PDA

View Full Version : What...the...fuck???

Stugatzo
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
...was that????

London
08-03-2008, 08:01 PM
a turd sandwich

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
The breaking point is what that was.

Baggio2TFC
08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
A robbery I think!

arbogast
08-03-2008, 08:07 PM
the worst 90 mins of football i've watched since ....
well since Greece's laughable performace at Euro this summer.

Razor
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
our next two games are on the road, we're fucked. i'm afraid there will be no post season this year ladies and gents.

i bleed and die TFC, but we're shit.

one more thing, the referee is a cunt. hope he gets hit by a bus on his way out of town.

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
FAIL!

Fernandinho
08-03-2008, 08:41 PM
its like the ref was handing out coupons, the way he was showing the cards...stupid fuck didnt care at all towards the end

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2008, 08:41 PM
FAIL!

no worries.....we still have the Champions League.....ooops...also FAILED!

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 08:45 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/15qcfn7.jpg

colman1860
08-03-2008, 08:47 PM
its like the ref was handing out coupons, the way he was showing the cards...stupid fuck didnt care at all towards the end

Really? Cuz according to Nigel Reed, who saw all the replays, the referee’s calls were all correct. Obviously we don’t like getting our players sent off, but each call was the right call.

Fernandinho
08-03-2008, 08:48 PM
^damn you got me there, good job calling my bluff...iam just so angry

rocker
08-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Really? Cuz according to Nigel Reed, who saw all the replays, the referee’s calls were all correct. Obviously we don’t like getting our players sent off, but each call was the right call.

you mean the obvious calls that led to the cards, right?

but certainly you don't mean all his calls, or more importantly, the non-calls were correct.

He blew it big time on a non-call against Hemming late in the game right in front of me. Right after, the velez sending off occured, and you could feel it was from the frustration of blowing calls like that one.

The linesman may have blown the Brennan one too.. but they didn't show that at the game.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 10:01 PM
He blew it big time on a non-call against Hemming late in the game right in front of me. Right after, the velez sending off occured, and you could feel it was from the frustration of blowing calls like that one.

Are you on the west side? Because the official blew one off of a Dallas player when the ball went into touch and the linesman called it off of Hemming. I am sure the linesman heard it from me on that one!

summer sunrise
08-03-2008, 10:02 PM
That was brutal. The one time I get great friggin seats!! :mad5:

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
In all honesty, TFC played like shit and deserved to lose. The ref was just the added gasoline to the fire.

andyc
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
...was that????

Tell your boss to bring in the argos. Suffering can't get any worse than today.

BTW - I was joking about the argos...

TicTacTabarnack
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
balls!

akoto
08-03-2008, 10:29 PM
The first yellow to Velez was NOT the right call. Marco had the keeper and defender all over him and he ended up the recipient of a booking.

jwfm1985
08-03-2008, 11:32 PM

not true, he said first call on Velez was BS

jwfm1985
08-03-2008, 11:34 PM
^^^ both commentators mentioned it was NOT the right call

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I PVR'd the game and am watching it now.

That call against Velez in the first half on the collission with Sala was complete and utter garbage.

This ref shouldn't be in reffing high school games. Wait until Carver sees the video on that.

colman1860
08-04-2008, 12:18 AM
not true, he said first call on Velez was BS

Im only talking about the two reds.

Roogsy
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
The red on Guevara should have been a red for Ricchetti as well. You can clearly see he is swinging his arm at Guevara before they enter the box.

billyfly
With a severe ankle sprain I still went to this game to be let in only 30 min before game time, not be serviced beer in my section and then watch my team lose again.

Only in Toronto.

Blizzard
I PVR'd the game and am watching it now.

That call against Velez in the first half on the collission with Sala was complete and utter garbage.

This ref shouldn't be in reffing high school games. Wait until Carver sees the video on that.

I envision another apology e-mail from the league for what it's worth. At minimum they should rescind the first yellow. It can't bring back the last minutes of the game or give us back the goal scored against us but it would allow Velez to play in the next game.

James17930
08-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Do cards ever get rescinded in MLS? I've never heard of it happening before.

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 08:57 AM
I envision another apology e-mail from the league .

Have they ever apologised before? when?

Nuvinho
08-04-2008, 09:10 AM
We have 2 damn road games, then home to the Revs.....this is make or break time (but we say that every freakin' week, and nothing seems to happen)

BuSaPuNk
08-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Is there any better angles of the Guevarra elbow??? The CBC view is shit....

MisterMacphisto
08-04-2008, 10:36 AM
^^^ both commentators mentioned it was NOT the right call

I watched the PVR of the game, and don't thin Nigel said the calls were correct at all.

In fact, he had the best, most subtle back hand to the referee I've ever heard:

"Well, they say a great referee is the one you don't notice a lot during the game... We've certainly noticed this referee a lot today."

ExiledRed
08-04-2008, 10:45 AM
"Well, they say a great referee is the one you don't notice a lot during the game... We've certainly noticed this referee a lot today."

Yep, that ref was a full on attention whore.

They love coming to this stadium and getting the fans all pissed off.

It makes them hard.

Carts
08-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Carl Robinson had a great post game quote... He pointed to the fans and said...

"...20,000 people can't be wrong, the game was spoiled, I got to be carefull what I say...the game of football is supposed to be between two teams..."

Its a good thing CBC got Robinson on camera, if they stuck a mic in Brennan's face after the game, we'd have our third suspension because he was livid... (rightfully so)

Carts...

Eastend
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
I was completed disgusted yesterday. I still can't get the stench of this game off of me. The whole section around me was debating the benefits of rushing the pitch and lynching that ref and how much jail time we'd do. Yes, our team wasn't on it's best yesterday but with an officiating crew like that why bother playing at all.

UGH!!!!...$%^%#*&^#$%!!!!

I am still so pissed.

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2008, 11:14 AM
I was completed disgusted yesterday. I still can't get the stench of this game off of me. The whole section around me was debating the benefits of rushing the pitch and lynching that ref and how much jail time we'd do. Yes, our team wasn't on it's best yesterday but with an officiating crew like that why bother playing at all.

I am still so pissed.

I was actually waiting for a pitch invasion. Part of me wanted to see Toledo (sic?) get his face punched in, so he got the message that maybe he should find a day job he's better at.

Of course, the other part of me was worried about the sanctions that would come down on the club if that was to happen.

- Scott

Eastend
08-04-2008, 11:17 AM

I am still so pissed.

This was obviously just frustrated people talking and never actually going to happen. My 10 year old son would of had to find his own way home. ;)

I was actually waiting for a pitch invasion. Part of me wanted to see Toledo (sic?) get his face punched in, so he got the message that maybe he should find a day job he's better at.

Of course, the other part of me was worried about the sanctions that would come down on the club if that was to happen.

- Scott

IF it had happened, maybe, just maybe the league would start to realize how shit their refs are.

James Oliphant
08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
As much as Toledo blows as a ref, we went 79 minutes without scoring yesterday before having a player sent off.

I'm just sayin'...

Kickit09
08-04-2008, 11:30 AM
MLSE is laughing all the way to the bank

Dirk Diggler
08-04-2008, 12:50 PM
As much as Toledo blows as a ref, we went 79 minutes without scoring yesterday before having a player sent off.

I'm just sayin'...

QFT.

flatpicker
08-04-2008, 01:31 PM
hey guys...
I was in Wells (ENG) during the game so I am only just finding out what happened. I'm sitting in a net cafe in London at the moment so I don't have much time to learn all the details... but it sounds like I missed a real shit storm. I hope they start pulling things together by the time I'm back!

Nerepis
08-04-2008, 01:36 PM
hey guys...
I was in Wells (ENG) during the game so I am only just finding out what happened. I'm sitting in a net cafe in London at the moment so I don't have much time to learn all the details... but it sounds like I missed a real shit storm. I hope they start pulling things together by the time I'm back!

It was a good day to be out of the country and away from the TV. :canada: