PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 34 - Atlanta @ TFC Sunday Oct 28 4:30pm - When All Else Fails..

OgtheDim
10-22-2018, 09:02 PM
We'll always have Toques

https://twitter.com/KiaCanada/status/1054357203690373121

Have at It People

ensco
10-22-2018, 10:14 PM
This may be it for Ashtone Morgan.

Let's do this right.

Ashtone starts and comes out in the 89th minute to a standing ovation.

Gringo Starr
10-22-2018, 11:20 PM
Not gonna lie, I love my free Kia toques

JonO
10-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Don't think you'll have to be too early to get a free toque on Sunday.... sigh...

ag futbol
10-23-2018, 08:13 AM

Let's do this right.

You think so? Every team needs a guy or two that rounds out a squad for minimal money / minimal opportunity to play. Those positions are pretty unattractive to most pros. Having a local guy take it who actually appreciates it is a bonus. I would think his spot is safe.

The entire country can’t produce a fullback to save its life. He’s only there to be a third option and plug holes. Good enough, IMO.

JuliquE
10-23-2018, 08:51 AM
You think so? Every team needs a guy or two that rounds out a squad for minimal money / minimal opportunity to play. Those positions are pretty unattractive to most pros. Having a local guy take it who actually appreciates it is a bonus. I would think his spot is safe.

The entire country can’t produce a fullback to save its life. He’s only there to be a third option and plug holes. Good enough, IMO.
Seconded.

Hopefully we can keep ATL from surpassing our points record.

ensco
10-23-2018, 09:35 AM
^I don’t disagree but I think every single non-core player is at serious risk. We have lost 18 games this year. There had to be real change.

paul-collins
10-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Beware road rail and subway closures

Gardiner shuttered
Yonge line shut from Lawrence to St Clair
Dufferin buses stopping at the loop
Parkside shut near the lake
GO Lakeshore W doing the diversion around Exhibition and Mimico...

69Chevy396
10-23-2018, 12:41 PM
^I don’t disagree but I think every single non-core player is at serious risk. We have lost 18 games this year. There had to be real change.
It baffles me how so many sports fans and supporters fail to recognize this. There are very few professional teams that remain at the top for more than a few years. The smartly run ones, rebuild quickly, and find there path to contention much quicker, than teams that hold on to players that are no longer at, or near, their prime.
It took the Jays 9 years to win big, then miraculously did it again, then collapsed for 25 years. Arguably, one could draw a similar comparison to TFC. Long build, great achievements....now what? Tinkering with this team, or rebuild? It is always a hard decision. I could see them moving every player except Seba, Altidore and Mavinga.

paul-collins
10-23-2018, 01:19 PM
It is always a hard decision. I could see them moving every player except Seba, Altidore and Mavinga.
I'd keep Bradley too - this year has been an outlier primarily because of the failed CD experiment (out of necessity).

I think at this point they've rolled the dice on both VV and Jozy and have decided to try to fix them up. Beyond Mavinga, Bradley and Seba I don't see anyone who is safe. (I would argue that Osorio is at risk because there might actually be interest in him elsewhere, but the rest are going to have to earn their keep in preseason training)

OgtheDim
10-23-2018, 01:20 PM

Gardiner shuttered

Will make the getting of that toque even sweeter...

ensco
10-23-2018, 01:57 PM
I would take the “next year” speculation to a different thread.

On the chance that this is it for Ashtone, I would like him to play, and be recognized.

ag futbol
10-23-2018, 03:30 PM
I’ll use the post Nelson years as an example. We sure pruned the hedges but we didn’t make it to the top by a discarding everyone.

I’m in favour of big changes, generally. I don’t think counting on the durability of Vasquez or Altidore is smart. Bradley and Seba are depreciating assets. It’s hard to keep a straight face and say our best players were good enough this year. That to me is nearly as big of an issue as CB.

ensco
10-23-2018, 05:38 PM
^That's 2020 business. None of those guys are leaving, ex maybe Altidore, as they are overpaid, maybe even wildly overpaid.

Not my money, I love them all and can more than live with it.

But I fear it means a housecleaning wherever possible. which puts probably 5 or 6 of Ashtone, Chapman, Hamilton, Hagglund, Zavaleta, Auro, Janson, maybe even Moor or vdW at risk.

MightyDM
10-24-2018, 01:00 AM
The Jays let go all of their best players after the second World Series and never invested in winning again, at least not for nearly 20 years. No really a comparison here. We are talking about other players and finding a balance between plugging holes ie a younger Drew Moor and not completely destroying team chemistry.

MightyDM
10-24-2018, 01:00 AM

On the chance that this is it for Ashtone, I would like him to play, and be recognized.

Indeed.

MightyDM
10-24-2018, 01:02 AM
And I think the message on Sunday is simple. “Thank you”

Still Kicking
10-24-2018, 08:42 AM
I could dig up some photos to help me recall this, but in the early days , after the final home game, the players would take the time to walk around the perimeter and applaud ALL the fans. In recent years, with playoffs looming, this has vanished (which is fair enough, we all enjoyed winning the Cup 2017 and all the shock of Cup 2016 did not lend itself to salutes). There is also a tendency to go and applaud the supporters in the south end only, when any salute is done.
Any thoughts about going back to a full field walk around at games end?

stevep
10-24-2018, 08:50 AM

Gardiner shuttered

its gonna be cold. will feel like 2 with north winds
80% chance of 5-10mm rain
no jozy no vv
not in playoffs

can you possibly design a worse game to go to? maybe if opponent was San Jose

burlington Red
10-24-2018, 08:56 AM
I could dig up some photos to help me recall this, but in the early days , after the final home game, the players would take the time to walk around the perimeter and applaud ALL the fans. In recent years, with playoffs looming, this has vanished (which is fair enough, we all enjoyed winning the Cup 2017 and all the shock of Cup 2016 did not lend itself to salutes). There is also a tendency to go and applaud the supporters in the south end only, when any salute is done.
Any thoughts about going back to a full field walk around at games end?

I actually recall crowds being on the actual pitch at the end, think it was first or second season

Still Kicking
10-24-2018, 09:15 AM
That was season one, the turf was artificial and security looked the other way. The pitch invasion was certainly hyped by Dichio's wonder goal.
Pitch changed, security has never been that lax since.

paul-collins
10-24-2018, 11:41 AM
That was season one, the turf was artificial and security looked the other way. The pitch invasion was certainly hyped by Dichio's wonder goal.
Pitch changed, security has never been that lax since.
Last activity on this turf anyway, Argos are done their home schedule...

Joe Kool
10-24-2018, 03:12 PM
its gonna be cold. will feel like 2 with north winds
80% chance of 5-10mm rain
no jozy no vv
not in playoffs

can you possibly design a worse game to go to? maybe if opponent was San Jose

Haha. Love your list of reasons to (not) go. Even though I will still be there you got to wonder why some of us would put ourselves through all that....guess we always will have our free toque which I missed out on the last two years even though I was still in the stadium before the kickoff. If I miss out on it this year and all your predictions come true I might be kicking myself.

stevep
10-24-2018, 05:51 PM
Haha. Love your list of reasons to (not) go. Even though I will still be there you got to wonder why some of us would put ourselves through all that....guess we always will have our free toque which I missed out on the last two years even though I was still in the stadium before the kickoff. If I miss out on it this year and all your predictions come true I might be kicking myself.

I can put up with the rain and cold and no jozy no vv but the killer is no go train, combined with gardiner closures it's gonna take 1.5 hours to get home. normally a 5 minute go train

Gardiner Expressway CLOSED (http://www.torontoroadclosures.com/event.php?event=1665) from Highway 427 to DVP Friday, October 26 11pm to Monday, October 29 5am due to construction. Delays of up to 1 hour on Lake Shore and severe traffic delays throughout Toronto. No subway Line 1 St Clair to Lawrence October 27-28. No subway Line 2 St George to Broadview October 28 before 10am

jazzy
10-24-2018, 08:23 PM

Ashtone is a class act , and has gone far , considering he went to a high school that wanted to drop soccer . He never had the pampering of many ‘starlets’ in MLS and across the waters . He simply worked hard with what he had and did a marvellous job with what he was given . Never saw him yell at his teammates , like some on this team . I’m glad he could get a return in a sport he loved and on TFC , which he loved .

jazzy
10-24-2018, 08:29 PM
I can put up with the rain and cold and no jozy no vv but the killer is no go train, combined with gardiner closures it's gonna take 1.5 hours to get home. normally a 5 minute go train

Gardiner Expressway CLOSED (http://www.torontoroadclosures.com/event.php?event=1665) from Highway 427 to DVP Friday, October 26 11pm to Monday, October 29 5am due to construction. Delays of up to 1 hour on Lake Shore and severe traffic delays throughout Toronto. No subway Line 1 St Clair to Lawrence October 27-28. No subway Line 2 St George to Broadview October 28 before 10am

How is many times can TO shoot itself in the foot before it’s crippled . Nice that zero politicians or media even question this ridiculousness at election time . And then there’s a Ford drunk on dollar beers . Our cities fans are incredible to fight this every event .

Canary10
10-24-2018, 08:31 PM
So we have to win and hope the NYRB lose or draw to have our best ever MLS point total usurped just one year later. I find that hard to take.

magmadragon
10-25-2018, 12:02 AM
Did I miss some news about Morgan leaving?

Blindside16
10-25-2018, 05:33 AM
Did I miss some news about Morgan leaving?

It is pure speculation at this point but he is out of contract at the end of the season and with more obvious hole that need patching, odds our Sunday will be his final game as a Red. We could be wrong but I doubt it. Look for both him and Irwin to get curtain call starts.

OgtheDim
10-25-2018, 05:59 AM
Would be nice to see Moor & Mavinga actually play together. Without Almiron, Atlanta has issues moving the ball forward. Especially on that cow patch of a pitch.

This is not going to be pretty football.

Its not

TFC unless its raining

TFC unless the GO trains stop

TFC unless the subway is partially closed

TFC unless its warm

TFC unless the pitch is crap

TFC unless we are not in the playoffs

TFC unless the Toques run out

Its TFC till I Die

Well if we are in here, we ain't dead.

TFC till I die is really easy when the team is winning, on a good pitch, in the suumer, with the offence humming and the defence solid.

I don't go to TFC games because its easy

I go to TFC games because its my team

Hope to hear you all from 221 on Sunday

Initial B
10-25-2018, 06:45 AM
^ I wish I could rep this so hard.

JuliquE
10-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Ashtone is a class act , and has gone far , considering he went to a high school that wanted to drop soccer . He never had the pampering of many ‘starlets’ in MLS and across the waters . He simply worked hard with what he had and did a marvellous job with what he was given . Never saw him yell at his teammates , like some on this team . I’m glad he could get a return in a sport he loved and on TFC , which he loved .

Would be nice to see Moor & Mavinga actually play together. Without Almiron, Atlanta has issues moving the ball forward. Especially on that cow patch of a pitch.

This is not going to be pretty football.

Its not

TFC unless its raining

TFC unless the GO trains stop

TFC unless the subway is partially closed

TFC unless its warm

TFC unless the pitch is crap

TFC unless we are not in the playoffs

TFC unless the Toques run out

Its TFC till I Die

Well if we are in here, we ain't dead.

TFC till I die is really easy when the team is winning, on a good pitch, in the suumer, with the offence humming and the defence solid.

I don't go to TFC games because its easy

I go to TFC games because its my team

Hope to hear you all from 221 on Sunday
These two posts are why I come to this forum.

A special thank you to OgtheDim for holding it down, not just here, with your wonderful match-threads, but also on social media and in the sometimes dreaded MLSsoccer.com comments-section.

I really hope we can shock everyone and, despite not being close to full strength, give ATL a proper hiding.

Oldtimer
10-25-2018, 08:26 AM
So we have to win and hope the NYRB lose or draw to have our best ever MLS point total usurped just one year later. I find that hard to take.

I find that REALLY hard.

TFC breaks a record that had stood unbroken since the early years of MLS, for 19 years, an incredible achievement. To have that potentially broken just one year later makes it feel like less than the stunning achievement that it was.

Joe Kool
10-25-2018, 08:30 AM
I find that REALLY hard.

TFC breaks a record that had stood unbroken since the early years of MLS, for 19 years, an incredible achievement. To have that potentially broken just one year later makes it feel like less than the stunning achievement that it was.

If all else fails, we were the first. Let's just go with that. Bunch of copy cats coming after us.

Oldtimer
10-25-2018, 08:32 AM
The records being chased:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/09/18/where-does-atlanta-uniteds-chase-various-mls-records-stand

ensco
10-25-2018, 08:34 AM
I find that REALLY hard.

It wasn’t that impressive a record. 20 wins and 9 draws in 34 games is not that unusual a record by global historical standard. Nobody in MLS had ever spent like we had, and guess what, now others have too.

That win/draw rate probably gets you third or fourth in the EPL most years.

Oldtimer
10-25-2018, 10:06 AM
It wasn’t that impressive a record. 20 wins and 9 draws in 34 games is not that unusual a record by global historical standard. Nobody in MLS had ever spent like we had, and guess what, now others have too.

It's true that spending was part of it, but you can't compare a non-salary cap league like the EPL to MLS. TFC could only spend unlimited on 3 players, not 25. It's a better record than you are implying.

Leicester's win of the EPL is probably the biggest win of this decade, just because the gap between the top 5 and the bottom is so great.

ensco
10-25-2018, 11:16 AM
^I have a rule. He who mentions Leicester first in any soccer debate loses. ;-)

Neither our points record, or Atlanta's, impresses me.

NYRB's does - they did it without spending, and with a CCL run. My hat is off to them.

Areathrasher
10-25-2018, 11:25 AM
^I have a rule. He who mentions Leicester first in any soccer debate loses. ;-)

Neither our points record, or Atlanta's, impresses me.

NYRB's does - they did it without spending, and with a CCL run. My hat is off to them.

How much did they pay for Kaku?

tfcfans
10-25-2018, 11:47 AM
I too was bemoaning the fact that our points "record" was going to be beaten in the following season and then I remembered something.....there is a STAR above our crest, it will be there forever - something NYRB (who have been successful for many years and have won multiple Shields), and AU (whose fans have been spoiled rotten coming out the gate) don't have - and 70 points or more won't put it there - something most of us never imagined ever becoming a reality in 2007-2013 - we went from "the worst team in the world" - to the top of the mountain in as exciting a fashion as we could have ever imagined - and while staying at the top "forever" is a really nice dream, most teams do not, this was TWO years of hosting the Finals (people tend to focus only on 2017 and forget how great 2016 was where we only lost to a great save and a crappy "coin-flip" ending where we deserved a better fate).....my goodness, how spoiled are we? would any other fan base not trade what we had the last two years (maybe Seattle and even then, we got to witness our Championship in our Stadium - something I'm sure they would have loved to do)? Would any other Toronto-based team not kill for two Finals appearances and one title in back to back seasons (never mind a Shield, Canadian Championships, and a hell of a Concacaf run).....Sign me up for my Stanley Cup and NBA Championship now please for 2019-2020, and I'll happily miss the playoffs in 2021.....

The point is, we all know this year sucked, a lot of us have been around through a lot of "suckage" in this city with our sports teams and most especially this franchise; if one year of crap after two years of pretty much all glory (or close to it), is going to turn you away from supporting this team, then enjoy hopping on the Atlanta United bandwagon or whichever other glory chasing team you are now apparently a fan of; I'm sure you'll be in your Golden State Warriors Jersey (can you identify Chris Mullin in a lineup? if not please move along), your Tom Brady jersey? (I'm sure you're a huge Pats fan - what number was Steve Grogan by the way? or Anrde Tippett?) - please just move along.....being a fan, or supporter in this culture, means we support, not only when it's easy, but when it's difficult, frankly 2018 was much easier to handle for me than a season like 2011 because I don't have to ever ponder the question - "why can't we be great?", "why can't we just win once in my lifetime?" --- I've been saying that as a Leafs fan my whole life, my brother was literally born the day after the Leafs won the Cup in 1967 - sometimes it can literally be a lifetime of waiting and supporting with no payoff --- no one is entitled to a Championship, lots of luck and circumstance and good fortune go into these things, the wrong injury at the wrong time to a key star, a bad bounce or deflection, a bad call by an official (looking at you Kerry Fraser), a simple mistake made by a normally awesome performer --- on rare occasions does it all come together to end in glory --- the Dodgers just spent an entire season getting back to the WS after losing in Game 7 last year (sounds like us in 2016), now they might be done in a week to the Red Sox after all of that climbing back to the top of the mountain again, with no payoff --- they've waited 30 years now and that's a wealthy top spending franchise; imagine how it feels to be a fan of a non-spending team trapped in the wilderness of decades of mediocrity (some would say that was the Jays until 2015-2016 - ha ha ha)......

If Atlanta or NYRB don't win the Championship - I'm cheering for the West frankly hoping for that end --- will anyone really care that they had 70-72 points? - my hunch is no - it will be a footnote --- just like how the 68 point team in LA didn't win the title.....and FYI neither team won their domestic Cup so the Treble record is still ours.....Atlanta beat a USL team and then lost to their first MLS opponent at Home, NYRB beat one MLS opponent and then lost to their second MLS opponent in the US Open Cup (before anyone wants to tell me the Canadian Championship is a joke - at least we beat a USL team and an MLS team over two legs) -----

All is not lost - we will support - that is what we do - things could be way worse, we've been there before; we will make our way back......

All FOR ONE

paul-collins
10-25-2018, 01:36 PM

Get back to me when EPL has half their away games a 3h flight away.

What is impressive for our season last year is that no one else was even close. This year there are two of them chasing the record.

This year there were a lot more teams *giving* points up than last year (us included), so of course there were more points on the table for Atlanta and NYRB. 4 teams are below the bottom of 32 points established last year.

The rate of draws across the league was lower this year as well... Last year 24% of the games finished in a draw, this year it's 21%.

Last year we should have smashed the record, but didn't because of the losses to Montreal and New England in September.

ensco
10-25-2018, 01:55 PM
To each his own.

To me, getting to 3 finals in 16 months, and not losing any of them, is the record that has real power.

Let's see who else does that in the next 50 years.

paul-collins
10-25-2018, 02:32 PM
To each his own.

To me, getting to 3 finals in 16 months, and not losing any of them, is the record that has real power.

Oh absolutely.

To me the relevance of the point record isn't that it is held for a long time, but that it was a long time unbroken. Think about the 4 minute mile... once it was demonstrated that it could be broken, it was done with regularity.

But to win the Voyageurs' Cup, Supporters' Shield, MLS Cup, and very nearly the CCL all in one run is what stands out for me. The points record is more a reflection of that dominance than an expression of it.

Canary10
10-25-2018, 06:12 PM
To each his own.

We also only won one. If we had won 3 or even 2 the conversation would be different.

ensco
10-25-2018, 08:23 PM
We also only won one. If we had won 3 or even 2 the conversation would be different.

Thats a different question. We could have had a different place in history, sure.

I am talking about the place we do have. Which for me doesn’t hinge much on the points record

TFC Tifoso
10-26-2018, 02:24 PM
I find that REALLY hard.

first (and so far only) team to win the treble in MLS history.....and nobody can EVER take THAT away from us!

gracos
10-27-2018, 10:10 AM
Please put out your bench today TFC and we will see you next year

starter
10-27-2018, 11:42 AM

I would add a few :canada:championship finals to that as well.

They have to be worth something aside from CCL berth

Hamilton_Red
10-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Let's hope Seattle doesn't go far into the playoffs. If they make the MLS Cup final again this year they will have a serious case to make for being the best team over the last 3 years.

TFC has not demonstrated that they can sustain success and renew - our attempt at raising the bar this year was a big failure. The renewal this off-season is going to be critical. I hate to think what it will look like if we return to our historical norm.

I'm still hopeful - this team has a bit of an obsessive personality (aka Bradley) and when the obsession was MLS Cup we were amazing. Then the obsession was CONCACAF...maybe correcting the loss is the new obsession? Maybe that is what we need to fix next season. Once that obsession was gone we had nothing left this year. Getting the changes right this year will be crucial.

glaze
10-27-2018, 07:03 PM
Hoping they suprise us with a replica ring.
Kinda irritated ssh got nothing special for a championship.

Red CB Toronto
10-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Hoping they suprise us with a replica ring.
Kinda irritated ssh got nothing special for a championship.

Yeah that would be great. Of the four MLSE teams to win Championships in the last two years, TFC was the only one to not do a replica championship ring give away, the Argos, Marlies and Raptors 905 did. I got one of the Marlies ones and it actually is quite nice.

OgtheDim
10-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Tomorrow isn't about 2017. That ship (and the replica ring idea) has sailed.

OgtheDim
10-28-2018, 06:36 AM
GAME DAY!!!!!!!:scarf:

Oldtimer
10-28-2018, 07:46 AM
In the sun
In the Rain
We will always call your name

Through the thick,
and the thin,
We are loyal to the end.

For the boys
on the field
for the boys ON THE FIELD
Oh we sing and chant the legend TFC!

69Chevy396
10-28-2018, 08:10 AM
I find that REALLY hard.

Another sad outcome for a team that sacrificed everything for that ccl run.

ensco
10-28-2018, 08:38 AM
Another sad outcome for a team that sacrificed everything for that ccl run.

It was worth it

Canary10
10-28-2018, 09:21 AM

Good point.

Smokecell
10-28-2018, 01:41 PM
The wheels really fell off this year both in the table and in the stands...hopefully for one last time this year we can all bring it and let the boys know we appreciate them. I fear a 14k crowd drowned out by ATL supporters if the fire sale stub is any indicator.

notthesun
10-28-2018, 04:02 PM
Man, where was that luck during the season huh?... Perfect deflection on Janson's shot directs it towards the corner and with outside spin to curl it around Guzan.

ag futbol
10-28-2018, 04:14 PM
And finally, we get some luck.

Interesting look from the team today. A different style of play than what we’ve seen throughout the season.

ensco
10-28-2018, 04:24 PM
First day of training camp for CCL, I see...

ElvistheEvilScotsman
10-28-2018, 04:36 PM
This pitch looks like our season. What an embarrassment.

iamthelight_
10-28-2018, 04:49 PM
Just noticed Zavaleta didn't even get called up for this match. Lmao, Uncle Greg has been reading the comments of every TFC social media.

Initial B
10-28-2018, 05:05 PM
I wonder where this TFC team has been all season...

tfcfans
10-28-2018, 05:09 PM
If someone has to get to 70+ I’m rooting for NYRB over spoiled Atlanta...at least let it be a team with a little bit of history....

Leedsoronto
10-28-2018, 05:09 PM
How nice is it just not having to listen to Caldwell !!

notthesun
10-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Janson's had a good day. Goals aside my favorite play from his was a long cross-field switch to Giovinco, playing him in on the left side. Didn't know he had that range in him.

Looks like a pretty good player to me, I wonder what our plans for him are.

ensco
10-28-2018, 05:37 PM
Vic Rauter saying Giovinco’s role as a provider is a new role for him, is literally the dumbest thing ever said on any TFC broadcast ever.

tfcfans
10-28-2018, 05:39 PM
A nice way to end an awful year....

ensco
10-28-2018, 05:41 PM

Let's do this right.

Nice to see this actually happen.

notthesun
10-28-2018, 05:45 PM
1 goal from Orlando would've been enough for us to escape with the points record still, unfortunately Red Bulls have it now. Meh, better them than Atlanta. Good way to end the season. Plus Montreal is out too, lol.

notthesun
10-28-2018, 05:46 PM
https://twitter.com/joshuakloke/status/1056676331092508673

Looks like Hernandez's last game. Respect.

noimpactinmtl
10-28-2018, 05:53 PM
Vic Rauter saying Giovinco’s role as a provider is a new role for him, is literally the dumbest thing ever said on any TFC broadcast ever.

Vic Rauter is a meme. His main sport is curling.

MightyDM
10-28-2018, 06:03 PM

Brilliant post from a week ago Ensco!

ag futbol
10-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Good way to end a bad year.

Nice to see Janson get a couple of goals. He really is a team guy all around.

69Chevy396
10-28-2018, 06:19 PM
Seba picked up the team, as nobody else can. This game should serve to cement a long term TFC contract, for our best player of all time.

Canary10
10-28-2018, 06:43 PM

Yup agreed.

benito
10-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Nice way to end the season. Giovinco, Janson and Morrow played pretty well.

Hagglund looked like his normal self... lol.

Canary10
10-28-2018, 06:45 PM
That was a fun game despite the context, or maybe because of it. Denying Atlanta the points record felt good. Somehow NYRB having ot doesn’t feel as bad.

OgtheDim
10-28-2018, 07:13 PM
Based on his reaction after the game, Hagglund knows he is not here next year. He did a walk out to the south end.

wopchop
10-28-2018, 07:20 PM
Great game to watch. Nice to see that this team still has it.

Give Giovinco a contract.

Gringo Starr
10-28-2018, 07:50 PM
Feel good way to end the year. I think this result will be a big plus mentally for the guys during the off season. Happy Delgado netted one to end the season on a positive note.

p.s. If anyone nabbed an extra kia toque I'm looking for one, damn Dufferin construction...

wopchop
10-28-2018, 08:47 PM
Also - they need to get the toque giveaway (and others) under control. Giving people 5, 6 or 7 toques is just not fair. This happened last year as well.

jazzy
10-28-2018, 09:00 PM
Also - they need to get the toque giveaway (and others) under control. Giving people 5, 6 or 7 toques is just not fair. This happened last year as well.

Disgusting classless disaster . Only opened a couple of gates first , then instead of individually handing them out as everyone entered , they had a couple staff get mauled by a smothering crowd and it was each man for himself . Bullshit . If you had a kid in there it was dangerous . This club really should have more class than that . What does it take to have a couple of kids by security individually hand them out . Heart wrenching to see 45 mins before game time a family of three ( young child ) running gate to gate trying to get a hat for their kid . While many before had handfuls . It’s little displays like this , that really ruins the entire goodwill of the giveaway . And btw double the amount , especially when you have a distant mgmt media agenda as we seem to have .

OgtheDim
10-28-2018, 09:47 PM
The more I hear about issues at gates the more I think MLSE is at least going to offer to redo the Food building for 2026. And, if the rumours about the sell off of the CNE lands are true, look for building additions for 2026 to the south as well.

Manning has already indicated they need to do something about the bottle neck at the north - they might be wanding people about half way up to the north road next year. That would give them more width.

Would allow for better control for freebies.

stevep
10-28-2018, 10:57 PM
we beat arguably the best team in MLS today 4-1
Atlanta could have won the supporters shield today and we thrashed them
with no jozy, no vv, no moor

Let that sink in

SirBobSaget
10-28-2018, 10:59 PM
The sub was for Hernandez's last career game. Morgan will be back. After the whistle the TFC players all went over to an emotional J Hernandez.

glaze
10-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Great result on the field.
But I'll echo the sentiment that the toque situation was a joke.
It's amazing how bad this club does "fan appreciation"
Sour taste for this season as a whole, but already looking forward to a fresh start in 2019!

BelfastBoy
10-29-2018, 07:24 AM
The way this toque situation is being described, sounds exactly like an Argos promotion also. Like when they handed out championship rings. Must be an MLSE thing.

Awesome result on the field tho. Crowd looked sparse, but lively on TV.

Voodooman
10-29-2018, 07:28 AM
Yeah as bad as it is to compare to the Blue Jays, you don't see this issue happening there. There is enough staff working to give 1 bobblehead or whatever it is and move on.

Sucks to hear that's what happened. Seems like its a normal thing though, based on my experience in the past with free snacks given out after the games etc.

Great way to finish the season though, looking forward to the rest and coming out strong next year.

nonc
10-29-2018, 08:25 AM
No wonder Bono can't save a pk he leans like a mf to the side he's going. He's being read like a book every time.

ensco
10-29-2018, 09:34 AM
The sub was for Hernandez's last career game. Morgan will be back. After the whistle the TFC players all went over to an emotional J Hernandez.

I saw that. Not mutually exclusive points.

Prof
10-29-2018, 11:53 AM
How nice is it just not having to listen to Caldwell !!

You would rather listen to Vic Rauter? I don't think so.

Cuppy
10-29-2018, 05:22 PM
you would rather listen to vic rauter? I don't think so.
i dont think sooooooooooo.