PDA

View Full Version : The General called back into the USMNT.

Red CB Toronto
10-01-2018, 02:33 PM
The roster was released for the United State's upcoming October friendlies. Michael has been called back into the fold for the first time since that disaster of a night last October when the US failed to qualify for the World Cup. No Jozy, Alex or Delgado this time. Wonder if Jozy had not pulled up lame this past weekend a callup was in the cards?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DocfiDxUYAEZNhw.jpg

OgtheDim
10-01-2018, 02:39 PM
USMNT twitter is having a meltdown. They have absolutely no concept of "older squad member as teacher".

Joe Kool
10-01-2018, 02:42 PM
USMNT twitter is having a meltdown. They have absolutely no concept of "older squad member as teacher".

Haha. I don't go on social media much but when I saw the title of this thread I thought some people are going to lose their minds. I take it by your post that they are.

Red CB Toronto
10-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Hopefully is he set free after the first game so he free to play for the Reds at DC. Guess it will all come down to how this weekend goes for TFC vs. the Whitecaps.

OgtheDim
10-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Haha. I don't go on social media much but when I saw the title of this thread I thought some people are going to lose their minds. I take it by your post that they are.

Its either - "Anybody who was in Trinidad (other then a European based player) should never be on this team again!!!!!!!!!"

or

"He's been playing bad for TFC"

The latter is being seen among what I call the pseudo MLS punditry - people who don't follow MLS minutely & tend to look at results & highlights(if that) for teams they are not watching.

Omar
10-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Interesting call-up. I didn't think that Sarachan would go back to one of the former regime's leaders, but I guess that's a sign that he might be getting a more permanent role in the national team. That midfield needed Bradley, anyways. They lacked composure when building up attacks and were rushing too many of their attacks. As much as I don't rate him anchoring the midfield, he can still build up attacks from deep and offer that young team the leadership it needs.

Voodooman
10-02-2018, 07:40 AM
https://twitter.com/JozyAltidore/status/1046903016299712512

Jozy just enticing these trolls more is quite funny too.

ag futbol
10-02-2018, 09:01 AM
The entitlement of the USMNT fan base is rather hilarious. They seem to be diluted into thinking they are much better than they are. As if you can just throw Bradley in the garbage and seemlessly move on.

OgtheDim
10-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Well that and most people have no clue what a midfielder does.

ag futbol
10-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Well that and most people have no clue what a midfielder does.
In his DM role especially.

Personally I think he’s a tad past his best years but still incredible out there. I am shocked he never fullly caught on in Europe.

He got brief plaudits league wide while playing for Roma but never really cemented himself the way I might have expected. He should have been a fixture starting for a good team in Europe for the better part of a decade.