PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games This Weekend - July 28-29th

OgtheDim
07-27-2018, 12:28 PM
Saturday

Atlanta @ Montreal 7pm - Test for both teams. Is Montreal for real as a playoff team? Can Atlanta beat teams who bunker & counter? I think we don't learn out which is true quite yet.
2-2 draw

Columbus @ NYRB 7pm - Columbus doesn't beat good teams. They can smother a lot of opponents but not the Energy Drinks, who have doubled down on their press since Marsch left.
3-1 NYRB win

Colorado @ DCU 8pm - A must win for DCU. If you can't beat the 3rd worst team in the league at home, you deserve to be called the 2nd worst team in the league.
2-0 DCU win

Dallas @ SKC 9pm - SKC is in their annual second half season drop zone. Dallas is a model for us next season with some tweaking & just a much more cohesive team now.
2-1 FCD win

Minnesota @ Vancouver 10pm - The Loons are desperate to be taken seriously as a playoff team. Too bad they can't win away from home. Vancouver is a better defensive team then what the Loons have faced of late.
2-0 Vancouver win

RSL @ SJE 10:30pm - RSL is just hanging around the playoff line waiting for teams only slightly above them to fall apart. SJE is just waiting for the season to end.
1-0 RSL win

Houston @ Portland 11pm - Houston looks like a good team but then puts in a stinker or gets a red card & doesn't grab points away where they should. Portland is still unbeaten since April but 5 draws in 7 games means they are slipping away from supporters shield territory. They need to right the ship.
2-0 Portland win

Sunday

NYC @ Seattle 5pm - If Seattle is going to continue with this mid season charge, they have to get results at home against tough opponents. NYC is just grinding out results. 1 point is enough for them here.
1-1 draw

Orlando @ LAG 9:30 pm - LAG are in a different class then Orlando who are dropping points like they are maybe just not a good team. Zlatan wants this.
3-0 LAG win

tfcocd
07-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the summary and predictions. I read this last week and recall you nailed a few - like the galaxy as zlatan was in the lineup. What's your prognostic record? Do you keep score?

OgtheDim
07-28-2018, 10:48 AM
This is like Timbits soccer - more concerned about passing. :)

tfcocd
07-28-2018, 02:17 PM
This is like Timbits soccer - more concerned about passing. :)
LOL, no keeping score, no standings.

When looking at the standings which is painful the reds have 9 points and 4 teams to overtake.

Makes today a big 6 pointer!

Need Montreal, NE, Orl and philly to drop points.

Orlando has a tough match and could be overtaken this weekend if things go right.

So many permutations! Very tough stretch for next 2 matches then another must win v SJ.

Exciting times for a uhhh 20th place side

OgtheDim
07-28-2018, 10:05 PM
https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1023400247022768128

notthesun
07-28-2018, 10:42 PM
Davies just ended Boxall on that solo goal a la Giovinco-on-Zubar in 2015.

notthesun
07-28-2018, 11:23 PM
My god Davies just bossed the game against Minnesota, single-handedly won it for Vancouver. What a talent.

SirBobSaget
07-29-2018, 12:31 AM
My god Davies just bossed the game against Minnesota, single-handedly won it for Vancouver. What a talent.

Wow ts like now that the Euro transfer is settled he's unshackled and playing out. Those moves no one else including Giovinco has ever shown in MLS.

Richard
07-29-2018, 01:49 AM
Like men against boys. Except reversed! :yikes:

ag futbol
07-29-2018, 06:43 AM
Wow, that was a whole Paul mariner YouTube scouting report in one game. I don’t think i’ve seen any set of MLS defenders embarrassed so badly.

ensco
07-30-2018, 06:23 AM
Helpful comeback by the Galaxy there. That team is really coming on. If Sigi and Kinnear can get the backline fixed, they will get to the MLS Final

Fort York Redcoat
07-30-2018, 05:18 PM
What a preview of Davies for Bayern Munich.