PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 30 - NER @ TFC Saturday Sept 29th 7:30pm - Time For Hey Jude's B Side

OgtheDim
09-24-2018, 05:53 AM
You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan

Have at It People

Oldtimer
09-24-2018, 08:10 AM
This should be a win. However, if enough players are injured it might not be.

magmadragon
09-24-2018, 12:06 PM
This should be a win. However, if enough players are injured it might not be.

So basically like every other game this season.

.....kill me

michaeltfc91
09-24-2018, 12:23 PM
If I am Vanney, I play my best (healthy) XI for this game and the Vancouver game. Get two wins and make the season respectable...

Then give the main guys the last 3 games off so they have a nice 3.5 month break until preseason and 2019 we will win a treble

Derko
09-25-2018, 11:19 AM
How about win CCL, we have alreay won the treble. Just play respectable football and get rid of the 2 donkey CB's That would make me happy.

Joe Kool
09-28-2018, 10:48 AM
So for awareness, Enercare Centre has the Fall Home Show that is open until 8PM that will take up parking near the stadium for those driving down. Not sure if that changes anyone's plans to drive. Looks like the GO train is running ever hour though too this weekend unless I am reading the schedule wrong. Plan ahead everyone...

paul-collins
09-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Also the Vintage Clothing show at the QE building. Thankfully no concert at Bud Stage.

You are right, it's another weekend with hourly GO service and the LSW bypassing Mimico and Exhibition, so the only way there is by the LSE which goes one stop past Union (also hourly) or the streetcar.

OgtheDim
09-28-2018, 11:39 AM
Nuit Blanche that night so expect massive crowds in the core afterwards.

paul-collins
09-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Nuit Blanche that night so expect massive crowds in the core afterwards.
Flip side is all-night subway service.

Oldtimer
09-29-2018, 05:52 PM
Finally (too late) we see all of TFC's best XI playing in the same game.

Correction, Moore out.

James17930
09-29-2018, 06:45 PM
How about win CCL, we have alreay won the treble. Just play respectable football and get rid of the 2 donkey CB's That would make me happy.

Well, they're both not playing tonight, so that's a start ...

But again, one of them at a time is doable. It's only when it's both together that they can't handle it.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, I know, but ... let's see how the off-season goes.

James17930
09-29-2018, 06:53 PM
Yikes ... the Southend looks only about 3/4 full.

samuraizero
09-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Yikes ... the Southend looks only about 3/4 full.

Half full at best.
Our defense is abysmal looks like the boys have already given up .

James17930
09-29-2018, 07:01 PM
I think it's time to shut Jozy down for the season. Let him heal and be ready for CCL.

whositwhatnow
09-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Swear to god, wtf is this training staff doing why the hell did Altedore start??!?!?

They should be all fired after this year.

samuraizero
09-29-2018, 07:05 PM
Anyone got stats on how many minutes Jozy has played this season?

James17930
09-29-2018, 07:06 PM
Swear to god, wtf is this training staff doing why the hell did Altedore start??!?!?

They should be all fired after this year.

It's tricky, though. If the player keeps saying "I'm fine, I'm fine," what can the staff really do? If scans and everything look clear, of course they have to believe the player.

NER are pressuring us pretty well here – playing against this style has been our biggest problem all year.

whositwhatnow
09-29-2018, 07:19 PM
It's tricky, though. If the player keeps saying "I'm fine, I'm fine," what can the staff really do? If scans and everything look clear, of course they have to believe the player.

NER are pressuring us pretty well here – playing against this style has been our biggest problem all year.

I hear you but they should be able to pick up stuff if they are actually paying attention to the players and their recovery. Either they are turning a blind eye due to pressure or have zero clue wtf they are doing.

whositwhatnow
09-29-2018, 07:22 PM
Man the field must be in bad shape you see that bounce before Gio scored.

James17930
09-29-2018, 07:22 PM
What a shot. Nice.

Also, it looks like the Ref is starting to call a lot of fouls our way, realizing NER are coming in too strong in a lot of cases.

James17930
09-29-2018, 07:23 PM
I hear you but they should be able to pick up stuff if they are actually paying attention to the players and their recovery. Either they are turning a blind eye due to pressure or have zero clue wtf they are doing.

Possible. I guess they'll review those things in the off-season.

Richard
09-29-2018, 07:49 PM

Not a lot. 827 Minutes in MLS.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jozy-altidore/leistungsdaten/spieler/39378

Jozy is turning into the Tulowitzki of the Jays.

As a player he is the perfect fit but not reliably available.

I hear Gilberto is doing pretty good these days.

OgtheDim
09-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Half full at best.
Our defense is abysmal looks like the boys have already given up .

Maybe not

samuraizero
09-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Maybe not

I stand corrected

samuraizero
09-29-2018, 09:00 PM

So about $6000 a minute . Wish I made that

Oldtimer
09-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Signature win. The second half had the team playing like last year.

James17930
09-29-2018, 10:34 PM
Great second half against a bunch of thugs who are a class below us when we turn it on.

portu
09-30-2018, 07:28 AM

Not enough to justify 5m and a DP slot

Fort York Redcoat
09-30-2018, 07:38 AM
Great reward to the faithful that made it down to BMO.

ensco
09-30-2018, 08:07 AM
The most important guy to every good thing that has happened here is Jozy.

I don’t know if we should re-sign him, but he has earned what he is getting paid.

portu
09-30-2018, 10:04 AM

I don’t know if we should re-sign him, but he has earned what he is getting paid.

Not this season

Omar
09-30-2018, 12:04 PM

Definitely. He has served us well and arguably been one of the best players we've ever had. Whether we should continue on with him or not is another story altogether, but we can't downplay the service he's provided us.

Having said that, if Jozy continues to mope like this during moments of significant adversity, then we may have to part ways eventually. Next season, though, we should give him a chance and see whether he continues to keep himself pumped up. As enthusiastic and endearing Janson has been, Jozy still provides more end product.

portu
09-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Definitely. He has served us well and arguably been one of the best players we've ever had. Whether we should continue on with him or not is another story altogether, but we can't downplay the service he's provided us.

Having said that, if Jozy continues to mope like this during moments of significant adversity, then we may have to part ways eventually. Next season, though, we should give him a chance and see whether he continues to keep himself pumped up. As enthusiastic and endearing Janson has been, Jozy still provides more end product.
Could honestly make a solid argument that Vazquez is more valuable (and better) than Jozy

Omar
09-30-2018, 12:33 PM
Could honestly make a solid argument that Vazquez is more valuable (and better) than Jozy
I'd take that one step further and state that Vazquez is our most valuable player in the team. Without him, we lose much of our creativity. He's been the closest replacement to Cheyrou in the midfield, and without him, we lose the finesse and creativity in our midfield. The next closest creative midfielder (IMO) is Delgado, and that says it all about our midfield situation.

As often as he's been injured, we need to manage him properly and maybe look to bring Giovinco into a more creative role. Either that or we give Delgado more creative responsibility.

ensco
09-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Not this season

Yes. This season.

He scored probably 10 of the 15 biggest goals in franchise history over the last two years. He has earned the full reward both sides negotiated for the totality of his contract.

Laiping
09-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Vazquez is my choice as well for best player this year!

woolly
09-30-2018, 03:30 PM

I disagree... Vasquez is likely the most talented on the team (including seba), but with VV being injured I would argue that Oso has shouldered more of the team than anyone over the full season. Especially considering the gulf in pedigree between him and any of our DPs

OgtheDim
09-30-2018, 05:05 PM
I love what Oso has done this year but Seba is quietly putting in an all MLS top XI season...again.

MightyDM
09-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Oso is the player of the season beyond doubt. But VV, Gio and Jozy are difference makers. Sadly, of the three, only Gio is durable.

I am very concerned about the pitch.

And if VAR keeps calling goals back its going to ruin my enjoyment of the sport. Already you subconsciously pause your celebration to see if it will be reviewed. Let alone for fouls up the pitch

portu
09-30-2018, 05:18 PM
Yes. This season.

He scored probably 10 of the 15 biggest goals in franchise history over the last two years. He has earned the full reward both sides negotiated for the totality of his contract.
I get your perspective (the totality of contract), but looking at this individual year you cannot justify him earning 5m. Essentially agree with you 20m over 4 years he's probably been worth it (whether or not that money could have been better spent aside), but he definitely has not earned that 5m in 2018.

Red4ever
09-30-2018, 05:19 PM
The "dont be that guy" chant while the ref reviewed VAR was excellent.

The silver lining from playing terrible / people in attendance, is that you get the spontaneity back instead of setlist supporting. I miss that.

portu
09-30-2018, 05:21 PM
I love what Oso has done this year but Seba is quietly putting in an all MLS top XI season...again.
Legit he's putting up MLS numbers which would have me put him top 3 in MVP behind Martinez and Zlatan. Getting the job done despite physical regression.

jazzy
09-30-2018, 09:05 PM

His passing created 3 goals tonight ! Ossario is the most improved player , easily , but without Vasquez we’re done . Of course overall we wouldn’t be in the position we are if Mavinga had been healthy most of the games . That’s why we lose even after going ahead . Best in MLS .

paul-collins
09-30-2018, 09:13 PM
FWIW Jozy took a hard knee directly into his hamstring. That was pretty deliberate. (I rewatched the TV to figure out what the collision was)

Jansson was lively tonight. Glad to see Marky get one and assist Oso's goal. And Mavinga was a beast.

That pitch is terrible.

Auzzy
09-30-2018, 10:27 PM
FWIW Jozy took a hard knee directly into his hamstring. That was pretty deliberate. (I rewatched the TV to figure out what the collision was)

Jansson was lively tonight. Glad to see Marky get one and assist Oso's goal. And Mavinga was a beast.

That pitch is terrible.

Marky also created the turnover that setup Giovinco's first goal.

Yohan
10-01-2018, 05:25 AM
Man. I know it's too expensive to buy Janson, but he's really making a case for himself. If it's not TFC, another MLS team has to be looking at Janson for next season.

shwade
10-01-2018, 05:36 AM
Altidore at TAM/GAM I'd do...hopefully his head isn't too big for a hefty pay cut.

Will anyone else in MLS offer him more than 2M? Will he even want to play in front of those loser USSoccer fans?

Voodooman
10-01-2018, 06:00 AM
The "dont be that guy" chant while the ref reviewed VAR was excellent.

The silver lining from playing terrible / people in attendance, is that you get the spontaneity back instead of setlist supporting. I miss that.

Thank you! I yelled it once but said it on beat to the drum and just went with it aha.

JT Red127
10-01-2018, 07:25 AM

Jozy is turning into the Tulowitzki of the Jays.

As a player he is the perfect fit but not reliably available.

I hear Gilberto is doing pretty good these days.

LOL What has Tulo ever done for the Jays? Jozy has been the reason we won the cups that we have won, comes up huge in every big game. He's like the anti-Tulo.

ag futbol
10-01-2018, 08:37 AM
Man. I know it's too expensive to buy Janson, but he's really making a case for himself. If it's not TFC, another MLS team has to be looking at Janson for next season.
Advertised price tag is definitely too much. Give him credit, he seems like a good team guy and works his socks off. If only he was better around the net.

Joe Kool
10-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Advertised price tag is definitely too much. Give him credit, he seems like a good team guy and works his socks off. If only he was better around the net.

What was the advertised price tag? I don't think I saw that.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-01-2018, 11:15 AM
What was the advertised price tag? I don't think I saw that.

I think the purchase price was $3.7 million. I like the guy but unless we'd be signing him to 4 or 5 years that's DP money. Edit - and even at 4 years when you add in salary that's DP money.

Richard
10-01-2018, 11:53 AM
LOL What has Tulo ever done for the Jays? Jozy has been the reason we won the cups that we have won, comes up huge in every big game. He's like the anti-Tulo.

He was clutch in his first year and a half during those two post season appearances. We were not that far from a WS berth because of him.

OgtheDim
10-01-2018, 12:17 PM
I think the purchase price was $3.7 million. I like the guy but unless we'd be signing him to 4 or 5 years that's DP money. Edit - and even at 4 years when you add in salary that's DP money.

I think the advertised is a wish price from the current team & that Janson has leverage for that to drop to a TAM level - if he wants in. He seems eager & him & Seba can work together - can he get over his Chad Barretness is my question.