PDA

View Full Version : THATS IT....IT"S OFFICIAL...I'm Boycotting (who is with me)

THA BUTCHA
08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Me and my 16 seasin ticket holders are done going to BMO field to watch anymore TFC matches.

unless they:

- FIRE COACH CARVER or MOJO or BOTH
- Release Cuningham immediately
- Sign a big name player to help the team improve.
- Officially anounce that TFC will be playing on REAL GRASS starting next season.

Me and my group will be writing a lengthy email to TFC admin on tues. regarding the blatant disregard of TFC fans that demand and deserve a quality team on the pitch.

I know some will disagree with my stance. Thou you have to admit DRASTIC changes need to be made with this team on and off the pitch before this team become the laughing stock of MLS and the soccer world in general.

I know after todays performance that backlash I mentioned after Montreal's Canada Cup win will begin NOW.

Forget T-shirts
Forget Banners and chants

JUST STAY HOME...
(and watch the game on the tele)

Remember if you decide to stay home (don't give your tickets away) make sure your seat is empty.
It defeats to purpose if you replace yourself with someone else to suck the tit of MLSE.

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
I, for one, wouldn't begrudge you for doing anything of the likes. With TFC's constant poor performances, they certainly have shown they don't deserve our support.

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I won't particularly follow you, but I think most of us at our boiling point with this team.

To be honest (And I don't want to sound like a jackass, so please don't take this the wrong). 16 people don't go to the game, MLSE see you as a fly on the wall.

16,000 people don't go to the game, you've just been upgraded to a pissed off Siberian Tiger

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Me and my boiz want those seasin tickets bro.

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
^^
Exactly my point. You give your 16 season tickets, another 1,000 fans are right there waiting.

Hell I'll take them from you.

Nodoubtguy
08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry, one bad stretch will not make me walk out on the team I support.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
^^
Exactly my point. You give your 16 season tickets, another 1,000 fans are right there waiting.

Hell I'll take them from you.

I ain't taking him seriously, he's talking out of his ass. Just was laughing at the way he wrote that shit.

However, if we was being real, it's justifyable.

MrHawk
Wanna split on them?

Ladies Love Julius James
Wanna split on them?

Hell ya.

RealG-TFC
08-03-2008, 06:01 PM
how supportive...

BRed
I agree...

I am also boycotting sex from my girlfriend until she learns to GIVE....

we're not stupid machines that keep walking through gates, chanting and buying your beer. We do not chant "This is our House" and then watch the opponents take a piss in it...

so to TFC and my girlfriend learn to GIVE, until then I will be jerking off to EPL classics.

MrHawk
there we go :)

Worst case scenario we can pawn off the tickets for money and place money on the game with it :)

adampz
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I ain't taking him seriously, he's talking out of his ass. Just was laughing at the way he wrote that shit.

However, if we was being real, it's justifyable. lol thats what its called, anyways this thread should be closed

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
there we go :)

Worst case scenario we can pawn off the tickets for money and place money on the game with it :)

You sure I havent done that already :rolleyes:

Butcha if you serious...get at me. I'll happily buy them off you.

toonarmy
08-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I would love your season tickets if you don't want them.

nixxie
08-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Me and my 16 seasin ticket holders are done going to BMO field to watch anymore TFC matches.

i dont want all your tickets but just a pair would be awesome.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I think this dude was expecting a bunch of people to agree with him, then he'd pm them asking for their seasons because he has none.

Smart plan Butch.

boban
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Me and my boiz want those seasin tickets bro.
He never said anything about giving up his tickets.
Re-read his post.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
He never said anything about giving up his tickets.
Re-read his post.

$$$ changes the mind pretty easily.

adampz
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
$$$ changes the mind pretty easily. Should we move this to the ticket trader section?

Stryker
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Somebody wanna call the whaaa-bu-lence for this jerk off? (thread starter)

Reality check.

They're a second year team.
Mo works his ass off 24-7 trying to convince good players to come here.
Carver's a great coach at managing personalitys and a par for the league coach at tactics.
They're trying to ditch Cunningham but have to play him cause they have no choice at the the moment and are PRAYING he might do something to give them some trade value.
The grass issue isn't solely up to MLSE. It's called bureaucratic red tape and unless you've lived in your mom's basement all your life you may have heard of it.

Real fans will support the team through the growing pains.
Fair weather fans (ie thread starter) are the ones who bitch and moan and make pointless threats when the chips are down. They then wave flags and claim to be die-hard supporters when championships are finally won.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Should we move this to the ticket trader section?

No because he has no credibility and he probably doesn't have seasons.

poppamidnight
08-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Okay, i think the OVERALL ATMOSPHERE is down...

not just the teams but the fans....

The last 4 games or so, with a lack of punch we've had, the noise in the entire stadium (not the supporters section) has dwindeled....

It was soo bad today, that when the "west side stand up" chant came up only one person in the upper section stood up merely to flip the chanters the bird!!!

fans arent enjoying it period.... It's a downright non-entertaining style of play we have going on right now:

-we need 1 (maybe 2 since Barret looked like a glorified cunningham 2day) striker(strikers?)
Midfield needs to be adjusted: Robbo or Robert has to go.....
-and finally...WE NEED TO PUT SOME FAITH IN OUR FRICKEN CANADIAN BENCH PLAYERS!!!!
Yes, it's true, Hemming was probably the most impressive player for us 2night...
And im confident ROSENLUND can out play: Harmse, Robbo, Robert

Fact:
Tyronne > Wynne > Hemming > Brennan > James > Velez > Attoya-Gyan > Dunivant

Fact:
Guevara > Ricketts > Edu > Rosenlund > Robert > Robbo > Melo > Harmse > Gala

Oldtimer
08-03-2008, 06:28 PM
I ask that everyone who said "YES" and are signed up as RPB, PLEASE RESIGN YOUR MEMBERSHIP. You are fans, not supporters.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
I ask that everyone who said "YES" and are signed up as RPB, PLEASE RESIGN YOUR MEMBERSHIP. You are fans, not supporters.

Few things wrong with that. I voted yes because this is a "take your piss, talk out of your ass thread" so nothing should really be held accountable as to what goes on here.

2) Fans is a term that's short-form for fanatic. What's the difference between a fanatic and a supporter?

Benficachop20
08-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey i want ur tix.

Marco2K
08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Old timer who are you to call me a fan and not a supported.

I went to columbus, and montreal. I go to every game. I watch every game.

I am just sick and tired of this BUSH LEAUGE SOCCER.

Jeff s
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Okay, i think the OVERALL ATMOSPHERE is down...

not just the teams but the fans....

The last 4 games or so, with a lack of punch we've had, the noise in the entire stadium (not the supporters section) has dwindeled....

It was soo bad today, that when the "west side stand up" chant came up only one person in the upper section stood up merely to flip the chanters the bird!!!

fans arent enjoying it period.... It's a downright non-entertaining style of play we have going on right now:

-we need 1 (maybe 2 since Barret looked like a glorified cunningham 2day) striker(strikers?)
-and finally...WE NEED TO PUT SOME FAITH IN OUR FRICKEN CANADIAN BENCH PLAYERS!!!!
Yes, it's true, Hemming was probably the most impressive player for us 2night...
And im confident ROSENLUND can out play: Harmse, Robbo, Robert

Fact:
Tyronne > Wynne > Hemming > Brennan > James > Velez > Attoya-Gyan > Dunivant

Fact:
Guevara > Ricketts > Edu > Rosenlund > Robert > Robbo > Melo > Harmse > Gala

Well I agree, although the game against Montreal was good. But today, was it me or was there a shit load of new people? Around me at least.

But in the same time, how can we get excited? The team never scores or play entertaining. Once the ball goes in, people will wake up as usual.

smeghead
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
u cant have my tickets. im just gonna burn em.

boban
08-03-2008, 06:39 PM

Reality check.

Carver's a great coach at managing personalitys and a par for the league coach at tactics.
They're trying to ditch Cunningham but have to play him cause they have no choice at the the moment and are PRAYING he might do something to give them some trade value.
The grass issue isn't solely up to MLSE. It's called bureaucratic red tape and unless you've lived in your mom's basement all your life you may have heard of it.

Fair weather fans (ie thread starter) are the ones who bitch and moan and make pointless threats when the chips are down. They then wave flags and claim to be die-hard supporters when championships are finally won.
Reality check.

Chicago won the league in their 1st year.
Florida Panthers (NHL) made the finals in their first year.
While I am not saying anything of that nature, its safe to say that a more
competitive team was expected.
If Mo can't get the players to come and play (which he's having trouble) then he should step aside and MLSE should find someone who can influence them to do so.
Carver is only coaching here because he's a subject of the queen who needed a job.
The problems of this team are WAAAYY bigger than Cunningham.
The grass issue will be settled in the near future, which MLSE should of found a solution to before btw.
Real fans are not led like sheep. This is not like the other major sports on this continent, fans actually can persuade ownership (if done right). And you persuade while there is still time and not wait til its to late. Act not react.

Oldtimer
08-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Old timer who are you to call me a fan and not a supported.

I went to columbus, and montreal. I go to every game. I watch every game.

I am just sick and tired of this BUSH LEAUGE SOCCER.

I commiserate, but we need to support the team through their problems.

boban
08-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Yawn.

windsorlad111
08-03-2008, 06:44 PM
for the next game I am going to have the ticket barcode tattooed on my arse.

dag
08-03-2008, 06:49 PM
I paid for my tickets last November. Unlike some other posters to this board, I recognised long ago that Toronto wasn't going to make the playoffs this year. Today's game demonstrated the futility of this expectation.

But there are many reasons why I am at BMO Field each game, and will continue to be for the remainder of this season, and for as long as I am able to tickets to future seasons. I don't equate myself with Leaf fans, and I haven't drunk the ML$E koolaid. But I will continue to be there for my club.

MUFC_Niagara
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM

unless they:

- Officially anounce that TFC will be playing on REAL GRASS starting next season.

Me and my group will be writing a lengthy email to TFC admin on tues. regarding the blatant disregard of TFC fans that demand and deserve a quality team on the pitch.

I know some will disagree with my stance. Thou you have to admit DRASTIC changes need to be made with this team on and off the pitch before this team become the laughing stock of MLS and the soccer world in general.

I know after todays performance that backlash I mentioned after Montreal's Canada Cup win will begin NOW.

Forget T-shirts

JUST STAY HOME...

Remember if you decide to stay home (don't give your tickets away) make sure your seat is empty.
It defeats to purpose if you replace yourself with someone else to suck the tit of MLSE.

You're a tit....support your club you whinger!

DOMIN8R
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
G e t a g r i p F o l k s, p l e a s e.

Yes. Times are bad. I love this team. All of it. All of the time. So yes, I breath, sleep and shit disapointment. Despite what some may think and say, it will get better.

Davenport
08-03-2008, 06:56 PM
It's not going to change soon......shit pitch, crap GM (everyone he's picked up has been unwanted or let go by his club), and tight ownership who will do just enough to keep fans interested in buying tickets and beer but no more.

TFC-4-Life
08-03-2008, 07:02 PM
What happened to Toronto Til I Die?

Stryker
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Indeed.

Batman
08-03-2008, 07:05 PM

Toronto till we Lose a Few
Toronto till we Lose a Few
I know I am, I'm sure I am,
Toronto Till we Lose a Few!

Jay P
08-03-2008, 07:06 PM
we only sing when we're winning

Stryker
08-03-2008, 07:11 PM
If Mo can't get the players to come and play (which he's having trouble) then he should step aside and MLSE should find someone who can influence them to do so.

Yes Im sure Sir Alex Ferguson has been waiting by the phone for weeks.

Carver is only coaching here because he's a subject of the queen who needed a job.
Complete rubbish.

The grass issue will be settled in the near future, which MLSE should of found a solution to before btw.
Will it? You know this how?

Real fans are not led like sheep. This is not like the other major sports on this continent, fans actually can persuade ownership (if done right). And you persuade while there is still time and not wait til its to late. Act not react.
If you're so sure than have at it mate.

london_tfc_fan
08-03-2008, 07:12 PM
[quote=poppamidnight;119693]

I quite enjoyed the way he played the problem wasnt him it was the lack of quality service and plz dont talk out ur ass about barrett he's played with these guys for maybe 3 days so chill out!!!!!!!!

true and id say robert cuz robbo is a brilliant distributer of the ball as well as a brick wall on defence a la his tackle in the box on Abe thompson

true Tyler Hemming has more natural talent than any other canadian we have excluding maybe Jimmy. played with him here in london and he was amazing

Mark in Ottawa
08-03-2008, 07:14 PM
A team in its second year of existence playing badly? Some surprise!
An organization that does not own its own stadium, playing to sold out crowds with a waiting list... likely to listen to disgruntled fans? Not likely.

Go to the games and cheer the team on. Rant here on the boards that you want changes... the team is listening and is trying to improve. Unfortunately some players refuse to play here on the turf.

To hit em where it hurts stop providing them with $$. Go to the games but do not spend any extra $$ there for concessions or team kits/souvenirs/paraphenalia.

Silent crowds will hurt them more than the lack of bums in the seats.

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 07:16 PM

unless they:

Forget T-shirts

JUST STAY HOME...

For fuck's sake, grow up. If you want to support a team that wins every week, subscibe to MUFC.TV.
Yes I'm frustrated as hell, and yes I question many decisons made but that biased twat in yellow cost us that match today- plain and simple.
Yes we were poor, and deserved a draw at best, but get real. Supporting a team means putting up with the lows and occasional highs. I'll take 2 of your tickets if you don't want them.

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM

Reality check.

Hey Chuckles.
Back off on the name calling.
This guy is a GOOD guy and when the team was brand new, was the ONLY group getting 110 singing.

Super
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
We should support the team through thick and thin. Also, I differentiate between the players, coach/manager and the front office/MLSE as well. The players I'll always support. I saw some pretty damn frustrated players out there on the pitch today, and no doubt they are hurting worse than us right now. But as far as MLSE and the TFC front office goes: fuck off! The friendship between the supporters and the suits at the club is officially over.

jayeden
08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Chuckles.
Back off on the name calling.
This guy is a GOOD guy and when the team was brand new, was the ONLY group getting 110 singing.

this guys a fuck tard - you can be categorized along with him if you share his point of view - ready to give up his tickets and not go to games just becuase the team is losing? i know leafs fans more loyal than this twat.

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
this guys a fuck tard - you can be categorized along with him is you share his point of view - ready to give up his tickets and not go to games just becuase the team is losing? i know leafs fans more loyal than this twat.

Never said I agreed with him, Just said to back off on the name calling.
Shows your intelligence in calling him names and then attacking me with the comment.
Pathetic.

adampz
08-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Enough of the name calling/arguing. We can all agree this is a dumb thread, cant a mod just close it?

jayeden
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Never said I agreed with him, Just said to back off on the name calling.
Shows your intelligence in calling him names and then attacking me with the comment.
Pathetic.

your standing up for the guy saying just becuase he opens his mouth in 110 we should not call him a name for saying ridiculous shit and sharing his redundant and BS point of view- and i never said you sahred it, i said IF you did.

so regardless whether he was one of the few people in 110 to sing, he clearly does not support the team is hes ready to boycott and not go to games - which is total bs anyways, as he will without a doubt be at the next game

if he really is a seasons ticket holder, he should give them up right now to someone on here with a brain and some real passion

jayeden
08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Enough of the name calling/arguing. We can all agree this is a dumb thread, cant a mod just close it?

seconded.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 07:51 PM
People can do what they want. If you want to stay home, that is your way of showing your displeasure.

I myself, I will continue going to the game in the hopes that my singing for the team and taunting of the other team is that one little things that helps the team get over their hump. It may not be the case, but I could not live with myself if I didn't try.

I pay my money to watch the game yes...but I go to support my team.

If my team is shit...I will demand that they improve...but I will continue supporting the team.

And for me...that means being at the games.

If we are not there through thick and thin...then we are just fairweather fans, quite literally.

Toronto Till I Die.

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
seconded.

Pffft.
And yet you are the one throwing insults around.

lintberg
08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry, one bad stretch will not make me walk out on the team I support.

Ditto!

jayeden
08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Pffft.
And yet you are the one throwing insults around.

yup. only becuase i can, if the thread was closed to begin with then i would be satisfied seeing a group rep agrees that this guys attitude and opion isnt something we need to hear/argue about. and furthermore wouldnt have had to read you sticking up for him while people say to him what he deserves.

adampz
08-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Pffft.
And yet you are the one throwing insults around. Can we just stop?

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Today was a rough day guys...

As Toronto fans, we are a minority in this city...let's not turn on each other...we are gonna need it if this team really is going to go through a prolonged rough patch. If we are supporters of Toronto FC, they are going to need us.

All of us. Together.

jwfm1985
08-03-2008, 08:04 PM
People can do what they want. If you want to stay home, that is your way of showing your displeasure.

I myself, I will continue going to the game in the hopes that my singing for the team and taunting of the other team is that one little things that helps the team get over their hump. It may not be the case, but I could not live with myself if I didn't try.

I pay my money to watch the game yes...but I go to support my team.

If my team is shit...I will demand that they improve...but I will continue supporting the team.

And for me...that means being at the games.

If we are not there through thick and thin...then we are just fairweather fans, quite literally.

Toronto Till I Die.

:hump: Agreed

def fret
last 2 threads I read, Adampz asked to have 'em closed. Why even open up here, buddy?
close this!

jwfm1985
Today was a rough day guys...

As Toronto fans, we are a minority in this city...let's not turn on each other...we are gonna need it if this team really is going to go through a prolonged rough patch. If we are supporters of Toronto FC, they are going to need us.

All of us. Together.

I wish all posters had this sense of rationality

Canadian Blue
08-03-2008, 08:07 PM

Making a statement by not showing up to games until the management makes some solid player moves does not change that some in "Toronto until they die". What is does show is that they are willing to miss something that they are very passionate about to simply make the point that we are npt pawns to be taken advantage of. If you want some of the best supporters in the league week in and week out maybe making an effort to field a decent team would be the first step.

Although I think Barrett will be good for TFC but seriously tunring down McBride at a time when we are hurting for strikers is crazy. We should have taken him for this season and them trader him to Chicago for the exact same thing we just got.

Kooper
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
WE ARE AN EXPANSION TEAM!! How is it that everyone continually forgets this simple fact.

It is going to take a few seasons before we win anything. It will take patience from the fans so we aren't pressuring the team to buy the next doug gilmore as a hope to quell the fan revolt. Carver and Mo are building with the draft with a core of experienced veterans.

The last thing the team needs is a bunch of fans trying to get short term gains at the expense of a long term future.

adamdz
08-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Please post your tickets in the ticket trader, thanks.

adampz
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
last 2 threads I read, Adampz asked to have 'em closed. Why even open up here, buddy?
close this! When I see the same arguments over and over, and the topic of the thread gets changed, I think the thread might as well be closed. Thats just my opinion though, and probably why im not a moderator

Steve-Tor
08-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Reality check.

Florida Panthers (NHL) made the finals in their first year.

Think you need a reality check mate.

windsorlad111
08-03-2008, 08:17 PM
not taking McBride was a gaff. We could easily make use of a proven tough player and someone who would have given us some decent press exposure to the US soccer market. I've got a good feeling from Barrett though just from what I saw today. I think he can do well.

I won't boycott my seats. i go to BMO to have a laugh and enjoy my season seat, and that's what I do. i will however exercise my right to boo a piece-of-shit performance by a substandard team. It may not be the players' fault, but that is the forum I pay my money to be in, and where I can be heard.

I won't be diluting my support, I will be supporting this team forever or until it goes under and I'll be damned if I'll let the latter happen.

arbogast
08-03-2008, 08:18 PM
we're an expansion team and shouldn't expect much, true, but as paying customers, we're spending money on garbage.

I see both sides of the coin and I think both positions are valid

TFC John
08-03-2008, 08:18 PM
In the sun, in the rain,
We will always call your name,
Through the thick, and the thin,
We are loyal til the end,
For the boys on the field
For the boys on the field
Oh we sing and chant the Legend TFC

The game sucked. The Referee's a wanker. But I didn't see anyone out there who wasn't trying to win (well maybe one guy). There was good individual effort just no team cohesiveness. I don't know how you fix that but firing people doesn't make those left behind feel more like a team. It just scares them.

Brooker
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
whats more pathetic, the play on the pitch or the whining on the boards?

suck it up, boys.

god i hope none of the other MLS supporters ever see this thread. it's quite embarassing. beyond soft.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
whats more pathetic, the play on the pitch or the whining on the boards?

suck it up, boys.

god i hope none of the other MLS supporters ever see this thread. it's quite embarassing. beyond soft.

To be fair, this is tame compared to the amount of threads and posts generated after the Montreal match a couple of weeks ago, haha.

Our boys are going through a slump right now. The ship will right itself at some point. One thing is clear though, and that is that losing Dichio has obviously had an effect on them.

- Scott

S_D
08-03-2008, 08:27 PM
We didn't pass on McBride.

McBride had no intention of playing here. His brother/agent said Chicago only. It just so happened that we had the allocation spot to claim him so it was traded to Chicago. Once the trade was worked out McB then signed a contract with Chicago/MLS.

Oldtimer
08-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I am FED UP with the negativity here. It's worse than the actual loss and it's driving me nuts.
I'm going away from this board for a while.
BYE.

Pachuco
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Fuck I can't stand watching this team anymore. Literally. I used to be the only one in 109 standing the entire game, I just have no interest anymore.

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Ok Cya bai

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I can't blame you Oldtimer.

Listen friends...we are all pretty bummed about what happened today.

Let's remember that some of us are just venting.

At the end of the day...most of us will still show up at the next game and cheer our boys on.

Let's give people a little room for frustration.

Also...let's give people some leeway to complain. BUT...that being said...people WILL BE BANNED if they cross the line.

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Fuck I can't stand watching this team anymore. Literally. I used to be the only one in 109 standing the entire game, I just have no interest anymore.

It is fucking frustrating isnt it?

How much are we supposed to take?

Sure, I want to contnue coming to the stadium and singing for the team, and spending money and supporting, but really, I don't want to feel like a stupid patsy for doing so.

reggie
08-03-2008, 08:44 PM
fuck that shit....i'm not going to the next 2 games!!!.
according to carver on sportsnet they are close on dickov...
wow i can hardly contain myself....

Jimmy The Saint
08-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Wish I was a mod....I would close this and ask you all to move on.

Yeesh...it's not like this team is going to be Darby forever; give it a couple of seasons.

(And yeah the Panthers made the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year; but if you look at the 100+ year history of the Cup, I think this is the only time this has happened)

canadian_bhoy
08-03-2008, 08:48 PM
My happiest moment as a Celtic supporter is still when they stopped Rangers from winning 10 titles in a row - which would have been the record. It was the most amazing feeling that day to know that we were the champions.

Since then Celtic has gone on to win numerous league titles, a treble, gone to a european final - but that was still the best.

The best thing about it was knowing that you'd stuck with them through it all - trudged through crap seasons with crap managers/board/players and fans who came and went. For those of us that stuck with it, it meant so much more when we were champions.

Hell, I wish we weren't crap - and I wish we didn't have to see that god awful performance today, but the night is darkest before the dawn - there will be many dark days, but when we get it right - when we win, It will be the sweetest thing you've ever tasted.

Toronto Till I Die.

Steve-Tor
08-03-2008, 08:50 PM
(And yeah the Panthers made the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year; but if you look at the 100+ year history of the Cup, I think this is the only time this has happened)

Where do you get this info from?

That is utter nonsense mate:cool:

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:51 PM
My happiest moment as a Celtic supporter is still when they stopped Rangers from winning 10 titles in a row - which would have been the record. It was the most amazing feeling that day to know that we were the champions.

Since then Celtic has gone on to win numerous league titles, a treble, gone to a european final - but that was still the best.

The best thing about it was knowing that you'd stuck with them through it all - trudged through crap seasons with crap managers/board/players and fans who came and went. For those of us that stuck with it, it meant so much more when we were champions.

Hell, I wish we weren't crap - and I wish we didn't have to see that god awful performance today, but the night is darkest before the dawn - there will be many dark days, but when we get it right - when we win, It will be the sweetest thing you've ever tasted.

Toronto Till I Die.

My brother...you speak the truth.

boban
08-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Think you need a reality check mate.
My bad. Point is the team was successful pretty quick.
Thanks for the correction.

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 08:53 PM
My brother...you speak the truth.

I'm a Spurs fan..trust me, I know the "shit"

Still, winning the League Cup against Chelsea this past season, no matter how small or insignificant people think it is...was sweet!!!!

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:53 PM

Toronto Till I Die.

When were Celtic ever being constantly humiliated by every other team in their league, going on long winless streaks and goaldroughts and winding up in the bottom 4?

well?

Steve-Tor
08-03-2008, 08:57 PM
When were Celtic ever being constantly humiliated by every other team in their league, going on long winless streaks and goaldroughts and winding up in the bottom 4?

well?

Happens in my dreams all the time mate:D

kshep
08-03-2008, 08:57 PM

unless they:

Forget T-shirts

JUST STAY HOME...

Good sell me your tickets you part-time supporter/scalper.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:58 PM

well?

You are missing the point.

If we are falling apart here, we are truly a joke as supporters.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:59 PM
This is where we weed out the men from the boys folks. Decide on which side you belong.

kshep

well?

When was it the last time Celtic was only in it's second year of existence?

ExiledRed
You are missing the point.

If we are falling apart here, we are truly a joke as supporters.

Are you crazy?

Did you see how together we were, in our anger?

That's not falling apart, that's being unified in justifed frustration and anger. Maintaining the status quo at this point is counterproductive.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Are you crazy?

Did you see how together we were, in our anger?

That's not falling apart, that's being unified in justifed frustration and anger. Maintaining the status quo at this point is counterproductive.

I am not saying accepting the status quo.

But there is a difference between demanding improvement and dumping on the team.

There are a few posts here that only show a fairweather support.

And no...I didn't see how unified you were. I am only speaking about what is happening on this board.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
If you don't feel like you can support the team, then leave the SUPPORTERS GROUP and become a couch sitting fan, or one of the people that show up to BMO in your street clothes, clap when someone makes an attempt on goal, and leaves early because he doesn't want to spend the extra 30 minutes in traffic.

I can't stand people who come on here and want to boycott the club, this isn't a bitching group this is a supporters group, you don't like what we do, don't join

nuff said

TFC for life

Phil
08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
wow, just wow.

Closing.

If there is a problem with this, let me know but all I see is a massive fight coming on about things that have already been fought about.