PDA

View Full Version : Beckham Jerseys For Sale At Bmo!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Call me crazy.....but it just didnt feel right when i walked by the TFC MERCH booth and seen an LA #23 for sale!

I can understand if its in a local sports shop[ in the city...but in our own house?

Im sure at OLD TRAFFORD i could walk into the UNITED SPORTS STORE and pick up a GERRARD jersey ;)

Mabey im looking at anything i can talk shit at the moment...instead of the nightmare at BMO today!

Canadian Blue
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
yes that is bullshit.........only TFC shit in our house

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Today REALLY wasn't our day.

THIS is unacceptable.

For shame MLSE...for shame. I am sure LA doesn't have TFC jerseys on sale at the HDC. Do you really have to be THAT obvious about wanting to make money? Come on Paul!

Batman
08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
probably left from the ASG

Krazy_kid
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Its left over merch from the All Star Game

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2008, 08:52 PM

so?

get the shit out of our stadium.....it looks ridiculious selling it on TFC game days.....ship it to the ACC then!

Krazy_kid
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
How many poeple do you think visit the ACC vs. BMO field ... you have a better chance clearing out beckham merch at BMO - i don't even have enough fingers to count how many MLS All Star jersey's i saw with Beckham on the back so obviously beckham merch sells

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 09:03 PM
It's insulting.

Krazy_kid
08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
i think its insulting that i saw more beckham all star jersey then brennan... what is the deal with that... we can't even support our own players.. inside we get all work up on some rumour about the argos

London
08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
i refused to buy a shirt that i wanted today because i saw that piece of sh#t jersey hanging there!!

TFC John
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
The FC Dallas fans commented at the tailgate that the only jerseys they have seen for sale in Toronto (at outside stores) are TFC and Beckham. They seemed to be of the opinion that someone might actually want to buy a Dallas jersey or something.

Maybe we're a little narrow minded about this. I'm pretty sure you can buy different team's hockey jerseys around Toronto. But I doubt you'd find anything but the Leafs at the ACC. Those Beckham jerseys should not be at BMO.

TicTacTabarnack
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Get them the f*** out of BMO!!! Even people wearing that shit in BMO on game day pisses me off ... Get them the F*** out of BMO!!!!!

camcamy
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
yeah lol i've seen them too, Flush and Parkdale gave my buddy shit for wearing his today, he had a laugh, but im pretty sure he wont wear it again lol

BigD
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
The Beckham jerseys have been there all season. I saw them at one of the early games this season. I haven't seen any other MLS jerseys around Toronto other than TFC, Beckham or the AllStar jersey.

CenterSports (at the ACC) only sells Leafs, Raptors, and Marlies merch - and Rock on game days. The Jays shop at Skydome does sell ARod and Yankee merch (though that might only have been for the series that the Yanks were in town).

Jeff s
08-04-2008, 01:02 AM
I agree, no need for that LA shit in here. And it pisses me off seeing people wear it in the stadium. Wtf, they would wear a mls opponent jersey over there own fucking team? What kind of fan are you, stop humping becks and get back to being a proper fan.

TFC Via Buffalo
08-04-2008, 01:13 AM
I agree, no need for that LA shit in here. And it pisses me off seeing people wear it in the stadium. Wtf, they would wear a mls opponent jersey over there own fucking team? What kind of fan are you, stop humping becks and get back to being a proper fan.

Amen.

I was in line with my friend at the merch table and he brought his all star jersey with him and was ordering Becks. What in the mother fuck? I almost said "Here asshole. He's $40. I'll pay you to put Brennan on it." It makes me sick to see Beckham jerseys sold on our grounds.

But on the ACC thing. I went in there during a Raptors game and did see some other NHL teams in there. They were blank, not players. I know the HSBC Arena store does that too. There is a giant section of Sabres jerseys and a small part of a wall with blank jerseys on it.

I hate it.

Cashcleaner
08-04-2008, 04:15 AM
I remember last year running into a vendor selling LA Galaxy posters along with Toronto FC merch. One of the individuals in our party was pissed off enough to poke a hole in one on display. I'm not condoning his actions, but I admit it's pretty sad to see an opposing team's merchandise for sale in our stadium.

And here's exactly why it pisses me off: You ever go to the ACC and see any hockey jerseys other than the Leafs, Marlies, or Team Canada on sale? Apparently TFC Via Buffalo has, but I haven't in all the times I've been there. See any NBA teamwear other than the Raptors merch for sale? Again, that's a big negatory for me.

So what makes TFC different? Why can you buy an LA Galaxy jersey or Beckham poster at BMO Field and can't buy a Crosby Pittsburgh Penguins jersey or Buffalo Sabres mini stick at the ACC? To me its simple: MLSE doesn't treat Toronto FC the same way we do. They get their big cash from hockey and basketball and have more than enough fans to buy only Maple Leaf or Raptor merch. Toronto FC on the other hand.... well, it's like we're not the right sort of fans they were expecting. I honestly think the guys in charge figured we'll just act all cosmopolitan and wear our colours from the old country and just buy some other merch from the other teams because we won't really have any large loyalty to Toronto FC.

MLSE is right in that there is a group of people showing up on gameday because it's trendy and hip, and they ARE buying Beckham/LA merch, but there is a very large and vocal group who really don't care for the obvious cash-grab they see with their own eyes.

Heathen
08-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Didn't see many Beckham jerseys yesterday saw a row of Dallas Serioux jerseys at the front of 115 though, in the "disabled" seats

Rocco
08-04-2008, 08:33 AM
LA Galaxy jersey: $40
Toronto FC jersey: $95

to an average casual, Beck's jersey is much cheaper and u know what? IT IS Beckham's kit and people know who he is. NOW, to the same average casual, they have no idea who Brennan is. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, all i'm saying is if you want ppl to buy TFC jerseies, why charge $95 where another team's jersey is sitting at $40? Average fan isn't as dedicated to buy expensive shit just to support a team that they're gonna go watch once a year. I blame the marketing aspect of it cuz in the end your revenue is "the bottom line"

TFC Via Buffalo
08-04-2008, 09:36 AM
And here's exactly why it pisses me off: You ever go to the ACC and see any hockey jerseys other than the Leafs, Marlies, or Team Canada on sale? Apparently TFC Via Buffalo has, but I haven't in all the times I've been there. See any NBA teamwear other than the Raptors merch for sale? Again, that's a big negatory for me.

I could be wrong. I'll trust the judgment of someone who's been there many more times then myself. I'm just going off memory. (With 7 concussions, maybe my memory shouldn't be used.)

Ladies Love Julius James
08-04-2008, 09:37 AM
I've been at Centresports and seen other gear. Usually the jerseys that sell the best are around (LeBron, Kobe, etc)

MrHawk
08-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I've seen other teams jerseys for sale before at other games. You generally don't find a lot of it, but it's there. And it's usually when a big rival comes to the stadium.

But to sell a Beckham jersey at a game where Beckham wasn't even showing up? They must have a lot of leftovers from ASG.

blackandwhite
08-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Maybe it's not MLSE ..it's adidas and MLS!! ;)

Yohan
08-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't care who is responsible but this Beckham shite in BMO Field is pretty gayhomofag. (no offence to gays)

James Oliphant
08-04-2008, 10:11 AM
If you mean no offence to "gays", don't say shit like that.

As for the complaints about the jerseys...did anyone think MLSE was in this business (read....BUSINESS) for anything more than the money?

mdc 77
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
I've always thought it's ridiculous to find other clubs jerseys in your home field. Comparing with other Toronto teams...I'm pretty sure you can find a Crosby or Lebron James jersey at the ACC.

canadian_bhoy
08-04-2008, 11:19 AM

Maybe this is a completely different situation from the pink jersey ;)

Krazy_kid
08-04-2008, 12:27 PM
As much as we like to think, not everyone who goes to BMO field is a TFC fan, Maybe they just like soccer, maybe they are a beckham fan. I'm fine with them selling other team merchandise.

I've been to ACC before, and i've seen them sell Montreal Canadians and Detroit Red Wings merchandise - i haven't seen too many other basketball team merchandise

Kickit09
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
MLSE: Profit Above All

Big Bruva
08-05-2008, 07:42 AM
Ya not crazy and this is one of the reasons why this league will not be taken 100% seriously yet.

There was a TFC fan behind me wearing a LA Beckham shirt and i just laughed but at the same time i was not in shock.

At the moment a lot of the TFC fans are on a hype meaning a lot of them go to the matches just for the atmosphere a lot go just coz of the hype the team has and a lot don't really know about Footy yet.

Over time the real fans will come out and you will see changes.

Call me crazy.....but it just didnt feel right when i walked by the TFC MERCH booth and seen an LA #23 for sale!

I can understand if its in a local sports shop[ in the city...but in our own house?

Im sure at OLD TRAFFORD i could walk into the UNITED SPORTS STORE and pick up a GERRARD jersey ;)

Mabey im looking at anything i can talk shit at the moment...instead of the nightmare at BMO today!

fetajr
08-05-2008, 08:37 AM
another attempt by MLSE to make another buck. This surprises us?

brad
08-05-2008, 08:42 AM
I've seen these at the merch stand by gate 1 since last year.

Big Bruva
08-05-2008, 12:39 PM
How many poeple do you think visit the ACC vs. BMO field ... you have a better chance clearing out beckham merch at BMO - i don't even have enough fingers to count how many MLS All Star jersey's i saw with Beckham on the back so obviously beckham merch sells

Does not matter how much it sells if you are trying to run a serious club in which people will respect.

Big Bruva
08-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Didn't see many Beckham jerseys yesterday saw a row of Dallas Serioux jerseys at the front of 115 though, in the "disabled" seats

This is acceptable coz that was most likely family and friends and he is Canadian.

Parkdale
08-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Let's make a comparison here...

You used to be able to find a Bulls #23 jersey at any basketball arena in North America.
You can find a Yankees cap for sale at the Skydome during Blue Jays games.
You could sport a Gretsky jersey (Oilers, not Kings) at any Hockey stadium in the country
and people wouldn't have anything negative to say about it.

Like it or not, Beckham is the most visible "star" of our league (if not the sport worldwide)
so people will be looking for his jersey where ever our league plays.
I don't like it - but I understand it.

Mango Kid
08-05-2008, 01:15 PM

If I recall, they were selling plenty of LA gear when they visited earlier in the year.

Mango Kid
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Let's make a comparison here...

You used to be able to find a Bulls #23 jersey at any basketball arena in North America.
You can find a Yankees cap for sale at the Skydome during Blue Jays games.
You could sport a Gretsky jersey (Oilers, not Kings) at any Hockey stadium in the country
and people wouldn't have anything negative to say about it.

Like it or not, Beckham is the most visible "star" of our league (if not the sport worldwide)
so people will be looking for his jersey where ever our league plays.
I don't like it - but I understand it.

Well said, Parky. But anyone that wears that shit in the south end should be beaten and pissed on, not necessarily in that order. :)

Parkdale
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Well said, Parky. But anyone that wears that shit in the south end should be beaten and pissed on, not necessarily in that order. :)

I have no problem seeing kids wear Beckham's jersey, but grown adults? You're asking for us to laugh at you.

Heathen
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
This is acceptable coz that was most likely family and friends and he is Canadian.

Bollocks is it acceptable, they could've worn Serioux Canada shirts to show their support. I didn't shout anything at them beyond a "Fuck off you Dallas bastards" after the second goal because frankly I'm old enough to know better than to get into unneccessary confrontations but it did piss me off no end seeing opposition jerseys in my section.

Mango Kid
08-05-2008, 01:33 PM
I have no problem seeing kids wear Beckham's jersey, but grown adults? You're asking for us to laugh at you.

I was assuming we were talking adults, but good point.

Krazy_kid
08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Does not matter how much it sells if you are trying to run a serious club in which people will respect.

what's your point?

jloome
08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Cheap, penny ante shit that. Someone wealthy among the RPB's should buy out the Beckham shirt stock at the stadium and have a ceremonial shirt burning outside.

brando
08-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I've seen these at the merch stand by gate 1 since last year.

Ya.
They've been there all along. I cringe every time I see them hanging there, even more so when I spot some idiot buying them.
I guess I can see it if the Gals are in town, but even then it stinks to high heaven IMHO.

WTF is with that? Why on Earth would we be selling other teams kits?
It's pathetic.

Stryker
08-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I bought a Becks shirt a few months back because:

1. I wanted something to wear to the friendly againest the White Caps
2. He's still a great player
3. He's an ambassador for the league
4. Its rather smart looking as far as sportswear goes
5. I got it on the cheap

http://mls.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-4461857dt.jpg

That having been said I'd never wear it to BMO field and always wear my TFC jersey on game days even just watching the tube.

Boondaddy
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM
don't buy them...if they don't sell, they won't bother putting them out there! demand is eveything...