PDA

View Full Version : (Updated) Inebriatti group banned for good

Oldtimer
07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/07/19/toronto-fc-statement-fan-incident-ottawa

Oldtimer
07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Following an incident in the stands at Toronto FC’s Canadian Championship match Wednesday night in Ottawa, Toronto FC President Bill Manning issued the following statement:

“The safety of our fans, employees and supporters is the highest priority for TFC. The events which took place in Ottawa last night involving TFC supporters were unacceptable and needlessly put the safety of others at risk. Due to the seriousness of this incident we are left with no choice but to suspend all recognized supporter group privileges indefinitely as we conduct a thorough review of TFC’s recognized supporter program. We are fully cooperating with the Ottawa Police Department as they investigate this incident and work to identify those responsible." official statement from the club.

Globetrotter
07-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Anyone care to explain why people feels the need to do this?

EDIT - I mean why people feel the need to bring anything like that to a sporting event or behave in such a manner.

Oldtimer
07-19-2018, 07:21 PM
Anyone care to explain why people feels the need to do this?

I can't speak for the club, but it just MIGHT have something to do with this:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/police-investigating-fireworks-incident-involving-tfc-fury-fans/

yungoos
07-19-2018, 08:57 PM
What does this mean for us though? Can we not go to games now?

Oldtimer
07-19-2018, 09:07 PM

We can go to games, at BMO at least.
No flags, no drums, no smoke.

Brandino88
07-19-2018, 09:09 PM

All it means is no drums no flags no banners no capo stand and no megaphone basically no special privileges that SG's enjoyed before

Oldtimer
07-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Official U-Sector statement:

Instead of focusing on the football today, we are discussing the selfish actions of a few. We support a strong vocal and visual show of support but when it is taken so far that it endangers the safety of fans,...

Initial B
07-19-2018, 10:03 PM
What is the RPB official statement going to be?

Voodooman
07-19-2018, 10:09 PM
What is the RPB official statement going to be?

Been out for a bit now but here.

From the start the Red Patch Boys have promoted a culture of active and passionate support for our team and soccer in Toronto and beyond. We have done this working with Toronto FC and the league to uphold and respect rules. We do not condone breaking of those rules nor any actions which prevent us from supporting in the stands. Our members are held responsible and accountable for actions representing our group, the team and city.
While an investigation is ongoing by Toronto FC we are dismayed to learn that this will impact our ability to be 'the 12th man'.
We hope for a quick resolution that allows us to continue with positivity - together for the Reds.

kodiakTFC
07-19-2018, 11:13 PM
"The statement added that all members of the visiting group were subjected to bag checks and security scans prior to entering the stadium and that "no fireworks or other devices were detected.""

LOL NO. There was no pat down. There was no metal detector. There was absolutely nothing.

Also, why is it all groups? As far as I know there were 3 RPB there and we weren't with the accused party. The USector members I said were also not standing with them. So?

Red CB Toronto
07-19-2018, 11:36 PM
"The statement added that all members of the visiting group were subjected to bag checks and security scans prior to entering the stadium and that "no fireworks or other devices were detected.""

LOL NO. There was no pat down. There was no metal detector. There was absolutely nothing.

Also, why is it all groups? As far as I know there were 3 RPB there and we weren't with the accused party. The USector members I said were also not standing with them. So?

From what I understand the only people on that side of the stadium were those who bought away tickets, thus all supporter/fans are being grouped in together. That side of the stadium was not even available for sale to the general public. So it’s pretty easy to pinpoint in a generalized way.

James17930
07-20-2018, 02:27 AM

I'm sure that it's just all groups for now until they complete the investigation, find out who it was, and then the non-offending groups will be reinstated right away.

I don't think anyone should panic about it – I don't see RPB being affected long-term.

Oldtimer
07-20-2018, 06:31 AM

You can only see one group's flags in the picture next to the fire. If no one else turns out to be implicated I'm sure the club will put two and two together. It sucks for us and for the team in the meantime.

Rene Kingsriver
07-20-2018, 09:21 AM
I expect the police and club investigations to be done relatively quickly so it shouldn't have too much of an impact on the other SGs.

Ultra & Proud
07-20-2018, 10:49 AM
You can only see one group's flags in the picture next to the fire. If no one else turns out to be implicated I'm sure the club will put two and two together. It sucks for us and for the team in the meantime.
I think they just lumped all the SGs together for fairness and to give the actual offenders an incentive and some time to do the right thing and come forward and resolve the issue. Just diplomacy. I don't expect it to last very long unless no one comes forward to accept blame.

denime
07-20-2018, 12:01 PM
I think they just lumped all the SGs together for fairness and to give the actual offenders an incentive and some time to do the right thing and come forward and resolve the issue. Just diplomacy. I don't expect it to last very long unless no one comes forward to accept blame.

No one will come forward,they didn't come forward after Montreal and Columbus,they wont do it this time either.

Problem is SG that did screwed up once again in their own words, it's not SG but "an idea" they all adhere.

paul-collins
07-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Problem is SG that did screwed up once again in their own words, it's not SG but "an idea" they all adhere.
Yeah the online defence of the behaviour basically amounts to "so what" followed by the usual "they do this in Europe" and "football without oooltras is nothing" tropes.

They also are trying to blame security for not stopping them earlier. Truly Trumpian.

Cosplay.

Red CB Toronto
07-20-2018, 12:44 PM
No one will come forward,they didn't come forward after Montreal and Columbus,they wont do it this time either.

Pretty sure TFC considered them an official supporters group as of right now.

https://www.torontofc.ca/supporters/inebriatti

ag futbol
07-20-2018, 01:04 PM

Well that’s easy. If you’re an idea you’re not a supporters group and can’t have privelages. Enough with people cherry picking things when they suit their needs.

InDa_110
07-20-2018, 10:41 PM
I don't mean to be rude or any offense, and not that I am making any connection between the 2 groups, but is it true that a significant number (about half or more) Inebriatti are former RPB members?

rafael
07-21-2018, 02:20 PM
https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/soccer/2018/07/20/supporters-groups-speak-out-over-tfc-self-imposed-suspension.html

jazzy
07-21-2018, 08:37 PM
Yes there were a few , who needed a different path .......of hmm supporting , different strokes

sn0re
07-22-2018, 05:29 PM
There goes our chances for safe standing then?

pfk
07-23-2018, 03:34 PM
Here is the Inebriatti statement from their Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/BllebmjgEP-/?taken-by=inebriatti

Full statement
"We have a further statement to offer regarding the events in Ottawa on July 18th:

We wish to clarify that the incidents which interrupted gameplay were unplanned and accidental. However, we fully understand that such incidents are not acceptable.
We are taking internal steps to eliminate potentially dangerous and aggressive behavior - including renouncement of all unsanctioned usage of flares and smoke. Going forward, our focus will be public safety, to support the team and rebuild public trust.

We have communicated to the team that our behavior has not been good enough. Incidents that distract from gameplay are not acceptable and will no longer be tolerated.
We will continue to offer full cooperation to the Front Office and any relevant investigation. All ensuing disciplinary action by the Front Office, related to events of July 18th , should be directed solely towards Inebriatti rather than all official supporter groups."

Oldtimer
07-23-2018, 04:04 PM
It's a refreshing change to see them own up, but my gut feeling is that this won't be the end of it and we will be seeing possible criminal charges to some individuals and probable group sanctions to the Inebriatti.

BenRhodes23
07-23-2018, 05:50 PM
I respect them for owning up to it, I didn't think they would. The line "All ensuing disciplinary action by the Front Office, related to events of July 18th , should be directed solely towards Inebriatti rather than all official supporter groups." won't change the past but it's certainly a step in the right direction

OgtheDim
07-23-2018, 06:21 PM
I suspect Wednesday will be a "dark" day for all the supporter groups, with all privileges revoked - a show of strength by the team & to the CSA & CONCACAF while pointing out to the whole stadium that this group effed up. Given BMO is likely to be a World Cup site in 2026, the team will show it takes security seriously.

Then the hammer falls down hard on some people on Thursday with privileges revoked for a good long time while the rest of the groups carry on for Saturday.

Cas87
07-23-2018, 07:31 PM
I suspect Wednesday will be a "dark" day for all the supporter groups, with all privileges revoked - a show of strength by the team & to the CSA & CONCACAF while pointing out to the whole stadium that this group effed up. Given BMO is likely to be a World Cup site in 2026, the team will show it takes security seriously.

Then the hammer falls down hard on some people on Thursday with privileges revoked for a good long time while the rest of the groups carry on for Saturday.

This was my thinking as well, all groups affected on Wednesday. Then the big sanctions come down on Thursday for the remainder of the season (if not longer).

Red CB Toronto
07-23-2018, 08:49 PM
While its all nice and dandy to own up to it after denying it was them, when you read it there is a cop out feel to it, what the heck is unplanned and accidental about the incident, said people smuggled, the flares, smoke, devices into the stadium and proceed to set them off knowing it was against the rules. The flare was thrown onto the field and some sort of explosive was set off. I feel this apology only came after being read the riot act and they thought they had to do something to save their asses. I hope the book is thrown at them. The incident was dangerous and we are lucking that no one was seriously hurt.

It's a refreshing change to see them own up, but my gut feeling is that this won't be the end of it and we will be seeing possible criminal charges to some individuals and probable group sanctions to the Inebriatti.

I respect them for owning up to it, I didn't think they would. The line "All ensuing disciplinary action by the Front Office, related to events of July 18th , should be directed solely towards Inebriatti rather than all official supporter groups." won't change the past but it's certainly a step in the right direction

denime
07-24-2018, 05:46 AM
Toronto FC’s Inebriatti supporters' group takes responsibility for fiery Ottawa display (http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/947368939?-19896:6206)

Menelaos
07-24-2018, 09:43 AM
"Unplanned and accidental" what a joke. That is not taking responsibility and certainly is not "manning up". Stop giving them kudos for getting caught and having no choice but to give us that vague/BS statement. Takes absolutely no courage to give everyone that fluff.

Ultra & Proud
07-24-2018, 12:58 PM
"Unplanned and accidental" what a joke. That is not taking responsibility and certainly is not "manning up". Stop giving them kudos for getting caught and having no choice but to give us that vague/BS statement. Takes absolutely no courage to give everyone that fluff.
That was their first statement. The second one they put out yesterday accepted all blame and pointed to their behavior as being bad.

Menelaos
07-24-2018, 01:08 PM
That was their first statement. The second one they put out yesterday accepted all blame and pointed to their behavior as being bad.

Take a look again... second paragraph. "We wish to clarify that the incidents which interrupted gameplay were unplanned and accidental ..." There is nothing accidental about bringing those things into the stadium and using them.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheInebriatti/posts/?ref=page_internal

Red4ever
07-24-2018, 01:08 PM

Nah, the second one said unplanned and accidental.

gmacpheetfc
07-24-2018, 09:04 PM
So they have banned all IB members until the investigation is completed.

I only know this because I am currently mistakenly banned lol.

Primavera
07-25-2018, 05:09 AM

Agreed.

Not going to miss those clowns.

Onto the positive....Keep up the good work, RPB! You guys bring positivity to every match and I enjoy being a supportive neighbour in 111.

OgtheDim
07-25-2018, 06:19 AM
How do you accidentally bring in a flare, light it up & throw it on the pitch within 10 seconds?

A rousing chant of "You Fucked Up!" comes to mind.

denime
07-25-2018, 09:23 AM
How do you accidentally bring in a flare, light it up & throw it on the pitch within 10 seconds?

A rousing chant of "You Fucked Up!" comes to mind.

Good one :smilielol5:

GBV
07-25-2018, 03:11 PM
So they have banned all IB members until the investigation is completed.

I only know this because I am currently mistakenly banned lol.

A 114er here, are you trying to say I would actually be able to see the games now?
Holy shit.

Oldtimer
07-25-2018, 05:26 PM
A 114er here, are you trying to say I would actually be able to see the games now?
Holy shit.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/529/287/13f.gif

As a fellow sufferer in 114, relate. I'm all for support, but blocking views during critical plays to show the world how "ultra" you are is being inconsiderate.

whositwhatnow
07-25-2018, 06:15 PM

As a fellow sufferer in 114, relate. I'm all for support, but blocking views during critical plays to show the world how "ultra" you are is being inconsiderate.

nothing blocking views tonight..

paul-collins
07-26-2018, 08:06 AM
Hey, just wanted to say, Southeast corner brought it last night. Good work folks.

Red CB Toronto
07-26-2018, 08:33 AM
The southend rocked last night , you could really hear it even from the north end at times, especially during the bounce !!

Brooker
07-26-2018, 01:04 PM
They were disliked quite a lot before and I can only see this getting worse down the road, sadly.

And it doesnt count as "owning up to it" if you make some vague explanation that looks like it was written by a 10 year old after ages when you have no choice.

Ban them for life. No sympathy. Were all adults. No excuses.

flatpicker
07-26-2018, 01:37 PM

The flags in that gif are triggering my 114 PTSD.
lol

Globetrotter
08-23-2018, 12:00 PM
They've been permanently banned now.

Not even allowed into the South End without going through MLS fan conduct education courses, at their own expense.

How many do you think will still try to get into the stadium and cause nonsense from other seats?

ryan
08-23-2018, 12:07 PM
How many do you think will still try to get into the stadium and cause nonsense from other seats?

They would be arrested if caught so I can't imagine too many will roll the dice on that.

DinamoTFC
08-23-2018, 12:38 PM
Ban the individuals at fault not the whole group. Hopefully it's just a scare tactic temporarily.

redcard
08-23-2018, 12:55 PM
So I guess a new group will start up, unless MLSE want some fo the existing groups to expand into 114.

But seriously how many of those individuals will take the MLS fan conduct course?

Ponderosa
08-23-2018, 01:03 PM
So I guess a new group will start up, unless MLSE want some fo the existing groups to expand into 114.

But seriously how many of those individuals will take the MLS fan conduct course? Pretty steep pricing $250USD and 4 hours online.

http://i64.tinypic.com/oqm006.png

OgtheDim
08-23-2018, 01:41 PM
IMHO

Its not temporary & frankly MLSE had little choice.

The group believed in a collective group voice but not in a collective responsibility for the behaviour of those within the group. They did not care even a smidgen how anybody else was effected by what they as a collective did. (see the people behind them in that section and flag use)

If a member of the group was caught going past the accepted behavioural code, they as a collective closed ranks to ensure said person was not forced to face punishment. Nobody came forward & nobody said who was at fault. In a private setting, for the people running an event, this is an untenable approach to dealing with serious safety stupidity (fires, destruction of property, a man in hospital in Columbus) & moral stupidity (the harrassment of that Montreal 2stick being brandished by a guy wearing their shirt) that endangered, harassed & threatened other people.

They as a group received the benefit of being a recognized supporter group. This is not a right - behavours can be negotiated but ultimately SG status is provided by a private group for functions in a private setting (see the back of a ticket to understand how games in a public venue are a private event). As a group, they were warned that behaviour within the group was endangering the group as a whole's status as ticket holders. As a group, they on numerous occasions stuck to an ethos steeped in hubris ("without ultras there is no football") & a "don't snitch" gang mentality.

They thought they were needed so much that the behaviour that clearly came from within the group would not have to be addressed by the group as a whole & they also thought the collective bore no responsibility to ensure people outside the group were safe by excising those who endangered others.

They were wrong.

They are done.

They are not needed.

Moving on.

Shway
08-23-2018, 01:50 PM
.... And the atmosphere at BMO field has just drastically changed. Means we'll here tribal rhythm Nation, that much louder.

TFC1986
08-23-2018, 02:19 PM
So is the whole section 114 part of that group.
What if you had season tickets since day 1, but don't consider yourself affiliated. Does this mean you now lose your season tickets.
If thats the case, whats the benefit of someone associating themselves with there section season seat holders.
I read an article saying they have revoked and refunded season ticket holders
https://www.wakingthered.com/2018/8/23/17773026/toronto-fc-remove-inebriattis-supporters-group-status-after-ottawa-incident-2018

i) Immediate and permanent termination of Inebriatti’s status as an official supporter group and all associated supporter group privileges;
(ii) Termination and refund of all seat accounts associated with Inebriatti; and

redcard
08-23-2018, 02:33 PM
Pretty steep pricing $250USD and 4 hours online.

Wow that's a lot of money...I don't see anyone wanting to take that course then...hmm maybe I can move my 2 seats into 114!

Red CB Toronto
08-23-2018, 02:57 PM
This online course seems to be more tailored towards alcohol/substance incidents based on reading the following.

Pretty steep pricing $250USD and 4 hours online.

Derko
08-23-2018, 03:09 PM
.... And the atmosphere at BMO field has just drastically changed. Means we'll here tribal rhythm Nation, that much louder.

Tribal Rhythm Nation's drums and pans (atmosphere) versus fan safety and hooliganism, hmm! something wrong with that picture.

KGH
08-23-2018, 03:52 PM

But seriously how many of those individuals will take the MLS fan conduct course?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings asked if they wanted to move over. Depending on the size of the cohort it might make sense. Unify all the vocal groups into one section to play off each other. Allow some of the 114 folks who want to stand and be in the supporters area but don't want to be right in the thick of things to shimmy over to 116.

Oldtimer
08-23-2018, 04:00 PM
As far as atmosphere, I've noticed that U-Sector has come alive again now that they aren't intimidated by the blackshirt hooligans.

114 can easily be filled with RPB and U-Sector members. We don't need the Inebriatti.

As someone who has seats in 114, I can tell you that the SSH around me is glad that the Inebriatti are gone. Their constant blocking views of crucial plays by their flags and their "FU" attitude was beyond annoying.

Joe Kool
08-23-2018, 04:08 PM
As someone who has seats in 114, I can tell you that the SSH around me is glad that the Inebriatti are gone. Their constant blocking views of crucial plays by their flags and their "FU" attitude was beyond annoying.

I second this. Not a fan of that attitude. Had some run ins with them in our section. This is good news for me.

magmadragon
08-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Side note to any Kings reading here: when leading the thunder clap, can your drummer please increase the tempo of the two beats. The timing last game was messing everyone up in 111. Otherwise, I welcome the return of it.

MDH
08-23-2018, 04:20 PM
I sat in 115 for 8 years before moving away and my parents still use my tickets every week. Last year I watched my first game live that included this group. They were everything that I found frustrating about supporter culture. Idle flag waving, random noises, and most of all a belief that everyone should be like them or at least think they're good. After the Ottawa game they sent out a message saying that it wasnt them and condemned the actions. Hopefully this deserved banning teaches the members of this group that they aren't special. They didn't make the crowd or the team better. And they are responsible for each other. I know many members of this group and dispite being saddened by their turn towards a more tribal support culture I know them to be good people who love their football team. This banning shouldn't change that, the football remains, and so do your friends. Just drop the ego, take a deep breath, look around, and remember, there's a football match going on. Best of luck to the individuals, good riddance to the group.

Matthew

Smokecell
08-23-2018, 05:13 PM
As a complete neutral to all of this I would have to say that I am disappointed with this ruling. My greatest fear re: the atmosphere at BMO is that it one day becomes the ACC. I believe this is a step towards that. Maybe that's just some MLSE PTSD kicking in...

Given this is a RPB board and there is certain to be varying levels of bias, the bare truth is that the Inebriatti has been the heartbeat of the southend the last few years. I stand in 110 and have loved seeing the "renaissance" of TFC support as the team rebuilt into a contender and onward. There has been a troubling trend of tourists entering 112/113 and drastically retracting from the atmosphere those sections bring. If I'm being honest I don't think I've attended a game this year and seen these sections as lively (or full) as they once were circa TFC birth.

I don't condone any of the actions from the select few morons who ruined this for the masses however I respect what the Inebriatti brought to the table. This is a huge loss for TFC support as a whole as I see it. I will forever remember the 2017 MLS Cup for obvious reasons but NOTHING has ever and at this rate will ever match the atmosphere and sea of red around the Vasquez goal flares et all. For me that was a thing of beauty and it saddens me that we may never see that degree of support inside the 4 walls of BMO ever again. If the scenes at BMO that night didn't pull at every one of your heart strings then I seriously don't know what would.

I don't know the politics behind the scenes of why groups have changed/moved over the years and frankly don't care to I just wish this had ended differently. I know there are varied philosophies and styles in the south and certainly not everybody agreed with the style of the Inebriatti, but I can confidently say that I rather someone standing and chanting the full 90+ than sitting and texting, and for that, whether I agree with them or not, I will always respect what they brought and I will gladly end this by thanking any members who may read this for the memories they helped create at BMO the last few years.

Lennon
08-23-2018, 05:42 PM
As a complete neutral to all of this I would have to say that I am disappointed with this ruling. My greatest fear re: the atmosphere at BMO is that it one day becomes the ACC. I believe this is a step towards that. Maybe that's just some MLSE PTSD kicking in...

Given this is a RPB board and there is certain to be varying levels of bias, the bare truth is that the Inebriatti has been the heartbeat of the southend the last few years. I stand in 110 and have loved seeing the "renaissance" of TFC support as the team rebuilt into a contender and onward. There has been a troubling trend of tourists entering 112/113 and drastically retracting from the atmosphere those sections bring. If I'm being honest I don't think I've attended a game this year and seen these sections as lively (or full) as they once were circa TFC birth.

I don't condone any of the actions from the select few morons who ruined this for the masses however I respect what the Inebriatti brought to the table. This is a huge loss for TFC support as a whole as I see it. I will forever remember the 2017 MLS Cup for obvious reasons but NOTHING has ever and at this rate will ever match the atmosphere and sea of red around the Vasquez goal flares et all. For me that was a thing of beauty and it saddens me that we may never see that degree of support inside the 4 walls of BMO ever again. If the scenes at BMO that night didn't pull at every one of your heart strings then I seriously don't know what would.

I don't know the politics behind the scenes of why groups have changed/moved over the years and frankly don't care to I just wish this had ended differently. I know there are varied philosophies and styles in the south and certainly not everybody agreed with the style of the Inebriatti, but I can confidently say that I rather someone standing and chanting the full 90+ than sitting and texting, and for that, whether I agree with them or not, I will always respect what they brought and I will gladly end this by thanking any members who may read this for the memories they helped create at BMO the last few years.

Well said.

Sad to see so many "supporters" celebrating this decision. So much for All for One.

I'll never understand people that stand in the supporter's section, contribute nothing to the atmosphere, and complain about flags. If having an unobstructed view was the most important thing to me, I'd find somewhere else to stand. It's not like there's a shortage of family friendly sections.

Atmosphere won't be the same without them. Sad day for TFC fans under 30.

TFC07
08-23-2018, 05:45 PM
My greatest fear re: the atmosphere at BMO is that it one day becomes the ACC. I believe this is a step towards that. Maybe that's just some MLSE PTSD kicking in...

This is something I fear as well.

Let's be real honest here: some of TFC fans have done stupid shit in the past (fights with other fans and even police to throwing streamers onto the field during a corner kick) which enough to get banned from all MLSE properties and events. So I am shocked to read that Inebriatti was banned for life for incident that took place outside BMO field and MLS competition. At most, I was excepting few of their members to banned for year or two, but to get rid the whole group for life is harsh.

Stencils
08-23-2018, 05:47 PM

So here's a couple of things to consider when contemplating disappointment about this decision.

In 110 and other sections, you're isolated and insulated from what is actually going on in 114 behind these guys. Singing and flags are great!....until you, as a die-hard supporter who lives and breathes watching the boys in red do their work on the field are game in and game out prevented from seeing those amazing plays. Remember that Osorio backheel goal? Bono denying Cyle Larin off the line? Stuff like that? A lot of us in 114 don't. But in 110, you see the goal, the big save, the celebration and the flags and the smoke and it's awesome. The issue here isn't flags or passion - it's respect. I like flags. I like chanting. I like joining in. But when the response to 'bring the flags down while the play is happening in the south end' is a massive screw you, the group does not endear itself. We're all there to support. An 'our way our the highway approach' is not respectful to the people who've been in that section from day one supporting in their way. Let's be clear, BMO Field has been one of the best places to play and see a game played in since TFC began - before Inebriatti appeared.

If there was a change in attitude in that group that started to try and respect and include people around them in a way that built on a solid consensus of support, while at the same time identifying and expelling bad influences and having real consequences for individuals causing problems, then hey - keep them there. But the time to do that was months if not years ago. This isn't a sudden situation that's just exploded like an ill-lit flare. Serious incidents like the one in Ottawa and others that have been reported on recently are what was always going to happen based on everything I and the people around me in 114 have observed. Letting it go on this long has been a calculated risk by the FO because they were banking the publicity/marketing material/etc for free. Well, now the price is being paid and for better or worse it's being paid by the people and not the company or organizations who are supposed to monitor and manage this sort of thing. There were ways to keep most if not all of what you like about Inebriatti while at the same time avoiding all of what has happened recently and more than one key opportunity to make that choice - but it didn't happen.

I wouldn't worry about BMO becoming like the ACC. The Inebriatti 'experience' was just one version that tried to quickly do an end run around building up in unison with those that already 'lived' there. I like to think that we are only so many years into this journey and we're on the road to developing our own CANADIAN version of supporters culture. We don't have to be British supporters or South American supporters or any other style of supporters but our own. And I like to hope that the Canadian version includes a lot of respect for others and positivity, inclusiveness, and family.

Smokecell
08-23-2018, 06:04 PM
In 110 and other sections, you're isolated and insulated from what is actually going on in 114 behind these guys. Singing and flags are great!....until you, as a die-hard supporter who lives and breathes watching the boys in red do their work on the field are game in and game out prevented from seeing those amazing plays. Remember that Osorio backheel goal? Bono denying Cyle Larin off the line? Stuff like that? A lot of us in 114 don't. But in 110, you see the goal, the big save, the celebration and the flags and the smoke and it's awesome. The issue here isn't flags or passion - it's respect. I like flags. I like chanting. I like joining in. But when the response to 'bring the flags down while the play is happening in the south end' is a massive screw you, the group does not endear itself. We're all there to support. An 'our way our the highway approach' is not respectful to the people who've been in that section from day one supporting in their way. Let's be clear, BMO Field has been one of the best places to play and see a game played in since TFC began - before Inebriatti appeared.

Here's the problem with this - if a tourist in 114 behind you tapped you on the back and asked you to sit down because they couldn't see what would you do? Politely explain to them that this is a supporters section and as such you and those around you are permitted to do so etc so forth (I've seen this happen may times - assuming you would do the same but correct if otherwise and you'd sit). Similarly there are no rules prohibiting them from waving their flags to their hearts desire in the seats they paid just as much as you for so really it's no different than someone continuing to stand after being asked to sit. It's never ok to be an asshole when asked to put a flag down I'll give you that - respect should always come first full stop.

Secondly - you're an adult. If 114 wasn't working out for you there was nobody stopping you from moving. Being an SSH myself I know that giving up tickets in a supporters section isn't an easy decision to make with no guarantee of a move to a similar spot but that's life. If you keep returning knowing the outcome and still complaining - at a certain point it becomes your fault. Sort of like the whole returning to an abusive boy/girlfriend time and time again.

molenshtain
08-23-2018, 06:15 PM
I just hope something better and more controlled will rise from the ashes of this. For better and for worse, and this isn't meant to be a diss to any other group, but it's pretty inarguable that these guys were the most visible and dedicated group of supporters we had. Of course this had to happen but it has to be said their enthusiasm and voices will be missed. If there's some way that enthusiasm can be controlled and channeled into something solely positive, which is entirely a possibility, than I think that would be awesome. We'll see what happens i guess.

Oldtimer
08-23-2018, 06:26 PM
Secondly - you're an adult. If 114 wasn't working out for you there was nobody stopping you from moving. Being an SSH myself I know that giving up tickets in a supporters section isn't an easy decision to make with no guarantee of a move to a similar spot but that's life. If you keep returning knowing the outcome and still complaining - at a certain point it becomes your fault. Sort of like the whole returning to an abusive boy/girlfriend time and time again.

I selected my seats before TFC was, I'm an original year one SSH. I have friendships formed over the years with the people around me. This group only started in 2012, and was insignificant for the first few years. Why should I move?

It's not about support. I love flags, JUST NOT RANDOMLY WAVING THEM LIKE MORONS WHILE PLAY IS GOING ON. I also hate flares, they never were allowed here, I didn't buy into them, it's not part of supporter culture in any of the big three football leagues. Why should I be endangered by them? Maybe it looks cool to you, it doesn't look cool when it's a drunk guy next to you. I love chanting. Why should I be subjected to a group singing a different chant while Dichio 24 is being sung, just because they declared that it should be no more?

There's a difference between being part of a supporters section and being subject to the whims of a new group.

Anyway it's a moot point. They are gone for good. Let's step up our game.

MDH
08-23-2018, 07:00 PM
Well said.

Sad to see so many "supporters" celebrating this decision. So much for All for One.

I'll never understand people that stand in the supporter's section, contribute nothing to the atmosphere, and complain about flags. If having an unobstructed view was the most important thing to me, I'd find somewhere else to stand. It's not like there's a shortage of family friendly sections.

Atmosphere won't be the same without them. Sad day for TFC fans under 30.

I dont understand why supporters is in air quotes. In the innebriatti many people would not watch any of the football. If your argument is that someone not even paying attention to the game is more of a supporter than someone who is then we have different word definitions. Again there are many nice people in that group but so many (sooooo many) of the year one folks in 114 and 115 hated having them there. Because they made the atmosphere worse, not better. If your idea of support is making noise regardless of context then maybe the back corner would have always been a more appropriate place for this group. (it would have, easily) Of course you're welcome to your opinion, but this is a win for genuine football supporters and a loss for Ultras. And that is a huge win for new fans, old fans, really anyone who isn't there to drink and be a young ego driven man.

MDH
08-23-2018, 07:02 PM
So here's a couple of things to consider when contemplating disappointment about this decision.

If there was a change in attitude in that group that started to try and respect and include people around them in a way that built on a solid consensus of support, while at the same time identifying and expelling bad influences and having real consequences for individuals causing problems, then hey - keep them there. But the time to do that was months if not years ago. This isn't a sudden situation that's just exploded like an ill-lit flare. Serious incidents like the one in Ottawa and others that have been reported on recently are what was always going to happen based on everything I and the people around me in 114 have observed. Letting it go on this long has been a calculated risk by the FO because they were banking the publicity/marketing material/etc for free. Well, now the price is being paid and for better or worse it's being paid by the people and not the company or organizations who are supposed to monitor and manage this sort of thing. There were ways to keep most if not all of what you like about Inebriatti while at the same time avoiding all of what has happened recently and more than one key opportunity to make that choice - but it didn't happen.

I wouldn't worry about BMO becoming like the ACC. The Inebriatti 'experience' was just one version that tried to quickly do an end run around building up in unison with those that already 'lived' there. I like to think that we are only so many years into this journey and we're on the road to developing our own CANADIAN version of supporters culture. We don't have to be British supporters or South American supporters or any other style of supporters but our own. And I like to hope that the Canadian version includes a lot of respect for others and positivity, inclusiveness, and family.

This is a lovely well thought out post that represents the majority that I have seen and spoken to. Well said

sn0re
08-23-2018, 07:52 PM
Let's step up our game.

This 1000x. I need someone to talk to in private about this, as it has been on my mind for a while.

OgtheDim
08-23-2018, 08:20 PM
Side note to any Kings reading here: when leading the thunder clap, can your drummer please increase the tempo of the two beats. The timing last game was messing everyone up in 111. Otherwise, I welcome the return of it.

Might be a measure of distance. When it was over in 114, we in 221 coudn't quite get it - had to watch the drummer. This time, it worked pretty darn perfect for us.

Not worried about moving forward.

Kings brought it last game. For the first time in a long time, their lead was followed and creeping around to the West.

Keep that up and 219 & 220 will fall in with what Kings does & then who knows where this will all go. The Upper West caused the TV booths to sway during Championship games the last two years - we be a raucous bunch when provided with an opportunity.

Lennon
08-23-2018, 08:21 PM
I dont understand why supporters is in air quotes. In the innebriatti many people would not watch any of the football. If your argument is that someone not even paying attention to the game is more of a supporter than someone who is then we have different word definitions. Again there are many nice people in that group but so many (sooooo many) of the year one folks in 114 and 115 hated having them there. Because they made the atmosphere worse, not better. If your idea of support is making noise regardless of context then maybe the back corner would have always been a more appropriate place for this group. (it would have, easily) Of course you're welcome to your opinion, but this is a win for genuine football supporters and a loss for Ultras. And that is a huge win for new fans, old fans, really anyone who isn't there to drink and be a young ego driven man.

That's just not true .. it's not like they have their backs to the field for 90 minutes. The only ones that miss a lot of the game are the capos.

My argument is that someone in the supporter's section contributing to to the atmosphere is more of a supporter than someone that isn't. If you're not contributing to the atmosphere you're taking away from it.

There was no atmosphere in 114/115 before Inebriatti showed up.

Oldtimer
08-23-2018, 08:42 PM
That's just not true .. it's not like they have their backs to the field for 90 minutes. The only ones that miss a lot of the game are the capos.

You're not getting it. It's not about which direction you are facing, it's about appreciating context.

When we'd chant "who are ya" to a big name player, it was funny. If we made up a chant at the moment because of something on the field, it was great.

The Inebriatti wrecked all that. They just did their songs regardless of what happened during the game.

leedsandTFC
08-23-2018, 09:19 PM
the question is what tfc fan group is gonna pick up the slack on the cocaine front?

TFC1154ever
08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
What is the chances a new supporter group forms there? What happens to the seats?

Lennon
08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
You're not getting it. It's not about which direction you are facing, it's about appreciating context.

When we'd chant "who are ya" to a big name player, it was funny. If we made up a chant at the moment because of something on the field, it was great.

The Inebriatti wrecked all that. They just did their songs regardless of what happened during the game.

Some people like to yell who are ya, some like to wave flags and sing non stop for 90 minutes. You have your way of supporting, I have mine. Why is your way more valid then mine? There's enough room in the south end for both styles to co-exist.

Inebriatti didn't wreck anything. They're just doing their thing. Not everyone is from a 'top 3 football league' country, and not everyone thinks that chanting "you fat bastard" on goal kicks is funny.

molenshtain
08-23-2018, 09:26 PM
I always thought the songs specific to them were kinda shite tbh. Long, complicated and pretty derivative. Think it definitely contributed to their in stadium influence not really expanding past the dedicated members of their group and to the rest of the south end.

Stencils
08-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Here's the problem with this - if a tourist in 114 behind you tapped you on the back and asked you to sit down because they couldn't see what would you do? Politely explain to them that this is a supporters section and as such you and those around you are permitted to do so etc so forth (I've seen this happen may times - assuming you would do the same but correct if otherwise and you'd sit). Similarly there are no rules prohibiting them from waving their flags to their hearts desire in the seats they paid just as much as you for so really it's no different than someone continuing to stand after being asked to sit. It's never ok to be an asshole when asked to put a flag down I'll give you that - respect should always come first full stop.

Where's the problem? It comes down to you as a person in that situation as much as it comes down to a group in the larger debate about flags. If there's someone behind me asking me to sit down so they can see (something that hasn't happened to me in the south end since once in year one) then I would do what I can to accommodate them. The fact that everyone around them is standing should be a help when trying to explain politely about the standing allowed policy in the south, but let's assume they have some kind of mobility issue. What does it cost me to try and shift over a little so they can see between me and the next guy - or if there's no one in front me that day to offer to trade spots. Very little cost in that.

And to the idea that me saying 'I can stand here, it's allowed' is the same as 'I can wave my flags all game, it's allowed'. Standing during the run of play is permitted, but read the official code of conduct for the supporters regarding flags and the run of play. Again, I have no issue with flags - I'd love flags of all sizes all over the stadium! - but not only is it an issue of respect, in many cases in 114 it was an issue of disregarding the supporters section own code of conduct and the FO not enforcing it. So with that said, why should I have to give up my tickets (that's life and all that)? Yes, I'm an adult - which is precisely why I am ready and willing to stand up when I see intolerance and disrespect for others and not run away from it. And I would recommend against using that argument about the abusive partner. The only person at fault in an abusive relationship is the abuser. FULL STOP.

Smokecell
08-23-2018, 10:31 PM
Where's the problem? It comes down to you as a person in that situation as much as it comes down to a group in the larger debate about flags. If there's someone behind me asking me to sit down so they can see (something that hasn't happened to me in the south end since once in year one) then I would do what I can to accommodate them. The fact that everyone around them is standing should be a help when trying to explain politely about the standing allowed policy in the south, but let's assume they have some kind of mobility issue. What does it cost me to try and shift over a little so they can see between me and the next guy - or if there's no one in front me that day to offer to trade spots. Very little cost in that.

And to the idea that me saying 'I can stand here, it's allowed' is the same as 'I can wave my flags all game, it's allowed'. Standing during the run of play is permitted, but read the official code of conduct for the supporters regarding flags and the run of play. Again, I have no issue with flags - I'd love flags of all sizes all over the stadium! - but not only is it an issue of respect, in many cases in 114 it was an issue of disregarding the supporters section own code of conduct and the FO not enforcing it. So with that said, why should I have to give up my tickets (that's life and all that)? Yes, I'm an adult - which is precisely why I am ready and willing to stand up when I see intolerance and disrespect for others and not run away from it. And I would recommend against using that argument about the abusive partner. The only person at fault in an abusive relationship is the abuser. FULL STOP.

Per https://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/code-conduct:

Flags smaller than 5’ x 5’ and attached to a pole under 10’ are permitted to be up and/or waving during the run of play. However, the flag must be approved by TFC Front Office beforehand.

Not sure which code of conduct you've read...Hopefully you have read the warning on supporters tickets stating your view may be obstructed. TM last I used it to purchase additional tickets even had an explicit popup before you purchased warning you that your view may be obstructed. The flag issue is more a matter of taste than somebody doing something that is against the rules. I don't have any sympathy there other than agreeing that whoever handled the inquiry disrespectfully has no place at BMO. We're all peers who underneath our differences want the same thing. No need to be an asshole but also no need to put down the flag. BTW whoever had the argument of being there from day needs to retire that. As someone part of that group I can confidently say it shouldn't entitle me to more than the next paying customer (when you boil it down that's what we all are).

I think you took the analogy a bit far btw - the gist is you had the power in your own hands to move and alleviate yourself of everything that retracted from your gameday experience and choose not to, albeit for valid reasons I can relate to - not saying I blame you. Just saying it takes away from the validity of your complaints. Have your cake and eat it too kinda deal. You have to think of it objectively, to the other guy/girl why should they have to give up something they are entitled to because it's not to your taste? The south should be shared and I really hope going forward things take a positive turn. There's a mountain sized crater left in southend support with the removal of the Inebriatti. Reading through posts on twitter it's a bit sad to see people call out that without them the same 4 or so songs that are generally recycled around MLS is kinda what remains - it's a bit harsh hearing but if we're being honest I think it's hard to argue. I give them respect for trying to push the bar and introduce new chants as complex as some may have been.

Lastly - to anyone bashing the Inebriatti I hope you're one of those that gives their full 90 because if you're not at BMO adding to the atmosphere then you're taking away from it. We have some big shoes to fill - talk is very cheap.....and a hell of a lot quieter than giving your all for the Reds :scarf:

Redcoe15
08-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Fuck 'em!

They may be a passionate bunch, but they went out of their way to protect their group's bad eggs, who brought a lot of media attention to their shitty behavior. And that ends up making ALL the TFC supporters groups look bad in the eyes of many. Their actions give fuel to the soccer haters out there (and there are still plenty out there) who still want to cast fans of the sport as unruly hooligans that just want to look for trouble.

I don't feel sad for their demise, and I don't feel the need to have a Goddamn ounce of shame that I'm glad they're done.

Fuck 'em!

Blindside16
08-24-2018, 03:12 AM

Thank you for putting into words what I was feeling for most of the day. I am not looking to squabble or argue about who is right, wrong or indifferent. At the end of the day the Innebriatti had a presence in the stands the everyone took notice too. It helped build the atmosphere in BMO and now that part of it is gone. I am sure another supporters group will develop and fill the void that this has created. Until then I echo your thoughts. Thank you for the memories.

denime
08-24-2018, 06:04 AM
There was TFC support before Inbeebs,and there will be after them. It was just matter of time when they will go overboard and get kicked out,this was the year.This type of stupid has no place in NA.
Did they elevated atmosphere in the south?fuck ya,however put Kings into 114 and and south will rock again,as much as Inbeebs were loud,position of section 114 played bigger role for atmosphere.

Oldtimer
08-24-2018, 07:47 AM
My understanding is that supporters and ultras are a different thing.

Supporters first grew up in England where members of the working class wanted to cheer on their team. Along with football spreading around the world, supporters culture also spread.

Ultras culture originated in the sharp social, political, regional and ethnic divides in eastern Europe. In the tightly controlled societies, particularly in the communist block countries of the time, football matches were the only times when these loyalties could be openly expressed. So ultras displays weren't about cheering the team to win, that was secondary, they were about tribalism to the particular group.

So while we don't have those types of repressed societies and the original reason is completely lost, I believe that the Inebriatti were imitating those kinds of groups, and their displays were more about group notoriety than about supporting the team, just like with real Ultras.

No where was this more evident than when after a decade I finally got my wife to go to a game with me. I thought she would enjoy the excitement of the game (against Montreal no less) and the vibe of the support. Instead, all she remembers is the obscene banner that the Inebriatti put up that game. I was apologizing for weeks afterwards. It's the first thing she mentioned to me when I told her yesterday they got banned.

No one can tell me that banner encouraged our team to win. It was all about notoriety. Same thing with the fire in Ottawa, or any other such things that they did.

cmonyoureds
08-24-2018, 07:50 AM
As far as atmosphere, I've noticed that U-Sector has come alive again now that they aren't intimidated by the blackshirt hooligans.

114 can easily be filled with RPB and U-Sector members. We don't need the Inebriatti.

Just a quick question if you don't mind? How exactly is the front office handling the removal of seats? You're certainly not part of the Inbeebs, but have seats in 114.
Do they have a membership list?

paul-collins
08-24-2018, 07:51 AM
I like how the neutral position is "if you don't like the people in front of you obstructing your view, you should leave" to a long time SSH.

MLSE made a calculation as to what support was more valuable to them. Whether you like it or not, the decision is the opposite of the above.

It's big boy pants time.

cmonyoureds
08-24-2018, 07:53 AM

This is a magnificent post.
I think we can wait to see how the front office handles the recently confiscated tickets before we worry about ACC standards. They've got 3 options.
1) distribute through a/the supporter groups
2) move another supporter group into that spot (King's?)
3) sell those tickets for jacked up "FEEL THE EXPERIENCE" prices

Hopefully the empty seats witnessed as this season has moved forward will remove any thoughts of #3.

Oldtimer
08-24-2018, 07:55 AM
Just a quick question if you don't mind? How exactly is the front office handling the removal of seats? You're certainly not part of the Inbeebs, but have seats in 114.
Do they have a membership list?

No final word yet. Right now they are selling them on a match by match basis to tourists, I expect that for the rest of the season.

If they give it to a group, the group will have to tie it to group membership lists. Non members won't be able to buy them.

One of the problems with the Inebriatti is that they denied a trouble maker was part of their group whenever they were caught. That's why TFC took such care to be certain of culpability. They will not allow that to happen again.

Tunnelred
08-24-2018, 07:59 AM
I liked what Ineebs brought to the atmosphere for the most part. But the lack of respect for others around them really started to get bad. Columbus last year in the playoffs was a prime example. They came and told everyone down the bottom of the away section to move as that is “their place”. They then proceed to wave their flags constantly as soon as the game starts. You have to think there are a lot of families and non SG affiliated fans there too. When we asked them to put the flags down so we could watch the game we got told “you’re not here to watch the game”. Yup, I paid to fly to Columbus, accommodation, and a match ticket just to see the back of flags. If they wanted to wave flags all game, take the back of the section where you’re not impeding anyone’s view.

Respect for others. Plain and simple. They lost it.

zorsofstesab
08-24-2018, 08:00 AM
What is the chances a new supporter group forms there? What happens to the seats?

My fear is that they move supporters from the upper 110 into this section so they can charge more for the 110 seats. Or they move all light greys from the lower bowl into 114 and do the same and charge more for those seats. MLSE is a business and will do whatever to increase $$. Just like they screwed Raptors season holders who I believe had floors and they added a row in front of them for more $$.

cmonyoureds
08-24-2018, 08:00 AM
No final word yet. Right now they are selling them on a match by match basis to tourists, I expect that for the rest of the season.

If they give it to a group, the group will have to tie it to group membership lists. Non members won't be able to buy them.

Seems like a measured approach to the situation by the front office so far.
As a non-member, I sure hope they give them to supporter groups to distribute/ sell em through the groups. Preserving the South End is essential to keeping the game day experience intact.
The tourist quotient that already fills in down there seems to already be affecting things.

Oldtimer
08-24-2018, 08:01 AM
I liked what Ineebs brought to the atmosphere for the most part. But the lack of respect for others around them really started to get bad. Columbus last year in the playoffs was a prime example. They came and told everyone down the bottom of the away section to move as that is “their place”. They then proceed to wave their flags constantly as soon as the game starts. You have to think there are a lot of families and non SG affiliated fans there too. When we asked them to put the flags down so we could watch the game we got told “you’re not here to watch the game”. Yup, I paid to fly to Columbus, accommodation, and a match ticket just to see the back of flags. If they wanted to wave flags all game, take the back of the section where you’re not impeding anyone’s view.

Respect for others. Plan and simple. They lost it.

Thank you. Sums it up nicely.

eustacchio
08-24-2018, 08:34 AM
It's like they loved the team so much that the team had to get a restraining order.

C.Ronaldo
08-24-2018, 09:09 AM
Thank you. Sums it up nicely.

agreed, the lack of respect for others got old really fast.

Stencils
08-24-2018, 09:22 AM
Per https://www.torontofc.ca/bmofield/code-conduct:

Flags smaller than 5’ x 5’ and attached to a pole under 10’ are permitted to be up and/or waving during the run of play. However, the flag must be approved by TFC Front Office beforehand.

That's interesting. FO must have changed this. The pole for during run flags used to be listed as 6' I could have sworn. Anyone know where the code might be posted/copied from a year ago or so? Anyway - that's what I was referring to, yes. When a lot of complaints were made it was due to flags in use during play that contravened that part of the code. If the pole was always listed as 10' (I'm pretty confident it wasn't) then that's my mistake for sure - and if the flags meet that criteria then absolutely I should be prepared for it, you're right.

The crater will be filled eventually. Tourists, as many call them, are only tourists until they stick around and join in. The south end doesn't get filled and united by not including new people. We've seen what exclusionary behaviour leads to.... Let's try a little harder to see what inclusive behaviour and attitudes can do.

BTW, wasn't referring to the analogy regarding the abusive partner, but that particular argument. I hope you were just trying to make an analogy and don't actually believe that about abusive relationships.

Rene Kingsriver
08-24-2018, 09:51 AM
It's like they loved the team so much that the team had to get a restraining order.

bravo

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2018, 10:16 AM
My understanding is that supporters and ultras are a different thing.

Supporters first grew up in England where members of the working class wanted to cheer on their team. Along with football spreading around the world, supporters culture also spread.

Ultras culture originated in the sharp social, political, regional and ethnic divides in eastern Europe. In the tightly controlled societies, particularly in the communist block countries of the time, football matches were the only times when these loyalties could be openly expressed. So ultras displays weren't about cheering the team to win, that was secondary, they were about tribalism to the particular group.

So while we don't have those types of repressed societies and the original reason is completely lost, I believe that the Inebriatti were imitating those kinds of groups, and their displays were more about group notoriety than about supporting the team, just like with real Ultras.

No where was this more evident than when after a decade I finally got my wife to go to a game with me. I thought she would enjoy the excitement of the game (against Montreal no less) and the vibe of the support. Instead, all she remembers is the obscene banner that the Inebriatti put up that game. I was apologizing for weeks afterwards. It's the first thing she mentioned to me when I told her yesterday they got banned.

No one can tell me that banner encouraged our team to win. It was all about notoriety. Same thing with the fire in Ottawa, or any other such things that they did.

and on the other hand, our Captain Bradley namechecked them several times in interviews last year, and just this past weekend, Jozy had an Instagram post with their logo and the hashtag #freeinebriatti.

Regardless of an one's individual opinion of them let's please not act like their support was/is not noticed by the players and that there won't be a huge void in support at BMO.....there will be....simple as that.....

eustacchio
08-24-2018, 10:43 AM
so can they just go and support TFC II and III?

Parkdale
08-24-2018, 10:46 AM
Now i dont know what was said behind closed doors, but it seems like the FO gave them chance after chance. I wonder if the rank and file 114 guys feel that their group's management acted in their best interest.

barticusz
08-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Though I'm not a season seat holder I've sat in various sections in the south end. My most recent visit was in 114 right behind this group. In my opinion the passion that this group brought was top notch. I hope that they can come back in a more civilized fashion but with that same passion because the supporters section is completely different with them there.

What I'd like to see happen is for them build an even larger group that takes up the whole of 114 so that they don't create viewing issues. But having an even larger group like them with that same level of passion would only be for the better. But they need to be able to control themselves and realize that they aren't ultra's.

If they don't come back, BMO will become an ACC type atmosphere, which is inevitable and very unfortunate.

OgtheDim
08-24-2018, 11:00 AM
There is no "on the other hand" to a hubristic sexist harrassing group of people who only think they are real fans & never take responsibility for actions from within their group or for how they affect other people around them. Not only is there nothing that they provided that can EVER justify their behaviour, but what they provided is not necessary for BMO to have a great atmosphere.

They were arguing on Twitter yesterday telling the rest of us we are effin plastic. Frankly, they don't give a rats ass about anybody but themselves & the elites that they think they are. And don't get me started on them singing over Dichio on freaking purpose & how they spent 25 minutes doing the same damn song.

Has it been as loud from the South the last few games? No.

Has it been silent? HELL NO

They have already been shown to not be needed.
There is no void of sound in the south.
There has been no void of support at BMO.

If anything, other groups are stepping up.

You want to see what happens when supporters stop coming to games?

Go watch the Chicago Columbus game from last night.

You could hear players calling out plays on the pitch - it was like watching a college game.

No crowd noise because not only was it just 10K there - the Fire have bounced/neglected/turned off every single supporter group they have ever had. Even the guys who used to just drukenly chant "FIRE!" are gone.

We are still, even without that one group, one of the louder stadiums in the league.

TFC Tifoso
08-24-2018, 11:30 AM
hey people can believe what they like, but if they don't think that the players have fed off their support specifically, AFTER THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES HAVE SAID SO, then it's either being incredibly naive, or simply sticking fingers in the ears.....

GBV
08-24-2018, 11:34 AM
and on the other hand, our Captain Bradley namechecked them several times in interviews last year, and just this past weekend, Jozy had an Instagram post with their logo and the hashtag #freeinebriatti.

Regardless of an one's individual opinion of them let's please not act like their support was/is not noticed by the players and that there won't be a huge void in support at BMO.....there will be....simple as that.....

Pretty darn good chance Bradley and Altidore have never once had to deal with the frequent, gross BS those near (and maybe beyond near) the Inebs in the stands have had to deal with, though.
Tune might change a tad if so ...

Parkdale
08-24-2018, 11:35 AM
hey people can believe what they like, but if they don't think that the players have fed off their support specifically, AFTER THE PLAYERS THEMSELVES HAVE SAID SO, then it's either being incredibly naive, or simply sticking fingers in the ears.....

And the players have been saying that since year 1. Thinking that players only started to benefit from the noise 3 years ago is equally naive.

Voodooman
08-24-2018, 11:40 AM
I guess Ill make one quick post about this

Nobody is denying their passion and ability to make the stadium rocking. It has been the go to for last few seasons for sure

Its more the question is if all the negatives attached outweigh the positives that they provide? TFC felt that it didn't. Hard to disagree, considering how many issues there has been over the years.

Will it turn into the ACC? No. It wasn't the ACC before they arrived in the early years, and based on the last couple games, it won't be. Just won't be as loud until we rebuild that chemistry again which I believe we can do.

Wish the group and members all the best and hope to see them re-evaluate and bring that same noise possibly in the future. In the meantime, lets convert some tourists!

Derko
08-24-2018, 11:43 AM

Stop shouting, it is a shame that the group has been banned because of the idiotic hooliganism that a few of the prepubescent members resorted too, not self policing and condoning the behaviour by the group is just bad management. There are rules that were regularly broken at both home and away matches, shit happens. Yes they had great support but committed suicide by crossing the line far too many times and simply denying it by their spokesperson. Being an official supporter's group is like being a partner with the club, if you make the club look bad, you are no longer a said partner. That is the big picture in my opinion. no naivety or
sticking fingers in one's ears as you eloquently put it

Red CB Toronto
08-24-2018, 11:45 AM
so can they just go and support TFC II and III?

God help the CPL, they better be prepared. If any one remembers some of smoke/flare shows that went on at CSL games will under stand.

DFloorDanny
08-24-2018, 11:55 AM
I'm baffled by the expectation from people that the solution to the gap in 114 should have already come. This isn't something that gets sorted overnight.

Yes, we get it, it's different without 150 folks not being there chanting and such. You can't just replace those 150 people in a week on a like for like basis. This stuff takes time. I'm confident that the supporter culture will remain strong in Toronto.

paul-collins
08-24-2018, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty sure the name check could equally be down to simple name recognition. Without a doubt Ineeb did a great job of branding. Reality is, the physical celebrations seemed to hit U-Sector more than Ineeb. But positioning and branding would have had them forefront of any soccer player's mind.

I'll miss their passion but I don't for a second believe that their way of drumming up passion is the only way to get things rolling. I've said elsewhere that last year's south end unity was the real goal, and that this year I haven't seen cooperation happen this year - and so I don't want to overstate the value of one particular group in the grand scheme of things, especially if they are eschewing coordination and common responsibility for creating said unity.

That they've taken to the airwaves to run down all the other supporters in the aftermath, rather than attacking the decision makers, AND that no one on the outside seems to be interested in defending their honour (such as it may be), says it all to me.

They aren't interested in the Club. They aren't looking to support TFC. They aren't working with other supporters. They want TFC to provide them with a sandbox. That's all.

Voodooman
08-24-2018, 12:04 PM
God help the CPL, they better be prepared. If any one remembers some of smoke/flare shows that went on at CSL games will under stand.

As someone who played in it. Trust me, I had enough flares thrown at me in a lifetime.

pfk
08-24-2018, 12:14 PM
I guess Ill make one quick post about this

Nobody is denying their passion and ability to make the stadium rocking. It has been the go to for last few seasons for sure

Its more the question is if all the negatives attached outweigh the positives that they provide? TFC felt that it didn't. Hard to disagree, considering how many issues there has been over the years.

Will it turn into the ACC? No. It wasn't the ACC before they arrived in the early years, and based on the last couple games, it won't be. Just won't be as loud until we rebuild that chemistry again which I believe we can do.

Wish the group and members all the best and hope to see them re-evaluate and bring that same noise possibly in the future. In the meantime, lets convert some tourists!

Spot on. Yes, they have passion and are noisy, but they are also petulant children when they got called out for bad behaviour by the FO. How far would it have to escalate for the FO to ban them permanently? They've already caused a poor Crew fan to seek financial help for a badly burned leg from their flare after a fight. They also caused a property damage in Ottawa and could have caused more injuries at TD Place. I'm sure a number of you have paraded with them in Liberty Village to BMO. These guys throw firecrackers into their own parade with their own fans! Their bad behaviour outweighs the noise levels that they bring the BMO.

Some of the perpetrators of the flare incident in Ottawa have been banned from BMO and MLSE property indefinitely. It does looks like some non-Inebriatti people are banned, but at least they aren't coming to BMO: https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1032617420949790720

OgtheDim
08-24-2018, 12:37 PM

I prefer to use my eyes & ears.

Jozy went to the RPB end after his 1st goal against Vancouver.

The players and fans did the clap after the Voyageurs win with drums from 2 groups.

Osorio took the cup up onto a capo stand.

That relationship with the players is still there.

Oldtimer
08-24-2018, 12:37 PM
They aren't interested in the Club. They aren't looking to support TFC. They aren't working with other supporters. They want TFC to provide them with a sandbox. That's all.

You summarized it well. They also weren't interested in the slightest in the people around them.

OgtheDim
08-24-2018, 12:45 PM
Oh, and to add to this discussion, some voices that have not been mentioned

https://twitter.com/crissypayne/status/1032721463491493889

Stencils
08-24-2018, 01:57 PM
Oh, and to add to this discussion, some voices that have not been mentioned

https://twitter.com/crissypayne/status/1032721463491493889

Bang on.

tfcmanu
08-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Inebriatti will be back under there original group name or some other name, However the members who will be cleared will have to take some sort of MLS fan conduct educational class at their own expense. Maybe someone can clear this statement up "See Attached"

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1032617420949790720?s=19

Oldtimer
08-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Inebriatti will be back under there original group name or some other name, However the members who will be cleared will have to take some sort of MLS fan conduct educational class at their own expense. Maybe someone can clear this statement up "See Attached"

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1032617420949790720?s=19

They've had their season seats cancelled. Good luck forming a group together, unless they move to the cpl.

denime
08-25-2018, 06:35 AM
And of course main stream media are all over this issue,I did not want to post all these articles in TFC News,

Inside the chaotic scene that led TFC to ban Inebriatti (https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/inside-chaotic-scene-led-toronto-fc-ban-supporter-group-inebriatti/)

Inebriatti supporters say wide-ranging Toronto FC sanctions are unfair

(https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/inebriatti-supporters-say-wide-ranging-toronto-fc-sanctions-unfair/)Inebriatti calls TFC’s collective sanctions unfair (http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/951622886?-19896:6206)

‘Inebriatti’ Toronto FC fan group speaks out against wide-ranging sanctions (http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/951620582?-19896:6206)

Instead of focusing on TFC and push for playoff,media is writing about these clowns putting soccer in negative spotlight once again.
(https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/inebriatti-supporters-say-wide-ranging-toronto-fc-sanctions-unfair/)

GBV
08-25-2018, 06:42 AM
In media's defence, there is plenty out there about the Toronto FC playoff picture, the importance of tonight's game etc.
Don't think we should ask media to just ignore the Inebriatti story.

Oldtimer
08-25-2018, 08:31 AM
Interesting how smuggling in flares, putting on masks to hide their identity, and setting flares off was "accidental."

It's also interesting how one single person "voluntarily" coming forward and admitting he threw the flare on the pitch (probably after he was already ID'd by the cops) is "cooperating with the club and with police." Especially when multiple people were involved. If cooperation is true, why did they at first deny that they had anything to do with it until they were temporarily banned and presented with video evidence? How is the group "not reponsible" when this is a consistent problem? When they refused again and again to deal with these types of issues?

There's a guy in Columbus who has huge medical bills and will be scarred for life just because he attended a match. How is making members of this group watch some videos on fan behaviour even a remotely comparable negative to the damage they've caused?

I'm sorry, their response shows that they are still evading responsibility.

Red CB Toronto
08-25-2018, 08:58 AM
Interesting how smuggling in flares, putting on masks to hide their identity, and setting flares off was "accidental."

It's also interesting how one single person "voluntarily" coming forward and admitting he threw the flare on the pitch (probably after he was already ID'd by the cops) is "cooperating with the club and with police." Especially when multiple people were involved. If cooperation is true, why did they at first deny that they had anything to do with it until they were temporarily banned and presented with video evidence? How is the group "not reponsible" when this is a consistent problem? When they refused again and again to deal with these types of issues?

There's a guy in Columbus who has huge medical bills and will be scarred for life just because he attended a match. How is making members of this group watch some videos on fan behaviour even a remotely comparable negative to the damage they've caused?

I'm sorry, their response shows that they are still evading responsibility.

I have no idea how anyone could think their actions in our nations's capital and on other occasions could be in anyway considered accidental. That notion is completely beyond disbelief.

Richard
08-25-2018, 10:23 AM
I suggest a "We don't need Hooligans" chant next time.

Bunch of F-ing clowns.

gracos
08-25-2018, 10:32 AM
And then the Inebriatti indicates to free them and let them continuing what they did; they need to pay consequences for actions; it's possible they can create a new supporters group and figure out how not to continue this in the future

JavierMartini
08-25-2018, 08:03 PM
I thought they were protesting and that's why the south end was dead. I can hear impact fans over the audio. :/

I see a lot of people talking down on them on here and hailing this as a good thing.

Make no mistake the difference is night and day without them.

Auzzy
08-25-2018, 08:38 PM
I thought they were protesting and that's why the south end was dead. I can hear impact fans over the audio. :/

I see a lot of people talking down on them on here and hailing this as a good thing.

So the rest of us better step up. Inebriatti have been missing for many games already. Still the TFC support was great and loud in many of those games. Life will go on.

OgtheDim
08-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Place was loud tonight. They were not missed.

noimpactinmtl
08-25-2018, 10:33 PM
So the rest of us better step up. Inebriatti have been missing for many games already. Still the TFC support was great and loud in many of those games. Life will go on.

One thing for sure, we need another group in the middle to coordinate the south end.

Redpunkfiddle
08-25-2018, 11:05 PM

Sorry- but go back to the leg 2 semifinal broadcast and you'll hear Montreal away chanting. It's the broadcast, not the stadium. No one could say that game didn't have atmosphere.

paul-collins
08-25-2018, 11:06 PM
To be fair, Montreal is the only fanbase that brings any noise to the stands. And they were into it with the police all night.

Not sure we need to be competing with that.

Oldtimer
08-26-2018, 05:32 AM

It was really loud at the end when the Reds come marching was being sung.

benito
08-26-2018, 08:16 AM
To be fair, Montreal is the only fanbase that brings any noise to the stands. And they were into it with the police all night.

Not sure we need to be competing with that.

they were quite loud throughout the night. It’s great having opposing fans to bring up the energy in the stadium.

paul-collins
08-26-2018, 10:42 AM
Yes I enjoy the energy, but clearly they were going a bit beyond on this night. Cops were everywhere...

JavierMartini
08-26-2018, 10:53 AM

That's just not true at all. When they were there you would hear Montreal start a chant and I would be then drowned out by the ineebs. There was a point where I heard a whole Montreal chat run without a response. My friend even commented on it. It's clear there is a void with their absence.

Smokecell
08-26-2018, 10:53 AM

Impact chants were audible in the south, they are missed. Kudos to 112 it seemed to be as packed and lively as it has been all year so that's a good sign.

OgtheDim
08-26-2018, 11:16 AM
That's just not true at all.....

If you were hearing "over the audio". does that mean you were watching from the TV?

I was there.

Acoustics are different in sections but from my section, based on my experience, I've heard louder from up there from them (last year Ex game to be precise) .

From 221, we could occasionally hear the Impact fans but it was indistinct - the music from the country bar was more background noise then they were.

The noise from the south was consistent & heard. Helps with an early goal & a 2017 vintage 1st half. In general, the whole place was doing pretty good.

TFC1986
08-26-2018, 01:02 PM
Never heard any Montreal chants from section 123. Also I disagree with inbritti supporter group being missed.
Loudest South end to rest of stadium is always section 112/113.
Viking clap and yelling back and forth with section 111 of some french words (secretly maybe they like Montreal, haha)... More people can hear that than anything else any other supporter group section does, on games throughout year. And gets rest of stadium into it.
Also since the inbretti ban, our players are better. That's all Bono really needed maybe, was concentration and not worrying about a 30 year old lighting up a flare

Omar
08-26-2018, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say that. They definitely weren't missed, but I wouldn't say that the stadium was loud. I also wouldn't say that the Montréal fans themselves were loud, either. We did well enough to silence them (both fans and players).

I was at Section 210, and there were many spells where only Kings were going strong with their support. RPB and U-Sector were generally quiet on many occasions with only a few fans joining into many of the chants. We were much louder than this in the Voyageurs Cup final.

I like that U-Sector and RPB are starting to step up with the Inebriatti's "do whatever we do" presence no longer there, but this transition will take some time. The U-Sector capos have finally come back strong after the Inebriatti were banned, and we also have a nice, small pocket of supporters try to fill the void in 114, but the rest of the stand will take time to step up. I've tried to join into chants with RPB yesterday from 210, but it was tough trying to hear what they were chanting on several occasions.

Smokecell
08-26-2018, 03:06 PM
For context, I believe some earlier posters alluded to this since deleted IG post by our very own legend Jozy. He seems to think they are missed in the south. I think some people here are in denial and need to see this. (apologize for the large size)
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HB0kUFN.png

Red4ever
08-26-2018, 03:12 PM
For context, I believe some earlier posters alluded to this since deleted IG post by our very own legend Jozy. He seems to think they are missed in the south. I think some people here are in denial and need to see this. (apologize for the large size)
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HB0kUFN.png

He was on the pitch. He didn't have to deal with them starting fights with their own supporters.

In this context, jozy doesn't know what he is talking about.

Oldtimer
08-26-2018, 03:19 PM
I was listening to a reporter on TSN who said the sound was "slightly" less. This is probably more accurate than the "silence" that Inebriatti fans (members?) writing here would like to think.

I've noticed that 113, which was quiet before (due to intimidation I would think) is getting loud again. Long term it will be a net gain once we fill up 114 with supporters and have the whole south end on one page, instead of separate Inebriatti vs everyone else fifedoms.

Omar
08-26-2018, 03:28 PM
I was listening to a reporter on TSN who said the sound was "slightly" less. This is probably more accurate than the "silence" that Inebriatti fans (members?) writing here would like to think.

I've noticed that 113, which was quiet before (due to intimidation I would think) is getting loud again. Long term it will be a net gain once we fill up 114 with supporters and have the whole south end on one page, instead of separate Inebriatti vs everyone else fifedoms.
One thing's for sure. When the bigger matches roll in during the next couple of months, the stadium will be rocking. We've already seen signs of that in the Voyageurs Cup final, and I hope to see this against LAFC, the Galaxy, and Vancouver.

Lennon
08-26-2018, 06:53 PM
Meh. For a must win night game vs. our biggest rival it wasn't all that loud. Especially in the 2nd half. Exceptions being the boom boom clap and TFC clap clap clap. Everyone woke up in the 89th for the bounce as well.

One thing that hasn't been talked about is the songs being sung now. Like em or not Inebriatti definitely came up with the best songs. Now we're back to lethargically singing the same songs we were 10 years ago.

You need young blood for a good atmosphere. We lost most of ours with Inebriatti. Maybe I'll be the same 10 years from now but when your supporter's group is mostly 40+ you're just not gonna get that fire for the full 90.

Gonna miss this one.

I fell in love with a girl from Toronto.
Fell in love with a girl, her was name was Red.
She’s the only thing I live for here in Toronto,
Putting silly thoughts of love into my head.

The beer it fills our bellies
And the smoke it fills the air.
Have you seen a sight more pretty Than the glowing of a flare?
We do all this for you
Just to show our love is true
Toronto We don’t want another,
We want to spend our lives with you!

Oldtimer
08-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Meh. For a must win night game vs. our biggest rival it wasn't all that loud. Especially in the 2nd half. Exceptions being the boom boom clap and TFC clap clap clap. Everyone woke up in the 89th for the bounce as well.

One thing that hasn't been talked about is the songs being sung now. Like em or not Inebriatti definitely came up with the best songs. Now we're back to lethargically singing the same songs we were 10 years ago.

You need young blood for a good atmosphere. We lost most of ours with Inebriatti. Maybe I'll be the same 10 years from now but when your supporter's group is mostly 40+ you're just not gonna get that fire for the full 90.

Gonna miss this one.

We do all this for you

Flare reference. Typical and ironic.

Actually, the question of their songs has already been addressed in this thread. Different opinions exist it seems:

I always thought the songs specific to them were kinda shite tbh. Long, complicated and pretty derivative. Think it definitely contributed to their in stadium influence not really expanding past the dedicated members of their group and to the rest of the south end.

My 2 cents is that with U-Sector back, we'll see more new songs. They coined most of our classics.

jazzy
08-26-2018, 08:36 PM

Loved the effort by the all for one supporters yesterday , and I never heard Montreal by the time our crowd was seated and it is disengeuous to say it is night and day without them . It’s fun being there for the team and the game, not trying to prove who is the best supporter , group or otherwise . Not many have looked into the Columbus incident , but it is beyond horrific . Love the police to look into that , to at least clear the polluted air .

denime
08-27-2018, 06:33 AM
Who is being missed Ibeebs,really?

Last game we missed Altridore and Mavinga and we might miss playoffs this year,those are the only things being missed when it comes to TFC right now.
Move on,not the first time that one SG is gone from the stands,next one will pop up fill the void,stop making something out of nothing,noise is there,was before them,and will be long after they are gone.Next season fill 114 with supporters from other Sgs and that's it.

Ponderosa
08-27-2018, 10:13 AM
It was nice to see the south end blanketed in red again- never been a fan of the big black hole behind the net. It certainly will not be the ‘same’ without them but that isn’t to say it can’t be better.

Red4ever
08-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Any songs that actually were good will stay.

People seemed to like TO olé/ allez. Good tune.

T.O TILL I DIE
08-27-2018, 12:29 PM

Gonna miss this one.

We do all this for you

Glad someone brought up the biggest point of losing Inebriatti. Its the fact of losing the youth supporters which isnt good for any team sport to get rid of. The new generation of fans is what makes teams live forever. The old RPB and U Sector group in 10 years wont be able to even sing for the first 45 minutes. You already see it now the way RPB fell off years ago what makes you think theyll get better. Without the kids theres nothing and this is coming from a young supporter. Unite the south again and make Inebriatti supporters feel welcomed again. The montreal game was hurting to hear when the away fans seemed louder. My eyes Inebriatti is missed even by the team playeds

Oldtimer
08-27-2018, 12:36 PM
The problem with this "unite the south end" sentiment is that the Inebriatti didn't want to unite with anyone. They were the biggest obstacle. Their way or the highway.

Young people need a * positive * group to be a part of. Either one of the older groups or a new one.

Anyway RPB is anything but exclusive. Anyone willing to support, and also importantly follow our Charter (which is why the RPB hasn't had the same issues) can join us.

OgtheDim
08-27-2018, 12:40 PM
.... The montreal game was hurting to hear when the away fans seemed louder. ...

Can we please kill this myth?

Talk about youth - fine.

Talk about energy - cool.

But talk that the Impact outsang the south is bunkum, as shown by numerous people in this thread.

JT Red127
08-27-2018, 12:56 PM
Unite the south again and make Inebriatti supporters feel welcomed again.

Nobody should argue this...but its difficult to unite with a "group" who doesn't want to unite with anyone. What you speak of, the void will be filled. Give it time, new groups will be created, they'll be loud & passionate. Anyway, none of this matters now but everyone is so extreme in their views on it all.

This BS about Mtl fans being louder...lol Its a self serving myth. A loud and passionate supporters group has been removed from the stadium, that sucks but its not surprising. Too much ridiculous shite caused from members of the group, like it or not BMO, TFC, MLS, etc. do have rules. But show a little more respect for the thousand of supporters who remain, they were bouncing and loud on Saturday just as they were pre-2012 and the last few matches.

redcard
08-27-2018, 01:16 PM
One thing for sure, we need another group in the middle to coordinate the south end.

any thoughts about RPB moving into 114...plenty of seats to get everyone from 112 concentrated together, and its more central and more opportunity for growth.

plus any new group that may sprout up should begin in a smaller section.

DinamoTFC
08-28-2018, 10:19 AM

Definitely. 115 is crickets. When regular members are there chants survive. But too many tourists not getting involved.

DinamoTFC
08-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Any songs that actually were good will stay.

People seemed to like TO olé/ allez. Good tune.

This is a really good tune and catchy beat. Hope we continue to use this one.

DinamoTFC
08-28-2018, 10:31 AM
any thoughts about RPB moving into 114...plenty of seats to get everyone from 112 concentrated together, and its more central and more opportunity for growth.

plus any new group that may sprout up should begin in a smaller section.

This would be great idea. Need to get RPB and other groups as close to the middle/net as possible. Always kinda baffled me how no group took control of 115 directly behind the net.

Joe Kool
08-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Glad someone brought up the biggest point of losing Inebriatti. Its the fact of losing the youth supporters which isnt good for any team sport to get rid of. The new generation of fans is what makes teams live forever. The old RPB and U Sector group in 10 years wont be able to even sing for the first 45 minutes. You already see it now the way RPB fell off years ago what makes you think theyll get better. Without the kids theres nothing and this is coming from a young supporter. Unite the south again and make Inebriatti supporters feel welcomed again. The montreal game was hurting to hear when the away fans seemed louder. My eyes Inebriatti is missed even by the team playeds

If the group causes turmoil, doesn't want to follow the rules and causes safety concerns they are a problem that needs to be dealt with....young or old. You actually think TFC should have tolerated all these safety concerns and embarrassment because they are concerned about losing a handful of young supporters in this group? Give me a break. You are admitting you are young supporter so I am not surprised you think you should be coddled instead of disciplined. Typical entitled millennial attitude. There are lots of kids/youth around still in the stadium. Just need to keep the troubled ones out that show no respect and are a danger to those around them. My kids come to every game and I can see them being the next wave of RPB one day. I am not concerned about this group or the state of the south end. Energetic supporters with respect for others are always welcome in the south end. That group was missing the respect part. Everyone wants a united south end but that group didn't. If any of their members want to rethink their approach and learn from their mistakes I am sure people will welcome them back to the south end no problem. Last game I was not able to hear the Montreal supporters at all over the noise from the south end. Seems like others felt the same. The players hear the noise and see the flags but they really don't know anything about the situation to have an informed decision. If they knew the issues more in depth they would agree with the position of the TFC FO. Don't be naive on that. Not sure how your eyes tell you how the players feel about this situation anyway.

denime
08-28-2018, 12:33 PM
This would be great idea. Need to get RPB and other groups as close to the middle/net as possible. Always kinda baffled me how no group took control of 115 directly behind the net.

I'm right there from day one,we used to have better crowd at the bottom of that section,not anymore.New faces every game,if I bring some friends with me we try to follow chants and songs,but we have one more problem that many ppl don't realize,Kings in 116.
They can't chant in sink with the rest of south if their lives were depending on it,within first 15 second they are already 5 seconds to fast,and now try to get something going when on your right side you hear 112-114 and left from you 116 going to fast.I think what would be the best for south is kings moving to 114,they are good but far away and maybe if they are closer to 111-113 they would get in sink easier.

CanadaLFC
08-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Been reading this thread for a while now and I am going to try to take an unbiased approach. I have great respect for all of the supporters groups.

1) RPB, U-sector, Kings did really bring it on Saturday and were loud
2) There IS a noticeable difference without Inebriatti there. Say what you will, but they are bar none the loudest group at BMO. Anyone who denies this is speaking solely from a hate against Inebs.
3) Since inception of TFC, every group has been doing their own thing. The problems of syncing in the southend predate Inebriatti.
4) Youth and energy are things that definitely play a part in why Inebriatti were so good, not to say that other groups don't have younger members, but the average age of Inebriatti is early twenties-to-mid twenties I would guess
5) The way people from both sides have been behaving on social media make us look really amateur. We just won against our rivals. There are members of RPB, who are frankly embarrassing on twitter.
6) A lot of people utilize the southend as way to have the cheap seats. The south is a designated supporters section. It says on the signs that view may be obstructed and Inebriatti is within their right to keep waving those flags, unless there comes a league-wide rule that tells them not to. They have been waving those flags for the last two years at least. I for one agree with the all-hand-on-deck approach of supporting in 114. I don't like being told how to support and would afford that courtesy to others as well, but I also have the courtesy to respect the rules of SG-controlled sections. If RPB, U-sector support in a certain way I would respect that.
7) Creating an unsafe environment in any stadium, home or away, is not okay. Hopefully, the right people will be punished for Ottawa and other incidents.
8) Banning upwards of 150 people in 114 is not cool and very heavy-handed. I almost lost my tickets, though I am not technically a member of any supporters group.

Once again, no one should have to feel unsafe at a football match and the right people should be punished, but to simply state that the atmosphere doesn't suffer after banning a whole group of people is simply wrong. Kudos to the other SGs for bringing it on Sat, but I do miss Inebriatti. Hopefully, we can find a way forward where we support the team without all the extra shenanigans.

Redpunkfiddle
08-28-2018, 03:24 PM
Been reading this thread for a while now and I am going to try to take an unbiased approach. I have great respect for all of the supporters groups.

2) There IS a noticeable difference without Inebriatti there. Say what you will, but they are bar none the loudest group at BMO. Anyone who denies this is speaking solely from a hate against Inebs.
3) Since inception of TFC, every group has been doing their own thing. The problems of syncing in the southend predate Inebriatti.
4) Youth and energy are things that definitely play a part in why Inebriatti were so good, not to say that other groups don't have younger members, but the average age of Inebriatti is early twenties-to-mid twenties I would guess
5) The way people from both sides have been behaving on social media make us look really amateur. We just won against our rivals. There are members of RPB, who are frankly embarrassing on twitter.
6) A lot of people utilize the southend as way to have the cheap seats. The south is a designated supporters section. It says on the signs that view may be obstructed and Inebriatti is within their right to keep waving those flags, unless there comes a league-wide rule that tells them not to. They have been waving those flags for the last two years at least. I for one agree with the all-hand-on-deck approach of supporting in 114. I don't like being told how to support and would afford that courtesy to others as well, but I also have the courtesy to respect the rules of SG-controlled sections. If RPB, U-sector support in a certain way I would respect that.
7) Creating an unsafe environment in any stadium, home or away, is not okay. Hopefully, the right people will be punished for Ottawa and other incidents.
8) Banning upwards of 150 people in 114 is not cool and very heavy-handed. I almost lost my tickets, though I am not technically a member of any supporters group.

Once again, no one should have to feel unsafe at a football match and the right people should be punished, but to simply state that the atmosphere doesn't suffer after banning a whole group of people is simply wrong. Kudos to the other SGs for bringing it on Sat, but I do miss Inebriatti. Hopefully, we can find a way forward where we support the team without all the extra shenanigans.

How did you almost loose your tickets?

CanadaLFC
08-28-2018, 04:34 PM
How did you almost loose your tickets?

A very long story, but it was a mistake on the FO's part.

Smokecell
08-28-2018, 06:20 PM
You are admitting you are young supporter so I am not surprised you think you should be coddled instead of disciplined. Typical entitled millennial attitude.

This has got to be one of the more divisive and idiotic replies on this board in recent times. No matter age, gender, race, orientation, beliefs etc and so forth should a supporter be put down for being a supporter. Not to mention that nowhere in the OPs post did he say anything about being young him/herself. The rash assumptions and generalizations are a bad look in a thread full of people complaining that another group had a divide over unite attitude.

Very well put CanadaLFC, this is a great post - I was going to add to my earlier posts your point I've bolded above, albeit I was going to describe it as glorified nana-booboo-ing. This also comes to show that you can't generalize a group based on the actions of a few. I don't think any RPB would appreciate being generalized as childish morons thanks to the actions of a select few peers. It's a slippery slope.

lobo
08-28-2018, 08:53 PM
This has got to be one of the more divisive and idiotic replies on this board in recent times. No matter age, gender, race, orientation, beliefs etc and so forth should a supporter be put down for being a supporter. Not to mention that nowhere in the OPs post did he say anything about being young him/herself. The rash assumptions and generalizations are a bad look in a thread full of people complaining that another group had a divide over unite attitude.

You would have been much more persuasive if you left out your first sentence. Calling someone out by saying they are divisive and idiotic is also a bad look.

Joe Kool
08-28-2018, 11:22 PM

In the post that I was quoting he made a statement and says following that "this is coming from a young supporter" thus admitting he was young. I didn't come up with that out of thin air. Did you happen to miss that or just doing some selective reading? I am not picking on young supporters at all. I would never paint an entire group with the same brush and I don't with this group either. You are trying to make me sound like I am discriminating which I am clearly not. The post said that TFC needs to worry about turning away the youth with this action. I was just pointing out that they only need to worry about turning away people, young or old without discrimination, who break the rules or laws. It is always best to read carefully before you post so you don't sound like the name you called me.

Oldtimer
08-29-2018, 09:08 AM
[mod comment] Everyone, please be polite in this thread. We can discuss what's happened, the reasons for it, the effects of it, and how we can move forward.

Thank-you for your cooperation. [/mod comment]

paul-collins
08-29-2018, 09:51 AM
You know what turns away fans, both young and old? Sucking.

I buy my tickets to watch the players.

JT Red127
08-29-2018, 10:36 AM
Sorry not related at all to this thread but every time I read someone say something along the lines of "Typical entitled millennial attitude." it makes me laugh. Has there ever been a more entitled and have it so easy generation than baby boomers? LOL

ok back to topic.

pekduck
08-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Sorry not related at all to this thread but every time I read someone say something along the lines of "Typical entitled millennial attitude." it makes me laugh. Has there ever been a more entitled and have it so easy generation than baby boomers? LOL

ok back to topic.

So... entitled baby boomers produced entitled Millennials... you are saying? lol

k.. back to topic.

DIEHARDTFC
08-29-2018, 11:00 AM
CanadaLFC hit most of those points bang on - particularly point 2. I think there are many of us who appreciate what Ineebs brought atmosphere wise to BMO and even on the road. While we cannot ignore the bad in things they did, there is no denying they were the loudest group at BMO with engaging chants and there is now a major void for RPB/USec/Kings to fill in the south for the rest of this season, potential play into the late fall and next season.

Red4ever
08-29-2018, 11:34 AM
114 was the loudest, sure.

But they were at capacity. They weren't adding too many fans to their section and with their song selection and attitude, they weren't making friends with the fans already there. Maybe 10 a year. 150 max? People either wanted to stare at them because they were on a roll, or felt alienated by their antics.

People stopped singing. 114 non ineebs stopped signing, 113 and 112 even stopped signing. Ineebs wouldn't sing anything we knew. They wanted to get rid of Dicho, oh when the reds / anything "british". They brought a few good new songs in (something we never do) but any concessions were made reluctantly. They made a lot of us not bother.

But this is the big thing. That limited appeal and style was enough to win the battle to be loudest in the south, but would never have been enough to win the stadium.

So now, with the potential to bring 110 to 116 together, those numbers have a shot at being louder.

Noticeable drop off sure. Forever? Nah.

Oldtimer
08-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Although I'm in 114, with the occasional exception I usually followed the RPB capo even though he was way over.

A lot of people around me just stopped singing period. Guess what? They have started singing again.

CanadaLFC
08-29-2018, 12:30 PM
114 was the loudest, sure.

But they were at capacity. They weren't adding too many fans to their section and with their song selection and attitude, they weren't making friends with the fans already there. Maybe 10 a year. 150 max? People either wanted to stare at them because they were on a roll, or felt alienated by their antics.

People stopped singing. 114 non ineebs stopped signing, 113 and 112 even stopped signing. Ineebs wouldn't sing anything we knew. They wanted to get rid of Dicho, oh when the reds / anything "british". They brought a few good new songs in (something we never do) but any concessions were made reluctantly. They made a lot of us not bother.

But this is the big thing. That limited appeal and style was enough to win the battle to be loudest in the south, but would never have been enough to win the stadium.

So now, with the potential to bring 110 to 116 together, those numbers have a shot at being louder.

Noticeable drop off sure. Forever? Nah.

There are some good points made by them and the other SGs for keeping/removing of some songs. The key is to find a way to work together...give and take. So while one group feels that Dichio chant should not be done anymore, they should still participate and hope others participate when their chants are being sung.

Apart from Inebriatti sections, I have not heard a new chant at BMO probably in the last 6 years or so. Why do we not have a single song dedicated to the MLS Cup win, to the treble? Yet we keep on chanting Dichio. Is the first goal in club history more important than the first championship?

dmacd
08-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Haven't posted in awhile but I really don't understand all the supportive posts for the atmosphere that Innebriatti brought. Members of this group:

1) Attacked a family with an autistic child and put a man that defended the child in the hospital.
2) Set their own flag and the field on fire in Ottawa
3) Tore up seats in other venues
4) Started countless fights
5) Made threats - racist, sexist and otherwise - to many fellow supporters at BMO
6) Had a mob-like mentality in protecting those who did all of this

It's pretty simple to me, and has nothing to do with millennial entitlement or whether you're okay with flags blocking sightlines. Either you support violence and intimidation, or you support the group's ban (even if lamenting that BMO may be a little quieter without them). And for those saying that it was unfair to make everyone in the group take a pricey course to get their tickets back, tell me that there was a single group member that didn't know what their fellow members had done, and that their leaders were protecting them. If you were a member of that group, you at very least implicitly supported these actions, now you're paying the price.

My hat goes off to those in the south that filled the void at last week's game - I was in section 220 and you sounded great from there.

Red4ever
08-29-2018, 01:18 PM
There are some good points made by them and the other SGs for keeping/removing of some songs. The key is to find a way to work together...give and take. So while one group feels that Dichio chant should not be done anymore, they should still participate and hope others participate when their chants are being sung.

Apart from Inebriatti sections, I have not heard a new chant at BMO probably in the last 6 years or so. Why do we not have a single song dedicated to the MLS Cup win, to the treble? Yet we keep on chanting Dichio. Is the first goal in club history more important than the first championship?

Of course not, but that speaks to the fact that no one has come up with a good one. Plus this year there hasn't been much to sing about.

Though I will say, the Jozy Altidore song and beat the impact are both great, and they never get traction in 114. Which is really my point: things don't work in silos. And with the southend, there were a lot of silos.

Soccer Mum
08-29-2018, 02:01 PM
It's time to heal the divide.

samuraizero
08-29-2018, 02:41 PM
You are admitting you are young supporter so I am not surprised you think you should be coddled instead of disciplined. Typical entitled millennial attitude.

That's ageist! /s

samuraizero
08-29-2018, 02:43 PM
Do we think there was some intimidation factor in other sections not making as much noise while inebriatti was around?
I'm sure we'll see a difference with other groups stepping up the decibels.

OgtheDim
08-29-2018, 02:53 PM
It's time to heal the divide.

There are no two sides here.

The rest of us are moving on.

tfcfans
08-29-2018, 03:03 PM
I resubmit the Altidore song (to be sung like the Dichio song at the appropriate second half interval) from the Altidore thread that I tried to get going back in December in the post-championship haze of glory.......every few months I keep trying to push that rock up the hill.....and like Sisyphus it keeps rolling over top of me....ha ha ha......

DinamoTFC
08-29-2018, 03:29 PM
I'm right there from day one,we used to have better crowd at the bottom of that section,not anymore.New faces every game,if I bring some friends with me we try to follow chants and songs,but we have one more problem that many ppl don't realize,Kings in 116.
They can't chant in sink with the rest of south if their lives were depending on it,within first 15 second they are already 5 seconds to fast,and now try to get something going when on your right side you hear 112-114 and left from you 116 going to fast.I think what would be the best for south is kings moving to 114,they are good but far away and maybe if they are closer to 111-113 they would get in sink easier.

I definitely notice the sync issues from west and east sides of the southend from where I sit too, I'm surprised it hasn't improved.
The issue I find is if Kings were to move in 114 then the west side of the south end would turn silent. Kings are doing a decent job getting people around them to join in.

I resubmit the Altidore song (to be sung like the Dichio song at the appropriate second half interval) from the Altidore thread that I tried to get going back in December in the post-championship haze of glory.......every few months I keep trying to push that rock up the hill.....and like Sisyphus it keeps rolling over top of me....ha ha ha......

I still sing old songs when they're sung because I want the southend engaged. But if I have to be honest I'm bored of some old songs like Dichio and would invite some new fresh ones. Also it would be good to keep alive some of the good catchy songs Ineebs created like t.o ale t.o ale ole ole ole ale, toronto we love you so, shalalala oh toronto, regardless of one's opinion about them. I also enjoy the simple Seba Seba, Jozy Jozy chant in tune of Kolo Kolo, Yaya Yaya, havent heard it in a while.

motorheadfc
08-29-2018, 04:57 PM
never a dull moment with the inebriati. seems to me the team should have acted a bit sooner and with a lot more accuracy. some culpability among themselves would have saved them but..how are you able to bring explosive devices into a sports arena in this day and age? if i was an ottawa fury/pointy ball supporter i would be asking some very strong questions about the security of that stadium. that last 'boom' you hear is not a road flare. if that security team isnt stripped of its license i would be shocked. that probably has a lot to do with the full ban. that was risky and dangerous and nobody supports that.
im not entirely shocked to hear of them getting banned but all of them?? i did enjoy the noise and racaus they brought. we need less 'clap clap clap'. without them there we now have a lot tourists and the void between drums in the east vs west is far more noticable. the drumming has always been an issue. as long as the drums are further away from each other the greater the delay and thus the off beat drumming. centralizing the drums is the only fix. everyone chants to the beat of the nearest drums which leads the chanting off course as well.
there is a good chant in the middle of 115 sometimes - 'all at different times' but you have to yell it out of time with anyone else yelling it. its actually not that easy to do.

JDMD
08-30-2018, 03:43 PM
My argument is that someone in the supporter's section contributing to to the atmosphere is more of a supporter than someone that isn't. If you're not contributing to the atmosphere you're taking away from it.

I may be misinterpreting your comment (and I apologize if that is the case), but as someone who doesn't sit in the supporter's section, I personally do not feel like I am less of a supporter than all of you who are in the south end. The family members I share my seats with are physically unable to stand the entire match, and so we have a block of seats in the East stands, but we are still all at virtually every game and have been since the beginning. In addition, I also travel to away games around the continent whenever possible (this year alone I have been to matches in Columbus, Chicago, Portland, and NY, and have upcoming trips booked to NY, DC, and Montreal). Singing and dancing (in a peaceful and respectful way) definitely does add to the atmosphere in the stadium, and I thank everyone of you who contribute to that, but I do not agree that "not contributing to the atmosphere" by sitting in a seat and watching the action on the field makes anyone less of a supporter.

Red4ever
08-30-2018, 04:05 PM
I may be misinterpreting your comment (and I apologize if that is the case), but as someone who doesn't sit in the supporter's section, I personally do not feel like I am less of a supporter than all of you who are in the south end. The family members I share my seats with are physically unable to stand the entire match, and so we have a block of seats in the East stands, but we are still all at virtually every game and have been since the beginning. In addition, I also travel to away games around the continent whenever possible (this year alone I have been to matches in Columbus, Chicago, Portland, and NY, and have upcoming trips booked to NY, DC, and Montreal). Singing and dancing (in a peaceful and respectful way) definitely does add to the atmosphere in the stadium, and I thank everyone of you who contribute to that, but I do not agree that "not contributing to the atmosphere" by sitting in a seat and watching the action on the field makes anyone less of a supporter.

Not for lack of trying but...

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

To me this post is vital. The goal has to be that every supporter, no matter where they sit /stand , feels like they are vital to the game day experience. Posters like this, coming together en mass, will be the ones to make this stadium intimidating more than any RPB, U sector, Ineebs or Kings ever could.

Smokecell
08-30-2018, 04:15 PM

I think you've misinterpreted - OP was referring specifically to the designated supporters sections where it's pretty inarguable that if you belong to these sections and do nothing to contribute to the atmosphere that you're taking away from it. I think it speaks more to placing people who fit into this category into sections like 120 or something in turn opening that spot in 11X for someone looking to sing and chant all game. Not saying anyone is less of a supporter - just grouping the likeminded individuals (literally THE point of having designated SS to begin with).

Red4ever
08-30-2018, 05:09 PM
I think you've misinterpreted - OP was referring specifically to the designated supporters sections where it's pretty inarguable that if you belong to these sections and do nothing to contribute to the atmosphere that you're taking away from it. I think it speaks more to placing people who fit into this category into sections like 120 or something in turn opening that spot in 11X for someone looking to sing and chant all game. Not saying anyone is less of a supporter - just grouping the likeminded individuals (literally THE point of having designated SS to begin with).

Right, but were arent like minded. That's the problem.

There is an argument that many supporters of all groups are active but aren't contributing in the most efficient way.

Tribal has been drumming forever, many people would call that pointless.

If we all do our own thing (or 5 separate things) are we really contributing?

spanko
09-02-2018, 11:53 AM
The supporting section is nothing short of embarrassing. I was there last night, along with every game. Tonight I payed attention specifically to RPB, U-Sector and Kings. Passion. Where is it? This doesn't exist in the south anymore, that's what all of you make it feel like. It's just a hot mess, I heard the same 2 songs chanted back to back, before it died out within 15 seconds. You guys want to sit here and talk about uniting but yet the capos can't seem to unite a single chant for the life of them. Not to mention sitting down, spending more time dancing and drinking beer rather than directing the crowd. Although I do not agree with a lot of the actions demonstrated by Inebriatti, they did have one thing. Passion.

I hope the context of this doesn't come off the wrong way, this is just insight, and also my useless opinion. For such organized supporting groups, there's not a lot being brought to the table. I think the south needs an intense overhaul. It's more than just waving a flag and wearing a jersey.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the team needs you.

Red4ever
09-02-2018, 03:25 PM
The supporting section is nothing short of embarrassing. I was there last night, along with every game. Tonight I payed attention specifically to RPB, U-Sector and Kings. Passion. Where is it? This doesn't exist in the south anymore, that's what all of you make it feel like. It's just a hot mess, I heard the same 2 songs chanted back to back, before it died out within 15 seconds. You guys want to sit here and talk about uniting but yet the capos can't seem to unite a single chant for the life of them. Not to mention sitting down, spending more time dancing and drinking beer rather than directing the crowd. Although I do not agree with a lot of the actions demonstrated by Inebriatti, they did have one thing. Passion.

I hope the context of this doesn't come off the wrong way, this is just insight, and also my useless opinion. For such organized supporting groups, there's not a lot being brought to the table. I think the south needs an intense overhaul. It's more than just waving a flag and wearing a jersey.

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the team needs you.

Oh yeah, this post will go over well.

paul-collins
09-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Oh yeah, this post will go over well.
12 posts in a year

FootBallAZ
09-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Ok my first comment on the group.
Being a STH for the past couple of seasons, I took the atmosphere for granted. The playoff run the last two seasons, and the champions league run was great fun with the chants.
I took both my parents to a game this year, one was without them and one with, the experience is noticeable.

I managed to get $30 tickets to section 114 for the Canadian championship.
- a lot of fair weather fans, a lot of parents and young kids, and a huge gap between both leaders.

We stood beside 4 guys from inebriatti, this one was pretty loud, he did sing over the dichio chant which I didn't appreciate. He also threw his beer up when the first goal happened ( not 17s trick). Beer landed on these non supporter fans, one was a lady who was dressed way to nice to be in the supporters,beer also hit this guy in front of them- some cross fit dude. Turned around to the dude who threw the beer and said, " you're gonna get your ass kicked"

A person like that is not needed, but his friend was cool.

My point- after giving it time, huge differences in the atmosphere.
The Viking clap has been uber terrible lately. I get going early than the 70th that it has been for the past two years. I seen girls drum during the chant , barely striking the drum1 with force. The pace has been stupid as well, either same amount of time between claps, or way too fast.

Last night, I thought the first 15ms the south was rocking, i sit 207 row 12 almost dead center, and was obviously chanting, most picked up the claps which was great.

After 15m, the supporters fizzled out hard, very noticeable.
Even after the first goal they went quiet, where as the innebriatti would get louder after a goal conceded.

Tried to be as objective as possible.

Also will say the innebriatti, did give me a memorable moment in the finals, as well as dancing on the street after the cup win and even chanting and singing outside the tunnel to liberty.

I only hope somehow we can create a new group and have guidelines to keep them in check.

Red CB Toronto
09-02-2018, 06:00 PM
I still think the the second leg vs Montreal was The Moment, it was unbelievable with the rain coming down, the electricity in the south end and those beautiful goals, oh what an evening. It showed the passion.

FootBallAZ
09-02-2018, 06:13 PM
I still think the the second leg vs Montreal was The Moment, it was unbelievable with the rain coming down, the electricity in the south end and those beautiful goals, oh what an evening. It showed the passion.

I broke my phone that game, that game I had an outter body experience. Like I felt my self float out of my body and just feeling it up from the sky, can't really explain.

Had my phone in back pocket, shittier seats, but everyone who paid was there, so made good friends and memories unlike, my 207 scalper ridden seats, with no one around.

When tfc scored the tying or go ahead goal I think after that weak goal we gave up, I jumped so high phone fell out and landed on the corner of the screen, cut my hand picking it up, didn't even phase me.

I would also say, the champions league run was fun, I know most say not even playing field spending wise. I believe this is what makes even more better, we played up to good talented teams, but that Morgan header I think close to the 90th minute I lost my shit.

currystain37
09-02-2018, 07:02 PM
12 posts in a year

Does the amount of posts that someone has made in a year suddenly invalidate their opinion? I am not a member of any supporter's group, but I like to keep tabs on the different supporter's group forums/facebook pages in case there is any additional information related to marches/away trips that I would want to be a part of.

The number of RPB members I see on this thread dismissing any kind of criticism regarding the supporter's section during the past few games really angers me. How do you ever plan on uniting the south end when you dismiss any criticism/feedback that is received from SSH in the same stand that you are trying to unite?

I know that I am going off on many tangents here, but as a younger fan I am really worried about the support in the future years. I took this picture of the supporter's section yesterday at the beginning of injury time in the second half that shows it being max half full at the time. Hopefully the supporter's groups can match the intensity and passion that Inebriatti brought each game because if they don't BMO may become as intimidating as Chicago is now (https://twitter.com/TheNutmegNews/status/1032781013422755840).

https://imgur.com/wMxszhh
https://i.imgur.com/wMxszhh.jpg

Red4ever
09-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Does the amount of posts that someone has made in a year suddenly invalidate their opinion? I am not a member of any supporter's group, but I like to keep tabs on the different supporter's group forums/facebook pages in case there is any additional information related to marches/away trips that I would want to be a part of.

The number of RPB members I see on this thread dismissing any kind of criticism regarding the supporter's section during the past few games really angers me. How do you ever plan on uniting the south end when you dismiss any criticism/feedback that is received from SSH in the same stand that you are trying to unite?

I know that I am going off on many tangents here, but as a younger fan I am really worried about the support in the future years. I took this picture of the supporter's section yesterday at the beginning of injury time in the second half that shows it being max half full at the time. Hopefully the supporter's groups can match the intensity and passion that Inebriatti brought each game because if they don't BMO may become as intimidating as Chicago is now (https://twitter.com/TheNutmegNews/status/1032781013422755840).

https://imgur.com/wMxszhh
https://i.imgur.com/wMxszhh.jpg

Yeah. I think so. When you (not you, the original poster) dont have a proper understanding of the group dynamic (as evidenced by that post) and launch those type of generalizations and criticisms, it's hard to take seriously. Even more so when no one knows you on here.

To your points, thanks for caring. We all care too. I dont think you have a fulsome understanding about how impossible uniting was. Swing by Joe's anytime, or 112, and chat with us. We have our shortcomings, but trust me when I tell you , it wasn't for lack of trying by a lot of people in many groups, inebriatti members included.

Lastly, if you are worried about support, please join a group or start one. I can tell you for sure, if every group was as loud as the people making noise in the south end (even if it sounds dead to some), the stadium would be bonkers. Sadly, many people (not saying you) feel the noise should be left to the supporters. That type of attitude has to change. In other cities, everyone participates.

Also, in fairness, you took a picture in injury time after our season was essentially over. I never leave early but would not blame those who did when we needed 3 goals in 5 minutes to have a shot at the playoffs.

Oldtimer
09-03-2018, 05:55 AM
Ok my first comment on the group.
Being a STH for the past couple of seasons, I took the atmosphere for granted. The playoff run the last two seasons, and the champions league run was great fun with the chants.
I took both my parents to a game this year, one was without them and one with, the experience is noticeable.

I managed to get $30 tickets to section 114 for the Canadian championship.
- a lot of fair weather fans, a lot of parents and young kids, and a huge gap between both leaders.

We stood beside 4 guys from inebriatti, this one was pretty loud, he did sing over the dichio chant which I didn't appreciate. He also threw his beer up when the first goal happened ( not 17s trick). Beer landed on these non supporter fans, one was a lady who was dressed way to nice to be in the supporters,beer also hit this guy in front of them- some cross fit dude. Turned around to the dude who threw the beer and said, " you're gonna get your ass kicked"

A person like that is not needed, but his friend was cool.

My point- after giving it time, huge differences in the atmosphere.
The Viking clap has been uber terrible lately. I get going early than the 70th that it has been for the past two years. I seen girls drum during the chant , barely striking the drum1 with force. The pace has been stupid as well, either same amount of time between claps, or way too fast.

Last night, I thought the first 15ms the south was rocking, i sit 207 row 12 almost dead center, and was obviously chanting, most picked up the claps which was great.

After 15m, the supporters fizzled out hard, very noticeable.
Even after the first goal they went quiet, where as the innebriatti would get louder after a goal conceded.

Tried to be as objective as possible.

Also will say the innebriatti, did give me a memorable moment in the finals, as well as dancing on the street after the cup win and even chanting and singing outside the tunnel to liberty.

I only hope somehow we can create a new group and have guidelines to keep them in check.

To be fair, the Canadian Championship is not representative of a typical game, particularly if you went to the game against Ottawa.

gmacpheetfc
09-03-2018, 08:27 AM
I once went to a Birmingham City game it was the league cup semi final vs west ham - entire stadium bumping. I once went to a Birmingham City fa Cup 3rd round game vs Sheffield. It was awful.

FootBallAZ
09-03-2018, 01:58 PM

To be fair, the Canadian Championship is not representative of a typical game, particularly if you went to the game against Ottawa.
that was the point I was trying to make.

paul-collins
09-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Yeah, it does. They've been lurking and not participating. Their only input into this thread is to shit on the group that is hosting it. I'd say it's bad faith. (I'm not a member either, I just like to participate in the discussions.)

Tunnelred
09-03-2018, 05:11 PM
I’m getting a bit bored of everyone online complaining about a lack of atmosphere. If everyone who’s complaining actually came and got involved, it would be louder. The south end isn’t there for for the entertainment of everyone in the crowd. It’s there to help give the players something to play for. I may be speaking for myself here, but no one cares if someone in the east/west side isn’t enjoying the games as much due to “lack of atmosphere”. If people want a better atmosphere stop complaining behind a keyboard and be the change you crave for. That’s all there is to it. Nothing will change unless more people get involved. And if you have no interest in getting involved, then you don’t really have a right to complain. It’s that simple.

Just to to make it clear, this isn’t directed at anyone in this thread. I’m just fed up of people moaning on twitter mainly.

Thats all. Sorry. Had to put my thoughts in to words somewhere!

flambe
09-03-2018, 05:46 PM
I’m getting a bit bored of everyone online complaining about a lack of atmosphere. If everyone who’s complaining actually came and got involved, it would be louder.

This is one of the few posts in thread that actually makes any sense. Thanks. 👍🏼

Wagner
09-04-2018, 07:33 AM
This thread has run its course.

We can reopen the thread if any relevant info comes to light.

There are numerous threads with regards to continuously improving the South End if you'd like to contribute your constructive feedback.

Thank you,

The Mod Team