PDA

View Full Version : Time for change

David_Oliveira
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Should we bring in the white handkerchiefs for the next game demanding change? I, along with many others, am not happy with the team. I don't think that Carver has any blame in the matter. I think this is all on Mo not being able to bring in a proper team. We got OUT-FUCKING-PLAYED by TWO USL teams!!! They have a far inferior salary cap. That is the way a good FO puts a team together. Instead we have Cunny, Robert (who half-tries), and Velez (who fucks up more than he plays good). BRING OUT THE white handkerchiefs and FIRE MO

He has made awesome trades but right now, we see they are not working out.

bhoybobby
08-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Total lack of discipline, I hope Carver fines the offenders. Fucking amateur performance.

adampz
08-03-2008, 10:29 PM
thats a good tifo i dea

ecantona7
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
You lot are on par with the geordies and spanish twats at madrid that bring out their hankies when the going gets stuff. What did you think? Toronto would suddenly get better and make the playoffs and then win a championship. It's a process and takes time. Get a grip FFS.
Also, if Mo is fired who do you think should be brought in that would be better?

Flipityflu
08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
i'm bringing out my same red scarf i wear every game, live, at home, at pub.

David_Oliveira
08-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I guess I'm on my own. ecantona7, what do you propose? Stand there and support an FO who could careless about putting a decent product on the field? I will be there with my scarf on the 23rd but will have that hankie with me. It's a sign of being fed up. If we do not get a W, it will come out. I'm sick to my stomach of seing these players give their all and it not be enough. The only person to blame is Mo IMO. I have been behind him 100% up until today. Chad is a really good player but is he fit, NOT A CHANCE. He needs time. what about Cunny do I have to sit through his horrid house league play and say, wow Mo. Thank you he's awesome. I'm tired of it. At this point I don't give a shit if we dump him and take a hit for his salary. Do we not have all this allocation money just sitting there?

David_Oliveira
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
You lot are on par with the geordies and spanish twats at madrid that bring out their hankies when the going gets stuff. What did you think? Toronto would suddenly get better and make the playoffs and then win a championship. It's a process and takes time. Get a grip FFS.
Also, if Mo is fired who do you think should be brought in that would be better?

also, what makes turing your back on the game and OUR TFC anymore excusable?

adampz
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
You're better off making a banner saying something, im sure you could find Mo somewhere in the stadium, and put it right up to his face

David_Oliveira
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I guess all I'm trying to say is don't conform to mediocrity. Change is needed and fast if we want in come playoff time

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
There is alot of Pikers on this site, I did not attend this game (thank God) left my seats empty, went to the Cottage had a better time :)
If every one did what I did and told the team to FAK AOF there would be a message, but no lets stroke carver and mo and hope........I'm sick and tired of Bull Shit Action is what you all pikers need to do not some bloody beer ban

ecantona7
08-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I see where you're coming from and I understand what you're saying but bringing the hankies out is really fickle (no offence). It's a second year team and it takes while for not only the team to gel but for the team to establish a reputation for itself in order to attract good players to this team. Let's face it, the MLS as a whole is considered a second or third tier leagues in the world so attracting players and managers to this league is gonna be hard and even harder for toronto seeing as it's in its second year of establishment. I think carver and mo should be given more time and in a couple of years if the team has not progressed and if god forbid it has regressed then they should be shipped out the door. Right now the supporters of this team have given this team a reputation in not only the mls but in other parts of the world as tfc games having a great atmosphere. Bring out the hankies and whatnot would tarnish this reputation that many supporters of this team hav helped to create. Hopefully in the future, the atmosphere at bmo will help to attract quality players to this city.

Phil
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I guess all I'm trying to say is don't conform to mediocrity. Change is needed and fast if we want in come playoff time

I think we are all frustrated David. I am hopefull for some changes soon. Once again we are being fed some of the typical lines in tonights press confrence, I hope the mystery striker emerges from the shadows very soon.

A couple trades would brighten my day about now too.

David_Oliveira
08-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I see where you're coming from and I understand what you're saying but bringing the hankies out is really fickle (no offence). It's a second year team and it takes while for not only the team to gel but for the team to establish a reputation for itself in order to attract good players to this team. Let's face it, the MLS as a whole is considered a second or third tier leagues in the world so attracting players and managers to this league is gonna be hard and even harder for toronto seeing as it's in its second year of establishment. I think carver and mo should be given more time and in a couple of years if the team has not progressed and if god forbid it has regressed then they should be shipped out the door. Right now the supporters of this team have given this team a reputation in not only the mls but in other parts of the world as tfc games having a great atmosphere. Bring out the hankies and whatnot would tarnish this reputation that many supporters of this team hav helped to create. Hopefully in the future, the atmosphere at bmo will help to attract quality players to this city.

I really hope so because we need all the help we can get.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2008, 10:58 PM
I guess I'm on my own. ecantona7, what do you propose? Stand there and support an FO who could careless about putting a decent product on the field? I will be there with my scarf on the 23rd but will have that hankie with me. It's a sign of being fed up. If we do not get a W, it will come out. I'm sick to my stomach of seing these players give their all and it not be enough. The only person to blame is Mo IMO. I have been behind him 100% up until today. Chad is a really good player but is he fit, NOT A CHANCE. He needs time. what about Cunny do I have to sit through his horrid house league play and say, wow Mo. Thank you he's awesome. I'm tired of it. At this point I don't give a shit if we dump him and take a hit for his salary. Do we not have all this allocation money just sitting there?

Cunningham was put in today, because Ibee was out with a family emergency. Neither Mo or Carver had any choice in the matter. And for what it's worth, I thought Cunningham showed some heart today, and chased down a lot of balls. Maybe he's just trying to impress potential suitors, but either way, it was decent.

This same group of players were on a tear earlier this season, and now they are slumping. How that is Mo's fault, I'll never understand. They unexpectedly lost the heart and soul of their team to a concussion, and have been frantically trying to find a worthwhile striker, but are clearly having problems.

I'd also like to know how Velez's lack of discipline is Mo's fault, or how the absolutely shitty officiating in Guevara's case is Mo's fault.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I thought TFC played pretty well up until about halfway through the second half, when Barrett left the game with cramps.

It's the mid-point of this club's second season. I personally think Trader Mo has made some pretty great moves so far this seasons. There clearly is just a confidence and discipline issue, along with the obvious problem of FINISHING.

- Scott

adampz
08-03-2008, 10:58 PM
GRASS! Maybe fill in the gaps between the west, south and east stands, then throw a roof on the stadium. We'd have a real UK like stadium!

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Man I was cursed with cheering for Tfc and Poland lately thank god the EPL is staring soon GO LIVERPOOL

adamdz
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Man I was cursed with cheering for Tfc and Poland lately thank god the EPL is staring soon GO LIVERPOOL

What if they suck, knife to the throat? (ya Poland and tfc here also, not liverpool though).

ecantona7
08-03-2008, 11:08 PM
What if they suck, knife to the throat? (ya Poland and tfc here also, not liverpool though).
They won't, it's their year ;)

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I hope to God the people here don't bend over and take it up the ass from Mo, carver MLSE, the Players etc. let them know we are not Leaf fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RPB_Brantford_08
08-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Should we bring in the white handkerchiefs for the next game demanding change? I, along with many others, am not happy with the team. I don't think that Carver has any blame in the matter. I think this is all on Mo not being able to bring in a proper team. We got OUT-FUCKING-PLAYED by TWO USL teams!!! They have a far inferior salary cap. That is the way a good FO puts a team together. Instead we have Cunny, Robert (who half-tries), and Velez (who fucks up more than he plays good). BRING OUT THE white handkerchiefs and FIRE MO

He has made awesome trades but right now, we see they are not working out.

You have to be a leaf fan...a little crisis and it's panic time...we did not get outplayed by the USL teams, ok the Caps at BMO was bad but they are years ahead of us in years as a time, you can't make that up in 1.5 years!! we are in year two...lighten up!!

doublebluebacker
08-03-2008, 11:13 PM
GRASS! Maybe fill in the gaps between the west, south and east stands, then throw a roof on the stadium. We'd have a real UK like stadium!

its gonna be a football stadium soon so you may as well start renovating it now

j_capitain
08-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Another BS thread on sadly an ever deteriorating forum.

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:15 PM
You have to be a leaf fan...a little crisis and it's panic time...we did not get outplayed by the USL teams, ok the Caps at BMO was bad but they are years ahead of us in years as a time, you can't make that up in 1.5 years!! we are in year two...lighten up!!

Yes lets all be Happy we get 2 or 3 points more points than last year...with luck we might make the playoffs in 15 years...wait could the leafs do it before us???

RPB_Brantford_08
08-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Yes lets all be Happy we get 2 or 3 points more points than last year...with luck we might make the playoffs in 15 years...wait could the leafs do it before us???

you don't build a playoff team in two years in any sport...thats sports fact of life....if we get 2 or 3 points then last year then thats improvement....Mo and his team were given 5 years to build a contending team, were another step along that pathway, not to be interrutped by IDIOTS that want change every two seconds...we were without EDU,
Wynne, IBBY ( family emergency) Dichio...loooks like for the season
so TFC are hanging on dispite the problems..2009 is the year to expect
playoff action...NOT 2008.

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:43 PM
you don't build a playoff team in two years in any sport...thats sports fact of life....if we get 2 or 3 points then last year then thats improvement....Mo and his team were given 5 years to build a contending team, were another step along that pathway, not to be interrutped by IDIOTS that want change every two seconds...we were without EDU,
Wynne, IBBY ( family emergency) Dichio...loooks like for the season
so TFC are hanging on dispite the problems..2009 is the year to expect
playoff action...NOT 2008.

I agree one point at a time but it's so frustrating:taz:

RPB_Brantford_08
08-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I agree one point at a time but it's so frustrating:taz:

I hear ya there...but patience will bring reward....trust me we will win a trophy before the leafs..wink!!!

BC101
08-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Another BS thread on sadly an ever deteriorating forum.
QFT fucking can't stand this shit. Blame Carver and Mo? WTF wheres the players blame in all this? Not even Sir Alex Ferguson could help this team if the players have no heart... Today they weren't so bad just could not finish(Story of our season) WTF is Carvers blame in this? Most importantly i don't see any of you being offer the job. Although I wish they would so we can all make dumb threads about you week in week out.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I think the survery has shown the feelings of the TFC supporters, I also hope it quells some of the almost routine calls for Mo and Carvers head after every game, even after a disaster like this one against Dallas.

88% is pretty convincing. Let's stop beating this horse shall we?

Closed.