PDA

View Full Version : Carver post game video

redrocket08
08-03-2008, 10:22 PM
carver pretty much sums it all up...
http://websvr01.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

TicTacTabarnack
08-03-2008, 10:34 PM
"Well ... you have a much better vantage point than I and now that you mention it ... I'll take your word for it and I think I'll have a look at the DVD to see where the incident took place!" Love it! Put it right back into the reporters plate. i.e. You're finally starting to realize how piss poor the refereeing is in this league! The main reason behind why it's the first time in Carver's life that he refused to shake a refs hand!

Kevvv
08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
He looks, I don't know, baffled. Like he's thinking, wtf do we have to do here? Had some good words for Cunningham, so good to hear that he's not written anybody of (and he can't ill afford to anyway).

andyc
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
I love the line that he thinks he's run over a black cat!!

This comes from the guy who's been involved in Leeds and Luton!! Things have got to look up soon!

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 10:39 PM
He looks, I don't know, baffled. Like he's thinking, wtf do we have to do here? Had some good words for Cunningham, so good to hear that he's not written anybody of (and he can't ill afford to anyway).

Cunningham deserved some nice comments. He worked hard and ran for every ball. He showed more than he has in quite some time.

Kevvv
08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I thought today he just may get that 100th.

adampz
08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I hate this tfc player, its always buffering.

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
You referring to Cunningham? ;)

TicTacTabarnack
08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
3 words ... "Hands on Hips" He has a lot to do to make up for everything he has missed.

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM

Really? It starts instantly for me. No buffering at all!

mclaren
08-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Cunningham deserved some nice comments. He worked hard and ran for every ball. He showed more than he has in quite some time.

agreed, the constant booing of him is nothing short of shameless. one of our best players today - put in a ton of effort.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-03-2008, 11:15 PM
why don't these interviews play without interruption?

Cadaren
08-03-2008, 11:35 PM
why don't these interviews play without interruption?

Because either their server is loaded or your connection sucks, running crystal smooth here.

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Carver sucks

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I want to hear what Carver has to say after he sees video of these freaking calls.

boban
08-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I want to hear what Carver has to say after he sees video of these freaking calls.
Let me save you the suspense.
He'll blame the refs, the fieldturf, the import rules, injuries, MLS FO, the weather, the media and anything else, but he will not take that look in the mirror.

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Because if he looks in the mirror he will see Baldomero Toledo? LOL! I will give you this...you Carver-haters sure are persistent.

Blizzard
08-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Because if he looks in the mirror he will see Baldomero Toledo? LOL! I will give you this...you Carver-haters sure are persistent.

Uh, ya, that's one word for it! :cool:

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
FYI guys...if you watch real closely before the Guevara red card, you can see the Dallas player swinging at what we assume is Guevara. I am not kidding.

If the Dallas player is not disciplined it will be a complete injustice.

This ref was a complete joke. How the hell can we blame Carver for that? It should NOT have been a PK...it should have been TWO red cards period.

Blizzard
08-04-2008, 12:24 AM
FYI guys...if you watch real closely before the Guevara red card, you can see the Dallas player swinging at what we assume is Guevara. I am not kidding.

This ref was a complete joke. How the hell can we blame Carver for that? It should NOT have been a PK...it should have been TWO red cards period.

.... and a free kick to us as it was their guy who started the whole thing with the first elbow a good ten yards outside the box!

boban
08-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I'm not a hater of him but his post game pressers are sure becoming predictable. Last few games all I hear is same old same old.
He's becoming boring and predictable - much like TFC play in the field is presently.

boban
08-04-2008, 12:36 AM

Fair enough, but it still doesn't explain the listless effort and that fact they had 79 minutes to get something on the board and they failed in that regard.
This teams scoring woes are comical as another goalless streak at home is approaching 300 minutes. 2nd year expansion excuse my ass.

Blizzard
08-04-2008, 12:50 AM
Fair enough, but it still doesn't explain the listless effort and that fact they had 79 minutes to get something on the board and they failed in that regard.
This teams scoring woes are comical as another goalless streak at home is approaching 300 minutes. 2nd year expansion excuse my ass.

The chances were there. We should have been up by 3 at the half (optimistically speaking).

iansmcl
08-04-2008, 12:55 AM
We can blame the ref for blowing the calls against Vancouver/Dallas/etc. all we want but the fact is when we have chances to score we still manage to blow them... and only the few that we get each game, regardless of whether the ref is making calls against or for us.

The more we are willing to blame the ref, the less changes TFC needs to make.

Ratven
08-04-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm liking Carver more and more as this shit keeps happening, I really feel for him, because much of this stuff is out of his control. TFC actually did look pretty good before half time. I really don't understand what a lot of people expect.. a coach has to make due with what he's given by front office. If the team is not willing to spend the money, money that they're making hands and feet above mostly any other team in the league, then I don't see what exactly Carver is supposed to do. Strategies be damned, if the players are incompetent, that's that.

edmundo
08-04-2008, 02:03 AM
i actually thought cunningham continued to suck today and i couldn't understand why he was on the field or for as long as he was,and hadn't the refs bailed out carver today i would have actually blamed him for the impending nil-nil draw, i think carver should be thanking the refs for malfunctioning the way they did

jloome
08-04-2008, 02:21 AM
i actually thought cunningham continued to suck today and i couldn't understand why he was on the field or for as long as he was,and hadn't the refs bailed out carver today i would have actually blamed him for the impending nil-nil draw, i think carver should be thanking the refs for malfunctioning the way they did

Not fair dude, he worked pretty hard today, created some problems.

Ratven
08-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Yeah I thought Cunningham definitely tried harder and worked more this game than the entire rest of the season thus far.

Draracle
08-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Cunny was better than normal, yet still lacking. Chad looked ok too, but nothing special. The team was hit and miss, sometimes on the ball, sometimes sucking.

I feel like I have run over a black cat.

Cashcleaner
08-04-2008, 04:34 AM
I think Cunningham was given an ultimatum and has realised that the new coach isn't gonna put up with his antics. The fire has been lit under his ass and he knows he needs to show some results. Personally, I think his days have been numbered for a while now, but whether or not he knew that is a different matter.

This is a prediction: Toronto FC won't make the playoffs this year and Carver is gonna demand more authority to build a new roster the way he wants it. We'll still see guys like Brennan, Wynne, and (hopefully) Dichio carry over into 2009, but I suspect we'll see some huge additions coming from the draft and other avenues. Also, let's remember that Seattle will have their entry draft as well that year and I'm pretty sure Carver will use it and actively shop some of the deadweight for the Sounders. I'm also fairly confident we will get a DP signed for next season to complement the existing roster. 2009 will see a change in the team much greater than the one for 2008 and Carver will be given even more responsibilities than before.

BuSaPuNk
08-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Did anyone notice after the end of the game two TFC players I can't remember who but when over to the ref to shake there hands and Carver grabed them that told them to leave the pitch. I think Brennan was the 2nd player to go over to the refs and Carver grabbed Brennan and threw him litterally to the sideline. I think that was a class act on Carvers part. Listen if they want to call a bullshit game they don't deserve any respect from the players.

Heathen
08-04-2008, 07:31 AM
agreed, the constant booing of him is nothing short of shameless. one of our best players today - put in a ton of effort.

bollocks he put in the minimum acceptable level of effort no more and besides his touch was shit, he's like a trampoline the ball bounces so far off him

MFG1
08-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Yeah I thought Cunningham definitely tried harder and worked more this game than the entire rest of the season thus far.

Too little too late, he is only going to try now because you know he wants to leave too, as he has to know how we feel about him. you dont think if he got his stupid 100th goal that he would try much after that? he is a selfish underachieving,underpowered,lazy finishing,no vision type player. I hate it more that he is still here, than our little slump. I really do

booing? is shameless? aaaawwww, HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO DESERVE A STARTING ROLE ON THIS TEAM, all year. period. Its like playing house league sports when you are a kid, everyone gets a chance........

CoachGT
08-04-2008, 08:33 AM
^^ Beyond a coach's ultimatum. He's been given a reality check - nobody out there wants him. Now he has to turn it on or his career is over. And where else can you find a job that pays over $200k like this.

While not an excuse, the refereeing is horrible. Why can't MLS bring in two referees from each of the Euro countries for summer duty, if only to act as advisors and perhaps linesmen. The quality of refereeing is a serious issue if coaches and players don't know what is being called game in and game out.

Otherwise, the salary cap is critical for player slection. Look at LA - two or three top players, and then the roster has fill-ins making lower salaries. Bring in a top player, like Beckham, and it will attract other top players. But what is the point if you can't pay them? And others line up to play on the same team as Beckham, not against him - look at the lineup that wants to come to LA. The same could occur here. I hope that when the current players association contract expires (next year??) that the cap issue is addressed so that better caliber players (and an expanded roster) can be brought in.

Bobo
08-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Actually I think Carver threw Brennan away to avoid another suspension. Jimmy looked just about ready to knock the banana's head off.

SQUIRREL
08-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I just hope things get better, and quick. LATELY I think we have scored more on the road than at home. Don't quote me on that, just feels this way. (Road-RSL:1goal, CHI:1goal....Home:0-0 vs SJ, 0-2 vs DAL????? It's getting frustrating IMO.

Yohan
08-04-2008, 09:14 AM
While not an excuse, the refereeing is horrible. Why can't MLS bring in two referees from each of the Euro countries for summer duty, if only to act as advisors and perhaps linesmen. The quality of refereeing is a serious issue if coaches and players don't know what is being called game in and game out.

Because that means MLs is admitting that the league is shite in terms of officiating and that means losing face. (and rep of poor officiating in league prevents other player from coming over)

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Too little too late from cunningham.

Sure he hustled, but he still didnt score, flubbed a couple of balls and knocked it into touch needlessly twice.

Not Enough IMO.

Pyeddo
08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
bollocks he put in the minimum acceptable level of effort no more and besides his touch was shit, he's like a trampoline the ball bounces so far off him

Amen..... it all comes back to "hands on hips"

MG42
08-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Too little too late from cunningham.

Sure he hustled, but he still didnt score, flubbed a couple of balls and knocked it into touch needlessly twice.

Not Enough IMO.

When are they going to cut this guy loose? Hoenestly this is getting stupid...I would rather have anyone play 2nd striker than him...anyone! James, Hemming, Harmse you name it :)

And Cunny isn't as fast as they would like you to believe, he never beats a defender to a ball in a foot race.

Carter
08-04-2008, 09:26 AM
And Cunny isn't as fast as they would like you to believe, he never beats a defender to a ball in a foot race.

I can beat Cunny in a foot race, and im wayyyyy outta shape... FFS

rocktml
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Anyone have any inside info on this player T.O is close to signing?

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Anyone have any inside info on this player T.O is close to signing?

Do a search for "Paul Dickov" on these forums, and you'll come up with more than a handful of information.

- Scott

nfitz
08-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Yeah I thought Cunningham definitely tried harder and worked more this game than the entire rest of the season thus far.It looked like he was running like his career depended on it.

nfitz
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Actually I think Carver threw Brennan away to avoid another suspension. Jimmy looked just about ready to knock the banana's head off.Looked like he had his hand out to shake from the CBC coverage.

CoachGT
08-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Brennan himself made the comment elsewhere that it was probably a good thing that Carver did what he did. Sometimes, the easiest way to get a shot in at a ref is to come up, extend your hand and hold him there while you "politely" give him an earful, so that it doesn't look like you're trashing him.

One thing that referees really seem to get annoyed with, and I noticed Carver doing it yesterday, was standing up and clapping for the ref after a call. Sarcastic as hell, and in my experience, is a precursor of (bad) things to come.

If you watched, as the players left the pitch, even Edwards said "hello" to the ref from a distance.

I'm impressed that Carver stayed with a short bench, only giving players spots if they earned it in the reserve game. Sends a hell of a message, even if it is a little ballsy when you're already short.

bhoybobby
08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
It's not Carver's fault that the following are not good enough:

Velez: Taxi please
Robert: Tons of skill, lazy fuck
RR: Has skill, exhibits poor decision making, hardly ever goes outside his man, always comes inside.
Guevera: Has the goods, but won't deliver whule he has that me 1st attitude, terrible discipline.
Cunningham: No skill, not even speed now, Laughable that folk gave him credit for trying hard,

We need some genuine class hungry talent & some quality depth, Have doen for many many months. This squad is not good enough, or deep enough.

This is not Carver's fault, Mo is getting a free ride folks, hate to say it, but he's getting off light.

Bluenose13
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
It's not Carver's fault that the following are not good enough:

Velez: Taxi please
Robert: Tons of skill, lazy fuck
RR: Has skill, exhibits poor decision making, hardly ever goes outside his man, always comes inside.
Guevera: Has the goods, but won't deliver whule he has that me 1st attitude, terrible discipline.
Cunningham: No skill, not even speed now, Laughable that folk gave him credit for trying hard,

We need some genuine class hungry talent & some quality depth, Have doen for many many months. This squad is not good enough, or deep enough.

This is not Carver's fault, Mo is getting a free ride folks, hate to say it, but he's getting off light.How predictable BB.......As soon as the team starts to struggle you head back to pre-season form :rolleyes:

rocker
08-04-2008, 09:43 PM
ya, if anyone was giving Mojo a free ride it was BB ;)
I thought the pre-season venom would continue but it dissipated until now....

bhoybobby
08-04-2008, 09:52 PM
How predicatable? The needs from pre-season are still very present, I consistently said we lacked depth, we still do.

Mo knew about the olympics, injuries & suspensions are par for the course, I also went on about that.

Pray tell where you disagree. I think Mo dragging his feet is predicatable. He made a couple of signings which I gave him credit for at the time, IMHO, I think these signings been very so so on the field.

If you're happy with things as they are, bully for you. If you take exception to any of my points, let me here your response on where I'm wrong & why.

Good luck tomorrow

bhoybobby
08-04-2008, 09:54 PM
ya, if anyone was giving Mojo a free ride it was BB ;)
I thought the pre-season venom would continue but it dissipated until now....

No venom I can see in anything I've posted. You happy with Mo's performance?

DigzTFC!
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
I think to a degree, Mo has not taken a lot of heat the Carver has. In MY own opinion, I find it hard to believe that we cannot find good enough players to bring here for the right price.

Normal excuses
1) Field Turf: NY brought in 4-5 players during the window and the Revs have no problem filling out their lineup
2) Asking too much money - every other team operates within the cap

What the issue seems to be to me is that the player pool Mo is sourcing from have the aforementioned issues and neefs to be realistic in his search. Whether that means sourcing Central and South American or African, I don't know, but there are quality players to be signed on a MLS contract.

rocker
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
You happy with Mo's performance?

you seemed happy with Mojo's performance when the team was doing well.

or let me rephrase -- you lurked in the weeds like a snake waiting to pounce when the team was in the top four for weeks, not commenting because the results didn't match your assessment of Mojo's abilities.

Of course, if Mojo signs a DP striker and the team makes the playoffs, you'll be nice and quiet again ;)

again, you'd best wait and assess the team later or else be proven wrong again and again.

and to answer your question, yes, I'm happy with Mojo overall. We need a striker and a defender but otherwise he's done a decent job. The team is certainly better than where it stood at the end of last season. And we're better than Chivas and RSL were in their second seasons. And 1 win puts TFC back into the playoffs. Your comments always seem to reflect some sort of expectation of winning the league or something.

bhoybobby
08-04-2008, 10:36 PM

Actually, all I did was give him due credit when he made a couple of signings. I also believed more were coming.

As I stated at the time of giving Mo his due credit, we were still razor thin in depth with olympics on the horzon & injuries & suspensions part of a regular season.

I think to date Mo has left Carver short of tools. A bit more effort/activity could have helped make a play-off spot more secure. That's fading fast.

Since you won't answer the question I asked you, I must assume you are happy with Mo's performance. Good for you, I think we deserve better that's all

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Actually, all I did was give him due credit when he made a couple of signings. I also believed more were coming.

As I stated at the time of giving Mo his due credit, we were still razor thin in depth with olympics on the horzon & injuries & suspensions part of a regular season.

I think to date Mo has left Carver short of tools. A bit more effort/activity could have helped make a play-off spot more secure. That's fading fast.

Since you won't answer the question I asked you, I must assume you are happy with Mo's performance. Good for you, I think we deserve better that's all

I'm not going to disagree one iota.

Mo is in charge of signings and there havent been any significant ones when we've needed them, The Mcbride deal has yet to pay off and was prolonged to the point of hurting our performance over several games.
The Huckerby saga finished with the guy going and scoring goals for SJ instead, nobody else has even looked half as likely.

It's either the turf or Mo or both, Rocker. Pick.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-04-2008, 11:10 PM
I think Cunningham was given an ultimatum and has realised that the new coach isn't gonna put up with his antics. The fire has been lit under his ass and he knows he needs to show some results. Personally, I think his days have been numbered for a while now, but whether or not he knew that is a different matter.

This is a prediction: Toronto FC won't make the playoffs this year and Carver is gonna demand more authority to build a new roster the way he wants it. We'll still see guys like Brennan, Wynne, and (hopefully) Dichio carry over into 2009, but I suspect we'll see some huge additions coming from the draft and other avenues. Also, let's remember that Seattle will have their entry draft as well that year and I'm pretty sure Carver will use it and actively shop some of the deadweight for the Sounders. I'm also fairly confident we will get a DP signed for next season to complement the existing roster. 2009 will see a change in the team much greater than the one for 2008 and Carver will be given even more responsibilities than before.

Cunny is gone after this season, from TFC anyways, Carver would like to see him get his 100th goal for what he has done in the league. Leaving
cunny in the expansion draft would be a good move on TFC's part.
brennan, Marshall,Wynne, Guevara,Robinson,Sutton, Edwards and
Ibrahim, should be the players returning next season for sure. Carver said in the press conference another player is on his way, just crossing the i's he says on the contract?

nascarguy
08-04-2008, 11:17 PM
It looked like he was running like his career depended on it.
it does and he know it

tlear
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I love when people talk about depth.. its 18 man roster with a salary cap not to mention we got tons of people playing for their national teams (good players tend to do that) having depth in this situation is hard, having depth in all positions is impossible. If MLS had like 4mil+ cap and 24 man roster then this shit would not have happened

Seeing Huckerby score playing for SJ HURTS, but fact that we have plastic pitch is not Mo's fault. It really sucks we lost Tebilly as well, we could really use him next game..

Hopefully our luck will change

bhoybobby
08-05-2008, 12:10 AM

or let me rephrase -- you lurked in the weeds like a snake waiting to pounce when the team was in the top four for weeks, not commenting because the results didn't match your assessment of Mojo's abilities.

Of course, if Mojo signs a DP striker and the team makes the playoffs, you'll be nice and quiet again ;)

again, you'd best wait and assess the team later or else be proven wrong again and again.

and to answer your question, yes, I'm happy with Mojo overall. We need a striker and a defender but otherwise he's done a decent job. The team is certainly better than where it stood at the end of last season. And we're better than Chivas and RSL were in their second seasons. And 1 win puts TFC back into the playoffs. Your comments always seem to reflect some sort of expectation of winning the league or something.

No snake here Rocker, I sit in sec 226 seat # 8. If you want to be so generous with the name calling come have a chat.

I gave credit where it was due & gave my prediction at the start of the season. My thoughts on what the team needs have not changed since the off season.

I honestly thought Mo was in teambuiding mode............then he stopped & reverted back to acquiring draft picks, cap room allocations etc, all of which do nothing for this term.

As for expectation, I never said I expected winning the league this year, I expected significant improvement, i.e: play-offs. That door isn't closed, but, unless Mo gets some useful bodies in quick, it will be closed.

Try not to be a revisionist. If you want to indulge in insults, or heaven forbid have a real conversation, you know where I am.

Sonny Cheeba
08-05-2008, 12:29 AM
you didn't say what row you're in.

bhoybobby
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
ROW 1, Sec 226, seat 8.