PDA

View Full Version : Hemming Deserves More TFC-Minutes

sidney
08-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I have no idea why Hemming hasn't featured before today, but he never disappoints, whether it's 10 minutes or 90 minutes!...give the lad a chance Carves/MoJo.

London
08-03-2008, 07:38 PM
tyler is my boy!!!!!!
he should get a start next week!!!!
(yes i know i am biased twards him)

London
08-03-2008, 07:40 PM
actually with how thin our back line is rite now, he might play atthe back!!

he is naturally a CB

arbogast
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
with velez out, he'll be at right back with james at CB for the next game.

poppamidnight
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I think i've said it before but this is the depth chart:

Carver (+ Mo's) Depth Chart:
Brennan* > Tyronne > Wynne > Velez > Dunivant > James > Hemming > Attoya-Gyan

Actual Depth Chart:
Tyronne > Wynne > Hemming > James > Brennan* > Velez > Attoya-Gyan > Dunivant

*Note: this may piss some homers off, but yea, Brennan aiint a Defender. He has no business being stuck back there, whoever's idea it was should have their job title re-evaluated... His a mid, he says himself he prefers playing up, so we should put him up front more

kshep
08-03-2008, 08:55 PM

Actual Depth Chart:

*Note: this may piss some homers off, but yea, Brennan aiint a Defender. He has no business being stuck back there, whoever's idea it was should have their job title re-evaluated... His a mid, he says himself he prefers playing up, so we should put him up front more

Yeah, well I'd rate Dunny ahead of Nana that's for sure... And Marshall is suspect in almost every match... so with you rating him first I guess that means we don't really have a defense... at all.(Which is quite fair imo.) James looks so out of place it's unreal.

Keegan
08-03-2008, 10:59 PM

Actual Depth Chart:

Brennan is our best defender. He played CB last season and WAS player of the Season fool. Julius James is shit, brutal pick.

camcamy
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Brennan is our best defender. He played CB last season and WAS player of the Season fool. Julius James is shit, brutal pick.

Still relativly early, but yeah starting to see why he dropped to 9th

MG42
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Hemming played well today, one of a few bright spots :)

RedsYNWA
08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
if our bright spot was Hemming God help us All

poppamidnight
08-04-2008, 09:32 AM
It should be completely obvious that TFC almost shoots itself in the foot by not making the full 3 subs in a game....

Why was Ibbe buried on our bench for those 3 games or so??? (when he's clearly better right now than Cunningham/Smith???)

Why was Hemming buried on our bench for almost all of last year??? (when he was clearly better than Braz)

Why was Pozniak on the bench last year when he was better than Welsh???

Why is Rosenlund STILL buried on our bench when he's better than Harmse???

cuecas_red
08-04-2008, 10:28 AM
It should be completely obvious that TFC almost shoots itself in the foot by not making the full 3 subs in a game....

Why was Ibbe buried on our bench for those 3 games or so??? (when he's clearly better right now than Cunningham/Smith???)

Why was Hemming buried on our bench for almost all of last year??? (when he was clearly better than Braz)

Why was Pozniak on the bench last year when he was better than Welsh???

Why is Rosenlund STILL buried on our bench when he's better than Harmse???

Hemming was hurt most of last season that is why we suffered with Braz. Ibbe wasnt at the Sunday as he has family things to attend to. The others I have not explanation especially Poz

TFC_Toon
08-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I have no idea why Hemming hasn't featured before today, but he never disappoints, whether it's 10 minutes or 90 minutes!...give the lad a chance Carves/MoJo.

I could not agree more, we need an injection of energy in the starting 11, for the most part yesterday they were standing, no off the ball movement for most of the match, totally predictable passes that for the most part were intercepted.

I think we can throw Smith into the lineup as well, he looks eager. We might as well shake it up going for the next away matches, lord knows our away form needs something, what do we have to lose.

Captain Croatia
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
if our bright spot was Hemming God help us All

Amen.

CoachGT
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I would love to see Hemming play more frequently, and he looked decent yesterday - the same energy he brought to the pitch last year. I thought he was out of his element early this season - he just didn't play with the same enthusiasm as last year, for whatever reason. I thought he played himself out of the lineup.

If he continues to play as he did yesterday, he certainly deserves the chance.

Troll
08-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't understand all the Hemming sack-riding. Sure he wasn't terrible yesterday. But he surely didn't stand out above anybody else. He was average.

canadian_bhoy
08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
It's too bad more people didn't notice Hemming come into the game. Would have been nice to see him get a nice loud reception.

I find that other than the all-star game when JB and DeRo came in - the crowd doesn't really react to a player coming off or entering the game - it's strange.

poppamidnight
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Hemming was hurt most of last season that is why we suffered with Braz. Ibbe wasnt at the Sunday as he has family things to attend to. The others I have not explanation especially Poz

for Ibbe I was reffering to the games immediately after the trade, notably the Whitecaps game

MUFC_Niagara
08-04-2008, 08:11 PM
honestly, when i saw hemming was coming into the game....my first though was "wow, sidney is going to blow his load right now"

Rawkus_420
08-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Fuck I have more faith in him than i do velez and james put together, in my opinion james is terrible and has a lto of learning to do, and velez is ok , but he always gets caught and then doesnt have the speed to catch up, and he gets beat by almost any move an offensive player makes.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-05-2008, 10:54 AM
You've got issues... The guy has like one or two bad games, suddenly he sucks?

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-05-2008, 10:59 AM
im all for hemming getting more minutes

James17930
08-05-2008, 11:00 AM
James definitely needs seasoning. I wouldn't say it was a bad pick, but he's not ready for the big time.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
You've got issues... The guy has like one or two bad games, suddenly he sucks?

Thats the nature of this board, one minute hes a god, the next human garbage

rocker
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM
in James, i see strengths, i see weaknesses. not surprising for a rookie.

sidney is cleaning up the mess after hemming's appearance ;)