PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 27 - LAFC @ TFC Saturday Sept 1 8pm - Father & Son Games

OgtheDim
08-30-2018, 06:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-7c4VNGOgU

Have at It People

Voodooman
08-30-2018, 07:44 AM
Hopefully, the main squad is back!

Lets get 3 points, chances are slim but there's still a blip!

gracos
08-30-2018, 07:46 AM
I'm going out on a limb but I guarantee a Bradley will win

pfk
08-30-2018, 08:11 AM
Let's go chaps and start a streaks of eight wins in a row!

Voodooman
08-30-2018, 08:16 AM
I'm going out on a limb but I guarantee a Bradley will win

So what you're saying is I should put bets on a draw than.

Oldtimer
08-30-2018, 08:42 AM
Must win.

SoccMan2
08-30-2018, 10:12 AM
4-2 for coach Bradley it’s over people for the greatest team in history and the one of the greatest flop seasons in history!

Oldtimer
08-30-2018, 10:49 AM
4-2 for coach Bradley it’s over people for the greatest team in history and the one of the greatest flop seasons in history!

This isn't even close to the greatest flop season in MLS history, here's the 10 worst.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/12/the-10-worst-teams-in-mls-history.html

TFC in 2012 was only the 7th worst, and Winter + Mariner got only 23 points. There's actually much worse records.

This year, while very disappointing, isn't even close to these wipeouts.

Joe Kool
08-30-2018, 10:57 AM

I would have only considered it a flop if our full first choice team played most games and we still ended up with this type of season but they didn't so not really a flop. Don't forget the start of the season was us taking down Tigres and America and almost winning CCL. This is just more of a speed bump on the way to good things. If we don't make the playoffs the silver lining may be a stronger team for the CCL and next MLS season. Anyone who really knows this team understands that if we had full strength team for most of the year we could be contending for the Supporters Shield again. I am not concerned. Just going to enjoy hopefully some good games to finish off the season and whatever happens...happens.

pfk
08-30-2018, 11:16 AM
This isn't even close to the greatest flop season in MLS history, here's the 10 worst.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/12/the-10-worst-teams-in-mls-history.html

TFC in 2012 was only the 7th worst, and Winter + Mariner got only 23 points. There's actually much worse records.

This year, while very disappointing, isn't even close to these wipeouts.

I think the original poster meant a flop as going from winning to MLS Cup to not making the playoffs the following year.

Oldtimer
08-30-2018, 11:38 AM
I think the original poster meant a flop as going from winning to MLS Cup to not making the playoffs the following year.

Portland Timbers won the MLS Cup in 2015, and did not qualify in 2016. In fact they didn't win an away match all season. That's a pretty dramatic collapse.

OgtheDim
08-30-2018, 01:34 PM
FWIW, Vanney is as the presser this afternoon which indicates the charter flight out of Portland happened overnight.

pfk
08-31-2018, 08:54 AM
Portland Timbers won the MLS Cup in 2015, and did not qualify in 2016. In fact they didn't win an away match all season. That's a pretty dramatic collapse.

That is quite the collapse indeed. It will be a miracle if we get in the playoffs this year.

DinamoTFC
08-31-2018, 09:53 AM

One could argue this is an even greater flop coming from the Best Team Ever and first ever Treble Winners and CCL finalists.

Hugh Jazz
08-31-2018, 10:03 AM
I don't remember - what contributed to Portland's flop in 2016? I know they didn't go far in the CCL.

Oldtimer
08-31-2018, 10:30 AM
I don't remember - what contributed to Portland's flop in 2016? I know they didn't go far in the CCL.

I'd argue they didn't have an excuse like TFC has.

I'm disappointed too about what's happened this year, but we shouldn't descend into hyperbole in the process. This isn't the worst season ever (even TFC has had worse seasons), and it isn't the worst collapse ever. Let's not make ourselves feel worse than we need to.

I'll gladly accept the tradeoff of two great years for one bad one, provided we can get back to winning ways next year. The "cap" penalizes teams that do consistently well, you end up getting rid of good players because of bonuses kicking in. It would have been much worse if we didn't have the cap going up each year and the addition of TAM which has offset this effect somewhat. I'm very aware, for example, that Beitashour would likely still be part of our team in most leagues around the world.

It's actually amazing that the Galaxy went on a run for several years (although some would say the league kept changing their rules to help the Galaxy stay on top). They deserve quite a bit of credit for that.

Oldtimer
08-31-2018, 10:38 AM
On another note, is this the first season we've had two games during the Ex? I don't ever remember that happening before.

Cas87
08-31-2018, 10:40 AM
On another note, is this the first season we've had two games during the Ex? I don't ever remember that happening before.

There have been a couple the last few years, though usually during the first weekend of the Ex then a mid-week before labour day.

2014 was one that I remembered.

notthesun
08-31-2018, 11:23 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1035561273335853056

cincy
08-31-2018, 11:44 AM
Do they scan your tickets at the entrances to the ex ? Or just look at your tickets and let you through ?

pfk
08-31-2018, 12:41 PM
Do they scan your tickets at the entrances to the ex ? Or just look at your tickets and let you through ?

They just looked at my ticket and let me through when I entered on Saturday.

Oldtimer
08-31-2018, 12:42 PM
There have been a couple the last few years, though usually during the first weekend of the Ex then a mid-week before labour day.

2014 was one that I remembered.

Ok, it's been a while then. Maybe it's my older age, lol.

JT Red127
08-31-2018, 12:46 PM

Yeah they never scan tickets for ex entry. Very informal.

OgtheDim
08-31-2018, 01:04 PM
Wear gear - have the ticket ready or the ticket on your app up - you'll get more bothered by staff at booths asking when the game is

eustacchio
08-31-2018, 01:14 PM
I went down to The Ex the first weekend (going to Fort York). When we got off the GO train we were told that you can't get the streetcar the usual way - you have to go into The Ex, just tell them you are going to the TTC. We did and they let us in. Security asked to check my sister's bag. We're going to the TTC. Oh, go right in then.

And we walked through The Ex to Strachan and got stamped on the way out.

paul-collins
08-31-2018, 02:27 PM
Usually there's an international break over Labour Day weekend. Been to a few CMNT games at the Ex.

Red CB Toronto
09-01-2018, 06:24 AM
good morning, it's game day, everyone have your voices ready, can you feel it !!!! :scarf: :drum::megaphone:

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 07:25 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1035561273335853056
He is desperately needed. I hope Mavinga plays as well. The season may very well be on the line today, for if they cannot beat LA, at home, with their A team, then they are done like dinner..

..I think Vanney will regret his season long strategy of player selection linked to predicting likely outcomes. Championship teams play to win, every time because every game counts the same. He never did this in 2016 and 2017. The loss to Portland was avoidable...that team was there for the taking, but the B squad had no goals in them.

Additionally, that Portland game was a game in hand over Montreal, that we threw away. If Montreal wins thus weekend, and we lose, it is over.

Oldtimer
09-01-2018, 09:23 AM
I don't think Vanney would have played the strategy he had if his team was fit and well.

He wasn't doing it for fun.

Derko
09-01-2018, 09:25 AM
I don't think Vanney would have played the strategy he had if his team was fit and well.

I think you nailed it, I would put it down to one of those seasons where a lot goes wrong.

Big 3 points for TFC today.

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 12:28 PM

I don’t agree. Why didn’t healthy Osorio, Moor, VDM, or Seba suit up? Are you telling me that in a nil nil tie at the half, carrying possession, and clearly the better team, he couldn’t have subbed them in? Saving his regulars time after time, has been disasterous this season. Bradley plays injured all the time, you hever see him taking a mental health day.

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 12:39 PM
VDM had a knock, so did Moor to my understanding. Seba tweaked something on the field last Saturday.

No idea about Osorio, but if the price of a new contract is missing one game, so be it.

Oldtimer
09-01-2018, 01:08 PM
I don’t agree. Why didn’t healthy Osorio, Moor, VDM, or Seba suit up? Are you telling me that in a nil nil tie at the half, carrying possession, and clearly the better team, he couldn’t have subbed them in? Saving his regulars time after time, has been disasterous this season. Bradley plays injured all the time, you hever see him taking a mental health day.

The only one on that list one could question is Osorio. All the rest have injuries, or just came back from injuries (Vanney mentioned the latter is why he kept Moor out).

MightyDM
09-01-2018, 02:55 PM
The only one on that list one could question is Osorio. All the rest have injuries, or just came back from injuries (Vanney mentioned the latter is why he kept Moor out).

They all have nagging injuries that might have worsened and then would be lost for the stretch run. I don’t think the roster for Portland is a fair criticism of Vanney. I do think he should have made his subs sooner, and arguably different ones: Zavaleta and Hamilton on for me at 55 minutes

leedsandTFC
09-01-2018, 03:51 PM
it's the traveling too.

flights to oregon and back take it out of you.

matteo30
09-01-2018, 04:34 PM
We should play a predict the lineup game on here you win if you get 80% of the lineup right... I am always confused with our Medical team guys come back only to get injured again seemingly "healthy" guys don't play tonight I hope Morrow Plays... Mavinga makes a huge difference as does Drew but does anyone want to see a front 3 with Altidore Janson and Seba Is it too much to ask to see that for at least one game the build up play would be excellent. As for tonight the usual 5 starters out.. What currently is the status on those 3?

Graeme
09-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't this be amazing:

Bono
Hagglund--Moor--Mavinga
VDW--Vazquez--Bradley--Osorio--Morrow
Giovinco--Altidore

portu
09-01-2018, 04:56 PM
We should play a predict the lineup game on here you win if you get 80% of the lineup right... I am always confused with our Medical team guys come back only to get injured again seemingly "healthy" guys don't play tonight I hope Morrow Plays... Mavinga makes a huge difference as does Drew but does anyone want to see a front 3 with Altidore Janson and Seba Is it too much to ask to see that for at least one game the build up play would be excellent. As for tonight the usual 5 starters out.. What currently is the status on those 3?

Interesting perspective on our injury problems could be that coaching staff is neglectful of med team advice so guys are said to be 'healthy' when they really aren't

Oldtimer
09-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Interesting perspective on our injury problems could be that coaching staff is neglectful of med team advice so guys are said to be 'healthy' when they really aren't

Or guys, desperate to help are insisting they're ok and the coaches don't stop them. Or just random chance. We don't really know.

FootBallAZ
09-01-2018, 05:59 PM
According to vanneys interview yest,
Everyone is healthy except for auro/mavinga.

Vv doing his pre game routine

notthesun
09-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Lineup is out.

Irwin, VDW, Morrow, Zavaleta, Moor, Bradley, Oso, Delgado, Vazquez, Seba & Jozy. 4-4-2.

I'd feel a lot better with Mavinga back there instead of Zavaleta but still a very strong starting XI.

James17930
09-01-2018, 06:51 PM
Interesting it's not Bono starting ...?

Hugh Jazz
09-01-2018, 06:56 PM
I'm okay with this line-up.

notthesun
09-01-2018, 07:36 PM
Wow... I mean maybe it's just not our year. How unlucky can you get?

Leedsoronto
09-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Wow if it wasn’t for bad luck, we would have no luck at all. ... just wow !!

daner90
09-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Where is the VAR on that play. LAFC player deflected the ball in with his arm....looked obvious on a few replays

notthesun
09-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Vazquez injured again lol. Season's donezo

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Okay i’ve not seen a lot of direct confirmable evidence of our physio staff blowing it but today was pretty clear. How did Vasquez pass a fitness test? He was barely moving from the moment he stepped on the field.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-01-2018, 07:44 PM
Vazquez injured again lol. Season's donezo

Seriously, it has gotten well beyond ridiculous with the injuries this season.
The medical staff OR the technical staff (if not respecting medical staff's indications) needs to get full responsability and fired in the offseason.

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 07:47 PM
Delgado’s judgment lately is awful

TFC1986
09-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Anyone know a stream for this game?

notthesun
09-01-2018, 07:48 PM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1036051493428838402

Pretty much sums it up.

daner90
09-01-2018, 07:49 PM
I can see one of our guys getting a red card tonight, frustration appears to be boiling over

notthesun
09-01-2018, 07:55 PM
Zavaleta is on his game tonight. Delgado, not so much.

GBV
09-01-2018, 07:58 PM
watching rest on mute. can't for the life of me think of a worse soccer-commentating combo. brutal.

GBV
09-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Zavaleta is on his game tonight. Delgado, not so much.

but the wristbands!

samuraizero
09-01-2018, 08:00 PM
watching rest on mute. can't for the life of me think of a worse soccer-commentating combo. brutal.

Who's in tonight?

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 08:02 PM
I don’t think we’ve been that bad. Fluke goal and a bit mentally fragile after that.

Offensively everything looks disjointed but they are putting in the effort.

bigredone
09-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Mtl, NE, Philly and Orl all in a spot to get points. The next 45 minutes.

SoccMan2
09-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Two players that were a big part of last seasons success are done in my opinion Vasquez and Mavinga good luck trying to replace these two guys next year , these guys are done who are they fooling, another long season awaits next season sorry to say .

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 08:06 PM

100 percent agree. They babble endlessly, carrying on like radio talk show hosts when nobody is calling in. Every time Osorio touches the ball we learn that he is a Cdn international, and the number of goals he tallied....all the while, we are being distracted from the game. Its as if they hate the game and are constantly looking for lame excuses to blabber about anything....Cannot stand it.

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Irwin had his brain fart and hopefully stops the next easy shot. He is too slow.

notthesun
09-01-2018, 08:09 PM
Two players that were a big part of last seasons success are done in my opinion Vasquez and Mavinga good luck trying to replace these two guys next year , these guys are done who are they fooling, another long season awaits next season sorry to say .

Mavinga is only 27, a long off-season and he'll probably be fine. Vazquez is the big worry.

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Mavinga is only 27, a long off-season and he'll probably be fine. Vazquez is the big worry.
Mavinga probably gone for surgery to fix his pulled groin as soon as the season is over for the team (tomorrow?)

Redcoe15
09-01-2018, 08:13 PM
That fucking goal should not have counted! If that was TFC that had scored like that, you'd Goddamn better believe they would have called on VAR to review it, then disallow the goal! But since this a huge market American team that has Garber's tongue marks on their asshole, no review and the goal stands! MLS really wants to stick it to us and give Atlanta - America's Worst Sports Market™ - the title of greatest MLS side ever, fucking cumstains!!!!!

matteo30
09-01-2018, 08:16 PM
That fucking goal should not have counted! If that was TFC that had scored like that, you'd Goddamn better believe they would have called on VAR to review it, then disallow the goal! But since this a huge market American team that has Garber's tongue marks on their asshole, no review and the goal stands! MLS really wants to stick it to us and give Atlanta - America's Worst Sports Market™ - the title of greatest MLS side ever, fucking cumstains!!!!!

No Idea why it wasn't reviewed it completely changed the half, I agree with everything you said:facepalm:

notthesun
09-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Well there you go.

Both our keepers have been terrible this season.

daner90
09-01-2018, 08:20 PM
With the way we are playing that's the game and the season over

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 08:21 PM
VDW was a huge waste of money. He looked like an amateur on that play. LAFC is a youn exciting team. TFC are finished

matteo30
09-01-2018, 08:22 PM
What are we doing wtf defence is this....... :(

tfcfans
09-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Wow - they just gave up......

notthesun
09-01-2018, 08:24 PM
How do you fall asleep after halftime down a goal with the season literally on the line??

The CCL loss seriously destroyed our mentality. I never thought we'd see last year's team this mentally weak.

Leedsoronto
09-01-2018, 08:24 PM
Gio brain fart

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 08:25 PM
Hey, I thought when superstar Osorio, master of the garbage goal, signed that contract, everything would be great in TFC land. Has he touched the ball tonight?

PizzaEatingYeti
09-01-2018, 08:25 PM
All spectators should get up and leave the stadium.
Some big heads must roll at the end of the season.

This is the team with the highest payroll by far in the league.
Those who are investing the money must take action.

gracos
09-01-2018, 08:26 PM
well what is Toronto FC reason for not performing this season, injuries do not account for all missing the mark this season, not good enough, and the coach should be accountable, maybe even consider firing as he has been unable to bring out the best of his team

DeRo2015
09-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Well there you have it...the night our season officially died. What at colossal fucking letdown.

jloome
09-01-2018, 08:35 PM
well what is Toronto FC reason for not performing this season, injuries do not account for all missing the mark this season, not good enough, and the coach should be accountable, maybe even consider firing as he has been unable to bring out the best of his team

The post-mortem on this season is too many injuries, not enough defensive depth, not enough young talent, particularly on the offensive end, to play the second role.

I mean, all the injuries kind of fucked us, but you have to question whether Vasquez was bad business for a new contract if he can't ever play. Obviously, given that it cost him his slot at Barcelona, he has some injury history.

Same with Mavinga, who I really like, but who isn't young. Great player, when he plays. GVDW looks talented but interested and sort of a bust. Auro was great going forward but terrible defensively. Delgado couldn't step up and regressed after his U.S. cap.

The only players who visibly improved this season were Osorio, Nick Hagglund (but still too boneheaded to start) and Liam Fraser. Chapman looked like he regressed. Hamilton's game is nowhere near round enough and for every piece he adds, like holding up the ball, his general lack of intensity and fight seems visible every time he plays. He just doens't have much engine.

Janson, I suspect, has foot skills but is wasted as a striker because he's not a great finisher. He is not the answer to anything, particularly filling Vasquez's shoes.

If we had any failing in terms of players this year it's that being the first club to sign top talent, we overpaid, and didn't have neough cap/DP/TAM space to sign a more talented second unit, ala Atlanta, NYFC and LAFC.

So that would be on Bez, but tempered by the fact that we won the treble last year to set the stage for that.

If we had a failing on the pitch -- other than the injuries -- it was that we were too predictable. We only have two tactical sets and both run off short positioning and triangles, for maximum ball control. But in this league, you have to be able to adapt and give different looks. We were too busy, I think, just finding players to fill out the team to wide our tactical approach and make us less predictable.

Also, I have to question why Zavaleta is starting here, ever. He's just not good enough, and it looks kind of terrible, it's been so obvious, given his relationship to Vanney. He certainly has his blind spots.

gracos
09-01-2018, 08:39 PM
im sorry but why are we still cheering on the boys after they let us down, once again MLSE doesnt care about performance as much as they care about keeping the books paid up

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 08:41 PM
The post-mortem on this season is too many injuries, not enough defensive depth, not enough young talent, particularly on the offensive end, to play the second role.

I mean, all the injuries kind of fucked us, but you have to question whether Vasquez was bad business for a new contract if he can't ever play. Obviously, given that it cost him his slot at Barcelona, he has some injury history.

Same with Mavinga, who I really like, but who isn't young. Great player, when he plays. GVDW looks talented but interested and sort of a bust. Auro was great going forward but terrible defensively. Delgado couldn't step up and regressed after his U.S. cap.

The only players who visibly improved this season were Osorio, Nick Hagglund (but still too boneheaded to start) and Liam Fraser. Chapman looked like he regressed. Hamilton's game is nowhere near round enough and for every piece he adds, like holding up the ball, his general lack of intensity and fight seems visible every time he plays. He just doens't have much engine.

Janson, I suspect, has foot skills but is wasted as a striker because he's not a great finisher. He is not the answer to anything, particularly filling Vasquez's shoes.

If we had any failing in terms of players this year it's that being the first club to sign top talent, we overpaid, and didn't have neough cap/DP/TAM space to sign a more talented second unit, ala Atlanta, NYFC and LAFC.

So that would be on Bez, but tempered by the fact that we won the treble last year to set the stage for that.

If we had a failing on the pitch -- other than the injuries -- it was that we were too predictable. We only have two tactical sets and both run off short positioning and triangles, for maximum ball control. But in this league, you have to be able to adapt and give different looks. We were too busy, I think, just finding players to fill out the team to wide our tactical approach and make us less predictable.

Also, I have to question why Zavaleta is starting here, ever. He's just not good enough, and it looks kind of terrible, it's been so obvious, given his relationship to Vanney. He certainly has his blind spots.
For me, the season was lost on Wed. Every eastern team travels. When you are desperate for wins, you don’t field a USL caliber squad. That was Vanney telling the world that TFC were done.

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 08:42 PM

Good summary. To add to this: is anyone actually going to tell me with a straight face the extra $500k we threw down on a RB was worth it?

NK Toronto
09-01-2018, 08:46 PM
We were dominating possession and playing well tonight until LA's goal. I know it was a deflection but the ball was coming at the net slowly. A quicker, more agile keeper could have saved it. That goal totally changed momentum. One of the main differences between last year and this season was the ability of our keepers to make big saves at key times, which hasn't been the case this year. If Irwin makes that save who knows what happens afterwords. People continue to talk about how poor our back line has been this year, however our goalkeepers have both been poor this season. If I am the GM I would be looking for a veteran keeper in the off season to share the goal with Bono. Irwin should not be back.

jloome
09-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Good summary. To add to this: is anyone actually going to tell me with a straight face the extra $500k we threw down on a RB was worth it?

Why we let Betashour go without the replacement at least being as good is beyond me. We had a unit that clicked; he's older, yes, but he still had legs, still defended well.

But then, we let Marc Anthony Kaye go while at USL level still, we let Raheem go last season for basically nothing, we let Lovitz go without trying him at fullback, where he's obviously a serviceable backup for cheap, at least.

We signed Agketxe from a league of very mixed quality in which most teams play a methodical possession style, and despite his age and fans liking him, an obvious lack of faith from his old club. We signed Janson as a forward, even though he has ten goals in eighty prior games at the Arg. 2 level.

In fact, take away the massive spending on Bradley/Altidore/Giovinco (each a player with his own shortcomings to go along with the brilliance) and suddenly Bez's record doesn't look so hot.

Osorio was before him and Vanney et al get the credit for that, not the GM.

Vasquez was great last year but was already getting injured regularly. I like Mavinga, but he seems injury prone as well. Perhaps instead of trying to sign an entire first team of league-dominant offensive players, we should've looked at their collective health and injury record, and considered the long term.

I dunno. I think with what they're spending versus other top teams now, and how our rosters compare, we've fallen behind in quality.

MightyDM
09-01-2018, 08:53 PM
For me, the season was lost on Wed. Every eastern team travels. When you are desperate for wins, you don’t field a USL caliber squad. That was Vanney telling the world that TFC were done.

The players that were not there were carrying injuries. You can’t fly across the country on short rest with muscle injuries when you need the player for multiple games.

MightyDM
09-01-2018, 08:55 PM

Totally agreed. VDW has subbed admirably at CB but has shown little at RB or RWB

BakaGaijin
09-01-2018, 08:56 PM
Janson is definately not from Helsinki

MightyDM
09-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Why we let Betashour go without the replacement at least being as good is beyond me. We had a unit that clicked; he's older, yes, but he still had legs, still defended well.

But then, we let Marc Anthony Kaye go while at USL level still, we let Raheem go last season for basically nothing, we let Lovitz go without trying him at fullback, where he's obviously a serviceable backup for cheap, at least.

We signed Agketxe from a league of very mixed quality in which most teams play a methodical possession style, and despite his age and fans liking him, an obvious lack of faith from his old club. We signed Janson as a forward, even though he has ten goals in eighty prior games at the Arg. 2 level.

In fact, take away the massive spending on Bradley/Altidore/Giovinco (each a player with his own shortcomings to go along with the brilliance) and suddenly Bez's record doesn't look so hot.

Osorio was before him and Vanney et al get the credit for that, not the GM.

Vasquez was great last year but was already getting injured regularly. I like Mavinga, but he seems injury prone as well. Perhaps instead of trying to sign an entire first team of league-dominant offensive players, we should've looked at their collective health and injury record, and considered the long term.

I dunno. I think with what they're spending versus other top teams now, and how our rosters compare, we've fallen behind in quality.

Hard to disagree.

Tonight is a bit like the season. We do well, hit some bad luck, and cannot recover.

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 09:06 PM
You know, when you factor in LAFC is not even playing Dio or Ramirez, this game is not what it seems.

They are better than we are, maybe even healthy

Red4ever
09-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Ooof.

Goodnight.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Not that it matters at all, but really Irwin???
You're worst than a fucking pylon!

gracos
09-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Fire Vanney

NK Toronto
09-01-2018, 09:10 PM
I am convinced that Irwin is the worst keeper in TFC history............. and we have had some bad ones.

notthesun
09-01-2018, 09:11 PM

Yeah. It's really all the injuries that exposed our squad building mistakes. If we had a normal year injury wise it wouldn't look this bad, but here we are.

Clearly getting rid of Beitashour was a mistake. I do think VDW is the better player but spending a bunch of TAM on a RB is questionable on its own; doing so when we had a good proven player there is worse. Why not just give Beitashour a small raise and live with it? We had a great back line. Give Beita a raise and sign Auro as the backup. This is literally the exact same mistake Vancouver made with Beitashour, they traded him to us because he wanted a raise and they thought they could find better. Joke's on us now.

Aketxe was a failed signing, so that whole thing was a huge bust.

The TAM spent on Aketxe and VDW should've been spent on a CB (I mean, VDW's ended up playing a lot of CB anyways, driving home the point that we needed another). Moor is getting up there in age and realistically was showing signs of slowing down towards the end of last year. Bez had to recognize that and be proactive.

We've never had a proper backup for Altidore, who's crucial to the way we play. We need a Will Bruin, an unspectacular guy that can come off the bench and do his best Altidore impression to let us get by.

Janson is a nice player but he's a luxury. He can be part of this going forward but we have other problems to solve.

Oh, and since it's timely... Irwin is massively overpaid for a backup keeper and I have always suspected that he was not good. Well, he's not good.

matteo30
09-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Not that it matters at all, but really Irwin???
You're worst than a fucking pylon!

Disgusting effort..:facepalm: two goals let in right after the half I really don't want to lose 18 games or worse 20 why is Irwin playing. Awful defence Awful Passing Janson missing two sitters Gio missing one and the "Handball" goal not called back how many VAR goes against us I'm going in two weeks.Its not about making the playoffs save face at least and win 10 games....

TFC1986
09-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Irwin needs to get rid of that moustache

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Spending that much money on a RB, period, makes me think we don’t know what we are doing. Teams simply don’t make those kind of moves. It’s a poor use of resources no matter how great he is. And to be frank, I don’t think he’s *that* great.

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Yeah. It's really all the injuries that exposed our squad building mistakes. If we had a normal year injury wise it wouldn't look this bad, but here we are.

Clearly getting rid of Beitashour was a mistake. I do think VDW is the better player but spending a bunch of TAM on a RB is questionable on its own; doing so when we had a good proven player there is worse. Why not just give Beitashour a small raise and live with it? We had a great back line. Give Beita a raise and sign Auro as the backup. This is literally the exact same mistake Vancouver made with Beitashour, they traded him to us because he wanted a raise and they thought they could find better. Joke's on us now.

Aketxe was a failed signing, so that whole thing was a huge bust.

The TAM spent on Aketxe and VDW should've been spent on a CB (I mean, VDW's ended up playing a lot of CB anyways, driving home the point that we needed another). Moor is getting up there in age and realistically was showing signs of slowing down towards the end of last year. Bez had to recognize that and be proactive.

We've never had a proper backup for Altidore, who's crucial to the way we play. We need a Will Bruin, an unspectacular guy that can come off the bench and do his best Altidore impression to let us get by.

Janson is a nice player but he's a luxury. He can be part of this going forward but he have other problems to solve.

Oh, and since it's timely... Irwin is massively overpaid for a backup keeper and I have always suspected that he was not good. Well, he's not good.

I hope, for Osorio’s sake, Vazquez isn’t through. Without receiving perfect passes onto his left foot, a yard from goal, how will the CDN international superstar ever score again. He is so overrated, it is laughable.

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 09:21 PM
I hope, for Osorio’s sake, Vazquez isn’t through. Without receiving perfect passes onto his left foot, a yard from goal, how will the CDN international superstar ever score again. He is so overrated, it is laughable.
Of all the stuff you could point out, this is literally complaining about the one thing that has gone right this year and assuming it’s imminently going to go wrong. A bit silly, I think.

Oldtimer
09-01-2018, 09:22 PM
Fire Vanney

You really are a one track commentator. I don't believe Vanney is the difference.

I am convinced that Irwin is the worst keeper in TFC history............. and we have had some bad ones.

You forget our Burmudan wonder that Mariner picked up. Freddy Hall. Not even USL level.

We are missing Beitashour, trading him was a huge mistake. Hopefully we don't wait as long for another championship as the Red Sox did after they traded Babe Ruth.

MightyDM
09-01-2018, 09:23 PM

You’ve nailed it, the problem with our season is Osorio. Insight. Brilliant.

NK Toronto
09-01-2018, 09:28 PM
I don't think we played that bad tonight. We had 62% possession and created more chances than they did, although we did have trouble finishing. Trade keepers and we win the game.

MightyDM
09-01-2018, 09:29 PM
We started the year with arrogance. It showed in not resigning Beita, in VDW and Axteke, in the over the top celebrations of our championship - even Gio commented on that - and it has killed us. I put that down to Bez and Vanney. Over confident and didn’t see a) our weaknesses and b) our opponents strengthening.

Still, greatest TFC team we are likely to see for a long time was the one on the field last year. Most of them are still here. I am cheering for them.

NK Toronto
09-01-2018, 09:30 PM
You really are a one track commentator. I don't believe Vanney is the difference.

You forget our Burmudan wonder that Mariner picked up. Freddy Hall. Not even USL level.

We are missing Beitashour, trading him was a huge mistake. Hopefully we don't wait as long for another championship as the Red Sox did after they traded Babe Ruth.

I stand corrected. Irwin is the 2nd worst keeper we have ever had.

SoccMan2
09-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Let me guess you played youth soccer with or against Osorio and he made it and you didn’t, because man you are sounding like that guy with your crap about Osorio, if you think Osorio is the problem why this team is in this fucken mess than it’s time you start watching a different sport, please give it up already!

notthesun
09-01-2018, 09:50 PM
I also want to point out Vazquez was 3rd on the team in minutes played last season and Mavinga was 9th. Both above the 2000 minute mark; for comparison Bradley is the only player that's broken 2000 minutes for us this year. Vazquez especially but Mavinga as well were quite healthy.

Vazquez very clearly was screwed over by the short off-season. With his age, injury history, and playing so much last year, he was pretty much guaranteed to struggle with injuries. I don't think management and the medical staff did a good job in realizing that he was likely running on fumes; he should've been given the first 2 months of the season completely off to rest and recharge like he needed to.

Mavinga's had a horrid run of injuries this year but in his case I'm not convinced it's anything over than bad luck. In any case we should have signed/must now sign another starting CB regardless. But I think it's a bit silly to assume this is what we're going to keep getting from Mavinga going forward. We killed him, Vazquez, and Altidore by trying to win the CCL with them on the field.

If anything I would hope that with this experience, we are a lot smarter about our squad building and how we tackle the CCL next year, reducing the injury burden.

OgtheDim
09-01-2018, 09:51 PM
I'll bite on the Beitashour conversation. Great player. Doesn't fit the way MLS & TFC are moving towards - FBs who can waltz into the midfield. I prefer VDWs athleticism.. And Beits was targeted all game long for a reason. Our issue in defense is Mavingas absence & Delgados regression.

OgtheDim
09-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Offence good. Defence bad. Story of the season

NK Toronto
09-01-2018, 10:00 PM
I'll bite on the Beitashour conversation. Great player. Doesn't fit the way MLS & TFC are moving towards - FBs who can waltz into the midfield. I prefer VDWs athleticism.. And Beits was targeted all game long for a reason. Our issue in defense is Mavingas absence & Delgados regression.

Agreed....... plus our sh** goalkeeping.

In hindsight perhaps the biggest mistake, was signing Vazquez to a contract extension. He is our highest paid TAM player and hardly played this year. If his career is over does TFC get any cap relief with respect to his salary? I assume his contract is insured so the club could claim on the policy and be reimbursed. The dilema becomes if he doesn't wish to retire and has another season like this one, in and out of line-up, but mostly out, what can the club do?

bhandsome90
09-01-2018, 10:17 PM
It's insane to think that most of the starting XI from last season have played under or barely over 1000 minutes. Moor, Mavinga, and Altidore have only between 300-600 minutes of playing time this year. You need atleast 2000+ minutes in MLS.

One thing I noticed is the slow build up in play from defence to offense. Last season and CCL it was always seemingly to be quick counters leading to goals.

OgtheDim
09-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Bradley had a great game. His pressing reminded me of the Cup final last year.
Bonos regression to MLS average wouldn't be as noticeable if we had 2 decent CBs. Irwin is what we saw tonight.
Seba and Altidore put the team on their backs tonight. Jozy was pissed after the 4th goal.
Janson can leap & find space but needs to move the ball quicker.
And LAFC is fun to watch with that offence but their midfield is a seive.

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 10:29 PM
You’ve nailed it, the problem with our season is Osorio. Insight. Brilliant.
I like Osorio. You miss the point. He is an average MLS player, having a good season. It has helped him greatly, learning from Seba and Vasquez. We all remember how woeful his shot was, for his entire career.
However, if he is our MVP, we are in deep trouble. Having a decent year on a team that can’t make the playoffs in MLS, is not deserving of the idolatry he receives.
Hopefully, he will not regress when Seba inevitably leaves the team.

69Chevy396
09-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Let me guess you played youth soccer with or against Osorio and he made it and you didn’t, because man you are sounding like that guy with your crap about Osorio, if you think Osorio is the problem why this team is in this fucken mess than it’s time you start watching a different sport, please give it up already!
Relax bud. I hung around for years watching Osorio kick the ball like he was blindfolded.

ag futbol
09-01-2018, 10:32 PM
Is the league moving towards fullbacks who can "step into midfield"? Maybe. Is not having that sort of player holding other teams back? I'm going to say no. Harvey and Beitashour are far from modern, neither looked like an eyesore tonight and LAFC have been one of the best teams in MLS on the season. There's still no justification for an MLS team spending as much salary as we did on a RB.

My "fix-it" list for TFC, in order, would be something like this:
1. New starting CB or CB's. If Mavinga can't be healthy for the majority of the games we need two, not one. Moor is too slow at this stage and no point writing about the rest, it's been said too many times already.
2. More team speed in midfield. Our first choice midfield is too slow. The best teams are much faster at transitioning than TFC is and that's unlikely to change. We should be looking for a gritty, two-way mid with good speed and a lot of toughness in the tackle. Most likely replacing Delgado.
3. substitute striker. Maybe that's Jason, maybe it's not. TBD.

Everything else I would hope is salvageable. But the team needs to show more cohesion and needs to stay healthy. Next year is make or break for pretty much everyone not on a long term contract, coaching staff included.

stevep
09-01-2018, 10:42 PM
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by NK Toronto http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/styles/AnimatedArena/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?p=1879654#post1879654)
I am convinced that Irwin is the worst keeper in TFC history............. and we have had some bad ones

Starting Irwin, more evidence of season being deliberately sabotaged.
how can you justify starting Irwin when this is a must win game.
youre the coach you know what he is

we had 4 missed chances to their one missed chance, so with bono we win

obviously I can't prove it but this season was scripted for TFC not to make the playoffs by all parties

bhandsome90
09-01-2018, 10:42 PM
Bradley had a great game. His pressing reminded me of the Cup final last year.
Bonos regression to MLS average wouldn't be as noticeable if we had 2 decent CBs. Irwin is what we saw tonight.
Seba and Altidore put the team on their backs tonight. Jozy was pissed after the 4th goal.
Janson can leap & find space but needs to move the ball quicker.
And LAFC is fun to watch with that offence but their midfield is a seive.

I agree with this mostly. I don't think Altidore overall had that good of a game, despite scoring twice. Victor shouldn't have been in the starting XI at all. 3 in the back with VDW, Zavs & Moor with Janson and Morrow on the wings would have been a lot better. Maybe even go back to the same XI from the MTL game. They had better pace that game.

Initial B
09-01-2018, 10:43 PM
I stand corrected. Irwin is the 2nd worst keeper we have ever had. I'd also rate him above Konopka, Kocic, and Bendik. It's clear he's lost some reflexes this year and is probably time to move on from him.

Though I think the playoffs are out of reach, I don't think Vanney is going to throw in the towel until the end of September. Hopefully he will rest/fix all the starters we'll need for CCL play.

stevep
09-01-2018, 10:47 PM
embarrasing

man jozys good

i specifically watched Zavaletta tonight. i thought he played well. on the second goal not sure who's fault it was his or vdw's but I think zavalleta could have got a head on that ball.

i think zav's needs to work on his heading away of crosses into the box and he will be a very good player

OgtheDim
09-01-2018, 10:54 PM
LAFCs defense is crud. We should have scored 5.

stevep
09-01-2018, 10:58 PM
I'd also rate him above Konopka, Kocic, and Bendik. It's clear he's lost some reflexes this year and is probably time to move on from him.

Though I think the playoffs are out of reach, I don't think Vanney is going to throw in the towel until the end of September. Hopefully he will rest/fix all the starters we'll need for CCL play.

they'll have had a year to rest for CCL, they hardly played this year

SKB
09-01-2018, 11:19 PM
So how have we ended up here? I believe we can now say it is not just the injuries that have hurt the team but they have been a factor. Some of what has happened this year started last year.

Defense has been a big problem. Moor was slowing down last year and lost half a step, however his ability to organize the back four was important. Mavinger however was able to cover moor’s lack of speed. Losing both exposed our lack of depth, but losing Mavinger was the real issue. I was hoping that Mavinger and Van de Weill would form the new CB pairing. That has not worked out and the addition of the new right back Auro has been a downgrade.

Goal tending last year with Bono was good, but his game has really fallen off. He is a below average goalie now. This did not start last year, rather it is a new issue. I do not think anyone saw this coming.

Midfield has also contributed to the defensive problem, as others have pointed out, we have a lack of speed in the midfield, and we are getting caught on the counter attack. As good as Bradley is he is not lightning fast and he may have also lost a step. Vasquez is also slow. Which makes us very vulnerable down the spine or middle. This also started to show up last year as we started to give up more goals near the end of the year. Fortunately we did not meet Atlanta in the playoffs last year and Seattle did not have great speed. We did not upgrade our speed enough in the off season.

Offense: Last year Giovinco’s scoring started to drop off near the end of the year. Although he is still critical for creating opportunities for others. Jozy carried us through the playoffs. The drop in scoring for Giovinco continued this year and got even worse when Josy was out for a while. He has just not finished like he has in the past. Vasquez was our key play maker and he unfortunately has been injured most of the year. As others pointed out he started to be injured last year and it has gotten worse this year because of the Champions league. We were unable to get a replacement for Vasquez in the off season.

We have the big three contracts coming up next year and do we renew all of them or not? If we do renew for how long. I do not think this is an easy answer.

Coaching: I do not think we can blame Vanney not should he be fired. The only issue you could raise is that he did not move the team into a more Defensive formation. However this is not our DNA.

So issues that started last year were accelerated by injuries, off season acquisitions were not upgrades, and the unexpected drop off in Bono‘s play has been an issue.

The off season will be very important for TFC and they cannot expect to return to their high levels of play just by getting healthy , changes need to be made and upgrades need to sourced

TMAN80
09-02-2018, 12:07 AM

It seems you are just not listening, or don't want to listen to people on this forum who know what is going on. I'm like the third person to mention this now that there was nobody else available! The players that would have played, were hurt, or recovering from "knocks". The players that stayed home were hurt. Our other players, starters, were hurt.

Have I mentioned that our players were hurt, and all Vanney could do was play who he did that night you mention?

BenRhodes23
09-02-2018, 12:35 AM
It really bothered me that only Vanney and Moor made any attempt at thanking the fans, by clapping from the halfway line. Shameful considering we pay their wages and support them for 90 minutes, especially after an tough loss.

Even Steven Beitashour spent a few minutes with RPB and the rest of the South End. Once a Red, always a Red.

stevep
09-02-2018, 01:19 AM
How come no commenting on the handball on the opening goal?
how come Greg?

ManUtd4ever
09-02-2018, 07:52 AM
I think that was curtains for the regular season. Very disappointing effort last night considering we were at home with a relatively healthy squad.

benito
09-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Disappointing result last night and disappointing mls season. Tfc never truly recovered from the champions league final loss.

whositwhatnow
09-02-2018, 08:53 AM
How come no commenting on the handball on the opening goal?
how come Greg?

because it wasn't a hand ball offense..

Gringo Starr
09-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Awful game, poor effort. The first goal was a fluke but where was the response, these are must win games and there was no urgency until it was 3-0. (Bradley aside)

Montreal beats the red bulls, other teams are stepping up big when they need to, we haven't

Voodooman
09-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Bradley was one of the only ones who was hustling all game long. He played well.

The goals seem to come out of nowhere, one mistake on the defense (One with VDW, one with Morrow etc) and they made us pay. That is what we were able to do last year, and couldn't seem to do it this year.

Happens

SoccMan2
09-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Bradley was one of the only ones who was hustling all game long. He played well.

The goals seem to come out of nowhere, one mistake on the defense (One with VDW, one with Morrow etc) and they made us pay. That is what we were able to do last year, and couldn't seem to do it this year.

Happens
the 3rd. LA goal Bradley had time to win the ball back , instead the LA player beats Bradley and then beats Morrow makes Morrow look like a pylon then passes the ball and another LA player with TFC players dreaming takes a shot and scores the 3rd. goal , watch that 3rd. LA goal again and you realize why this team sucks this year!

SoccMan2
09-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Look at the run Seattle has gone on, they were just as bad as us in the standings like about a month ago , but TFC can’t put any type of streak together, talk about being consistent ,every season Seattle has made the playoffs I think, TFC has what 3 good seasons and now is back to the TFC of 2007 to 2014 , that didn’t take long eh!

69Chevy396
09-02-2018, 11:32 AM
the 3rd. LA goal Bradley had time to win the ball back , instead the LA player beats Bradley and then beats Morrow makes Morrow look like a pylon then passes the ball and another LA player with TFC players dreaming takes a shot and scores the 3rd. goal , watch that 3rd. LA goal again and you realize why this team sucks this year!
They weren’t just any player. LAFC has some of the best talent in the league. That 4th goal was sublime. Give credit where credit is due

Voodooman
09-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Yes that guy got round Bradley and he held up his run because figured Morrow had him, Bradley was forcing him into Morrow to avoid any back pass.

Honestly, Bradley was hustling all game, how many duels did he win and interceptions, he was running all game long. Was awesome to see.

It was a nice goal by LAFC.

It's just hilarious, someone pointed this out last year. Why are there so few posts in the last couple years, it's because there is nothing to discuss since we are winning. Now that we are struggling here comes all the negativity again.

Seattle has managed to figure it out, and we haven't. Let's finish the year off strong, and see what happens in the offseason. Honestly, its much needed for our team.

benito
09-02-2018, 01:02 PM
Seattle has put together a very impressive winning streak. They are peaking at the right moment. Every year it seems they go into the playoffs In very good form.

69Chevy396
09-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Yes that guy got round Bradley and he held up his run because figured Morrow had him, Bradley was forcing him into Morrow to avoid any back pass.

Honestly, Bradley was hustling all game, how many duels did he win and interceptions, he was running all game long. Was awesome to see.

It was a nice goal by LAFC.

It's just hilarious, someone pointed this out last year. Why are there so few posts in the last couple years, it's because there is nothing to discuss since we are winning. Now that we are struggling here comes all the negativity again.

Seattle has managed to figure it out, and we haven't. Let's finish the year off strong, and see what happens in the offseason. Honestly, its much needed for our team.

It is called venting. Nothing more. No need to vent when the team makes you happy. I agree with your Bradley remarks. He is forced to work much harder when Mavinga is hurt, having to cover the joke of a defence, and receiving little support from the midfielders. (Was that Delgados worst game this year?Did Osorio decide that he was going to be playing forward from now on? Is Janson as useless as Acxete?, Has Morrow lost a step?, Does VDW give a shit? Is Moor the slowest fottballer in MLS?)

jazzy
09-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Seattle has put together a very impressive winning streak. They are peaking at the right moment. Every year it seems they go into the playoffs In very good form.

For me dare I say it has to at least fall blame on coaching, choosing EACH game to be the most important , not looking ahead and mgr’s ability to find the best personnel, esp backups . Fitness also is pitiful , or gambling on weak players to remain fit . It definitely feels like a ‘team’ all for one ‘sic’ approach has vanished .
We needed 2 Mavingas , who weren’t injury prone . Also too many chiefs on this team

magmadragon
09-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Good on Beita for coming over to the south end after the game. Especially after most of our guys went into the locker room. Glad he finally got a proper good bye and thank you.

Overall this game encapsulated our season. Start off strong, lose a player to injury, not being able to adjust properly after said loss of player, questionable defending causing us to get scored on, generating chances but can't buy a goal, some hope near the end before it all gets squashed. I think all that was missing was a controversial red or VAR and the bingo card would've been full.

benito
09-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Overall this game encapsulated our season. Start off strong, lose a player to injury, not being able to adjust properly after said loss of player, questionable defending causing us to get scored on, generating chances but can't buy a goal, some hope near the end before it all gets squashed. I think all that was missing was a controversial red or VAR and the bingo card would be been full.

Great assessment. Unfortunate but true.

Richard
09-02-2018, 03:44 PM

They might be the dark horse this year. Watch out for them in the playoffs.

magmadragon
09-02-2018, 03:49 PM
They might be the dark horse this year. Watch out for them in the playoffs.

They're the dark horse every year. They pull this shit every season. First half of the season might as well not exist for Seattle.

ag futbol
09-02-2018, 03:53 PM
The Vasquez thing really continues to burn me. From the moment I saw him on the field I couldn’t help but think “how the hell did he pass the fitness test?”

Somebody screwed up that one because his premature exit looked much a foredawn conclusion.

I worry he’s never going to be particularly healthy and we’ll be stuck under that contract.

Redcoe15
09-02-2018, 05:15 PM
If it's Atlanta vs. Seattle in the MLS Cup Final, I would be thoroughly convinced God does not exist! :mad5:

FootBallAZ
09-02-2018, 05:58 PM
The Vasquez thing really continues to burn me. From the moment I saw him on the field I couldn’t help but think “how the hell did he pass the fitness test?”

Somebody screwed up that one because his premature exit looked much a foredawn conclusion.

I worry he’s never going to be particularly healthy and we’ll be stuck under that contract.

this sums up tfc's season. Vanney says he's fit, same routine and will see how he goes when he arrives at the stadium.
I don't even think any one touched him as the ball was advanced to tfc side.

I'm not sure why no one is calling out the medical staff. Like what happened with mavinga, I read , I watch, and there is no update no comment what the issue is, especially since he did look good upon his return. Auro as well, his pace his something we miss, as morrow seems sloww.

I know moor said the staff did a wonderful job. Is this an issue with players from other parts of the world ?

Auzzy
09-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Good on Beita for coming over to the south end after the game. Especially after most of our guys went into the locker room. Glad he finally got a proper good bye and thank you.

Overall this game encapsulated our season. Start off strong, lose a player to injury, not being able to adjust properly after said loss of player, questionable defending causing us to get scored on, generating chances but can't buy a goal, some hope near the end before it all gets squashed. I think all that was missing was a controversial red or VAR and the bingo card would've been full.

Well there was the non-VAR on their first goal: ball went in off of their player's arm. I felt that at least deserved a look at the monitor.

this sums up tfc's season. Vanney says he's fit, same routine and will see how he goes when he arrives at the stadium.
I don't even think any one touched him as the ball was advanced to tfc side.

I'm not sure why no one is calling out the medical staff. Like what happened with mavinga, I read , I watch, and there is no update no comment what the issue is, especially since he did look good upon his return. Auro as well, his pace his something we miss, as morrow seems sloww.

I know moor said the staff did a wonderful job. Is this an issue with players from other parts of the world ?

I really wish some journalist could ask a few tough questions about the non-stop injury issues. How many months has it been since CCL was over? NYRB was in it almost as long, and is firing on all cylinders.

Beyond that, there are lots of different issues, but I really worry about motivation and discipline with TFC.

Defoe
09-03-2018, 03:59 AM
It's pretty evident that to WIN in MLS you need an effective CAM the quality of a healthy Vazquez or Almiron or Kaku. This team has never stayed at an elite level without Vazquez consistently in the lineup.

Derko
09-03-2018, 08:37 AM
The season that never was for many valid reasons, we as supporters and fans can lay blame as we see fit, mostly during our times of disappointment and venting, even those whom have chosen the conspiricy, scripted season angle. As a good friend and fellow supporter said on the way home on Saturday night, there is next year, TFC have the CCL, we are the supporters and have supported TFC through good and bad times and will not stop supporting TFC. It is the team we have chosen. There are many a poor team throughout the world of football whom have such supporters as us. Gambles were taken and the house won.

Still and always a TFC supporter. :scarf: :drum: :drinking:

Initial B
09-03-2018, 09:39 PM
If it's Atlanta vs. Seattle in the MLS Cup Final, I would be thoroughly convinced God does not exist! :mad5:
I'd like to see Vancouver beat DCU in the final, as a send-off for Davies and to put all the Cascadia teams level on Cups.