PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC MLS Cup 2017 Champions Etched Red Blend Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot

Red CB Toronto
07-17-2018, 08:51 PM
This is currently available through the LCBO, commentating the Reds 2017 MLS Cup Championship. Would be a great keepsake if you are looking for something.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/toronto-fc-mls-cup-2017-champions-etched-red-blend/576231#.W06a_C0ZPBI
http://www.lcbo.com/content/dam/lcbo/products/576231.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Joe Kool
07-17-2018, 09:04 PM
I will wait for the etched wooden spoon from this season instead.

ensco
07-17-2018, 10:03 PM
^Great line. Very good.

$69.95 a bottle. For a no name California blend!

Do yourself a favour, buy the 2017 RPB Treble scarf for $15, and buy a good Bordeaux for around $40. You'll have a much better wine, an excellent scarf that is a much more useful souvenir than a bottle, and you'll still have $15 in your pocket.

Red CB Toronto
07-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Completely agree, surprised for this price they went with such a low end wine for this product, I figure this is about a $10-15 bottle max. Would a Niagara not made more sense? The brand, Manos other than this special TFC bottle has nothing else available through the LCBO, that should tell you a lot.

^Great line. Very good.

$69.95 a bottle. For a no name California blend!

Do yourself a favour, buy the 2017 RPB Treble scarf for $15, and buy a good Bordeaux for around $40. You'll have a much better wine, an excellent scarf that is a much more useful souvenir than a bottle, and you'll still have $15 in your pocket.

portu
07-18-2018, 12:24 AM
Completely agree, surprised for this price they went with such a low end wine for this product, I figure this is about a $10-15 bottle max. Would a Niagara not made more sense? The brand, Manos other than this special TFC bottle has nothing else available through the LCBO, that should tell you a lot.
To be fair there's a lot of great wine not available through the LCBO, but I agree with everything else you said

catz4ever
07-18-2018, 06:01 AM
I love the bottle but I really wish it was a Niagara wine or ice wine

Alonso
07-23-2018, 06:51 PM
I'd buy it just for the bottle, it looks amazing.

Richard
07-23-2018, 08:47 PM
Missed opportunity to team up with Bacardi.

magmadragon
07-23-2018, 09:18 PM
Ughhh that price. I can get a bottle of Bowmore for less.

SilverSamurai
07-23-2018, 09:49 PM
It's honestly marketing that mainly causes the price to be so high.
Without it, the wine might go for about $20.

While the Central Coast (where the grapes are from) are capable of making a decent big bold red, for the same price you can get a wine from Napa from an established producer such as Sequoia Grove, Stags' Leap (Stag's Leap is better though), Frog's Leap or even something from Sonoma or one of the many sub appellations.

Hell, make it a Canadian wine and get a BC wine (Okanagan wines are great) if you're going for a big bold red. $70 gets you pretty much into the luxury range of BC wines. Mission Hill, Burrowing Owl, Road 13, Nk'Mip just to name a few.

I go agree that they should've gone with a local wine Niagara or Prince Edwards County wine.

Anyways, could always get a bottle (or case) and pretend this season never happened...

And in case anyone is wondering, the wine is off-dry...

And look, there are even more to choose from! :rolleyes:
https://www.manoswine.com/mlstm-wine/mls-torontofc