PDA

View Full Version : Canada vs. Dominica - Oct 16 - BMO Field ($17 RPB Tickets)

CountryoverClub
09-29-2018, 03:14 PM
Join the Voyageurs, RPB and, the offensive powerhouse, Canada on Oct 16th at BMO

Osorio (TFC, MLS), The Atiba Hutchinson (Besiktas), Arfield (Rangers), Junior Hoillet (Cardiff, EPL), Tabla (Barcelona), Larin (Besiktas), Davies (Bayern Munich), Cavalline (Peubla, LigaMX), Milar (Liverpool) and the gang take on Dominica in League of Nations match up.

We are going to fill the net, a night to remember for football fans in Toronto.

TICKETS - https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/category/5-canada-vs-dominica-voyageurs-tickets/

:canada::flare:

Defoe
09-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Join the Voyageurs, RPB and, the offensive powerhouse, Canada on Oct 16th at BMO

Osorio (TFC, MLS), The Atiba Hutchinson (Besiktas), Arfield (Rangers), Junior Hoillet (Cardiff, EPL), Tabla (Barcelona), Larin (Besiktas), Davies (Bayern Munich), Cavalline (Peubla, LigaMX), Milar (Liverpool) and the gang take on Dominica in League of Nations match up.

TICKETS - https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/category/5-canada-vs-dominica-voyageurs-tickets/

The Canadian team is getting very good

-------Larin-Cavalini
Davies-Arfield-Tabla-Hoilett
--------Hutchinson

Love that offence and midfield!

ag futbol
09-29-2018, 04:38 PM
I would rather push Larin to the bench. Make more room for the speedy guys and Cavalinni starts.

I think Davies is a lock for the left side. On the right Millar or Tabla. Obviously Hoilett has to play, just not sure how to shoe horn him in. He does a fair amount of defensive work in the premier league. If he could adapt to more of a midfield role they would be useful. Hutchinson is going to retired by the time the next WC comes up... but should have some sort of role.

—————--Cavalinni———-
Davies———Osorio———Tabla
———Piette——arfield———-
Pylon—-pylon—-pylon—-pylon
——————Bojan—————

OgtheDim
09-29-2018, 04:45 PM
But that defence...ugh.

Omar
09-29-2018, 10:39 PM
The defence does require some work, but it should get better in the future. I do hope that Adekugbe gets minutes. I find him to be our best defender in the team.

Fort York Redcoat
09-30-2018, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the thread.:canada:

If you haven't yet, check out the concacaf nations site to see how they are hyping this tournament.

https://www.concacafnationsleague.com/en

CountryoverClub
10-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Roster announced, much to be excited about include the return of Atiba, debut for Tabla (Barca) and Busti (Juve), and a gang of TFC outfielders.

CANADA
13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
8- M- Scott Arfield | SCO / Glasgow Rangers FC
9- F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
10- M- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
19- F- Lucas Cavallini | MEX / Puebla FC
22- GK- Alessandro Busti | ITA / Juventus FC U-23
23- M- Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla | ESP / FC Barcelona B
20- F- Jonathan David | BEL / KAA Gent
14- W- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC U-23
12- W- Alphonso Davies | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
21- M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
16- M- Jay Chapman | CAN / Toronto FC
11- F- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Toronto FC
17- FB- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
2- FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | FRA / Olympique Lyonnais
3- CB- Manjrekar James | DEN / FC Fredericia
4- CB- Derek Cornelius | SRB / FK Javor Ivanjica
15- CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
5- CB- David Edgar | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC
6- M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
7- M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
18- GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Impact de Montréal
1- GK- Simon Thomas | NOR / Kongsvinger IL

Story: https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-adds-youth-talent-from-top-international-clubs-for-october-match-in-toronto-p161835-preview-1

$17 RPB Tickets (all in): https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/9-canada-vs-dominica-114-voyageurs/

paul-collins
10-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Roster announced, much to be excited about include the return of Atiba, debut for Tabla (Barca) and Busti (Juve), and a gang of TFC outfielders.

CANADA
13- M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
8- M- Scott Arfield | SCO / Glasgow Rangers FC
9- F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
10- M- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
19- F- Lucas Cavallini | MEX / Puebla FC
22- GK- Alessandro Busti | ITA / Juventus FC U-23
23- M- Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla | ESP / FC Barcelona B
20- F- Jonathan David | BEL / KAA Gent
14- W- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC U-23
12- W- Alphonso Davies | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
21- M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
16- M- Jay Chapman | CAN / Toronto FC
11- F- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Toronto FC
17- FB- Ashtone Morgan | CAN / Toronto FC
2- FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | FRA / Olympique Lyonnais
3- CB- Manjrekar James | DEN / FC Fredericia
4- CB- Derek Cornelius | SRB / FK Javor Ivanjica
15- CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
5- CB- David Edgar | CAN / Ottawa Fury FC
6- M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
7- M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
18- GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Impact de Montréal
1- GK- Simon Thomas | NOR / Kongsvinger IL

Story: https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-adds-youth-talent-from-top-international-clubs-for-october-match-in-toronto-p161835-preview-1

$17 RPB Tickets (all in): https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/9-canada-vs-dominica-114-voyageurs/
4 TFC, 3 VWFC, 2 IMFC. Can't say MLS is too, too bad for the national team setup... And for all their vaunted "Canadian Content" the Fury supply only Edgar.

CountryoverClub
10-02-2018, 10:37 AM
BTW > direct paypal link to buy tickets is now up on the Vee's homepage (no need to sign up for the sign to buy now)

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/

rydermike
10-02-2018, 11:29 AM
I would rather push Larin to the bench. Make more room for the speedy guys and Cavalinni starts.

I think Davies is a lock for the left side. On the right Millar or Tabla. Obviously Hoilett has to play, just not sure how to shoe horn him in. He does a fair amount of defensive work in the premier league. If he could adapt to more of a midfield role they would be useful. Hutchinson is going to retired by the time the next WC comes up... but should have some sort of role.

—————--Cavalinni———-
Davies———Osorio———Tabla
———Piette——arfield———-
Pylon—-pylon—-pylon—-pylon
——————Bojan—————

Against the US Virgin Islands, we played with two defenders. I could see him doing that again to score a ton of goals, even though personally I feel you should just use the regular formation, so that when we play an actual decent team, the guys know the formation

OgtheDim
10-02-2018, 11:54 AM
The problem with not going all out offence is we want to get into League A with all the big boys - that means top 6 of all teams. We need to score upwards of 6 goals a game to ensure that.

Jamaica isn't in that top 6 after only a 4-0 win.

CountryoverClub
10-02-2018, 12:11 PM
The problem with not going all out offence is we want to get into League A with all the big boys - that means top 6 of all teams. We need to score upwards of 6 goals a game to ensure that.

This should be a fun night for footy fans in Toronto. Mega talent mixed with all out offensive tactics to assure we get into League A.

FootBallAZ
10-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Am I allowed to get this price ?

CountryoverClub
10-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Am I allowed to get this price ?

Yes sir, you and all RPB alike! See links above. No special code required.

Omar
10-02-2018, 09:55 PM
I don't really get the Morgan and Ricketts call-ups, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get involved in the match against Dominica.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Busti and Ballou Tabla get cap-tied to us. We need to retain our top talent, and I'm happy to see more young, talented Canadians play for us instead of other countries.

Omar
10-02-2018, 09:55 PM
Yes sir, you and all RPB alike! See links above. No special code required.
Well, I wish I didn't buy a ticket from Ticketmaster once it got announced, but since I'll be at 115, I should be able to provide some support without sticking out like a sore thumb.

rydermike
10-03-2018, 01:27 PM

4 solid wins should probably be enough to get through, once some of the winning teams face off against each other. For example, Haiti and Cuba are 1st and 2nd right now with +13 and +11, but they face each other in Matchday 4 meaning we will pass one of them (unless we lose one of our games, and to be honest, if even come close to losing a game against these opponents, we don't deserve to be in League A)

kodiakTFC
10-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Bought 10. :canada:

Initial B
10-03-2018, 06:39 PM
4 solid wins should probably be enough to get through, once some of the winning teams face off against each other. For example, Haiti and Cuba are 1st and 2nd right now with +13 and +11, but they face each other in Matchday 4 meaning we will pass one of them (unless we lose one of our games, and to be honest, if even come close to losing a game against these opponents, we don't deserve to be in League A)
Remember, both the Haiti and Cuba wins were at *home*. Canada won 8-0 *away*, which was the highest score among away teams. I think you'll find teams playing hard at home for goals and more cautious away and the scores won't be as high.

SirBobSaget
10-03-2018, 11:11 PM
I don't really get the Morgan and Ricketts call-ups, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get involved in the match against Dominica.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Busti and Ballou Tabla get cap-tied to us. We need to retain our top talent, and I'm happy to see more young, talented Canadians play for us instead of other countries.

Feeling those call ups are a mix of getting some senior respected leader players involved while keeping costs in check because they don't need to be flown in and housed.

SirBobSaget
10-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Against the US Virgin Islands, we played with two defenders. I could see him doing that again to score a ton of goals, even though personally I feel you should just use the regular formation, so that when we play an actual decent team, the guys know the formation

Its going to be the same, 2 CBs possibly even having Hutchinson back there as a deep laying playmaker with the physical Henry then 2 attacking wingbacks and Piette snuffing out the danger as a DM.

Red CB Toronto
10-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Have my ticket, looking forward to it.

CountryoverClub
10-08-2018, 09:35 PM
$17 RPB/Voyageurs ticket deadline is mid night tomorrow (Tuesday).

Camp opened today at the Nottawasaga Inn.

https://twitter.com/canadasocceren/status/1049472150955089926?s=21

MightyDM
10-08-2018, 10:15 PM
The poor buggers from IATSE are still locked out. I can understand season ticket holders for TFC who have already paid for their seats going, but buying new tickets to an event at Exhibition Stadium isn't for me. the only thing the employer will understand is empty seats.

Red4ever
10-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Wouldn't miss this for the world.

So glad Canada is back and we show up in numbers.

Oooh Ahhh

CountryoverClub
10-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Herdman joins Jay and Dan on Side Seats
https://www.tsn.ca/coors-light/video/coors-side-seats-john-herdman~1509108

Herdman joined Sportsnet 590 The FAN to discuss scouting opponents, finding a balance between youth and veterans on his team, selling players on representing Canada, lessons...
https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/herdman-no-time-players-see-canada-stepping-stone/

Tomasz Radzinski, legend, will be honored prior to the match as he enters the Canada Soccer Hall of Fame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lXrIgQtUBw

Red4ever
10-09-2018, 09:32 AM
I just wanted to quote your name cause I love it.

lintberg
10-09-2018, 09:58 AM
I have a pair I can't use and will sell at cost $17 per ticket

kodiakTFC
10-09-2018, 07:04 PM
Where do we see our tickets?

Red CB Toronto
10-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Where do we see our tickets?

I think Jamie will begin sending them out today or tomorrow.

Gringo Starr
10-09-2018, 09:39 PM
The poor buggers from IATSE are still locked out. I can understand season ticket holders for TFC who have already paid for their seats going, but buying new tickets to an event at Exhibition Stadium isn't for me. the only thing the employer will understand is empty seats.

CMNT isn't the employer, just someone caught in the middle just like the fans.

Red4ever
10-10-2018, 07:58 AM

100%

CountryoverClub
10-12-2018, 06:59 AM
https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1050191291177492481

I'm in with 8!

Will the RPB drum be rockin?

JayMolly
10-13-2018, 10:00 AM
Looking forward to the match too.
However, on MLB commercial breaks last night checked out the CFL game at BMO.
Wow the pitch is in terrible shape. Overhead/aerial shots really showed the damage.
At times after a tackle, players were removing grass and dirt from their helmets etc.
BMO ground crews will be working overtime to get the pitch ready for the match on the 16th.

Cas87
10-13-2018, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=JayMolly;1881502]Looking forward to the match too.
However, on MLB commercial breaks last night checked out the CFL game at BMO.
Wow the pitch is in terrible shape. Overhead/aerial shots really showed the damage.
At times after a tackle, players were removing grass and dirt from their helmets etc.
BMO ground crews will be working overtime to get the pitch ready for the match on the 16th

kodiakTFC
10-14-2018, 09:51 AM
I think Jamie will begin sending them out today or tomorrow.

Yep. Got mine.

flamehawk
10-14-2018, 10:09 AM

Doesn't matter, exhibition place is the employer. I actually bought tickets when they first went on sale... another match I will be missing :(

Red4ever
10-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Doesn't matter, exhibition place is the employer. I actually bought tickets when they first went on sale... another match I will be missing :(

Good. The rest of us will enjoy the game.

Mods, please make sure this doesnt turn into another labour vs city shit show. This is getting tiring and off topic.

Oldtimer
10-14-2018, 02:40 PM
Good. The rest of us will enjoy the game.

Mods, please make sure this doesnt turn into another labour vs city shit show. This is getting tiring and off topic.

Any further posts on labour issues will be deleted as off topic. Thanks for your cooperation.

Auzzy
10-16-2018, 08:14 AM
I got two free tickets for this game, section 120, but can only use one, none of the "usual suspects" can make it.

If someone would like a free ticket please let me know ASAP.

FootBallAZ
10-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Are these tickets all sold out ? Can't seem to find them on the site.

izzyzz
10-16-2018, 11:02 AM
50% off Ticketmaster code: CAN241

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/event/100054F0BF1358D3?brand=canadasoccer

Cambassador
10-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Need one more for 112. Anyone?

ag futbol
10-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Well done tonight by the team. You can see some serious potential here.

Just need some more camps to get these guys used to each other. RB from Lyon’s u23 team looks promising. Fast, and came all the way across to same James bacon when he made some poor decisions.

Brandino88
10-16-2018, 09:30 PM
Well done tonight by the team. You can see some serious potential here.

Just need some more camps to get these guys used to each other. RB from Lyon’s u23 team looks promising. Fast, and came all the way across to same James bacon when he made some poor decisions.

Going forward there is alot of potential. I'm very curious to see how the team reacts when they have the game taken to them. Tiebert was nice in the midfield untill he got closer to the final third then he seemed to be a little lost

pfk
10-16-2018, 10:19 PM
The team has a real promising future and they are exciting to watch. There were a number of passing errors and the competition wasn’t much, but there were good performances overall. Osorio was really good tonight and played well with Davies.

The pitch was in bad shape, so it’s good that it’ll be replaced soon.

Initial B
10-17-2018, 07:16 AM
After the last round of games, Canada sits in 3rd behind Curacao and Haiti and ahead of Cuba on goal differential. Our next game is against St Kitts and Nevis, one of the 10 teams at 6 points, The first two matches had the higher ranked versus the lower ranked. The next two matches will see the Higher ranks eat each other and I honestly can't see any of those other nations with teams a good as Canada (except Jamaica). Our last game against French Guyana is going to be tough, because they shockingly lost to St Vincent and the Grenadines 1-0 and will be fighting hard to get back into the fight for League A spots.

Fort York Redcoat
10-21-2018, 08:30 AM
What a fantastic match. Can't wait for Nov 18.