PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games - Saturday March 2nd & Sunday March 3rd

OgtheDim
03-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Its the first week so a lot of :noidea::megaphone::party::crazy::drunk: going on.

Saturday

NYC @ Orlando 2:30pm - Orlando still has no decent defence & NYC is an unknown post Villa. If we want a playoff spot, these are two teams we have to beat to get there. I'm watching to see if NYC post Villa & Vierra has an identity & what that will mean when we face them in 4 weeks.

NYRB @ Columbus 4:30pm - GAME TO WATCH TODAY NYRB on the CCL quest so will rotate. Columbus now playing Porter ball. I'm watching to see what Columbus is going to be like & if NYRB is the juggernaut they threaten to be this season. That & how big & noisy will be the crowd now that CBus has secured their team & has a close rival.

NER @ Dallas 4:30pm - The only reason we are not rated the worst team in the East is NER. I'm watching to see what they will bring to us on the 17th. I'm also watching to see what Dallas new manager does with the youngsters he had at the academy.

RSL @ Houston 6pm - Another CCL playing team but without the depth to rotate much. I'm watching to see if Petke ball finally gets going and if a clear delineation between the haves and the have nots in the West can be seen between a very good Houston team & a team like RSL.

Portland @ Colorado 6pm - Colorado is the team most people think won the off season. I'm watching to see if they can test a Portland team that has to play a lot of games on the road while their stadium gets refurbished.

Minnesota @ Vancouver 6pm - The Loons are another team making noises about being improved. Vancouver is the ultimate :noidea: team with an almost complete turnover. I'm watching to see if Heath can figure out how to coach against an unknown & what we can see from Vancouver if/when we face them in the CCL.

Chicago @ LAG 8pm - Zlatan is on a mission to score more then 31 goals. Chicago is talking about stability - another team we have to beat if we want a playoff spot. I'm watching to see if Chicago has some grit this year & for Zlatan.

Cincinnati @ Seattle 10pm - First game for the Lions of Ohio. I'm watching to see if that defence is the sum of its parts & if Seattle is going to actually have a decent start to a season for once.

Montreal @ San Jose 10pm - San Jose is trying to implement the uber press. I'm watching to see how that works against an older team that likes to counter.

Sunday

Atlanta @ DCU 6pm - Atlanta will rotate & DCU will play its stars. I'm watching to see if DCU has a defence & who Atlanta will rely upon to give their stars a breather.

SKC @ LAFC 8:30pm - GAME OF THE WEEKEND SKC impressive in CCL. LAFC is stacked offensively. I'm looking to see if SKC, who didn't rotate at all for their game in Mexico, stay with the same players & if LAFC can break down a very well schooled SKC defence.

ensco
03-01-2019, 07:51 AM
^SKC won’t rotate because they can rotate against the Panamanians. We got Tigres at this stage last year.

You're welcome SKC.

OgtheDim
03-01-2019, 07:58 AM
I'm thinking SKC won't rotate because Vermes doesn't do that & thus ruins his teams for the playoffs.

OgtheDim
03-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Orlando is us 2007-2014.

OgtheDim
03-02-2019, 07:02 PM
Snow game in Colorado.

The field underneath is the same beach ours was on Tuesday.

Detroit_TFC
03-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Cinci's first MLS goal. They barely got a touch on the ball for nearly 15 minutes and on their first real counterattack scores. Hashtag funny old game.

Bobo
03-02-2019, 11:38 PM
Hagglund is not looking good at all so far in Cincy's debut. (As I finished typing this, he took a shot right to the nuggets, poor guy.)

Some enjoyable games today. Got to love the orange ball.

tfcfans
03-02-2019, 11:51 PM
Lots of lovely results for those of us in the Eastern Conference.......

PizzaEatingYeti
03-03-2019, 04:32 AM
Lots of lovely results for those of us in the Eastern Conference.......

Yeah man, I'm loving those many draws... the day came out very lucky for TFC!

:scarf:

Fort York Redcoat
03-03-2019, 09:59 AM
Orlando is us 2007-2014.

Well... I think they should have more expectations than we did for the first couple a years.

I heard Johnsons name in the highlights. Kamal Miller AND Tesho started. Although Tesho wasn't the goalscorer he was still on when the comeback began.

ensco
03-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Hagglund is not looking good at all so far in Cincy's debut. (As I finished typing this, he took a shot right to the nuggets, poor guy.)

Some enjoyable games today. Got to love the orange ball.

Oh man, I just watched the highlights... poor Nick got worked over brutally last night

OgtheDim
03-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Atlanta is now a possession team instead of the track meet counter. DCU controlling the midfield and passing the ball around.

Fascinating game.

ag futbol
03-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Welp it's early but DCU look like the class of the league to me.

Atlanta look quite a bit like 2018 TFC, not playing their stars in early league play and getting hammered for it.

Detroit_TFC
03-03-2019, 08:28 PM
"Curse of the Gold Star?" Nah (which means maybe). More like "Frank De Boer Discovers MLS."

OgtheDim
03-03-2019, 09:03 PM
De Boer hasn't won a league game in a looong time. He should next week against Cinci. But the insistence on the possession 3-4-3 is going to hurt them until they figure out how to use their talents in it. If they stick with it for 2 seasons, it might work or get him fired.

Fort York Redcoat
03-05-2019, 06:41 AM
NE looks to be a great home opener for us. They look no stronger than Philly and we may have Jozy to sub by then.

Bez's Columbus looked jumpy and not as together as the NYRB kids. They need more time to settle.

I hope Plata is ok after that rash Houston challenge.

Minnesota and Vancouver are porous. made the match interesting though. Some great opportunities.

burlington Red
03-07-2019, 11:35 AM
watched the DC V Atlanta game, good game enjoyed it. what was even better was Jon Champion is now espn's lead commentator. Always one of my favourite commentators when watching the PL.

anto7
03-07-2019, 06:17 PM
watched the DC V Atlanta game, good game enjoyed it. what was even better was Jon Champion is now espn's lead commentator. Always one of my favourite commentators when watching the PL.

i watched it too, agree with you it was very enjoyable. Acosta is a fun player to watch, and his connection with Rooney is pretty special. DC can be very thankful that his transfer did not go through and that they get it enjoy him for a little while longer

Fort York Redcoat
03-08-2019, 06:42 AM
Oh man, I just watched the highlights... poor Nick got worked over brutally last night

Same feel. Rooting for hometown Nick but man, I think he has some jitters to get through.

Fort York Redcoat
03-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Atlanta is now a possession team instead of the track meet counter. DCU controlling the midfield and passing the ball around.

Fascinating game.

Welp it's early but DCU look like the class of the league to me.

Atlanta look quite a bit like 2018 TFC, not playing their stars in early league play and getting hammered for it.

One game but absolutely spot on with both calls here. One United going up...One looking to struggle.