03-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Guinness and TFC...what a fantastic combination for Sunday :drinking:

That is unfortunately missing inside our home stadium c/o bland beers by bud .....

sn0re
03-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Any march to BMO confirm yet?

Section_105
03-15-2019, 12:46 PM

In the SSH package it says they will do one an hour before each game. This is the club march probably with those drummers that end up at everything the club sets up.

Will there be a SG March though? That is what I would like to see and would actually participate in.

Lil'John
03-16-2019, 05:14 PM
No posts on this thread today.
A worrying lack of interest in our Home Opener in general, I sense.

69Chevy396
03-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Hard to get excited about this team this year.

Mikmacdo
03-16-2019, 06:54 PM

I'm excited for pozuelo, it would be nice if they could add a few more pieces before the game on the 29th. The weather also sucks.

69Chevy396
03-16-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm excited for pozuelo, it would be nice if they could add a few more pieces before the game on the 29th. The weather also sucks.
Imagine the Penguins announcing the sudden departure of Crosby and Malkin. Lot of long faces entering that stadium.

SarniaTFC
03-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Imagine the Penguins announcing the sudden departure of Crosby and Malkin. Lot of long faces entering that stadium.

Wtf are you talking about??

SarniaTFC
03-16-2019, 07:46 PM
My thoughts exactly!!!

OgtheDim
03-16-2019, 08:50 PM
I don't trust our defence.

We should be favourites. Its our home opener. At our field, under the lights, in weather we should be used to. We should win this.

That might be the narrative but we as likely will lose this one and lose it in a way to leave a sour taste in our mouths. Cause I don't trust this defence, especially against a young physical bunch.

Jozy will come off the bench at some point. Until then, we play with the same team that did a smash & grab to win in Philly. I predict the 5-4-1 which morphs into a 3-6-1 or a 3-4-3. I suspect we will spend lots of time going down the left only for crosses to not get into the box. I also predict Auro will spend a lot of time on the ball on the right but not make the quick enough pass to spring De Leon.

De Leon though is the one player who might make this go differently.

Why?

He goes forward.

In order for us to succeed, we MUST move the ball faster in attack. The field will again be a sand pit so its going to bounce around but if we move the ball quick across the bumps, we are in with a chance. If we don't make attempts at cutting the ball in, we will fail.

OgtheDim
03-17-2019, 06:40 AM
GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scarf::flare::drinking:

So overnight the expected temperature for kickoff went up a few degrees. Now supposed to be 3.

For reference, that's about the temperature for the home opener versus DCU in 2014 that we all thought was the coldest thing ever. (Oh, the naivete of youth)

Redpunkfiddle
03-17-2019, 07:06 AM
GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scarf::flare::drinking:

So overnight the expected temperature for kickoff went up a few degrees. Now supposed to be 3.

For reference, that's about the temperature for the home opener versus DCU in 2014 that we all thought was the coldest thing ever. (Oh, the naivete of youth)

Pretty sure Portland 2011 was worse.

ensco
03-17-2019, 07:24 AM
Pretty sure Portland 2011 was worse.

Agree. The pipes all froze in the bathrooms and concessions.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:28 AM

Well...this week. Up till Poz gets here.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:33 AM

https://tce-live.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/ce87ff34-18d1-41dd-9637-26f31131724b.jpg

it was not a trade

it was a sale

:sosp:

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:37 AM
Looking forward to getting through this transition time. Sneak the win. NE is ripe for the picking.

We really lucked out with the sched.

Defoe
03-17-2019, 07:48 AM
Looking forward to getting through this transition time. Sneak the win. NE is ripe for the picking.

We really lucked out with the sched.

Ya the schedule has been so amazing. 2 winnable games vs opponents we can beat and an off week to give us time to get Altidore and Pozuelo. Great

daner90
03-17-2019, 09:53 AM
Lets goooo! So excited to get back to BMO to support the reds!

DinamoTFC
03-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Lets do this! Let's be loud in the stands!

shwade
03-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Undefeated!

Brooker
03-17-2019, 11:18 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/c34f8008988755fc342607744d943f6e/tumblr_mv0aonff3t1slgwnjo1_400.gif

7 hours......

PizzaEatingYeti
03-17-2019, 01:42 PM
I will be shocked if there will be more than 20,000 "real" butts in the seats for this one.
The official number may be 24-25 k though... like purchased tickets, "invited" folks and season ticket holders total.

RedsYNWA
03-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Enough with the DOOM & GLOOM. I predict a better finish than last season. We have a great player coming in that is 500% better than Vasquez We will have a healthy Altidore, & Mavinga. PLAYOFFS BABY :scarf:

Mikmacdo
03-17-2019, 02:21 PM
Enough with the DOOM & GLOOM. I predict a better finish than last season. We have a great player coming in that is 500% better than Vasquez We will have a healthy Altidore, & Mavinga. PLAYOFFS BABY :scarf:
I am with this guy!

The team sucked because of injuries last year.

They might have a hard time scoring goals until Pozuelo, Jozy and a winger or two are added but this team is still solid. LETS GO!

Brooker
03-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Anybody, anybody in red PLEASE feel free to score first.... deflection off your junk, I don't care. FFS.

Early would be nice, too.

Derko
03-17-2019, 03:39 PM
I am in St. Lucia so anyone feel free to post a stream link

Valdal
03-17-2019, 03:49 PM
I am in St. Lucia so anyone feel free to post a stream link

I am also looking for one

Auzzy
03-17-2019, 04:00 PM

Post something exciting!

TFC1986
03-17-2019, 04:13 PM
TFC wins this game easily!

Brooker
03-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Post something exciting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRk9nwvVH20

Omar
03-17-2019, 04:17 PM
You know, as bad as NE have been, Carles Gil is still a huge threat. I'm not sure we'd do enough to stop him. He cannot be afforded any space on the ball else we'll be likely to concede. We need to do what we can to shut him down.

TomLawrence
03-17-2019, 04:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRk9nwvVH20
Brilliant, this video cuts off the part where he takes off the bass though which is the best part.

jloome
03-17-2019, 04:44 PM
I'm calling another Michael Bradley goal.

I didn't know this until today but he's still the U.S. record holder for most goals scored in a European first division in a season, from his one season playing in the hole for Hereenven.

Also, anyone know if we ever got ",,,and a player development program for Toronto FC players at Roma's training facility.[23] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bradley_(soccer)#cite_note-23)" as cited on Wikipedia?

portu
03-17-2019, 05:17 PM

I didn't know this until today but he's still the U.S. record holder for most goals scored in a European first division in a season, from his one season playing in the hole for Hereenven.

Also, anyone know if we ever got ",,,and a player development program for Toronto FC players at Roma's training facility.[23] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bradley_(soccer)#cite_note-23)" as cited on Wikipedia?
Jozy had like 20+ for AZ one season though

Prof
03-17-2019, 05:23 PM
I will be shocked if there will be more than 20,000 "real" butts in the seats for this one.
The official number may be 24-25 k though... like purchased tickets, "invited" folks and season ticket holders total.

Why so negative. Love your team and get out and support.

TomLawrence
03-17-2019, 05:47 PM

As Portu says Altidore had more at AZ and Dempsey also had more in his final season at Fulham.

stevep
03-17-2019, 06:07 PM

The go train is pretty full.
Maybe everybody is drunk today and took the train or should be normal crowd

OgtheDim
03-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Play your kids week. Should be interesting.

Valdal
03-17-2019, 06:14 PM
ANyone have a stream please love you long time

James17930
03-17-2019, 06:15 PM
Here we go!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D15OJpJX4AIV9fJ.jpg:large

69Chevy396
03-17-2019, 06:19 PM
I predict, 0-0

barticusz
03-17-2019, 06:22 PM
As others have mentioned if anyone has a stream, sharing it would be greatly appreciated.

James17930
03-17-2019, 06:23 PM
I predict, 0-0

3 - 0 for us!

Here's a stream:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1136065&lang=en&eid=778522&lid=1136065&ci=64&si=1

If anyone finds a better one, please post it. Since the /r/soccerstreams subreddit was taken down, it's been harder for me to find HD streams.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 06:35 PM
3 - 0 for us!

Here's a stream:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1136065&lang=en&eid=778522&lid=1136065&ci=64&si=1

If anyone finds a better one, please post it. Since the /r/soccerstreams subreddit was taken down, it's been harder for me to find HD streams.

I would never use a stream, because I love giving money to our glorious overlords, but I saw on that they’d switched over to a website that is a variation of the words “soccer” and something you do when you eat food.

Who knows, could even be an HD stream on there right now.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 06:39 PM
Huh. Mavinga went on loan to Genk in 2011.

James17930
03-17-2019, 06:41 PM
I would never use a stream, because I love giving money to our glorious overlords, but I saw on that they’d switched over to a website that is a variation of the words “soccer” and something you do when you eat food.

Who knows, could even be an HD stream on there right now.

Thanks, I'll look for it later. The one I posted is actually very good and stable right now.

Yohan
03-17-2019, 06:44 PM
back to 4-3-3?

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Huh. Mavinga went on loan to Genk in 2011.

From Liverpool. Also part of the M’Villa/Griezmann/Niang nightclub thing.

Yohan
Hamilton... might just be as good as Chad Barrett. didn't anticipate that he might get a free header on that Morrow cross

James17930
back to 4-3-3?

Or a 4-4-2 with the fullbacks pushing up high.

Yohan
03-17-2019, 06:47 PM
yep. stone cold PK.

portu
03-17-2019, 06:48 PM
What the hell kind of tackle.

Literally right behind Bunbury. Like zero angle to make a challenge.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 06:48 PM
I swear, if you just let Bunbury go, he puts that into row z.

James17930
03-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Yes, Mavinga is one of the best tacklers in the league, but he's really really gotta stay on his feet more.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 06:50 PM
I swear, if you just let Bunbury go, he puts that into row z.

Maybe he was just exacting revenge for the national team treason...

Because that was a bad move.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Maybe he was just exacting revenge for the national team treason...

Because that was a bad move.
Yep, his national team prospects have gone the way of his hairline. He’d be a marginal squad player for Canada these days, if that. How times are changed.

portu
03-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Play your kids baby jesus Ayo Akinola

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 06:54 PM
Nice goal. New England look terrible

rydermike
Ayo Giokinola

portu
Terrence Boyd gonna get traaaaaded

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Play your kids baby jesus Ayo Akinola

‘murican Messi!

James17930
03-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Who needs TAM?

rydermike
03-17-2019, 06:57 PM
From two DP strikers to two Homegrown strikers.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Ted Uncle blows. Our guys are getting obstructed on every 1-2 and he just stares into space blankly.

James17930
03-17-2019, 07:01 PM
BMO looks pretty full. I guess we can stop worrying about that now.

Yohan
Mavinga absolutely getting pwned by freaking Bunbury

Kaz
I'm busy with other things tonight sadly but... I quickly looked over at the score.. I didn't even have to guess when the first goal came... I just knew it was a defensive mistake in the first 10 minutes. Nice to see one back though.

portu
03-17-2019, 07:05 PM
That's the difference for Hamilton right now. That needs to be finished rather than fumbled

rydermike
03-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Lol commentators had to start talking with random comments because they heard the NE coach say s--- and needed to drown out in case he said something worse lol

James17930
03-17-2019, 07:13 PM
The pitch also looks pretty decent too. No sand flying up anywhere.

portu
03-17-2019, 07:15 PM
Akinola and Hamilton are really going to suffer if we start playing Altidore up top alone. They both deserve and need minutes right now. Hungry guys.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:16 PM
I'm busy with other things tonight sadly but... I quickly looked over at the score.. I didn't even have to guess when the first goal came... I just knew it was a defensive mistake in the first 10 minutes. Nice to see one back though.

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/eeyore-gif-8.gif

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:17 PM
Akinola and Hamilton are really going to suffer if we start playing Altidore up top alone. They both deserve and need minutes right now. Hungry guys.

Well I think Jozy will be subbed in. Not a lot of mins stolen. Not for a match or two.

rydermike
03-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Mavinga didn't get carded for the pk right?

portu
03-17-2019, 07:21 PM
Well I think Jozy will be subbed in. Not a lot of mins stolen. Not for a match or two.

Once we get into the season though.

Feel bad for both of them to be honest. They could work as hard as possible and never see the pitch so long as Altidore is available.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 07:21 PM
Bradley has been really good so far

James17930
03-17-2019, 07:23 PM
You know, as long as we play like this, I don't even care if we draw or lose.

This is the TFC I love to see.

rydermike
03-17-2019, 07:23 PM
That will get called back

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:24 PM
Once we get into the season though.

Feel bad for both of them to be honest. They could work as hard as possible and never see the pitch so long as Altidore is available.

Well I'd make the best of it. It'll keep them hungry to steal those mins.

Yes with the investment we'll have a duty to sub in Jozy but goals get jobs.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 07:25 PM
I’d be shocked is that’s not coming back

portu
Oh I fucking love this.

rydermike
Huge break. That was blatantly offside

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Lol.

Officiating in this league hasn’t even progressed to a semi pro level

RedsYNWA
03-17-2019, 07:28 PM
We have Luck on our side BABY:drum:

rydermike
Lol at MlS ruling that equivalent to a directed pass back by the defender. Obviously was a deflection and deflections don't negate offsides.

James17930
Something like this happened in the EPL last week and they allowed it, no?

Fort York Redcoat
I’d be shocked is that’s not coming back

Take the $ and run.

rydermike
03-17-2019, 07:29 PM
New England will get a bunch of biased calls in the 2nd half to make up for that. I won't complain if we get terrible officiating the rest of the game. Ref needs to make up for that brutal decision

Detroit_TFC
03-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Well, that was more watchable than I expected. Throw Pouz into that, might be pretty decent.

notthesun
03-17-2019, 07:30 PM
I feel like we've been screwed over by VAR way more times than it's helped us so I selfishly have no problem with that goal :p

Bradley has been a monster, the kids up top all doing their jobs. Good half.

portu
03-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Oso has been running shit tonight.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:35 PM
Something like this happened in the EPL last week and they allowed it, no?

KJ referred to it. Raheem Sterling did it last week.

EPL must be semi pro. ;)

SirBobSaget
03-17-2019, 07:38 PM
Few seasons ago a similar offside play stood for a ner goal vs tfc. The defender had it flip off his head to an offside New England player. So now we’re even

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Man MLS is so far behind from the level of europe. Sloppy game so far tonight

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:44 PM

Fucking Hilarious. MLS fans are still so far behind European football knowledge.

https://geology.com/world/cia/map-of-europe.gif

Did you want to compare our league to more than 4 of these countries?

ag futbol
Oh Caldwell, time for a new talking point

stegosaurus

If you’re talking about the refs — same thing happened with Sterling.

If you’re talking about the play, well, yeah. It’s MLS. The Revs aren’t a top team and TFC has 1 DP on the field.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 07:47 PM
Fucking Hilarious. MLS fans are still so far behind European football knowledge.

Did you want to compare our league to more than 4 or these countries?

May want to crop the map a bit before we get compared to the titans of Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 07:48 PM
If you’re talking about the refs — same thing happened with Sterling.

If you’re talking about the play, well, yeah. It’s MLS. The Revs aren’t a top team and TFC has 1 DP on the field.
Talking about the play , well ya I understand that im just saying its sloppy. Been watching alot of champions league and serie A maybe i just got some getting used to is all lol.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:48 PM
May want to crop the map a bit before we get compared to the titans of Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia.

Um that was my exact point.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 07:49 PM
Please, please, please Atlanta lose to phily. That would make my year lol

rydermike
03-17-2019, 07:49 PM
This offside rule is a gamechanger. I was always taught as a defender to try to make the play just in case its not offside to be safe and let the ref make the call. Now you have to make a decision that can backfire if you play a guy offside and leave the ball and turns out he's not

jloome
03-17-2019, 07:50 PM
3 - 0 for us!

Here's a stream:

I have the game this week on my service but when I can't get it, someone is usually streaming it live on utube; I just switch your search to 'live' events and search toronto or tfc. But nothing today, unfortunately.

Fort York Redcoat
Please, please, please Atlanta lose to phily. That would make my year lol

ATL panic meter ready to burst.

ag futbol
Holly god.what is Buno doing?

stegosaurus
Um that was my exact point.

I mean... there’s more than 4 countries with leagues worse than ours and more than 4 countries with leagues better than ours. I’m not really sure what the point was.

jloome
03-17-2019, 07:51 PM
Well, Auro is a young player. he still makes boneheaded defensive mistakes sometimes, unfortunately. Should've closed there. Way too far off the ball.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 07:52 PM

Did you want to compare our league to more than 4 of these countries?
Sorry i correct myself to seria A , you can diminish the picture to just the boot of italy.

notthesun
Don't like that from Bono and like it less from Auro. Gave away the ball super cheap to start and then doesn't close down tight enough.

Fort York Redcoat
I mean... there’s more than 4 countries with leagues worse than ours and more than 4 countries with leagues better than ours. I’m not really sure what the point was.

So...is all of Europe better than MLS?

That's the point. All of Europe is a big place with different levels of football.

rydermike
03-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Did they change the blocking the keeper rule when he has the ball after Benzema did it. Pretty sure you had to give the keeper yards of space but saw akinola do it now the Revs striker did it to Bono

Kaz
03-17-2019, 07:54 PM
oh look an early second half goal to pair nicely with the early first half goal....

James17930
03-17-2019, 07:54 PM
I have the game this week on my service but when I can't get it, someone is usually streaming it live on utube; I just switch your search to 'live' events and search toronto or tfc. But nothing today, unfortunately.

I find the YouTube streams get taken down often, though.

But you're right - the quality is often the best.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 07:56 PM
So...is all of Europe better than MLS?

That's the point. All of Europe is a big place with different levels of football.

I wasn’t defending his statement. Just saying that your logic makes no sense either.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:56 PM
oh look an early second half goal to pair nicely with the early first half goal....

https://asthebunnyhops.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Eeyore.gif

Detroit_TFC
03-17-2019, 07:57 PM
ugh, I should have avoided the rosy half time report.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:57 PM
I wasn’t defending his statement. Just saying that your logic makes no sense either.

What the actual?

Either all of Europe is ahead of MLS or it isn't.

James17930
03-17-2019, 07:58 PM
Okay, Jozy comes in, scores the winner.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 07:59 PM

Precisely the idea before a ball was kicked tonight.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 08:00 PM
What the actual?
Did you not see my last post i responded with correcting myself with the whole europe ideology with just serie A italy..

nonc
03-17-2019, 08:01 PM
How long can you let the Bono clown show continue? It's been almost a year of this laughable shit.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:02 PM
Talking about the play , well ya I understand that im just saying its sloppy. Been watching alot of champions league and serie A maybe i just got some getting used to is all lol.

Indeed. Good to clarify. Serie A is a very different level.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 08:02 PM
What the actual?

No need to be upset; I wasn’t the one making a “pick 4” rebuttal or disagreeing with you either.

Just explaining why you shouldn’t have made the argument you made as it makes no sense... there are more than 4 leagues better in Europe and more than 4 leagues worse. Saying “pick 4” makes no sense.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Did you not see my last post i responded with correcting myself with the whole europe ideology with just serie A italy..

To be fair to you as well, no one considers Estonian football when they speak of European football either.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:06 PM
No need to be upset; I wasn’t the one making a “pick 4” rebuttal or disagreeing with you either.

Just explaining why you shouldn’t have made the argument you made as it makes no sense... there are more than 4 leagues better in Europe and more than 4 leagues worse. Saying “pick 4” makes no sense.

Oh? There are more than 4? My point is there aren't many more that are a guarantee and not a debate.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:08 PM
To be fair to you as well, no one considers Estonian football when they speak of European football either.

Estonians fucking do.

I'm not shitting on our league with vague comparisons that's all.

(And now neither is TOtid)

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:10 PM
Jozy.

Let's get happy.

James17930
C'mon guys, stop arguing. We're all on the same side here.

There are sometimes bad calls in every league.

zorsofstesab
Man Bono's confidence looks shot. No communication. Body language awful. Planted on the goal line. Does not come off his line. Not a commander as he should be in his box.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:11 PM
C'mon guys, stop arguing. We're all on the same side here.

There are sometimes bad calls in every league.

Truce.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Oh? There are more than 4? My point is there aren't many more that are a guarantee and not a debate.

Four leagues better: England, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal. That’s 5.

Four leagues worse: Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Cyprus, Finland. That’s 5.

There you go. You could add more to either category, so your point was pretty silly. Not sure why you are so angry.

rydermike
Oso needed to one touch that. Great play.

Fort York Redcoat
Man Bono's confidence looks shot. No communication. Body language awful. Planted on the goal line. Does not come off his line. Not a commander as he should be in his box.

He was frozen on the goal. Almost waiting for a bad deflection instead.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Four leagues better: England, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal. That’s 5.

Four leagues worse: Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Cyprus, Finland. That’s 5.

There you go. You could add more to either category, so your point was pretty silly. Not sure why you are so angry.

Your opinion. I'm moving on.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 08:14 PM

Lol thankgod thought i was the only one

Richard
03-17-2019, 08:14 PM
Well that almost worked, good free kick.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 08:16 PM
Your opinion. I'm moving on.

Cool. I agreed with your initial post, just that you made a mistake. No need to take it personal.

Also, it’s not really an opinion lol.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Jozzyyy

rydermike
03-17-2019, 08:17 PM

Nailed it.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 08:18 PM
Yes!!!

Detroit_TFC
Get in!!!!!

stegosaurus
Nailed it.

Love it.

notthesun
"New contract, same Jozy Altidore"

Nice call Wileman.

zorsofstesab
03-17-2019, 08:19 PM
Ciman???? wtf was that?

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:20 PM
Holy fuck thank you Jozy for saving this thread i mean match thread I mean match.

James17930
Baby baby baby.

Now let's not blow it.

stegosaurus
Ciman???? wtf was that?

Absolute liability...

Richard
03-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Praying that Altidore can get a full season, him and Pouzelo is going to be better than the Giovinco partnership.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Here see if every striker on the game day roster can score in one game...

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Praying that Altidore can get a full season, him and Pouzelo is going to be better than the Giovinco partnership.

Ya but do we need him to start??

Richard
03-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Can someone pull up stats on game winners for Altidore? This guy is the most clutch player in MLS.

rydermike
03-17-2019, 08:24 PM
NE ties game: Vanney responds by putting on extra defender
TFC takes lead: Vanney puts on striker

T.O TILL I DIE
23k inside BMO tonight eeeek. What do we usually get?

zorsofstesab
Ciman???? wtf was that?

Boyd???? wtf was that?

portu
03-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Ciman has turned into that guy who plays centreback because he likes a tackle and kicks the ball hard

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Job done.

Now get to work with Poz to face a stronger team in Man City Farm team.

portu
03-17-2019, 08:34 PM
Good win. Follow it up. Going to have to convince me this season.

jloome
03-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Holy fuck thank you Jozy for saving this thread i mean match thread I mean match.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Akinola and Hamilton both played well. Everyone played reasonably well. Just disciplined stuff, compared to the past.

T.O TILL I DIE
03-17-2019, 08:36 PM
Ciman played terrible havnt seen nothing good from him yet. Safe to say hes a bad signing

notthesun
03-17-2019, 08:38 PM
Still some questions defensively, but we are looking really good going forward I feel even though we're missing a truly creative on-ball player.

Bradley had a huge game to follow up a great first one. He's back. Osorio was great today also, back to the way I remember him after I thought his performance vs. Philly was so-so.

Altidore is a damn legend. So happy this guy is staying.

stegosaurus
03-17-2019, 08:40 PM
Still some questions defensively, but we are looking really good going forward I feel even though we're missing a truly creative on-ball player.

Bradley had a huge game to follow up a great first one. He's back. Osorio was great today also, back to the way I remember him after I thought his performance vs. Philly was so-so.

Altidore is a damn legend. So happy this guy is staying.

Ditto on Bradley.

Yohan
03-17-2019, 08:40 PM
A win is a win but don't get too excited. Philly and Revs are junk.

Detroit_TFC
03-17-2019, 08:41 PM
The TFC defense is still scary but the attacking end looked good. Seemed like there was a lot better understanding between players. Yes, there were some lapses, but way better than those CCL games.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 08:42 PM
Nice win.

Thought the midfield was really influential in the first half but ran out of legs in the second.

Terrence Boyd leaves me scratching my head at management. Not very good and there are clearly three better strikers already on the team. Lets hope future moves are better thought out.

Despite opening the season with two wins my expectations are set at bubble playoff team. Opposition so far has been weak and we are gifting goals through mistakes. Against the better teams with actual talent we can't afford the screw ups because keeping them off the score sheet to begin with will be challenging.

Fort York Redcoat
03-17-2019, 08:43 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Akinola and Hamilton both played well. Everyone played reasonably well. Just disciplined stuff, compared to the past.

That's it I just have to stay more disciplined in game threads. It's been so long.;)

But ya everything fell into place as if it was according to plan tonight so job done. Help is on the way and it will be the new challenge to MELD for the levelup!

PizzaEatingYeti
03-17-2019, 08:50 PM
Just 3 quick observations:

1. Jozy is Jozy.
2. Akinola: a nice promise.
3. Our defense: horrible. Until things aren't changing radically there, we'll need every game at least 3 goals to have any chance for a win.

PS 1: WTF is thinking Vanney when at 2-2, when we need goal(s), he puts in another defender (Ciman).
PS 2: WTF Ciman? You are a joke so far this season.

69Chevy396
03-17-2019, 08:52 PM
That's it I just have to stay more disciplined in game threads. It's been so long.;)

But ya everything fell into place as if it was according to plan tonight so job done. Help is on the way and it will be the new challenge to MELD for the levelup!
Morrow, Bradley, and Akinola played very well. Bono is a mess. Still waiting for Auro and Osorio to execute when they have a chance on goal.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 08:56 PM
There was nobody on the subs bench worth putting in the game in midfield. Ciman allowed us to switch formations and push Auro / Morrow further up the field into a 3-5-2.

I do not like Ciman, but it was a sensical move.

ag futbol
03-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Morrow, Bradley, and Akinola played very well. Bono is a mess. Still waiting for Auro and Osorio to execute when they have a chance on goal.
There is it. I thought we were going to have to go a whole weekend without a cheap shot on Osorio.

General Woolfe
03-17-2019, 09:01 PM
I want my Séba back!

Happy with the result tonight obviously, but that’s a pale imitation of the 2017 TFC. He’ll, it’s a pale imitation of the 2015 side. Thank God for Jozy, we better pray he stays fit. MLSE have had a disasterof an off season and we look weak all over the park.

Auro is awfull, Hamilton is awful, and if they are both areto be starters in this year’s TFC I don’t hold out much hope of a play off run. In fact it’s debatable we’ll even make the playoffs. We’re supposed to believe this dude from Genk will be our saviour, when his record suggests he’ll struggle to replace Vazquez. And still no replacement for Giovinco on the horizon, or is Boyd supposed to be him?

MLSE seem content with a single championship and there can be no doubt they’ve downsized TFC on a major scale. We could’ve kept Séba had we negotiated with him in the off season after the cup win. We should have held on to Betashour who is proving he had two more seasons in him, instead we get a cheap option in Auro who couldn’t defend if his life depended on it. Mavinga has been poor this season with no real back up (other than the coach’s nephew) Moor gets slower with each passing game, and at least if we’d kept Hagglund we’d have a goal threat at set pieces. Osorio has been poor this season, and is certainly not the poster boy MLSE want him to be. An average midfielder at best, as is Chapman.

Youd think I’d be happier we’re 2-0-0 but the signs are not good. We’ve rode our luck so far. The only pluses I can see is Bradley is still our captain, Morrow is still up there with the best left backs in the league. De Leon looks a solid pick up. Akinolo looks promising, and Jozy still can pull out the big goal when needed (although Bradley & Morrow probably deserve more credit for the winner)

Finally, just what is it with Stephen Caldwell? You’d think he was commentating for our opponents TV channel the way he goes on about how lucky we are and every decision should go the way of the other side. He was a dud as a player and equally as bad as a pundit. Please bin this clown ASAP TSN.

RANT OVER... for now

Areathrasher
03-17-2019, 09:03 PM
There was nobody on the subs bench worth putting in the game in midfield. Ciman allowed us to switch formations and push Auro / Morrow further up the field into a 3-5-2.

I do not like Ciman, but it was a sensical move.
This.christ its not hard people

69Chevy396
03-17-2019, 09:11 PM
There is it. I thought we were going to have to go a whole weekend without a cheap shot on Osorio.
Sorry to trigger you. He is the third highest paid player, and leading goal scorer from last season. If Altidore played three games and did nothing, many here would wonder what was going on.

jloome
03-17-2019, 09:12 PM
This.christ its not hard people

Two-and-oh to start the season. I think Akinola and Hamilton are going to keep surprising people. They both look pretty much ready for this level now. Akinola is a dangerous player, which a lot of people predicted for him. Pity he's going with the U.S.

jloome
03-17-2019, 09:13 PM
Sorry to trigger you. He is the third highest paid player, and leading goal scorer from last season. If Altidore played three games and did nothing, many here would wonder what was going on.

Osorio played well today at both ends.

oranje boven
03-17-2019, 09:15 PM
Bradley’s pass to Morrow to set up the winning goal was unbelievable....top rate pass. Way to lead us Captain.

Leedsoronto
03-17-2019, 09:16 PM
So that was onside because it hit a defender yeh

So all teams need do is put a guy in the other teams box and bounce balls off opponents players

jloome
03-17-2019, 09:16 PM
So that was onside because it hit a defender yeh

So all teams need do is put a guy in the other teams box and bounce balls off opponents players

It was weak, but it went off his foot.

ManUtd4ever
03-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Another encouraging team effort with Pozuelo on the horizon. Akinola had an excellent debut.

Hamilton_Red
03-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Observations from the game today.

Good:

Akinola looks a player and is likely our 2nd best striker.
Osorio had an excellent game. So did Bradlley again.
Jozy back in his usual clutch - game winning ways. Huge that he has extended.
Vanney's tactical changes worked.

Bad:
The banter seems to be around Ciman but the real problem was Mavinga. That was one of the worst penalty fouls I have seen in a long time. If not for the recent rule change that was a straight red card and a penalty. He was positively terrible in the first half. Camera caught Friedl telling them to attack Mavinga and that "he can't run". It might be that the injury has finished him? This is the scary point - with the loss of Giovinco & Vaquez we have been distracted to have to shore up that area and strengthen the attack - when the big problem last year was defence. We are one injury to a 35 year old CB away from a catastrophe.

I thought Hamilton was poor & could have done a lot more.

James17930
03-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Just 3 quick observations:

1. Jozy is Jozy.
2. Akinola: a nice promise.
3. Our defense: horrible. Until things aren't changing radically there, we'll need every game at least 3 goals to have any chance for a win.

PS 1: WTF is thinking Vanney when at 2-2, when we need goal(s), he puts in another defender (Ciman).
PS 2: WTF Ciman? You are a joke so far this season.

Because we switched to a 3-5-2.