PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 19 - TFC @ Orlando SC Saturday July 14 8pm - The Present Moment

OgtheDim
07-09-2018, 10:36 PM
For what more terrifying revelation can there be than that it is the present moment?

That we survive the shock at all is only possible

because the past shelters us on one side

and the future on another

Virginia Woolf

Have At It People

ensco
07-10-2018, 06:51 AM
Weather forecast for gametime Saturday is 32 degrees, 94% humidity, thunderstorms intermittently.

They may need snorkels.

pfk
07-10-2018, 09:25 AM
A win against Orlando and TFC are level at 19 points and tied for 8th (although TFC have fewer wins so technically below). It's the small victories at this point.

notthesun
07-10-2018, 04:40 PM
https://twitter.com/Chris_Mavinga/status/1016790506330836992

Mavinga tweet: "I'm fit to play"

BritSOL
07-10-2018, 04:48 PM
https://twitter.com/Chris_Mavinga/status/1016790506330836992

Mavinga tweet: "I'm fit to play"

I interpret that tweet as "I am offering my services to play in the WC final for France"

Gringo Starr
07-10-2018, 09:53 PM
I like that Mavinga is fuelled by pizza pizza.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-11-2018, 04:26 AM
I interpret that tweet as "I am offering my services to play in the WC final for France"
haha... good one!

PizzaEatingYeti
07-11-2018, 04:27 AM
A win against Orlando and TFC are level at 19 points and tied for 8th (although TFC have fewer wins so technically below). It's the small victories at this point.

I feel that will be extremely difficult to beat Orlando.
... Expecting just a sorry ass little point. :hide:

pfk
07-11-2018, 10:44 AM
I feel that will be extremely difficult to beat Orlando.
... Expecting just a sorry ass little point. :hide:

Orlando have lost 9 in a row. Fingers crossed for more than one point. :)

jloome
07-11-2018, 07:12 PM

They have a good squad and a talented young coach. I would be very surprised if this was an easy game. They suffered because once again Kreis tried to fit the players to his preferred system instead of working with what he had.

ensco
07-11-2018, 08:39 PM
They had us tied 1-1 in the 87th minute at BMO not long ago. They are generally good at home (though not lately).

Not obviously easy.

OgtheDim
07-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Orlando's defence is horrid & that isn't going to change with the coach. Our defence over the last few weeks is still probably better then theirs. Its going to come down to who can finish their chances & whether we fall behind early.

Derko
07-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Orlando's defence is horrid & that isn't going to change with the coach. Our defence over the last few weeks is still probably better then theirs. Its going to come down to who can finish their chances & whether we fall behind early.

This is the key, TFC have been asleep for the first quarter of an hour in virtually every match this year, Fucking wake up TFC. Everyone is wondering around like they have never been on a pitch before, and never played together, is it the same in training?

PizzaEatingYeti
07-12-2018, 08:29 AM

Exactly for this reason we have a lot slimmer chances to win.
I would much prefer if they would have lost just 2 in row!

Joe Kool
07-12-2018, 10:31 AM
I have no expectations while we have all the injuries and make shift lineups. No expectations = No disappointment/stress. Just looking forward to seeing a good game and hopefully we get something out of it. My higher expectations will return when our full lineup returns. Go Reds!!!

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 02:53 PM
Apparently Jozy travelled with the team today. If past experience holds true to form, this is him getting used to the travel regime again & he won't be in the 18.

BUT....if he's able to get in 30 minutes vs. Chicago next week, that's huge.

Areathrasher
07-14-2018, 03:01 PM
His fam lives in Florida so wouldnt read too much into it

red-o
07-14-2018, 06:11 PM
Apparently Jozy travelled with the team today.

He’s on the bench!

catz4ever
07-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Jozy is back on the bench!!!! 🕺🏻💃🏻🕺🏻

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 06:14 PM
3 forwards on the bench - 1 defender

Gringo Starr
07-14-2018, 06:29 PM
It's hard to believe that we sit below a team that has lost 9 in a row, hopefully their defence is still in shambles and we can score a few quick ones and boss a game like we used to

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Bendik benched. Johnson as the DM. Justin Meram (big time TAM purchase) not even in the 18 - coach's decision.

reggie
07-14-2018, 06:49 PM
i hv a bad feeling about tonight.new coach 9 losses in a row and the haggs/zava combo

FootBallAZ
07-14-2018, 07:00 PM
Morrow, altidore,mavinga.. Slowly but surely

James17930
07-14-2018, 07:11 PM
No Auro or vdW ... what's going on there?

James17930
07-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Oh dear Hagglund.

Bobo
07-14-2018, 07:37 PM
I swear Rauter gets more insufferable every year.

portu
07-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Watch this game if you think Seba hasn't regressed

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 07:40 PM
Hagglund jumping in and getting caught in no man's land....again.

JavierMartini
07-14-2018, 07:49 PM
lol ok

Gringo Starr
How is he there all by himself for the rebound

James17930
Neither team seemed like they were going to score, but we seemed more likely to get scored against.

And then ... that. Bad bounce? Should've held it?

I don't even know anymore.

jloome
07-14-2018, 07:50 PM
Hagglund jumping in and getting caught in no man's land....again.

We have no defence right now and not much heart, either. That's quite the stat: ten games in which the other team has scored first, and we have zero points in those games, and nine losses. That's just an absolute lack of heart.

I'm starting to lean into this being more than just the shit defence/injuries. Their morale is just in the crapper.

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 07:50 PM
How is he there all by himself for the rebound

Because Hagglund is ball watching.

JavierMartini
07-14-2018, 07:57 PM
haggalund ball watching again, that should have been a goal. Definitely not good enough to be a mls starter.

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 07:57 PM
The sooner we get the starting 2 CB's back, the better. Open header for two guys in the middle 8 feet in front of goal & both Zavs & Hagglund are in no man's land - lucky they missed.

JavierMartini
07-14-2018, 07:58 PM
We have no defence right now and not much heart, either. That's quite the stat: ten games in which the other team has scored first, and we have zero points in those games, and nine losses. That's just an absolute lack of heart.

I'm starting to lean into this being more than just the shit defence/injuries. Their morale is just in the crapper.

Vanney cannot motivate at all, have you heard his locker room voice?

Gringo Starr
07-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Please find a CB during the transfer window

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Hey, the defence is awful & the heat is playing with people's heads (that throw in by Hamilton right to an Orlando player while Osorio was tying his shoes was pure TFC circa 2012).

Hands up anybody who expected this team to not give away a goal?

They are crud & we are crud.

We are only down 1 goal.

But, hey, in massive humidity, down 1-0 where we had more chances - fire the coach - because its 2012 TFC?

Oldtimer
07-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Vanney cannot motivate at all, have you heard his locker room voice?

Yeah, we need to go back to changing coaches every year.

It has to be Vanney because #vanneyout. It couldn't possibly be injuries.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-14-2018, 08:17 PM
But, hey, in massive humidity, down 1-0 where we had more chances - fire the coach - because its 2012 TFC?

Please, don't even mention "humidity".
It's humidity for both teams.

It's like making again some fucking excuses... how many more times excuses, escuses, excuses, this year?
We are bad...

portu
07-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Wowowowowowowwoowwowowowwowwowwoowowowwowowoowowow owowowwoowwwOOOOOOOOOWOWOWWOOWOWOWWWWWWOOOOWWWWW WE'RE AMAZING

Leedsoronto
07-14-2018, 08:22 PM
We can’t get anything together here it’s so bad.

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 08:24 PM
So lets just let their striker receive the ball in front of the back 4 with a ton of space....Hagglund has regressed so much these last few months.

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 08:29 PM
That should have been a red on Chapman.

Leedsoronto
07-14-2018, 08:31 PM
WTF was that from Hamilton Duh !!

James17930
07-14-2018, 08:32 PM
That should have been a red on Chapman.

Yes ... very lucky there. Maybe because he started apologizing immediately.

General Woolfe
07-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Dearly me. Two gilt edged chances passed up. This becomes harder to watch with each passing week. You have to start to wonder how long Vanney can survive this shit show. The players look completely bereft of confidence and inspiration

Gringo Starr
07-14-2018, 08:36 PM
Their defence isn't any better than ours, if we can just get 1 I think more will follow

SenorDingDong
07-14-2018, 08:36 PM
I don't think firing Vanney is the answer but this season is cooked.

No playoffs, just start over next year.

wopchop
07-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Wow, Bradley sub ...

James17930
07-14-2018, 08:40 PM
Wow, Bradley sub ...

Injury, or message to the team?

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Injury, or message to the team?

Mid week game a bit more important now?

Oh....gawd...we are saving our captain for a midweek game away at a USL team.

General Woolfe
07-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Hey, the defence is awful & the heat is playing with people's heads (that throw in by Hamilton right to an Orlando player while Osorio was tying his shoes was pure TFC circa 2012).

Hands up anybody who expected this team to not give away a goal?

They are crud & we are crud.

We are only down 1 goal.

There has to come a point when you say enough is enough. Vanney is the one responsible for setting up the side and sending them out organized and with confidence. At the very least he needs to start taking some responsibility for this mess. Instead we get the same story in the post match every week ”players were caught cold” “elementary errors put us in the hole”. I’ve not once heard him say he got it wrong himself. It’s always down to other factors.

Im really starting to wonder if he has lost the confidence of the dressing room. The players seem unable or unwilling to lift their game. At the very least Vanney doesn’t seem able to inspire them anymore at worst he has lost his ability to organize the side.

Perhaps you’re right that firing him is a step too far, but he can’t survive many gutless inept performances like this. No manager can.

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 08:49 PM
There has to come a point when you say enough is enough. ....

In this league, that time isn't 1/2 a season.

The guys are trying out there but they look like they lack confidence in their ability to score - only Osorio & Seba look like they think they can score. The rest - well see that miss by Delgado.

shwade
07-14-2018, 08:49 PM
Hagglund
Zavaleta
Delgado
Hamilton
Tefler

That's 5 bench players - half the team - starting because of injuries. What do we expect? Bono has been lazy as hell since his contract extension.

I agree Vanney can't motivate but he's there for x's and o's...our Captain is there for the Titans style battle cries.

red-o
07-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Did anyone take the captains armband?

Richard
07-14-2018, 09:00 PM
The season is finished, unless we go on a Jays like streak from a few years ago its time to look forward to next season.

Sort the contract situations out with the DP's and look for new talent.

Gringo Starr
07-14-2018, 09:06 PM
I don't get the Bradley sub, would like to hear the reasoning on that one

Oldtimer
07-14-2018, 09:08 PM
Dearly me. Two gilt edged chances passed up. This becomes harder to watch with each passing week. You have to start to wonder how long Vanney can survive this shit show. The players look completely bereft of confidence and inspiration

Vanney will survive because it isn't on Vanney.

It is depressing though to see this scoreline. TFC has become again the team that turns other teams seasons around. Orlando looked like world beaters out there, not like a team that has lost 9 straight.

Jozy can't come back to actually playing fast enough.

portu
07-14-2018, 09:09 PM
If you still think we have any chance of playoffs please give me what your smoking.

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 09:10 PM
I think the current CB pairing we have are not as bad as some others we have had but the gulf between them and the rest of the league is the largest I've seen in all our years.

Mind you, Hagglund is a more effective attacker right now then Rickett's.

noimpactinmtl
07-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Hagglund
Zavaleta
Delgado
Hamilton
Tefler

That's 5 bench players - half the team - starting because of injuries. What do we expect? Bono has been lazy as hell since his contract extension.

I agree Vanney can't motivate but he's there for x's and o's...our Captain is there for the Titans style battle cries.

They're professionals, they're supposed to be motivated day in an day out. They're grown men, not manchildren.

Josh Kloeke of the Athletic did mention a few factors. Fatigue from overtraining, short off-season, and the gruelling schedule early on. Our academy products are nowhere near as good as we think they are. Telfer is a nice player, and the reason why Raheem is expendable. Liam Fraser is not. Hamilton has regressed and Spencer made Fellaini look dangerously quick and competent. While Bradley is a leader, he also have insanely high expectations and is hard to get along with. He's the bad cop that needs a good cop along side him as well, which is where Jozy comes in.

Maybe it was a mistake to re-sign Bono instead of selling him to Europe, but it says more about who Bono is rather than us.

The season is basically lost

SoccMan2
07-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Season is over all that’s left is a bunch of exhibition games for the rest of the season exciting stuff.

General Woolfe
07-14-2018, 09:18 PM
That really was our last chance tonight. A six-pointer if ever there was one, and with Montreal winning I’d say that’s our playoff hopes gone. It seems last season was a one off rather than the start of a dynasty it should be. What bothers me more than losing is the gutless, heartless way it has happened. At no point this season has this side looked to have the self belief necessary to be winnners. You can blame injuries, and to some extent you’d be right. However the number of early goals we’ve surrendered tells me the players are sent out both disorganized and lacking confidence, and I’m sorry but that’s down to the manager. Bez doesn’t skip blame either as both VDW and Aketxe has been a complete waste of cash. Even Auro is a pale shadow of Beta. For Vanney to say we don’t need new players just everyone fit tells me he’s lost touch with reality. We need a quality striker to challenge Séba and Jozy and act as replacement if either is injured. Hamilton and Ricketts just don’t cut it I’m aftraid. We also need a replacement for Moor as Hagglund and Zavaletta need an experienced head next to them and without one both make fundamental schoolboy errors

FootBallAZ
07-14-2018, 09:19 PM
There has to come a point when you say enough is enough. Vanney is the one responsible for setting up the side and sending them out organized and with confidence. At the very least he needs to start taking some responsibility for this mess. Instead we get the same story in the post match every week ”players were caught cold” “elementary errors put us in the hole”. I’ve not once heard him say he got it wrong himself. It’s always down to other factors.

Im really starting to wonder if he has lost the confidence of the dressing room. The players seem unable or unwilling to lift their game. At the very least Vanney doesn’t seem able to inspire them anymore at worst he has lost his ability to organize the side.

Perhaps you’re right that firing him is a step too far, but he can’t survive many gutless inept performances like this. No manager can.

I felt like this for 3 games now. Bradley been pushing. Yelled at telfer in his 2nd start and u could see telfer gesture to Bradley stay cool.

I think May be he has negatively impacted those who weren't around for the champions. Combine that with the humidity and the evilness that it to anyone out in that condition with the fact he couldn't score a gimmie goal.
Think guys like telfer, ager a. Maybe it caused a rift with Vasquez sticking up for.him.
A lot of odd shit going on.
No info on vdw, auro, VV.I hope not

portu
07-14-2018, 09:20 PM
That really was our last chance tonight. A six-pointer if ever there was one, and with Montreal winning I’d say that’s our playoff hopes gone. It seems last season was a one off rather than the start of a dynasty it should be. What bothers me more than losing is the gutless, heartless way it has happened. At no point this season has this side looked to have the self belief necessary to be winnners. You can blame injuries, and to some extent you’d be right. However the number of early goals we’ve surrendered tells me the players are sent out both disorganized and lacking confidence, and I’m sorry but that’s down to the manager. Bez doesn’t skip blame either as both VDW and Aketxe has been a complete waste of cash. Even Auro is a pale shadow of Beta. For Vanney to say we don’t need new players just everyone fit tells me he’s lost touch with reality. We need a quality striker to challenge Séba and Jozy and act as replacement if either is injured. Hamilton and Ricketts just don’t cut it I’m aftraid. We also need a replacement for Moor as Hagglund and Zavaletta need an experienced head next to them and without one both make fundamental schoolboy errors
I don't agree with a lot of this but the one thing you have to give Bez over Vanney is the ability to admit fault and say it's not good enough plain and simple.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-14-2018, 09:23 PM
<ironic mode on>

Very proud of the boys' performance tonight.

After reading declarations from players, staff, journos, that this match is in fact a 6 point game in the fight to catch a (maybe the final) playoff spot, the team came out exactly as I expected. Motivated, concentrated, leaving it out there all on the field, from the first minute to the last!
But we lost to an excellent Orlando team, just a little bit better tonight than us.

It's a nice feeling knowing that playing many more remaing games through this approach, we'll have zero problems being a solid playoff team by the end of the season.

<ironic mode off>

OgtheDim
07-14-2018, 09:24 PM
Funny thing about Delgado is people rag on him but he completed every single one of his passes (close to 60).

Does he find space in the attacking 3rd? No.

Can he score right now? No.

Does he make the decisive pass to spring a player? No.

But, without him, our attack falters because we don't move the ball around.

If we have our lock down tight defence of last season, we win that game. (The attack can't mentally cope with going down because they know they need more then 1 with that back line right now). This loss is all on the defence. Everything else...all the drama we think is going on...its all down to a couple of CB's who have seriously regressed & don't provide the support & information flow that most MLS teams CB's are giving their team.

portu
07-14-2018, 09:27 PM
<ironic mode on>

After reading declarations from players, staff, journos, that this match is in fact a 6 point game in the fight to catch a (maybe the final) playoff spot, the team came out exactly as I expected. Motivated, concentrated, leaving it out there all on the field, from the first minute to the last!
But we lost to an excellent Orlande team, just a little bit better tonight than us.

It's a nice feeling knowing that playing many more remaing games through this approach, we'll have zero problem being a solid playoff team by the end of the season

<ironic mode off>
This is too good

Amir.
07-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Giovinco was awful..lost the ball easily many times, shots almost all off and breakaway missed..Bono way off on positionning and reactions..Hamilton starting and Chapman, Fraser, Ricketts subbed on when down 2 shows how weak the squad is currently

gracos
07-14-2018, 09:37 PM
i dont know what to say at this time, just disappointing

reggie
07-14-2018, 09:45 PM
big 6 pointer next week v chi....wonder if any of our boys made of glass will be able to play.and haggs is our best striker so far this year. ottawa are licking their chops...

noimpactinmtl
07-14-2018, 09:49 PM
I don't agree with a lot of this but the one thing you have to give Bez over Vanney is the ability to admit fault and say it's not good enough plain and simple.

If he hasn't lost the locker room already, saying this in front of the press will lose it for sure. Bez can say it because he's the GM, he's not in the clubhouse day in and day out. Vanney couldn't, because as coach, the moment you yourself don't believe in the team, you have lost the team.

BakaGaijin
07-14-2018, 09:58 PM
We should have won the Champions League. Delgado missed an absolute sitter. Didn't even hit the target. That fucked with his head. He has played shit since. That's why people shit on him.

Oldtimer
07-14-2018, 10:09 PM
We should have won the Champions League. Delgado missed an absolute sitter. Didn't even hit the target. That fucked with his head. He has played shit since. That's why people shit on him.

You've pointed this out before, and I think you're right. Strangely enough, none of the Toronto beat soccer journalists seem to have picked this up.

GerMc
07-14-2018, 10:16 PM
That was another brutal game. Only bright point was seeing Jozy on the bench, so maybe he will be back soon. While the defence wasn't great, the lack any sense of urgency in the first half from the whole team was difficult to watch, and even in the second half when the team seemed to wake up, we seem to have lost almost any ability to finish (until it is too late, of course). I am happy to continue to support our Reds, but the games are increasingly unenjoyable to watch. It is not good football...obviously not compared to the world cup...but even compared to any reasonable measure of good football.

portu
07-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Did we ever figure out why Bradley was subbed?

reggie
07-14-2018, 10:36 PM
lets hope vdw is sold or on a loan somewhere,what a farce of a off season by bez.he should be fired

reggie
07-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Did we ever figure out why Bradley was subbed?
i wonder if his act is wearing thin with the other players

jazzy
07-14-2018, 10:41 PM
Well said , unfortunately.......there seems to be a lot of fans accepting this as watchable and willing to wait for , how long ? And I’m waiting for those injuries to heal then all the support players miraculously picking up their game and crushing the opposition . With the parity in the league that is a huge call . We are simply being outplayed in every position right now . Minor changes won’t effect anything . Is it the players or the coach or mgr not hamstringed by the cap ? It is horrid football and I do not look forward to the games now , sad . But FACT ! As entertainment it fails . How does the hope return . With the same cast next year ?

stevep
07-14-2018, 10:43 PM
without Jozy, VDW, Mavinga, Moor and Vazquez this is what you get

with all starters this is by far the best team in mls
without all starters it is close to the worst team in the mls

im starting to wonder if this injury stuff was done on purpose by tfc to try out the other guys to see what they have??
there is just way too many injuries, do other teams have this many starters missing every game?
was this done in the league to allow other cities teams to think that they have some hope??
how do we know they are really injured?

just a theory,

i really don't follow this league other than tfc so i dont know if other teams have this many injuries

I paid a lot of money for two season tickets this year and this is what I get.
I get to watch bench players as starters all year

SirBobSaget
07-14-2018, 11:04 PM
Trade to LAFC for Kaye!!

SoccMan2
07-14-2018, 11:08 PM
without Jozy, VDW, Mavinga, Moor and Vazquez this is what you get

with all starters this is by far the best team in mls
without all starters it is close to the worst team in the mls

im starting to wonder if this injury stuff was done on purpose by tfc to try out the other guys to see what they have??
there is just way too many injuries, do other teams have this many starters missing every game?
was this done in the league to allow other cities teams to think that they have some hope??
how do we know they are really injured?

just a theory,

i really don't follow this league other than tfc so i dont know if other teams have this many injuries

I paid a lot of money for two season tickets this year and this is what I get.
I get to watch bench players as starters all year
To each his own I guess but I don’t get how people who have season tickets have no clue about other teams in this league? I don’t mean you have to sit down and even watch MLS games that don’t include TFC but at least be informed a bit about the other teams in the league and it’s not that hard to do in this day and age of technology . It’s more enjoyable I think anyways when you have a bit of an idea of the opposing teams TFC is playing, rather than just watch TFC and know hardly anything about the league and other teams and players , I don’t know maybe it’s just me I guess .

portu
07-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Me too, I've worked with people with his attitude usually pretty good workers but annoying and holier than thou

Redpunkfiddle
07-14-2018, 11:22 PM
<ironic mode on>

But we lost to an excellent Orlando team, just a little bit better tonight than us.

It's a nice feeling knowing that playing many more remaing games through this approach, we'll have zero problems being a solid playoff team by the end of the season.

<ironic mode off>

This is too good

Whatever it is, its certainly not irony.

SirBobSaget
07-14-2018, 11:48 PM
Whatever it is, its certainly not irony.

Off-topik did you change your username? Dont't recognize this one despite you beeing active.

SirBobSaget
07-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Here's the fact. A team paying out 3x plus more in wages is at the bottom of the league after half season. Any other league in the world this would mean drastic changes. But for some reason with this situation it requires more patience. Is that acceptable? Isnt anyone accountable? If injuries then why isn't the training staff called out? Roster then then GM staff failed. Finally with team management then Vanney dropped it.

Fact is the MLS campaign is a complete disaster and no one has been held accountable. If they continue this downward spiral into ticket renewal season then those with financial interest will feel the effects.

Joe Kool
07-15-2018, 12:10 AM
WE STARTED FROM THE TOP NOW WE’RE HERE...sounds like a good hook line for a new Drake song.

That game was comical. I know we have injuries but man. Giovinco gets paid how much and he can’t even hit the net with any shots. Defensive play is a joke right now. I just tune in for game days now. I don’t want to read the press out there these days on this team.

James17930
07-15-2018, 12:49 AM
lets hope vdw is sold or on a loan somewhere,what a farce of a off season by bez.he should be fired

????

OgtheDim
07-15-2018, 06:47 AM

They don't - also we have had guys out for way longer then most teams deal with.

The bigger factor is most team's in this league have at least 3 MLS quality CB's. That way a team who suffers injuries to their top 2 CB's can make do until one of those 2 gets back.

We thought we had a decent #3 in Hagglund or Zavs or VDW. VDW has been injured while Zavs & Hagglund have regressed.

Fort York Redcoat
07-15-2018, 07:41 AM
Damn that Snowbirds FC.

nonc
07-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Moor isn’t even MLS starting calibre anymore, him and Mavinga will not turn this team around. Injuries literally are just an excuse, last year our B-team could still dominate.

Bono seems to be clowning every game too. I don’t know how any professional team can switch off like TFC did on the first goal, on a free kick within 25 yards. That comes down to coaching and expectations. Forget the spill, Bono made a huge judgement error backing up to his goal line instead of attacking that ball in the air which was very catchable, at worse he could have made it harder to score being right in front of the guy. Giovinco can't hit the net anymore. Only positive this year is Osorio, the rest of the carry-over team and staff has regressed.

whositwhatnow
07-15-2018, 08:07 AM
im just overall confused what is going on anymore....
It seems like they don't want to be out on the field, Vanney looks defeated in his interviews.

Tough final stretch to the season...

noimpactinmtl
07-15-2018, 09:29 AM
Here's the fact. A team paying out 3x plus more in wages is at the bottom of the league after half season. Any other league in the world this would mean drastic changes. But for some reason with this situation it requires more patience. Is that acceptable? Isnt anyone accountable? If injuries then why isn't the training staff called out? Roster then then GM staff failed. Finally with team management then Vanney dropped it.

Fact is the MLS campaign is a complete disaster and no one has been held accountable. If they continue this downward spiral into ticket renewal season then those with financial interest will feel the effects.

No matter how good your training staff is, no one can prevent injuries or a gruelling schedule. These are things that are beyond anyone’s control. Neither Bez nor Vannry or any of the coaching staff could control any of the factors that plague our team.

Our academy is also nowhere near as good as we think to offset the wages lost in injuries.

shwade
07-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Moor isn’t even MLS starting calibre anymore, him and Mavinga will not turn this team around. Injuries literally are just an excuse, last year our B-team could still dominate.

Bono seems to be clowning every game too. I don’t know how any professional team can switch off like TFC did on the first goal, on a free kick within 25 yards. That comes down to coaching and expectations. Forget the spill, Bono made a huge judgement error backing up to his goal line instead of attacking that ball in the air which was very catchable, at worse he could have made it harder to score being right in front of the guy. Giovinco can't hit the net anymore. Only positive this year is Osorio, the rest of the carry-over team and staff has regressed.

He seems like he smoked a bit too much before every game. Contract extension has him lazy.

TMAN80
07-15-2018, 04:24 PM
Hagglund
Zavaleta
Delgado
Hamilton
Tefler

Yup, agree completely. Look at those 5 players, versus who should be in their place, and there you have it. That's the difference. No amount of games ahead is going to change our ways, except better players. People keep expecting different results, with this same line up, and its not going to happen until we are fielding our starters.

TMAN80
07-15-2018, 04:26 PM
Their defence isn't any better than ours, if we can just get 1 I think more will follow
Everyones defence is better than ours, because of injuries.

azorean
07-15-2018, 05:39 PM
We got problems, lot's of them, BUT is it time to reevaluate our Canadian content as well?

General Woolfe
07-15-2018, 05:46 PM
People can say its not Vanney's fault, perhaps with some justification, but the truth is in any other league in the world a team goes on a losing streak like this, the manager is gone. Ask Mourinho or Rannieri. We should also keep in mind this is Vanneys first coaching job. Which begs the question, was last year genius or beginners luck?

Whatever happens he has to start taking some of the blame instead of constantly pointing to outside circumstances. He is the one who sets up the team to play and sends them onto the field of play. Some of the early goals has to reflect on his prep or lack of it

TMAN80
07-15-2018, 05:57 PM

Agree with a lot of this, but we were a good team for a couple years, plus the champions league this year. Not dynasty, but far from a one off.

The first bold part I think is entirely on the players though, not the coach. That being that they are just not good enough, that's all. You can prepare them all you want, but they just do not have the talent, skill, technical ability, awareness or call it anything, but it's not up to this level. You can't make them what they're not, thats the problem.

These two you mention, man, they are dreadful. I have mentioned this for two years, that they don't know what they are doing, and voila! Even with a good partner, they may be less obvious, but they will make mistakes, sometimes subtle, and it will cost us goals at both ends of the field.

General Woolfe
07-15-2018, 06:42 PM
Agree with a lot of this, but we were a good team for a couple years, plus the champions league this year. Not dynasty, but far from a one off.

The first bold part I think is entirely on the players though, not the coach. That being that they are just not good enough, that's all. You can prepare them all you want, but they just do not have the talent, skill, technical ability, awareness or call it anything, but it's not up to this level. You can't make them what they're not, thats the problem.

These two you mention, man, they are dreadful. I have mentioned this for two years, that they don't know what they are doing, and voila! Even with a good partner, they may be less obvious, but they will make mistakes, sometimes subtle, and it will cost us goals at both ends of the field.
Unfortunately it’s difficult to drop Hagglund right now since he’s quite possibly our best goal threat. I also think with the right partner he offers something due to his prowess in the air. However when it comes to playing the ball on the floor or his marking and positioning, I agree both players are dreadful

reggie
07-15-2018, 08:24 PM
????
which part.lol

James17930
07-16-2018, 11:23 AM
which part.lol

vdW didn't even play in the game, so ... just wondering why you mentioned him specifically.

Scotty74
07-16-2018, 12:09 PM
No matter how good your training staff is, no one can prevent injuries or a gruelling schedule. These are things that are beyond anyone’s control. Neither Bez nor Vannry or any of the coaching staff could control any of the factors that plague our team.

Our academy is also nowhere near as good as we think to offset the wages lost in injuries.

pretty much this! We had a very short off season after winning the MLS cup mid December, we were then back at in the CL mid-February, had a shit ton of travel and games very early on, which took it's toll on the roster with injuries! Our back up's have proved they are no-where near good enough, Hagglund and Zavaleta in particular cannot play together at the back

OgtheDim
07-16-2018, 12:17 PM
This team has been unable to create a starting defender either through the draft or the academy.

That's a problem.

Initial B
07-19-2018, 11:22 AM
I just got back from Vacation and happened to be at this game with my son and 6 other TFC fans that I could see in the away section. It was pretty clear that the team misses Vasquez's playmaking as nobody else seems to be able to unlock the Orlando D. Hopefully the injury bug will be under control by August and they won't be too far out of the playoff race to make a run. But a CC win is a requirement.