PDA

View Full Version : Benfica to sell Makukula

Marco2K
08-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Benfica To Sell Makukula

Benfica have reportedly placed striker Ariza Makukula on the club's transfer list.

http://www.goal.com/images/23667_news.jpg

The Congo-born hit-man signed for Benfica from Sevilla in the winter transfer window for a fee of €3,5 million with a €40 million release clause written into the deal.

However, he failed to hold down a regular spot during his first season at Estádio da Luz, which eventually left him out of Luiz Felipe Scolari's Euro 2008 plans.

Makukula has been included in Benfica's pre-season but has failed to impress coach Quique Flores, who considers the 27-year-old surplus to requirements.

Flores is unhappy with the number of striking options he has at his disposal and with Benfica reportedly close on signing Luís Garcia, he is ready to show Makukula the exit door.

It is further reported that Benfica are willing to listen to offers worth over €2 million for the striker, who has four international caps to his name.

Luís Mira

For 2 million the MLS AND MLSE should step it up. This kid is 27 and a solid stricker with alot of promise

Oldtimer
08-03-2008, 07:10 AM
$2 million is just the transfer fee. I can't really see it happening.

Marco2K
08-03-2008, 07:49 AM
well i guess i dont see it happeaning either. But i dont know why not.

A young guy with a scoring ablitlty like him would be a bargain. When benfica signed him he had a clause that said he would get sold if he found a team willing to pay 40 million.

2 million is 1.5 million less then benfica payed for him.

He scored a big goal for portugal during qualifying for euro 08

I just want someone good for fuck sakes.

SLBuu
08-03-2008, 08:24 AM
he's a really big guy too. he would be able to push around all the defenders in this league. I'm pretty sure he's bigger than Shalrie Joseph and he's the biggest this league has.

he actually just scored a screamer for benfica in pre-season duty against PSG

here's the link of the goal.....

its the first goal for the red team (benfica)

Makakula 2-1 - @ 2:00
(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6br04_tvbenfica02082008benficapsg_sport)

kuku
08-03-2008, 09:07 AM
It would be nice if Mo could get this one done. He's an excellent player.

Marco2K
08-03-2008, 09:45 AM
good to see some people agreeing with me..

David_Oliveira
08-03-2008, 09:58 AM
He was a player that really never did anything in the system at Benfica (which was just fine for me since I'm a Sporting fan). It just wasn't his style. In my opinion, he is a Danny Dichio type player with 10 times the skill. He wins alot of aerial balls and knocks them on with alot of accuracy. I could really see him playing very well with Barrett or any other striker.

Bobo
08-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Mantorras should have left first. Unless Benfica still want 90m for him.:lol:

Anyway, people like to think TFC can sign every free agent in world football.

arbogast
08-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Benfica To Sell Makukula

Benfica have reportedly placed striker Ariza Makukula on the club's transfer list.

http://www.goal.com/images/23667_news.jpg

The Congo-born hit-man signed for Benfica from Sevilla in the winter transfer window for a fee of €3,5 million with a €40 million release clause written into the deal.

However, he failed to hold down a regular spot during his first season at Estádio da Luz, which eventually left him out of Luiz Felipe Scolari's Euro 2008 plans.

Makukula has been included in Benfica's pre-season but has failed to impress coach Quique Flores, who considers the 27-year-old surplus to requirements.

Flores is unhappy with the number of striking options he has at his disposal and with Benfica reportedly close on signing Luís Garcia, he is ready to show Makukula the exit door.

It is further reported that Benfica are willing to listen to offers worth over €2 million for the striker, who has four international caps to his name.

Luís Mira

For 2 million the MLS AND MLSE should step it up. This kid is 27 and a solid stricker with alot of promise

MLS don't buy players, especially those who don't add value to the league by selling merch ad generating sonsor $$. This deal aint ever gonna happen.

Benficachop20
08-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Makukula hardly even got a chance last season. For Flores to come out and say he's unhappy with him this pre season is ridiculous, he's actually been pretty good in the friendly matches and actually scoring. If he wants to get rid of a striker, get rid of that waste of space Nuno Gomes.

Anyways mls won't buy players, they will only be going for players that are available on a free as of right now.

Bobo
08-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Mantorras should have left first. Unless Benfica still want 90m for him.:lol:

Anyway, people like to think TFC can sign every free agent in world football.

Right, not even a free agent. So TFC can sign EVERY striker in world football.

Now would definitely be the time to offload Gomes. So crap. Funny enough, he'd maybe end up reconsidering his offer here.

Baggio2TFC
08-03-2008, 11:33 AM
It would be nice to see Gomes or Makukula here, but at this point Barrett is our man and hopefully he gets us going. At this point, seeing Dickov in a TFC kit would be welcome as well...in other words...I'LL TAKE JUST ABOUT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

T.Reis
08-03-2008, 11:54 AM
When TFC bring in their new striker it will be via a free agent signing, there won't be a transfer involved.

Jeff s
08-03-2008, 06:38 PM
He still has a good number of years ahead of him, why would he come here???

Benficachop20
08-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey a certain striker named Joao Tomas has left Boavista 10 days after signing for them, after the courts decided that Boavista should be relegated to the second division. Not a bad striker *cough**cough**cough*

Jimmy The Saint
08-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Watched River Plate play before the squabbling school children and their blind, deaf, gimp footed den mother (the ref) from MLS played today.

This guy was just frickin amazing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Buonanotte