PDA

View Full Version : Shoot!

MEU
08-04-2008, 12:16 AM
I was in the beer garden for the game, and I could not believe how we did not fire off a single shot on our attacks. Guevara, Robert, Rickets, Barrett, and Cunny were all guilty of this. We always play "cross the ball" or "dump and chase". Shoot the !@#$% ball and poach on the rebound!!!! Dallas was by far the taller team... why would we try to cross or dump if they will head it our? (every once in a while it's fine)

Also, switch the field and GET IN POSITION! I'm sorry, but TFC looked like tots bunching-up on the ball. Several times we tried to pass the ball around in 1 sq.m

Extremely upset after this game. Shoot the ball!!!

colman1860
08-04-2008, 12:19 AM
lol when I saw the thread title i thought you were swearing politely.

P.S. Barrett, not Garrett.

Bars92
08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I thought Barrett was gonna score on that break in the first. For a second I belived.

Raging Reggie
08-04-2008, 12:26 AM
was in the carlsberg section for the first half and that is what i was thinking too...SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT! no one wanted to step up? WTF? its the TFC of last year all over again!

we need a striker who isnt afraid to shoot, has this been mentioned already?

boban
08-04-2008, 12:41 AM
was in the carlsberg section for the first half and that is what i was thinking too...SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT! no one wanted to step up? WTF? its the TFC of last year all over again!

This whole board is full of deja vu's.

TFC Via Buffalo
08-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I think the current mentality is just ass backwards right now. We pass when we should shoot and nobody seems to WANT to take a shot outside of Cunningham(We all know how that's going lately) and Dichio when he's not hurt. Then, we miss tons of opportunities to either get the ball in the middle of the field to attack or switch it over to the other side.

It's honestly painful to watch. Today, I left pretty much exactly at 90 and got called a "part time supporter" even though I haven't missed a game yet and this was my first time leaving early EVER. I felt wretched on the drive home both over the game and leaving, but this team is starting to just become unbearable to watch. They seem to want to let their talent do everything, but not work to win. ARGH!!! It's just frustrating and I hope we pull it together on the road. We always have hope, right?

Right? :noidea:

MFG1
08-04-2008, 08:17 AM

like the leafs, dump and chase, dump and chase, hahahahaha

Bobo
08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Also, switch the field and GET IN POSITION! I'm sorry, but TFC looked like tots bunching-up on the ball. Several times we tried to pass the ball around in 1 sq.m

Extremely upset after this game. Shoot the ball!!!

Our movement and passing was better yesterday than it has been. A couple VERY nice passing plays we had going on.

TFC RealDeal RPB
08-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Ooooooooo TFC DON'T SHOOT Ooooooooo TFC DON'T SHOOT.

BuSaPuNk
08-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah nice passing but passing only gets you so far. They play very well at midfield and in the back usually, but upfront is a joke. Jeez if they want i'll score goals for them for 1 1/10 of the money that anyone else is looking for.....lol

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Guevara is an attacking midfielder, who can play as a striker.

Sorry, but that means he should be scoring from live play every now and then, and finishing what the strikers can't.

Bobo
08-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Guevara is an attacking midfielder, who can play as a striker.

Sorry, but that means he should be scoring from live play every now and then, and finishing what the strikers can't.

You're right, he hasn't. He HAS missed a few golden opportunities though. I've always thought that some people overrate the guy. For all this supposed attacking skill we have, we suffer from similar problems as last year. It appears to me that like Robert, Guevara is on the decline.

MG42
08-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Brennan should have shot on the 2nd run he had :( Watched the replay this morning and he had so much net to look at.

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Brennan should have shot on the 2nd run he had :( Watched the replay this morning and he had so much net to look at.

There were several times that I expected shots to be taken, only to see the ball get passed backwards, or across the pitch, and then promptly intercepted, or misplayed.

- Scott

rocker
08-04-2008, 12:21 PM
but there was one time somebody yelled SHOOT!!!! and the TFC player shot and completely fucked it up. so ya, it'd be nice if they shot more, but it's not like they have that much success when they do.