PDA

View Full Version : 2019 general TFC/MLS banter

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

stegosaurus
03-29-2019, 10:52 PM
damn those fifa guys upgrading players when they perform well

Well making investment decisions based on anything but your own merit would be very stupid. Quaresma is still a good footballer.

Because the ratings are often very inaccurate. +3 is pretty big in FIFA world.

Di Maria is also 84. Clearly the equivalent of the great Quaresma.

Defoe
03-29-2019, 11:23 PM
Because the ratings are often very inaccurate. +3 is pretty big in FIFA world.

Di Maria is also 84. Clearly the equivalent of the great Quaresma.

They definitely can be. Scaling accurate ratings across 700 clubs and 18,000 players is not really realistic.

But are they often, very inaccurate?

Let's evaluate the top 12-15 players on TFC to see if we can find any (since we know them best.)

I'll do a quick google search.

Ratings updated March 25, 2019. 4 days ago.

Player – Rating – My Rating

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
Altidore - 76 - 76
Bradley - 76 - 76
Mavinga - 72 - 72
Morrow - 71 - 71
Moor - 70 - 72
Osorio - 71 - 71
Ciman - 74 - 71
Auro - 69 - 69
Delgado - 67 - 67
Deleon - 67 - 69
Bono - 68 - 67

I'm sure you may have different opinions on player valuations then me. Most people have different opinions.

I used TFC as one example; and I found one player, Ciman that has an unrealistic rating, but even then he is out of form right now and it's not that bad.

Quasmera seems like the rating is wrong. I wouldn't say he's an 84 at all either.

But to answer your claim that they are often very inaccurate is just false.

It's a tool used from a variety of data set points; where if you are using in the context of lazily finding approximate valuations; it will be within realistic outcomes for you more then not.

Again for anyone new reading this conversation, my stance:

1) You do not use it to take player ratings at face value
2) You don't make strong opinionated stances on players or leagues from these ratings
3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more then not
4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed, etc.

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 10 seconds
2) Give you an approximate and not crazy valuation 85 % + of the time.

stegosaurus
03-30-2019, 09:57 AM

2) You don't make strong opinionated stances on players or leagues from these ratings
3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more then not
4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed, etc.

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 10 seconds

This is changing what you’ve originally said. FIFA ratings are not accurate (I’d give you more examples but you’d simply move the goalposts for the nth time), are often wrong (I’m not simply speaking to overalls, which are often manipulated for marketing purposes, but to their entire system of player and ability ranking), offer no granularity (something you never mentioned until I did, and which is important in assessing the skill of players).

They’re by no means accurate, nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. These are all things you’ve claimed, but since you’re wrong you decided to change your stance every time you post.

Sorry, we’re done here. Just go to the zillions of FIFA threads on inaccuracy of ratings that pop up every time any card rating is announced, during every release, update, etc.

Defoe
03-30-2019, 01:44 PM
This is changing what you’ve originally said. FIFA ratings are not accurate (I’d give you more examples but you’d simply move the goalposts for the nth time), are often wrong (I’m not simply speaking to overalls, which are often manipulated for marketing purposes, but to their entire system of player and ability ranking), offer no granularity (something you never mentioned until I did, and which is important in assessing the skill of players).

They’re by no means accurate, nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. These are all things you’ve claimed, but since you’re wrong you decided to change your stance every time you post.

Sorry, we’re done here. Just go to the zillions of FIFA threads on inaccuracy of ratings that pop up every time any card rating is announced, during every release, update, etc.

Moving the goal posts? What is your mindset right now? You can't win this debate because I don't care about debate... I only care about the truth. You seem to have a narrow-minded view where you're not shifting your binary poles from one true right and one true wrong. What else are you extreme in?

Do you see how you write arbitrary and fake numbers like zillions? It's ambiguous and lacks clarity. It's very hard to understand your communication style.

I've stated that the ratings used are accurate and to add clarity in my sentiments, I've estimated that they are accurate most of the time at scale within realistic measures more so then not, even citing TFC as an example/ case study. I decided to note they are accurate most of the time, not to "move the goal post" but to be more clear for you. Scaling accurate ratings through 18,000 players and 700 clubs means there are going to be anomalies and outliers in which there will be false ratings. Again, i'm not one sided on this, it's fairly obvious there are glitch's. The issue i'm having is that because your unwilling to move off your narrow minded stance; I'm going to assume you mean to say that FIFA ratings can be wrong at times, which is correct. Your "zillions" of inaccurate numbers is what is lacking clarity. What is a realistic percentage form?

So here is my issue that I don't think you’re being very honest/clear about.

1) "There are zillions of inaccurate numbers." Could you be more clear to what this actually means?
2) They are often, very inaccurate. Could you be more clear in what often very inaccurate means as a potential number ?
3) They’re by no means accurate, Well I'm telling you they are accurate more then not and anybody that uses 7-8 case studies will come to the same conclusion.
4) nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. I never said this: I said that it's the best non biased way to gauge a players skill that I know of. You need to read more carefully.

There are 18,000 players in the game approximately. To come to a true consensus, we would both need to review 18,000 players and be an expert in every league and every player; which neither of us can realistically do or would want to do. So let's say of 18,000 players, 5 % are inaccurate and 95 % are accurate. Well I would be correct here that they are mostly accurate and you would be correct that there are inaccurate ratings. This would mean of 5 % being inaccurate, 900 players are inaccurate and of 95 % being accurate, 17,100 players are accurate.

You see how that works?

Now this ratio of accurate to inaccurate players could differ and it may be subject to scrutiny based on player form and other variables. It could be 10-90 or 15-85 or 4-96 as a ratio. Again, both of us would not be able to provide an exact granular number on what that percentage form is. My estimation is 85-90 to 10-15. Accurate to Inaccurate.

I'm providing clarity in when these ratings should be used and when they should not. You should go back and read my prior posts because through this entire dialogue i've stated the following:

3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more so then not
4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 15 seconds
2) Give you approximate and not crazy valuation 85 % + of the time.

I think you should be more focussed on reading and understanding rather then trying to be right, because you're going to come closer to the middle then you realize and there is often not one true right and one true wrong. Just be more open minded. And that's for life as well. If you want to add clarity in what you feel the ratio of overall ratings of accurate to inaccurate ratings are it would be a good start. I define accurate overall rating as the overall rating within 1-2 points and not the breakdown of the player ie: shot, speed etc because that's not what i'm using it for.

My whole point to this is to come to the truth that people can use these FIFA rating systems as a tool to find an approximate valuation of a player and it will be fairly accurate more so the not. You can use it as a guideline to give you a ballpark idea and it will spit out a fairly realistic number more so then not. If that isn't your take away then it is now because i'm stating it. I've stated that the whole time. Go back and read if you didn't get that message.

OgtheDim
03-30-2019, 02:01 PM
Point of Order

Is the efficacy of FIFA game ratings really a "general TFC MLS banter" discussion?

stegosaurus
03-30-2019, 03:15 PM
Moving the goal posts? What is your mindset right now? You can't win this debate because I don't care about debate... I only care about the truth. You seem to have a narrow-minded view where you're not shifting your binary poles from one true right and one true wrong. What else are you extreme in?

Do you see how you write arbitrary and fake numbers like zillions? It's ambiguous and lacks clarity. It's very hard to understand your communication style.

I've stated that the ratings used are accurate and to add clarity in my sentiments, I've estimated that they are accurate most of the time at scale within realistic measures more so then not, even citing TFC as an example/ case study. I decided to note they are accurate most of the time, not to "move the goal post" but to be more clear for you. Scaling accurate ratings through 18,000 players and 700 clubs means there are going to be anomalies and outliers in which there will be false ratings. Again, i'm not one sided on this, it's fairly obvious there are glitch's. The issue i'm having is that because your unwilling to move off your narrow minded stance; I'm going to assume you mean to say that FIFA ratings can be wrong at times, which is correct. Your "zillions" of inaccurate numbers is what is lacking clarity. What is a realistic percentage form?

So here is my issue that I don't think you’re being very honest/clear about.

1) "There are zillions of inaccurate numbers." Could you be more clear to what this actually means?
2) They are often, very inaccurate. Could you be more clear in what often very inaccurate means as a potential number ?
3) They’re by no means accurate, Well I'm telling you they are accurate more then not and anybody that uses 7-8 case studies will come to the same conclusion.
4) nor are they the best non-biased way to gauge a player’s skill. I never said this: I said that it's the best non biased way to gauge a players skill that I know of. You need to read more carefully.

There are 18,000 players in the game approximately. To come to a true consensus, we would both need to review 18,000 players and be an expert in every league and every player; which neither of us can realistically do or would want to do. So let's say of 18,000 players, 5 % are inaccurate and 95 % are accurate. Well I would be correct here that they are mostly accurate and you would be correct that there are inaccurate ratings. This would mean of 5 % being inaccurate, 900 players are inaccurate and of 95 % being accurate, 17,100 players are accurate.

You see how that works?

Now this ratio of accurate to inaccurate players could differ and it may be subject to scrutiny based on player form and other variables. It could be 10-90 or 15-85 or 4-96 as a ratio. Again, both of us would not be able to provide an exact granular number on what that percentage form is. My estimation is 85-90 to 10-15. Accurate to Inaccurate.

I'm providing clarity in when these ratings should be used and when they should not. You should go back and read my prior posts because through this entire dialogue i've stated the following:

3) The ratings can give you a general idea of a players approximate value more so then not
4) It's not going to give you the granular and detailed ability of a player ie: shot, speed

It will

1) Give you a ball park estimate on how good a player might be from a quick google search in about 15 seconds
2) Give you approximate and not crazy valuation 85 % + of the time.

I think you should be more focussed on reading and understanding rather then trying to be right, because you're going to come closer to the middle then you realize and there is often not one true right and one true wrong. Just be more open minded. And that's for life as well. If you want to add clarity in what you feel the ratio of overall ratings of accurate to inaccurate ratings are it would be a good start. I define accurate overall rating as the overall rating within 1-2 points and not the breakdown of the player ie: shot, speed etc because that's not what i'm using it for.

My whole point to this is to come to the truth that people can use these FIFA rating systems as a tool to find an approximate valuation of a player and it will be fairly accurate more so the not. You can use it as a guideline to give you a ballpark idea and it will spit out a fairly realistic number more so then not. If that isn't your take away then it is now because i'm stating it. I've stated that the whole time. Go back and read if you didn't get that message.

TL;DR

David_Oliveira
03-30-2019, 03:21 PM
point of order

is the efficacy of fifa game ratings really a "general tfc mls banter" discussion?

thank you!!!!!

T.O TILL I DIE
03-30-2019, 03:34 PM

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
Altidore - 76 - 76
Bradley - 76 - 76
Mavinga - 72 - 73
Morrow - 71 - 72
Moor - 70 - 71
Osorio - 71 - 71
Ciman - 74 - 70
Auro - 69 - 69
Delgado - 67 - 68
Deleon - 67 - 70
Bono - 68 - 66

Defoe
03-30-2019, 03:55 PM
TL;DR

We know that

TomLawrence
03-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Speaking of FIFA ratings, if anyone has issues with ratings they want changed then let me know since I'm still a reviewer for it, although I haven't actively done it for a couple years so lost most of my privileges to change shit but I can still put in the request to have stuff changed.

Defoe
03-30-2019, 04:29 PM

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
Altidore - 76 - 76
Bradley - 76 - 76
Mavinga - 72 - 73
Morrow - 71 - 72
Moor - 70 - 71
Osorio - 71 - 71
Ciman - 74 - 70
Auro - 69 - 69
Delgado - 67 - 68
Deleon - 67 - 70
Bono - 68 - 66

Pretty good. I more or less agree with this minus a point on Deleon (69) and I might give Ciman an extra point unless he continues to slide.

Speaking of FIFA ratings, if anyone has issues with ratings they want changed then let me know since I'm still a reviewer for it, although I haven't actively done it for a couple years so lost most of my privileges to change shit but I can still put in the request to have stuff changed.

That's awesome man!

General Woolfe
03-30-2019, 04:33 PM
NYCFC has a problem with neo-Nazis.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/mls-must-eradicate-the-cancer-of-neo-nazi-hooliganism-1.3839383?localLinksEnabled=false

Let me get this straight, NYCFC have a group of Latino White Supremacists? Isnt there a contradiction there?

T.O TILL I DIE
03-30-2019, 09:31 PM
Pretty good. I more or less agree with this minus a point on Deleon (69) and I might give Ciman an extra point unless he continues to slide.

That's awesome man!
Ya Not a huge fan of Ciman he really would need to pull some impossibles to gain a point or 2 from me.
That is awesome lets start a thread for that like a vote on what the average person on here rates each player. Is that possible?

Mikmacdo
03-31-2019, 08:23 AM

Pozuelo - 79 - 80
Altidore - 76 - 76
Bradley - 76 - 76
Mavinga - 72 - 73
Morrow - 71 - 72
Moor - 70 - 71
Osorio - 71 - 71
Ciman - 74 - 70
Auro - 69 - 69
Delgado - 67 - 68
Deleon - 67 - 70
Bono - 68 - 66

I agree with most of this, I would drop Bradley down to a 75. Morrow at 71 is fair, Moor is a 73, Ciman 72, Auro. 70, Deleon 69. I would drop Boyd to a 65 from 67 and Bump Akinola way up to a 67.

Fort York Redcoat
03-31-2019, 10:24 AM
We know that

Well said

magmadragon
03-31-2019, 02:02 PM

It will

I don't see anything controversial in your rationale here.

Brooker
03-31-2019, 04:17 PM
As long as they're having fun out there, that's the main thing. Animated characters or not.

OgtheDim
03-31-2019, 05:01 PM
FWIW, Bakero started yesterday & Phoenix Rising players seem to like him.

Local match report (https://arizonasports.com/story/1895068/rising-fc-drop-two-points-at-the-death-draw-third-straight-match/) gave a couple of paragraphs about him.

MightyDM
03-31-2019, 08:05 PM
FWIW, Bakero started yesterday & Phoenix Rising players seem to like him.

Local match report (https://arizonasports.com/story/1895068/rising-fc-drop-two-points-at-the-death-draw-third-straight-match/) gave a couple of paragraphs about him.
Thanks for posting this.

OgtheDim
04-02-2019, 12:45 PM
https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/1113133386212663297

Alumni efforts get real

He's also setting up an inhouse mentoring system between Main team, TFCII & the academy.

Joe Kool
04-02-2019, 01:18 PM
https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/1113133386212663297

Alumni efforts get real

He's also setting up an inhouse mentoring system between Main team, TFCII & the academy.

We got lots of alumni to work with....haha. That good ol' rotating door we had for years was good for that.

OgtheDim
04-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Rumours floating around Chicago that Fire ownership has done a deal with Bridgeview to buyout that awful lease ($125 million - would pay off debt of Bridgeview for the build + intererst) and will move to Soldier Field for 2020 - also rumours of a rebrand to "Chicago City Soccer Club"

https://twitter.com/jvlaha/status/1113182747466633216

Ultra & Proud
04-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Rumours floating around Chicago that Fire ownership has done a deal with Bridgeview to buyout that awful lease ($125 million - would pay off debt of Bridgeview for the build + intererst) and will move to Soldier Field for 2020 - also rumours of a rebrand to "Chicago City Soccer Club"

It's better than the Fire. At least with this if you Google it won't be buried beneath a page and a half of sites about the canceled(?) but irrelevant regardless TV show.

ensco
04-02-2019, 08:57 PM
They are really going to have to rename the Brimstone Cup now.

Initial B
04-02-2019, 09:16 PM
I think the Chicago-Dallas Rivalry is long dead. They won't even be the same names that started the whole thing. I'm just glad they're making changes.

Gringo Starr
04-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Good move for Chicago and the league, it's a bad look to have such small crowds in the 3rd largest media market.

Auzzy
04-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Soldier Field is natural grass + NFL + concerts, now add soccer. Similar climate to Toronto. That will be an interesting experiment!

I do really like the idea of them moving closer to downtown though.

ag futbol
04-02-2019, 10:28 PM
They literally went down in attendance from the first year they went to bridgview. Instant flop

Defoe
04-02-2019, 11:14 PM
Moving to a stadium with 61,000 seats will be interesting, but they can't do much worse then 11,000 k / average.

New England, Columbus and Colorado also have bad situations. NYCFC needs a new stadium too.

Joe Kool
04-02-2019, 11:22 PM
Moving to a stadium with 61,000 seats will be interesting, but they can't do much worse then 11,000 k / average.

New England, Columbus and Colorado also have bad situations. NYCFC needs a new stadium too.

Dallas plays in Frisco too which lots of fans there don't like so you can add that to the list of bad situations. I loved Chicago when I did the road trip for a TFC away game and stayed in the downtown core. Trekked it out to the suburbs for the game. I didn't mind too much because I live in Ajax and drive downtown to TFC games all the time so to me it was kind of the same deal for the gameday but going opposite direction from downtown to suburb. I guess it would have been nicer to get a shuttle from downtown right to Soldier Field though which I hear they have for free so I wouldn't have to drive. Might have to go back after they get settled in the new digs.

James17930
04-02-2019, 11:58 PM
I don't mind the name Chicago Fire, but I agree it's problematic as a name. But this is excellent news.

But Auzzy's right – they're going to have to do something with that turf, either go hybrid or artificial.

Oldtimer
04-03-2019, 07:13 AM
If they change Chicago's team name it will at the very least put an end to the unimaginative headlines "put out the Fire" and "get burned by the Fire."

CBTFC
04-03-2019, 07:37 AM
They could always go with Inter Sporting Chicago City United SC

JDMD
04-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Dallas plays in Frisco too which lots of fans there don't like so you can add that to the list of bad situations. I loved Chicago when I did the road trip for a TFC away game and stayed in the downtown core. Trekked it out to the suburbs for the game. I didn't mind too much because I live in Ajax and drive downtown to TFC games all the time so to me it was kind of the same deal for the gameday but going opposite direction from downtown to suburb. I guess it would have been nicer to get a shuttle from downtown right to Soldier Field though which I hear they have for free so I wouldn't have to drive. Might have to go back after they get settled in the new digs.

I've been to TFC v Chicago games, and although it is a pain that the stadium is so far from downtown (which is where I always stay as there is virtually nothing out by the stadium), I do need to compliment them on the Pub to Pitch bus service they offer. It essentially picks you up from a number of downtown pubs, takes you to the game on a very nice coach-style bus, and then drives you right back downtown all for like $10. It's been super convenient and has been a cool way to meet Chicago fans (who have always been nothing but friendly and accepting of me and my group as visiting TFC fans). All that said, moving back 'downtown' to soldier field would be more convenient. Until then, I would definitely recommend the Pub to Pitch service to anyone planning on going down to Chicago view a match.

Redcoe15
04-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Being to Chicago and their home pitch in Bridgeport twice, a part of me will miss going out there. It was a bit of a pain getting to the stadium, taking the Orange line to the Midway terminal then taking a crowded bus all the way there. But the stadium was quite nice and had some good features to it. Better than BMO Field, IMHO. Too bad it was way out in the middle of nowhere, but I'll always have nice memories of the place, especially the match in August 2017 where we turned the away section into the south end of BMO Field.

As for the name change, not a fan of it. We already have enough static boring names in MLS, like City or United. Chicago Fire does have a nice ring to it, plus it gives a node to its city's past. A bad one for sure, but still.

ensco
04-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Just use the NWSL name. Red Stars.

Fort York Redcoat
04-03-2019, 05:54 PM

A step backwards for Chicago. MLS 1.0 sharing old NFL stadiums.

They'll have to do time with still shitty looking attendance until they get a better one. Shame.

stegosaurus
04-03-2019, 08:31 PM
A step backwards for Chicago. MLS 1.0 sharing old NFL stadiums.

They'll have to do time with still shitty looking attendance until they get a better one. Shame.

Chicago fans have long held the Bridgeview contract as a huge boondoggle and hindrance.

For them, this is a huge step forward, not backwards.

Derko
04-04-2019, 05:15 AM
They could always go with Inter Sporting Chicago City United SC

That's a bit of a mouthful

Derko
04-04-2019, 05:18 AM
Just use the NWSL name. Red Stars.

Very good comrade,

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxMTEhUSExIVFRUWGBcYGBgWGBcYFhoZGBUXFhgYGR gYHSggGB0lHRcVITEhJSkrLi4uGB8zODMtNygtLisBCgoKDg0O GxAQGy0lICYtLS8wLS0tLS0tLS0vLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLy0tLS 0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLy0tLS0tLS0tLf/AABEIAOEA4QMBEQACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAEAAQUBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgEDBQYHBAj/xABEEAABAwICBwMJBgQFBAMAAAABAAIDBBESIQUGMUFRYXETgZ EUIjJCUqGxwdEHIzNicvCisuHxJENTY4IVNHOSFlSD/8QAGwEBAAMBAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEBQIBBgf/xAA0EQACAQIEAgkEAgICAwAAAAAAAQIDEQQSITFBUQUTImFxka Gx8DKB0eHB8RRCI1IGM1P/2gAMAwEAAhEDEQA/AO4oAgCAo110BVAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQFGuvmgKoAgOX/bNUPBgAcQLOORtn3dAqmLeiPpv/GoqVSpdX0XuazqporypmckmJtRA19nm3YyB2LobtOagpQz8eK8 jY6RxP8Aiz0irOEmtP8AZWt7mYGgYXOpGhtUGTta8zdqcP4ckp jALfSIj47131cbrfXjcof51WMarbheDtly67pX321PFTR0T455 WeUPEcLJcPbkYS4tY6K5Znhdc4t91ylTabV9Fff0LE5YyE4Qll WaTj9K1trm34rgZZuq0GPCHVDjG8xvAlN5D5J5QC2w83PzbZqR UY3trp391yk k62XM1FXV12du3l1587mn600/k9Q6OOSXDhY7C95L2F7A4scRbMX4KvUWWVkbvR0 voKc4q92rpaOztdeJiPKX/6j/8A2d9Vxdl7qof9V5H04tg/KggLb3ICTEBJAEAQBAEBFxQFLc0BJpQFUAQBAEAQBAW3OugJM2 ICSAIDln2zMJfABwd8T9QquKi5JWR9F/47Xp0qlR1JJaLd24mrapaadR9teIv7RgDbFos8XwuP/sVBSzwv2Xqa/SSw2LyWrRWV667rie6n1gja6ll7CYy08bIiO0YI3NDHscQ21w6 zzY33BeptZXld15FedOElVh11PLNuXendNcdtC1NpNuGaOKnc1 slPHAwEsLrRuDu0kIABceSNOzSi9Vb ySDpZoSqV4tqbk9dNeC1eiMnJraA7/tpGOeXPkONpAeabydpZ W2fFSdZK/0v4rFNYSlb/3waWi8M2Z313NX1jqXVEokwEERxMddwJJYwNLr3zva6gqRnKV7 M2MDXw1Ck4dbHdvfg3exi/Jnez7x9Vx1c TLn fhf/pHzR9OLWPzItucgKsagJoAgCAIAgCAgEAQEmhAVQHjmlv0WViM Q5Oy2J4QtueQzmNwI9E7R9FRhiJ4epdfS90T9WqkbcTLMdcAjY V9DGSklJbMpNW0Kro8Lb3XQFWNQE0AQBAEAQBAQagF0BIBAVQF HDJARY1ATQBAEAQBAEAQFHBAAEBVAWqh1h1VfE1MsPE7grs519 pNe57oNHRPLXVBxylpsWwMvfMbMRBHPCRvVHDwzSuaGHhduT4H g1NkNLVyaOLnGKRvbU2Ik2LfxIwTyBNvy33rnH0c0bolqrafmd J0TNdpad2zoV10VXzQdN8PYoYmFpZuZ7ni4WsVijG7ygJoAgCA IAgCAICJagKgICqAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIDw1cwF3E2a0G5 OwAZkrKxNTNPThoT01ZHK9XJTVT1GkXDKV3Zwg7oWGwtwuQL8w eKtUYZY2NRRyRUSeuNO8RsqovxqV4lbzaPTaeRAuei7nHNGx6k no JvWidIskbFURn7uVoeOjhmDzB CwIyeGxCk9uP8/kqSi5QcHujZAV9OZxVAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAE AQBAEBCZ9goq1TJBs6irs5/8AafpJzadlHEfvqx3ZDlHkZXHlawPJx4LNoQzTvyL HjeV RSipGxRsjYLNY0NHQCy0i2XS0EWOYOR iHhidQZTC o0a4/hEzQc4Xnzmj9JI7yVkdI0brMjirpJS56M6ToybE229uXdu/fJXOja/WUcr3Wn24GdiIZZ35nsWgQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAE AQBAEAQBAeSpfnbgs3F1Lyy8iamrK5yyjn8t0hPWbYof8PBwNv xHjqSbHg7kpcPDLE1KccsEuZsICsHQRHiNb1qLqeSn0iwEmnfa QD1oX a8c7Xy4Yr7lFVhmjY9ccycTomj6hoc1zSCx4BBGwtcLtPwWJha jw Is9np88GUqkc9PvRnV9KUAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCA IAgCAICMjrC64qTyRcj1K7saV9oumnU1G7s/wAaciGIDbjkyuOguetlk04uc9fEvUKeaSXBGM0HoxtNBHCPUbY ni45uPebrTtYvN6nvK9FijUQRaqqZsjHRuF2uaWuHJwsUPOJ4f s8rHdjLRSm8tG/AL7XQuzjd8RyGFYnSNG3aRFNZZ34P3Oj0E2JgO8ZFauCr9dRT4 rRmbWhknY9CtkQQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAeaq fuVDGVNVElpricvrqjy3SpdthoRgbwM7/AEz/AMbW5Fo4phqdldmnRjlhfmZ5ytErKoehoyQLYo0IeI1vTE3kdb T1 yN3 HqOGB/ovP6Tnf8AKAq Ip54NHNSOaLS8To j5MDy07Dl37ll9H1eqrOm9n78ClXjnhmRmF9CUQgCAIAgCAIAg BKAo03QFUAQEXFAUDeqAk0oCqAIChcvHJLdgiZm8QoniaS3kvM 6yvkQNS3ionjqK4 jPerkQNWOBUT6RprZM66pmA1t02KWllqDtAszK93uybkNoBzPI FQQfWyvzJqcM0lE1nVvRvY07Wu9N95JDvxusTc77Czb/lWilY0uBlQvT3gUvlfbYbtuS8bsrhbHnirBhDnAtB2E iTwxDIHkbFVKWNpy308dvP jlSWx6RsVw64Hj0to5tRBJC/ZI0jodrT3EA9y83QWmpTUnSrpKNolympj2Mu8 Zkxx6ttnvIJWJjaLjPOt/mpWkkpNcGbA3W2MZOjkB/wCJH8ytx6WpqynF3 1vcqPCy4NHsj1ppjteR1a75AqddJ4fjL0Zx/jVOR6otN07tk0fe4D4qaONw8tprzOHSmuDPXFUMd6Lmu6EH4Kd TjLZnDTW5dXR4EAQAlAWnOugLjRkgKoAgLT3ht7qOrVjSjmkeq LexYdVHgs99IN6qOhL1RATuUDx1Z7afb8nXVxLU1ZhF3PDRxJD fio vxEuLOlCPIxVVrVRsyfWwA8O1aT4A3XjhXlu36napPhH0MRU/aPoxht5TiP5I5He/Db3osJUe5IqFR8DyP8AtLpz FS1kvNsVh4l1/cpFgpHaw03yLL9fKp34Wi5OssrWe4t akWA7zpYbnIo3WLSj9kFJCL543OebdWutfuU0cFBbj/AB1xueOeiqqmWI1s8bo4XCRsUTMIc8DJzicyBnlzU8KMYbE1Ok obbmcfU4bZEkmzQMyTwAXtWrGnG7O2sur2Lj 1Zm B4HFtnjvwEkeCrrGx/wBk16 xHGrB8SEFaxxIDgTfZv8ADarEK1Of0tEqVyjZCzz2Wu6wcx3oS Dg4ceagr4ZT7UN/R/OZxOkpI9EVK2RpfTHCQfPgecgeDT6nL1TyVOlVnSdo/dP OXsQZ5QeWZ521OK4sQRk4HIg8CFp0q0aiuv6LKtJaGHnoZ4ql1 VRzNY6VrWyxyNxMfhFgd Ejp8V7OmpbnE6aksrLstbXWLpKWhl9kNxNceriRbwVeeBpS1aI lR4Js8B05KPxdDu6w1F/Btiq0ujYM66qS2l6EP/AJHSf5lLpCHmY2ub47VBLovkxkqLkGaf0Y42FaWHhJBIPEgWCh l0ZJbHlqnGPqZOm0hCfwtJ0/IduYz4Fef42Jj9Mn5s4eu8PQy9PNW2 7nEg4tkjk K963Gw/2fp/JG40Xuj0f9X0gz0oy7rHf Sy7XSGLjuk/t Gc9TRez9S5HrZKPxYgONsTfje6sQ6Vmvrivb8nLw0X9LNg0PpW KcEsOY2tOTh9eq08Ni6eIV4P7cStUpSpvUyKskYQBAYPT1cYXs LheNwINtrXA3v3jdyWR0lN05xk9ti5hqSqRaW6ND 0fTtTHLTsinMFNI0kzMAOKS58wuPoAAA954Ze4aMKiuyzQpRd1 JamtvoXv/ErqyTkZjbwzV1UYLgWMsVwRbZq7SXu6MvPFz3k99iF3kR2rnuh 0ZSt2U8Xe0O/mTKj3UyEMrW i1o/SAPggsXm1t96HSSJ U3Q6yXJurDt2/FLnkabiPKgbAXLibAD0r8AFHVqxpq7PZZVG7Nn0Nozs/vJLOlItyYPZb8zvWZKTnLNL vnqZtWq5vuMqXrwhsanpvSjJnBjA0tabmSwuS0jJh3Did 5d0qLqtS4L5oX8Nh5XzM8TKn0el/db5rULqhsI61zHCVh8/cNzm y7lv5KvXoZ1mW6 WfzQiq0VOPjsZ ohZVRiaLzZALAnltjfxF/DaOeepOLzR0fzRmfCUqUrM14VWG LJwNnA7QRu llqUqqqRujQioyjmuUdVk8h7/wCilPcjI UIMliDqy29DlqxZlna7a0H9QHzQ5seCbR9M70oIj0Y0e8C6WFm eCXV2jJuIsJ4te8fOyZEeXZOPR5Yfuqyrj4Bsxt4b1y6UXwOHF PgjOamaeqn1/YeUOqIBG8zF4FoyAS04 JcALXtYneLqpiYQjG63K9WnGML8TedE6RE1VhiaMDGkufYXdfI AHcL588KrYF56/Z2S1Ia9LJSvLd8DZ1uFAIAgPNX0bZWFj9h8QdxHNQ16Ma0HCRJ TqSpyUomjaT0f2QdT1EYlgk2g7D Zp9R4/fFfOThVwVSz25/OPca8ZQxCzR0kvnkaBprRMlBZ7XOmo3GzJPXiO5kgGzrsPuW1h sVGqjqM7vLLRllldfMZ9N6tk6iTFcvDpRLja3mh2ol1tWDtXh3 kuSFVwdb3heXOlRfBlxtcRtF n0K8OlGS3XkbrqrSMEYnuHvcMz7HFg4Hj9FkSm5yzS/oxcRUlOWpnjJbMrwgPLpOn7aJ0eItxDIjxF IO8bwvHqexeV3NCqS J/ZvGEtI6EG4uDvF/3ktKjWU1bZ8jdw9SNVafL/ssCry27gD0tc/EDvU5MoafZfl/wS8s8fc0c fJD3I29N/Zfky2qelcM2C5LZMrnZjGYI6i4y5KhioZZZlxM3HUFZTj5mT1t osvKGjNuT bdx6j4dFDSqdXK/Dj87ithKqhOz2NPdXk7B3nL3bVqmw03svMtmqO93hkvbnDpN7s iasbl6c9XYturua9OXEtGuQ4cSJrV6cOI0XTT1znMid2cLPxqg iwey32nHgPdtVevXjTWpDOahpu RuOi6AYRRUMZbFtc4 lId8krvl3AbAMZyqYqplicvLSXWVd/miOiaD0S2mjwNzJzc7eT8hwC3cNh40IZVvxZk16zqyuzIqwQhA EAQFmrpWSNLHi4P7uOBUdWlCrFwmro7hOUJZo7mlaS0c mLgWiWCTzXBwu1wPqvHHn/ZfN18PVwcsy1jz/Pea9OrDExs9JL5oc21p1UNO11TSXfTbXsNzJAee9zPzbt/FamFxcaq13JadWUZZam/uawyuJ2XvyO3 qvWLqSLjKo8T7ihIod5dFW/iPD q8uSKnLgy62sk/Ke8heEqhPuLzK5/seDh87LzQkSn/wBfUzOgNZXwPvgfgdbE3Ig88ibHmqlehm7Ud/f9lPGYPrVmjFqXuZPWjW0S/dRFzWZFxLT53I2ytyuoqWHcneS09yrg8B2s1XT7MnqlrUGEQyv bgPom/o8rH1fh8PK1DJrHb2/RzjsFl7cGmu427S jmVDMLsnDNrhtB Y5KBSad1uZ1OpKnLNE5ppOCSneWPGe47QRuPP nKy06VZVF3m/hq8ay7/nz5r4zWcbd5sOttrj1Upcyx2dvu9PLd/exdptJFr2OxEkOBFmnDcHLcfioa8c1NkOKhGdKScr6cFp8 510va9ljm17fEOH0KzD5e1jkOlZHxSvjw3wuIvcC9jZaeHlmpo lw05VKSaXqY91ZJwaO8n5Kc7cZ8kWnVb IHQfUr25G6cuZbfVHifcF6RuD5ls1hG256lLEbiZvVrV59YDLK 4w0jTZ8nrSH/AE4gdp3X2DnsVXEYiNJFOrW1yw1Z0LRtA6ow09NGIaePYB6Lfz OPrvP73lZUIVcXPTbn89iGUo4dZp6yfzyOgaK0ZHTswRjqT6Tj xJW/QoQoxyx/syKtWVWWaR7VMRhAEAQBAEBCaIOBa4Ag5EHYuZRUk4yV0z1Np3 Rp2lNFPpXdrFnHvvnYH1XDe3n/AHXzuLwU8M sp/T7ePd3mtRxEa6yVN/nqc61q1La4OqqFtredLTDa3i Hi38u7dwVzCY1TVpbliFWVGWWe3P8mjtmDt fD971pXNKE42LjZRwJ6ArwmVRF5kp3Md32HzXhLGb4RL7Hv3Nb 3u gXLJYyqcEvMvtEnFg7ifmF5oTJVXy9QX2yMmfBrRfwzKW7jlya 0c/Jf2SLjxdyuRc9GtH0TQSvazvrz/C/RtuqmsuG0Mx831HcOR5fDpsoV6GTtR2Pnsbg8jzw2Nm0xo9lQz A/b6rt4P05KvGTi7rco05ypyzRObaRoJIXljgctmE7RuIxZEd60q VZVF3n0uExXXR035J/w/wAnkbJnbtCDfY4AHuyF13JdllipPstOfB6NL9HWdGyfcxX9hn8 oWQfINanNNbJD5VLhaCMXGxvv3LRwn0G90c5qjor68zBvkO9h7 iD81bLUpy4xLDpeTh3fRekTqLkWzIBnf4r25FKcTaNVtUhM0Vd XiZT7WRjKSc/l9mP83hxVLE4pU1ZbmbVrynLJD jomi9GSVjm5CKnj81oaLMa0eowbCef9As hh6mKlme3P8ABBUqww0bLWT am/UVGyJgZG0NaP3c8TzW/TpRpxyxVkZE5ym80ty pDkIAgCAIAgCAICjhfIo1cGp6a0G6I9tT3AGZaNrebeI5fLZgY 3o90/ Wjty5eHd3Gph8Uprq6vmaDrNqo2qxVFI0MqfSkhGTJt5czc1/Lf1zPuDx2bsyLUZzw75x9vE0CN1yQQQ9pIc0ixBGRBB2Fa17mv SqqSuiYnaMr3PAZn3IT9bFF1j3nY0N5u2 A q80JIyqS2VvEvdmLXe8kdcLfAfNc35HeRJXqS/hE47nJgwN42se5u7qfBHpudRbt2VlXP57sqW2vkeGfpPO7oP3k NvkZKWzIoVITTcHdbd8ny7kAM 8Dv9I25AADxXT2JMqbyvw/l/ZJWNp1Y1isGwynKzcLjuvsB5Zbd3wzsRQyax2MDF4N0 1Hayfhc2DS1CyoZgft9Vw2gqtGbi7opQk4O8TR/wDpMonEDs7nI8vaG4gDocleeITpt8TYl0hmw7T1e3f4/NUdC7UNbwa0eAA iz7mLY5VpKpe6R78IIc4nbnmb78itehHLBI iw0Z06MVb8nidON R55f0U5I6seOhbmeGi57kI6k1FXNw1c1TawNqq9t7 dDTHa7g Ybm/l37 CoYrGZdImNUrSrStDRczftD6GkrH9vOSI9wGVwNjWD1W8/7qthcHKu88/p9/0V62IjQWSnv837zeoYWsaGtAa0CwA2ALejFRVlsZLbbuya6PAg CAIAgCAIAgIsddASQBAa1p7V 5MsGTtpaMr828Dy3/HGx3R2b/ko78vx3 5o4bGW7FTbmaJrJq5HXjG20VYMg45MmtsbJwflYO7ulXCY1p5J/PnIudqj2o6x9v0c6cxzHuikYY5GGz2EWIP7zv3raTUldGxhq0Z xvENnvkwX5 qPr3JYsqo3pA9VJTFzhte85D g3dVHUqKEbnNWcaMc83d8L8zcqbRMMLS Q47WJLvRHQDb33WVKtObsYdbE1az7bL lNHRzgPBAfbzXjMEW38RzXNOrKmzmjWnRlmgapU6OkiIxNOEB3 nDMEm2dxs9bbbatGGJhNGzh8fSdlPS1/N/GeKE hf2LHrYEfNTOUXxLEa1JqKlJWcbPVG16q6Tkc3s3hxDb2fbLLc T8PBZmIhGLvFnz9enCMuw7o2AyKtcgsYPWrSRbH2bT5zxmeDd/js8VYw9PPIs4ah1tRRNHxuvZwvfYR8xuWwlyNx1HD69uZblfsA GMuIDQBfETkAANqbEVWrFQzM3fV7VllHaoqmtfVHzo4ciyHeHP 3F wgbveMzFYy3ZiYjlKu9NI/NjetAauumd5RVXIOYa7a7m7g3gPlt9wmAc/wDkq7cufj3dxWxGKUF1dLz/AAbq1tsgttKxllUAQBAEAQBAEAQFpz7oCbAgJIAgCA5/r0wGqjZH5r3BuIjeXPwtJHHLasXHwgqqaWvE1cHJ9W7vRHL9fa kTaTqnXuGObGOH3bQ034 cHK5QVqaNLo6msl2WdF0TnuDWgFx2DcB7TuXL9n2rVVNXLlfEq lGyNxpaJtOLusTbznkAG2 x3LJq1Zzl2jIlN1Hds1rS2l3yvwtNov5s9h53GY3ZdVdo4VRWa W5oYLCKbzT4FdF6ZdE4stiYLEjgT7PxslfCqXajuSYrBZpt0l4 r8fg2Wk0kyT0HAnhscOoWbOEoboy3Fp2ZcLW7cLb9AuMz5ixMy 26ILHjGmYi8MD7k7x6N GLYpeqnlzWPcjtmtoXK mbK3C7uO8HkuadRxd0ItxeZaGsVVD2F8dr52Nrgg5ZXIuNtxtz W1RqqauadLFOto9zFUdYIquCo2Bk0bzfZhxDF7rqSorxaI8XSX VWR0zQ3m6akil88Okkc0OzAcW9qw9zcvBUMPThKqnJf2Y9Sclh z84HVVsmWEAQBAQJv0QC3BASBQFUAQFpzroCTGoCaAIAgCA53W TCTSbnu9CIknkImXP8QWHiXnrvyNWCy4bx/n9HFDVF5fK70pHueernEke9acVZG1h xTRs rekWxjE4gGzRfpfI9xyP0VDG05uSlHUqYmMs7cuJ69Oaba9o2E G Ee1zN9wXeHw7 ufkcUaDlKxrrpbC wAbtnHJXDejlpwKU2QudpzPf8AQWHcjOqTyxu/EUx8wHebu8TdcyinucRpwnT7avuy9T1snZgiR9y32jttwuonhq bexWWCpSp3425lt8zpGZucSRvJNjbmulRhF6I7hhKLhdLUhFJi A47COY2qRrgTJqdO0kbDobTYb5kzrEbHHO44cbj3/HOrYXK80DCr0XCVuHAxWsOlO1s1hOFuwneefgp8JQcNZFjDUJJ 53oYGc4mkbDbMK4WajzQaOkVVfafR9d/qRU73n8zDglHgLLOj2KngzDUbwlDxO1rZMkIAgCAg3ggCAkAgK oCjggItbxQE0AQBAEBGR4aC47ACT0Ga8bsrjc43XVZbR19Qdro zGP1VD8J KwaHbqX /wDJtzWsIfNDmMTbW42/dlso1qaskeiObDn4jjyQkbVtSTXkm528BsA3ALw6pq2r3Djchv ee7YPH4Lw6k8zUS5PJ5p8PHJDupK0WXA6wtwC8O72jbuIUzvMb 0HwRnNKXYRGB1gRwJHvuPivWeUpWTXIo1 F/J3xtY 74IcPSVuZKtmL894tnvJA2n6L05cNNDziS4 PVDxTuWni/VenE7M2 hd2uiYTvp6iWE/plHbA9Lmyza6tMx2stVrn/AAdz1drO2pYJd7o2E/qwjF77rVpyzQTMepHLNoyK7OAgCAoQgACAqgCAIAgCAIAgCAxG tlR2dJMeLcI/5kM ar4qWWjJ/NdCfDRzVYo49rtN2ejoY989Q59uLImYfDEWlZ2Cjd3NaPareCN ADlqGmmTab58Nn1Xh6tWXQ5CXMIjv4/Dda8sIPiXHuuWjfe/W2fjs/e0JPVIljXhI3oQhd5o6BDyD7KDTZx5gHwy i9OE 0yMxv12jqEsJ6opjvmvUM10WnHf49P6IRvmRc5enLZtuo8naU kKff2cc7Rzif5562c0KlilqmZuJWWpGXzU6x9lVXjocG KR7O4kSD f3KxhJXp25GXi42qX5m4q0VQgCAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIDUvtGqb Qxx 0 /c0fVzVn9IytBLmy9gY3m3yRyL7UprS00H lTtJ/XKS53uDV5go2jc0MNq5S7zT2/3 nerj10L6JByWOkyV/f8N68Z7cmHr07uSiDnvaxjXPe7JrWglxJ4AcguZSS3I51owd2b fS6pxw2fpKQ4topYSDIeHavBszoDc7jdU6mIvpEoTxFSrpDbnw/ZOp1ZpajOgeYJf8A607rsf8A OUkkHk458l5TxDX1HMK1Wj9Wq5r8Go19PLDL2c0bopBe7XCxtu I3EXG0ZK3Galqi9TxEZ2aLRepCe5C/wBfr714ji9iBcvRcof39F5sznc2P7NagN0hGx3ozNkhd0ew2/iDVBio3hco4tXhfkdJ yOoLZamndts13exxY/4t8FzgpatGdjVdRkjpqvlAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCAIAgCA0HXY9rWQ wcA0d735 4NWPj5XqqPJe5p4NZaUpfNDjuvNX22kamTaBIWN/8AzAjHd5t 9XKCy00aGFhaCuYFz/381YSsTuVyrSvT25Nz7fvcP6ri/E6cktzZdC6oSysE9Q8UtN7cg 8fyij9Jx57OF1XqYhR0RUqYpt5Yas2bRcuE TaKp3Nc4WdMbOqHji5 yJvSw6Kp26r5kDgl26z/H7Nx1c zpjT2lW7tXnPACcF/wAx2vPgOqu0sIlrPyKdbHN6U9O/5serWX7PoZ7vgtDJwA 6d1aPR6t8CuquFjLWOj9DmjjZQ0lqvU0nSbpYgKXSVP28XqFx8 9vOGYfAnkbKg4zpPkXYqFTtUnZ/N0a3pPUxxaZqCQ1UQzdHa1TH pnrjm3w3qzTxCekiaGJlDs1Fb2NTDvEbt/Aj98FavfVFyM1LYg4roNkQ9GrnN7HqoKoxTRTjbG9j uFwdf3KOavFpnFaOaJ2DRLxBpsgejM51uBErO1H8dgqOFdqi8j Kqdqh4HVVrGaEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAc1nrAa eod6MAlkPSJhb8QCsGq srvx/RrKOXDqPO3rqcMfKXXJN3uuSeNzc35lbMFxNC9o2RYXYMzq7q9 UVbiIWea30pHnDEzm555bhc8lBVrRijiddUzcKGlo6Ijsmitqd gle37hjt3ZR ub7Ceo4KhOtKemyIHGdTWei9Ta9FalVVY/t66R7AfVP4pHC2yIcrX5DapqWEb1loiCpi4UllpL8fs6HorRUN Ozs4YwxvLaTxcTm48yr8IRgrRRmzqSm7ydz2rs4CAsVtHHKwxy sa9h2hwuP7815KKkrM6jJxd0znmnPs/khd29BI64zDC6zx h/rdHeJ2KhVwnGHkaNLGxkstVfc1PSXk9U4sronQVAy8ojZhdf/AH4ssXUZ8LKvGpOm7ehZUJR7VJ3XL8M1LWPVaopQJHBssB9GeI 4oyCcrn1DyPcSrtKvGRLCupuz3NeJVlMluXWHKx7v6rmSuep6N HSqqu8zRtbck9lGHHi mkwv7ysp9ip97lBR uHzU7o11wCNhWyY5VAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEBbqZcDHO9lpPgLry Tsmz2Ku7HGdKTOZo6tm9Z4jiv/AOSQdp/CsLDLNUuzbn9cY/fyOWUVFJM8RxMc97tjWgknuG7nsWzKcYLUsSkoq7N3o9U6els vf2su6lids5TSjIdG 9UamJcvpK edT6NFz/AAbLQaNrNIhrGNbBSt9ENbghAHstGch57L7wo6dCdR39SOdSlh Xr joWruqdPSDE1uOTfI/N3/AB3NHTvutGlQjT23M6tiZ1d9uRnWOupiAkgCAIAgCAxOntXaer baVnnD0Xtye3o7hyNwo6lKM1qS0q86T7LOd1 r9bo4ufCe2gN8Qw4mkcJYunrDxCzquGlDVao0oV6VfSWj bM1ir0BR1vnU5bSVB/ynn/DPP8Atv8A8sngctwG9KeIlHfUlvUp76r1NJ0vomemkMc8bo38H b bXDJw5glX4VYyV0TwnGS0Nz0KTLojMf8Ab1RA/RLGHH M/BZ IVplaWlbxR23VGpMlFTvO0xMB6gYSfctGjLNTT7jJrK1RrvMup SMIAgIvd4oCoQFUAQESUBTCgJNKAqgLVVFjY5ntNI8RZcyV00e xdnc0Snip4aF0daG4ZHPxRuzLi12GzWjMkFgNxsyNwsGClB8ma c3KpUvTNWoJnyYqfRVKYWOyc5tzIR/uTEnAOV 9TpTqvn7E0oxh2qzu/myNx1b zyKK0lSRNJtw/5QPQ5v78uSvUsKo6y1foU62NlLSGi9f0buAAOACtlEtuN0BNgQ EkAQBAEAQECb9EAw KA1TWPUSCpu O0Mu8tHmOP5mfMWPVVquGjPVaMt0cZOno9UaRXQ1NM3yeupvKa YbMQLmge1HMBdh5G3cqEqdSm/li9F0qvapuz cDN07aGXRs8FC1rfML y/wAzG2zrm5JeThAvc7hdQuTlK7IZRqQqJz8zeNW6Iw0sETvSZGw O/VbzvfdbVKOWCRn1JZptmSUhwEBFzrICAF0BdQBAEBBAEBIBAVQ BAeKr0TTyuxyQRSOGxz2Mc7xIuuHTi9WjuNScVZNr7nqiia0Br QGgbAAAPALtKxw3ckSgLZddATa1ASQBAEAQBAEBAcEAsgJAICq AtCmYDiwNxcbC/ivLI9uy6vTwICLnWQEALoC4AgKoAgCAoQgACAqgCAIAgCAo4IC jWoCSAIAgCAIAgCAoQgACAqgCAIAgCAo5t0AAQFUAQBAEAQBAE AQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQBAEAQH/9k= (https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fpreviews.123rf.com%2Fi mages%2Fbatareykin%2Fbatareykin1710%2Fbatareykin17 1000017%2F87277093-badge-of-soviet-union-red-star-realistic-symbol-of-the-ussr-.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.123rf.com%2Fphoto_8727 7093_stock-vector-badge-of-soviet-union-red-star-realistic-symbol-of-the-ussr-.html&docid=fPYiA3Ir0rv_ZM&tbnid=GCBz-bDSyIwShM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwjoy6XXmrbhAhWFoYMKHV_pDicQMwhXKAIwAg.. i&w=1300&h=1300&bih=755&biw=1600&q=soviet%20red%20star&ved=0ahUKEwjoy6XXmrbhAhWFoYMKHV_pDicQMwhXKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8)
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/u7sAAOSwcl1XPLZg/s-l300.jpg (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjjiZGSm7bhAhVq5oMKHWbNBRsQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FRUSSIAN-RED-STAR-USSR-CCCP-Russia-Soviet-Union-Hammer-Sickle-Car-Sticker-Decal-%2F163564532279&psig=AOvVaw3hJUoi6Hwl9OjK3HjEXGZF&ust=1554459481876185)

OgtheDim
04-04-2019, 05:50 AM
I would avoid the word Inter right now.

MLS being sued by Inter Milan

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/expansion/miami/inter-milan-files-trademark-suit-against-inter-miami-fc/

I suspect MLS wins this one given there are other Inter teams around the world.

James17930
04-04-2019, 08:40 AM
I would avoid the word Inter right now.

MLS being sued by Inter Milan

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/expansion/miami/inter-milan-files-trademark-suit-against-inter-miami-fc/

I suspect MLS wins this one given there are other Inter teams around the world.

This is pathetic. Is every team called United going to sue every other one?

ensco
04-04-2019, 08:49 AM

Actually, I'd wager a pint Inter will win this. "Inter Turku" is Miami's defence?

It's different if the name was in long established use, as the Brazilian's team name has been, and it's not comparable to the plethora of Uniteds or FCs at all.

burlington Red
04-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Miami Nice FC, just don't pronounce it with a french accent and they are good to go, no legal issues.

Mike_S
04-04-2019, 09:10 AM

From what I know of intellectual property law, Inter has an argument. "United" is a common word in the English language, as is "real" in Spanish. "Inter" is a very unique term on the other hand. It is very established in the soccer world. If Miami wanted to call themselves "International Miami", it would be different, but they don't. I think you can argue that a reasonable person could mistake Inter Miami as being associated with the Milan club.

The issue here is all about global marketing, IMHO. If Miami made it clear they would just be pushing their brand in Southern Florida, then I don't think Inter would care too much. I also don't think it would be very hard for Inter Milan to persuade the judge their marketing arm reaches all over the world.

burlington Red
04-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Enter Miami FC or In Tear Miami FC.

DinamoTFC
04-04-2019, 09:52 AM
From what I know of intellectual property law, Inter has an argument. "United" is a common word in the English language, as is "real" in Spanish. "Inter" is a very unique term on the other hand. It is very established in the soccer world. If Miami wanted to call themselves "International Miami", it would be different, but they don't. I think you can argue that a reasonable person could mistake Inter Miami as being associated with the Milan club.

The issue here is all about global marketing, IMHO. If Miami made it clear they would just be pushing their brand in Southern Florida, then I don't think Inter would care too much. I also don't think it would be very hard for Inter Milan to persuade the judge their marketing arm reaches all over the world.

Miami's name is Club Futbol Internacional Miami. Inter of Milan is Internazionale. If its all about the short form version it could easily be settled. But Miami will not lose calling itself Internacional. Theoretically, Miami could officially have to use InternacionalMiami instead of InterMiami but that doesnt stop the city, fan, journalists etc from calling the team Inter. And down the road no one will even know the difference anymore. Waste of a lawsuit.

Detroit_TFC
04-04-2019, 03:42 PM
The Chicago news is surprising mainly in that they found someone other than Hauptmann to pay for the escape plan. In typical Chicago FO manner though, they found the worst alternatives and also decided to fix something that isn't really broken. If this actually happens, they will exchange one set of transportation hassles (hard to get to stadium with limited mass transit) for a new set of transportation hassles (anyone that isn't in Chicago already will have to go all the way downtown).

Richard
04-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Miami's name is Club Futbol Internacional Miami

God that's so phony.

JonO
04-04-2019, 05:25 PM
I think you are confusing a couple of issues. Whether or not the word is common is irrelevant - what matters is whether or not the term is descriptive. Many trademarks (especially in the USA) will be common English words. The real question in this case is confusion - i.e. would a soccer fan think Inter Miami is related to Inter Milan or would s/he think Inter Miami is just another Inter team. I stand on Inter Miami's side on this one - it's not like they are trying to use Inter on its own.

stegosaurus
04-04-2019, 05:50 PM
I think you are confusing a couple of issues. Whether or not the word is common is irrelevant - what matters is whether or not the term is descriptive. Many trademarks (especially in the USA) will be common English words. The real question in this case is confusion - i.e. would a soccer fan think Inter Miami is related to Inter Milan or would s/he think Inter Miami is just another Inter team. I stand on Inter Miami's side on this one - it's not like they are trying to use Inter on its own.

Probably just a case of protecting a trademark. Plenty of “Internacionals” to go around. Not many of them are “Inter Mi...” though.

Initial B
04-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Miami's name is Club Futbol Internacional Miami. Inter of Milan is Internazionale. If its all about the short form version it could easily be settled. But Miami will not lose calling itself Internacional. Theoretically, Miami could officially have to use InternacionalMiami instead of InterMiami but that doesnt stop the city, fan, journalists etc from calling the team Inter. And down the road no one will even know the difference anymore. Waste of a lawsuit.
I don't think Miami loses anything if they lose the lawsuit - their full name is unlike Milan's full name. At worst, they lose and just go around calling themselves CFI Miami, which might have more of a cachet among american fans. If the fans start using Inter Miami as the nickname for the team, there's not much Inter Milan can do to stop them.

Mike_S
04-05-2019, 11:05 AM

The article indicates that the term "Inter" is what's at issue here, which makes sense. "Inter" is a brand Inter Milan is trying to protect.

We have to think of this as a legal matter and not as footy supporters. (Footy supporters may automatically recognize the difference but would "reasonable person" think the same?) Whether they win the matter or not is another story but they have an argument.

Mike_S
04-05-2019, 11:07 AM

Not confusing the matter at all. It is more difficult to trademark a common word than a unique one. And as for your second point, that's what I said too. :)

stegosaurus
04-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Not confusing the matter at all. It is more difficult to trademark a common word than a unique one. And as for your second point, that's what I said too. :)

Right. “Inter” is a trademark, so they have to defend it. That’s how trademarks work.

JonO
04-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Right. “Inter” is a trademark, so they have to defend it. That’s how trademarks work. I don’t believe that Inter has been registered at the USPTO yet. I think they have filed, but Miami is opposing it (for obvious reasons). Admittedly, I am not following too closely. However, even if Inter is registered on its own, Miami can make the case that “inter” is not confusing with “inter Miami” to the target market.

JonO
04-06-2019, 12:33 AM
if I want to start a clothing company and call it Fish, there is a good chance I can register a trademark (assuming all the other factors work in my favour) even though fish is a common word. If I want to open a fishmonger and call it fish, there is very little chance I can register a tm because it is descriptive of the wares. Now if you have a unique word, descriptiveness is less of an issue. Subtle point, but I feel like arguing ;)

stegosaurus
04-06-2019, 08:28 AM
I don’t believe that Inter has been registered at the USPTO yet. I think they have filed, but Miami is opposing it (for obvious reasons). Admittedly, I am not following too closely. However, even if Inter is registered on its own, Miami can make the case that “inter” is not confusing with “inter Miami” to the target market.

Sorry, but you’re wrong: https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/04/04/inter-milan-miami-trademark-rights-mls-expansion-team-name-beckham

If you register a trademark you have to defend it. That’s how trademarks work. Miami bringing up Inter Turku is meant to show that Inter hasn’t vigorously defended their trademark previously, not that they can’t be confused.

If you say “Inter” in America, you mean the Milanese team, not Miami. Seems like that would be a pointless way to lose the case.

JonO
04-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Sorry, but you’re wrong: https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/04/04/inter-milan-miami-trademark-rights-mls-expansion-team-name-beckham

If you register a trademark you have to defend it. That’s how trademarks work. Miami bringing up Inter Turku is meant to show that Inter hasn’t vigorously defended their trademark previously, not that they can’t be confused.

If you say “Inter” in America, you mean the Milanese team, not Miami. Seems like that would be a pointless way to lose the case.
From the article you reference:

This is a central point in Major League Soccer’s legal attempt to block Italian soccer club FC Internazionale Milano—better known as Inter Milan—from gaining trademark protection for the word “Inter,” which it applied for in 2014 with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
"Inter" is simply not yet a registered trademark in US.

stegosaurus
04-06-2019, 10:12 AM
From the article you reference:

"Inter" is simply not yet a registered trademark in US.

You still have to defend trademarks you’ve applied for.

I don’t know why they’re wasting money on lawyers when they could just assemble a legal team composed entirely of internet denizens.

Fort York Redcoat
04-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Chicago fans have long held the Bridgeview contract as a huge boondoggle and hindrance.

For them, this is a huge step forward, not backwards.

No doubt it was a hindrance to move on but this is not a move to the future yet. I hope they can get there next but this is absolutely a step back to move forward.

stegosaurus
04-07-2019, 09:50 AM
No doubt it was a hindrance to move on but this is not a move to the future yet. I hope they can get there next but this is absolutely a step back to move forward.

There’s a Tenorio article on TheAthletic regarding the buyout where he talks about the ownership’s real estate lobbying and the move being temporary. They’re definitely not intending to stay there forever, and unlike NYCFC they look like they actually want to improve the franchise’s situation.

Fort York Redcoat
04-07-2019, 10:10 AM
There’s a Tenorio article on TheAthletic regarding the buyout where he talks about the ownership’s real estate lobbying and the move being temporary. They’re definitely not intending to stay there forever, and unlike NYCFC they look like they actually want to improve the franchise’s situation.

This is great news. I'm glad they acknowledge the need for their own stadium. Even a shared, right-sized stadium is a step forward.

As long as they keep updating their support while they squat at Soldier Field again.

noimpactinmtl
04-07-2019, 11:16 AM

Not for lack of trying, mind you. Getting land in four of the boroughs (I doubt NYCFC would build a stadium in Staten Island) for a football stadium is literally trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Chicago isn’t easy either, but certainly much easier than New York City boroughs.

OgtheDim
04-11-2019, 04:28 PM
All I'm going to say on this is I am REALLY looking forward to us screwing the Whitecaps as much as possible this year.

https://twitter.com/ciaramccormack/status/1116428585982513152

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/11/canadia-soccer-coaches-abuse-mishandling?CMP=share_btn_tw

PizzaEatingYeti
04-14-2019, 10:33 AM
I didn't watch this season any other MLS games except all the TFC ones, but just looking at all the results and the standings it seems to me that this year the West is much more full of quality than the East.
Or maybe just the East teams (the supposed to be good ones) had a very weak season start?
What do you guys think?

Auzzy
04-14-2019, 01:09 PM
All I'm going to say on this is I am REALLY looking forward to us screwing the Whitecaps as much as possible this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/11/canadia-soccer-coaches-abuse-mishandling?CMP=share_btn_tw

Wow that's so disgusting!

Gazza
04-15-2019, 09:14 AM

I can't believe what I just read. This should be a much bigger story than it is.

JuliquE
04-15-2019, 02:36 PM

My Christ!

sidvan
04-16-2019, 05:48 AM
I can't believe what I just read. This should be a much bigger story than it is.

Been following this mess since the original post on twitter. The VWFC seem to have a firm grip on the BC press that this story is leaking out instead of flooding out with a tidal wave. Glad to see it is getting into full view now and hopefully see some action in sorting this out.

OgtheDim
04-16-2019, 10:33 PM
Supporters groups getting involved

https://twitter.com/VancouverSun/status/1118316358675116034

Auzzy
04-16-2019, 11:06 PM
Good to see the supporters groups getting involved.

More info out now: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/16/canadian-soccer-coach-allegations

The club gave Birarda an apartment in the same building where the girls from out of town were staying, even though Biranda had a house in the area? That's just sick, and shows team/corporate involvement in the abusive environment.

Whitecaps had an "ombudsman" investigate the allegations in 2008, but none of the affected players were interviewed at the time? Nuts.

Coastal FC, where Birarda continued coaching young women, claim that Whitecaps and Canada Soccer never told them about the reasons for dismissal from his previous positions? Wow! But the Whitecaps team manager Diane Voice had warned Coastal FC before they hired Birarda, and they ignored her!

paul-collins
04-17-2019, 08:00 AM
As an adult this sickens me.

As a parent this infurates me.

As a coach of teenage girls this saddens me.

OgtheDim
04-18-2019, 12:17 PM
So VCWC keeps saying it didn't do anything because an investigating obudsman didn't made any recommendations.

CBC reporter did some digging.

Turns out the ombusdman didn't make any recommendations because she was hired to investigate & provide facts - not to provide recommendations.

https://twitter.com/CBCLarsen/status/1118687372294545409

This keeps getting sleezier & sleezier.

OgtheDim
04-18-2019, 06:14 PM
In nicer news for the league

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/1119013653934592001

Canary10
04-18-2019, 08:42 PM
In nicer news for the league

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/1119013653934592001

I’m actually not sure this is good news. Remember the articles we all sloughed off saying MLS is essentially a Ponzi scheme, addicted to the expansion fees? I’m starting to think there is some truth in that. MLS can’t resist any ownership group with a stadium render and the money for the expansion fee. Is that much expansion good, especially when a fair number of teams really aren’t that successful in their markets?

James17930
04-18-2019, 11:03 PM
I’m actually not sure this is good news. Remember the articles we all sloughed off saying MLS is essentially a Ponzi scheme, addicted to the expansion fees? I’m starting to think there is some truth in that. MLS can’t resist any ownership group with a stadium render and the money for the expansion fee. Is that much expansion good, especially when a fair number of teams really aren’t that successful in their markets?
But because of the structure of the league, when most teams are successful, they all are (in a weird way).

Besides, once they went past 20 teams, they basically had to keep pushing toward 36 - 40 to restore balance. Either MLS 1 & 2 with pro-rel, or Eastern and Western conf. that basically function as separate leagues, with the winners playing for the Cup.

They can't stay at 28 teams with an imbalanced schedule indefinitely.

TFC1154ever
04-19-2019, 01:42 AM
30 teams, 5 divisions of 6 teams. You play your division twice, and everyone else once. Top 3 in each division go to the playoffs except one (or you add one more team, and go 16). Only way this works out schedule wise.

TFC
Montreal
NY Red Bulls
NYCFC
New England
Philadelphia

Colorado
Sporting KC
St.Louis
Chicago
Nashville
Minnesota

Atlanta
Orlando
Miami
DC United
Columbus
Cincinnati

Auston
Dallas
Houston
RSL
Phoenix?
Sacramento

LAFC
LA Galaxy
Seattle
Vancouver
Portland
San Jose

David_Oliveira
04-19-2019, 08:08 AM
It just seems to be too many teams for me. Does this mean pro/rel is coming soon?

Initial B
04-19-2019, 08:11 AM
They will set it up NBA Style:

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Atlantic Division: NER, NYRB, NYCFC, Philadelphia, DCU
Central Division: Montreal, Toronto, Columbus, Cincinnati, Chicago
Southeast Division: Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte/Raleigh/St Louis

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Northwest Division: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, RSL, Colorado
Pacific Division: Sacramento, San Jose, LAG, LAFC, Phoenix/St Louis
Southwest Division: MinnU, SKC, Dallas, Houston, Austin

Notice this doesn't leave enough room for one of the favoured clubs. I'm betting that 30 is a placeholder and that they'll announce expansion to 32 clubs just before the 30th club is picked.

ag futbol
04-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Yeah, it’s starting to look NHL-esque. Rather than leave some good targets in place and holding lagging franchises feet to the fire, they continue to coupon clip and chase easy short-term money.

#1 priority here should be fixing the north East market. Get Chicago and NER under better ownership or force current ownership to fix the stadium situations. Get NYCFC in a permanent soccer specific home. Make sure Phily is under good management doesn’t continue to face plant perpetually.

If they don’t address this shit they are losing a chunk of the largest viewing market in the United States which is bad news for everyone.

kodiakTFC
04-19-2019, 09:18 AM
Expansion is inevitable with this league. Owners love the money. Markets want the league. New markets seem to increase success. I genuinely would not be shocked if MLS was the first major league in the US to go beyond 32 teams. I've always advocated for MLS East and West leagues similar to the MLB; perhaps some inter-league play. This way to league could have a balance scheduled with 18 teams on each side.

MLS really should focus on fixing its current teams in major markets though. Not to say it can't all be done at once; just look at DC.

OgtheDim
04-19-2019, 09:33 AM
The defacto League 1 & League 2 feel to much of MLS is going to just get stronger the more teams come into this league.

The difference between teams used to be in the players. Now the difference is in the organizations.

Current League 1

Columbus
TFC
Montreal
DCU
NYRB
Atlanta
SKC
LAFC
LAG
Seattle
Houston
FCD
NYCFC
Portland

All of those teams have the underpinnings to stay contenders for years.

Yes, there are some teams in there not doing so well right now, mostly due to some bad manager choices - but does anybody expect those teams to NOT get back into form at some point in the next 2 seasons? And, yes, Montreal is in that group precisely because of their manager & the fact Joey has kicked himself out of the decision making process.

Now look at the rest

Chicago
Cinci
Philly
Orlando
NER
Loons
RSL
VCWC
SJE
Colorado

Most seasons, you can fully expect the teams in League 1 to beat the teams in League 2.

We don't need pro/rel in MLS - it exists already.

stegosaurus
04-19-2019, 09:50 AM
It just seems to be too many teams for me. Does this mean pro/rel is coming soon?

No, for all the same reasons the pro/rel discussion has failed in the past.

James17930
04-20-2019, 01:13 AM
This looks ugly – hope they get it sorted out soon:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-forward-altidore-slams-club-president-trainer-dispute/

Upon reflection, this is actually really bad.

I mean, this is way worse than what vdW did, for example. Now, Jozy is much more attached to the club, obviously, so he'll get away with it in the end, but he's going to have to do some serious penance I think.

fergiejr
04-22-2019, 07:27 AM
Jozy's instagram shows that he in the trainer are back working together.

OgtheDim
04-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Tenorio in LA talking with Bob Bradley & Musing on MLS & where it is heading. (paywalled)

https://theathletic.com/940589/2019/04/23/

Some interesting quotes in there including

“I wish I could see it every game in MLS,” LAFC head coach Bob Bradley said of his own team’s performance—their ideas, creativity, technical ability and high degree of execution. “(But) I don’t. I wish you could look around the USL and see it every game; you don’t. I wish you could see it in every Development Academy. I wish you could see it in every unaffiliated club. I wish I could show up and watch football anywhere and see football that is the way you know it needs to be played in order for the game to grow, in order to develop players.”

And he continued in that vein, saying, “If you go and watch a game and see two teams slugging it out and no ideas and just wrestling matches and everything else, that drives me crazy. That’s shit. No, I don’t care where it is, and the only responsibility we have is to try to (play good soccer) every time we step onto the field.”
It’s a responsibility to the game that Bradley takes seriously. Sunday showed what it looks like when it’s executed well.

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Tenorio in LA talking with Bradley & Musing on MLS & where it is heading. (paywalled)

https://theathletic.com/940589/2019/04/23/

Some interesting quotes in there including

Make him the commissioner.

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2019, 07:03 PM
Man the PR storm the Whitecaps have going is something else. As soon as one embarrassment starts to fade they toss another log on the fire.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/04/23/whitecaps-youth-coach-investigation-racism/?fbclid=IwAR0y8NvpS3ZYPFDATmfa975fKWjKAR_hacN0almM BkwvzMBfluF2vxFpNwQ

OgtheDim
04-23-2019, 07:48 PM
This reminds me of the reason why I stopped following the CFL (the Hamilton coach fiasco of a few years ago).

If I was a VCWC supporter, I'd probably be burning my jersey now, cancelling my membership & finding another place to support.

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2019, 08:14 PM
And we thought our old Mo, Anselmi, Payne FOs were a disaster.

ag futbol
04-23-2019, 08:53 PM
Man the PR storm the Whitecaps have going is something else. As soon as one embarrassment starts to fade they toss another log on the fire.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/04/23/whitecaps-youth-coach-investigation-racism/?fbclid=IwAR0y8NvpS3ZYPFDATmfa975fKWjKAR_hacN0almM BkwvzMBfluF2vxFpNwQ
What a joke. So the FA investigated and from the sounds of the article seemed to verify the claim against the coach. But the Caps look to ignore that. And, to top it all off, come to this guy’s defence? Am I missing something here?!?

Lenarduzzi is making Mo Johnston look like SAF.

OgtheDim
04-23-2019, 09:09 PM
A statement done through a twitter thread from apparently the most positive & optimistic VCWC supporter around, a guy who changes his flights to get to games.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1120866294646149126.html

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Adams has been an “outstanding coach, leader and member” of their soccer community

Imagine being the guy defending a coach who wrote 'f*ck off' on a banana and threw it at one of his team's black players.

And since their FO seems to want to defend all these 'coaches' who did these things, I think a full scale, scorched Earth implosion is imminent.

Thankfully Davies got out.

Redcoe15
04-23-2019, 10:44 PM
Robo must be relieved not to be a part of that shitshow in B.C.

Ultra & Proud
04-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Robo must be relieved not to be a part of that shitshow in B.C.
Hopefully he wasn't the guy who recommended Adams. Doesn't say who that was.

Oldtimer
04-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Imagine being the guy defending a coach who wrote 'f*ck off' on a banana and threw it at one of his team's black players.

And since their FO seems to want to defend all these 'coaches' who did these things, I think a full scale, scorched Earth implosion is imminent.

Thankfully Davies got out.

Any team can be forgiven for hiring someone based on a recommendation from someone they trust, and there being something in the past that they didn't know about.

However, the way in which the team has handled their scandals boggles the mind. It's shocking.

James17930
04-24-2019, 10:00 AM
Any team can be forgiven for hiring someone based on a recommendation from someone they trust, and there being something in the past that they didn't know about.

However, the way in which the team has handled their scandals boggles the mind. It's shocking.

Sure, but this guy was under investigation by the FA – seems like that's something that would/should have been known.

Oldtimer
04-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Sure, but this guy was under investigation by the FA – seems like that's something that would/should have been known.

Good point.

OgtheDim
04-24-2019, 12:25 PM
Speaking of embarrasments

Apparently the Nazi Latino skinhead NYFC supporters travelled to DCU on the weekend & unfurled banners

WARNING: Maybe NSFW

Consider where you are before you open this - Neo Nazi images shown

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1120982364493160448.ht (the link won't go anywhere - put ml at the end for those who want to link)

So not only does NYC have a problem, but these guys are travelling to other stadiums.

(if the mods want to edit this, I understand)

Ben - D.O.W.
04-24-2019, 01:20 PM
Apparently the Nazi Latino skinhead NYFC supporters travelled to DCU on the weekend & unfurled banners

How the league and teams are turning a blind eye to this is disgusting.

Anyone see these assholes when NYC came to Toronto? I assume it would have been bigger news if they'd made the trip here.

ag futbol
04-24-2019, 02:07 PM

Doesn’t really absolve you from running a basic background check, regardless of the reference. Especially true for someone who is going to be working with minors.

Heck, when I volunteered to coached youth soccer at my local club I had to sign waivers for a background check and submit a police report. The whitecaps aren’t capable of doing this?

paul-collins
04-24-2019, 02:40 PM
I just noticed that we have to visit most of the top western teams and host the lower level ones. Of the top 5, only Houston comes our way. So we don't get to see either LA team or Dallas at home... And we've already seen Seattle.

And of the bottom 7, we only visit Vancouver and RSL...

I suppose we can consider it good from a "scouting for the Cup final" perspective. :D

ensco
04-24-2019, 02:53 PM
We have benefitted from a friendly schedule and rest, and we got some breaks (late results against NE and Minn could have been very different). We are not right now as good as our record.

Same for the Galaxy btw

Gringo Starr
04-24-2019, 03:00 PM
As the shirt sponsor Bell should way in on the whitecaps scandals, this is a #letstalk moment if there ever was one.

stegosaurus
04-25-2019, 10:34 AM
As the shirt sponsor Bell should way in on the whitecaps scandals, this is a #letstalk moment if there ever was one.

As much as I support the principles of the #letstalk campaign, it’s just a marketing technique.

OgtheDim
04-26-2019, 06:36 AM
From the TFC "we did well as an academy in GA" promo article (https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/04/25/toronto-fc-academy-sides-shine-texas-tournaments)

He did mention something particularly special about that U15 team.

“The U15s, which is a really strong group for us, was our first U11 team,” said Vanney. “[They] started in our club when they were ten years old. [That's] the reason why at 15 now, they're one of the best teams across North and Central America.”

“They started here early, they've been locked in since, and we've continued to build with that group. We're seeing that process work. That's exciting,” emphasized Vanney. “It will ultimately be measured with these young players getting into the first team and making a difference. We're starting to see some of that as well.”

Hope for 2023 & 2024

Note they lost to Chivas on penalties after beating 4 Mexican teams (including Chivas) in prelim rounds - always Chivas with the penalties.

ag futbol
04-26-2019, 09:24 AM
Drilling down on what’s happening in the academy right now, there are two very high potential prospects. One is Marshall-Rutty who is the 14-yo TFC2 signed earlier this year. The other is 16 y.o. Jayden Nelson who is already starting to give USL defenders fits.

As far as I can tell one plays FW on the left and the other plays the same spot on the right.

Now if we could just start bringing through some defenders...

OgtheDim
04-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Pro insight to what happened in a few reviews last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2ntcv6jdc

stegosaurus
04-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Telfer just scored the inaugural CPL goal.

gracos
04-27-2019, 12:16 PM
Great goal and composure by Telfer for the first goal in the CPL

OgtheDim
04-29-2019, 08:06 AM
I know this is about the uber mucho better EPL, but the days of "just stick it in the mixer" might be over for a reason, even at MLS level. A good article about what has changed in the last 20 years. When I look at the last 2 champions & LAFC this season, I see systems. And when I see those 3 teams struggle, its when they can't implement a system of some sort & start relying upon an individual (see "give it to Bradley all the time")

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-football-s-new-age-neutralises-philosophies-of-the-past-1.3874358?mode=amp

Hamilton_Red
04-30-2019, 11:22 PM
TFC’s development system looked pretty good on the CPL inaugural weekend...

for me Telfer, Welshman, Borjes, Aparacio looked very good and Bekker was marquis..though disappointed. I was expecting to see Quillian Roberts in goal for Forge..not sure why he didn’t play. You can see that the CPL will give a host of players who didn’t quite make it or didn’t quite get a chance at TFC and the other MLS clubs. It’s going top be a big improvement for soccer in Canada. The three MLS teams will have a big advantage picking up the players that emerge from this league.

DinamoTFC
05-01-2019, 08:12 AM
TFC’s development system looked pretty good on the CPL inaugural weekend...

for me Telfer, Welshman, Borjes, Aparacio looked very good and Bekker was marquis..though disappointed. I was expecting to see Quillian Roberts in goal for Forge..not sure why he didn’t play. You can see that the CPL will give a host of players who didn’t quite make it or didn’t quite get a chance at TFC and the other MLS clubs. It’s going top be a big improvement for soccer in Canada. The three MLS teams will have a big advantage picking up the players that emerge from this league.

If the league produces more Mark Anthony Kayes (who had to go back to USL to gain development) then it will be a success.

Oldtimer
05-02-2019, 06:17 AM
Sporting KC had to cancel training because they have so many injuries. The curse of the CCL affecting the regular season strikes again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomKCTV5/status/1123601204553093120

OgtheDim
05-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Colorado manager says his team can't compete with Atlanta because of player salary spending.

Fired 2 days later. (He was crap & likely to be fired soon anyways).

ag futbol
05-02-2019, 08:59 AM
The dumpster fire in Vancouver continues with the club issuing a weak apology letter. They also, according to Twitter chatter, held a “presser” where they denied access to a handful of reporters who covered the incident.

OgtheDim
05-02-2019, 03:27 PM
For anybody interested, Michael Leetch of 680News has published 2 Youtube videos of training ground interviews of Vanney

He's the same guy that did the youtube of the post Loons Jozy interview.

Here's his channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ05ZWhyIA6HKIsQH6Fp7kw

If he keeps this up, could make an alternative to the Pravda video edits.

ensco
05-02-2019, 03:47 PM
Colorado manager says his team can't compete with Atlanta because of player salary spending.

Fired 2 days later. (He was crap & likely to be fired soon anyways).

TFC trivia time: Casey becomes the second former TFC player to become an MLS manager -Robbo was the first.

(Calling that guy a "TFC player" is a thin reed, I know)

Smokecell
05-02-2019, 07:45 PM
MLS doing MLS things again

https://www.mnufc.com/post/2019/05/02/mnufc-acquires-general-allocation-money-la-galaxy

notthesun
05-04-2019, 07:07 PM
A name to watch for in the future... 16 year old winger Jayden Nelsen of TFC II with a hat trick for the Canadian U17s in a 4-2 win over Guatemala at the CONCACAF U17 Championship.

He had an 8 minute cameo in TFC II's first game of the season earlier also... looked quite skilled on the ball.

stegosaurus
05-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Auro needs a professionally done headshot for his Instagram profile photo.

Ultra & Proud
05-06-2019, 01:43 PM
A name to watch for in the future... 16 year old winger Jayden Nelsen of TFC II with a hat trick for the Canadian U17s in a 4-2 win over Guatemala at the CONCACAF U17 Championship.

He had an 8 minute cameo in TFC II's first game of the season earlier also... looked quite skilled on the ball.

I've been trying to keep tabs on him too. He looks like a really good prospect.

stegosaurus
05-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Osorio made the MLS Audi Player Index (lol) team of the week.

Guess who was on the bench? Marky Delgado.

Thank you sweet prince Marky.

Edit: TFC loanee Telfer ranked second on this week’s CPL Volkswagen (aka Audi) Index.

Initial B
05-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Delgado's inclusion in the TOTW makes me think that we're missing something about his performances that the stats seem to be picking up and he's not as bad as some people think he is.

stegosaurus
05-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Delgado's inclusion in the TOTW makes me think that we're missing something about his performances that the stats seem to be picking up and he's not as bad as some people think he is.

I’m pro-Marky, and think he’s a good MLS level player. He has had some bad games, makes mistakes at times, but I don’t think the way we’re playing now highlights his abilities.

notthesun
05-07-2019, 12:34 PM
I don't get how anyone could've watched our game and chosen Marky or even Osorio ahead of Mavinga for TOTW but ok.

stegosaurus
05-07-2019, 12:42 PM
I don't get how anyone could've watched our game and chosen Marky or even Osorio ahead of Mavinga for TOTW but ok.

Agreed, but you and I both know TOTY and the Audi Index are stupid anyway :)

OgtheDim
05-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Wayne Rooney says the best free kick he has ever taken

was against us last year in DC

https://theathletic.com/966423/2019/05/07/

anto7
05-07-2019, 05:50 PM
I’m pro-Marky, and think he’s a good MLS level player. He has had some bad games, makes mistakes at times, but I don’t think the way we’re playing now highlights his abilities.

I am with you on Delgado, I don’t understand why so many people on here slate him all the time. He keeps things simple, gets the ball quickly to the guys who you would want on the ball, covers a lot of ground and is more skillful than people give him credit for. I bet if you asked Bradley his opinion of Delgado he would rate him highly. Obviously the coach of the US men’s team must feel the same way or he would never have been called up into the squad and played minutes in the starting 11.

anto7
05-07-2019, 06:00 PM
We often give our players a hard time for poor defending(and rightly so), but take a look if you have not seen it yet, the 4th goal that Liverpool scored off a quickly taken corner kick today. Although young Alexander-Arnold deserves a lot of credit for his quick thinking, the defending from Barcelona, one of the greatest teams in the world, was absolutely atrocious. These guys are getting paid infinitely more money than our boys yet should be thoroughly embarrassed with that type of defending.

stegosaurus
05-07-2019, 06:23 PM
We often give our players a hard time for poor defending(and rightly so), but take a look if you have not seen it yet, the 4th goal that Liverpool scored off a quickly taken corner kick today. Although young Alexander-Arnold deserves a lot of credit for his quick thinking, the defending from Barcelona, one of the greatest teams in the world, was absolutely atrocious. These guys are getting paid infinitely more money than our boys yet should be thoroughly embarrassed with that type of defending.

As a PSG fan their eliminations this year and last year almost made me feel better about the Remontada.

OgtheDim
05-08-2019, 08:46 AM
Apparently the DeLeon Red Hair thing is a cancer fundraiser

https://twitter.com/Chris_Mavinga/status/1126108458485465088

On the Liverpool quick corner thing - apparently they noticed this in analysis and told players to be watch & ready if need be. From what we've seen, we have one of the better analytics team in this league.

OgtheDim
05-09-2019, 01:24 PM
So 3 MLS coaches fired this week

jloome
05-09-2019, 11:56 PM

The same was true of Hagglund, who would sometimes have six or seven aerial clearances and two or three tackles in a single game and get shit all over on the boards for one bad pass. He was highly rated in the audi index almost every time he played, which is probably what Cincy liked. He has been uneven there, but not bad.

stegosaurus
05-10-2019, 09:00 AM
The same was true of Hagglund, who would sometimes have six or seven aerial clearances and two or three tackles in a single game and get shit all over on the boards for one bad pass. He was highly rated in the audi index almost every time he played, which is probably what Cincy liked. He has been uneven there, but not bad.

I always thought Hagglund was relatively well regarded as a backup offering aerial ability but that his defending wasn’t exactly great, especially coming back from injury.

Kind of like Ciman, for whom actually defending is almost his worst footballing attribute... he looks bad doing what people think he’s supposed to be doing though.

OgtheDim
05-10-2019, 09:35 AM
Watching Hagglund was like watching Doniel without the handballs. He dropped down the pecking order in Cinci of late - that might change with the interim coach (youngest coach in MLS ever BTW - 29 years old)

Red CB Toronto
05-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Ayo has been named to the US side for the upcoming U20 World Cup.

Auzzy
05-10-2019, 01:19 PM

Needs the "THIS IS FINE" meme...

Mark TFC
05-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Good stuff, Ayo!

nonc
05-11-2019, 01:22 PM
Crepeau >> Bono

ag futbol
05-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Not sure about that as yet but i’m shocked how long it’s collectively taken North American coaches to pull their heads out of their asses and give this guy a chance.

He was a very good youth keeper who suffered a bad injury and just needed playing time.

notthesun
05-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Canada U17s play Costa Rica in 15 minutes at the U17 CONCACAF Championship, winner moves on and qualifies for the U17 World Cup. Canada hasn't been there since 2013 (when Jordan Hamilton was on the squad).

There's a stream on CONCACAF Go but it's pay-per-view ($2).

Canada starting XI includes Rohan Goulbourne, Ralph Priso-Mbongue, and Jayden Nelsen of TFC.

stegosaurus
05-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Canada U17s play Costa Rica in 15 minutes at the U17 CONCACAF Championship, winner moves on and qualifies for the U17 World Cup. Canada hasn't been there since 2013 (when Jordan Hamilton was on the squad).

There's a stream on CONCACAF Go but it's pay-per-view ($2).

Canada starting XI includes Rohan Goulbourne, Ralph Priso-Mbongue, and Jayden Nelsen of TFC.

If you’re watching, can you do a quick recap? I’m at the airport and out of town for a week or so but would like to hear how they played.

reggie
05-12-2019, 10:32 AM
u17..1-1 70th min.nelson for canada

notthesun
05-12-2019, 11:57 AM
U17s win on penalties and qualify for the U17 World Cup after a 1-1 game vs Costa Rica!

I couldn't watch unfortunately but followed the commentary, sounded like a crazy game. Canada scored a goal called back for offside, took the lead near halftime on Jayden Nelson's penalty (his 5th goal of the tournament), Costa Rica leveled with a penalty of their own right at the start of the 2nd half, Canada scored a free kick that was disallowed for a foul in the wall as it was taken, we hit the crossbar, we cleared a goal off the line, we hit the crossbar again in extra time... finally won on penalties. I'll have to wait for highlights.

stegosaurus
05-12-2019, 12:52 PM
U17s win on penalties and qualify for the U17 World Cup after a 1-1 game vs Costa Rica!

I couldn't watch unfortunately but followed the commentary, sounded like a crazy game. Canada scored a goal called back for offside, took the lead near halftime on Jayden Nelson's penalty (his 5th goal of the tournament), Costa Rica leveled with a penalty of their own right at the start of the 2nd half, Canada scored a free kick that was disallowed for a foul in the wall as it was taken, we hit the crossbar, we cleared a goal off the line, we hit the crossbar again in extra time... finally won on penalties. I'll have to wait for highlights.

Thanks, sounds good!

notthesun
05-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Some quick... very quick... highlights here:

https://twitter.com/Concacaf/status/1127652978826125318

ag futbol
05-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Good job by the team. This is a really crucial step for players at this age in terms of exposure. The impact of occasionally missing these tournaments is huge, so good that we're back on the right side of things.

fergiejr
05-13-2019, 10:19 AM
No kidding about the very quick highlights. I jumped out of my chair when our keeper stopped the penalty. :canada:

OgtheDim
05-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Not specifically MLS but I could see this going on as a trial in USL and then MLS being willing to trial it here.

Temporary concussion injury subs

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-soccer-leagues/0/blog/post/3847375/has-the-usl-found-the-way-forward-in-soccers-concussion-problem

stegosaurus
05-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Not specifically MLS but I could see this going on as a trial in USL and then MLS being willing to trial it here.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-soccer-leagues/0/blog/post/3847375/has-the-usl-found-the-way-forward-in-soccers-concussion-problem

Maybe CPL with the focus on the new rule adoption too.

fergiejr
05-14-2019, 08:27 AM

Reminds me of this. MLS used to have a 4th substitution rule. I think they might put more words around it this time to avoid something like this.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2013/03/14/top-atlantic-cup-moments-cheatin-bob-bradley-and-eddie-gavens-confusing-10-seconds

James17930
05-14-2019, 08:43 AM
Reminds me of this. MLS used to have a 4th substitution rule. I think they might put more words around it this time to avoid something like this.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2013/03/14/top-atlantic-cup-moments-cheatin-bob-bradley-and-eddie-gavens-confusing-10-seconds

But why would the player subbed out (Howard), be allowed to go back in? That doesn't make sense.

OgtheDim
05-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Bruce Arena is now the uber boss of NER.

Auzzy
05-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Bruce Arena is now the uber boss of NER.

Wow very interesting. Although Arena was not always successful in MLS, and he is certainly a representative of older MLS eras, this has to mean something. He's going to at least attempt to be good, and he must have some commitment from the team that they'll spend a bit. At 67, Arena doesn't need this job, and I guess he wouldn't do it if he didn't see any chance of success.

OgtheDim
05-14-2019, 12:23 PM
Part of me thinks Arena wants to do this because he sees his legacy as tainted by the last USMNT debacle. His last tenure with LAG ended with him looking disinterersted - he has an open disdain for analytics & never really understood load management. It also remains to be seen if he can coach a team playing on turf - people forget he went 16-16-10 with NYRB before they fired him.

BritSOL
05-14-2019, 06:49 PM
But why would the player subbed out (Howard), be allowed to go back in? That doesn't make sense.

goalkeeper Tim Howard (https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/tim-howard) and midfielder Mark Lisi swapped positions on the field. Tim Howard wasn't actually substituted off.

stegosaurus
05-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Incoming Tsubasa Endoh acting like a dickhead stuff.

Areathrasher
05-14-2019, 07:22 PM

Our very own Anthony Martial...

James17930
05-14-2019, 07:25 PM

What happened?

Areathrasher
05-14-2019, 07:59 PM
What happened?

Tsubasa tried to get bum fun from a lady in Salt Lake City on Tinder

stegosaurus
05-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Tsubasa tried to get bum fun from a lady in Salt Lake City on Tinder

Girl: How tall are you?
Endoh: 6’.
Girl: Cool! That’s my minimum height for a guy.
Endoh: Wait until you see my MLS minimum salary...
Girl: Tall AND rich?
Endoh: Uhh... yeah, of course. Wanna see a pic?
Girl: Sure!
Endoh: *Sends photo ripped from Simonin’s Instagram*
Girl: Wow!
Endoh: Anal sex?
—TRANSMISSION ENDED—

Voodooman
05-14-2019, 08:45 PM
Ehhh quite easy to set up a fake account on that. Will wait for further info.

Seems like there was a lot missing in that convo. Not defending, but not jumping to conclusions

portu
05-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Girl: How tall are you?
Endoh: 6’.
Girl: Cool! That’s my minimum height for a guy.
Endoh: Wait until you see my MLS minimum salary...
Girl: Tall AND rich?
Endoh: Uhh... yeah, of course. Wanna see a pic?
Girl: Sure!
Endoh: *Sends photo ripped from Simonin’s Instagram*
Girl: Wow!
Endoh: Anal sex?
—TRANSMISSION ENDED—

Oh my fucking God

T r a n s m i s s i o n
E n d e d

stegosaurus
05-14-2019, 08:51 PM

Seems like there was a lot missing in that convo. Not defending, but not jumping to conclusions

Imagine faking a bizarre conversation surrounding anal sex in the very state that invented the poophole loophole and involving an MLS player who doesn’t even play and is basically anonymous.

If they were making it up, you’d probably choose a spicier character than Tsubasa Endoh.

Though I guess he seems pretty spicy now.

Carter
05-14-2019, 08:51 PM

Agreed, and if the locational data on the pictures are correct, the user would have been located in Cincinnati Ohio or there about... 1673 miles from salt lake? Toronto is 1895 miles from salt lake, by way the car drives.

We we will see how this all rolls out. If it is in fact TE, I can see him out the door before the weekend.

stegosaurus
05-14-2019, 08:57 PM
Agreed, and if the locational data on the pictures are correct, the user would have been located in Cincinnati Ohio or there about... 1673 miles from salt lake? Toronto is 1895 miles from salt lake, by way the car drives.

We we will see how this all rolls out. If it is in fact TE, I can see him out the door before the weekend.

No.

Twitter strips EXIF from photos, and the photos were originally posted on Twitter.

Carter
05-14-2019, 09:04 PM
No.

Twitter strips EXIF from photos, and the photos were originally posted on Twitter.
Although, who uses the same Image from your twitter profile as your tinder profile image. Either or, the actions of the user TE or not are wrong, disrespectful..

if the EXIF has been eliminated how is the miles away being calculated that shows up on the users page?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6eDvHoU8AAADrR?format=jpg&name=large

stegosaurus
05-14-2019, 09:12 PM
ok, so the “miles away” in the screen shot is incorrect?

Yes? Tinder is notorious for bad distance calculations and doesn’t calculate distances based on car driving.

If anything, that makes it even more obvious that he was in Toronto while doing it lol.

stegosaurus
05-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Although, who uses the same Image from your twitter profile as your tinder profile image. Either or, the actions of the user TE or not are wrong, disrespectful..

if the EXIF has been eliminated how is the miles away being calculated that shows up on the users page?

If you’re going to edit your post at least leave the original one intact.

TFC07
05-15-2019, 12:48 AM
I just read girl's sister tweet about this. To be honest with you, it's disturbing but he isn't forcing her sister to do anything like her sister claims. It just typical messages that you can find on tinder (or any other hookup site). Besides, if her sister was so disturbed then why not block him or stop messaging him back? This clout chasing is getting out of hand here. I hope TFC look other way on this incident.

OgtheDim
05-15-2019, 06:28 AM
:Yawn:

What people do in private on Tinder I do not care about.

stegosaurus
05-15-2019, 08:40 AM
I just read girl's sister tweet about this. To be honest with you, it's disturbing but he isn't forcing her sister to do anything like her sister claims. It just typical messages that you can find on tinder (or any other hookup site). Besides, if her sister was so disturbed then why not block him or stop messaging him back? This clout chasing is getting out of hand here. I hope TFC look other way on this incident.

Can you chase the clout of someone with no clout?

He’s like 5 feet tall, probably can’t even afford a condo downtown, and is an adult who plays with a bunch of 16 year olds on a team so bad they were relegated from the second division.

He probably needs to up his Tinder game from innocuous conversation transitioning to anal in public or whatever. Only tall guys can pull that one off.

Areathrasher
05-15-2019, 09:16 AM

He’s like 5 feet tall, probably can’t even afford a condo downtown, and is an adult who plays with a bunch of 16 year olds on a team so bad they were relegated from the second division.

He probably needs to up his Tinder game from innocuous conversation transitioning to anal in public or whatever. Only tall guys can pull that one off.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

noimpactinmtl
05-15-2019, 07:09 PM

An USL football player who can’t even cut second tier Belgium league acting like he got enough clout to get butt fun from thots. Announce it in the locker room, fine the guy and let him get banter chants by opposing fans.

DinamoTFC
05-15-2019, 11:18 PM
I wonder why Atlanta, who has a similar busy schedule as us, and majority of games are played on turf and uses their first choice lineup game in and out doesn't suffer injuries as significantly as we do. It seems we rotate and everyone stills gets injured.

andre99
05-16-2019, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know exactly what was said by Tsubasa?

Oldtimer
05-16-2019, 11:11 AM

https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/56b0ed8be8bfcd4537303974/master/pass/hedda-hopper-idol-gossips.jpg

paul-collins
05-16-2019, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know exactly what was said by Tsubasa?The screencaps were on twitter yesterday. Not sure if they're still there. #TFCLive was tagged.

stegosaurus
05-16-2019, 11:47 AM

Picture a movie where a guy awkwardly chats up a girl. At the end of the night, he asks for a kiss. She rejects him.

Now replace guy with Endoh and a kiss with public anal sex.

Oldtimer
05-17-2019, 12:49 PM
Impact have added a grilled cheese menu to their stadium food, lol. Saputo finding a new market.

OgtheDim
05-17-2019, 01:27 PM
Impact have added a grilled cheese menu to their stadium food, lol. Saputo finding a new market.

Sell enough Saputo product & maybe they can get a better DP budget.

On another note, speculation developing that Zlatan has been suspended for his choke hold on Sean Johnson last week.

stegosaurus
05-17-2019, 01:31 PM
Sell enough Saputo product & maybe they can get a better DP budget.

Maybe he can sell lots of terrible Saputo cheese and buy a cheesemaker that makes decent cheese to add to their portfolio while they’re at it...

Ultra & Proud
05-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Maybe he can sell lots of terrible Saputo cheese and buy a cheesemaker that makes decent cheese to add to their portfolio while they’re at it...
DP Fromagologist.

stegosaurus
05-17-2019, 05:28 PM
DP Fromagologist.

You’d think that a cheesemonger could assemble a reasonable plate of nachos especially naming it after their star player.

I’d be ashamed if I were Piatti. The “Nachos Piatti” were leagues worse than you can assemble with storebought ingredients half or fully in the bag at 4am.

Areathrasher
05-20-2019, 09:48 AM
40 man provisional gold cup rosters announced

jozy and Bradley for the yanks

osorio, okello and morgan for canada

reggie
05-20-2019, 10:35 AM
yup perfect.jozy will be at full health jus in time for the gold cup.after missing half the games for his club that is paying him and gave him a new contract.so he will probs miss another 4 or 5 games.jus say no jozy,

Kamp Berg
05-20-2019, 10:38 AM
yup perfect.jozy will be at full health jus in time for the gold cup.after missing half the games for his club that is paying him and gave him a new contract.so he will probs miss another 4 or 5 games.jus say no jozy,

I love Jozy but I had the same upsetting thought that the only healthy stint he’ll have this year will be for the gold cup.

Auzzy
05-20-2019, 10:51 AM
40 man provisional gold cup rosters announced

jozy and Bradley for the yanks

osorio, okello and morgan for canada

Interesting, no CanPL players even on the provisional roster for Canada.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-20-2019, 10:57 AM

I never ever want to see any future TFC teams with more than one US DP in the lot.
To be honest I would like zero from the US, after the Bradley-Jozy era will be a past thing.

portu
05-20-2019, 11:42 AM
I love Jozy but I had the same upsetting thought that the only healthy stint he’ll have this year will be for the gold cup.
Can we all just agree re-upping Jozy was an emotional decision. The guy doesn't play for us as much as your star DP should.

stegosaurus
05-20-2019, 12:03 PM
Can we all just agree re-upping Jozy was an emotional decision. The guy doesn't play for us as much as your star DP should.

If Jozy were healthy we’d be singing a different tune, but he said he’s healthy and we were reassured his injuries were a thing of the past.

Maybe Jozy conned them into it, but you’d assume the FO and medical staff would be more intelligent. Then again, the FO fired the physio he liked only to bring him back later...

Plus, if we lost Jozy prior to the season there’s no way the FO would have been able to bring in a DP striker considering how hard they bungled the last window and the excuse of “waiting for the right player.”

Gringo Starr
05-20-2019, 12:10 PM
Not an easy string of games for us during the gold cup either: Dallas, Atl, D.C. And L.A. G.. If Jozy is on the Gold Cup squad the choice to not add during the last window looks so much worse.

the only good thing about the Gold Cup is it gives us a chance to see what the team is like without Bradleywith his contract on the near horizon

Gringo Starr
05-20-2019, 12:12 PM
They probably don't rush the Jozy signing if the Seba saga didn't get out of hand. It did and Jozy looks both knee jerk and emotional

ensco
05-21-2019, 04:05 PM
This analysis is seriously interesting

https://twitter.com/mls_buzz/status/1130923330364690435?s=21

portu
05-21-2019, 04:21 PM

Spending more money doesn't necessarily mean a higher quality of player. Silva on 233k or 500k is still Silva. If they committed funds like this one of two things happen. Either current wages inflate, or current players get displaced. The league is too smart to allow the former and too committed to developing Americans to allow the latter. MLS is always only going to be as good as its domestic players.

OgtheDim
05-21-2019, 06:55 PM
A few thoughts

People don't mind developing Americans but the turn over in 21-23 year olds from the academies is a lot larger then people realise.

With TAM, the amount of skilled technical players has grown. MLS is actively telling teams where they can use TAM & it's by and large not on domestics - Osorio is unusual in this regard.

IF MLS released the purse strings and said the cap was $12 million without DP's or TAM, you'd see a lot more younger players from around the world playing - but they are not going to spend that amount of money. So the idea that an MLS team can compete with Atalanta is a false comparison.

stegosaurus
05-21-2019, 09:00 PM
A few thoughts

People don't mind developing Americans but the turn over in 21-23 year olds from the academies is a lot larger then people realise.

With TAM, the amount of skilled technical players has grown. MLS is actively telling teams where they can use TAM & it's by and large not on domestics - Osorio is unusual in this regard.

IF MLS released the purse strings and said the cap was $12 million without DP's or TAM, you'd see a lot more younger players from around the world playing - but they are not going to spend that amount of money. So the idea that an MLS team can compete with Atalanta is a false comparison.

Yeah, I’ve looked at these numbers a lot and the only thing they tell you is that:

1. MLS overpays a lot of players,
2. MLS overpays domestics,
3. MLS teams don’t develop a lot of good, cheap, loyal talents on an academy basis,

and so on.

It’s the same reason some Chinese teams have huge wage bills: foreign players, Asian players you’d want to spend money on, and good Chinese players are all a pretty small pool. Your keeper has to be Chinese so any of the reasonably decent (or at least really tall) ones are paid unreasonable amounts and the transfer fees are pretty bizarre.

There’s a reason MLS teams have relatively high salaries for relatively mediocre squads.

Initial B
05-22-2019, 11:55 AM
I could see the USL taking over the role of developing domestic players and MLS taking the shackles off and becoming a destination league in the next 10 years.

ag futbol
05-22-2019, 03:15 PM

I think there might be some apples and oranges going on here with these comparisons.

Aren’t Italian salaries quotes on an after tax basis usually? In addition, soft benefits for many of these clubs are significant. Cars, housing allowances, etc. All stuff MLS does not offer.

stegosaurus
05-22-2019, 07:39 PM
Telfer scores again.

stegosaurus
05-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Someone put together a chart on the subject.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/bs2f7v/big_5_leagues_player_salaries_201819/

OgtheDim
05-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Expect to see a lot of Chapman & Fraser during the Gold Cup - they have basically been held back because they are likely to play here but not with the CANMNT

https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/1131959293631188992

C.Ronaldo
05-24-2019, 01:27 PM

Lets just say he is not "DP" material

I'll see myself out, thanks

Fort York Redcoat
05-25-2019, 07:08 AM
Expect to see a lot of Chapman & Fraser during the Gold Cup - they have basically been held back because they are likely to play here but not with the CANMNT

https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/1131959293631188992

Well fuck that.

I hate these stories. Unless it's coming from Herdman and those two were on the bubble already...then well too bad for them. And too bad that TFC need them so very badly to perform better than they have.

OgtheDim
05-27-2019, 08:01 AM
Anybody else try the "order to your seat" service last night?

paul-collins
05-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Anybody else try the "order to your seat" service last night?
What is this?

OgtheDim
05-27-2019, 09:55 AM
https://ci5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/vs90DjVuHDCEAPX6iZdWlOn5v4_J0-5cmpThTmoA4mb5c2eGGwoHpy_t2glbNsDplyzuEgwklxVIqa_T a_zolHyvupF-F3C9gv_qogGHggwQuYjnKYgD5cFF4iyGPJVSiAMYA_sTaHCOSx 3Tau_xVCRf3gx0tZsAurNEL1Zs2iTUZElUaIHhLnA5sDRGz1Uk DdLgIB4uG4eMwfcs0PlY3rIXdg=s0-d-e1-ft#http://images.fans.mlse.com/EloquaImages/clients/MapleLeafSportsEntertainmentLtd/%7Bd50da7a7-b04d-4292-91da-baf37339ab39%7D_EmailHeader_red.png

FWIW I checked, and it is possible to order in 112 but I presume the quality/speed of service will be different depending upon where & when ordered.

Requires a credit card.

Available 1 hour prior to game start until the 70th minute. The price of alcohol was not more expensive.

I ordered something alcoholic in the 38th minute and got it 4 minutes later - no lineup. Positively civilised.

Wine, if you must know.

paul-collins
05-27-2019, 10:10 AM
Oh I like that

I'll check at the next game to see if it works in 205

Areathrasher
05-28-2019, 05:25 PM
Looks like Robin Fraser is getting the Rapids job

Mark TFC
05-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Looks like Robin Fraser is getting the Rapids job

FFS!

reggie
05-28-2019, 07:01 PM
maybe its time to get a fresh mind on the staff,players tend to tune out coaches after 3 or 4 years

James17930
05-28-2019, 07:29 PM
maybe its time to get a fresh mind on the staff,players tend to tune out coaches after 3 or 4 years

I agree. And it's good for Robin.

Maybe we can find the next Nick Nurse.

OgtheDim
05-28-2019, 07:52 PM
That is a thankless job only just slightly better then him running Chivas. He should have been looked at for a number of positions last summer but wasn't. If he goes I wish all the best for him & he will be their best coach in quite a long time - but that organization is a train wreck.

reggie
06-01-2019, 07:22 PM
bradley and jozy on us squad for weds friendly v JAM and will miss friday s game bull shit

Captain
06-03-2019, 02:30 PM
MLSsoccer.com has an article on players that have been fouled upon the most. Can anyone here find where those stats came from? I'd like to know the numbers on Pozo.

Areathrasher
06-03-2019, 02:48 PM
MLSsoccer.com has an article on players that have been fouled upon the most. Can anyone here find where those stats came from? I'd like to know the numbers on Pozo.

Opta, probably

OgtheDim
06-03-2019, 02:57 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/season?year=2019&group=fouls&sort=desc&order=FS

Pozuelo is way down 2.55 fouls per 90

OgtheDim
06-04-2019, 10:32 AM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1135929900819288066

I thought I saw Fraser passing with both feet - the shots here are not so hard but if he can become more two footed while working beside Poz - 2021 looking even better.

Section_105
06-04-2019, 12:22 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/season?year=2019&group=fouls&sort=desc&order=FS

Pozuelo is way down 2.55 fouls per 90
2.55 fouls called per 90. wonder what the real number is (probably also goes up for the others except the top 4 and a few others that know the art of the foul and the refs buy it) /tinfoilhat

Oldtimer
06-06-2019, 07:39 AM
USMNT fans who like to hate on Bradley and Altidore got to see how their team performs without them yesterday with a 1-0 loss to Jamaica.

Areathrasher
06-06-2019, 07:59 AM
Anybody watch the Yank game last night? How did Omar do?

stegosaurus
06-06-2019, 08:44 AM

As a neutral, they looked pretty bad. It was a friendly, there were a lot of excuses made from the coaching side, but I’d be pretty disappointed to be a USMNT supporter. It’s not their full squad though.

Lovitz made an appearance.

Omar wasn’t looking too great on the speed front, unfortunately. Really, really slow. Worse yet, the large majority of the team was slow and OG was slowest of all.

That said, he was probably the best defender on the field for the States tonight and their problem wasn’t really the defense. He actually played relatively well.

stegosaurus
06-06-2019, 08:50 AM
If the Raps lose I’m blaming Hamilton for wearing a jacket emblazoned with “Warriors” to the Raps game.

Graeme
06-06-2019, 09:07 AM

mlssoccer.com gave him the highest rating of all players (but I didn't watch the game). https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/06/05/usmnt-player-ratings-holmes-gonzalez-stand-out-jamaica-loss

Areathrasher
06-06-2019, 09:12 AM
So along with Roy Halladays son, The Jays also drafted Bradley's cousin yesterday.

OgtheDim
06-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Gonzalez was OK - he was able to pass with either foot effectively well. Thought defence first, which given the group around him was probably a good idea (that would be a good idea with the group that will be around him here too). But, its not like Jamaica was a good team - just the US was not good at all - a true B team, I'd say, which is likely Gonzalez's slot in that USMNT right now - B team CB.

stegosaurus
06-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Gonzalez was OK - he was able to pass with either foot effectively well. Thought defence first, which given the group around him was probably a good idea (that would be a good idea with the group that will be around him here too). But, its not like Jamaica was a good team - just the US was not good at all - a true B team, I'd say, which is likely Gonzalez's slot in that USMNT right now - B team CB.

That’s about the consensus judging by commentary online that isn’t just “why is own goal still here.”

Captain
06-07-2019, 07:46 AM
I listened to Liam Fraser on the latest Come On You Reds podcast. I have to say I was pretty impressed with him. He sounds like a real team player with no arrogance. He was very level headed for a 21 year old.

Interesting to hear that he was called in to the National team but choose to stay with TFC for the minutes. Good choice to get some real minutes rather than sit on the bench with the Nats.

I could see him captaining the national team in the future.

OgtheDim
06-07-2019, 09:34 AM
FWIW....a tweet about the temp field they laid down in Cinci for the USMNT game on the weekend. Apparently they dug up the turf field first - so not a lay on top thing.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/1137002411862777856

Yes...Jozy is likely to play on this.

reggie
06-07-2019, 09:39 AM
im really pissed at jozy for not playing for tfc tonight.the guy misses 10 to 12 games a year gets a new contract and still bails on the team,i lost a lot respect for him.i hope we sell him in the off season.:facepalm:

Section_105
06-07-2019, 09:41 AM
I listened to Liam Fraser on the latest Come On You Reds podcast. I have to say I was pretty impressed with him. He sounds like a real team player with no arrogance. He was very level headed for a 21 year old.

Interesting to hear that he was called in to the National team but choose to stay with TFC for the minutes. Good choice to get some real minutes rather than sit on the bench with the Nats.

I could see him captaining the national team in the future.

For sure. I watched him at a Footy Talks event with KJ/Sharman and the crew (actually can't remember who was there that night beyond Caldwell....beer was good)

impressive mind set. hopefully he can capitalize on his intentions and become our go to Mid boss one day.

Section_105
06-07-2019, 09:51 AM
im really pissed at jozy for not playing for tfc tonight.the guy misses 10 to 12 games a year gets a new contract and still bails on the team,i lost a lot respect for him.i hope we sell him in the off season.:facepalm:

a happy Jozy is a scoring Jozy. Playing for your NAT team is an honour and he for sure wants another shot at going deep/winning silverware with them.

There must be so much going on in that locker room/board room that we don't know about. I totally get your position but I'm personally giving him some slack hoping the whole team gets partly sorted out.

JuliquE
06-07-2019, 01:39 PM
a happy Jozy is a scoring Jozy. Playing for your NAT team is an honour and he for sure wants another shot at going deep/winning silverware with them.

There must be so much going on in that locker room/board room that we don't know about. I totally get your position but I'm personally giving him some slack hoping the whole team gets partly sorted out.
Wanted to say exactly this.

I'll add that it provides a change of scenery, without him having to move on and do well for another club; if he finds his mojo again, to return and start potting them in for us, we'll look back at this moment as a blessing in disguise.

Ultra & Proud
06-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Every good player in the world that has the opportunity to start for his NT would do the same especially after being frozen out for 2 years while in your prime.

Areathrasher
06-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Salaries are out

Jozy's guaranteed up to 6.3MM
Poz on 3.8MM
Auro on 272k
Boyd 212k
DeLeon 175k
Osorio 775k
Mavinga 663k

http://s3.amazonaws.com/mlspa/June-1-2019-Salaries-Alphabetical.pdf?mtime=20190612132231

langilleski
06-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Westberg on 100k is a good bit of business

Shway
06-12-2019, 08:49 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1508fCzkKoCiZCXSSZIlDJEp0H2e-a5vh9Of330zAM7E/edit?usp=sharing

Official link can be found here:
http://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Shway
06-12-2019, 08:57 AM
The disparity between these salaries is so crazy... But without further ado, Eric Zavaleta 275k , and Marky-never-seen-a-pass-backward-he-didnt-like-Delgado 250k need to be traded or waived.

Bono on 350k is another question mark.

Curtis still has a lot of work to do.

Kamp Berg
06-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Personally, I can’t see why Altidore gets payed more than Pozuelo.

DinamoTFC
06-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Can someone explain the difference between Base Salary and Guaranteed salary please.

Guaranteed #s
Zavaleta and Bono don't deserve 300k and 380k.
Auro questionable at 276k.
Ciman at 435k.
Morrow at 330k is lower/or what I expected.
Westberg at 115k and Deleon at 175k and Laryea at 56k are steals.
Pozuelo at 3.8mill.
Jozy at 6.3mill.

Mikmacdo
06-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Ciman not getting tam is good for the team. Westburgs a steal at that price. Bono and zavs have to go. Jozy at 6.1 is kind of ridiculous for a guy who is hurt half the time.

Mikmacdo
06-12-2019, 09:26 AM
Omar browne cost 70k? Why didnt tfc get him ugh

Canuck82
06-12-2019, 09:34 AM
Interesting to see when you look at the top salaries in the league, there are 3 in the top 30 that are being paid by "Major League Soccer" (Giovani dos Sandos $6.5m, Yura Movsisyan $2.3m and Shkelzen Gashi $1.7m).

stegosaurus
06-12-2019, 09:37 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1508fCzkKoCiZCXSSZIlDJEp0H2e-a5vh9Of330zAM7E/edit?usp=sharing

Official link can be found here:
http://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Deleon, Akinola, and Westberg are great pieces of business. With the news coming around about how awful salary figure releases are within teams, I struggle to imagine how much of an ego hit it would be for them when they look at the salaries of our beer-league-tier players, guys who don’t make the bench, or TFC2 alumni.

Boyd on over $200k is a joke, even if it’s not a huge amount of money. He should be on minimum. Bono and Zavaleta certainly need to be moved.

Ciman I’m less concerned about if he ends up performing like he did the last game. Osorio is a big question mark if he doesn’t perform like he did last year. I guess we’ll see after the GC (Mitrita, for example, is on $500k).

Looking at this list, we’re definitely getting fleeced in certain areas compared to other teams in the league.

We once again have the biggest budget, among the fewest players above the max salary charge, and the most players ineligible for TAM.

stegosaurus
06-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Personally, I can’t see why Altidore gets payed more than Pozuelo.

Because he wasn’t going to re-sign for less, and the FO couldn’t risk losing him after losing two of our best players before the season even began.

Kamp Berg
06-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Because he wasn’t going to re-sign for less, and the FO couldn’t risk losing him after losing two of our best players before the season even began.

Sounds like a pretty hasty piece of business. That sort of business move often comes back to bite people in the ass. Let’s hope this isn’t one of those times.

stegosaurus
06-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Sounds like a pretty hasty piece of business. That sort of business move often comes back to bite people in the ass. Let’s hope this isn’t one of those times.

The only issue with him making this much is that no one else will pay him that if we need to get rid of him. Otherwise it doesn’t matter what you pay, I guess.

The funniest revelation is that Zlatan = Houston, despite them being back just 4 points from LAG.

stegosaurus
06-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Also of note: Auro and Beita on fairly similar salaries despite a big discrepancy in performance.