PDA

View Full Version : New Calgary Stadium

Duelfuel
05-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Anyone the drum for the new Calgary Stadium...

Ever been to a Burn game before? Ouch! It's Hot! Feel the Heat! (etc)

1986 can't be a miracle forever.

#PullTogether

Initial B
05-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Are you talking about the new stadium they want to build for the Stampeders downtown, or the stadium they want to recondition for the CPL at Spruce Meadows?

OgtheDim
05-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Didn't know we had a snapchat/forum full integration.

C.Ronaldo
05-09-2018, 01:31 PM
im so confused, who is snapping their chat and whos #pulling what?

Duelfuel
05-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Are you talking about the new stadium they want to build for the Stampeders downtown, or the stadium they want to recondition for the CPL at Spruce Meadows?

They've been debating the location; I don't care where it is; on the grounds of McMahon, at the Stampede grounds or the Bus depot. Get it built and another amenity (i.e. another MLS team) could play there as well.

nonc
05-16-2018, 07:45 PM
They've been debating the location; I don't care where it is; on the grounds of McMahon, at the Stampede grounds or the Bus depot. Get it built and another amenity (i.e. another MLS team) could play there as well.

Canada is not getting another MLS team. Anyway, first Calgary needs a CPL team to function well (or Calgary Foothills jump to USL) + new a soccer stadium even if it's only 10,000 seating... would still cost over $30 million.

Alonso
05-18-2018, 06:37 PM
Could you imagine a CCL game in February in Calgary in -40?

Better be a domed stadium.

MLS games in March would also be unplayable.

Also, I agree, no more teams in Canada probably.... just not going to happen. There aren't any big Canadian markets left.

Duelfuel
05-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Calgary's over a million people... they should be a big enough market...

C.Ronaldo
05-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Calgary's over a million people... they should be a big enough market...

screw Calgary and their cowboy hats

I bleed Toronto :)

no offense.....well i do mean it to be a friendly offense

Halifax would be my CPL team,

TFC07
05-23-2018, 11:31 PM
It's all about CPL for Canadian soccer fans. I highly doubt any other Canadian cities is trying to get into MLS now.