PDA

View Full Version : I want the Reds to win Campeones Cup!!!

Red CB Toronto
09-06-2018, 02:10 PM
https://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/CC%20Trophy%203.jpg

samuraizero
09-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Thats a pretty cup. Would look good in the TFC trophy room

Red4ever
09-06-2018, 02:34 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/almost-care.gif

Alonso
09-06-2018, 02:38 PM

LOL!

Yeah.

Don't care.

Globetrotter
09-06-2018, 02:57 PM
It could eventually mean something - would be great to get the first one.

If we tie or lose to LAG - then we go all in for it. If we beat LAG and the teams above us lose, I think that will give too much hope that season is still in reach to the point they dont play all the big guns for the Tigres game.

Red CB Toronto
09-06-2018, 03:07 PM
Guess it will be right up there with the former North American SuperLiga, that was contested by MLS and Liga MX squads.

paul-collins
09-06-2018, 03:18 PM
It could eventually mean something - would be great to get the first one.

If we tie or lose to LAG - then we go all in for it. If we beat LAG and the teams above us lose, I think that will give too much hope that season is still in reach to the point they dont play all the big guns for the Tigres game.
That's kind of where I'm at, too.

Oldtimer
09-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Mod note: thread title updated to be more specific.

Oldtimer
09-06-2018, 03:57 PM
So the ad for this is "one cup?"

Such a bad idea... leads to people saying things like "two teams, one cup." arrgghhh

As far as the competition itself is, I value it as much as the Trillium Cup (which hopefully will die an ignoble death should the Crew move). Maybe it will grow to something in the future. I kind of doubt it though.

OgtheDim
09-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Here's the thing about this trophy:

Our team worked its butt off to win that MLS Cup. How many times do people think we'll get a chance to get in this game again?

To my mind, we got a better chance of hosting another MLS Cup in the next 4 years then playing this.

This competition isn't going away & I would be suprised if, given the year, TFC doesn't take it seriously as a marker towards next years CCL.

I get people put league first before any of our cups. But this is a lot more difficult to get to then anything else we get into.

Tunnelred
09-06-2018, 04:04 PM
Tigres have a derby game vs Monterrey the following weekend. That’s a huge game. Can’t see them bringing a full strength squad up to Canada for a glorified friendly.

Red CB Toronto
09-06-2018, 07:23 PM

Such a bad idea... leads to people saying things like "two teams, one cup." arrgghhh

As far as the competition itself is, I value it as much as the Trillium Cup (which hopefully will die an ignoble death should the Crew move). Maybe it will grow to something in the future. I kind of doubt it though.

Big difference here is this is a competitive match sanctioned by both leagues , a championship of sorts for North American football, comparable to say a Super Cup in Europe. The Trillium was a made up marketing thing.

Red4ever
09-06-2018, 07:48 PM
If this gave us a spot in the club world cup. Sure, then its competitive.

As it stands. Meh.

motorheadfc
09-06-2018, 08:50 PM

reminds me of the '2 girls, 1 cup' banner that was flown at BMO in'09? when CBUS made their visit here after winning the mls cup the year before. scholetto and someone else featured as the '2 girls'

ensco
09-06-2018, 09:14 PM
You play to win the game.

W42iiCcFbxE

Richard
09-06-2018, 10:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42iiCcFbxE

That's a classic!

JT Red127
09-07-2018, 07:16 AM
One thing the team should have done was include this game to all season seat holders. Would have been a nice "gift" of sorts for the MLS Cup win, and to fill the seats. We'll have a small attendance for this match. I don't think they are even selling the upper east stand.

Areathrasher
09-07-2018, 07:36 AM
I have no issue with this type of game.

My only quibble is that it should be done in preseason similar to other Super Cups.

Red CB Toronto
09-07-2018, 08:04 AM
One thing the team should have done was include this game to all season seat holders. Would have been a nice "gift" of sorts for the MLS Cup win, and to fill the seats. We'll have a small attendance for this match. I don't think they are even selling the upper east stand.

That is the truth, they are not selling the east upper deck. Lots of tickets are still available. Will likely come in around what they got for the Vancouver game which also was not included in our season ticket package.While I understand some peps take on this game, I personally am looking forward to it.

Voodooman
09-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Well if we lose vs the Galaxy, we are pretty much done so why not go all out and win this!

Justin10000
09-07-2018, 01:53 PM
I still don't care!

Ossington Mental Youth
09-07-2018, 04:25 PM
Guess it will be right up there with the former North American SuperLiga, that was contested by MLS and Liga MX squads.

This exactly. Nothing but a glamorized friendly

James17930
09-07-2018, 06:26 PM

Yeah, that's just what I came here to see ... if anyone had said it yet. You beat me to it!

portu
09-07-2018, 08:34 PM

Yup, I couldn't give less of a shit about this money grab

ensco
09-07-2018, 08:57 PM
You guys are downers.

I say the glass is half full- let's play this game!

ag futbol
09-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Yup, I couldn't give less of a shit about this money grab
Same. This is an unnecessary mid-season distraction.

TFC1986
09-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Agreed. Disgusting money grab. And they still send an email yesterday, trying to convince season seat holders to purchase.
Might as well have the winner of NASL play the runner up of MLS, while they are at it.
Wouldn't even go if tickets were free right now. Maybe in twenty years from now, if this trophy carries some sort of honor or prestige. For now it's the same junk your child brings from art class to hang on the mantle, while the wife believes it's something.:facepalm:

TFC1986
09-08-2018, 09:01 AM
This also makes me laugh. Selling tickets on travelzoo, for same cost as Season Seat Holders.
https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/entertainment/-25-Campeones-Cup-Toronto-FC-vs-Tigres-UANL-Reg-40-2663086/

Oldtimer
09-08-2018, 10:25 AM
This also makes me laugh. Selling tickets on travelzoo, for same cost as Season Seat Holders.
https://www.travelzoo.com/ca/entertainment/-25-Campeones-Cup-Toronto-FC-vs-Tigres-UANL-Reg-40-2663086/

Means there will be a lot of Canadian based Tigres fans there.

Gringo Starr
09-08-2018, 11:38 AM
If our season had gone better I'm sure this game would be an easier sell. The games against Tigres were some of the best we ever played, if the players are competitive we are going to see another great game, it will really depend on how the clubs approach it. I'm looking forward to seeing Tigres again, will hope for the best in terms of game quality, and hope to see the guys lift another trophy. Truth is we won't see this lineup- one that has given us great memories- together for much longer why not come out and enjoy it for the distraction it is, maybe just maybe we will see another great game.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-10-2018, 06:48 AM
Well if we lose vs the Galaxy, we are pretty much done so why not go all out and win this!

This!
And in the remaining 6 MLS games after the Galaxy use then the full TFC 2 squad, and finish those games with a 0-0-6, and a -18 to a -24 goal diferrential record.
Would be a nice run-out mini season for those kids...

Voodooman
09-10-2018, 07:05 AM
This!
And in the remaining 6 MLS games after the Galaxy use then the full TFC 2 squad, and finish those games with a 0-0-6, and a -18 to a -24 goal diferrential record.

That would almost put TFC 2 players with the same amount of playing time as first team members by the end of the year sadly enough aha.

Oldtimer
09-10-2018, 09:11 AM
This!

If we went 0-0-6 for the remainder of the season, the fanbase would go nuts.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-10-2018, 02:21 PM
If we went 0-0-6 for the remainder of the season, the fanbase would go nuts.

Maybe that would be a positive happening for the future of this club... in this moment of it's history...

ag futbol
09-10-2018, 03:38 PM
I think we need to check on a few guys and see who is ready for the first team. I wouldn’t field an entirely green lineup because they’d be outmatched at most positions and it would be hard to see how certainly players would perform when supported by the regulars.

Akinola is the obvious one. Not sure if anybody else is that close to ready. Hundal, perhaps. Endoh...

Areathrasher
09-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Given the CBA mentions bonuses for this type of game i suspect the only players TFC can play in this game are ones with MLS contracts. So that would rule out your Hundals, Endohs etc

Red CB Toronto
09-10-2018, 03:54 PM
I think we need to check on a few guys and see who is ready for the first team. I wouldn’t field an entirely green lineup because they’d be outmatched at most positions and it would be hard to see how certainly players would perform when supported by the regulars.

Akinola is the obvious one. Not sure if anybody else is that close to ready. Hundal, perhaps. Endoh...

Would it be Dunn, Daniels along with Ayo since they are actually on first team contracts. Not sure if the Reds have the space to do anything even on a short term basis for Endoh , Hundal etc?

KingLedley
09-13-2018, 02:56 AM
We are 9 points off playoffs with 7 games to go. Playoff probability is small.
This Cup is a good looking piece of silver for the trophy cabinet so I hope we win it and I will be there to watch. As the two leagues get closer over time we will look back and remember that we won it first in 2018, despite (possibly) missing playoffs

Joe Kool
09-13-2018, 08:58 AM
We are 9 points off playoffs with 7 games to go. Playoff probability is small.
This Cup is a good looking piece of silver for the trophy cabinet so I hope we win it and I will be there to watch. As the two leagues get closer over time we will look back and remember that we won it first in 2018, despite (possibly) missing playoffs

Would definitely be nice to win that in a season like this. Need those shining moments like when we won the Canadian Championship this year. At least there are some bright spots. If we don't win hopefully we make it a hell of a challenge for the Mexicans.

portu
09-13-2018, 01:46 PM

God I really rate Hundal

I'm still really disappointed with the level from TFC II. I think a lot of the better prospects would have been much better off with a loan to a higher quality side.

KingLedley
09-14-2018, 07:06 PM
You Beauty !

https://toronto-mp7static.mlsdigital.net/elfinderimages/CC%20Trophy%203.jpg

jloome
09-15-2018, 10:59 PM

W42iiCcFbxE

Interestingly, Philly's schedule the rest of the way in is atrociously difficult. They could conceivably lose out all of their games, or maybe pick up points against just Minnesota.

jazzy
09-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Maybe we’ll see Akinola , (and whose unpredictably keeps opponents guessing ,) who has been forgotten in Vanney’s own special way but hopefully won’t be lost a la Edwards . I’m sure those playing will be from the last place TFC 2, wow , and they don’t lower prices , shameful , we’re starting to be taken for granted ......again .......why doesn’t anyone ask why our 2nd team is so poor , Most other MLS teams have some very good backups / well placed reserve teams . Recipe for a disaster .