PDA

View Full Version : Quakes edging Galaxy

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Huckerby and Alvarez have both scored and the quakes are up 2-1. Huckerby assisted Alvarez with his goal as well.:eek:

At half, quakes have 9 shots, 5 on goal. That's looking pretty good

This Quakes team looks dangerous now with the addition of all that power up front. they can really provide service and finish it.

LucaGol
08-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I've already said this before...but the Quakes are already a better team than we are. Maybe not yet in the standings...but give it time.

Arturo Alvarez, Lima, Huckerby, Sealy...all brought in recently and all making an impact.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Huckerby and Alvarez have both scored and the quakes are up 2-1. Huckerby assisted Alvarez with his goal as well.:eek:

At half, quakes have 9 shots, 5 on goal. That's looking pretty good

This Quakes team looks dangerous now with the addition of all that power up front. they can really provide service and finish it.

where are all the poeple who laughed huckerby...the aging has been.....no pace....no tallent!!??

Where are you now!!??

OUR PITCH WAS THE REASON HE"S noT HERE!!! WAKE UP MLSE ..and learn from your mistakes!! Get rid of the shit field!!!

I said from day one this guy would score a ton in this league......

Stay tune!....Hucks is on a mission!

ilikemusic
08-03-2008, 08:19 PM
The highlights on MLSnet are really good. The announcer is brilliant too! :D

Nice to see Huckerby, O'brien and Buddle doing so well.

:(

kdzb
08-03-2008, 08:48 PM
QFT
I hope next will be Guevara and Robert who will hit the road to other MLS teams.
We are becoming a joke of the league with our millionaire owner who doesn't want to do the right thing for the team to succeed.
I hear from here the people who are going to start making excuses that BMO is the city proprety. WE KNOW THAT but MLSE can buy it back from the city and lay the fucking grass in. We lost Obrien and Huckerby cause of that and look at them how they are excelling somewhere else.

Kickit09
08-04-2008, 12:46 PM
wow both those guys were just signed by SJ. thats how you do it Mo..... its sad that SJ is going to finish ahead of us this season.

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
QFT
I hope next will be Guevara and Robert who will hit the road to other MLS teams.
We are becoming a joke of the league with our millionaire owner who doesn't want to do the right thing for the team to succeed.
I hear from here the people who are going to start making excuses that BMO is the city proprety. WE KNOW THAT but MLSE can buy it back from the city and lay the fucking grass in. We lost Obrien and Huckerby cause of that and look at them how they are excelling somewhere else.

1) You assume that the City wants to sell it to MLSE, and 2) it is absolutely insane to think that MLSE should be expected to drop the 57-58 million dollars to buy out the stadium (assuming they could even buy it at "cost", and the land for free), just to put grass in.

Of MLSE's sports holdings, Toronto FC is by far the smallest, and obviously the newest. It is wishful thinking to expect them to start dropping that kind of cash willy nilly for a still unproven business investment.

Everyone in the TFC organization, from Mo on down the line, has expressed a desire for grass. The City, however, views it as a year round public facility, and not just TFC's home pitch. Take it up with them.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2008, 01:56 PM
wow both those guys were just signed by SJ. thats how you do it Mo..... its sad that SJ is going to finish ahead of us this season.

We played them to a draw when Huckerby was on the team, not two weeks ago.

You "sky is falling" types give me a headache. San Jose manages to win two games in a row (just like Toronto FC did last season), and all of a sudden they are going to finish better than us.

We know Mo is close to signing an international striker, and we know we will be getting our international call-ups back in a couple of weeks. Chill out.

We were on a hot streak at the beginning of this season, and there is nothing stopping us from doing it again. Even a "lukewarm" streak might be enough to get us into the playoffs.

The team has been troubled by call-ups and injuries, and of course, Cunningham. As a TFC supporter, I have faith that Jimmy B and the rest of them can turn things around. They are clearly as frustrated as the rest of us.

- Scott

rocker
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM

Huckerby chose not to come here... how is that MoJo's fault??

Why do people like you praise the opposition when you want to criticize TFC? It's one thing to criticize TFC (that's fine) but to praise San Jose makes me sick. But maybe you're not a fan of TFC? Closet fan of San Jose? ;)

I would never say San Jose is going to finish ahead of my beloved TFC. That's a loser attitude that gives way too much credit to our sworn enemies, including Huckerby, who spurned us.
Where San Jose finishes at the end of the season will be seen at the end of the season. Don't promote them now.

Kickit09
08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
you "everything is going to be ok" types give me a headache. the team is playing like shit and thats a fact. last time they won a game was june 14th, 12 games ago. and all teams have injuries and call-ups so thats no excuse. and we may have beat SJ before but this SJ is playing a lot better lately.... fact is ,the sky IS falling.

and huckerby isnt mo's fault, but putting all his eggs in one basket is. and we still dont have a DP btw.

Kickit09
08-04-2008, 02:42 PM
wow, so im not a TFC fan if i give another team credit (where credit is due) and tell it like it is. wow give your head a shake.

Shakes McQueen
08-04-2008, 04:24 PM
you "everything is going to be ok" types give me a headache. the team is playing like shit and thats a fact. last time they won a game was june 14th, 12 games ago. and all teams have injuries and call-ups so thats no excuse. and we may have beat SJ before but this SJ is playing a lot better lately.... fact is ,the sky IS falling.

and huckerby isnt mo's fault, but putting all his eggs in one basket is. and we still dont have a DP btw.

You act like they lost all 12 of those games 4-nil, though. It is well known and established that they have had trouble finishing plays and set pieces. Bringing in a player like Dickov will help ease that problem.

Once they bring someone in, and get a few goals, they will likely get some confident swagger back. But losing 1/3 of your team to the Olympics, and injuries, as well as having high profile internationals say no to your club because of the turf, can be deflating for a club.

I'm not delusional about the club's chances this year. I'm not demanding the playoffs like many other people here are. If San Jose happens to get in the playoffs this season, I will attribute it partially to them being in the far weaker conference, and partly due to lucking out on some signings.

Mo is doing what he can. The club is pushing for grass, as is the CMNT. The problem with being in MLS, though, is that you can't just hand pick players, and sign whoever you want, to whatever fee they are asking.

MLSE gave Mo five years to make the club competitive, and he is clearly trying to be patient in acquiring better international players, and making good deals when the OPPORTUNITY presents itself - not just blindly making bad, short term gain deals to make the playoffs this year. Unfortunately it will always be harder for a new franchise, playing in Canada, on a surface that many internationals equate seem to equate with carpet on concrete, to attract marquee talent. Even old, geriatric marquee talent. :D

And for anyone pointing to Huckerby's performance as proof that somehow Mo isn't doing his job, keep in mind that Mo actually found him first. He just made the decision not to come here.

- Scott

GeorgeB
08-04-2008, 06:26 PM
where are all the poeple who laughed huckerby...the aging has been.....no pace....no tallent!!??

Where are you now!!??

OUR PITCH WAS THE REASON HE"S noT HERE!!! WAKE UP MLSE ..and learn from your mistakes!! Get rid of the shit field!!!

I said from day one this guy would score a ton in this league......

Stay tune!....Hucks is on a mission!watching those highlights shows you that he is really fast and he's still not in game shape btw Buddle scored a nice goal too