PDA

View Full Version : M Campbells Blog~ Post Game Thoughts

kelzag
08-03-2008, 09:27 PM
"
In no particular order....
1. Today's game provided plenty of ammunition for the "officials hate TFC" camp, and in the minutes after Amado Guevara's (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=guevara_a&playerId=gue671765&statType=current) red card I was tempted to sympathize, if not agree.
Watching the game live the red card seemed to come from nowhere. Nobody in the press box could see the alleged punch -- TV replays we saw didn't even make it clear -- so nobody could figure out what Guevara had done to deserve an ejection.
The way TFC unravelled after that is another issue, but Marco Velez's ejection seemed to offer yet more evidence that officials just don't want TFC to win.
But then the game ended, the locker rooms opened and Guevara talked to the media, admitting that he had indeed smacked Pablo Richetti (http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t104&player=ricchetti_p&playerId=ric105319&statType=current) in the face, but only after Richetti had followed him down the field throwing little punches and elbows.
Then it made sense."

Read more:
http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/

London
08-03-2008, 09:33 PM
"inconsistant at best"

how bout "crap" at best

Phil
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Some more post game stuff:

"It's the same old story, isn't it?" Toronto captain Jim Brennan said when asked about the refereeing. "You guys asking the questions because you know there is a problem with it. If you guys are asking us the questions about refereeing and fans asking about refereeing, maybe there is a problem ... I think everybody else that watches the game knows what is going on."

Carver stopped several of his players from shaking Toledo's hand after the game.

"Do you think he deserved it?" Carver said. "I've never ever in my life not shook an official's hand."

Guevara, who could face a lengthy suspension, claimed he was elbowed by Ricchetti before he struck him.

"People come here to watch (the referee), so ask him," Guevara said through a translator when asked about the call. "The card's okay, but why's one not given to (Ricchetti) as well."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/08/03/tfc_fcdallas/

DigzTFC!
08-03-2008, 09:39 PM
This is the most important part of the blog entry:

Carver said that the second new striker is almost signed, but not quite. In the meantime, with Olivier Tebily back in France he says the team is also in the market for a centre back. And beyond that he'll need to cobble together a lineup without Guevara and Marco Velez, who are both suspended for next week's game in Colorado.

ag futbol
08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Unfortunately, I think the reffing is a run away train here, we're still missing the point that we aren't playing well.

I think somebody said "the ref robbed us of the tie we deserved" and that's about accurate. Joe Ross has a blog up on the score, and that's basically the bottom line with this team right now. It's a good read.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah...TFC is not playing well. But all they need is a win to get their confidence back. They need a break. And the refs are not giving it to them. So intead of helping the cause in turning EVERYTHING around...the refs are just kicking them while they are down only extending the poor play.

And Morgan? Sorry dude...you had your chance weeks ago and you blew it. This article should have been written a long time ago.

ag futbol
08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
But that's the thing, we are asking for a break, but does the team really deserve one?

Once we were properly scouted by other teams in the league, we've become really ineffective and haven't made the necessary adjustments. Our problems go a lot deeper than a lack of a striker.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
But that's the thing, we are asking for a break, but does the team really deserve one?

Generally, the home team at least gets the benefit of the doubt. We aren't even getting that. The refs are coming in here and outright shoving it in our noses.

DigzTFC!
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
We got a huge break against SJ on that penalty kick. We just suck...thats pretty much problem. We suck all the way down the spine until we hit Sutton