PDA

View Full Version : TFC @ Club Atletico Independiente, CCL, Feb 19, 2019 match thread

Pages : [1] 2

Oldtimer
12-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Can they bring home the CCL title?

Voodooman
12-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Can never start too early eh?

I think we should be fine this round.

paul-collins
12-20-2018, 02:36 PM
https://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/toronto/m5g/february-weather/55488?monyr=2/1/2019&view=table

High of 1, low of -13, clouds and sun

:D

PizzaEatingYeti
12-20-2018, 02:40 PM
Is this the earliest ever begun match thread in the history of TFC?

:scarf: :flare: :drum: :canada: :tfc:

:lurk5:

Oldtimer
12-20-2018, 02:54 PM
For road warriors, Aero Mexico is offering flights for $454 return to Panama City. The stadium is located an hour by taxi from the airport.

OgtheDim
12-20-2018, 11:13 PM

I think Independiente might struggle to do that.

ensco
12-21-2018, 08:07 AM
This team is full of expensive Argentines!

(oh wait, wrong Club Atlético Independiente...
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ca-independiente-de-avellaneda/startseite/verein/1234)

Defoe
01-08-2019, 02:05 AM
I still think Seba, Jozy, Bradley, Vazquez and to a lesser extent Mavinga, Osorio and Ciman are on par with the top talent in North America. The Giovinco factor is huge, we can't forget it. TFC, Atlanta and Tigres have to be in the top 5 teams right now to win it. My one concern is this team is not as dominant without Vazquez healthy

beaver76
01-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Anyone heading to Panama for the game? Is there another thread for that?

Redpunkfiddle
01-08-2019, 11:26 AM

There is an away travel thread for RPB members. If you want to mention what you are doing here people can comment in this thread.

beaver76
01-08-2019, 04:55 PM
No specific plans yet. Someone at MLSE gave me an email of someone from CAI that I can email about getting tickets. Not sure if there's an alternate method or not. I can post my findings here.

TheRenter
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM

I’m booked as of today.. heading to Panama City from Feb 18 - 25

TheRenter
01-08-2019, 05:40 PM
No specific plans yet. Someone at MLSE gave me an email of someone from CAI that I can email about getting tickets. Not sure if there's an alternate method or not. I can post my findings here.

That would be greatly appreciated.. much thanks!

beaver76
01-10-2019, 11:04 AM

They said they are planning to start ticket sales on January 18th, no further details at this point. They also asked how many are planning on coming, so let me know how many are in your groups and I can along that info.

TheRenter
01-10-2019, 04:59 PM
They said they are planning to start ticket sales on January 18th, no further details at this point. They also asked how many are planning on coming, so let me know how many are in your groups and I can along that info.

On my end I'd be looking at 2 tickets as it would be my friend and I. He's living in Panama right now about 7 hours away from Panama City. He's spoken with the front office there and is still waiting on a definitive reply.

Looks like you've got the jump, but I will pass along any further info just the same.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

TheRenter
01-10-2019, 05:01 PM
Anyone else planning on being there for this one?!

Joe Kool
01-11-2019, 12:38 AM
So going by Vanney's latest update regarding Altidore "“My understanding is he's starting to run now, do some of the physical stuff; not playing yet,” said Vanney. “It'll be a progression through preseason to get him doing all the things he needs to do to be competitively ready. And then it will be a match fitness thing. Hope is, in the first week to couple weeks of the season, he'll be ready to go.”"

A couple weeks into the regular season means that should we make it that far we won't have Altidore probably until the semi-finals series which would mean missing this series and the quarterfinals....again, if we make it that far. I really thought he would have been further along than that in his recovery. Would have been nice to have the full first choice lineup healthy at the start of the season and the CCL.

RicoSuave44
01-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone. I've booked my flights to Panama City. We'll be arriving Sunday Feb 17 midday. Will probably stay in the city for 3 nights, likely at the Eurostars Hotel. (4⭐/$77 per night) I'm Interested in doing old town tours (Casco Viejo) and Canal Museum and the like.
Wednesday morning we're probably heading to another area of the country for more tropical beach vibes.
The flights and hotel were quite affordable in the end. About $735 per person, not including our second trip.
Hope this post inspires a few more of you to join in. Let me know if you need any help finding flights or hotels.
#panamaawayloveit (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/panamaawayloveit?hc_location=ufi)!

Captain
01-18-2019, 11:50 AM
Are tickets for the Feb 26th game included in our season tickets?

OgtheDim
01-18-2019, 11:55 AM

Yes this game is included - email today about extra tickets confirmed that.

DinamoTFC
01-18-2019, 11:55 AM

Yes,I believe only this match is included.

paul-collins
01-18-2019, 12:44 PM
20 matches included, page specifically says 2 V-Cup and 1 CCL. Last year it was 1 of each plus a floater. So I assume they'll charge more for CCL than V-Cup...

Cas87
01-18-2019, 01:29 PM
20 matches included, page specifically says 2 V-Cup and 1 CCL. Last year it was 1 of each plus a floater. So I assume they'll charge more for CCL than V-Cup...

Yeah they don't want to have a >10,000 attendance for the Canadian Final again so both CanChamp games are included this year.
We would have to pay for 3 rounds of the CCL should we go all the way again.

RicoSuave44
01-18-2019, 03:03 PM
Anyone hear anything about tickets being released today for the match in Panama?

TheRenter
01-19-2019, 12:26 AM
Anyone hear anything about tickets being released today for the match in Panama?

This...

RicoSuave44
01-21-2019, 03:55 PM
There is an away travel thread for RPB members. If you want to mention what you are doing here people can comment in this thread.

Pardon where is this thread? Can't find it.

Anyone heard any news about tickets? I'm starting to get a little antsy. I've tried calling TFC and they were clueless. CAI hasn't responded to my email. Can anyone help?

Oldtimer
01-21-2019, 08:05 PM

Anyone heard any news about tickets? I'm starting to get a little antsy. I've tried calling TFC and they were clueless. CAI hasn't responded to my email. Can anyone help?

You can't find it because you are not a member of the Red Patch Boys, and it's in the section for members only. To join, you need to pay membership dues ($25 has been the cost the last several years) and go through a brief interview process to see if you agree with our aims and our charter. Information is here, probably will be updated soon for 2019: http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/

Member dues pay for this message board and for our TIFOs and other displays. We organize group away trips open to members only.

JT Red127
01-22-2019, 08:52 AM

I say its a safe bet that you'll be good if you show up and get a ticket there.

Initial B
01-24-2019, 01:31 PM
After the events of this week, I'm thinking "nope". Too much upheaval, chemistry will be out of sorts, and they're missing key players from last year's CCL squad. They'll get past Independiente, but I think Toluca will put them to the sword.

beaver76
01-25-2019, 09:29 AM
My contact at CAI gave me this: https://ventas.ticketplus.com.pa/eventperformances.asp?evt=1181
(https://ventas.ticketplus.com.pa/eventperformances.asp?evt=1181)
Not on sale yet but seems like the right place.

RicoSuave44
01-29-2019, 05:33 AM
Well, since I was living overseas away for many years, I discontinued my season tix and RPB membership dues. Since I came back 2 years ago I've been working nights and weekends so it didn't make sense to rejoin.
Now I'm ready to travel again, but I still work weekends, so this will be a rare treat for me to do this Panama thing. I'm happy to pay the RPB fee and get back into the fold, even if it means for only this trip. But I've already booked my flights and hotels, so if any of you are actually coming it'll be interesting to see if we can actually meet up.

RicoSuave44
01-29-2019, 05:36 AM
You can't find it because you are not a member of the Red Patch Boys, and it's in the section for members only. To join, you need to pay membership dues ($25 has been the cost the last several years) and go through a brief interview process to see if you agree with our aims and our charter. Information is here, probably will be updated soon for 2019: http://redpatchboys.ca/membership/

Member dues pay for this message board and for our TIFOs and other displays. We organize group away trips open to members only.

Well, since I was living overseas away for many years, I discontinued my season tix and RPB membership dues. Since I came back 2 years ago I've been working nights and weekends so it didn't make sense to rejoin.
Now I'm ready to travel again, but I still work weekends, so this will be a rare treat for me to do this Panama thing. I'm happy to pay the RPB fee and get back into the fold, even if it means for only this trip. But I've already booked my flights and hotels, so if any of you are actually coming it'll be interesting to see if we can actually meet up.

TheRenter
01-29-2019, 12:25 PM

Flight and hotel booked as well; 18 - 25. I am looking to attend the match with my friend from Toronto who now lives there. I'm happy to contribute as well and hope that we can organize a group for those attending. My friend is actively searching there for tickets but much of the information he's received is the same. I will update with any changes.

John

TheRenter
02-02-2019, 12:30 PM
Just got word that tickets are now on sale...

Right now we’re not sure about away seating, so if anyone knows or has an idea of where within the stadium we should be purchasing our tickets, please pass it on...

Much thanks,

John

James17930
02-04-2019, 10:26 AM
So Altidore is probably a no go for this game, right?

DinamoTFC
02-04-2019, 10:28 AM

Correct. According to previous quotes by Vanney, he'll be ready by 1st or 2nd week of MLS season.

Red CB Toronto
02-04-2019, 10:29 AM

I would say so based on Greg’s recent comments.

Super
02-04-2019, 10:52 AM

I expect to continue to hear this throughout yet another season as well.

James17930
02-04-2019, 10:54 AM
So who would be striker? Hamilton? Bakero?

I'm thinking we should go a 4-5-1, or even a 5-4-1, and just hope not to concede.

michaeltfc91
02-04-2019, 10:57 AM
So who would be striker? Hamilton? Bakero?

I'm thinking we should go a 4-5-1, or even a 5-4-1, and just hope not to concede.

This lineup is going to get pretty embarrassing... I can't believe this is out best XI

-------------------Bono
Auro Moor Mavinga Ciman Morrow
---Delgado Bradley Chapman
-----------Osorio Hamilton

TheRenter
02-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Just got off the phone with front office. For those travelling, here's the contact for tickets:

Mariela
administration@caipty.com (administration@caipty.com)

If anyone on the board has knowledge, can someone kindly report on what the numbers currently look like for away support travelling to Panama for this one?!

Please and thank you,

John

Initial B
02-04-2019, 07:12 PM
-------------------Bono
Auro Moor Mavinga Ciman Morrow
---Delgado Bradley Chapman
-----------Osorio Hamilton
I think Osorio takes Chapman's spot and Boyd would take Osorio's spot at Fwd.

Kaz
02-07-2019, 11:43 AM
I hate to say this but I don't expect Toronto in the shape it is now to make it past this round. They should. They had better. I just don't expect it.

If they do and it isn't at least a 4 goal difference or a 2 goal difference without a goal against. I don't have high hopes for the next round.

Section_105
02-07-2019, 04:22 PM
I hate to say this but I don't expect Toronto in the shape it is now to make it past this round. They should. They had better. I just don't expect it.

If they do and it isn't at least a 4 goal difference or a 2 goal difference without a goal against. I don't have high hopes for the next round.

will be interesting for sure. Kristian jack ran some numbers and without Seba on the field we didn't score much. will be interesting to see where/if the goals come from.

Such a strange pre-season. I'm sure the Panamaniacs will be geared up for this game. Not sure how geared up our lads will be. It would be nice to get some content out of the pre-season training and games but there is nothing. Did they fire that Eric Giocometti guy? that was his job I think.

James17930
02-07-2019, 07:19 PM
I think Osorio takes Chapman's spot and Boyd would take Osorio's spot at Fwd.

I've been thinking ... maybe Oso is the new VV. Maybe he's learned enough and is mature enough now to just sort of sit in that spot and spray passes around, but then get forward in good situations. Sort of like a combo of how he was last year and how he used to be a couple of years ago.

Could he be a total replacement for VV? It's an interesting thought.

Auzzy
02-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Just to temper our expectations a bit more:

The one article in today's News thread mentions that Osorio only started training this Tuesday, after his sports hernia operation last fall.

Also today's Toronto Sun article states that Terrence Boyd is not in full training yet, after arriving with the team.

Our first game is in nine days, in Panama, with a long flight before & after, and probably not the best surface. It remains to be seen, which players make that trip, and which players can start or play a full ninety.

A week later they're at BMO Field, the weather will probably be crappy, so again the availability or minutes of any players that aren't fully fit may be limited.

Auzzy
02-07-2019, 08:41 PM
As mentioned above by ensco, the thread title is confusing. Club Atletico Independiente is generally considered to be the Argentinian team.

The guys we are playing are generally called Independiente F.C. or CAI for short; full name Club Atletico Independiente de la Chorrera.

James17930
02-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Just to temper our expectations a bit more:

The one article in today's News thread mentions that Osorio only started training this Tuesday, after his sports hernia operation last fall.

Also today's Toronto Sun article states that Terrence Boyd is not in full training yet, after arriving with the team.

Our first game is in nine days, in Panama, with a long flight before & after, and probably not the best surface. It remains to be seen, which players make that trip, and which players can start or play a full ninety.

A week later they're at BMO Field, the weather will probably be crappy, so again the availability or minutes of any players that aren't fully fit may be limited.

But Boyd has been playing all season in Germany so far, right? I expect him to be ready to go.

Auzzy
02-07-2019, 11:40 PM
But Boyd has been playing all season in Germany so far, right? I expect him to be ready to go.

Fingers crossed... It just worried me a bit when Vanney said he's not yet in full training.

I checked the Darmstadt lineups for this season (since August). Boyd hasn't been in the Darmstadt lineup at all since the start of 2019. Before that he would have been training at least. He was mostly a late-game sub, or unused sub, in the games during this season.

Auzzy
02-07-2019, 11:54 PM
More info about Boyd's training status, and input from Bradley on Boyd... Sounds fine:

https://nationalpost.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/newest-member-of-tfc-ready-to-hit-the-pitch/

James17930
02-08-2019, 02:05 AM
More info about Boyd's training status, and input from Bradley on Boyd... Sounds fine:

https://nationalpost.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/newest-member-of-tfc-ready-to-hit-the-pitch/

Yeah, I say he plays on the 19th.

OgtheDim
02-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Unlike us with Bradley & Delgado, Independiente held back its national team members from the recent training camp. They are taking this one seriously.

Given our current lack of proven offensive weapons (no Jozy, Osorio just coming back), I would call us underdogs for this game - an away goal 2-1 loss would be a good result.

The meltdown in here is going to be epic. Expectations are waaaay too high both within the league and the TFC fanbase. IF the defence can settle, we should be good enough to get back home with a fighting chance. But I think we are as likely to bow out at this stage as move on.

Hamilton_Red
02-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Surely we will have a signing in the next couple of days. They have had weeks for VV now...

Luanda
02-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Surely, Vanney will be trimming his roster in the very near future: like just before or right after tomorrow night's pre-season game.
Any idea where the first team goes after that game?

James17930
02-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Surely, Vanney will be trimming his roster in the very near future: like just before or right after tomorrow night's pre-season game.
Any idea where the first team goes after that game?

They'll probably be back in Toronto until they need to head down to Panama.

ensco
02-11-2019, 09:44 PM
So I guess we are looking at something like:

—————————-Boyd—————————-——
————-Deleon——-Osorio——-Chapman——
————Bradley——————-Delgado————-—
———Morrow—-Ciman—-Mavinga——Auro

I suppose Hamilton might start instead of Boyd. No idea really on that.

Your best XI might include Moor over Chapman and you could that in a 3-5-2 but then Oso would be playing striker

James17930
02-12-2019, 12:37 AM
I'm thinking:

----------------Boyd---------------
Morrow-----Osorio----------Auro
--------Bradley-----Delgado-------
Mavinga----Ciman----Moor---Deleon
---------------Bono--------------

EDIT:

Just remembered that Oso might not be ready for this game after his off-season surgery, so maybe slide Chapman into his spot.

zorsofstesab
02-12-2019, 08:39 AM
Seriously, how is BMO field going to be ready to play on if the temperature remains as is for the next few weeks? I know it is heated but it's going to be a shit show to play on. Remember last year's CCL games? The grass was torn up and eventually replaced, as was planned. Correct me if I am wrong was the grass not replaced after the season ended in 2018? Hybrid grass/turf mixture now? If so, what is plan B if the new grass gets ruined again? Can they play off site if need be?

James17930
02-12-2019, 09:08 AM
Seriously, how is BMO field going to be ready to play on if the temperature remains as is for the next few weeks? I know it is heated but it's going to be a shit show to play on. Remember last year's CCL games? The grass was torn up and eventually replaced, as was planned. Correct me if I am wrong was the grass not replaced after the season ended in 2018? Hybrid grass/turf mixture now? If so, what is plan B if the new grass gets ruined again? Can they play off site if need be?

It's been replaced but not hybridized yet (that will happen in the spring).

It's been under the tarp all winter with the lights, so hopefully it will be be okay.

JonO
02-12-2019, 09:36 AM
No idea how they are going to pull this off. With the number of people likely to show up, they should just play in the bubble at Downsview g:D

stevep
02-12-2019, 11:49 AM
I've been thinking ... maybe Oso is the new VV. Maybe he's learned enough and is mature enough now to just sort of sit in that spot and spray passes around, but then get forward in good situations. Sort of like a combo of how he was last year and how he used to be a couple of years ago.

Could he be a total replacement for VV? It's an interesting thought.

never thought about this, very interesting

DinamoTFC
02-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Oso doesnt have the vision for an AM. He's a solid box to box midfielder with late runs.

Stress
02-13-2019, 12:28 PM
Forgive me if I overlooked it on previous pages but is this game being broadcast at all? Concacaf stream? Anything.

OgtheDim
02-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Forgive me if I overlooked it on previous pages but is this game being broadcast at all? Concacaf stream? Anything.

TSN4 8 pm

Stress
02-13-2019, 01:12 PM
TSN4 8 pm

Thank you kind sir!

Greatest Ripoff
02-13-2019, 05:54 PM
Anyone remember that site that streamed these last year and you could watch them on demand?

Joe Kool
02-16-2019, 02:38 AM
Anyone remember that site that streamed these last year and you could watch them on demand?

It was on go90.com but that has since gone under and doesn't exist anymore. This year it is being broadcast on Yahoo Sports. I have never watched anything on Yahoo Sports so not sure how that is and if there is any on demand function. Also, needed a VPN last year to get the stream to work too. Not sure if the same for this as well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/concacaf-champions-league/

Redpunkfiddle
02-16-2019, 03:03 AM
It was on go90.com but that has since gone under and doesn't exist anymore. This year it is being broadcast on Yahoo Sports. I have never watched anything on Yahoo Sports so not sure how that is and if there is any on demand function. Also, needed a VPN last year to get the stream to work too. Not sure if the same for this as well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/concacaf-champions-league/

Conxacafgo.com will have it

Defoe
02-16-2019, 06:04 PM
The best thing I can say about this match, is at least we will have an MLS 2.0 lineup not a TFC 2012 MLS 1.0 line up, lol.

Gringo Starr
02-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Its Sunday which means its game week, first one of the year! Come on you Reds!

motorheadfc
02-17-2019, 11:01 AM
really looking forward to getting the season going and actually having a product on the field to judge rather than questioning and overthinking the rumour mill that has been in full operation this off season. each year there is a bit more excitement over the ccl, lots of sport minded folks i talk to are talking about ccl. ppl are paying more attention to what tfc is doing(or not doing) the average sport fan took notice last year after that amazing match in Guadalajara. i predict a nil - nil in leg one as we have a strong defensive line up. we may catch a break with an oso goal or a set piece but double zeros wont be the worst either.

OgtheDim
02-17-2019, 02:58 PM
Team flew out today.

Fort York Redcoat
02-17-2019, 03:17 PM
really looking forward to getting the season going and actually having a product on the field to judge rather than questioning and overthinking the rumour mill that has been in full operation this off season. each year there is a bit more excitement over the ccl, lots of sport minded folks i talk to are talking about ccl. ppl are paying more attention to what tfc is doing(or not doing) the average sport fan took notice last year after that amazing match in Guadalajara. i predict a nil - nil in leg one as we have a strong defensive line up. we may catch a break with an oso goal or a set piece but double zeros wont be the worst either.

I'd say the reverse. Win away in the sun. The home league will be slow as hell. Bunker down in the Bunker.

Cannot fn wait!

Looks like Indipendiente is having a great start to their regular season. 3-1-0 no losses. Second in their table.

http://lpf.com.pa/

Luanda
02-17-2019, 05:14 PM
TSN 4 is showing as carrying the game.

8:00 PM
2019 CONCACAF Champions League: Independiente FC vs. Toronto FC - Leg #1

Hamilton_Red
02-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Team flew out today.

Any word on who travelled?

TFC1986
02-17-2019, 08:46 PM
TSN will be carrying alot more MLS games this year & even more next year, as they lost the rights to Premier League,(and Champions League already gone this year)

Red CB Toronto
02-17-2019, 08:55 PM
Team flew out today.

Will be interesting to see if any TFC2/academy kds have made the trek as Vanney suggested?

Joe Kool
02-18-2019, 12:34 AM
I am excited to see TFC’s first match. I find it interesting how little the club has done to get anyone excited about the preseason or the CCL tie starting this week. I went back and looked and only counted 5 preseason updates from TFC. I used to enjoy watching the streams of those preseason games to get me primed. I guess those days are gone. Hope they do well in Panama and everyone gets back safe without any injuries from preseason rust or poor game conditions in Panama.

Auzzy
02-18-2019, 12:47 AM
I am excited to see TFC’s first match. I find it interesting how little the club has done to get anyone excited about the preseason or the CCL tie starting this week. I went back and looked and only counted 5 preseason updates from TFC. I used to enjoy watching the streams of those preseason games to get me primed. I guess those days are gone. Hope they do well in Panama and everyone gets back safe without any injuries from preseason rust or poor game conditions in Panama.

I think they've decided to batten down the hatches, and to wait for some player transactions before making any big announcements. In the meantime, I bet they're having the existing players focus inward & on each other, with an "us against the world" mentality against low expectations from the outside. It's frustrating for the supporters, I agree: I also loved those pre-season matches & updates in previous years. But it's probably the best strategy for now. Perhaps some of the new & returning players can really step up & surprise us in the meantime, like Ciman, Osorio, Delgado, DeLeon, Fraser, Boyd, etc...

ensco
02-18-2019, 08:12 AM
A few tidbits here. I hadn’t realized this game is on plastic. Great.

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/tfc-expecting-a-real-battle-against-panamanian-los-vikingos

Richard
02-18-2019, 10:49 AM
Is Altidore still out with injury?

Hamilton_Red
02-18-2019, 11:00 AM
I think they've decided to batten down the hatches, and to wait for some player transactions before making any big announcements. In the meantime, I bet they're having the existing players focus inward & on each other, with an "us against the world" mentality against low expectations from the outside. It's frustrating for the supporters, I agree: I also loved those pre-season matches & updates in previous years. But it's probably the best strategy for now. Perhaps some of the new & returning players can really step up & surprise us in the meantime, like Ciman, Osorio, Delgado, DeLeon, Fraser, Boyd, etc...

I'm worried that they are really thinking that the season begins in late March and that Panama tie and the Chicago games are the formal pre-season.

Auzzy
02-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Is Altidore still out with injury?

On Feb 9th, they said he's about two weeks away from participating in full workouts. At one point they said they expect him to be able to play by the MLS season opener; maybe even a sub appearance on the Feb. 26th CCL return leg, but I think that's doubtful considering the weather. It will all depend on how Altidore reacts to heavier training.

Hamilton_Red
02-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Journalists seem asleep at the wheel. We should at least know who didn’t travel!

reggie
02-18-2019, 12:32 PM
looks like dorsey and shattenburg made the trip ,what ever that means.

fil
02-18-2019, 02:22 PM
Interesting preview...

https://sportspodcastingnetwork.com/2019/02/18/soccer-today-on-spn-february-18th-2019-ccl-independiente-vs-tfc-with-david-sakata/

GuelphStorm2007
02-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Very curious how they will look to open up this season

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2019, 03:54 PM
looks like dorsey and shattenburg made the trip ,what ever that means.

I would would fully expect Dorsey to make the trip as he is a first team player. Vanney has mentioned Shattenburg being a possibility for the match. Now if you watch the TFC Ingram story currently up, there is a player I don't recognize right at the start sitting bedside a standing CPS.

OgtheDim
02-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Video out today from Panama - only player expected I don't see is Mavinga.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1097534208044601345

Red CB Toronto
02-18-2019, 05:44 PM
Video out today from Panama - only player expected I don't see is Mavinga.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1097534208044601345

Saw him in another video, still don't know who that is right at the start of the video on Ingtrgram. Anyone have a clue. Figure it's a TFC2 callup. Has anyone heard about any of the other draft picks, are they destined for TFC2 USL deals. I wonder if Ritchie Lariyia is still in the mix?

Ossington Mental Youth
02-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Fingers crossed... It just worried me a bit when Vanney said he's not yet in full training.

I checked the Darmstadt lineups for this season (since August). Boyd hasn't been in the Darmstadt lineup at all since the start of 2019. Before that he would have been training at least. He was mostly a late-game sub, or unused sub, in the games during this season.

if im not mistaken he was fit but not being called up

Oldtimer
02-18-2019, 07:10 PM
Molinaro preview:
https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-kicks-off-champions-league-campaign-road-test-panama/

Gringo Starr
02-18-2019, 08:37 PM
Wonder if Oso can go a full 90

Guessing we go 4-2-3-1

jazzy
02-18-2019, 10:57 PM
The positive that may come out of this season I believe , is that Osorio is going to do his damnedest, to carry this team , in this series especially. An impossible task but , a credit to him . He’s exceeded my expectations.

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 06:19 AM
FINALLY- Game Day :scarf:

Captain
02-19-2019, 08:54 AM
First time I'm not so excited for the first game of the year. Optimism is low.

gmacpheetfc
02-19-2019, 08:57 AM
Is Jozy Altidore the most influential player in the tournament?

Gazza
02-19-2019, 10:47 AM
I've been out of the loop for quite some time. What's the projected lineup for tonight?

daner90
02-19-2019, 11:13 AM
So happy it is finally game day!

TheGoodson
02-19-2019, 11:18 AM
It’s game day!!

tfc with the 4-1 win tonight

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 11:20 AM
Is Jozy Altidore the most influential player in the tournament?

He's not playing, at least not tonight. Might get a short shift during the return leg next week, depending how his recovery goes.

gmacpheetfc
02-19-2019, 11:47 AM
but is he?

KingLedley
02-19-2019, 12:11 PM
Maybe TSN4 will have an alternate Spanish commentary with these guys.
https://youtu.be/1I3nok2-13g?t=34

RicoSuave44
02-19-2019, 12:29 PM
Any word where supporters are meeting before the match in Panama?

Hamilton_Red
02-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Gameday - finally. Long and miserable off-season. Time for the rubber to meet the road COYBIR

James17930
02-19-2019, 02:04 PM
It’s game day!!

tfc with the 4-1 win tonight

4-1 might be a bit optimistic, but imagine if they do win ... all the naysayers are going to be jumping all over the bandwagon pretty quickly.

I still see a draw as a likely outcome. Something like 1-1, with Boyd scoring this first for the club.

Cas87
02-19-2019, 02:06 PM
4-1 might be a bit optimistic, but imagine if they do win ... all the naysayers are going to be jumping all over the bandwagon pretty quickly.

I still see a draw as a likely outcome. Something like 1-1, with Boyd scoring this first for the club.

i'd push it to 2-1 TFC if there is a good build up and Oso punching one in as well.

Yuushalinsky
02-19-2019, 02:07 PM

Any away goal during this leg would be fantastic. Two would probably be a win in most circumstances.

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 02:26 PM

If they lose, some will say "see management screwed up." And if they win, some will say "see management did everything perfect." If they tie, you might get a bit of both. Sadly I expect either / and / or to continue for a good part of this season, until things really settle down. Making the playoffs, or not, will reignite the same conversation. Buckle up!

kodiakTFC
02-19-2019, 02:26 PM
I've been out of the loop for quite some time. What's the projected lineup for tonight?

Luckkkkkky! All jokes aside.. its going to be a rag tag attack.

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 02:34 PM

Seba didn't make the trip.

Gazza
02-19-2019, 02:40 PM

Who's Seba? I've been comatose since the days of Kevin Harmse.

stegosaurus
02-19-2019, 02:51 PM

He’s flying in from Saudi today to bang in a goal after coming off the bench in the second half.

James17930
02-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Luckkkkkky! All jokes aside.. its going to be a rag tag attack.

Boyd, Oso, Morrow, Auro ... might not be too bad.

Here's the lineup I'm thinking ... 4-3-2-1:

------Boyd------
--Morrow--Auro--
-Delgado-Oso-Bradley-
Mavinga-Ciman-Zavs-DeLeon

TheGoodson
02-19-2019, 03:21 PM

we are playing a team from Panama, not Tigres, America or any other team from Mexico. TFC’s budget is probably at least 5 times if not more then theirs. IMO we should beat them handily

ManUtd4ever
02-19-2019, 03:26 PM
We're still fielding a lineup that should win tonight. Let's hope the officials don't screw this one up.

Luanda
02-19-2019, 03:56 PM
And, BTW, who are the officials for tonight's game?

PizzaEatingYeti
02-19-2019, 03:58 PM
we are playing a team from Panama, not Tigres, America or any other team from Mexico. TFC’s budget is probably at least 5 times if not more then theirs. IMO we should beat them handily

THIS!

Oldtimer
02-19-2019, 04:00 PM

We should be able to beat them without using any DP/TAM players.

jasper
02-19-2019, 04:00 PM
Saw him in another video, still don't know who that is right at the start of the video on Ingtrgram. Anyone have a clue. Figure it's a TFC2 callup. Has anyone heard about any of the other draft picks, are they destined for TFC2 USL deals. I wonder if Ritchie Lariyia is still in the mix?

Pretty sure that's Griffin Dorsey.

Gringo Starr
02-19-2019, 04:15 PM
This day is taking too long, I'm guessing this for tonight?

----------Boyd---------
ShaffleB--Oso--Deleon
---Delgado--Bradley---
Morrow-Mavinga-Ciman-Auro
----------Bono----------

Ossington Mental Youth
02-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Bono
Auro- Ciman - Mavinga- Morrow
Delgado - Osorio - Bradley
Deleon - Boyd - Akinola (maybe Telfer instead)

Luanda
02-19-2019, 04:48 PM
Me thinks more like ----

Bono
Bradley
Delgado - Osorio - Deleon
Boyd - Akinola

Red CB Toronto
02-19-2019, 04:49 PM
Bono

I believe some TFC 2 kids have been added to the roster too for tonight.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-19-2019, 04:57 PM
I believe some TFC 2 kids have been added to the roster too for tonight.

Think theyll go for the experience but not necessary to play

James17930
02-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Think theyll go for the experience but not necessary to play

Yeah, I can't really see any of them starting.

Defoe
02-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Bono

No thanks. I'm hoping there are no surprises of Telfer or Hamilton or Morgan tonight.

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 06:23 PM
Against these guys, playing Akinola is an exercise in blooding a guy who will get minutes. The guy has more Concacaf experience than Hamilton through his U18 time.

MightyDM
02-19-2019, 06:59 PM
No thanks. I'm hoping there are no surprises of Telfer or Hamilton or Morgan tonight.morgan did well when he played in the CCL last year. He’s actually earned a spot.

James17930
02-19-2019, 07:24 PM
Some (big) surprises:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzzrnZqX0Acm22N.jpg:large

Deleon not even on the bench.

Defoe
02-19-2019, 07:24 PM
morgan did well when he played in the CCL last year. He’s actually earned a spot.

It looks like he's starting

Bono
Auro
Ciman
Mavinga
Morgan
Bradley
Delgado
Osorio
Dorsey
Morrow
Boyd

rydermike
02-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Tfc posted lineup on Instagram. Morrow playing forward/wing.
4-5-1 I think or 4-3-3

Bono
Auro
Ciman
Mavinga
Morgan
Bradley
Delgado
Osorio
Dorsey
Morrow
Boyd

Bench Patterson-Sewell, Chapman, Fraser, Campbell, Shaffelburg, Endoh, Akinola

Defoe
02-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Some (big) surprises:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzzrnZqX0Acm22N.jpg:large

I no nothing about Dorsey

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 07:26 PM
Tfc posted lineup on Instagram. Morrow playing forward?

Bono
Auro
Ciman
Mavinga
Morgan
Bradley
Delgado
Osorio
Dorsey
Morrow
Boyd

Bench Patterson-Sewell, Chapman, Fraser, Campbell, Shaffelburg, Endoh, Akinola

I guess Boyd is the lone forward; Morrow & Dorsey playing wings.

Biggest surprise is DeLeon not playing; not even on the bench. Did anyone hear about him? Injured or ill perhaps?

James17930
02-19-2019, 07:27 PM

Me neither. Just that he's the draft pick.

So ... we'll find out soon enough.

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Draft pick - offensive mid

No DeLeon or Zaveletta. 6 defenders on the pitch but no defenders on that bench. 4 mids, 2 forwards & a keeper

Welcome to the new TFC

James17930
02-19-2019, 07:36 PM
Stream:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1120177&lang=en&eid=767227&lid=1120177&ci=248&si=1

gracos
02-19-2019, 07:41 PM
if we dont win this game, we will be in for a long season, dont know whats managements plan going allin on one player and not having a backup plan to be able to get the player fit and accustomed to our team mentality, wish i could say im happy with TFC Office, but that would be a lie

MightyDM
02-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Me neither. Just that he's the draft pick.

So ... we'll find out soon enough.

I heard from an avid follower of Indiana that he was a surprise draft pick and at best is a project. edit: surprise first rounder

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 07:46 PM
Draft pick - offensive mid

No DeLeon or Zaveletta. 6 defenders on the pitch but no defenders on that bench. 4 mids, 2 forwards & a keeper

Welcome to the new TFC

Now that you say it that way, wow...

But who's the 6th defender; I "only" count 5?

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 07:47 PM
Steam:

http://cdn.livetvcdn.net/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1120177&lang=en&eid=767227&lid=1120177&ci=248&si=1

Thanks!

ag futbol
02-19-2019, 07:51 PM
Morrow playing as a wide forward?? Well that’s an black mark on our offseason activity if I ever saw one

sully
02-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Kristian Jack and co are pure cheer leaders. No analysis... what's the quality of the opposition.. they've played a few games..whatever

oldtraffordPEI
02-19-2019, 08:03 PM
Great interview with Bradley and KJ in the pregame. Noticed how Bradley says they will miss Seba and VV, but doesnt mention VdW haha

Bradley is awesome. A true captain. Always says and does the right things.

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 08:05 PM
Now that you say it that way, wow...

But who's the 6th defender; I "only" count 5?

Yah...sorry. 5

Red CB Toronto
02-19-2019, 08:09 PM
Looki forward to maybe seeing Dante Campbell maybe taking the pitch tonight, it will be interesting to see what the kids can do if he does get the opportunity.

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:09 PM
I guess DeLeon & Moor are injured, yikes... Glad we had a longer off-season to get ready & get healthy. :D

Edit: Zavaleta also injured? :rolleyes5:

TFC1986
02-19-2019, 08:11 PM
Great interview with Bradley and KJ in the pregame. Noticed how Bradley says they will miss Seba and VV, but doesnt mention VdW haha

Bradley is awesome. A true captain. Always says and does the right things.
I enjoyed the interview as well.
I think no mention of VDW, because technically he's still ours on paper.
As for renewal, his will come down probably at next transfer window. Wonder how much of a pay cut he's willing to take.

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:15 PM
Fuad Ibrahim mentioned in the broadcast, those were the days!

rydermike
02-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Going to be some confusion watching this season with Ciman and Bradley both with bald heads

Gringo Starr
02-19-2019, 08:19 PM
The kits look good on tv

James17930
02-19-2019, 08:21 PM
Anyone have an HD stream?

The one I found isn't great.

Webdogg
02-19-2019, 08:21 PM
I guess Boyd is the lone forward; Morrow & Dorsey playing wings.

Biggest surprise is DeLeon not playing; not even on the bench. Did anyone hear about him? Injured or ill perhaps?

Back injury

Red CB Toronto
02-19-2019, 08:23 PM
What a mess.

RedsYNWA
& it begins :drinking:

rydermike
This season is off to a great start. Ugh. So much for thinking Panama would be an easy first round

James17930
02-19-2019, 08:24 PM
& it begins :drinking:

It's only 9 am here but I think I might join you in a beer.

ag futbol
02-19-2019, 08:24 PM
Nice take but defending wtf?

RedsYNWA
02-19-2019, 08:26 PM
We need that away goal ... Lets see who steps up:scarf:

Kaz
02-19-2019, 08:26 PM
And that is how I expected it to go. Same exact defensive issues I'd be surprised if there isn't a second before the 15th.

At least I can go do other things then pay attention to this

RedsYNWA
02-19-2019, 08:27 PM
I'll take a 1-1 scoreline back to -4 BMO

Canary10
02-19-2019, 08:28 PM
We look horrible. Maybe we’re just a bad team?

SoccMan2
02-19-2019, 08:28 PM
Lol haha embarrassing, buy some fucken players !!!

gracos
02-19-2019, 08:29 PM
our team is going to struggle this year, it wont be pretty

James17930
02-19-2019, 08:31 PM
I'll take a 1-1 scoreline back to -4 BMO

Yes. Be positive.

RedsYNWA
02-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Meh I'm not worried ... Indepediente is a shit team away from home we should win by 3+at home ...always hard to play on a carpet in heat unless you lean that way

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:32 PM
The ball bounces like crazy on this pitch.

portu
02-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Marky Delgado feeling confident. Our new #8

rydermike
02-19-2019, 08:35 PM
Ball moves so slow on this pitch

Yohan
02-19-2019, 08:35 PM
Auro is so clueless defensively

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:37 PM
1 goal against isn't too bad, but TFC need to play much more defensively. Fullbacks have to stay back more. CAI could easily have 3 goals already.

portu
02-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Auro playing like he's been told not to commit to challenges or offensive developments

oldtraffordPEI
02-19-2019, 08:41 PM
our team is going to struggle this year, it wont be pretty

1st match, but yep. We are not a champion calibure team anymore. Going to be a hard pill to swallow.

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:41 PM
TAKE A FKIN SHOT guys!

RedsYNWA
02-19-2019, 08:42 PM
Man I have always been an anti Bradley guy...I eat my words as he is a great leader....BUT SCORE FFS ONCE IN A WHILE

RedsYNWA
02-19-2019, 08:45 PM
1st match, but yep. We are not a champion calibure team anymore. Going to be a hard pill to swallow.

DISAGREE--- Ponzuelo is way better than an aging Gio.... throw in a TAW guy and we are up there in the top 3

Auzzy
I heard about DeLeon's back injury, but can somebody confirm if Zavalata & Moor are both injured?

rydermike
Penalty taker?

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:46 PM
Holy shit brave officiating.

portu
Oh no penalty nightmare reborn

RedsYNWA
At least we don't have Gio to miss the PK's anymore:facepalm:

ag futbol
02-19-2019, 08:47 PM
Spacing in the midfield looks roundly awful. There’s acres of room between Bradley + backline and everyone else.

Who ever taught Boyd to take a penalty like that? Terrible.

rydermike
Why Boyd? Usually the newbie never takes it

Auzzy
Holy shit....

portu
Oh no penalty nightmare reborn

Holy shit called it

gracos
02-19-2019, 08:48 PM
that shot sums up our upcoming season

rydermike
Sign Pozuelo to take PKs

SoccMan2
Lol this is getting way too funny haha!!

wynne
I heard about DeLeon's back injury, but can somebody confirm if Zavalata & Moor are both injured?
They said Zav has a minor quad problem and they are easing Moor back still

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't Ciman be a reliable penalty taker?

oldtraffordPEI
02-19-2019, 08:49 PM
DISAGREE--- Ponzuelo is way better than an aging Gio.... throw in a TAW guy and we are up there in the top 3

He may very well be better, and we may still improve. I'm more or less talking about the current team we have though, not the team we might have.

portu
02-19-2019, 08:50 PM
I'm less upset and more amused at this performance. Maybe I like to watch the world burn.

Richard
Good lord what a start. :facepalm:

Auzzy
They said Zav has a minor quad problem and they are easing Moor back still

Thanks!

RedsYNWA
Gio would have missed that as well...:hump:bottom left

gracos
02-19-2019, 08:51 PM
I agree until they are signed with the club we cannot suppose what we have, the current team is just not good enough considering we had 4 months approx to make the needed signings or scouting for fillins, the contract extensions have to addressed during the season and not postseason, just dont understand anything management has been up to

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 08:52 PM
Why is Vanney wearing the CAI team colours...?

rocktml
02-19-2019, 08:52 PM
Why isn’t Endoh starting instead of Dorsey??

rydermike
02-19-2019, 08:54 PM
Auro looks chunkier to me than what I remember.

jazzy
02-19-2019, 08:54 PM
The quality of this game is beyond , poor , both sides .......ref included . I hate being negative but the depths that we could drop is depressing . It may be more than a year . What hurts is the loss of respect from most mls teams . I actually thought we were good enough to organize and control this match . Manning (and his boss especially) through to Vanney will not change this course . Apologies .

MightyDM
02-19-2019, 09:00 PM
Why isn’t Endoh starting instead of Dorsey??

I think we will see him at the half. Dorsey didn't close his man down on the goal

rocktml
02-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Brutal crosses from Morgan. Just horrible! I’ve always said this about hime no soccer skill at all

ag futbol
02-19-2019, 09:02 PM
What a depressing lack of quality from TFC. I pray everyone we have now and sign stays healthy. One key injury and this group looks to be toast.

Amir.
02-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Pull off morgan..put morrow at the back and bring an offensive player

TheSloanRanger
Our bald guys have been quite poor.
Our guys with hair have been below average.

Jerseys look nice though...

jasper
Get Dorsey off the pitch ASAP. Looks totally apathetic.

Canary10
02-19-2019, 09:05 PM
Lots of rust there obviously. But this team looks like it needs four or five players.

Gringo Starr
Either ciman or Bradley need to grow out their hair, too hard to tell them apart

Richard
I am getting PTSD and cold sweats from watching this. The nightmare of playing shit football against shit central American clubs is real.

Initial B
02-19-2019, 09:06 PM
My first half observations:

Nobody wants to shoot.
Boyd is definitely a backup.

Thomas
02-19-2019, 09:08 PM
We are rusty, but I am actually OK with our performance thus far. Considering that this is our 1st real game this season, versus the Panamanians.....and not having VVW, Gio, Jozy, Victor.

69Chevy396
At least we don't have Gio to miss the PK's anymore:facepalm:
Really? How often are you going to repeat this?

Defoe
Get Dorsey off the pitch ASAP. Looks totally apathetic.
You mean composed? I actually thought Dorsey was pretty good.

Boyd on the other hand, yikes. MLS 1.0 player. Ugh.

rydermike
02-19-2019, 09:10 PM
Aketxe would be good here. He was lazy at times, but he could just randomly turn and shoot. Do we have a single shot?

Oldtimer
The long off season is showing, team is very rusty (although improved slightly through the first half). Communication and positioning not very good. Independiente are already into their season and it shows.

Boyd does not impress.

We need a few pieces, including Jozy back.

Ref is pretty good for CONCACAF.

The stadium is far from intimidating. Atmosphere only slightly better than a kids rep soccer game.

OgtheDim
Brutal crosses from Morgan. Just horrible! I’ve always said this about hime no soccer skill at all

That's actually Morrow over there.

Yeah, pre-season form team plays in heat on a slow turf against speedy in form team. Missed penalty (Frankly, I look at TFC penalties now as like an open shot on goal - I don't count on them going in). Seen this all before.

Positives are Mavinga & Osorio. Auro needs support defensively and he's not getting it from Dorsey, who looks like the 19 year old naive player we should expect. I agree with Endoh on the right please. He can at least cross the ball. Caldwell with a good point about Boyd needing service in the air. I think Boyd is going to be OK in MLS as a backup. He's running around a lot but he's not a dribbler - he's a classic target man & the guys just are not used to him. I give him a half a season to see what he can do.

Just don't let them score another or if they do, score one.

69Chevy396
That was a horrible first half.

Gringo Starr
02-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Defensively Auro looks like a big liability.

Defoe
02-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Aketxe would be good here. He was lazy at times, but he could just randomly turn and shoot. Do we have a single shot?

Yes.

Our possession is actually pretty good. 67.5 % for TFC. We're missing that clinical player in the final third which we new was the concern.

69Chevy396
02-19-2019, 09:13 PM
That's actually Morrow over there.

Yeah, pre-season form team plays in heat on a slow turf against speedy in form team. Missed penalty (Frankly, I look at TFC penalties now as like an open shot on goal - I don't count on them going in). Seen this all before.

Positives are Mavinga & Osorio. Auro needs support defensively and he's not getting it from Dorsey, who looks like the 19 year old naive player we should expect. I agree with Endoh on the right please. He can at least cross the ball. Caldwell with a good point about Boyd needing service in the air.

Just don't let them score another or if they do, score one.
Actually, Mavinga looked weak on that goal.

Auzzy
02-19-2019, 09:14 PM
I've seen it in other seasons under Vanney: Mistakes are made, and they don't learn from them, instead they repeat them.

The pitch sucks: you can't make tight passes especially in dangerous areas. I've seen multiple dangerous, almost blind passes made by TFC players across the top of our penalty area.

And up front, we're attempting tight passes in congested areas. It's not going to work. Need to take some long shots.

Do we have anybody​ on this roster who can put the ball on net from outside of the penalty area?

jloome
02-19-2019, 09:15 PM

Aketxe was never good anywhere. He stunk every time he set foot on the pitch.

PizzaEatingYeti
02-19-2019, 09:16 PM
Our bald guys have been quite poor.
Our guys with hair have been below average.

Jerseys look nice though...

Greatest recap of this first half, lol...

OgtheDim
02-19-2019, 09:18 PM
Actually, Mavinga looked weak on that goal.

He was covering the one guy & Ciman lost the other (watch for that this season - it was a recurring theme with LAFC last year but the hope is Mavinga & him would position better). Mavinga had to slide over.

Initial B
02-19-2019, 09:18 PM
Whelp. Good night. I'm just going to wait to watch the highlights now.

jloome
02-19-2019, 09:19 PM
We should sign that fucking guy.

portu
02-19-2019, 09:20 PM
That was insulting.

portu
02-19-2019, 09:20 PM
We should sign that fucking guy.

For real. I'm not even kidding.

SoccMan2
02-19-2019, 09:21 PM
Haha it’s over before it started what a fucken joke they are losing to the equivalent of a League 1 Ontario side !!

TFC1986
Haha, ohh shit. That is Ciman. Few times I thought it was Bradley

rydermike
Aketxe was never good anywhere. He stunk every time he set foot on the pitch.

oh he was terrible, but he had two random dangerous shots that I remember. Given our players are giving us nothing, I would take a random Aketxe shot

jloome
02-19-2019, 09:22 PM
We continue to overcomplicate football.

Last season was an exercise in watching us try to do everything but shoot the ball or release a through ball. Is that going to repeat this season?

Gringo Starr
WTF!

Auzzy
LOLwut...

jloome
02-19-2019, 09:23 PM
This is genuinely embarrassing. We're playing a USL level club and getting destroyed.

Amir.
The players are just not ready for competition

rydermike
Time to offer $20 million for Porzuelo before he watches this game and changes his mind

portu
Okay. Now I feel like shit.

OgtheDim
And the defence of every season but 2016 and 2017 has now returned.

Detroit_TFC
What a shit show.

James17930
Well, there goes my optimism.

Goodnight everybody.

rocktml
I don’t know what we all expected here.

RedsYNWA
02-19-2019, 09:24 PM
DUDE Gio was a good player but when it came to spot kicks look it up... the guy was an epic fail

PizzaEatingYeti
Really? Really?
Go and hide under a rock TFC!

SHAME!!!!

Thomas
My bad. I take my words back now. Very disappointing.

We are rusty, but I am actually OK with our performance thus far. Considering that this is our 1st real game this season, versus the Panamanians.....and not having VVW, Gio, Jozy, Victor.

Richard
Bez knew what was up and skipped town in a hurry once an opportunity came up.

TFC has regressed to MLS 1.0 era?

oldtraffordPEI
Yeah, PTSD is coming back. We had a good run guys.

69Chevy396
02-19-2019, 09:26 PM
DUDE Gio was a good player but when it came to spot kicks look it up... the guy was an epic fail
Show me the stats

rydermike
02-19-2019, 09:26 PM
Time for these trophies
http://www.daryllaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/participation-trophy-300x295.jpg

gracos
02-19-2019, 09:27 PM
Wow, and the scary thing is we go to support the club even though management decides to avoid putting in a winning team