PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games this Weekend - July 7-8

OgtheDim
07-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Saturday

Atlanta @ Philly 7pm All Atlanta needs is 3 minutes to take apart a suspect defence. Philly has a suspect defence.
2-0 Atlanta

Colorado @ Montreal 7:30pm Montreal turning the corner? Maybe. Beating Colorado at home is not as much a test as a pop quiz.
3-1 Montreal

Seattle @ NER 7:30pm Seattle's new forward, who mightl boss this league like Seba did in 2015, on't start for a few weeks. So, in the meantime, the better organized NER will feast on that cruddy defence.
2-1 NER

Minnesota @ Houston 9pm Houston is better. Yes, the Loons were so happy to get that win against us. The good vibes come crashing down tonight.
3-0 Houston

Dallas @ Salt Lake 10pm Dallas is just a much better team all around (an example for us given their bad season end last year)
2-0 FCD

Chicago @ Vancouver 10:30pm The Fire are unbeaten in 5, mostly because they have figured out how to man mark opponents & pushed Schweinsteiger up into the attack a bit more. Vancouver sets up well against such an approach.
3-2 Vancouver

Columbus @ LAG 10:30pm Team who likes to control the ball vs. a scrappy cut and thrust team. Funny how LAG is the scrappy team now. Goals aplenty in this one.
3-2 win for LAG

Orlando @ LAFC 11pm Orlando is just not very good. Vela is going to take apart that defence. Reminder we play Orlando in a week.
4-1 LAFC

San Jose @ Portland 11pm Portland is on a big roll. SJE is not playing well on defence & will get taken apart.
2-0 Portland

Sunday

NYRB @ NYCFC 7pm Under their new coach, NYC is more pragmatic. That will lead to some unexpected goals from over the top balls that NYRB will have issues with NYRB will stick dogmatically to their press approach which will pay some dividends. Should be the GAME OF THE WEEK
2-2 draw

OgtheDim
07-08-2018, 07:58 AM
Adama Diomande continuing the trend of guys who couldn't quite make it in England doing really well in MLS.

And another reminder of what we miss in Altidore.

Fort York Redcoat
07-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Salt Lakes Silva with the second against Dallas. Great cross to him.

Chicagos Tchani scored a rare one vs Vancouver and Davies. Kamara adds another to his all time past DeRo.

OgtheDim
07-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Wait a second - I don't normally look at my predictions once I make them - but I think I might actually have gotten every result but 1 correct & some even with the exact goal amount.

Remind me to write these threads hurriedly in just 5 minutes more often. :rolleyes:

Gringo Starr
07-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Aside from Montreal winning it wasn't a bad weekend standings wise. Hope the Pigeons take care of MTL mid week

ag futbol
07-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Adama Diomande continuing the trend of guys who couldn't quite make it in England doing really well in MLS.

And another reminder of what we miss in Altidore.
How about Kaye though. People are saying he’s playing near an all-star level in midfield. Obviously helped by an overall talented roster but this is quite the revelation for someone who wasn’t even really given the chance to play their primary position at USL level prior to making an MLS debut.

I hope this convinces some people there’s more Canadians out there worth developing.

Voodooman
07-09-2018, 07:48 AM
I had to laugh so hard at the New England vs Seattle highlights

https://twitter.com/NERevolution/status/1015793930292559872