PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs FCD: Match Thread Baby!

Pages : [1] 2

sidney
08-03-2008, 12:44 PM
just about 2 hours before kick-off-baby!...starting line-up/formation guesses anyone?

poppamidnight
08-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Are we still going with the 2 up-front lineup???

Ibrahim + Barrett????

All im hoping for is to NOT SEE Cunningham today.....
Give me Jarrod Smith off the bench, and i'll be optimistic about our chances

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 12:50 PM
TORONTO FC vs. FC DALLAS
BMO FIELD, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Aug. 3, 2008 | 4 p.m. ET (CBC)
WEEK # 19 | GAME # 126 After another disheartening loss on the road, Toronto FC return to BMO Field -- where they are still unbeaten on the campaign -- for a Sunday afternoon contest against FC Dallas. TFC hasn't won away from Canada since April, Monday's late defeat at Real Salt Lake extended the club's league winless streak to five games. FC Dallas put an end to a four-game winless streak of their own last weekend, Schellas Hyndman getting his first league win in charge of the club in a resounding 4-0 victory against the LA Galaxy.
REFEREE: Baldomero Toledo. SAR (bench): C.J. Morgante; JAR (opposite): Adam Wienckowski; 4th: Jorge Gonzalez
MLS Career: 56 games; FC/gm: 27.1; Y/gm: 3.9; R: 22; pens: 20

INJURY REPORT: TORONTO FC - OUT: DF Todd Dunivant (ankle); FW Danny Dichio (concussion); QUESTIONABLE: MF Kevin Harmse (knee) ... FC DALLAS - OUT: DF David Wagenfuhr (concussion); DOUBTFUL: GK Ray Burse (R ankle); QUESTIONABLE: DF Andrew Daniels (L knee); PROBABLE: MF Juan Toja (L quadriceps)

INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: TOR: Maurice Edu, Marvell Wynne (U.S. Olympic team) ... DAL: Dax McCarty (U.S. Olympic team)
SUSPENDED: none
WARNINGS:
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: TOR: Laurent Robert
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: TOR: Jeff Cunningham, Amado Guevara, Abdus Ibrahim ... DAL: Pablo Richetti, Andre Rocha, Juan Toja

HEAD-TO-HEAD
ALL-TIME (2 meetings): Toronto FC 1 win, 4 goals ... FC Dallas 1 win, 2 goals ... Ties 0
AT BMO FIELD (1 meeting): Toronto FC 1 win, 4 goals ... FC Dallas 0 wins, 0 goals ... Ties 0
• This is the first of two meetings between the teams this season, the only one set for BMO Field. Toronto FC make their lone trip to Pizza Hut Park on Oct. 11.

LAST YEAR (MLS):
6/17: TOR 4, DAL 0 (Edu 22; Dichio 25; Robinson 65; Cunningham 90)
9/8: DAL 2, TOR 0 (Denilson 36; Thompson 87)
• A year ago, the teams split their season series, each winning by shutout at home. Toronto won by the heaviest margin in club history, a 4-0 triumph on June 17, while FC Dallas took a 2-0 decision on Sept. 8.
• Coaches record: John Carver vs. DAL: first game ... Schellas Hyndman v TOR: first game

TORONTO FC
Toronto FC continued to struggle away from BMO Field, seeing their overall winless streak reach five games as Real Salt Lake came back for a 2-1 victory Monday evening at Rice-Eccles Stadium. TFC sit in a four-way tie for fourth place in the Eastern Conference with 22 points from 17 matches, level with D.C. United, Kansas City and New York, four points behind the Chicago Fire.

TEAM NEWS
• After getting the late leveler, it seemed TFC would finally break its road hoodoo of late. But Findley's goal made it five losses in a row away from home.
• "It seems to be the story of our life at the moment, especially on the road," said Carver. "I don't know how we could defend like Trojans at home, maybe it's because you've got 20,000 screaming fans down your throat and if you make a mistake they'll let you know about it. But, there's something not right when we are away from home. You claw your way back into the game, you think you've got something from the game and then, again ... you shoot yourself in the foot - and you come away with nothing."
• The Reds have now gone winless in the five games since the 3-1 home win against Colorado on June 14, losing all three away games in that time and playing to a pair of scoreless draws at home. As well, TFC was held to a 1-1 draw by the USL First Division Montrιal Impact in the Canadian Championship that knocked them out of contention for the CONCACAF Champions League.
• "It's the same old story -- we can't put 90 minutes together," said goalkeeper Greg Sutton. "We let ourselves down. We did well to get ourselves back into the game in the second half. I thought we did what we said we wanted to do at halftime, and when we came out it was pretty effective. Then we had that mental error again. It's one thing to happen once or twice, but now it's becoming a habit -- a real bad habit."
• On Wednesday, Toronto FC finally concluded the deal to obtain Chad Barrett from the Chicago Fire, in exchange for Brian McBride, whose rights were claimed through the allocation rankings. TFC obtained the Fire's 2009 first-round pick in the SuperDraft as well as conditional future considerations.
• "I would like to thank all parties involved in getting this done," said TFC director of soccer Mo Johnston. "The real winners in this deal are MLS, the Chicago Fire, Toronto FC, and Brian McBride. The Fire has brought back a wonderful striker and we're getting in return, a promising young striker - as well as a first round draft pick. It was important that we received the No. 1 pick in this deal, and hopefully it will serve us well in the future."

FC DALLAS
FC Dallas gave Schellas Hyndman his first league victory as head coach in impressive fashion, rolling to a 4-0 victory against the Los Angeles Galaxy on Sunday evening at Pizza Hut Park. FCD is now tied for fourth place in the Western Conference with 22 points from 18 matches, a point behind the second-place between Los Angeles and Houston.

LAST MATCH
• FC Dallas had played to three consecutive draws and had just one win since May 24 -- a span of eight games -- while the Los Angeles Galaxy hadn't won in five games, playing to ties in their last two.
• The teams had last met on May 18, a 5-1 Galaxy win in Frisco, ironically Steve Morrow's last game in charge of the Hoops. It didn't take long for Kenny Cooper to show that game was in the minds of the FCD players, with two goals in three minutes.
• First, in the 15th minute, he cut across the top of the area from the right before lashing a low drive that took a slight deflection before sailing inside the near post. Then in the 17th minute, he dispossessed a defender before playing a one-two with Dominic Oduro, side-footing home a terrific strike from outside the area for his 11th goal on the campaign, one off the league lead.
• Oduro made the lead 3-0 in the 36th minute. Arturo Alvarez split the Galaxy defense with a pass from the center circle and Oduro raced in alone on goal, rounding Galaxy 'keeper Steve Cronin in the box before tucking home the ball from a tight angle. Abe Thompson completed the rout in the 89th minute, curling home a wonderful long-range strike into the upper right corner.
• Hyndman made three changes to the team that played to a 2-2 draw with the Colorado Rapids the previous weekend. Aaron Pitchkolan and Arturo Alvarez returned to the team and Eric Avila made his first league start, with Juan Toja injured, Marcelo Saragosa suspended and Dax McCarty having been called into the U.S. Olympic team.
• Here's Hyndman's team (4-4-2): Dario Sala - Drew Moor, Duilio Davino, Aaron Pitchkolan, Adrian Serioux - Andre Rocha (Michael Dello-Russo 66), Eric Avila, Pablo Ricchetti, Arturo Alvarez (Chase Wileman 75) - Kenny Cooper, Dominic Oduro (Abe Thompson 72). Substitutes Not Used: Ricardinho, Mike Graczyk, Bobby Rhine, Blake Wagner
• "The players were very focused on getting a good result after the last time playing LA here was an embarrassment," Hyndman said. "We had a lot of fans question what FC Dallas was all about. Very seldom in life do you get a chance to come back and redeem yourselves. Today, I thought they did a fantastic job of coming back and playing for their pride and their community. The players all played for each other and we did something that we haven't done very often, score first and score again."

TEAM NEWS
• FCD played in a 4-4-2 system for the first time since a 1-1 draw at Houston on June 26 and the shift in formations was a success.
• "It was outstanding," Hyndman said. "This is what we all want to do, is win. We train very hard, want to find success and make a difference. I just felt that we had to get more people involved in the attack instead of just two. It's hard to ask players to do things when you don't show them and design it for them."
• Going to the system meant some changes for the FCD coach. Eric Avila made his first MLS start and Aaron Pitchkolan made his first in four games. Michael Dello-Russo made just his second first-team appearance while Chase Wileman made his full league debut.
• "We had a lot of players that haven't played very much like Eric Avila who was outstanding today. [Aaron Pitchkolan] was very strong in the air and we even brought on two players, Chase Wileman and Michael Dello-Russo, who don't play very often and they did a great job for us," said Hyndman.
• Cooper now has goals in five of his side's last six games. After being the subject of numerous international queries over the past few weeks, earlier the week the club made it clear he would remain with the Hoops.
• "We received offers from multiple international clubs for Kenny Cooper during this transfer window, but we elected to decline them all. The international interest is a credit to Kenny, FC Dallas and the ever increasing talent level in Major League Soccer," said FCD general manager Michael Hitchcock. "Winning championships is our priority, and we feel strongly that Kenny will continue to be an important part of our success as we compete for the MLS Cup this year and in the future."
• While Hyndman had experienced a victory since taking over as head coach - a third-round Open Cup win against USL First Division side Miami FC - it was the first league victory. After the game was over, Cooper made the point of getting the match ball for Hyndman.
• "It feels very good to walk away with the win," Cooper said. "I thought we did the things that the coaches have asked of us. I feel that Schellas has been making a good impact on us on a daily basis. It's nice to show that in a result like today."

poppamidnight
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Im geussing this lineup:

------------Sutton
James---Marshall--velez---Brennan
Ricketts--Guevara--Robbo---Robert
----------Ibee---Barrett

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 12:54 PM
Probable lineup looks like this

------Sutton-------
james--Velez-Marshall--Brennan
Robinson
Guevara
Ricketts--Robert
Barret--Ibee

adampz
08-03-2008, 01:48 PM
We should have been playing 4-4-2 all season long

tlear
08-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I do not think Ibee will start

-----------Sutton------
----?---Velez-Marshall-Brennan
Rickets-Harmse--Robbo-Robert
-----------Guevara-------------
------------Barret--------------

Batman
08-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Let's get this on.

Todays the first home game I've taken off. Looking forward to watching it on CBC though.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:06 PM
CUNNY is starting!!!!!

Ibee is gone with a family emergency!!!

F-U-C-K

Stryker
08-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Cunnys gonna get torn to pieces by the crowd if he blows easy chances today.

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:10 PM
So whats the formation, i missed it.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Its the 4-4-2 with Cunny and Barret up front

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Alright, whatever happened to FCD getting a jersey sponsor?

Dunc
08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
can already tell what a useless twat cunny will be this game... though that's nothing we didn't expect. Dumb as a fucking stump

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:14 PM
who was it supposed to be again?

I remember something about that as well
They have the new style jerseys

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Fed ex i think, on a side note, its amazing how empty the east stand is.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:16 PM
There goes a sub for the hoops!

And the east end will fill up soon, when they showed the angle with the entrance you could see nearly a thousand people tripping over each other on the way in

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
they're talking about how subdued it is, and how the fans are out of it because of the slump....

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
So what is this new look for BMO field?

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:19 PM
The FO should really fix concession plans in the off season, i hate looking at empty seats.

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:22 PM
what a dipshit, take the corner

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Barret offside, nice effort though

I hope this isn't a sign of things

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:24 PM
This Ref is a muppet

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 03:26 PM
WOW that was close.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Looks like someone put saran wrap between the posts again

Keystone FC
08-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Okay, I'm in Ohio (God must hate me) CBC won't work on my computer...what are my options.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Get the individual game on MLSnet
look for a stream on SopCast

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:32 PM
why did dichio start in the 22nd?

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Why in the hell is Velez getting a card????

Like I said, Ref=Muppet

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:39 PM
We need to make this guy move now.
I Love that chant too

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 03:41 PM
TOR -27th Minute. Yellow Card Issued to 4-Marco Velez. Foul Type: Reckless Foul

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 03:41 PM
We need to make this guy move now.
I Love that chant too

Which chant are you referring to?

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Atleast cunny was trying there, he almost got the ball.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Which chant are you referring to?

"You're a pussy clap clap clap clap clap"
-Repeat

You could hear it clear as day on the broadcast lol

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Guevera looks very good today.

ThunderTundra
08-03-2008, 03:50 PM
CBC needs to get its shit straight,

I would like to see set pieces rather than go to them after the action is done

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 03:51 PM
This has to be the worst CBC broadcast I've seen. The screen is shrinking and unshrinking and they've missed quite a few plays

adampz
08-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Already halftime, we really need to come out flying in the second half

Batman
08-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I will positively croak if we don't score in this game.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Toronto needed a good solid half after the RSL debacle, so that was fine. Both teams have had chances. Hopefully the home edge shows up in the second half as the heat and the travel wear on FC Dallas.

Heh, I was hoping James' accent would be some mixture of patiois and snooty Connetticut, but it's all island. Too bad.

jloome
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Cunny's working hard (what the fuck? must want a trade, or has humility all of a sudden); julius james is a bit of a horror show at right back; robert's movement is good, but his crosses have been awful; Ricketts is working hard; Guevara and Robinson look much more comfortable together today; Barrett's work rate and movement hasn't exactly blown me away yet, but it's early days; backline looks ok; fullbacks only caught up once or twice.

Well, that's the regular stuff to deal with; the week-in-and-out issues. The big issue today is also a week-in-and-out problem, but a more serious one: Our movement off the ball is absolutely horseshit.

Guevara is putting on a midfield clinic, but getting very little movement nearby to open up opportunities for distribution (forcing him to do crazy cool shit like that short through ball right through the defender's legs that was so good Robbo wasn't expecting it). Our defensive positioning is much better, with at least one fullback remaining in our half to support. But in the second half, watch the opposite field and look at how immobile and frozen we appear, instead of moving into centre-field space to draw the defense out of shape.

adampz
08-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Toronto needed a good solid half after the RSL debacle, so that was fine. Both teams have had chances. Hopefully the home edge shows up in the second half as the heat and the travel wear on FC Dallas.

Heh, I was hoping James' accent would be some mixture of patiois and snooty Connetticut, but it's all island. Too bad. lol he has an amazing accent

ilikemusic
08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Did anyone hear 'fuck Dichio' in the Dichio song, or was I hearing things? I swear I heard at least a couple people singing 'fuck Dichio'.

jloome
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Wonder if huckerby scored in san jose's 3-2 win.

Esquire
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Did anyone hear 'fuck Dichio' in the Dichio song, or was I hearing things? I swear I heard at least a couple people singing 'fuck Dichio'.

Yeah, I thought I heard the same thing. What was up with that?

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
7'[1 - 0]Alvarez http://www1.livescore.com/img/goal.gif

40'[2 - 0]D. Huckerby http://www1.livescore.com/img/goal.gif

42'[2 - 1]
L. Donovan http://www1.livescore.com/img/goal.gif

76'[2 - 2]
E. Buddle http://www1.livescore.com/img/goal.gif

90'[3 - 2]R. Cochrane http://www1.livescore.com/img/goal.gif

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Velez has done that stupid central clearing header a few times. Lucky they haven't been burned yet.

adampz
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I thought I heard the same thing. What was up with that? When they were doing a close up on a couple of fans? Ya i heard that, i thought the guys were screaming "fuck cereal" though. Lol i must be going crazy

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Dallas is working Toronto. How can they have so many second chances around the box? That's where Edu is missed.

Wighty
08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
i thought the guys were screaming "fuck cereal" though. Lol i must be going crazy

Could it have been "Fuck Serioux"?

adampz
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Could it have been "Fuck Serioux"? you're a genius my friend

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I would hate to smell that guy's head with the Boris hat after the game.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Another game where our boys in red have trouble scoring? No surprise.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:32 PM
That Eric Avila looks pretty good. Shows there's still talent in the draft (not convinced about James yet).

13CP
08-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Hemming in for James.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
You have to be joking.

13CP
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Chad having some trouble.

13CP
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Smith in for Chad.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Good, just cramps.

adampz
08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
what the fuck is this!?!?!?!

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Sweet baby Jesus, what a debacle.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Nothing surprises me anymore.

Inswingingwingman
08-03-2008, 04:50 PM
What total horseshit.

adampz
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
ive never heard fuck the referee any louder then right now

flamehawk
You have to be fucking kidding me

Hooligan69
Oh well. At least I have the women's national team at the Olympics to look forward to this week.

Fuck the referee.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I predict a riot, I predict a riot!

flamehawk
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM

adampz
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
riot? how about first we find out where this referee lives

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Well, it's hard to say if that Guevera card was right or not.

blindbaby
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
The trainer got red-carded! LOL

Dub Narcotic
Physio is gone. hahah. This game has been good entertainment.

Cashcleaner
Did they just kick our trainer out?!

I have officially seen everything. Post-game presser is gonna be fun. :D

adampz
MEDICAL trainer??? Wow i need to leave north america, Liverpool here i come, no more nonsense like this shit.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 04:57 PM
The officiating team for this game deserves to be the special guest at a boot party.

Cashcleaner
08-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Fuck. 2-0 Dallas. Cooper scores.

blindbaby
08-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Sutton came so close to stopping that one.

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I predict a riot, I predict a riot! I wouldnt mind seeing the officiating crew getting the shit kicked out of them.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
That's the ballgame. Sutton with yet another blunder, not that it would have mattered. The truth is that the other teams in MLS have improved their cohesiveness and talent level as the season has gone on, while Toronto hasn't. In the first half of the year, you could see teams intimidated and unable to play in the BMO atmosphere, now they seem full of confidence and they can keep possession and attack. I don't think Toronto is that much worse, just the other teams have gotten better.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Another day. Another loss. Such is the life of a TFC supporter. No reason to cheer whatsoever.

Cashcleaner
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Anyone catch Carver pushing Brennan? What was that about?

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Brennan went to chew out the ref. Carver stopped him and told him to get back to the dressing room.

Esquire
Was Carver pushing Brennan around at the end there?

edit: ah, ok.

dantdot
Seemed like he was pushing him away from the ref? Didn't want him to shake his hand? No idea.

Nestease
08-03-2008, 05:07 PM

Brennan tried to shake the officials hands.

TFC-Tyler
Fuck this fucking piece of shit team. They dont deserve to sell out, fucking piece of shit team.

Lose to fucking USL teams in the Canada Cup, and now this. Cant wait til Van and Montreal get teams, show us how real soccer is played, not like these fucking piece of shit twats.

blindbaby
Carver just flipped out on Brennan for jawing at the officials after the game. That'll be an interesting dressing room in about 2 minutes. LOL

tlear
08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I thought we played well in the first half.. but since we could not score, well the story of the last couple month :(

FUCK THE REF fucking cocksucker

tlear
08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Fuck this fucking piece of shit team. They dont deserve to sell out, fucking piece of shit team.

Lose to fucking USL teams in the Canada Cup, and now this. Cant wait til Van and Montreal get teams, show us how real soccer is played, not like these fucking piece of shit twats.
ahh the Maple Leafs support

flamehawk
08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Robinson got it spot on, good performances from two teams, ruined by the fucking ref. We didn't deserve to lose, had it not been for the attention-whore of a ref. FUCK!

adampz

Lose to fucking USL teams in the Canada Cup, and now this. Cant wait til Van and Montreal get teams, show us how real soccer is played, not like these fucking piece of shit twats. Why do you even come on these boards if youre gonna complain like that, they lost a game, so now they dont deserve to sell out, and theyre a piece of shit team? I guess this is north american sports fans for you.

jloome
THis is total horseshit. Guevara and the Dallas player were jostling and both had their elbows high; the dallas player catches guevara on the shoulder and guevara catches him in the bridge of the nose.

But the referee isn't watching the fucking periphery of the play, just the ball. What a fucking debacle. If that was Red Cards, it was both ways, and a drop ball 10 yards outside the box, where it started.

And the Velez card wouldn't have happened if a) they'd called the keeper for going over top of the immobile Velez in the first half, instead of giving a mistaken yellow and b) had called Cooper on the shove against Hemming moments before the red, because that's obviously what Velez was pissed off about. It was blatant, with the Ref 10 yards away.

Holy fuck, we get hosed by the refs at home.

LucaGol
08-03-2008, 05:12 PM
We lost on a bogus call...but it was the final score was the correct result.

Dallas had more hustle, industry and creativity all game long. And what can you say about Kenny Cooper...obviously the difference maker on so many levels.

Blixa
08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
What a fucking cunt this ref was. This fucking season is a nightmare. Will things ever go right for us for fuck's sake?

tlear
THis is total horseshit. Guevara and the Dallas player were jostling and both had their elbows high; the dallas player catches guevara on the shoulder and guevara catches him in the bridge of the nose.

But the referee isn't watching the fucking periphery of the play, just the ball. What a fucking debacle. If that was Red Cards, it was both ways, and a drop ball 10 yards outside the box, where it started.

And the Velez card wouldn't have happened if a) they'd called the keeper for going over top of the immobile Velez in the first half, instead of giving a mistaken yellow and b) had called Cooper on the shove against Hemming moments before the red, because that's obviously what Velez was pissed off about. It was blatant, with the Ref 10 yards away.

Agree 100%. First the ref loses us the Vancouver game, now this FUCK!

Ladies Love Julius James

Dallas had more hustle, industry and creativity all game long. And what can you say about Kenny Cooper...obviously the difference maker on so many levels.

QFT 100%

flamehawk
Why the fuck are there people with TFC jerseys smiling after that piece of shit..

dantdot
Next time I'm fighting for position with someone in the box I'll punch myself in the nose so I can get a free goal and an extra player, sounds like a good deal.

Ladies Love Julius James
Why the fuck are there people with TFC jerseys smiling after that piece of shit..

Because they enjoyed their beer and the sun was shining.

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM
Did anybody else hear the fan on the screen after screaming "Yaaaa ive been waiting all day to get on tv" I guess this guy wasnt really watching the scoreboard, or he just comes to the games to get drunk and dance around.

LucaGol
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM
What a fucking cunt this ref was. This fucking season is a nightmare. Will things ever go right for us for fuck's sake?

Things will go right when we start working.

When a team is slumping the players have to work double the amount....we're not even close to that level.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM
or he just comes to the games to get drunk and dance around.

Like the other 15,000 of them who come for the same reason.

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Why the fuck are there people with TFC jerseys smiling after that piece of shit.. Because it seems that a lot of tfc fans just wanna come to the stadium to sit down, drink their beer and eat a hot dog. Aslong as they finish their overpriced meal theyre happy.

LucaGol
Like the other 15,000 of them who come for the same reason.

Please don't say that.....it's just basically confirming what I've thought all along.

TFC's just a hot ticket because it's a hot ticket....if you know what I mean.

If they keep up this lack-lustre play...we'll see what the support is really made of. No offense to anyone.

jloome
Our movement off the ball, particulary into positions to support the player with the ball, was absolutely terrible the entire game. We did lots of things right in terms of moving the ball around quickly once we had control of it near their box, but had a hard time getting it there because our build-up was about 70/30 direct again, unfortunately.

But there were a lot of improvements too, right up until the collapse. Barrett looked dangerous, Cunny worked surprisingly hard, Robert's crosses came back in the second half and , best of all, people were conciously queueing the upfield play through Guevara, letting him direct things. He was a monster in the first half, then disappeared almost completely in the second, right up until "the incident."

They just showed another replay and now I'm not sure the Dallas player caught him first. Eek. Think multi-game ban, with Edu at the Olympics.

LucaGol
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
So the Guevara time-bomb has already gone off.....when's Laurent Robert due.

Someone's gonna say I told you so........

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Please don't say that.....it's just basically confirming what I've thought all along.

TFC's just a hot ticket because it's a hot ticket....if you know what I mean.

If they keep up this lack-lustre play...we'll see what the support is really made of. No offense to anyone.

Well the team deserves a lot of criticism. After starting off so strong to becoming complete shit, that's the part that hurts. The only thing is there are a bunch of bandwagon riders that parade around in red on gameday and have no interest in the team or the sport itself but go to have a good time.

Steve-Tor
08-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Spot on.

Regardless of the bad calls, the better team won today.

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:20 PM
WAY too many people on this board are saying the team is shit, it's all the refs fault, tfc doesnt deserve to sell out theyre terrible. You need to stop, yes the refs weren't good, and the team played bad, but dont start saying tfc doesnt deserve to sell out. I would say, if you really love the team, you follow and support them win or lose, without comments about the team not deserving to sell out.

tlear
08-03-2008, 05:22 PM
WAY too many people on this board are saying the team is shit, it's all the refs fault, tfc doesnt deserve to sell out theyre terrible. You need to stop, yes the refs weren't good, and the team played bad, but dont start with the TFC is Terrible shit. REAL supporters love the team win or lose. Its as simple as that.

They need to put their money where their mouth is. Burn their season ticket and nEVER show up to a game again. There are many people who would pick those tickets with pleasur. Even after watching this clusterfuck today

King Jeff
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
REAL supporters love the team win or lose. Its as simple as that.

It doesn't make them devoid of criticism, though.

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
So glad I couldn't go to the game today. Would have blown a fuse If I was in the stands watching that shit. What a terrible performance by the entire team. I don't care what the ref did. The team deserved to lose. And Sutton is a joke, seriously. If the opposing keeper let the second goal in, he would have had an excuse but Sutton plays half his games on this turf.... he should have adjusted to the bounce by now. This is worse than the last Montreal game.

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I know id pay double the price to get season tickets in 112-114

Angelo1405
08-03-2008, 05:25 PM
you know whats weird...my club back in brasil, Atletico Mineiro, (black & white) you might remember this team from that seal clubbing our player gave this dude a while ago
7BKbckclIKg

are in a crisis right now, we keep losing, and know our torcida (fans/fan base) is protesting (and i mean real protesting, going up to the presidents office, chanting nasty things, breaking windows, really making him fear and WAKE UP and care about the team) and were playing a game right now, the Mineirao is EMPTY, except for a few thousand... theyre refusing to watch the team until they DO SOMETHING. its tied, and were really protesting this losing streak weve had since 2002. our team has been ripped off for years by teams like flamengo, losing 5 players in the 1980 something final (including the keeper) and....yeah. so its weird cuz TFC is in the same situation....check the torcida's website
http://www.torcidagaloucura.com.br/
it says:

mediocre players
incompetent directory
congratulations, you figure out how to kill the anniversary (100 year anniversary, this year... translation doesnt come out too well in english)

i reccommend 'waking up' the front office and the players by doing some real protesting in Toronto ?

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
It doesn't make them devoid of criticism, though. I didnt mean to start any stuff about whos a real supporter or not. Hearing people say tfc doesnt deserve to sell out cause we're in a losing slump really pisses me off though, cause i know almost every RPB follows the team for the love of the game and would never start completely ragging on the team

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2008, 05:26 PM
WAY too many people on this board are saying the team is shit, it's all the refs fault, tfc doesnt deserve to sell out theyre terrible. You need to stop, yes the refs weren't good, and the team played bad, but dont start with the TFC is Terrible shit. REAL supporters love the team win or lose. Its as simple as that.

No, being a real supporter doesn't equal being mentally challenged or visually impaired. Anyone who doesn't care how poorly the team is performing is just going to the games for the beer and the hot dogs as someone else mentioned above. Unfortunately BMO Field has become the "go-to" place in Toronto ... the place where people go to be considered "cool" by their peers. Absolutely disgusting.

Batman
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Most accurate comments I've seen all day. This is all absolutely spot on.

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
you know whats weird...my club back in brasil, Atletico Mineiro, (black & white) you might remember this team from that seal clubbing our player gave this dude a while ago
7BKbckclIKg

are in a crisis right now, we keep losing, and know our torcida (fans/fan base) is protesting (and i mean real protesting, going up to the presidents office, chanting nasty things, breaking windows, really making him fear and WAKE UP and care about the team) and were playing a game right now, the Mineirao is EMPTY, except for a few thousand... theyre refusing to watch the team until they DO SOMETHING. its tied, and were really protesting this losing streak weve had since 2002. our team has been ripped off for years by teams like flamengo, losing 5 players in the 1980 something final (including the keeper) and....yeah. so its weird cuz TFC is in the same situation....

i reccommend 'waking up' the front office and the players by doing some real protesting ?

I don't think that would fly here. I'm still for the silent protest at the next home game.

Or just not use the tickets and empty the south-end.

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
7BKbckclIKg

are in a crisis right now, we keep losing, and know our torcida (fans/fan base) is protesting (and i mean real protesting, going up to the presidents office, chanting nasty things, breaking windows, really making him fear and WAKE UP and care about the team) and were playing a game right now, the Mineirao is EMPTY, except for a few thousand... theyre refusing to watch the team until they DO SOMETHING. its tied, and were really protesting this losing streak weve had since 2002. our team has been ripped off for years by teams like flamengo, losing 5 players in the 1980 something final (including the keeper) and....yeah. so its weird cuz TFC is in the same situation....check the torcida's website
http://www.torcidagaloucura.com.br/
it says:

mediocre players
incompetent directory
congratulations, you figure out how to kill the anniversary (100 year anniversary, this year...)

i reccommend 'waking up' the front office and the players by doing some real protesting ?

Tsk tsk... look at those fake football fans in Brazil. Don't they know real supporters never complain about a team's performance... :rolleyes:

TFC-Tyler
08-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Why do you even come on these boards if youre gonna complain like that, they lost a game, so now they dont deserve to sell out, and theyre a piece of shit team? I guess this is north american sports fans for you.
Oh ya, European fans are just amazing.

If you hate North American fans so much, go to Europe you fucking poser European wannabe cunt.

Argos > TFC

profit89
08-03-2008, 05:38 PM
cunningham's first touches are horrendous

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM

If you hate North American fans so much, go to Europe you fucking poser European wannabe cunt.

Argos > TFC I just found some stuff you said uncalled for. We have different opinions on the team, lets just leave it at that.

Batman
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
TFC- Tyler's been banned for 7 days.

adampz
08-03-2008, 05:42 PM
He wasnt bothering me that much honestly

LucaGol
cunningham's first touches are horrendous

I think that whatever footballing sense he ever had has left him for good.

Sure, he ran a little harder today....but for heaven's sake....he touches the soccer ball as if it were a grenade or something.

Put your foot through it....pass the ball with purpose...shoot it with purpose. Be aware of your teammates.

TFC07

Argos > TFC

C'mon, that is totally uncalled for. lol

TFC07
08-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Wow, just wow....I don't know what to say about this game. I can't wait to see Carver's post-game conference.

Anyway, we need quality players! This team isn't good enough for the playoffs. We need quality strikers (dickov fits that bill???) and CB. TFC are too predictable with their attacks. How many shots did TFC players take from distance (outside of box)? This pass the ball to your wingers or Jimmy B (when he makes his run) then cross the ball into the box is getting too old.

Redcoe15
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I have two words about today's match:

BULL!!! :mad:
FUCKING!!! :mad5:
SHIT!!! :banghead:

This season's going down the toilet just like all the other turds.

Batman
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
He wasnt bothering me that much honestly

That's OK. It was competely inappropriate.

boban
08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes. When everyone else does it for TFC and not them for themselves.
Get over it. I fell asleep so many times during this game 'cause this game was like watching paint dry. Face it, the team is shit. And know you, others , and I am sure members of TFC are pointing fingers elsewhere. This is not something a tinkering of one player or two but a overhaul.

Batman
08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I have two words about today's match:

BULL!!! :mad:
FUCKING!!! :mad5:
SHIT!!! :banghead:

This season's going down the toilet just like all the other turds.

2 words?

LucaGol
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, just wow....I don't know what to say about this game. I can't wait to see Carver's post-game conference.

Anyway, we need quality players! This team isn't good enough for the playoffs. We need quality strikers (dickov fits that bill???) and CB. TFC are too predictable with their attacks. How many shots did TFC players take from distance (outside of box)? This pass the ball to your wingers or Jimmy B (when he makes his run) then cross the ball into the box is getting too old.

Tell me about it.

I was actually enjoying the way Dallas moved the ball around. Cutting into middle...the interchanges between Avila, Rocha and Cooper were very very nice to watch.

TFC attacks put me to sleep. Especially today without Marvell Wynne.

Everything funnelled to the wing...too many long passes...not enough off the ball movement...and zero to no creativity...aside from Guevara's short bursts of intelligence.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I liked a few corners and set plays they pulled off but your right...during the game it's always the same shit. Never anything up the middle.

Redcoe15
08-03-2008, 05:48 PM
2 words?

I'M PISSED!!!

Dirk Diggler
Yes. When everyone else does it for TFC and not them for themselves.
Get over it. I fell asleep so many times during this game 'cause this game was like watching paint dry. Face it, the team is shit. And know you, others , and I am sure members of TFC are pointing fingers elsewhere. This is not something a tinkering of one player or two but a overhaul.

LOL same here. I was extremely tired and when I sat down to watch the game, it didn't help. I got even drowsier and was falling in and out of sleep. The second half changed things for the worse. At that time I wasn't sleepy .... I just felt pissed off at the team and its inability to score. The red card debacles were more comical than anything.

S_D
I am just not going to comment on the game. There aren't enough swear words in the English language to fit the bill. All I can say is the MLS refs need to be fired en masse.

Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on something. I heard the announcers talking about something with the Colorado Rapids and they were going to try and find out some more information. I didn't catch the whole thing as I got distracted. Can anyone fill me in?

LucaGol
God help us all if Giambac visits the board tonight....lol.

Giambac will be smashing the keys so loud, John Carver might actually hear the typed words

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 05:49 PM
I am just not going to comment on the game. There aren't enough swear words in the English language to fit the bill. All I can say is the MLS refs need to be fired en masse.

Just wondering if anyone can fill me in on something. I heard the announcers talking about something with the Colorado Rapids and they were going to try and find out some more information. I didn't catch the whole thing as I got distracted. Can anyone fill me in?

Probably the fact that the entire supporters end left last game after a few dudes got kicked out via security.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Wait 'til Wednesday when our women's national team shows us all how to play football.

Batman
08-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I'M PISSED!!!

LOL. That's better.

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
The thing is, we had a great start to the year. So it got everyone's hopes up. Many of us, forgot that this is still a very very new team to the league and it will take time to really be a contender.

Face it, we may not be "shit", but we are definitely right now not MLS quality. We can blame the refs, blame Carver, blame the players etc, but the fact is we have to accept reality, this team is in a funk.

Could they play better? By all means. Are they Cup Contending Quality? No. Why does everyone think that this team should be in the top spot in the league? That we should destroy every team 10-0.

Had we not have had that really great start to the year, no one would be as bitter as we are now. Everyone obviously has the right to be upset, pissed off, angry etc. You spend your hard earned money to see this team play live, fight through traffic, public transit, spend money on booze, gear for what? To see this team give you a USL quality effort? Hell no, we don't stand for that.

However, what do you say when this team starts winning? How many will jump right on the TFC Bandwagon and become #1 fans again? How many of you jumped off. I suggested before, the next merchandise we should hand out is RPB Ankle Wraps.

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 05:52 PM
God help us all if Giambac visits the board tonight....lol.

Giambac will be smashing the keys so loud, John Carver might actually hear the typed words

Giambac = Banned

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-03-2008, 05:52 PM
I will positively croak if we don't score in this game.

"CROAK".

Sorry batman!

Absolutely hating mls officiating once again

pubboy
08-03-2008, 05:56 PM
The thing is, we had a great start to the year. So it got everyone's hopes up. Many of us, forgot that this is still a very very new team to the league and it will take time to really be a contender.

Face it, we may not be "shit", but we are definitely right now not MLS quality. We can blame the refs, blame Carver, blame the players etc, but the fact is we have to accept reality, this team is in a funk.

Could they play better? By all means. Are they Cup Contending Quality? No. Why does everyone think that this team should be in the top spot in the league? That we should destroy every team 10-0.

Had we not have had that really great start to the year, no one would be as bitter as we are now. Everyone obviously has the right to be upset, pissed off, angry etc. You spend your hard earned money to see this team play live, fight through traffic, public transit, spend money on booze, gear for what? To see this team give you a USL quality effort? Hell no, we don't stand for that.

However, what do you say when this team starts winning? How many will jump right on the TFC Bandwagon and become #1 fans again? How many of you jumped off. I suggested before, the next merchandise we should hand out is RPB Ankle Wraps.

It's called being a football supporter. Today's game was way below acceptable. The entire team should be embarrassed.

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I agree today's game was bad, but a few months ago everyone was praising this team and how great they were.

Reality came down and now everyone is in a tiff about this team.

S_D
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM
Probably the fact that the entire supporters end left last game after a few dudes got kicked out via security.

pity. I was hoping that there had been a trade. <cough>cunningham<cough>

boban
08-03-2008, 06:05 PM
It's called being a football supporter. Today's game was way below acceptable. The entire team should be embarrassed.
Sounds like a tape recording.
Makes you wonder why we post so much after each game.
Simply copy and paste comments from the previous game will do the trick
as your assessment seems to be bang on for the previous months games.

TFC07
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Wait 'til Wednesday when our women's national team shows us all how to play football.

You're going to wake up at 4:30 am to watch them destroy Argentina women's team? :canada:

adampz
08-03-2008, 06:07 PM
This is the time when the LOYAL fans who love the game and the team, know we played bad, but are still looking forward to cheering on the team at the next game. We all need to stop talking out of our asses about boycotting the team cause we lost. Nonsense

boban
08-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I agree today's game was bad, but a few months ago everyone was praising this team and how great they were.

Reality came down and now everyone is in a tiff about this team.
Reality is this team is not good. Its just not a funk.
Maybe I was spoiled watching the Euros and now I am watching more HNL nogomet but watching TFC and MLS only makes it more clear how poor the football is. Domzale, who played Dinamo on Wednesday, and Varteks would make mince meat of most of the MLS teams.

adampz
08-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Maybe I was spoiled watching the Euros and now I am watching more HNL nogomet but watching TFC and MLS only makes it more clear how poor the football is. Domzale, who played Dinamo on Wednesday, and Varteks would make mince meat of most of the MLS teams. K mls is shit, tfc is shit. We've all heard it now right? Do you support the team, are you an rpb? If you would consider yourself an RPB you really dont have to talk about the team being shit over and over.

poppamidnight
08-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Okay it doesnt take that long to sign a striker...

You've got Gerba + Dickov waiting in the frickin wings...
cut ties with Cunny and be done with it already!!!!

It will be unfortunate if Carver is mo's scapegoat and gets fired (although he probably should....but Dichio aiint ready to take over coaching us just yet :D)...

Ali Gerba... Please save this team!!!

TFC07
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe I was spoiled watching the Euros and now I am watching more HNL nogomet but watching TFC and MLS only makes it more clear how poor the football is. Domzale, who played Dinamo on Wednesday, and Varteks would make mince meat of most of the MLS teams.

Agreed.

Overall, MLS is awful league that has a long way to go if they want to be consider a good league. How MLS is run is so bush league for my liking.

Quality of TFC is awful. I wouldn't be surprise if they couldn't beat a CSL team. Oh wait...lol

I seriously can't wait when EPL and Serie A season starts.

boban
08-03-2008, 06:19 PM
K mls is shit, tfc is shit. We've all heard it now right? Do you support the team, are you an rpb? If you would consider yourself an RPB you really dont have to talk about the team being shit over and over.
I don't belong to anybody my friend.
Least of which is taking orders from you on how, what , and when to cheer
or what I am allowed to think.

iansmcl
08-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Could anyone who watched at home (and maybe saw some of the calls) let me (us) know what happened with the Guevara and the Velez situation? I've been spoiled by the previous twenty page match threads!

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 06:21 PM

Domzale???????? That's a strong statement :)

As I said, we got hit with a dose of reality when this team started off strong and is now like this.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Could anyone who watched at home (and maybe saw some of the calls) let me (us) know what happened with the Guevara and the Velez situation? I've been spoiled by the previous twenty page match threads!

Velez got the first card because the FC Dallas keeper fell hard and the ref passed the blame onto him. 2nd card was because he was an asshole and got one for dissent ( basically being an asshole)

Guevara got the red because he went in the box with another FC Dallas dude ( ball was no where in play) and the dude came out with a bloody nose. Ref seen it clearly (I'm sure they both went at it...but Guevara is a hot head) so he gets caught and gets sent to the dressing room.

The trainer uttered something to the ref and his ass gets sent packing as well ( He was acting all pissed off on his way out) but it was fucking hilarious.

adampz
08-03-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't belong to anybody my friend.
Least of which is taking orders from you on how, what , and when to cheer
or what I am allowed to think. good point, im just tired and frustrated like everybody else, and im overreacting when people criticize the club, my bad.

Cashcleaner
08-03-2008, 06:26 PM
ahh the Maple Leafs support

So basically, a Maple Leaf Supporter is BOTH a fan who drops his support and moves on at the slightest hint of a bad season while at the same time being a fan who idolises his team to a point where no criticism, no matter how valid, can be given.

That's another thing I love about these boards. The definitions keep changing.

windsorlad111
08-03-2008, 06:28 PM
i gave up my ticket today and am considering phoning the friend who went instead to apologise for their first TFC experience.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
i gave up my ticket today and am considering phoning the friend who went instead to apologise for their first TFC experience.

LOL that ain't your responsibility my friend.

Get Carver to call.

Oldtimer
08-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Worst game this year.
Terrible refereeing.
Poor finishing by TFC against a not-very good Dallas squad.
Referee 2, TFC 0.

jimiv
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Okay it doesnt take that long to sign a striker...
cut ties with Cunny and be done with it already!!!!

I agree, I still believe TFC would be better down a man then with Cunningham. This guy can't finish!!!:mad:

At what point will they realize it would be a better business decision to write off the salary and just drop this guy, then keep him.

dag
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I just got back from the game, and I know there will be umpteen pages of commiseration of today's results, but permit to say -

To the S L U T who was wearing nothing but a thin, blue tube top and short jeans -

thank you ! !
:hump:

:topic:

jimiv
08-03-2008, 06:42 PM
LOL that ain't your responsibility my friend.

Get Carver to call.

I don't blame Carver, he has no choice but to use who he's given. The problem lays with the guy who can't sign a striker.

Ladies Love Julius James
08-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't blame Carver, he has no choice but to use who he's given. The problem lays with the guy who can't sign a striker.

No but Carver usually takes responsibility and he needs to use more plays etc.

boban
08-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Worst game this year.
Terrible refereeing.
Poor finishing by TFC against a not-very good Dallas squad.
Referee 2, TFC 0.
Oh bitch and complain.
The incident(s) started happening at the 78th minute. Thats more than enough time to knock at least one in. They can't even do that.
THE TEAM IS NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!
And Carver had a whole week to prepare with practices. He can't use the 'no time to practice' shit excuse.

MFG1
08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
theres not much more in the tank, i guess. Their plays and set pieces are becoming so predictable, its pathetic. If it hasnt worked in the last 10 games or so why are we continuously making the same plays? I wish I could go to this practice on tuesday, just to see what goes on.

boban
08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I just got back from the game, and I know there will be umpteen pages of commiseration of today's results, but permit to say -

To the S L U T who was wearing nothing but a thin, blue tube top and short jeans -

thank you ! !

Any video or pics?]

MFBODD
08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Velez got the first card because the FC Dallas keeper fell hard and the ref passed the blame onto him. 2nd card was because he was an asshole and got one for dissent ( basically being an asshole)

Guevara got the red because he went in the box with another FC Dallas dude ( ball was no where in play) and the dude came out with a bloody nose. Ref seen it clearly (I'm sure they both went at it...but Guevara is a hot head) so he gets caught and gets sent to the dressing room.

The trainer uttered something to the ref and his ass gets sent packing as well ( He was acting all pissed off on his way out) but it was fucking hilarious.

I'm in 105 and with the glare of the sun + the pints in my system it was hard to tell what happened on the Guevara call. We were controlling the game, but not scoring (the usual) at that point and I couldn't believe the call. Red card and this club is done. 2 reds...well, the match ends up 2-0.

Cunny. Caver cuts this guy up in front of the press, yet he starts him today? One thing...our corners were much better tonight. Cunny...fucking Cunny...Fucking corner...

We showed promise and got cut down.

Do you all remember April? The start of the season and we lose our first 2. Same old, right? Then we fire off three wins in a row... 4-1-2 in the seven after the first two matches.

Lads, we haven't won a match in 11 (inc friendlies here)...but I will still show up to each match and I will still support my club. Don't show up if you must, but this is all we've got. Plus, going to a TFC match is much more than the actual game. It's the support that surrounds the match that make it appealing. It's something I've never seen in this city. I see Italia, Portugal, Jamaica, England, Scotland kits everywhere, yet we support the same club.

We suck...fuck it. I'll be there to cheer our boys on against the Revs. Still, we must improve.

dag
08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
^ Sorry, didn't bring my camera. She was brunette, hair in a ponytail, a clear exhibitionist with something worth showing off. Her boyfriend's a lucky man.

MFBODD
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM

thank you ! !

Another reason why I'll keep going!! Some distractions from the match are well worth it.

OooooTFC!
08-03-2008, 07:00 PM

thank you ! !

:O I SAW HER TOO :D

S_D
08-03-2008, 07:00 PM
If you think today was bad look what we can look forward to the next game:

Guevara - gone for at least 1 game
Velez - gone for at least 1 game
Dunny - out for the season
Tebily - gone
Dichio - mostlikely out
Wynne - Olympics
Edu - Olympics

That leaves 11 players left out of 18
Our entire bench will be made of developmental roster players unless a few of them start.

ouch!

MFG1
08-03-2008, 07:01 PM
maybe Barrett too for next game???? (injury)

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Brennan tried to shake the officials hands.

Bingo. Carver was so livid with the officiating, he didn't want his player shaking their hands.

Antoshka
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
:O I SAW HER TOO :D

what section?

BigD
08-03-2008, 07:06 PM

Tebily - gone
Dichio - mostlikely out
Wynne - Olympics
Edu - Olympics

Our entire bench will be made of developmental roster players unless a few of them start.

ouch!

Also, Robert is one Yellow away from a 1 game suspension ... it could be interesting :)

Mark in Ottawa
08-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Today was a tough game to watch. CBC's coverage doesn't seem to be very thorough camera wise... or is it just me? Hockey games seem to have replays available from 4 or 5 angles while the only replay we could get of todays carding incident was a shot that must have been coming from bitchy's nest!

How many cameras does CBC use to cover football? I wonder how many BBC or Setanta uses to cover EPL games?

S_D
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Also, Robert is one Yellow away from a 1 game suspension ... it could be interesting :)

If TFC keeps this up we could end up fielding the TFC Academy players lol.

BigD
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I also have to say something that disgusted me about the game today.

Walking through the GO tunnel after the game people were chanting "This is our house!" .... WTF? ... I actually tried responding with "Not to-day!"

Chanting for the sake of chanting is NOT OK ...

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 07:11 PM
They may call on the supporters to start filling in player roles.

boban
08-03-2008, 07:12 PM
^ Sorry, didn't bring my camera. She was brunette, hair in a ponytail, a clear exhibitionist with something worth showing off. Her boyfriend's a lucky man.
Well if she's that hot then why don't you take her from him?

MrHawk
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I also have to say something that disgusted me about the game today.

Walking through the GO tunnel after the game people were chanting "This is our house!" .... WTF? ... I actually tried responding with "Not to-day!"

Chanting for the sake of chanting is NOT OK ...

I think this was already discussed in the one thread about the Vancouver Whitecaps game.

boban
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM

Tebily - gone
Dichio - mostlikely out
Wynne - Olympics
Edu - Olympics

ouch!
OK. So when these guys were in the line up we weren't winning anything anyway.
So the question is how is it worse?

BigD
08-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I think this was already discussed in the one thread about the Vancouver Whitecaps game.

I know ... i just had to vent about it ...

Vince Whirlwind
08-03-2008, 07:19 PM
On one hand I'm happy MLSE brought MLS to toronto, but familiar with the way they run their sports teams, I'm also bummed out by the fact that they own TFC.

You would THINK that we'd have some sort of at least "medium name" (OK not Beckham, but you know what I mean) kinda player, preferably a striker, after a year and a half of sell-outs and crazy merch sales.

I dunno, if I'm MLSE I try and make TFC the premier club in N.America and not roll over to the Galaxy in that respect. I just don't sit back after a few reasonably good signings (ricketts, robert) and just let the money roll in. I just can't believe they haven't found ONE guy in the entire FREAKIN' WORLD who would play here and make an obvious difference. Is it Mo's fault or MLSE??? I just find it hard to fathom we're sending out 16 year-old kids and re-treds that Carver has publicly embarrassed.

Sigh - MLSE is a loser enterprise in one respect, that is fielding quality teams in any sport they're involved with. Damn if they don't rake in the $$$ though.

mr k
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Today was a tough game to watch. CBC's coverage doesn't seem to be very thorough camera wise... or is it just me? Hockey games seem to have replays available from 4 or 5 angles while the only replay we could get of todays carding incident was a shot that must have been coming from bitchy's nest!

How many cameras does CBC use to cover football? I wonder how many BBC or Setanta uses to cover EPL games?

they need to get rid of Mitch Peacock and replace him with some cameras. They do these games on the cheap - but the ratings don't warrant adding cameras for now. But at least get the direction right as they missed about a few plays stuck in replays or showing something else.

gardooney
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I thought we played well today. Carried the play and had many chances, but as has been the case all season we just could not finish. If one of our early chances had gone in it would have been a totally different ending. Best part of the game was after, getting that free razor. It has a battery and vibrates god dammit. Imagine... a vibrating razor. I can't wait for Tuesday morning. A clean vibrant shave. Priceless. Another thing I noticed today was the annoying chants in the tunnel were not happening. A sign perhaps that people are feeling pissed after a loss,as apposed to happily singing.

dag
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
The chick I drooled over was in the east side somewhere. I saw before gametime and at half. But I could neverwin her over; chicks like that seem to be superficial, and not into one-handed, coke-bottle thick glasses, bald guys - um, I mean, educated, cultured, well-traveled gentlemen.

Today's results weren't a complete surprise. Much (not most, admittedly) of the heart of the team is absent. But Guevara, Robert, Robinson, and Brennan can only do so much.

Benficachop20
08-03-2008, 07:29 PM
maybe i'm wrong, but instead of a pk, shouldn't it be a freekick inside the box instead?

Still don't know how the ref missed the obvious elbow thrown to i think Velez and then Velez gets sent off 5 secs later.

Fernandinho
08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
not sure if this was mentioned, but does anyone who went to the game know why we were let in half an hour before (3:30) the game started, man things arent going right at all

adampz
08-03-2008, 07:33 PM
not sure if this was mentioned, but does anyone who went to the game know why we were let in half an hour before (3:30) the game started, man things arent going right at all Simple things mlse needs to fix.

Oblio2
08-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Yet again, we didn't create much at all.
I was thinking about the "big name players" or "medium" players and for fucks sake, we have them.
Laurent Fucking Robert, Ricketts, Guevera....What we need, what we really need is a striker who can bang them in.
Barrett tried hard and I'll give him that...I think he's a decent player who will be a good #2 forward. What I don't understand is how, 3/4 of the way through season 2, we still don't have a DP (striker).
This is MLSE. MLSE who threw stupid money at Jeff Finger (who the fuck are you!!!) for ther Leafs.
I don't think for a second that Mo isn't trying. Im sure he's running his little cotton socks off...but comon, throw MORE money. Get a player. This is a good city to live in, better than half the shit holes the other teams play in.
MLSE/MO needs to get a DP striker in now because Dichio is close to being done, Barrett is a good player, young and determioned but coming to the end of his contract. Smith isn't scoring and Christopher Reeves would bag more chances than Cunny (*Who I will say, ran a lot today...still, he's absolute shit!)

Now, Guvera dederved to get sent off. Silly play in punching the oppponent. Velez, stupid but unfair, the first yellow was BS.
Still, with a yellow already...SHUT THE FUCK UP and dont yell.

I dont blame Carver....I just think we suck lately and need a striker.
Oh, Carl Robinson was excellent today. Good passes, strong tackling in midfield and back tracking. This guy is excellent.

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM
not sure if this was mentioned, but does anyone who went to the game know why we were let in half an hour before (3:30) the game started, man things arent going right at all
Rooney seemed to think the scanners were f##ked. I was quite content to stay 15 mins extra at the tailgate and have another, erm, "coffee".

Benficachop20
08-03-2008, 07:36 PM

that was ridiculous. 5 minutes into the game, i looked over to the gate and saw that there was still a big group waiting to get in.

dag
08-03-2008, 07:37 PM

Shortly after I got in, I saw a guy wearing a BMO Field shirt and carting a clipboard with a pre-opening checklist, and I asked him why the gates were open only 30 minutes before the start. He said there was "a problem with security", that they were short-staffed.

Chevy
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Rumour is that it was the Alcohol & Gaming commission's attempt at limiting beer sales. I also heard from a beer vendor that they are now not allowed to sell in the south end - supporters must leave their seats and buy beer from the concession.

S_D
08-03-2008, 07:41 PM
OK. So when these guys were in the line up we weren't winning anything anyway.
So the question is how is it worse?

If Barrett is out

Cunningham will stay in the lineup :D

But on a serious note:

2 rookies on defense unless a trade can be pulled off is asking for trouble. I would imagine James will play CB and Hemming at RB unless Brennan is moved to the middle.

If Barrett is out our fowards are Cunningham/Ibee/Smith

I can see a trade/signing happening ASAP. The team is just too short-handed to compete.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I dunno what the hell happened at the gate...we were walking towards the stadium at 3:30 and the lineups at Gate 1 were all the way back past the food building!

As for the game?

Um...

Pass me a stiff drink please. I don't even know what to say. We played like garbage, but that ref was probably the worst to step on BMO Field ever. There were guys around me talking about invading the pitch....a stupid idea I know...but people were really pissed.

I know I was.

This is depressing. I am at a loss for words.

dag
08-03-2008, 07:42 PM
If Roogsy is "at a loss for words", I'm not reading this board any more!

Chevy
08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
That's the ballgame. Sutton with yet another blunder, not that it would have mattered. The truth is that the other teams in MLS have improved their cohesiveness and talent level as the season has gone on, while Toronto hasn't. In the first half of the year, you could see teams intimidated and unable to play in the BMO atmosphere, now they seem full of confidence and they can keep possession and attack. I don't think Toronto is that much worse, just the other teams have gotten better.

Edwards deserves to start!!

Not to get down on Sutton (but I will anyway) but I think that his distribution skills are shit - it seems like on every play he sprints to the top of the box, fakes a throw or two, makes some bs gestures, then rolls it out to velez or robert. shit.

gardooney
08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Another thing....did anyone else notice the raccoon traps at the top of some aisles? Could be someone elses house and not ours.....

Fernandinho
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Rumour is that it was the Alcohol & Gaming commission's attempt at limiting beer sales. I also heard from a beer vendor that they are now not allowed to sell in the south end - supporters must leave their seats and buy beer from the concession.

I also noticed there were no beer vendors near 110/111 either, correct me if iam wrong, but i didnt seen any

dag
08-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Edwards deserves to start!!

Not to get down on Sutton (but I will anyway) but I think that his distribution skills are shit - it seems like on every play he sprints to the top of the box, fakes a throw or two, makes some bs gestures, then rolls it out to velez or robert. shit.

...or beyond the reach of a teammate and into touch.

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I dunno what the hell happened at the gate...we were walking towards the stadium at 3:30 and the lineups at Gate 1 were all the way back past the food building!

As for the game?

Um...

Pass me a stiff drink please. I don't even know what to say. We played like garbage, but that ref was probably the worst to step on BMO Field ever. There were guys around me talking about invading the pitch....a stupid idea I know...but people were really pissed.

I know I was.

This is depressing. I am at a loss for words.
While not condoning such action , I can completely see why people would want to. It was all Carver/Brennan/ Robbo could do not to nut the bastard. I watched the 2 red card incidents on slow mo at home and still do not see that either was justified.
It's refereeing like that that induces crowd violence.

Vince Whirlwind
08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Yet again, we didn't create much at all.
I was thinking about the "big name players" or "medium" players and for fucks sake, we have them.
Laurent Fucking Robert, Ricketts, Guevera....What we need, what we really need is a striker who can bang them in.
Barrett tried hard and I'll give him that...I think he's a decent player who will be a good #2 forward. What I don't understand is how, 3/4 of the way through season 2, we still don't have a DP (striker).
This is MLSE. MLSE who threw stupid money at Jeff Finger (who the fuck are you!!!) for ther Leafs.
I don't think for a second that Mo isn't trying. Im sure he's running his little cotton socks off...but comon, throw MORE money. Get a player. This is a good city to live in, better than half the shit holes the other teams play in.
MLSE/MO needs to get a DP striker in now because Dichio is close to being done, Barrett is a good player, young and determioned but coming to the end of his contract. Smith isn't scoring and Christopher Reeves would bag more chances than Cunny (*Who I will say, ran a lot today...still, he's absolute shit!)

Now, Guvera dederved to get sent off. Silly play in punching the oppponent. Velez, stupid but unfair, the first yellow was BS.
Still, with a yellow already...SHUT THE FUCK UP and dont yell.

I dont blame Carver....I just think we suck lately and need a striker.
Oh, Carl Robinson was excellent today. Good passes, strong tackling in midfield and back tracking. This guy is excellent.

Aye...at the beginning of the season it was apparent we needed some midfielders and a bonafide striker.

We got the midfielders, they were cheap I guess, but still no DP striker. Look at us now...our best hope is Barrett, who although has a reasonable history, isn't near the answer.

That to me illustrates a lack of foresight at the least and more likely, total lack of concern by MLSE.

Don't be surprised if they try and get Tie Domi signed with TFC somehow to sell more TFC jersey's.

Dub Narcotic
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
If Barrett is out

2 rookies on defense unless a trade can be pulled off is asking for trouble. I would imagine James will play CB and Roselund at RB unless Brennan is moved to the middle.

I can see a trade/signing happening ASAP. The team is just too short-handed to compete.

I' m not too worried about the backline. James can play CB and Hemming can play RB, which I actually like better than Marco at CB and James at RB anyway.

trane
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Not a bad game by the team. We got fucked by the ref, and our stiker issues have not been solved with Barret, I did not mind what I so from him. I liked his last shot, it showed striker instincts, but I would like him as a sub, or our second striker. The game shuold have finsighed one nil for us, or as a draw we got screwed there is no other way of putting it. I am not afraid of critizising the team, and I will not say that they were perfect but our problems are summed up, in this game. Shit ref, not starting stiker/ [ DP, Dichio, Barret, Ibrahim, Smith- would look good]

S_D
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Dub I meant hemming...I was editing my post when you quoted me...keep getting the two confused lol.

After watching James play, I am not sure he is ready to start yet. I have a feeling he was a bit overhyped. But I agree that Velez has been screwing up quite a bit lately. Whether that first card was justified or not Oblio had it right...keep your mouth shut

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
If no beer sales in the South stand cuts down on idiots chucking beer and stuff on the pitch that's fine by me. I'd sooner have to go and fetch beers than watch the match thru netting or a fence.Seems like a perfectly reasonable move, plus it saves me some $$$s.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 08:02 PM
You're going to wake up at 4:30 am to watch them destroy Argentina women's team? :canada:

Damn right I am. :canada:

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
If no beer sales in the South stand cuts down on idiots chucking beer and stuff on the pitch that's fine by me. I'd sooner have to go and fetch beers than watch the match thru netting or a fence.Seems like a perfectly reasonable move, plus it saves me some $$$s.

Did you see how many beers hit the pitch today?

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:03 PM
As if it's just the fucking south end too.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2008, 08:07 PM
No, being a real supporter doesn't equal being mentally challenged or visually impaired. Anyone who doesn't care how poorly the team is performing is just going to the games for the beer and the hot dogs as someone else mentioned above. Unfortunately BMO Field has become the "go-to" place in Toronto ... the place where people go to be considered "cool" by their peers. Absolutely disgusting.

Not to be argumentative, however...

Maybe that's true, but ultimately, I think bringing in casuals who are there for whatever reason, is the key to growing the fan base for the club.

I'm sure quite a few folks go there for the "social cache" a TFC game seems to have, but you know what? Perhaps more than a few of them leave the game genuinely more interested in football, and the club, than they were before.

I was at the match today, and had some "indie" dipshits sitting behind me the whole game talking about the Leafs and Family Guy, but I accept that some percentage of the crowd will always be made up of idiots like that.

Anyway, as for the game, I also thought Cunningham showed a surprising amount of hustle. There were a few times that he chased down seemingly lost balls, and almost made decent plays out of them. The guy still has speed, I will give him that. Once again though, he had a corner kick land right on his leg at the side of the goal, and didn't know what to do with it.

Barrett played well too. The bicycle kick he injured himself on, was a great attempt. I'm glad we got him.

Overall, though it is clear this team is woeful at finishing, I thought we played decently (until things fell apart at the end). Didn't see what happened on the Guevara red card, as I was following the ball at the time, and I thought both of Velez's cards were bunk. The ref deserved to get pelted with beer. Thought it was funny that the officials got a police escort off the field - they needed it.

I also loved Carver refusing to let his players shake hands with the refs. The shoddy officiating basically cost them not only this match, but probably their next one as well (because of the bogus cards). He was right to be livid.

It was a disappointing afternoon, but I will continue to support my team. Everyone saying otherwise is either a bandwagon hopper, or simply going through the same grieving process we went through after the Montreal match. :D

- Scott

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Im alittle late hitting this 8 page thread!

WHY did the gates open 30mins prior to kick off!!!??

What a fucking mess getting in!

Chevy
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
^^^^

Oldtimer
I also loved Carver refusing to let his players shake hands with the refs. The shoddy officiating basically cost them not only this match, but probably their next one as well (because of the bogus cards). He was right to be livid.

Actually, it was probably a really good thing that he refused to let them shake hands with the ref. It actually looked like Jimmy B was itching to punch the ref in the face!

arbogast

there was no seat service for beer in 111 today either

Chevy
08-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Correct. The vendor said they were not allowed to sell in all of the south end AND 111

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I had first-timers all around me.

The object is to make them second timers and third timers and then they'll be red wearing, chanting fans.

If a first timer doesnt come back, then so what? I was impressed with the newbs on my left today. They were brand new and didnt know shit, but they wanted to contribute and they did. They messed up the chants, and came off as completely new, but they gave it. Next time they'll be better, and they enjoyed themselves enough to come a second time, because the atmosphere was electric at times, despite the fact that the game was terrible.

This is a win situation, and we need to start accomodating the newbs and tourists. because to be honest, I dont see all these hardcore fans who apparently cant get tickets in the south end, when there's like ten being offered for face and less at Shoeless or the tailgate.

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Actually, it was probably a really good thing that he refused to let them shake hands with the ref. It actually looked like Jimmy B was itching to punch the ref in the face!

Funny you should say that. At first I thought it looked like someone was restraining Brennan from going towards the referees. It was then that my friend and I realized it was Carver, haha.

My buddy seemed to think Carver "lacked sportsmanship" by not letting his players shake with the officials. I told him that those officials likely ended up costing TFC two matches, and "sportsmanship" has nothing to do with it.

Another thing - the gate problems were shit. By the time the match started, the stands were still half empty.

Lastly, does anyone know what happened with the member of the coaching staff that got sent off? What did he do?

- Scott

mauser09
08-03-2008, 08:17 PM
oooooooh fuck the refereeeeeee, fuck the referee, fuck the referee, fuck the refereeeeeeeeeeeee!.........

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:18 PM
As if it's just the fucking south end too.

True...there were dozens sailing down from the west stands as the game was winding down.

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Beer throwers are all over the west stand, it's pathetic that we're being singled out.

London
08-03-2008, 08:21 PM
i was in 125 today and the bottles came mostly from the north end (not NEE)
behind the pitch

ExiledRed
08-03-2008, 08:21 PM
oooooooh fuck the refereeeeeee, fuck the referee, fuck the referee, fuck the refereeeeeeeeeeeee!.........

Im going to take credit for starting that. (it was coming anyway, I know)

I changed it to fuck the MLS after about ten verses, and it grew.

Messages need to be sent, the last ten minutes was much better protest than anything that went on at the All Star, we were awesome in our fury.

Roogsy
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Funny enough...it was coming from the prawn sandwich sections. A rowdy bunch they are!

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Beer throwers are all over the west stand, it's pathetic that we're being singled out.

I don't condone such actions, but I was PRAYING for one or two to peg the official right in the head, just to get our message across. :D

M buddy and I also watched the officials as they walked through the tunnel at the end of the match, and we waited for a hailstorm of beer and foreign objects there too. It never came.

- Scott

Jimmy The Saint
08-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Funny enough...it was coming from the prawn sandwich sections. A rowdy bunch they are!

Just becasue we suck prawns, doesn't mean we don't know our football...

(I was at home with three crying, grumpy kids...and then they got a look at their dad when he's yelling ata TFC match on TV. dinner and bed time was not fun today...)

TFC OZZ
08-03-2008, 08:46 PM
I hate Sala, what a huge tool. I wanted to throw a brick at the guy. I felt really proud though when I started the "YOU DON'T MAKE FRIENDS WITH 'SALA', YOU DON'T MAKE FRIENDS WITH 'SALA'!! " chant (in reference to the simpsons episode where bart chants you don't make friends with Salad!). I thought it was hilarious.

And Don't een get me started on Rocha, I hate him more than Donovan. What a fag, wouldn't take the corners, and tried to block suttons kicks with his hands.

I'm so pissed off about the game right now...

StevieG
08-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Fuck.......Every time i wear my TFC jersey they either lose or tie.......and when i don't wear it they either win or tie........what should i do for the next game boys???

TFC John
08-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Fuck.......Every time i wear my TFC jersey they either lose or tie.......and when i don't wear it they either win or tie........what should i do for the next game boys???

Stop thinking that you control the fate of the team - you don't!!!

They win or lose because of what they do on the field not because of your jersey or some other guys underwear or whether someone else took a piss at halftime. You are not that important. Live with it.

Fernandinho
08-03-2008, 09:01 PM
^^he cant help being superstitious

StevieG
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
^^Next game we shall see (That's right, no TFC shirt)

I feel a win coming!

TFC Cityboy
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Did you see how many beers hit the pitch today?
Yeah but I think it's fair to say that the last 10 minutes today were exceptional in the fury unleashed at the incompetence of the officials, mate. I can't recall being that fucking furious at a ref in 25 or so years.

ag futbol
08-03-2008, 09:06 PM
I hate Sala, what a huge tool. I wanted to throw a brick at the guy. I felt really proud though when I started the "YOU DON'T MAKE FRIENDS WITH 'SALA', YOU DON'T MAKE FRIENDS WITH 'SALA'!! " chant (in reference to the simpsons episode where bart chants you don't make friends with Salad!). I thought it was hilarious.

And Don't een get me started on Rocha, I hate him more than Donovan. What a fag, wouldn't take the corners, and tried to block suttons kicks with his hands.

I'm so pissed off about the game right now...

I have to say even after that terrible game i laughed reading that. Well done.

Keep the Sala chant in reserve for next game, briliant!

Blizzard
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Lastly, does anyone know what happened with the member of the coaching staff that got sent off? What did he do?

- Scott

The way it appeared to me was that he made a comment toward the Assistant who then called over the Referee who ordered him off the bench. As it came shortly after the bogus offside call on Brennan down in the south-east corner, I surmised it was some sort of comment regarding the Assistant's accuity of vision.

Phil
08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
Some post game quotes

"It's the same old story, isn't it?" Toronto captain Jim Brennan said when asked about the refereeing. "You guys asking the questions because you know there is a problem with it. If you guys are asking us the questions about refereeing and fans asking about refereeing, maybe there is a problem ... I think everybody else that watches the game knows what is going on."

Carver stopped several of his players from shaking Toledo's hand after the game.

"Do you think he deserved it?" Carver said. "I've never ever in my life not shook an official's hand."

Guevara, who could face a lengthy suspension, claimed he was elbowed by Ricchetti before he struck him.

"People come here to watch (the referee), so ask him," Guevara said through a translator when asked about the call. "The card's okay, but why's one not given to (Ricchetti) as well."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2008/08/03/tfc_fcdallas/

Terry
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I hope they post Carver's post match conference on the video player.

iansmcl
08-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Not that I didn't sing... but... don't we think singing "Fuck the referee" will just cause bad things to happen if/when Toledo refs a game of ours again? Or especially for the rest of the current game?

PS... OooOooOoo, fuck our shite play!!! Fuck our shite play! Fuck our shite play! Fuck our shite playyyYYYyyy!

Phil
08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
^^^ game was gone by the time that one was going wild.

I do agree though, when we get on the ref early they call the game harder against us.

TicTacTabarnack
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah but I think it's fair to say that the last 10 minutes today were exceptional in the fury unleashed at the incompetence of the officials, mate. I can't recall being that fucking furious at a ref in 25 or so years.

I was very very close to throwing today ... I'm not for throwing beer especially when it costs 12 bucks, but i was very very tempted at trying to peg the linesman in the head. Alas ... 3 cops showed up after the shower of beer onto the pitch. Also ... The cops where just boning to throw some people out for it, but talked to Suits who calmed them down. The fans are pissed for a reason and MLS has to do something about it.

Robbo should have given his Carlsburg Man of the Match honours to the ref, because he deserved it. He should have given a red to the FC Dallas player for instigation and it would have been fair. 2 reds and a coach ejection?!?!? I'm sorry ... but there's a serious problem with this picture!

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 10:13 PM
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet....

This was our first loss at home in league play since our 2-2 draw with the Revs at the end of last season.

Dirk Diggler
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet....

This was our first loss at home in league play since our 2-2 draw with the Revs at the end of last season.

LOL that statement doesn't make sense.

I think what you meant to say is:

This was our first loss at home in league play since our 1-2 loss to Columbus Crew last year in September.

Hooligan69
08-03-2008, 10:31 PM
LOL that statement doesn't make sense.

I think what you meant to say is:

This was our first loss at home in league play since our 1-2 loss to Columbus Crew last year in September.

LOL Well, you guys know what I meant. :lol:

nascarguy
08-03-2008, 10:35 PM
that is how it is in england my sister just got back from england and she said that you can not buy any beer at the game

doublebluebacker
08-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Why do you even come on these boards if youre gonna complain like that, they lost a game, so now they dont deserve to sell out, and theyre a piece of shit team? I guess this is north american sports fans for you.

well for one thing hes right tfc is putrid, their savior head coach is a dud and cant coach his way to save his life, the tender couldnt save a shot in a phone booth.....use the turf for something else some of these guys dont deserve to be out there.....its embarrassing to toronto...i guess itll take the argos coming to bmo before theres a winner at that stadium

mclaren
08-03-2008, 11:14 PM
that is how it is in england my sister just got back from england and she said that you can not buy any beer at the game

You can buy beer at games in England, you just can`t drink beer in the stands, just the concourse (speaking from experience).

Shakes McQueen
08-03-2008, 11:16 PM
well for one thing hes right tfc is putrid, their savior head coach is a dud and cant coach his way to save his life, the tender couldnt save a shot in a phone booth.....use the turf for something else some of these guys dont deserve to be out there.....its embarrassing to toronto...i guess itll take the argos coming to bmo before theres a winner at that stadium

Hey, look everyone! It's the very first pro-argos astroturfer!

The "double blue backer" gave it away.

- Scott