PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 32 - TFC @ DCUnited - Wed October 17 7:30pm - Party ON! EXCELLENT!!!!

OgtheDim
10-11-2018, 04:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njsF1jWSWeM

Have at It People

ensco
10-11-2018, 06:54 PM
No interest in this game.

:Yawn::Yawn:

I will be watching the Raps season opener on Oct 17.

Shame that three pretty big games on the calendar - first visit to Audi Field, derby game, Atlanta at home - all became meaningless exhibition games for us.

OK if pressed- I would like us to play the U12s at DC and then the first choice team at Montreal, please.

stevep
10-11-2018, 09:20 PM
absolutely no interest in this game

James17930
10-11-2018, 11:00 PM
The pitch there is already looking terrible.

Even worse than BMO.

Blindside16
10-11-2018, 11:46 PM
I have very little interest in this game. It's sad but a large part of me hopes we lose this game just because it puts a ton of pressure on Montreal. My best guess is we see more fringe players getting minutes in this game. Irwin, Chapman, Ricketts, Fraiser all should feature in this one.

pfk
10-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Agreed that there is little interest in this game, but a question. Will we be missing a number of players due to international play? Seba, Oso, Chapman, Ricketts?

I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Voodooman
10-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Well damn...im travelling for this game. Guess I have to be the only one making some noise for us than!

Joe Kool
10-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Hoping to keep it respectable with our bench players out there. I don't expect us to win though. Raptors home opener makes it a tough call though. Might have to PVR the TFC game.

Leedsoronto
10-13-2018, 09:41 AM
This is why MLS needs relegation and promotion. This game would be packed and a must win game still, MLS sucks sometimes!!

paul-collins
10-13-2018, 11:15 AM
This is why MLS needs relegation and promotion. This game would be packed and a must win game still, MLS sucks sometimes!!
This is a dumb take.

shwade
10-13-2018, 12:05 PM
This is a dumb take.

Lol and then no one shows up for next year. This city is fickle with too many options.

portu
10-13-2018, 04:11 PM
Lol and then no one shows up for next year. This city is fickle with too many options.

Then how many really care about this club?

sidvan
10-13-2018, 06:29 PM

It's an away game and DC will pack it as they are now above the playoff line.

Leedsoronto
10-13-2018, 08:29 PM
This is a dumb take.

It’s an America league so just play all the games and every one gets a participation trophy

Unless TFC are top .... then fuck the rest, just one trophy Lol :@)

OgtheDim
10-13-2018, 09:16 PM
It won't be a full crowd - they didn't have a full crowd today. Takes time to recover from ineptitude on the pitch and even longer from off it. DCU's staff infrastructure was cut to the bone by recent management (who left just a few weeks before the home opener after the owners realised how cruddy things had become)

Sound familiar?

DCU is fun to watch now but I give it a couple of seasons until they are packing it out all the time.

As for Pro Rel, the version of North American soccer where 2nd division teams can support a franchise hasn't been developed yet - give it 40 years.

OgtheDim
10-13-2018, 09:21 PM
On another note, DCU winning tonight means our next 2 games are against the two teams fighting for the last playoff spot.

I'd like to make this game as difficult as possible for DCU but I suspect it will be a heavy rotation prior to the derby & the Atlanta game.

Yohan
10-13-2018, 09:33 PM
TFC loses this game... just to keep Mtl out of playoffs? lol

motorheadfc
10-13-2018, 10:16 PM
the last thing this group can give us as a collective is a strong loss in DC with an academy team and a heavy win with a full squad at mtl. bouncing mtl out of the playoffs. it is the same a winning the playoffs. bending mtl over the counter is a strong statement for me and where i measure our season at this point.

Gringo Starr
10-14-2018, 05:27 AM
In my heart I want the boys to go to DC and win convincingly, show United that they may have gotten the playoff spot but we are the better team and at the same time give hope to our neighbours in Quebec. Then I want the boys to go to Montreal and absolutely thump Montreal so they know that it was truly us who snuffed their play off hopes.

My head on the other hand is saying F That, don't take any chances and field the weakest line up possible for D.C. a back three of Hags, Zavs, and Hernandez, with Bradley nailed to the bench and Seba watching from an airport lounge....

Redcoe15
10-14-2018, 08:12 AM
Pro Rel in MLS will happen when the other major leagues adopt it. In other words, NOT!

paul-collins
10-15-2018, 07:50 AM
It’s an America league so just play all the games and every one gets a participation trophy
Doubling down on the stupid

noimpactinmtl
10-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Pro Rel in MLS will happen when the other major leagues adopt it. In other words, NOT!

College Football would benefit from promotion and relegation. No more first week fodders.

kuku
10-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Vasquez has been shut down for the year.

OgtheDim
10-15-2018, 12:30 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1051877896686465024

ag futbol
10-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Vasquez has been shut down for the year.
Frustrating. Let’s hope he gets off to a clean start next year.

Voodooman
10-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Smart decision. Have him deal with the knee problem now, get it fixed so he has more time to recover and be good as new for next year.

Red CB Toronto
10-17-2018, 12:18 AM
Both Jozy and GVW were in attendance at the Canada game on Tuesday night at BMO, guess they are both being held out of Wednesday night.

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 06:36 AM
Delgado & Osorio & Bradley won't be playing either having played last night.

Midfield is going to be really interesting. Frasier for sure but after that :noidea:

ensco
10-17-2018, 06:42 AM
Delgado & Osorio & Bradley won't be playing either having played last night.

Midfield is going to be really interesting. Frasier for sure but after that :noidea:

Bradley came on in 78th minute. Hartford is less than a one hour flight to DC. I predict he goes 90 tonight.

Derko
10-17-2018, 06:56 AM
I know there is not much interest in this match, but for me I would like to see TFC actually play a decent game in DC, I am always interested to see TFC play, even in the really dark years. As has been said I think this season was a one off.

notthesun
10-17-2018, 06:08 PM
Glad to see Hamilton has earned a start here. Fraser too.

Gringo Starr
10-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Smart decision. Have him deal with the knee problem now, get it fixed so he has more time to recover and be good as new for next year.

It will be great to have a healthy VV for the CCL next year

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 06:58 PM
Bone with the nose save

And we've basically put 2 headers right at Hamid.

Nice to see Drew Moor out there.

SoccMan2
10-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Where is Mavinga injured again? Giovinco did not play at all for Italy and the Italy Poland game was Sunday , how long does it take to get from Italy? Bradley is there so why not these other two ?

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 07:09 PM
This is a game about trying out combinations. Hamilton & MmmBop with Bakero underneath is kinda intriguing.

Omar
10-17-2018, 07:39 PM
Where is Mavinga injured again?
Mavinga has a hip injury that's keeping him out.

This is a game about trying out combinations. Hamilton & MmmBop with Bakero underneath is kinda intriguing.
It definitely is, but they have no chemistry with each other. Each player is playing their own game, sadly, and they have barely even linked with each other. It's resulted in slow, stale attacks. There's no movement, no energy, and no buzz in our attacks.

DC haven't been that good today, and they're there for the taking. We, however, haven't tested them much, which is a shame.

Auzzy
10-17-2018, 08:09 PM
Is anybody else watching this game? Nice free kick from Rooney. I realize I'm awful at triple-tasking. Trying to watch TFC, CAN - US women's soccer match, and Raptors at the same time.

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 08:17 PM
Akinola sighting.

Omar
10-17-2018, 08:22 PM
We're seeing more of the ball and are taking more control of the match, but this is the Portland game all over again: lack of numbers forward, lack of creativity, lack of attacking drive, and no one willing to step up. Tactics are all for naught here as DC are playing with more confidence and intensity than we are.

Also, why didn't we go to a back 4 after seeing DC sit back with so many numbers? With both Fraser and Bradley not going forward, we need more bodies forward. Morgan's now coming on for Hagglund, which doesn't make any sense. How is Morgan a significant improvement on Hagglund going forward?

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 08:24 PM
Zavs with the brain cramp...DRINK!

69Chevy396
10-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Watching this game it is evident, that TFC is nothing without Giovinco, Altidore, Vaz and Mavinga. They don’t have anybody out there who could score on a one legged 80 year old blind keeper.

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 08:28 PM
Going to harp on this for a while.

Auro slows the game down WAAAAY too much.

sidvan
10-17-2018, 08:29 PM

:drinking::drinking::drinking:

Auzzy
10-17-2018, 08:37 PM

Which brain cramp specifically? I was worried that my stream was behind, that there was maybe a PK coming that Zavs had caused, but I didn't see anything. The foul against Rooney wasn't a bad one to give.

The goal was due to a brain cramp by Bradley: stupid foul to commit.

Oh well, one less game to watch at the same time. Maybe TFC can put a bit more respectable team on the pitch vs. Montreal.

Good night.

boozilla
10-17-2018, 08:38 PM
Would have liked to see some pride at this point.of a slow motion trainwreck season.
Nope.

Omar
10-17-2018, 08:42 PM
Going to harp on this for a while.

Auro slows the game down WAAAAY too much.
Yup, I've always tried to excuse him for it (and today, the excuses may be valid), but he's done it way too often. In the wide areas,, he should be shaping up to cross the ball in, but he takes a while to settle on the ball. For a skillful player, he sure struggles to play at a quicker tempo.

69Chevy396
10-17-2018, 09:05 PM
There is a lot of parity in MLS. Games like this demonstrate how a few top players can make all the difference. This is what we had in 2016 and 2017, an avg team with a handful of stars who made the other players much better. Tonight was embarrassing. DC was in total control, allowing TFC to play tic a taca outside the box, knowing that they were unlikely to score with the players we had on the pitch. Anybody who thinks we should
replace Seba or Altidore, should look back at these games, to see what could be in store for us in 2019.
As much as I like Bradley, did he add a clause in his contract stipulating that he will not take a shot on goal in 2018? There were several moments in this game which called for him to step up and shoot the fu**ing ball. I was also disappointed with Morrow. He is half the player, he was in 2017. I suppose without Seba on the field telling him what to do, he really has no idea, what to do.

OgtheDim
10-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Oso in that team would have meant a bit more thrust then all that cut.

A heck of a lot of works in progress out there tonight - wish one of them was a young defender learning from Moor. (Haglund & Zavs are a lost cause in my mind)

Voodooman
10-17-2018, 11:01 PM
Some impressive moments out there just didnt have that finishing touch.

Lots of fun to be at the stadium though as one of 3 fans there.

gracos
10-18-2018, 01:23 AM
is it wrong for me to say but put on the bench players and if possible bring up TFC2 players to keep our chances of getting a decent draft pick as rest of season means nothing, lets regroup next year

noimpactinmtl
10-18-2018, 11:20 AM
is it wrong for me to say but put on the bench players and if possible bring up TFC2 players to keep our chances of getting a decent draft pick as rest of season means nothing, lets regroup next year

The Superdraft doesn’t really give you much in terms of talent like the other four leagues do (or draft money in MLB’s case).

RedsYNWA
10-18-2018, 05:18 PM
There is a lot of parity in MLS. Games like this demonstrate how a few top players can make all the difference. This is what we had in 2016 and 2017, an avg team with a handful of stars who made the other players much better. Tonight was embarrassing. DC was in total control, allowing TFC to play tic a taca outside the box, knowing that they were unlikely to score with the players we had on the pitch. Anybody who thinks we should
replace Seba or Altidore, should look back at these games, to see what could be in store for us in 2019.
As much as I like Bradley, did he add a clause in his contract stipulating that he will not take a shot on goal in 2018? There were several moments in this game which called for him to step up and shoot the fu**ing ball. I was also disappointed with Morrow. He is half the player, he was in 2017. I suppose without Seba on the field telling him what to do, he really has no idea, what to do.

Man I died laughing at this:rofl::rofl::rofl:......... I truly wonder If he did take a shot on target this season?

stevep
10-18-2018, 08:30 PM
I have been watching the wayne rooney free kick on slo mo on youtube and I think Bono lets it in on purpose to give the game to DC as per script and to give a highlight for the highlight reels shows.
first he has a fine view of the ball of the ball coming off of rooneys foot. he stands in the same spot for almost 1.5 seconds and then dives to his left and misses the ball.
the ball takes around 1.5 seconds from Rooney's foot to the back of the net.
the ball lands around 1 yard below the crossbar, this is around 7feet high when it goes in the net
this is very important to note because bono is 6ft 3 inches tall with his arms outstretched he is about 8ft. the height of the crossbar

he is also kind of crouched down during the shot, his knees are bent lowering his height by around a foot.
as the ball approaches he even goes down even lower for some reason

watch the replay of the shot in slow motion,
the ball was from so far away all he had to do was see the ball off of rooneys foot, take a large step or two to his left and stand up straight raise his arms and the shot is stopped.
not crouch down making himself small on a ball that has to go over a 6ft wall
move, not stand there for 1.5 seconds
and then of course dive for the cameras

Auzzy
10-18-2018, 09:05 PM
I have been watching the wayne rooney free kick on slo mo on youtube and I think Bono lets it in on purpose to give the game to DC as per script and to give a highlight for the highlight reels shows.

LOLwut...

stevep
10-18-2018, 09:09 PM
LOLwut...

watch it on youtube on 0.25 speed
its obvious

Gringo Starr
10-18-2018, 09:42 PM
first he has a fine view of the ball of the ball coming off of rooneys foot. he stands in the same spot for almost 1.5 seconds and then dives to his left and misses the ball.
the ball lands around 1 yard below the crossbar, this is around 7feet high when it goes in the net
this is very important to note because bono is 6ft 3 inches tall with his arms outstretched he is about 8ft. the height of the crossbar

he is also kind of crouched down during the shot, his knees are bent lowering his height by around a foot.

the ball was from so far away all he had to do was see the ball off of rooneys foot, take a large step or two to his left and stand up straight raise his arms and the shot is stopped.

Is this the result of legal weed?

stevep
10-18-2018, 09:48 PM

that was quite a funny comment, i laughed when i read it but that being said please review below:

Ad hominem (Latin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin) for "to the person"[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem#cite_note-1)), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself :smile:

you probably have this as well while were at it

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias,[Note 1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias#cite_note-1) is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.:idea:

Blindside16
10-19-2018, 12:49 AM
Man I died laughing at this:rofl::rofl::rofl:......... I truly wonder If he did take a shot on target this season?

I was bored at work and looked it up. Bradley has taken 12 shots at goal and has 3 on goal in MLS play this season

OgtheDim
10-19-2018, 05:24 AM

Its his ouevre.

paul-collins
10-19-2018, 07:52 AM
Its his ouevre.
C'mon, it's just snow.

http://timhulsizer.com/cimages/snow.gif

stevep
10-19-2018, 05:28 PM
I used to play outfield when i was younger so i was very good at tracking a ball down off the crack of the bat.
I could tell the speed the ball was travelling at and where it was going to end up at.
I assume Bono must have those same abilities. He must know where to run to in his net on a long shot, similar to a drive to the outfield.
He doesn't even move until the ball is at the white line that is closest to him. then it's action (in movie terminology), cue to jump and just miss the ball
make for an outstanding highlight plus give dc the game. as per script. somebody's gotta pay for that new stadium. need lots of new season ticket holders.

note also ball is coming right at bakero and instead of heading it he moves his head away
also note I think from the distance of that free kick i think i could make that save

Richard
10-19-2018, 05:35 PM

Cool theory bro.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fb7e405a6-b2b6-11e8-8fb1-ac438dd6af00.jpg?crop=3000%2C1687%2C0%2C156&resize=685