PDA

View Full Version : 2009 TFC Charity event w CANMNT Jerseys?

Ossington Mental Youth
07-25-2018, 12:42 AM
Hey just got a Canada jersey with the May 31 2008 date on it, we played Brazil that day and lost 3-2. The jerseys they wore at the game didn't have the date on em and no one wore #5 (which is the number on the kit I got). Dude said he got it at a TFC charity event but doesn't remember what it was about. Anyone have any more info? I'd post a pic but I'm writing from my phone and it's a pain, I can do it later

Red4ever
07-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Post on the vees board. Lotta institutional memory there.

Kevin McKenna, team Captain, wore around 5 then I believe. So it's not bad one to have. I'm sure he'd sign it.

ensco
07-25-2018, 09:00 AM
That was the single best game I have ever seen Canada play. Also the best game I ever saw JDG play (he scored on a super crack from distance). We could have won that game.

That game had big knock on effects. I think it got Anselmi and Beirne excited about CMNT. Serioux came here after that, and Dero too, plus I think that game got JDG his TFC deal, which then made Dero crazy...

Ossington Mental Youth
07-25-2018, 09:38 AM

Kevin McKenna, team Captain, wore around 5 then I believe. So it's not bad one to have. I'm sure he'd sign it.

If I can get in touch with him that'd be amazing. He didn't play that game, unfortunately left unworn, got some info from Asif and looks like these were from that game which is dope

Ossington Mental Youth
07-26-2018, 12:15 AM

Had a poke about games that year, btw the Canada soccer website is pretty goddamn good for shit like that, anyways 5 was worn by a few different players Hastings, Serioux, Cann, McKenna, couple of ex TFC from our first two seasons. Tempted to try to get all of em to sign it haha

Fort York Redcoat
07-28-2018, 08:32 AM
/wdFbsQZ9KKo

Memories.

Wanting desperately to go to this game and cursing that it was in Seattle. Were the Sounders even in that stadium yet?

Wearing the "Ladybug kits". the last Addidas kit. The ones that never had names on them for friendlies.

Not only did the attention ramp up on the National team but it started a Toronto and sometimes Montreal run of home matches. It was the golden years for a Toronto based footy fan. It may be time again. We'll see how many more of these Canada matches for the CONCACAF Nations League are here.

Get yer tix!