PDA

View Full Version : Gate openings

Footie-11
08-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Today the gates opened less than thirty minutes before kick-off. Anybody know why or if this will happen for the remaining home games?

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 09:08 PM
all I can say is that it's a hare-brained idea obviously made by someone who has no clue about what can happen when there are thousands left outside at kick-off....

colman1860
08-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Good fucking question. Someone should tell MLSE that they did not sell any food or merch during that time.

TOBOR !
08-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Nevermind that - not that this is the same scenario, but... - one word : Hillsborough

boban
08-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Good fucking question. Someone should tell MLSE that they did not sell any food or merch during that time.
Why are you so interested into feeding their coffers?

Fernandinho
well we discussed this in the game thread, but apparently a few issues arose regarding lack of security and the ticket machines not working

Raging Reggie
have noticed this the past couple games as well, its stupid and ridiculous. The whole flippin day just ridiculous!!!!!

Kevvv
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM

Don't be so uppity. He's just suggesting that it's in their best interests to open the gates earlier.

rocker
08-03-2008, 09:52 PM
that was a pain in the ass. I was gonna fall over it was so hot. and the girlfriend was gettin pissed off because she was boiling and didn't have sunscreen. we planned to get there nice and early at 3, take our time, get in the shade as quickly as possible, and have a drink.

but this was not a good way to start the matchday.
they need to think about checking those scanners a bit earlier.
also, maybe an announcement over the PA would help .. at least say what's going on.

Phil
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
well we discussed this in the game thread, but apparently a few issues arose regarding lack of security and the ticket machines not working

I thought it might be the ticket machines, but talking with a security guard on the way out she mentioned they were told it was a field problem, MLS problem, FO problem and many other things that just didn't add up in her opinion.

She was pretty upset about it as there was a dude who spit on her while she was basically doing her job. Believe me, she wanted to open the gate.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah...if there were problems...they needed to delay the game. This was pretty amateur.

Figures it was also on a day Marc was not at the field.

Phil
08-03-2008, 09:54 PM

I think that was sarcasm. ;)

Flipityflu
08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Marc left his keys at home.

MG42
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
same thing at the ASG...brutal "management"

TicTacTabarnack
08-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Marc left his keys at home.

LMAO ... Couldn't open the gates because of it :p

Poor execution on their part today. We all know it opens an hour before game time! we missed out on getting our beer in time to watch a little bit of the warm up and more than half the stands were empty for the anthems and kick off. Not cool!

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I thought it might be the ticket machines, but talking with a security guard on the way out she mentioned they were told it was a field problem, MLS problem, FO problem and many other things that just didn't add up in her opinion.

She was pretty upset about it as there was a dude who spit on her while she was basically doing her job. Believe me, she wanted to open the gate.

I hope they arrested the bastard. You don't spit on people. What a piece of shit! :mad:

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah...if there were problems...they needed to delay the game. This was pretty amateur.

Figures it was also on a day Marc was not at the field.

... hence the problem perhaps?

Phil
08-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I hope they arrested the bastard. You don't spit on people. What a piece of shit! :mad:

That is the funny thing, the lady was passive about it.

Of course she complained but really out of all the offside shit that happens at a game (throwing beers on the pitch, at people) spitting on someone is just about the lowest.

It drives me nuts sometimes how people forget that we are all human beings and should be treated with respect.

Kevvv
08-03-2008, 11:02 PM
...more than half the stands were empty for the anthems and kick off. Not cool!

That was the worst part for me, seeing how many empty seats there were at the start.

It drives me nuts sometimes how people forget that we are all human beings and should be treated with respect.

(As if it the delay was even remotely her fault.)

reggie
08-03-2008, 11:17 PM
more fucking night games

BigD
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
I am friends with some of the staff and spoke to one of the gate crew on my way in (at Gate 1) and she told me that they had no clue what the delay was they were mostly just as confused as us.

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I am friends with some of the staff and spoke to one of the gate crew on my way in (at Gate 1) and she told me that they had no clue what the delay was they were mostly just as confused as us.

I say this half jokingly but perhaps there was a bomb scare or something like that.

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 11:27 PM
That is the funny thing, the lady was passive about it.

Of course she complained but really out of all the offside shit that happens at a game (throwing beers on the pitch, at people) spitting on someone is just about the lowest.

Good for her I suppose but ya, it is the lowest of the low. There's no call for something like that.

SLBuu
08-03-2008, 11:35 PM

i wanted to spit on the ref.........

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Today the gates opened less than thirty minutes before kick-off. Anybody know why or if this will happen for the remaining home games?

They should do all us a favour and shut them down for the rest of the season:)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-03-2008, 11:44 PM

I talked to one of the stadium personnel and they said ( and i trust him on this) that because BMO added a few more beer consessions, that had to wait for people to get into position...thats the delay.

GBV
08-03-2008, 11:53 PM
this was SO BUSH LEAGUE.

Raging Reggie
08-04-2008, 12:14 AM
I talked to one of the stadium personnel and they said ( and i trust him on this) that because BMO added a few more beer consessions, that had to wait for people to get into position...thats the delay.

the amount of money the must make off beer makes me want to roll over in my grave, and im not even dead yet......

and i have never seen so much beer throw on the pitch before this afternoon. You should all get a red card for alcohol abuse!

Jeff s
08-04-2008, 12:58 AM
The opening gate time is ridiculous. They should really start to change it close to an hour before kick off.

Blizzard
08-04-2008, 01:02 AM
The opening gate time is ridiculous. They should really start to change it close to an hour before kick off.

It usually is Jeff.

Jeff s
08-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Oops no I made it sound different. I really meant to say that they should be more consistent on it. There would be those days for whatever reason they open late.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
That insanity at the gate was NOT FUCKING ACCEPTABLE, and had better not be the shape of things to come.

(Hillsborough was a bit different though, Tobor, That incident was exacerbated with a wrought iron fence, seperate pens, the police force incompetence, and the fact that the game was a semi final. I was thinking about it at the time, and to be even reminded of the situation made me feel nauseous, but I could see that there wasn't any way in hell the situation was going to develop into a fatal crush.)

Rockin110
08-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I was told it was to reduce consumption!

111, and 110 are now included in the no beer sales in the seats.

I am livid that I did not get to my seats until 5 minutes into the game.

London
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
^^^^ ok then theyshould change the rules to no beer sales untill 30 minutes before kickoff and let everyone in at normal times or somethin to that extent

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:34 AM

They can't force us to miss the kick off because of issues with beer sales.
There are kids standing in a swarm of people on a hot day, motionless for thirty minutes, because of some concessions taken against over drinkers?

FUCK OFF!

Pinkie
08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
well there was a CRAZY lineup at gate 3...but if ppl had just moved a little and gone the entrance to the far left of the gate...it took us like five minutes to get in...

also while i don't personally purchase beer from the beer guy in 111...it spurred a stupid 'where's the beer guy' chant in my area which lasted a while and was quite irritating. so for that i hope they realise that not having beer vendors in our section may seem good...it really didn't stop ppl from throwing shit on the field.
in fact i believe i saw some sort of shoe fly onto the field?

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:35 AM
The situation will get UGLIER every week if this isn't stopped now!

Why are the south end being punished? because we're the peasants who paid less?

IT's ENOUGH! We should have a sit down match.

Super
08-04-2008, 10:36 AM
^^^^ ok then theyshould change the rules to no beer sales untill 30 minutes before kickoff and let everyone in at normal times or somethin to that extent

Yup! Problem solved. If people miss part of the game because the gates are opened late they should get a partial refund. I know I would ask for one if my steak came out cold.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:42 AM
i hope they realise that not having beer vendors in our section may seem good...it really didn't stop ppl from throwing shit on the field.

It made fuckall difference to fan behaviour, as did keeping us at the gate for the kick off. If anything it made us surly and agitated when we got to the stands.

beers were tossed from ALL sides of the stadium btw, from behind the coaches bench was were most of it came from, actually, but they pay lots of money, so they're OK.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Yup! Problem solved. If people miss part of the game because the gates are opened late they should get a partial refund. I know I would ask for one if my steak came out cold.

Call your rep and demand an explanation, every fucking one of you!

Super
08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
A cop nearly took half a cup of beer right in the face. Imagine if he did. I for one can't stand the beer/bottle tossing. It's only going to make it more difficult to be a supporter. And clearly it is one of the reasons why we are now not served in some of the sections.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
A cop nearly took half a cup of beer right in the face. Imagine if he did. I for one can't stand the beer/bottle tossing. It's only going to make it more difficult to be a supporter. And clearly it is one of the reasons why we are now not served in some of the sections.

I dont care if they ban beer altogether, ive lived with that before.

Keeping us locked out till the match starts is inexcusable and puts us at risk.

reggie
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
what a brain fart that was yesterday,stop fucking with fans,without us you are nothing.
maybe the front office should work on maybe improving the product on the field,the odd goal at home would be nice...
more night games...................

tfc-th
08-04-2008, 11:37 AM

I spoke with our Preferred Beer Seller[tm] in 110 (after being stuck in the Gate 3 crush for approximately 45 minutes -- I heard the first substitution from the gate) and he informed me that the south end was the only area that wasn't getting seat service thus far.

I don't know if you noticed, but there were three sellers frequenting 110 yesterday. Most likely due to other sellers who would normally be in 112 - 118 needing a place to peddle their wares. I spent the match being provided seat service, so unless they decided after the match to discontinue it, we're still getting beer.

jaahuuu
08-04-2008, 11:49 AM
well there was a CRAZY lineup at gate 3...but if ppl had just moved a little and gone the entrance to the far left of the gate...it took us like five minutes to get in...
Are you talking about gate 3A or the left side of gate 3?

They were telling people not to line up at the left side of gate 3 "because that's an exit only." I'm assuming they were just going to have a guard there and no scanner.

Stevie B
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
You know this whole gate thing really got me pissed off yesterday. Part of the whole gameday experience, for me anyway, is getting there early, grabbing a drink, watching the warm-up and soaking in the pre-game atmosphere. Yesterday I spent fucking 60 min waiting to get in the gate. I had to run through the concourse to my seat and even then missed the kick-off. I like that hour before the game starts. I like hearing Chelsea Dagger come on. I like the anthems and the starting line-ups. I pay alot of fucking money for my season tickets. I drive in from London for the games. Yesterday this 30 minute crap really affected my day and I was bitter throughout the game.

Dre
08-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Are you talking about gate 3A or the left side of gate 3?

They were telling people not to line up at the left side of gate 3 "because that's an exit only." I'm assuming they were just going to have a guard there and no scanner.

I went to gate 3 & they did the exact opposite, telling me to keep going to the gate on the left past gate 3 because the line-up was shorter. (Funny them giving 2 different messages)

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 12:12 PM
You know this whole gate thing really got me pissed off yesterday. Part of the whole gameday experience, for me anyway, is getting there early, grabbing a drink, watching the warm-up and soaking in the pre-game atmosphere. Yesterday I spent fucking 60 min waiting to get in the gate. I had to run through the concourse to my seat and even then missed the kick-off. I like that hour before the game starts. I like hearing Chelsea Dagger come on. I like the anthems and the starting line-ups. I pay alot of fucking money for my season tickets. I drive in from London for the games. Yesterday this 30 minute crap really affected my day and I was bitter throughout the game.

Call your rep tomorrow, keep em busy.

Anybody else who had a similar experience do the same. Especially those I saw holding their kids, you get on their backs too. It's unacceptable.

Mikey
08-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Instead of bitching about it here, which is pointless oither than letting off steam. why doesn't EVERYONE who was affected dial this number
416-360-GOAL (4625) and ask for an explanation and an apology......

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Instead of bitching about it here, which is pointless oither than letting off steam. why doesn't EVERYONE who was affected dial this number
416-360-GOAL (4625) and ask for an explanation and an apology......

Bitching about it here is not pointless at all, trust me.

But I agree with your plan

summer sunrise
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM

Don't know if someone already mentioned this but the security people at Gate 2 said they were not opening it. That was the main reason for the exodus to Gate 3.

(Oh, and about the shoe thing, you sure it wasn't just one of those black towels? I saw a couple of those being thrown onto the pitch)

jaahuuu
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I went to gate 3 & they did the exact opposite, telling me to keep going to the gate on the left past gate 3 because the line-up was shorter. (Funny them giving 2 different messages)
I was the first person in line at the middle gate at gate 3, maybe by the time you got there they had changed their plans. They were yelling about the one door being an exit even before 3pm.

Rockin110
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I spoke with our Preferred Beer Seller[tm] in 110 (after being stuck in the Gate 3 crush for approximately 45 minutes -- I heard the first substitution from the gate) and he informed me that the south end was the only area that wasn't getting seat service thus far.

I don't know if you noticed, but there were three sellers frequenting 110 yesterday. Most likely due to other sellers who would normally be in 112 - 118 needing a place to peddle their wares. I spent the match being provided seat service, so unless they decided after the match to discontinue it, we're still getting beer.

You must be in the aisle between 110 and 109.

There were no sellers in the aisle between 110 and 111.

pubboy
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Call your rep tomorrow, keep em busy.

Anybody else who had a similar experience do the same. Especially those I saw holding their kids, you get on their backs too. It's unacceptable.

I e-mailed my rep today, and already got the following response. Shoudl be interesting to see what tomorrow's investigations will show !

"I don't have answers to all the questions you have about BMO field yesterday but I agree that an explanation is in order.
I'll be spending Monday morning seeking clarity and working with the stadium to ensure that we have a plan to avoid it in the future. My understanding is that we did not have enough staff to open the building safely (and apparently we cannot open gates until we have enough security, ushers etc). Apparently our labour agreements (on Ex Place before BMO Field ) allow staff to just "not show up" and this is a regular occurrence - but yesterday I'm told it was off the charts.
Obviously I cannot accept this and tend to agree with most of your points below.
So I don't have a solution yet - I need to fully study the problem before I can confidently tell you its fixed but I want you to know that I certainly recognize the problem for what its worth."

GBV
08-04-2008, 02:26 PM
i arrived at 3 p.m. and was dying for a piss.
holding it for 15 -- gates still not open.
i go to do what i don't want to do -- piss in the trees.
alas, a family was there playing soccer so i had to wait.
crouched to the urinal at 3:35.
crap.

Torcida
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Lack of security....Did you see how many cops were inside the stadium during the game?

rocker
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Lack of security....Did you see how many cops were inside the stadium during the game?

see the message two above... security is not just cops, but staff too.

Torcida
08-04-2008, 02:32 PM
i arrived at 3 p.m. and was dying for a piss.
holding it for 15 -- gates still not open.
i go to do what i don't want to do -- piss in the trees.
alas, a family was there playing soccer so i had to wait.
crouched to the urinal at 3:35.
crap.
There is a washroom in the building northeast of the food building in the southwest corner.

GBV
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
news to me.
thanks.

nfitz
08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
You must be in the aisle between 110 and 109.

There were no sellers in the aisle between 110 and 111.I can confirm that. Not one, and because of the delay getting in, I went straight to my seat in 110 rather than getting a beer. It was nice to see the fans refuse to buy any water and tell the guy selling it to go back from where he came. My spouse noted that she saw a sign on the back of an employee door near 110 saying that there would be no beer deliveries to 111 to control alcohol consumption.

CoachGT
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I asked the ticket checker in 224 and he said something about it being related to having to wait for the beer garden to set up, saying that something got delayed there. However, they were selling beer in 224 and at one point, a guy behind me started chanting "beer guy, beer guy" to the "this is out house" chant.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM

you were livid? you should have seen at gate 3 a former memeber of the NASL's Blizzard was there and was going mental at the delay, and rightly so there was no excuse for this...beer or no beer.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-04-2008, 04:38 PM

it should be 90 mins before KO, how much more TFC stuff could they sell with that extra 30 mins, not to mention food, beverages etc?

deltox
08-04-2008, 05:51 PM
anyone know why they no longer use gate 2?

i still see people line up there every game.

also, if i get into the game early, ill buy more stuff.

Blizzard
08-04-2008, 06:23 PM
you were livid? you should have seen at gate 3 a former memeber of the NASL's Blizzard was there and was going mental at the delay, and rightly so there was no excuse for this...beer or no beer.

Who was it? Franks, Calvert, Hammond, Falzon, James, McCallum, Reagan ...... ?

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
There is a washroom in the building northeast of the food building in the southwest corner.

You, Sir.

Are a diamond.

e_mcarthur89
08-04-2008, 06:53 PM
You, Sir.

Are a diamond.

I asked one of the cops before the game where I could find a bathroom. They basically laughed at me and told me there were plenty of poles around here and if I actually needed to go then go under the Gardiner by the parked 18 wheelers.

Heathen
08-04-2008, 07:41 PM
I asked one of the cops before the game where I could find a bathroom. They basically laughed at me and told me there were plenty of poles around here and if I actually needed to go then go under the Gardiner by the parked 18 wheelers.

isn't that entrapment :)

MFBODD
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
anyone know why they no longer use gate 2?

i still see people line up there every game.

also, if i get into the game early, ill buy more stuff.

They had way more gates open for about half of last season. When they shut them down my friend called the front office and asked what was going on. He was told they had to close certain gates because of a lack of resources...

adampz
08-04-2008, 08:21 PM
They had way more gates open for about half of last season. When they shut them down my friend called the front office and asked what was going on. He was told they had to close certain gates because of a lack of resources... Lack of resources ahah, i think that means they fired some staff to save money, and they dont care if everyone has to enter through the same gate, which means everyone will be late getting to their seat.

TOBOR !
08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
That insanity at the gate was NOT FUCKING ACCEPTABLE, and had better not be the shape of things to come.

(Hillsborough was a bit different though, Tobor, That incident was exacerbated with a wrought iron fence, seperate pens, the police force incompetence, and the fact that the game was a semi final. I was thinking about it at the time, and to be even reminded of the situation made me feel nauseous, but I could see that there wasn't any way in hell the situation was going to develop into a fatal crush.)

Exiled (and everyone else) - I need to explain my post.

I wasn't trying to draw any comparison, as there simply could be none. Hillsborough stands alone as a gross tragedy. I'm too well aware of the tale itself.

Rather, my point was to illustrate how since Day One security around BMO has been such that they seem to expect scenes from 1970's riot footage tapes at each TFC game and regard most football fans as hooligans. And with that in mind, I found it odd to see the size of the crowd outside Gate 1, getting agitated, and only two coppers standing about. This is what made me think that in the training room, while being shown video after video of 'football fans gone mad', not once do they seem to have addressed the issue of what makes them this way, and the consequences.

I'm not sure if I've been as clear there as I've intended - apologies if not. I hope you all get me and lest it get overlooked, my deepest sympathies to the families of the 96 - I hope they get Justice.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:26 PM
^^No problem , I knew what you were getting at the first time :)

The reason you brought it up, was valid because tensions did rise as the game neared kick off, the scene at the gate was approaching pandemonium, and the risk existed that individuals were going to get hurt, regardless of the fact that it wouldn't likely have become a disaster.

It was unacceptable, and from experience I know that if anybody had gotten hurt, we'd probably have been blamed for it, because we were 'rowdy fans' and this would likely lead to further security issues in the future as opposed to reverting to the risk free system of allowing us in well before the match starts.

rocker
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
it was particularly bad on a day with such heat. there was no room under the few trees by the Food building, and I saw some old people just standing in line wilting.

if it was a staffing problem that's pretty stupid. I don't really fault the workers since it was the long weekend and if the contract allows it, then they are free to do what they want. It's up to the team to find other workers or pay people double time or something.

Sonny Cheeba
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
shit's weak. And that dude who spat on the lady, no class. should have not been let in.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
it was particularly bad on a day with such heat. there was no room under the few trees by the Food building, and I saw some old people just standing in line wilting.

if it was a staffing problem that's pretty stupid. I don't really fault the workers since it was the long weekend and if the contract allows it, then they are free to do what they want. It's up to the team to find other workers or pay people double time or something.

It's fucked, the kids I could see were practically falling asleep on their parents shoulders, or getting wired up and irate having to stand still for so long. Then the parents dont have time to get concessions and water and stuff before the game starts, and its not like they can bring anything in with them is it?

koryo
08-04-2008, 10:49 PM
What happened yesterday was nothing less than dereliction.

Honestly, how much more incompetence can you squeeze into a stadium staff?

rocker
08-04-2008, 10:52 PM
it also looked bad on TV.. just watched the CBC broadcast and it looked half empty in the east stand, and Nigel commented on the crowd being a bit subdued, which Devos attributed to the downturn in fortunes recently.. when it had more to do with people still being underneath the stands.

Cambridge_Red
08-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I found the whole setup yesterday very "minor league" Wake up BMO staff, Marc leaves for a week and it goes for shit.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Who was it? Franks, Calvert, Hammond, Falzon, James, McCallum, Reagan ...... ?

he was from that time period...he was scottish....don't want to use his name.

bhoybobby
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
have p.m'd mlsintoronto asking him what was going on with regards to the gate situation.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-04-2008, 11:02 PM
have p.m'd mlsintoronto asking him what was going on with regards to the gate situation.

i think and hope it was a one time glitch....if not they will be a lot of pissed off spectators.

superfrankielampard
08-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Ya that was shocking. If they want to reduce alcohol consumption why don't they let us in earlier like they used to but not sell booze at the concessions until 30 mins before kickoff. Or if they're going to keep us out of the stadium for that long, at LEAST have sufficient gate staff to get us in quickly. I was behind two young kids and their parents in "line" and I could only imagine how irritated they were with the whole situation.

koryo
08-04-2008, 11:17 PM
^^ yesterday had nothing to do with reducing alcohol consumption.

In a way it's fitting that we should have such a bush-league staff working in such a bush-league ground in such a bush league.

Blizzard
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
he was from that time period...he was scottish....don't want to use his name.

There weren't too many Scots on the Blizzard that come to mind immediately. Peter Lorrimer, Jimmy Bone, Colin Miller (by birth) and one other guy who apparently doesn't want his name used! ;)

bhoybobby
08-05-2008, 12:13 AM
There weren't too many Scots on the Blizzard that come to mind immediately. Peter Lorrimer, Jimmy Bone, Colin Miller (by birth) and one other guy who apparently doesn't want his name used! ;)

Graham Hately, Willie McVie, Rab Prentice

TOBOR !
08-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Ya that was shocking. If they want to reduce alcohol consumption why don't they let us in earlier like they used to but not sell booze at the concessions until 30 mins before kickoff. Or if they're going to keep us out of the stadium for that long, at LEAST have sufficient gate staff to get us in quickly. I was behind two young kids and their parents in "line" and I could only imagine how irritated they were with the whole situation.

Sufficient gate staff - yeah - and maybe let them in on the secret so they can relay info to the crowd - and then make sure their ticket scanners are working - ffs.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-05-2008, 07:29 AM
When I used to work there the ticket scanners sucked in the sun. Meaning they never worked in direct sun.

Delay may have been caused by emergency meetings held by the liquor board people which happens more often than not.

ExiledRed
08-05-2008, 09:22 AM
So how de we harass the LCBO/OLGC?

We can't have them coming to BMO, ruining the experience and fucking with spectator safety, in the name of alcohol consumption reduction.

If a problem occurs because of LCBO/OLGC nazis fucking with us. Do we get to sue them directly or do we have to sue BMO field and let them take it up with LCBO/OLGC after the fact?

AL-MO
08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
When we have to wait around at the tailgate to go into the stadium something is really wrong. This issue definitely needs to be addressed.

ExiledRed
08-06-2008, 07:38 PM
bump,

Is Anybody going to clarify what was going on and if we should expect the debacle at the gate to be a regular occurence?

Who should I be complaining to? BMO Field or the OLGC?

Paul? Marc? anybody?

This is actually a serious issue.

GBV
08-06-2008, 07:41 PM
the Sun published a letter on the matter in today's issue.

blackandwhite
08-06-2008, 07:46 PM
the Sun published a letter on the matter in today's issue.

and it said....

GBV
08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
found the letter regarding Gate Gate:

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/FanFare/2008/08/06/6362546-sun.html

blackandwhite
08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
bump,

Is Anybody going to clarify what was going on and if we should expect the debacle at the gate to be a regular occurence?

Who should I be complaining to? BMO Field or the OLGC?

Paul? Marc? anybody?

This is actually a serious issue.

this was a generic reply from Paul i think... It was posted on NEE board.

Hi XXXXXXX - you've reached the right place for TFC management. BMO Field Management is a different team with whom I work closely.

I don't have answers to all the questions you have about BMO field yesterday but I agree that an explanation is in order.

I'll be spending Monday morning seeking clarity and working with the stadium to ensure that we have a plan to avoid it in the future. My understanding is that we did not have enough staff to open the building safely (and apparently we cannot open gates until we have enough security, ushers etc). Apparently our labour agreements (on Ex Place before BMO Field ) allow staff to just "not show up" and this is a regular occurrence - but yesterday I'm told it was off the charts.

Obviously I cannot accept this and tend to agree with most of your points below.

So I don't have a solution yet - I need to fully study the problem before I can confidently tell you its fixed but I want you to know that I certainly recognize the problem for what its worth.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 416-815-5471. And thanks for your patience!

Paul

GBV
08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
and it said....

sorry, had to track it down on line.
have the paper here, didn't much feel like typing it.

blackandwhite
08-06-2008, 07:50 PM
sorry, had to track it down on line.
have the paper here, didn't much feel like typing it.

take a picture! :D

GBV
08-06-2008, 07:51 PM
it's a couple of posts above...i posted it prior to responding to ya.

blackandwhite
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
it's a couple of posts above...i posted it prior to responding to ya.

I know..

is this called thread hijacking?

ricciboy
08-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I think that was sarcasm. ;)

i agree dude

Dave67
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Next game is during the Ex. Fuck up the opening of the gates and the CNE crowd will be hearing some of the most colourful language in it's history.