PDA

View Full Version : CCL Rnd of 16 Leg 2 - Independiente @ TFC Tuesday Feb 26 8pm - What Now?

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 10:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3BI9AspYc

Have at It People

jloome
02-19-2019, 10:31 PM
I mean, it's not impossible. Despite our dreadful performance, that's not a very good team. They had a couple of fast, skilled attacking players but little cohesion.

It's more like Seba's back next season, and that's not likely.

Gringo Starr
02-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Minus 5 with snow might help

Richard
02-19-2019, 11:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeYSPsKe5A

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 11:44 PM
I am going to be interested in watching any yutes who play in this game. Too bad we got none on the back line.

James17930
02-20-2019, 03:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeYSPsKe5A

This is what I was thinking.

We need another miracle!

TheSloanRanger
02-20-2019, 07:38 AM
Will anyone who misssed the first leg be available for selection next week?

ensco
02-20-2019, 08:04 AM
I hope people don’t turn on Boyd. I think he had one touch in the run of play. (It was nifty btw). He got zero service.

That miss was bad. We saw how Aketxe fell apart because he didn’t get a break. (If there is a silver lining, it’s that the missed PK probably doesn’t matter and won’t be remembered.)

He needs us behind him. He isn’t management and doesn’t own any of the history.

Mikmacdo
02-20-2019, 08:06 AM
Will anyone who misssed the first leg be available for selection next week?
I am guessing Jozy will come off the bench and Deleon will be good to start. Hopefully they announce Menendez and he can play. Bono should take a seat on the bench, lets see what the guy from Ligue 2 can do.

Initial B
02-20-2019, 08:10 AM
I hope people don’t turn on Boyd. I think he had one touch in the run of play. (It was nifty btw). He got zero service.

That miss was bad. We saw how Aketxe fell apart because he didn’t get a break. (If there is a silver lining, it’s that the missed PK probably doesn’t matter and won’t be remembered.)

Nope. Sorry, but he has done nothing to earn support yet. Boyd had more than one touch last night and turned it over a couple of times in the midfield. You don't just support blindly, it has to be directed at those who deserve it, to reinforce to the others the type of player we are looking for.

Gringo Starr
02-20-2019, 08:15 AM
With service in the preseason he did alright, last night was on Vanney's set up. Brutal spot kick though

Red4ever
02-20-2019, 09:02 AM
Really glad this happened actually.

1) It puts TFC management behind the 8 ball to make moves.
2) It sets the tone to let the players know we are light years away from the 16 months ago.
3) It happened in a tourney that we can't possibly win and on which we shouldn't waste resources.

Oldtimer
02-20-2019, 09:42 AM
Just consider this another pre-season match and don't get worked up over it.

The messaging from TFC after last season was that they wouldn't take the CCL so seriously so that it threatens their season this year. That being said, I don't think they expected to be 4-0 behind.

This will be a very poorly attended match for sure.

ensco
02-20-2019, 12:04 PM
The lineup change priority is that Bono has to sit. This is absolutely imperative. Our back line problem flows from the GK position. You don’t play with confidence when you think your keeper never bails you out.

He has been a positional mess for a year (jloome pointed this out elsewhere). It was always an issue with him but then it bit us hard in last year's CCL, Alex knows it - he never recovered from that floater that got over him vs Chivas.

He has no confidence, and the team has no confidence in him.

Patterson-Sewell (or the new guy, if you think he will play in Philly) needs to start this game, so that he is ready for the opener in Philly.

I feel bad for Alex, he is a hero here, but our season is at stake. Frankly he needs to go down to USL for a couple of months.

ensco
02-20-2019, 12:20 PM
Nope. Sorry, but he has done nothing to earn support yet. Boyd had more than one touch last night and turned it over a couple of times in the midfield. You don't just support blindly, it has to be directed at those who deserve it, to reinforce to the others the type of player we are looking for.

I see it the other way around. New players always get the love.

It's management that has to prove to me that my cynicism is unworthy!

Canary10
02-20-2019, 12:30 PM
The lineup change priority is that Bono has to sit. This is absolutely imperative. Our back line problem flows from the GK position. You don’t play with confidence when you think your keeper never bails you out.

He has been a positional mess for a year (jloome pointed this out elsewhere). It was always an issue with him but then it bit us hard in last year's CCL, Alex knows it - he never recovered from that floater that got over him vs Chivas.

He has no confidence, and the team has no confidence in him.

Patterson-Sewell (or the new guy, if you think he will play in Philly) needs to start this game, so that he is ready for the opener in Philly.

I feel bad for Alex, he is a hero here, but our season is at stake. Frankly he needs to go down to USL for a couple of months.

Not sure how you blame that all on Bono. While I agree he needs to sit, the problems are way deeper than just him. Auro shouldn't be starting, he just has zero defensive awareness. Mavinga and Ciman were awful. Part of that stems from being a new pairing - please Vanney, at least keep the two of them together so they can develop the their positional understanding they need as a pair. But I really worry about Ciman. Bradely could use a good fast, tackling DM beside him. The whole setup has issues really.

ensco
02-20-2019, 12:35 PM
^Bono allowed a bunch of goals he should have had last year. To come out and have zero saves on 4 shots, against a semipro team, and have at least two be because of positioning... for me the back line issues can be addressed in training. But the GK, no way, that is fatal.

I also disagree (somewhat) re Auro. I think he can be good defensively ( we have seen it, but not often)

Initial B
02-20-2019, 12:36 PM
I'd just like to say that with any goalkeeper, they have to have confidence in their backline so they can choose to make the less risky play. Look at the games in Vegas and Panama - after the first two goals, Bono started rushing out to block because he didn't have confidence that the backline would be able to stop the attack. It's a lose-lose situation for them.

JohnnyEnglish
02-20-2019, 12:57 PM
I’d rather see Bono in goal and focus on building greater awareness and consistency in our backline than take a chance playing Patterson-Sewell, Who has very little experience at this level for a 31 year old.

The system and thinking behind our defensive formation needs a bit of a rethink. In possession, The 4-3-3 with inverted wing backs gives us a numerical advantage across the middle. We saw this a fair bit last night, with Morgan and Auro taking up some decent positions.
Without the ball, or against a counterpress, it fell apart. The amount of space we gave up last night was scary. Any overlap, or diagonal pass looked like it could catch us out of position at any moment.

ensco
02-20-2019, 04:06 PM

I like this guy

https://twitter.com/tboyd91/status/1098256508163366913?s=21

azorean
02-20-2019, 04:15 PM
I like this guy

https://twitter.com/tboyd91/status/1098256508163366913?s=21

Glad you posted this, and glad to see this from him. Long leash with him.

OgtheDim
02-20-2019, 04:35 PM
The responses to that tweet from Ciman & Mavinga are heartening.

69Chevy396
02-20-2019, 05:24 PM
The responses to that tweet from Ciman & Mavinga are heartening.

Mavinga has been following Seba’s Instagram and my guess, he too wishes he was playing elsewhere. He sure didn’t play well last night, particularly on that goal, where the player pulled a Mario Lemieux deke on him.

azorean
02-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Mavinga has been following Seba’s Instagram and my guess, he too wishes he was playing elsewhere. He sure didn’t play well last night, particularly on that goal, where the player pulled a Mario Lemieux deke on him.

Funny you say this, I know nothing, but I was thinking of him. Just strange. All the tweets I read about / from him on the lead up to season, strange , is he fully invested?

Hate to say it, but this locker room must be a mess.

Next couple of weeks will tell all....

noimpactinmtl
02-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Funny you say this, I know nothing, but I was thinking of him. Just strange. All the tweets I read about / from him on the lead up to season, strange , is he fully invested?

Hate to say it, but this lockerhouse must be a mess.

Next couple of weeks will tell all....

If a team in Europe offers him 6 million a year, that would be a tempting offer. Mavinga is still young and has proven himself to have matured in Toronto.

MightyDM
02-20-2019, 09:50 PM
Ciman is very offensive for a CB. needs a stay at home CB with him. Great on the ball but it was almost like he was trying to play CDM at times

Oldtimer
02-20-2019, 11:42 PM
Reminder this is a match thread.

General TFC discussion goes here:
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?42056-2019-general-TFC-MLS-banter&p=1888940#post1888940

OgtheDim
02-21-2019, 07:34 AM
Weather forecast for Tuesday

High of -5 30% chance of snow 32km NW winds

Rain this weekend with a high of 9 on Sunday should wash away a lot of snow

If I were to hazard a guess, a very bitter cold dry night with wind whipping around.

The chances of a decent pitch & decent watching soccer are probably minimal.

PizzaEatingYeti
02-21-2019, 07:50 AM
To be honest, I think if TFC wants to qualify in the next round, they can beat this Panama team by 5 goals in the 2nd leg, even with the available players.
The whole question is: "They want to advance or not?"

The first 20 minutes of the game will be very telling.
If they won't go in "pedal to the metal", they have zero chance to advance.

James17930
02-21-2019, 08:43 AM
To be honest, I think if TFC wants to qualify in the next round, they can beat this Panama team by 5 goals in the 2nd leg, even with the available players.
The whole question is: "They want to advance or not?"

The first 20 minutes of the game will be very telling.
If they won't go in "pedal to the metal", they have zero chance to advance.

I agree. If they treat this game like their lives depend on it, they might do it.

Of course, they also might just give up more goals on the counter and fuck themselves even more ...

Someone needs to step up and grab the game by the balls and boss things around, and the only two who could maybe do it are Jozy or Oso.

MightyDM
02-21-2019, 10:37 AM
If Banney persists with the 4-3-3 we will lose the game outright. It’s weaknesses are making the weaknesses we had last year even worse. Ie vulnerability to pace on the counter / route 1 football

Cas87
02-21-2019, 11:16 AM
I'd say we need to be in the 3-5-2 formation in order to have any chance on Tuesday:

JHams -- Boyd
Morrow -- Oso/Endoh -- Bradley -- Delgado/Oso -- Auro/DeLeon
Mavinga -- Moor -- Ciman
Bono

Hamilton_Red
02-21-2019, 11:41 AM

This is not right. You pull on the red shirt - you deserve our support and encouragement. After that you earn or lose respect depending on how you conduct yourself.

Still Kicking
02-21-2019, 11:48 AM
TFC need goals to win and go through on Tuesday. Agree to the 3-5-2. Ciman on the bench, prepared to play the late game sub as a centre forward that Nick Hagglund used to play in desperate times...

Chapman -- Boyd
Shaffelburg Osorio Bradley DeLeon Endoh
Morrow Mavinga Auro

RedsYNWA
02-21-2019, 11:54 AM
This looks like the coldest game at BMO ever:grouphug:
Time to Freeze the Panamaniacs:flare:

Hamilton_Red
02-21-2019, 12:03 PM
TFC need goals to win and go through on Tuesday. Agree to the 3-5-2. Ciman on the bench, prepared to play the late game sub as a centre forward that Nick Hagglund used to play in desperate times...

Chapman -- Boyd
Shaffelburg Osorio Bradley DeLeon Endoh
Morrow Mavinga Auro

That line-up will get us beaten. Shaffelburg, and Endo should be nowhere near a starting berth. Boyd who is a long shot prospect should have been getting a few sub aprarances and brought in gently. With Jozy, Seba, Rickets gone - he was pressed into service in the worst circumstances. We should play Delgado and put Deleon on the wing. Put Hamilton on for Chapman. Telfer on for Shaffelburg.

When will Moor be fit?

Still Kicking
02-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Tuesday night dream scenario. Bitter cold night shocks the speedsters of CAI. Osorio scores two in the first half. Crowd announced at 5000, looks like 500. The crowd starts to believe as the second half begins and the snow squall winds come in off the lake. Shaffelburg scores one, Endoh scores one. We are aggregate tied and looking at overtime. A long shot from nowhere from CAI squirts past Bono with less than five minutes plus injury time.
Somebody puts a video up on the score board. It is Seba's head stuck onto DeRo's famed sign the cheque goal celebration. Pitch invasion seems looming, but security outnumber the crowd. Ciman comes on for Chapman, many suspect Chapman may have frostbite. He has not moved in 15 minutes. Ciman scores two. TFC are through. Crowd surges onto pitch. They carry off Endoh on their shoulders. Ciman deserves it, but crowd is sparse and Endoh is easier to lift.

Hamilton_Red
02-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Oh - crap ...I have failed to appreciate what effect the legalization of Canabis will have on Canadian MLS teams this year!

ManUtd4ever
02-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Guys, I hate to say it, but we have no chance. Even if we play much better in the second leg, where is the offense going to come from?

We dug too big of a hole for ourselves.

Still Kicking
02-21-2019, 12:24 PM
Guys, I hate to say it, but we have no chance. Even if we play much better in the second leg, where is the offense going to come from?

We dug too big of a hole for ourselves.

A 5-0 score for a team that takes ZERO shots on target is in too big a hole? I am furiously disagreeing with you (until TFC fall behind early....)

ensco
02-21-2019, 12:33 PM
Serious question. What is the most goals that have ever been scored by any team in a serious game when the temperature was minus 5 at kickoff?

We were all there at MLS Cup 2016. The field became like concrete 20 minutes in. Our guys, who had just scored 14 goals in the two previous ties, couldn’t move properly. The offence was destroyed by the weather.

pfk
02-21-2019, 01:30 PM
Weather forecast for Tuesday

High of -5 30% chance of snow 32km NW winds

Rain this weekend with a high of 9 on Sunday should wash away a lot of snow

If I were to hazard a guess, a very bitter cold dry night with wind whipping around.

The chances of a decent pitch & decent watching soccer are probably minimal.

It looks like it will feel like -11 with the possibility of snow starting in the early evening. This won't be a fun game to watch.

Gringo Starr
02-21-2019, 01:41 PM
With the guys we have a 4 2 3 1 formation makes the most sense to me. Using morrow as an inverted back neuters the offensive part of his game and Auro on the other hand looks out of sorts defensively

Joe Kool
02-21-2019, 01:47 PM
Serious question. What is the most goals that have ever been scored by any team in a serious game when the temperature was minus 5 at kickoff?

We were all there at MLS Cup 2016. The field became like concrete 20 minutes in. Our guys, who had just scored 14 goals in the two previous ties, couldn’t move properly. The offence was destroyed by the weather.

Exactly it will be a tough ask. I know it will be a shock for the Panamanian team to play in the cold and people keep saying that gives us an advantage but the last I checked our team didn't exactly grow up in Nunavut. Our team will have a rough go on this day as well. When the blood leaves your appendages due to cold it doesn't really matter where you come from.

Heepster
02-21-2019, 02:26 PM
This will be a very poorly attended match for sure.I just looked at TicketBastard, and there are now some for resale at below what it cost to see TFC2 games last year.

burlington Red
02-21-2019, 02:43 PM
I recall Gordon Strachan's first competitive match in charge of Celtic, a 5 nil hammering by a Slovakian team in a champions league qualifier. Celtic regrouped and won the 2nd leg 4 nil, alas not enough to progress but 4 goals would at least get us to extra time. I don't think it's inconceivable for us to score at least 4 to make things interesting.

Joe Kool
02-21-2019, 02:49 PM
I just looked at TicketBastard, and there are now some for resale at below what it cost to see TFC2 games last year.

Not too surprising. Was always going to be a tough sell for lots of people even a month or two ago......and now that the team screwed up the first leg so bad and have such a deficit going into the second we knew that would happen.

Luanda
02-21-2019, 03:55 PM
I am looking at another MIRACLE.
The weather will be on our side (freeze those bastards), but we will also have to have far more grit than we showed down there.

James17930
02-21-2019, 03:59 PM

lBH8lO9X0eo

Lennon
02-21-2019, 05:41 PM
A 5-0 score for a team that takes ZERO shots on target is in too big a hole? I am furiously disagreeing with you (until TFC fall behind early....)

I remember that before the Miracle in Montreal we had a similar game on the road vs. Houston. It ended either 0-0 or 1-0 with very little goal scoring threat from us. You never know.

KingLedley
02-21-2019, 08:01 PM
What are the odds for a 6-1 win and where is a good Canadian portal for that.

Heepster
02-21-2019, 10:15 PM
...Was always going to be a tough sell for lots of people even a month or two ago...Obviously they would never say anything publicly, but I wonder how much MLSE is now p.o.'d about this arrangement of Ticketmaster displaying resale tickets along with the standard tickets. If the team does poorly and demand for tickets stays low all year, almost no one is going to buy any more of the unsold standard tickets when they see resale tickets in the same sections available at a fraction of the standard ticket face value.

portu
02-21-2019, 10:39 PM
I wonder if Vanney writes this game off...

(Which to me would be any scenario where Jozy isn't starting)

Auzzy
02-21-2019, 10:53 PM

They never considered starting Jozy for this game, so that won't mean anything for me. He might get a run out to ease him in if he's ready, but if it's hopeless they'll probably rest Jozy.

Hamilton_Red
02-21-2019, 11:07 PM
They never considered starting Jozy for this game, so that won't mean anything for me. He might get a run out to ease him in if he's ready, but if it's hopeless they'll probably rest Jozy.

Can’t see how it makes sense to play him -5C on a sandpit.. its too risky for him coming back from injury. I think this and the Chicago game are our serious pre-season matches.

Joe Kool
02-22-2019, 12:18 AM
Just watched the highlights from the SKC-Toluca game. Such energy in the SKC attacks that resulted in the goals. What a stark contrast to what TFC did in their CCL game. TFC better try to save some face on Tuesday and actually look like they give a shit. I was so happy when TFC wasn't any longer the butt of all jokes on the MLS website but that didn't last too long. Hope they get their shit together sooner rather than later and hopefully the last game was a one time wake up call that was needed and that is all.

Joe Kool
02-22-2019, 12:20 AM
Can’t see how it makes sense to play him -5C on a sandpit.. its too risky for him coming back from injury. I think this and the Chicago game are our serious pre-season matches.

I seriously hope it is not a sandpit. Didn't we get our new pitch right after the ending of the last season to avoid that this year? They said last year they learned what not to do.

MightyDM
02-22-2019, 01:40 AM
I seriously hope it is not a sandpit. Didn't we get our new pitch right after the ending of the last season to avoid that this year? They said last year they learned what not to do.
I don’t believe what they say about the pitch anymore. Last year they kept saying it was ok “best it could be etc” and then in his pregame interview with KJ before panama Bradley clearly says the pitch was a problem lasts year.

TFC-Fever
02-22-2019, 11:03 AM

Vanney writing a game off?? never!! lol. I hope he doesn't … the scores in the brackets give is a fair chance of going further if we can have a miracle and the second legs of the other games go like the first.

That's just me though .. at the professional level, every game deserves to be played to win.

TFC-Fever
02-22-2019, 11:04 AM
that's my concern ... the pitch next Tuesday. I would hate to see us drop bodies to injuries because of it so early on.

flambe
02-22-2019, 11:54 AM
I recall Gordon Strachan's first competitive match in charge of Celtic, a 5 nil hammering by a Slovakian team in a champions league qualifier. Celtic regrouped and won the 2nd leg 4 nil, alas not enough to progress but 4 goals would at least get us to extra time. I don't think it's inconceivable for us to score at least 4 to make things interesting.

With last years roster, sure. This year we have no creative midfield, no dangerous strikers and a defense that looked terribly shaky.
I imagine we'll win the 2nd leg, but don't think we have the players to make it the "miracle" we need.

OgtheDim
02-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Training update

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1098999758943936512

stevep
02-22-2019, 03:19 PM
lets start a game of guessing tuesday nights game attendance
assume weather is going to -20C with wind
wind gusts 44km/hr, slight snow

my guess 2000,

we need someone there at the game to do a count in there head by looking at each section by section and approximating the total

ensco
02-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Just play it in Florida. Or forfeit the game.

I don’t want people getting hurt. (Not a criterion that matter to Concacaf or MLS.)

Richard
02-22-2019, 04:04 PM

I don’t want people getting hurt. (Not a criterion that matter to Concacaf or MLS.)

Yay I'm not the only one.

69Chevy396
02-22-2019, 04:32 PM

my guess 2000,

we need someone there at the game to do a count in there head by looking at each section by section and approximating the total
It continues to amaze me thatwe have a perfectly suitable dome stadium in this city, that, with a few modifications, could, and should, hold winter TFC games. The bullshit about playing on natural grass is meaningless when the pitch is a frozen pile of shit. The 2016 Cup game was a mess because of this, and other than a handful of avid supporters, mostfans would prefer being comfortable.

Ultra & Proud
02-22-2019, 04:36 PM
It continues to amaze me thatwe have a perfectly suitable dome stadium in this city, that, with a few modifications, could, and should, hold winter TFC games. The bullshit about playing on natural grass is meaningless when the pitch is a frozen pile of shit. The 2016 Cup game was a mess because of this, and other than a handful of avid supporters, mostfans would prefer being comfortable.
They won't let us use it. They are 100% against football or other sports on it since they switched to that real infield dirt or whatever it is. It's not just an us playing at home for an advantage in the cold weather or on grass thing.

69Chevy396
02-22-2019, 04:43 PM
They won't let us use it. They are 100% against football or other sports on it since they switched to that real infield dirt or whatever it is. It's not just an us playing at home for an advantage in the cold weather or on grass thing.
Seems like such a waste. The dome is virtually empty for 7 months. I understand MLSE is planning to install hybrid turf/grass at BMO next year, but that won’t help with the arctic winds and cold.

OgtheDim
02-22-2019, 04:48 PM
William Henry Harrison (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Harrison) comes to mind when it comes to this weather.

TFC until I die but...do I want to die because of TFC? :confused:

Ultra & Proud
02-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Seems like such a waste. The dome is virtually empty for 7 months. I understand MLSE is planning to install hybrid turf/grass at BMO next year, but that won’t help with the arctic winds and cold.
The bigger question is how laying artificial turf over dirt will hurt the dirt.

69Chevy396
02-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Hah. Home Depot sells something called a rake.

Red CB Toronto
02-23-2019, 01:42 AM

The match could very well be played in an unsafe environment. Play it on a pitch somewhere south. How hard a concept should that be.

JuliquE
02-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Anyone know if getting the game postponed, due to weather/pitch conditions, at the last minute, a possibility?!

Could actually play into TFC's favour, giving them time to get a couple players in (jeesh, that was rough to say).

ensco
02-23-2019, 08:56 AM
Anyone know if getting the game postponed, due to weather/pitch conditions, at the last minute, a possibility?!

Could actually play into TFC's favour, giving them time to get a couple players in (jeesh, that was rough to say).

Referees can always declare conditions unplayable. But that is a game time call.

I am repeating myself (as I often do).....this game should be played, as with every other game here until the end of April, during the effing day.

ag futbol
02-23-2019, 09:36 AM
Referees can always declare conditions unplayable. But that is a game time call.

I am repeating myself (as I often do).....this game should be played, as with every other game here until the end of April, during the effing day.

Here, here.

A decade in and the scheduling is as dumb as it has ever been.

TomLawrence
02-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Did we get rid of the undersoil heating?

We had it in 2016 anyway so it wouldn't have been a frozen pile of shit.

Fort York Redcoat
02-23-2019, 11:50 AM
Cannot wait for Tuesday.

This is what our CCL is all about!

What an extreme region. So glad it won't played in that lifeless dome down the road.g:Dg:Dg:D

Fort York Redcoat
02-23-2019, 11:52 AM

my guess 2000,

Attendance betting.

Hardcore.

Laurignano
02-23-2019, 11:55 AM
How are you guys seeing us line up for the match? Do you think Vanney is going to try a 4-3-3 again?

Fort York Redcoat
02-23-2019, 12:05 PM

I see both your points but respectfully disagree with the language you're using.

Boyd has our support with badge he wears but didn't earn our favour with the play in his first match. He didn't get a lot of service but he also hung his head after he skied it.

Jozy isn't playing in the cold so we'll have another chance to watch redemption for Boyd. We can hope AND be critical of what was not a great first performance.:scarf:

OgtheDim
02-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Current hourly weather forecast for Tuesday noon (as far as it goes right now)

feeling like -16

NW winds of 34 km

Gusts to 51 km

Cloudy with sunny periods

No precipitation

That's at noon. You can work out what the evening is likely to be.

Fort York Redcoat
02-23-2019, 12:16 PM

feeling like -16

NW winds of 34 km

Gusts to 51 km

No precipitation

Glorious. And well-layered.

ensco
02-23-2019, 01:29 PM
Attendance betting.

Hardcore.

I'll take the under.

MightyDM
02-23-2019, 03:07 PM

Once upon a time “we” owned it. And therefore could make these kind of decisions. In fact We built it.

Luanda
02-24-2019, 08:42 AM
CAI lost last night to Tauro: 2-1.

Red CB Toronto
02-24-2019, 10:23 AM
I'll take the under.

Especially with the potential of it being in the area of feeling like -15. Could even drop a few more degrees if the wind kicks up on the lake. It says it all that I saw a pair 13 rows from the centre line in 123 for $60 on StubHub.

JonO
02-24-2019, 11:02 AM
Especially with the potential of it being in the area of feeling like -15. Could even drop a few more degrees if the wind kicks up on the lake. It says it all that I saw a pair 13 rows from the centre line in 123 for $60 on StubHub.
And they won't sell. I can't make it and I am having trouble giving my tickets away...

Auzzy
02-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Latest weather forecast for South Parkdale, 8pm on Tuesday: -8 degrees; feeling like -15; NW winds 18 km/h gusting to 27 km/h. Only dropping 1 degree by the end of the game. I'll be there, but who else?

I hope their fancy tarp survives the crazy winds in the next 24 hours; could be extreme by the lake.

spe18
02-24-2019, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know where on the Toronto FC mobile app you can download the tickets? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the app!

Fort York Redcoat
02-24-2019, 02:29 PM
CAI lost last night to Tauro: 2-1.

It doesn't look like the goal scorer even made the 16 vs Toronto.

Cuppy
02-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Ain’t it great

feeling like -16

NW winds of 34 km

Gusts to 51 km

No precipitation

OgtheDim
02-24-2019, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know where on the Toronto FC mobile app you can download the tickets? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the app!

You have to from there login to your account manager.

spe18
02-24-2019, 05:20 PM
You have to from there login to your account manager.

Ok, and then how do you login to the account manager from the app (this is the part I can't find)?

Joe Kool
02-24-2019, 05:55 PM
Ok, and then how do you login to the account manager from the app (this is the part I can't find)?

Go into the app, pick Tickets tab then look for Account Manager and sign in.

spe18
02-24-2019, 06:37 PM
Go into the app, pick Tickets tab then look for Account Manager and sign in.

I went into the Tickets tab, and there is no option there called "Account Manager". Any clue? Or maybe I'll have to try calling the team tomorrow.

And the only option I see under Tickets tab is for single game tickets.

Redpunkfiddle
02-24-2019, 06:41 PM
I just went to the mobile website. It’s all mobile friendly.

MightyDM
02-24-2019, 06:57 PM
I went into the Tickets tab, and there is no option there called "Account Manager". Any clue? Or maybe I'll have to try calling the team tomorrow.

“Membership Hub”

spe18
02-24-2019, 08:31 PM
“Membership Hub”

Thanks.

But guess what? I don't even see a button for "Membership Hub" :(

Captain
02-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Thanks.

But guess what? I don't even see a button for "Membership Hub" :(

Houston we have a problem! I looked at my tickets in the app a couple days ago. Now they're gone. No account manager link and no membership hub in my app. Anyone know what's going on?

Captain
02-25-2019, 08:51 AM
Houston we have a problem! I looked at my tickets in the app a couple days ago. Now they're gone. No account manager link and no membership hub in my app. Anyone know what's going on?

I was just able to print them by signing on with my computer.

Joe Kool
02-25-2019, 09:05 AM

That's odd. I have Single Game Tickets then under that I have Account Manager. Did you try reloading the app? All the apps should work the same on everyone's phone I would think. I shouldn't have options that you don't if part of the base app.

OgtheDim
02-25-2019, 09:21 AM
That's odd. I have Single Game Tickets then under that I have Account Manager. .

I had that on Saturday but with the "new update", its gone.

NOT good. Mobile entry is what is preferred, not printing a ticket. Maybe this is temporary for this game?

sidvan
02-25-2019, 09:22 AM
That's odd. I have Single Game Tickets then under that I have Account Manager. Did you try reloading the app? All the apps should work the same on everyone's phone I would think. I shouldn't have options that you don't if part of the base app.

i have the same issue suddenly.

OgtheDim
02-25-2019, 10:04 AM
And now its working.....wanted me to link to a Ticketmaster account (no thanks)

OgtheDim
02-25-2019, 10:50 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1100057996837695488

Training at BMO today

MightyDM
02-25-2019, 10:53 AM
Look at the photos in John Molinaro’s tweets. In the big one, it sure looks like we can see the CFL sidelines. Same in the top two small ones.

JonO
02-25-2019, 11:15 AM
Look at the photos in John Molinaro’s tweets. In the big one, it sure looks like we can see the CFL sidelines. Same in the top two small ones.
Pretty sure the turf you are seeing was laid down after the last Argo game at BMO. You may be seeing things :)

FootBallAZ
02-25-2019, 11:27 AM
If the winds stay this strong, y'all still planning on going ?

I was thinking of going for at least the first 25m

OgtheDim
02-25-2019, 11:38 AM
Well its now not forecasting to be "Stay inside or you are going to DIE!!!!" weather so

Current Plan

4 layers on the feet plus toe warmers

5 layers on the legs

8 layers on the body

2 layers on the hands plus hand warmers

1 hat

1 scarf for the face/ears

1 scarf for the neck

Buy a refill hot chocolate cup & keep going back

:scarf:

pfk
02-25-2019, 11:44 AM
Well its now not forecasting to be "Stay inside or you are going to DIE!!!!" weather so

Current Plan

5 layers on the legs

8 layers on the body

1 hat

1 scarf for the neck

Five layers on the legs? Is that four pairs of long johns and then some pants? :)

I have a question. What would be the temperature that they would cancel a game? -20 with wind chill?

Red CB Toronto
02-25-2019, 12:08 PM

Current Plan

5 layers on the legs

8 layers on the body

1 hat

1 scarf for the neck

With it being - 15 with the windchill, figure the stadium will be a ghost town, it's getting into the area of what the Reds played the Rapids in last year. Not sure if it will be worth it, we shall see. A GTD for me, likely make it to Joe's and decide from there.

OgtheDim
02-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Five layers on the legs? Is that four pairs of long johns and then some pants? :)

Wind risistant rain pants on the outer layer FTW :wink5:

notthesun
02-25-2019, 12:24 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1100081462911660032

Joe Kool
02-25-2019, 12:25 PM
Wind risistant rain pants on the outer layer FTW :wink5:

Are you going to look like the kid from Christmas Story? If you fall down does someone have to pick you up? LOL

Joe Kool
02-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Interesting read on CAI's view of the cold and how to prepare.

https://bitacoradeportiva.com/2019/02/jose-marrufo-creo-que-podemos-combatir-el-frio-no-va-a-ser-facil/

Interesting quote in there....they thought TFC was crazy to warm up so long in Panama.

Ponderosa
02-25-2019, 01:13 PM

Current Plan
5 layers on the legs
8 layers on the body
1 hat
1 scarf for the neck

Cold weather game hack from my friends James and Joanna- backwarmers! Worked beautifully during playoffs and final.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1yrhuf.jpg

MightyDM
02-25-2019, 01:20 PM
Pretty sure the turf you are seeing was laid down after the last Argo game at BMO. You may be seeing things :)
Look at his tweet and the photos. Hard to figure out what else those wide sidelines could be. Am open to suggestions.

Captain
02-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Just received a pre-recorded message from TFC reminding me of the game tomorrow and telling me how to access my tickets. It also mentioned the only way to access tickets is through the app and that there is no printing of tickets. Somehow I managed to print mine. I guess because of the weather they're trying to get as many people to the stadium as possible.

Auzzy
02-25-2019, 02:08 PM
Look at his tweet and the photos. Hard to figure out what else those wide sidelines could be. Am open to suggestions.

Sand. Because the ground screw remembered that everybody likes a very sandy pitch so much.

Auzzy
02-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Are you going to look like the kid from Christmas Story? If you fall down does someone have to pick you up? LOL

He can't tip over with that many layers. If he tips over, he'll bounce right back up again.

nfitz
02-25-2019, 03:31 PM
Hmm, I wonder if we'll hit the record low ever ... I'll have to dig through the climate records.After a bit of digging - our coldest match ever (no surprise) was the 2016 MLS cup, where (at Pearson) it was -5.3°C at kickoff (windchill -12°) and -6.0°C at the end of the match (http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/hourly_data_e.html?StationID=51459&timeframe=1&StartYear=1840&EndYear=2019&Year=2016&Month=12&Day=10#).

We'll be breaking that tomorrow if the forecast holds, with -9°C at kickoff (-16°C windchill) dropping to -10°C. Good job it's not supposed to be windy. Yeah, definitely snow pants ...

FootBallAZ
02-25-2019, 06:38 PM
After a bit of digging - our coldest match ever (no surprise) was the 2016 MLS cup, where (at Pearson) it was -5.3°C at kickoff (windchill -12°) and -6.0°C at the end of the match (http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/hourly_data_e.html?StationID=51459&timeframe=1&StartYear=1840&EndYear=2019&Year=2016&Month=12&Day=10#).

We'll be breaking that tomorrow if the forecast holds, with -9°C at kickoff (-16°C windchill) dropping to -10°C. Good job it's not supposed to be windy. Yeah, definitely snow pants ...

big difference is feeling good about the team and some what expecting a decent result.

Not sure I can sit for 90m without goals. If they score one goal in Leaving, if tfc1 doesn't score 1 goal in the first 25m I'm leaving.

Whose fault ? Bill manning and Curtis ali

Lil'John
02-25-2019, 07:22 PM
I printed mine - so they better let me in!!!
I found them on TFC website = Membership Hub (they might have told us they had a fancy new name...) Impossible to find on app - gave up after 15 minutes.

Luanda
02-25-2019, 07:36 PM
big difference is feeling good about the team and some what expecting a decent result.

Not sure I can sit for 90m without goals. If they score one goal in Leaving, if tfc1 doesn't score 1 goal in the first 25m I'm leaving.

Whose fault ? Bill manning and Curtis ali

That is quite harsh, as ADMIN tries to handle the fallout from Vasquez & Seba. Mind you I am not saying ADMIN is absolved of anything.

Heepster
02-26-2019, 10:19 AM
Seems like such a waste. The dome is virtually empty for 7 months...
They won't let us use it. They are 100% against football or other sports on it since they switched to that real infield dirt or whatever it is...
Hah. Home Depot sells something called a rake.As pointed out by others in the pitch thread, Rogers Centre has had monster truck, supercross, and other events during winter in the years since part of the concrete floor was dug up to allow for the new baseball dirt infield to be installed for the baseball season that starts in April. During the baseball off-season in the winter, they can remove the baseball artificial turf, put metal plates over the holes in floor, and move the 100-level seats into the football/soccer configuration. But they now probably only have the artificial turf for the baseball set-up, with its big gaps for the dirt infield and the whole thing fitting the shape of the baseball configuration. I suppose it could be possible for MLSE to buy a temporary new soccer/football artificial surface, but it would cost millions of dollars and then likely only be used once or twice, so just not worth it. Putting temporary grass in for one or two matches worked okay years ago during the summer when the roof was open, but it tore up in pizza boxes sized pieces in November 2013 during a Brazil-Chile friendly, and I think that was the last soccer match there and the only time the temporary real grass was attempted outside of summer and after the roof had been closed for the winter.

ensco
02-26-2019, 10:41 AM
What is the point of ticket takers tonight?

They should just spare the ticket checkers frostbite, and just open the gates.

OgtheDim
02-26-2019, 10:47 AM
What is the point of ticket takers tonight?

They should just spare the ticket checkers frostbite, and just open the gates.

Stats - gotta know the uptake. This is pretty much the lowest point in this team's fortunes since before the Bloody Big Deal.

If you want to know your lowest base # of who will show up no matter what - that's tonight.

Hamilton_Red
02-26-2019, 11:10 AM
-9 Degrees at kick-off with winds at 20km/hr gusting to 30km/hr by the lakeshore. This will be colder than the 2016 Cup final. It is virtually unplayable and will be very surreal for the less than 5,000 that show up.

As much as I convince myself that the ship has sailed & that we are better not worrying about CONCACAF as it comes too soon on some major player changes.... I can't help but think...

The Panamanians will not know what hit them. It is going to be impossible for them to play more than 10 minutes. The ball will be like a rock. There is chance for legendary status for whoever in TFC can tough it out...Bradley...Osorio...Boyd...Delgado...

MightyDM
02-26-2019, 11:14 AM
-9 Degrees at kick-off with winds at 20km/hr gusting to 30km/hr by the lakeshore. This will be colder than the 2016 Cup final. It is virtually unplayable and will be very surreal for the less than 5,000 that show up.

As much as I convince myself that the ship has sailed & that we are better not worrying about CONCACAF as it comes too soon on some major player changes.... I can't help but think...

The Panamanians will not know what hit them. It is going to be impossible for them to play more than 10 minutes. The ball will be like a rock. There is chance for legendary status for whoever in TFC can tough it out...Bradley...Osorio...Boyd...Delgado...

This is a game made for DeRo and Will Johnson. But I'll be there. Expecting the inevitable but hoping for the improbable. Because that's what we do.

Cas87
02-26-2019, 11:20 AM
This is a game made for DeRo and Will Johnson. But I'll be there. Expecting the inevitable but hoping for the improbable. Because that's what we do.

That should have been TFC's motto from 2007-2015 ha ha ha

ensco
02-26-2019, 12:02 PM
I don’t see how they play this game. These are unplayable, unsafe conditions.

Ponderosa
02-26-2019, 12:09 PM

Ridiculous be playing in this weather - noting - hockey and curling are actually played ON ICE - but they at least are smart enough to do it INDOORS.

We already have people out on injury - I would hate to loose anyone tonight ahead of March 2 season kick off.

Gringo Starr
02-26-2019, 12:37 PM
I know it's not likely but it's too early in the season to be without any sense of hope so Boyd and Oso with a brace each and Moor gets the fifth with a header off a corner

Joe Kool
02-26-2019, 12:43 PM

I thought that last year for the Rapids game in the CCL in Colorado but they played it. Pretty sure that was colder too. Nothing shocks me after that. The game goes on....

Graeme
02-26-2019, 12:45 PM
I know it's not likely but it's too early in the season to be without any sense of hope so Boyd and Oso with a brace each and Moor gets the fifth with a header off a corner

Oso with 2, Delgado with 2. Bradley scores on a 40 yard desperation attempt in the dying minutes.

Joe Kool
02-26-2019, 12:48 PM
According to Vanney the plan is 1 goal in each 20 min stretch of the game and then going to OT to finish it off. I wonder if they make it past that first 20 min without a goal if it will affect them mentally when they are breaking it down like that with the players.

OgtheDim
02-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Every scenario from Red cards to an early goal for them comes to mind. Unlike the Liga Mx guys last year, the Panamanians seem up for it - gotta respect that lot.

Then, go out and shove that 40 year old on his ass a few times & fight for the damn badge.

whositwhatnow
02-26-2019, 01:48 PM
Did anyone ever think they are doing the opposite of last year and giving up the CCL to win the MLS Cup lol.

nfitz
02-26-2019, 01:49 PM
According to Vanney the plan is 1 goal in each 20 min stretch of the game and then going to OT to finish it off.How does Vanney not know that there's no extra-time, and it goes straight to penalty kicks?

benito
02-26-2019, 02:01 PM
Did anyone ever think they are doing the opposite of last year and giving up the CCL to win the MLS Cup lol.

That works for me! :)

sidvan
02-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Ridiculous be playing in this weather - noting - hockey and curling are actually played ON ICE - but they at least are smart enough to do it INDOORS.

We already have people out on injury - I would hate to loose anyone tonight ahead of March 2 season kick off.

thank goodness they no longer have long sleeves! :facepalm:

MightyDM
02-26-2019, 04:44 PM
That should have been TFC's motto from 2007-2015 ha ha ha

Four years late but still relevant!

FootBallAZ
02-26-2019, 04:45 PM
If they don't score within the first 25ms I'm leaving.
If the other teams scores one goal im out.

Terrible mis management , hate that they moved away from trying to be first team from MLS to win
Those games were hype, more than MLS playoffs

Casuals were watching and into more than MLS cup

Oldtimer
02-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Just received a pre-recorded message from TFC reminding me of the game tomorrow and telling me how to access my tickets. It also mentioned the only way to access tickets is through the app and that there is no printing of tickets. Somehow I managed to print mine. I guess because of the weather they're trying to get as many people to the stadium as possible.

My email from TFC told me I could print my ticket, which I did.

Looking forward to seeing my Reds after a long break. Not expecting much chance of winning 5-0, but you never know.

OgtheDim
02-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Layers on soon

Hey...its an adventure.

Cuppy
02-26-2019, 05:38 PM
Regardless of the weather, result or how empty the stadium is tonight all that matters is that we’re back at BMO after what seems to be forever since last October. Take it in folks and enjoy the night. Think how great it will be if we pull this one off tonight. And if we don’t we move on. First world problems everyone , first world problems

ensco
02-26-2019, 05:48 PM
Layers on soon

Hey...its an adventure.

I am wimping out.

Enjoy.

Richard
02-26-2019, 05:57 PM
Make sure to wear some protection.

https://i.imgur.com/e2UdEhu.jpg

FootBallAZ
02-26-2019, 06:47 PM
I am wimping out.

Enjoy.

unexpected man!

I'm at liberty if anyone wants to walk hit me ip

stegosaurus
02-26-2019, 06:54 PM
unexpected man!

Props to everyone who shows up! It was a balmy 15 degrees or so here today, but I’ll be up until 4am watching this... I guess lack of sleep isn’t as bad as frostbite!

69Chevy396
02-26-2019, 06:55 PM
unexpected man!

I heard the Panama team are huddled in a hotel room with the heat turned way up. I thought of giving them a call, with the suggestion of pouring cold water on their heads just before running onto the field. It helps to prevent frost bite, I will tell em.

jasper
02-26-2019, 07:25 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1100548309830328320

Like this lineup. Was hoping Hamilton would get the nod over Boyd, time for a breakout performance.

Red I
02-26-2019, 07:27 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1100548309830328320

Like this lineup. Was hoping Hamilton would get the nod over Boyd, time for a breakout performance.

I was hoping for 4 goals, not 3 non-starter quality attackers. Yay

jasper
02-26-2019, 07:40 PM
I was hoping for 4 goals, not 3 non-starter quality attackers. Yay

Which "starter quality" attackers of ours were you hoping would start? Telfer? Endoh? Shaffelburg? Boyd?

Red I
02-26-2019, 07:40 PM
Which "starter quality" attackers of ours were you hoping would start? Telfer? Endoh? Shaffelburg? Boyd?

Bah, you got me there. Well played

BritSOL
02-26-2019, 07:44 PM
Any streams? Currently in Punta Cana and TSN app won’t play, even with a vpn!

ensco
02-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Akinola over Boyd is worrying. I hope it means Boyd is carrying a knock and can’t go 90.

jasper
02-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Akinola over Boyd is worrying. I hope it means Boyd is carrying a knock and can’t go 90.

Hamilton is just as good as Boyd in my books, if not better.

dreaddogs
02-26-2019, 07:49 PM
So... How many empty seats tonight . 2nd tier stands closed off?

jasper
02-26-2019, 07:49 PM

Try this https://sports.yahoo.com/videos/concacaf-champions-league/

jazzy
02-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Win tonight , oh god they have to , say 3-0 but imaginary scores , have no idea who will score , if panama scores any goals are D is done , and sign the guy up . Has anyone ever kicked a ball at -10 ? Now there’s a curve that won’t happen . For any penalties simply have the strongest legs on the team . We could have won this game easy with a conservative approach last week , but as Vanney said ....he’s determined to play his formation . Regardless . Never heard a great coach say that . .......And keep his job . (Nuff said )

ensco
02-26-2019, 07:55 PM
Hamilton is just as good as Boyd in my books, if not better.

Hmmm. If you say so. I don’t see it.

It is hard to have an opinion on Boyd. But he was at one time near Altidore.

Mikmacdo
02-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Where is Telfer? He should at least be on the bench. Is he injured?

BritSOL
02-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Try this https://sports.yahoo.com/videos/concacaf-champions-league/

Thanks

karlosarmenta
02-26-2019, 08:01 PM
maybe here? its what I used last week

http://livetv.sx/enx/eventinfo/770811_toronto_independiente_la_chorrera/#_

jazzy
02-26-2019, 08:02 PM

Shame if true , should put Boyd in immediately after his let down , it would do wonders for him and we picked him up so why break the guy , ( remember they and others here are saying these games don’t count and are like preseason . BUT not sure about Akinola replacing Boyd , Akinola should play he upset teams ( when he played with his attack and speed) . Yes he lacks a touch at this time but unlike most on the team he’s fast and attacks . He was promising last year and then of course ignored similar to Edwards . I guess because he doesn’t fit into someone’s formations .

FootBallAZ
02-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Slowly going . Misjudged the amount of Layers and time lol

jazzy
02-26-2019, 08:15 PM
4-4-2 ......somebody was told .....and Hamilton instead of Boyd they are two similar to play together ...that’s why Akinola .

tfcfans
02-26-2019, 08:15 PM
For anyone at BMO - how many does it look like are sitting on the West side? — assuming that will be the “fullest” part of the stadium and not really seen on TV......

ensco
02-26-2019, 08:16 PM
Ball looks like it’s made of concrete

notthesun
02-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Oh my god we're playing on a beach

tfcfans
02-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Kicking a ball in the sand tonight —- looks slow as molasses out there......

Super
02-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Here's a working YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMeDkruvIlA

Kaz
02-26-2019, 08:19 PM

If we are already seeing "knocks" start then the ENTIRE fitness staff needs to be replaced. The team gets too many knocks.

catz4ever
02-26-2019, 08:20 PM
What a horrible field!!!!

Richard
02-26-2019, 08:28 PM
Well we look so much better than last game. Just not sure who is going to finish.

ensco
02-26-2019, 08:30 PM
We only look better because they are parking the bus.

This is a farce.

tfcfans
02-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately we still need to actually score goals —- really hard to win games when you can’t score....

Richard
02-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Oh ok. :(

Richard
02-26-2019, 08:33 PM
Hooray!

tfcfans
One down 3 to go......

ensco
Hmmm. If you say so. I don’t see it.

It is hard to have an opinion on Boyd. But he was at one time near Altidore.

OK I see it now!

notthesun
02-26-2019, 08:34 PM
I was about to say we don't play the style that's going to get goals today - can't expect to connect a lot of quick passes on this pitch, goals are going to come from set pieces and crosses.

Nice header from Hamilton. I think that needs to be the gameplan here. Get the ball wide and fire crosses in. Playing through the middle is gonna be a challenge.

tfcfans
02-26-2019, 08:34 PM
Hamilton wearing number 7 seems weird to me.....

jasper
02-26-2019, 08:37 PM
OK I see it now!

Had a good feeling!

oldtraffordPEI
02-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Well, we look a little more hungry tonight.

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Okay, nice to see us adjust the formation and not look like a last place MLS team. Let's keep it up.

Richard
02-26-2019, 08:43 PM
This game is begging for someone who can shoot from right outside the box. Fuck they are coughing up so many balls we should have had 3 by now.

Nico
02-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Nice, thank you.

OMG, Wileman thinks Pozuelo is Belgian.

glaze
02-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Are the iniebriatti back? Thought I saw their flags/scarves after the first goal

Canary10
02-26-2019, 08:45 PM
This is possibly the worst pitch I’ve ever seen.

Canary10
02-26-2019, 08:46 PM
It’s 80% sand. This pitch is sand.

Nico
02-26-2019, 08:47 PM
Are the iniebriatti back? Thought I saw their flags/scarves after the first goal

Apparently they are back through the back door, via the section in the east that was moved into 114.

Canary10
02-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Who was it that said VV left because of the pitch? Anyone think that’s far fetched now?

Richard
02-26-2019, 08:50 PM
To be fair its been a shit winter and its February.

oldtraffordPEI
02-26-2019, 08:51 PM
If we keep knocking on the door, we are bound to bag a few. Looking good

notthesun
02-26-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm liking DeLeon.

Canary10
02-26-2019, 08:52 PM
To be fair its been a shit winter and its February.

I know, I live here. I’ve been training for the Boston Marathon in this. It’s awful. But fuck no one should have to play on a sand pitch.

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 08:54 PM
I know, I live here. I’ve been training for the Boston Marathon in this. It’s awful. But fuck no one should have to play on a sand pitch.
Yeah agreed. There has to be a better way.

ensco
02-26-2019, 09:01 PM
Who was it that said VV left because of the pitch? Anyone think that’s far fetched now?

I made a big statement about that. I think others did too.

Canary10
02-26-2019, 09:04 PM
I made a big statement about that. I think others did too.

Honestly someone is going to do in their knee or their ankles in this. It’s ridiculous. We point at the trainers for the injury rate? Maybe just look at the pitch.

jloome
02-26-2019, 09:05 PM
OK I see it now!

Hamilton has always been more skilled than Boyd; Boyd's big thing was his speed combined with strength. He's faster than Jozy, or he was before he got crocked. Hamilton went to Portugal because big clubs were scouting him after the Tottenham game and they wanted to see if he was ready to go, which clearly he was not. The knock was always work-rate, although he always looks like he's hustling to me. He knows where to be, he just wasn't there often enough, basically, in training.

nonc
02-26-2019, 09:06 PM
What is Mavinga doing smh.

nonc
02-26-2019, 09:07 PM
Why so much sand???

Hamilton_Red
02-26-2019, 09:09 PM
Much better from TFC. We really could have had 3 goals. with Jozy playing - we’d probably have 3.

Hamilton took the goal well - should have started last week. Deleon looks a player. the pitch is brutal - it’s barely playable..ball doesn’t roll. we meed a quick goal in the second half. would have really made it something if we had taken. second.

it is possible.

GBV
02-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Nice, thank you.

OMG, Wileman thinks Pozuelo is Belgian.

I laughed too. Geezus.

tfcfans
02-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Jozy staying?! Another 4 years?! Please be healthy!!!

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 09:17 PM
Hamilton has always been more skilled than Boyd; Boyd's big thing was his speed combined with strength. He's faster than Jozy, or he was before he got crocked. Hamilton went to Portugal because big clubs were scouting him after the Tottenham game and they wanted to see if he was ready to go, which clearly he was not. The knock was always work-rate, although he always looks like he's hustling to me. He knows where to be, he just wasn't there often enough, basically, in training.
Definitely a good first half from Hamilton. The only thing that has let him down that half is the interplay with the other attackers. He's trying to do the right thing, laying it off for 1-2's and the sort, but they're not on. Sometimes he's just got to wait or turn to his blind side and fire it.

That said, Akinola seemed to be the reference point up top at times so they're a good pairing, surprisingly.

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 09:19 PM
@KristianJack (https://twitter.com/KristianJack)FollowFollow
@KristianJack

More

As I just reported on TSN multiple sources have confirmed to me that Jozy Altidore & Toronto FC have agreed to terms on a new deal that would run through the 2022 season. This isn’t official yet but an agreement is in place for the star striker to remain with #TFCLive (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/MLS_19_TFC/MLS_19_TFC.png (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash)

James17930
02-26-2019, 09:22 PM
If we keep going like this and they keep sitting back, we should score more. Just don't know if it can be 3 more.

PizzaEatingYeti
02-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Time is running out.
If until the 70th minute it's not at least 2-0, we are out.

ensco
02-26-2019, 09:32 PM
I am so happy about the Jozy news that I could care less about this joke of a game.

I think the Panamanians are playing the dead camel formation.

notthesun
02-26-2019, 09:32 PM
Akinola looks a bit lost on these crosses. His best asset is his speed and obviously this is not the game for that.

TFC Tifoso
02-26-2019, 09:39 PM
I am so happy about the Jozy news that I could care less about this joke of a game.

Same here....Jozy re-signing will settle the team and take away the uncertainty. There may be some skill to replace yet, but this will be a focused bunch who all WANT to be here.

With Pozo on the way and now this, my outlook has certainly gone up.

tfcfans
Jozy’s contract would run out at age 32 —- that’s about as far as we should go on a DP deal - hopefully Poz signs a deal for the same length, and Bradley signs a TAM deal and another DP can be had that’s a bit younger.....

ensco
Panamanians parking the tanker very effectively

TFC Tifoso
02-26-2019, 09:40 PM
and that's that....

tfcfans
02-26-2019, 09:41 PM
.....And that’s over with.....

See everyone on the 17th and maybe we have a full team on March 29th where we will see what we actually have......

PizzaEatingYeti
02-26-2019, 09:41 PM
Good night guys.
Sleep well.

rocktml
02-26-2019, 09:42 PM
Is ciman secretly working with Montreal still?????

notthesun
That was very not good on Ciman. And Bono, at least put up a fight man. I don't get how he has regressed so severely.

SoccMan2
Ciman baby he our man haha Ciman , Ciman ha ha , get use to fuck ups by C fucken mon lol!!!

catz4ever
02-26-2019, 09:43 PM
Sub out the main guys or anyone with a slight injury it’s more than over

gracos
02-26-2019, 09:43 PM
Our team was Giovinco, if this is our team even with Pozuelo we arent making it far this season, therefore can call this season over before it even started

Canary10
02-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Calamity Ciman?

TFC Tifoso
02-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Ciman has been horrific through 2 games so far....

jloome
02-26-2019, 09:47 PM

Gahd, DeLeon is a truly hideous player.

And we need Moor leading the backline. As Caldwell states, two athletes together means bad mistakes. Remember O'Dear, and Garcia, and Hagglund?

gracos
02-26-2019, 09:48 PM
I said about Ciman, the only reason he is here is for his child, he is not a starter CB anymore, dont know why we signed him other than being a charity in Cimans favour

jloome
02-26-2019, 09:50 PM
I still think Endoh might come good. He's tidy and he has a fourth-gear workrate.

Canary10
Caldwell said it exactly. Mavinga and Ciman aren’t complementary.

ag futbol
Gahd, DeLeon is a truly hideous player.

And we need Moor leading the backline. As Caldwell states, two athletes together means bad mistakes. Remember O'Dear, and Garcia, and Hagglund?
I will say this about DeLeon: at least he's willing to take on a man. Most guys on this team face up a defender on the corner of the box and want to pass it off. Weak.

notthesun
Yeah it's really feeling like our hopes of being at least average defensively this year rely on Moor's fitness. Not a good feeling.

Hamilton_Red
02-26-2019, 09:51 PM
We are right back to realizing that we have not fixed the defence - in fact Ciman might be a downgrade from Hagland. Where the heck are Zavaletta and Moor? Both Mavinga and Ciman were culpable on that goal.

We also are massively weak on the striker front...with Jozy...we have only one real striker. Hamilton - Akinola - Boyd don’t look like they are the right level. We need a TAM winger & a TAM striker. Also I think Delgado is a spent force. If he was Canadian - he wouldn’t be playing.

jloome
02-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Again, why has no one in MLS signed Omar Browne?

whositwhatnow
02-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Can someone explain why the heLl Ciman was signed....

jloome
02-26-2019, 09:53 PM
I will say this about DeLeon: at least he's willing to take on a man.

Yes, his ability to dribble into space and lose control of the ball is uncanny.

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 09:53 PM
In switching Ricketts for Boyd i feel like we traded a fast guy with cinder block feet for a strong guy with cinder block feet.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort in this one but as Mr. Negative (rightfully, for once) mentions, there's bigger challenges ahead. We don't look ready for those Poz or not.

jloome
02-26-2019, 09:56 PM
In switching Ricketts for Boyd i feel like we traded a fast guy with cinder block feet for a strong guy with cinder block feet.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort in this one but as Mr. Negative (rightfully, for once) mentions, there's bigger challenges ahead. We don't look ready for those Poz or not.

I'm quite serious; we should sign Browne. He's probably cheap as shit and he just dribbled by three of our starters like they weren't there. I imagine he'd be a decent cheap wide option.

RealG-TFC
02-26-2019, 09:59 PM
Whatever, Seba's departure and the subsequent instability killed any shot we had in CCL. Let's just win the Domestic Cup and go gung ho CCL next year with an established squad

Kaz
02-26-2019, 10:00 PM
Can someone explain why the heLl Ciman was signed....

Honestly I think it was for Canadian Content.

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 10:00 PM
I'm quite serious; we should sign Browne. He's probably cheap as shit and he just dribbled by three of our starters like they weren't there. I imagine he'd be a decent cheap wide option.
You never know. From what we've seen so far Andy Welsh might look like a quality attacking option staring down this defence.

jloome
02-26-2019, 10:02 PM
You never know. From what we've seen so far Andy Welsh might look like a quality attacking option staring down this defence.

Perchance even Colin Hamuel.

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 10:04 PM
Perchance even Colin Hamuel.
I thought Welsh was rock bottom, but i concede Samuel too, yes.

gracos
02-26-2019, 10:04 PM
Is .75 of a starter striker enough to do well this season?? I really would like to know if Altidore is injured which has happened every year since he has been here, how are we going to do well this season, yes we have a lot of good pieces but i dont feel Vanney has figured out what formation/mentality he wants for his team and we cannot fill the spots because we dont know who we are, I feel we are so off of what we could of done in December to now, that its going to take a while to gel and build chemistry being to late to be competitive this year, and we really havent improved our back line to lessen the goals allowed, the club needs to figure itself out and because it hasnt; its a writeoff of a season

noimpactinmtl
02-26-2019, 10:05 PM

Ricketts is 31, and speed is the first physical trait to decline with age. What is a pace merchant without pace and the touch of R Kelly?

SoccMan2
02-26-2019, 10:06 PM
Disgraceful!!

ag futbol
02-26-2019, 10:08 PM
Ricketts is 31, and speed is the first physical trait to decline with age. What is a pace merchant without pace and the touch of R Kelly?
In his (non) defence, I really fail to see how Boyd is an upgrade to anything. It's a different version of he same problem. This league has tons of american journeymen strikers better than what we've stocked our roster with. Heck, from what i've seen so far, Hamilton and Akinola are just fine as an alternative vs. either Boyd or Ricketts.

69Chevy396
02-26-2019, 10:11 PM
I thought Welsh was rock bottom, but i concede Samuel too, yes.
You forgot the dude who rode his bike to work....Andrea Lombardo

69Chevy396
02-26-2019, 10:12 PM
That was Delgado’s best game since 2017. And wonderboy Osorio’s worst.

SoccMan2
02-26-2019, 10:15 PM
If they were so desperate in signing a center back instead of useless Ciman they could have signed Canadian David Edgar at least he is Canadian and in my opinion less mistake prone than this bonehead.