PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 31 - Vancouver @ TFC Sat October 6 5pm The Past is Gaining Ground

OgtheDim
10-01-2018, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSkrhQiwFcE

Have at It People

Auzzy
10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
It seems like we've met lots of teams with brand new (permanent or temporary) coaches this season...

Voodooman
10-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Thats true. Didn't really think of it. Well, Kamara always seems to do good versus us. Lets just have a repeat of CCL

Derko
10-02-2018, 10:13 AM
I really don't care how many goals we give up, as long as we score more than Vancouver. Is the GO train running regular schedule in and out of the Exhibition?

paul-collins
10-02-2018, 10:47 AM
I really don't care how many goals we give up, as long as we score more than Vancouver. Is the GO train running regular schedule in and out of the Exhibition?
Same weekend diversions as the last two... hourly trains from LSE and they depart on the :43s (at the same time as the LSW trains are scheduled, so watch the departure boards)

SirBobSaget
10-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Same weekend diversions as the last two... hourly trains from LSE and they depart on the :43s (at the same time as the LSW trains are scheduled, so watch the departure boards)

This weekend is an exception actually, will be regular schedule.

https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/go-service-updates/train-schedule-changes
For nine weekends this fall, there will be several service adjustments on the line while we take portions of track out of service and restore six century-old bridges. Weekend trains will run hourly, bypassing Mimico and Exhibition. Train service will be available between Union and Exhibition.

The scheduled weekends are:

September 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30
October 13-14, 20-21, 27-28
November 24-25
December 1-2

paul-collins
10-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Oh! Guess they're giving the bridge and track workers Thanksgiving weekend off.

samuraizero
10-03-2018, 02:07 PM
This weekend is an exception actually, will be regular schedule

Thank F'ing god. What a disaster that has been. Logic would dictate they should get some big 'ole lights and work on it over night.. Y'know - when local service isnt running.
But then, Toronto has never been good at logic have they?

OgtheDim
10-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Well some of us are going to the game but I suspect the crowd will be light.

FootBallAZ
10-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Won't be able to make to the game. Ugh

notthesun
10-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Absolute nightmare season for Bono. That has to be saved.

bigredone
10-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Bring back Doneil? Would it be an upgrade?

ag futbol
10-06-2018, 04:27 PM
This team is playing like “is the season over yet ?”

DIEHARDTFC
10-06-2018, 04:41 PM
They've mentioned the atmosphere in the stadium twice now..

OgtheDim
10-06-2018, 05:06 PM
It's not what it has been but the atmosphere is better than 2014 by a bit. This is the new base here today.

OgtheDim
10-06-2018, 05:09 PM
As for the game, been awhile since we've seen two not very good teams playing. The pitch isn't helping. But at least the pre game fireworks didn't kill anybody - although they tried.

ag futbol
10-06-2018, 05:30 PM
They are giving Auro flack but he did the right thing there. He waited for a hole, when none developed he fired it at the best option he had.

Sounds like Canada is tracking Ricardo Ferreira.

Leedsoronto
10-06-2018, 05:30 PM
Holding a talk show half way thru a game is so fucked up.

Eastend
10-06-2018, 05:31 PM
They do this everytime Herdman is at a game.

Annoying.

SirBobSaget
10-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Holding a talk show half way thru a game is so fucked up. Ya 2-5 mins, fine. Herdman droning off on philosopies non stop for like 15 damn minutes.

ag futbol
10-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Holding a talk show half way thru a game is so fucked up.
Sure fire sign they know the season is over.

Leedsoronto
10-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Ya 2-5 mins, fine. Herdman droning off on philosopies non stop for like 15 damn minutes.

5 mins at HT is fine, what they did today and done previously is just messed up for sure

ag futbol
10-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Let that be the last time we see VDW at CB. Not a good outing.

Leedsoronto
10-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Ha ha Henry

Straight out of the Caldwell “school of wavey arm ballon man” defending book Lol

ag futbol
10-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Ha ha Henry

Straight out of the Caldwell “school of wavey arm ballon man” defending book Lol
Don’t laugh, the people who “taught” him how to defend still work for TFCA.

Amir.
10-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Its the Doneil Henry classic once again

FIAF
10-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Hopefully they don't invite herdman again geee

ag futbol
10-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Hagglund lost Kamara there. And kai has been playing well, but got damn the whitecaps are tactically dour.

SoccMan2
Haglund is my hero lol!! My dream defence would be Haglund and Henry as my two center backs lol!

notthesun
Hagglund is an absolute donkey marking opponents. He looked over his shoulder THREE times watching Kamara run in behind him then just inexplicably stops and ball watches at the crucial moment. He and Zavaleta have fallen so hard.

Leedsoronto
10-06-2018, 05:54 PM
Don’t laugh, the people who “taught” him how to defend still work for TFCA.

Ah yeh, see what u mean now !!

SoccMan2
10-06-2018, 05:59 PM
A disgrace of a season the worst collapse ever in MLS history going from the best season ever to this garbage !!

SoccMan2
10-06-2018, 06:07 PM
Bye! Bye!

69Chevy396
10-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Bye! Bye!

We had a great 2016 and 2017. However, MLSE mgmt miscalculated when assuming they would repeat with the same players. There were so many close games in 2017, where the bench players stepped in, and made a difference. I am referring to Hassler, Edwards, Ricketts. Morrow had a great year. Mavinga was a wall. Moor was a monster. Bono was great.
Compare that with 2018. No Hassler, no Edwards (remember those terrific crosses), no Beitishour, Morrow half the player, no Moor, Mavinga hurt all the time, Vaz same, Delgado useless, Ricketts, useless, Zavaletta and Hagglund...are you joking? Osorio...great before he signs a contract....Only Seba, Bradley and Altidore played to their potential,when not injured.....Bono....forget about him.....Frankly, this was not a good team, notwithstanding the ccl debacle......I see a 5 year rebuild

OgtheDim
10-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Random things.
Mavinga is not 100 %. Bradley emergency defense was good. His passing was not so good. The media message right now is the team liked urgency. I didn't see that. I saw a lot of mistakes but a lot of urgency. The defence was actually better than it has been. VDW didn't need to make that foul. Seba yelling at people is good in my books. Hagglund is not good enough. Auro is good on defense but the guy needs to do things quicker with the ball. Janson is Chad Barret until he shows otherwise.

Hamilton_Red
10-06-2018, 07:01 PM
That was us losing to a shite team that just fired their manager at home when it counted. It would be way too much of a risk just to say that they could have used a rest. There needs to be some substantial changes in order to be a MLS powerhouse. We were 1 1/2 season wonders.

pfk
10-06-2018, 07:42 PM
This game encapsulated all that was wrong with the team this year: Poor defending, woeful passing, not being able to convert goals, and bad subs (Hagglund for Vazquez?). There was a real lack of urgency out there.

Did anyone else notice Seba yelling at VdW after his first yellow? He seemed to let the Caps forward way too much space and then ran at him. Not sure what was going on, but there seemed to be unhappy players on the pitch.

stevep
10-06-2018, 08:44 PM
that Vancouver team is crap. we absolutely controlled the first half, wave after wave of attack
delgado cost the first goal with his giveaway in the vancouver end, he typically does that a few times per game
jansen can't finish, bono should have stopped that goal, he has cost us quite a few games this year
gio was terrible today, like he wasnt trying, like he didn't want to get an injury on this crappy field before italy games.
osorio was invisible today. auro took forever on that vasquez pass.
before the game started our odds to win this game was 72%. that is as high as it gets. incomprehensible that we could lose this game today
almost like it was done on purpose

matteo30
10-06-2018, 09:41 PM
that Vancouver team is crap. we absolutely controlled the first half, wave after wave of attack
delgado cost the first goal with his giveaway in the vancouver end, he typically does that a few times per game
jansen can't finish, bono should have stopped that goal, he has cost us quite a few games this year
gio was terrible today, like he wasnt trying, like he didn't want to get an injury on this crappy field before italy games.
osorio was invisible today. auro took forever on that vasquez pass.
before the game started our odds to win this game was 72%. that is as high as it gets. incomprehensible that we could lose this game today
almost like it was done on purpose

Common Man they don't tank games on purpose they were trying to win this from the start. They haven't had the luck or health throughout the season the amount of injuries is not the only excuse Beita Hasler and Edwards were all quality

I never understood these 3 being dealt. All were quality players and helped in the midfield...

OgtheDim
10-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Two other things that REALLY bugged me about that experience tonight

a) Inebreatti in the North end

b) those freaking fireworks could have SERIOUSLY hurt somebody tonight and NOBODY in the media is discussing that.

Think about this for a moment

Fireworks, set off BY MLSE PAID FOR CONTRACTORS, going off at the same freaking height as the kids holding the centre circle BMO thing, scaring the SHIT out of them.

But, hey, no mention by TFC journos on twitter and nothing in the stories.

Why is NOBODY talking about this, even in passing?!?!?!

I'm not being freaking alarmist, I'm being freaking outraged because the team are DAMN lucky nobody got hurt on national TV.

You want to ban people for flares? No problem.

You bring in supposed professionals who do THE ALMOST EXACT SAME SHIT!?!?!?! FIRE THEIR ASSES!

Tell you what, if this had been RPB kids family night, can you imagine people in here being OK with that dangerous unprofessional nonsense?

TFC1154ever
10-06-2018, 11:07 PM
They are giving Auro flack but he did the right thing there. He waited for a hole, when none developed he fired it at the best option he had.

Sounds like Canada is tracking Ricardo Ferreira.

I was at the game. What did he say about Ricardo Ferreira?

ag futbol
10-07-2018, 01:34 AM
I was at the game. What did he say about Ricardo Ferreira?
Well they goaded Herdman to say who he was going after next. It started with “nobody we’ll talk about today” then devlolved into a bunch of Portuguese references. So reading between the lines there a bit ...

magmadragon
10-07-2018, 02:08 AM
I honestly thought I was imagining things with the fireworks, but yeah, it fucking happened. So was one of the fireworks not burning out up high and then dropped near the parachute kids?

noimpactinmtl
10-07-2018, 09:30 AM
It’s also no coincidence that the two biggest media outlets also have shares in TFC’s parent company.

Prof
10-07-2018, 07:00 PM
It was nice to hear the Innebriati in the north end. Otherwise, the stadium was eerily quiet.

stevep
10-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Common Man they don't tank games on purpose they were trying to win this from the start. They haven't had the luck or health throughout the season the amount of injuries is not the only excuse Beita Hasler and Edwards were all quality

I never understood these 3 being dealt. All were quality players and helped in the midfield...

It sure looked like they did. Certain players were not into the game. ie giovinco and osorio. especially giovinco
Can Bono really be this bad?? I am starting to suspect he let in many of these easy stops this season on purpose.
can't prove it but neither can you disprove it

Before the game started Vancouver had an 8% chance of winning this game as determined by the betting public.

jozy said lightning has struck 400 times this season. that doesn't happen. probability of that happening is infintesimally small